PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Manchester-2 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/599775-manchester-2-a.html)

TURIN 30th Aug 2018 21:58

Can we all just leave Brexit out of this please? Jet Blast has dozens of pages on it.

Ivan aromer 31st Aug 2018 15:35


Originally Posted by inOban (Post 10237694)
UK citizens holidaying or resident elsewhere in EU make a far larger claim on the health services of the 27 than they do on ours.

of course you have some reliable data to back up you claim?

Armodeen 31st Aug 2018 17:43

It's an established fact. I can't be bothered to search for it for you, but perhaps the original poster will.

Can we return to the airport now please?



Originally Posted by Ivan aromer (Post 10238234)

of course you have some reliable data to back up you claim?


inOban 31st Aug 2018 17:43

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...nt-cost-to-nhs

Data obtained under FOI.

ZULUBOY 31st Aug 2018 22:39


Originally Posted by inOban (Post 10238306)

Please don't post facts for the likes of Council Van.

tokyostich 3rd Sep 2018 09:46

Just wanted to post some quick inside information that it looks like Menzies will lose Easyjet, and no wonder with that given soon EZY will have 17 aircraft based and Menzies barely make do with the 12 currently based. There have been many mistakes, delays and bad customer service with people waiting regularly for over an hour for their baggage at night. Most likely Easyjet will be going to DHL, just like at LGW. And also another interesting development is that Premium Handling have won the contract for Jet Airways, which is the big contract they have been talking about for so long. They are quite used to handling some small planes, if I am right the biggest thing they handle regularly are the scheduled Titan B757s, but now they will be up for handling the B777 to Mumbai. There are some speculations for Menzies getting to handle PIA, Etihad and Ethiopian, which is very surprising in terms of Swissport.

rkenyon 6th Sep 2018 00:05

I see the Etihad lounge is now closed. Rebranded as a 1903 lounge like T3. £45 for 2 hours :mad:

ZOOKER 6th Sep 2018 11:18

What, 45 quid just to sit in a waiting room?

Ivan aromer 6th Sep 2018 18:16


Originally Posted by ZOOKER (Post 10242652)
What, 45 quid just to sit in a waiting room?

Posh waiting room please! This is MAN when all said and done.

ZOOKER 6th Sep 2018 19:46

Plus yer 'Drop-Off Fee' Ivan......Cheap at half the price!

USERNAME_ 7th Sep 2018 13:14

Virgin 747 with an accidental slide deployment in MAN this morning. Don't see how it could be accidental from the top deck? Unless it was a passenger perhaps.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmf...4724471b3d.jpg

LAX_LHR 7th Sep 2018 13:59

Easyjet have said that their ‘worldwide by easyjet’ Concept will be rolled out to MAN ‘in the coming months’.

singapore airlines and Thomas Cook likely to be biggest benefactors at MAN. And indeed, for the latter, the connection possibilities could increase by a huge amount. GRX/GOA/PSA-MAN-JFK as just 3 examples possible on a single ticket could be quite attractive for those in those destinations looking for more options on Long haul LCC travel.

spannersatcx 7th Sep 2018 15:48


Originally Posted by USERNAME_ (Post 10243530)
Virgin 747 with an accidental slide deployment in MAN this morning. Don't see how it could be accidental from the top deck? Unless it was a passenger perhaps.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmf...4724471b3d.jpg

Easy enough to accidentally deploy the slide. Could be any number of reasons.

roverman 7th Sep 2018 17:53


Originally Posted by LAX_LHR (Post 10243558)
Easyjet have said that their ‘worldwide by easyjet’ Concept will be rolled out to MAN ‘in the coming months’.

singapore airlines and Thomas Cook likely to be biggest benefactors at MAN. And indeed, for the latter, the connection possibilities could increase by a huge amount. GRX/GOA/PSA-MAN-JFK as just 3 examples possible on a single ticket could be quite attractive for those in those destinations looking for more options on Long haul LCC travel.

Further evidence that the industry is moving away from the traditional dominant-carrier hub model (LHR, CDG, FRA, AMS etc) and that the future offers many more possibilities for travelers who can find connecting options via a combination of full service and LCCs. It may start off a bit ragged, with a less than seamless transit through the connecting airport, but that will surely change as both the airports and airlines grasp the opportunities. It weakens the case for LHR R3, which is founded on the 'there's only one hub for the UK' argument. Airports like MAN, with a vast range of destinations and airlines but no major hub operator, are well-placed to benefit from this emerging trend. He says, as 105 passengers join Thomas Cook's MAN-Seattle flight yesterday from a range of UK and EU connections.

Scottie Dog 7th Sep 2018 18:10

My only concern Roverman is whether Manchester will have the ability to handle the possibly large number of transfer passengers. I believe the transfer facility at present is near gate 16 in T1, but that this is already struggling to cope in the peak summer months.

Mr A Tis 7th Sep 2018 18:24

Most reports I have read about using Manchester as a Transfer / transit airport have been highly critical.
It will be most likely 10 years before Manchester can handle transfer passengers properly when all the TP is completed.
Contrast with DUB who have just spent and already opened a £16M transfer hub and are doing very well out of it.

FFMAN 7th Sep 2018 19:12

This Easyjet initiative has to be welcomed as it has the potential to make marginal routes more sustainable or previously unviable routes viable.

However, I have never heard a good thing about the transfer process at MAN and having 3 unconnected terminals won't help.
I have a colleague in Belfast that used to transfer over MAN but after two consecutive particularly bad experiences, she has sworn never to do so in the future. She now connects at LHR telling me it's much better or even drives to Dublin on occasions too. She describes the transfer experience at MAN as 'amateurish'. I'm certain she has shared that view with colleagues over there.

LAX_LHR 7th Sep 2018 20:23

The connection facility will be improved when it gets a bigger one in T2. The current transfer area was never designed to handle the volume going through it and has a design flaw that leaves the domestic border vulnerable if not managed correctly.

as said, plans are in motion to improve this and will be a much better and more seamless process. As said, the area was never intended for this volume and volumes are increasing much quicker than forecast.

roverman 7th Sep 2018 23:33


Originally Posted by FFMAN (Post 10243747)
This Easyjet initiative has to be welcomed as it has the potential to make marginal routes more sustainable or previously unviable routes viable.

However, I have never heard a good thing about the transfer process at MAN and having 3 unconnected terminals won't help.
I have a colleague in Belfast that used to transfer over MAN but after two consecutive particularly bad experiences, she has sworn never to do so in the future. She now connects at LHR telling me it's much better or even drives to Dublin on occasions too. She describes the transfer experience at MAN as 'amateurish'. I'm certain she has shared that view with colleagues over there.

Rest assured that MAN is taking transfer traffic seriously. From 2022 there will be only 2 terminals, T2 will have a domestic capability although the majority of domestic will continue to use T3, from which there will be a much improved transfer process via a purpose-built facility very centrally located at the expanded T2. T1 closes. Heathrow does OK with 5 unconnected terminals and so MAN will be fine with 2 terminals and a system to transfer passengers between them quickly.

ETOPS 8th Sep 2018 08:18


Easy enough to accidentally deploy the slide.
As a 747 Capt I've done "doors" numerous times at SEP and opened and shut all of the door types down route more than once.
The actions for arming/disarming the upper deck door, as opposed to opening, it couldn't be more different. Couple that with the fact that this door is not routinely opened makes me wonder who exactly did this?


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:16.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.