Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Eastern Airways-2

Old 29th Apr 2020, 19:41
  #601 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,433
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Try using Chrome. Firefox doesn't seem to work with Eastern's website
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 1st May 2020, 15:06
  #602 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booking

Apparently you can book flights, just wondering how they're implementing social distancing, are they testing passengers?
Wolfgang5150 is offline  
Old 20th May 2020, 23:36
  #603 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Testing

Would you want to get onboard a full J41?
Wolfgang5150 is offline  
Old 21st May 2020, 05:32
  #604 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,845
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolfgang5150
Would you want to get onboard a full J41?
As much as any other full airliner - this is an industry wide issue.
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 31st May 2020, 20:55
  #605 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eastern Airways starting up on the Monday 22nd June on specific routes

https://www.easternairways.com/annou...us-information

Coronavirus (COVID-19) reduced travel restrictions:

Due to the effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic significsntly reducing and Government advice allowing for the removal of many travel restrictions, Eastern Airways has been working in conjunction with all our airport, aircraft cleaning and passenger care providers to ensure robust and approaprite measures are in-place throughout all aspects of your journey. Individual airports will detail specific measures or requirements in-place for your specific journey with us.

As a result, we are pleased to confirm following detailed planning with all our airport partners and service providers, the following scheduled services will commence on the following dates, each with an initial single daily weekday service in each direction.

Monday 22nd June:

ABERDEEN - NEWCASTLE

ABERDEEN - TEESSIDE

ABERDEEN - SOUTHAMPTON*

SOUTHAMPTON - BELFAST CITY

SOUTHAMPTON - MANCHESTER

TEESSIDE - ABERDEEN

TEESSIDE - BELFAST CITY

Monday 29th June:

LEEDS BRADFORD - SOUTHAMPTON

TEESSIDE - SOUTHAMPTON

Monday 6th July:

TEESSIDE - LONDON CITY

Other Services:

Some services will have dates advised in the coming days, including Aberdeen-Wick, Cardiff-Anglesey, Cardiff-Teesside, Cardiff-Aberdeen, Teesside-Dublin, Southampton-Dublin in addition to a number of new services.
allan1987 is offline  
Old 31st May 2020, 21:55
  #606 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 3,428
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see they ran it through a spellchecker first
LlamaFarmer is online now  
Old 31st May 2020, 23:11
  #607 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: antrim
Age: 63
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolfgang5150
Would you want to get onboard a full J41?
Another way to look at it. Would you be statistically at less risk sharing a space with 30 people or sharing a space with 150 people on a larger aircraft? Is there less chance of someone having the virus amongst 30 as opposed to several amongst 150?

The last option is of course that we all continue to hide behind our sofas for the remainder of 2020 and perhaps the first few months of 2021. The money fairy will naturally continue to pay for all of our mortgages and living expenses. This money is free and does not have to be paid back - ever. After we have all hidden away for at least a year I hate to say it but there's a chance the virus will still be present. As will various other nasty bugs that have also been present for years and years.

Or we could start to live our lives again and use air travel sensibly and take precautions. We adapted to new security after 9/11, we can adapt to this, on either large or small aircraft.
panpanpanpan is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 06:41
  #608 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 822
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by panpanpanpan
Another way to look at it. Would you be statistically at less risk sharing a space with 30 people or sharing a space with 150 people on a larger aircraft? Is there less chance of someone having the virus amongst 30 as opposed to several amongst 150?

The last option is of course that we all continue to hide behind our sofas for the remainder of 2020 and perhaps the first few months of 2021. The money fairy will naturally continue to pay for all of our mortgages and living expenses. This money is free and does not have to be paid back - ever. After we have all hidden away for at least a year I hate to say it but there's a chance the virus will still be present. As will various other nasty bugs that have also been present for years and years.

Or we could start to live our lives again and use air travel sensibly and take precautions. We adapted to new security after 9/11, we can adapt to this, on either large or small aircraft.
The problem comes back once again to the media unsurprisingly. The British public are so swayed by what the headlines say there is a large amount of the population who are seemingly too scared to sit on an aircraft but will happily congregate in large groups in the parks or on the beach. If the media was to run some headlines on the evidence around aircraft air filters, included interviews with the aircraft manufacturers and discussed the likelihoodís of contracting Covid in those circumstances assuming face masks are worn I think this may offer some reassurance.

But of course this would be a more positive spin news story so wonít likely get coverage.

Keeping the middle seat empty and a 14 day quarantine just isnít necessary. Do a temperature check at the entrance to the airport - ok it will delay getting in but itís no worse than having to queue to get your baggage screened before entering the terminal like you do in some airports in the world. And it will hopefully only be temporary.

I am not sure anymore whether people fear getting on an aircraft or simply donít want to go abroad / donít want people entering the U.K. because of the risk of infection. If itís the latter then more needs to be done to enforce the current restrictions as stupid as they seem to be. So many people yesterday were out in our park drinking with more and more getting drunk at which point social distancing went out the window.
Cloud1 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 06:51
  #609 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,845
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
As this is an Eastern Airways discussion, can you clarify what types of filters are fitted to their fleet, and which a/c have middle seats?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 07:50
  #610 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 600
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure whether there was a degree of irony in the original post. The middle seat on a J41 is probably the most uncomfortable place to be on any commercial aircraft, with or without Coronavirus at large....
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 10:14
  #611 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 762
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still going

I obviously incorrectly thought that EA would not survive the last few years. But RL's business model yet again in working and that is great for the employees.

Flybe's demise has no doubt given them some great opportunities to further the business.

Wish the best for them. It will be interesting to see if there is a fleet expansion/addition.
jamestkirk is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 16:06
  #612 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 3,428
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JTK I was of the same opinion, I was surprised it survived as far as January 2020.

I'm completely flabbergasted that coronavirus lockdown hasn't killed it off. Perhaps it has managed to furlough all the staff for a few months and go into hibernation with low ongoing costs essentially.
LlamaFarmer is online now  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 17:05
  #613 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Age: 35
Posts: 329
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their finances available on the usual company check websites paint a worrying picture
Cautious Optimist is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 18:34
  #614 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 251
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LlamaFarmer
JTK I was of the same opinion, I was surprised it survived as far as January 2020.

I'm completely flabbergasted that coronavirus lockdown hasn't killed it off. Perhaps it has managed to furlough all the staff for a few months and go into hibernation with low ongoing costs essentially.
RL no doubt pumping his own fortune into the business to keep it afloat, itís personal to him. Any other owner and it would have gone to the wall years ago.
Atlantic Explorer is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 20:46
  #615 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 3,428
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlantic Explorer
RL no doubt pumping his own fortune into the business to keep it afloat, itís personal to him. Any other owner and it would have gone to the wall years ago.
I suppose he made a lot from selling it to Bristow then buying it back, so I guess he can afford to keep it going for a while.
LlamaFarmer is online now  
Old 1st Jun 2020, 21:05
  #616 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 822
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
As this is an Eastern Airways discussion, can you clarify what types of filters are fitted to their fleet, and which a/c have middle seats?
No. It may be an Eastern thread but I can still make a comment regarding aviation travel and my perception of customer attitude to air travel. Most customers wonít know the difference between Easternís fleet and any other plane.
Cloud1 is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2020, 00:13
  #617 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Londonderry
Posts: 506
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would appear both G-CHMR/CISK have appeared on listings over at Skyworld...

G-CHMR (MSN 145405) https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts...5-mp-for-sale/

G-CISK (MSN 145570)
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts...5-lr-for-sale/
Fly757X is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2020, 00:40
  #618 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly757X
Would appear both G-CHMR/CISK have appeared on listings over at Skyworld...

G-CHMR (MSN 145405) https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts...5-mp-for-sale/

G-CISK (MSN 145570)
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts...5-lr-for-sale/
SE-DZA (MSN145070) is for sale/lease as well
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts...or-sale-lease/




allan1987 is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2020, 01:12
  #619 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Londonderry
Posts: 506
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allan1987
SE-DZA (MSN145070) is for sale/lease as well
https://www.skyworld.co.uk/aircrafts...or-sale-lease/
Cheers, Was wondering why it made its way back to HUY.
Fly757X is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2020, 05:44
  #620 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 66
Posts: 630
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I need to go to Yorkshire asap for a day trip - it is for business
(ATM we cannot stay overnight under the current lock-down rules) and it is a bloody long drive from sleepy Dorset to go for the day, not even gonna go there.

Great, let's fly I thought -

I live fairly local to SOU and wish to use, and support my local airport -
Eastern re-start LBA 29 June.

Very p'''d off to see that although they are now flying again to/from LBA their flight times are totally useless for a day trip - 17.05 departure from SOU.
This will never work for us, so why did they even bother?

OK let's go to LHR -
BA have just announced last week they are dropping their LBA from LHR - An almost continuous link since before my days working at BMA at LHR when we took over the LBA service from BA in 1980. BMA did 4 daily Viscount flights.

Ugh.............
rog747 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.