Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Birmingham-7

Old 9th Jan 2020, 09:59
  #1201 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 59
Posts: 719
NEW ROUTE Blue Air - Bacău to Birmingham

From 17 June 2020 BCM 0730-0900 BHX (Wed & Sun) BHX 0945-1515 BCM (Wed & Sun)
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2020, 16:02
  #1202 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 258
The chaos of flooding in Dubai has caused both todays BHX flights to have delays of 4+ hours.
It will be heaving in the Lounge but better there than fighting for seats with 600 frustrated pax at Wetherspoons.
EK40 is due out at 18.00 instead of 13.30
I'm so pleased we choose to fly next Wednesday and not on todays flight
SS
ps I have just seen Flightradar24 showing EK37 arriving at 23.31. That will mean a 02.00 departure then ?
ssflyer is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2020, 18:28
  #1203 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 59
Posts: 719
Originally Posted by ssflyer View Post
The chaos of flooding in Dubai has caused both todays BHX flights to have delays of 4+ hours.
It will be heaving in the Lounge but better there than fighting for seats with 600 frustrated pax at Wetherspoons.
EK40 is due out at 18.00 instead of 13.30
I'm so pleased we choose to fly next Wednesday and not on todays flight
SS
ps I have just seen Flightradar24 showing EK37 arriving at 23.31. That will mean a 02.00 departure then ?
EK31 DXB-LHR is also coming to BHX at 00.15 - nice !
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2020, 20:27
  #1204 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: London
Posts: 145
EK31 will be going to London Gatwick now not Birmingham.
flyerguy is offline  
Old 13th Jan 2020, 16:51
  #1205 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 59
Posts: 719
NEW ROUTE - Turkish twice weekly BHX-AYT from June :-)
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 13th Jan 2020, 17:38
  #1206 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,143
Turkish Airlines

Originally Posted by BHX5DME View Post
NEW ROUTE - Turkish twice weekly BHX-AYT from June :-)
Turkish Airlines

From Wednesday 3rd June twice a week until Saturday 24 October

TK1177/78 Wednesday 16.35 - 17.35

TK1177/78 Saturday 08.15 - 09.15

Type: Boeing 73H

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 13th Jan 2020, 21:51
  #1207 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 10
What do we think about the Flybe situation?
will it last because I’m not too convinced and I really think that if they don’t survive then Birmingham will have lost 2 million passengers less this year plus bhx will attract even less customers as there will be less airlines available that’s unless easy jet jumps in!
Loui is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2020, 17:16
  #1208 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,143
Flybe/Jet2/passenger figures

Originally Posted by Loui View Post
What do we think about the Flybe situation?
will it last because Iím not too convinced and I really think that if they donít survive then Birmingham will have lost 2 million passengers less this year plus bhx will attract even less customers as there will be less airlines available thatís unless easy jet jumps in!
Don't forget easyjet have announced Glasgow and Edinburgh already, which would offset some of any further Flybe reductions, as for the rest, the least said the better as they are still flying and jobs at stake.

Jet2 increase Reykjavik

1st October - 23 November twice a week Monday and Thursday and then 11 Feb 26 April 21 and again twice a week.

2019 Figures.


BHX 2019 figures

Quite good all things considered.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2020, 14:55
  #1209 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 877
Good news about Rekyjavik - clutching at straws, that could almost now be counted as a proper seasonal scheduled service. I would say there is demand for a year round link but Jet2 can clearly make more money on ski and summer Med routes to commit to going year round.

The 2019 figures, well all things considered good based on events. Potentially another tough year ahead given the Flybe situation. If the worst happens, one Hope's EZY can be persuaded to take up a few routes but with S20 schedules and aircraft allocations done, this IMO is unlikely.

I make 25 scheduled airlines and 105 scheduled destinations for summer 20 which is not too shabby, unless BE disappear of course. The airline mix at BHX certainly beats Luton and Bristol hands down, even if our pax growth is much weaker.
GayFriendly is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2020, 20:42
  #1210 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,143
December 2019 & 2019 annual & Flybe

Originally Posted by GayFriendly View Post
Good news about Rekyjavik - clutching at straws, that could almost now be counted as a proper seasonal scheduled service. I would say there is demand for a year round link but Jet2 can clearly make more money on ski and summer Med routes to commit to going year round.

The 2019 figures, well all things considered good based on events. Potentially another tough year ahead given the Flybe situation. If the worst happens, one Hope's EZY can be persuaded to take up a few routes but with S20 schedules and aircraft allocations done, this IMO is unlikely.

I make 25 scheduled airlines and 105 scheduled destinations for summer 20 which is not too shabby, unless BE disappear of course. The airline mix at BHX certainly beats Luton and Bristol hands down, even if our pax growth is much weaker.
CAA figures for December 813931 down 1.4% which is disappointing and the CAA report the year as 12646345 up 1.5%

Flybe shows Dusseldorf bookable early morning departure and the aircraft returns in the evening just one daily except Saturday.

Amsterdam back to 5 daily summer 2020 so I assume A N Other operator has changed their mind. Flybe had to give up to 5 slot pairs if anyone was interested.

Jersey up to 3 daily with the afternoon BHX departure reintroduced now that GCI-LHR is canned.

EDI back to 7 daily as last summer it was originally 8 daily.

Could be 9 aircraft based as Inverness retimed to 09.30 and none of the first departures are back by then (CDG AMS STR DUS JER BHD EDI GLA & INV as first wave departures)

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2020, 18:30
  #1211 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford
Posts: 429
Turkish are sending an A330-200 on the afternoon flight of the 15th Feb.

Jet2 have added some new Christmas market routes for Nov/Dec - Berlin, Cologne, Nuremberg, Strasbourg, Copenhagen aswell as Vienna.
chinapattern is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2020, 18:36
  #1212 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,143
jet2

Originally Posted by chinapattern View Post
Turkish are sending an A330-200 on the afternoon flight of the 15th Feb.

Jet2 have added some new Christmas market routes for Nov/Dec - Berlin, Cologne, Nuremberg, Strasbourg, Copenhagen aswell as Vienna.

New

Berlin SXF - 6 flights 27-11, 30-11, 4/12, 7/12, 11/12 & 14/12 (Monday & Friday)

Cologne - 2 flights 4/12 & 6/12

Nuremburg - 2 flights 27/11 & 29/11

Strasbourg - 2 flights 11/12 & 13/12

Copenhagen - 6 flights 26-11, 29/11, 3/12, 6/12, 10/12, 13/12

Barcelona and Lisbon both run through the winter twice weekly as least one of those wasn't released originally

Restarted

Newark - 6 flights 19/11, 23/11. 6/12, 10/12. 13/12 & 17/12

Others

Vienna - shorter series twice weekly for 4 weeks 19-11 - 13/12

Reykjavik - as earlier reported twice weekly 1 Oct - 23/11 then 11 Feb - 26 April

Budapest - from 2 to up to 4 a week from 23-11 until 3/1/21

Krakow - from 2 weekly to 4 weekly 30-Nov- 3 Jan

Prague - from 2 weekly to 4 week until 3 Jan

Venice ends 22 Nov - 2 weeks later

Nice restarts in March 21 two weekly all through until end of April

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2020, 19:11
  #1213 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,856
I only see 3 flights to EWR?
GrahamK is online now  
Old 4th Feb 2020, 19:36
  #1214 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,143
Newark

Originally Posted by GrahamK View Post
I only see 3 flights to EWR?
I have counted the returns - out 19 Nov back 23 Nov, out 6 Dec back 10 Dec out 13 Dec back 17 Dec

Same for the two flights, in effect just 1 return flight.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2020, 22:55
  #1215 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 10
2019 FIGURES

Do you think that if Air India and Turkmenistan Airlines werenít Suspended for a long part of the year we could have gotten more passengers overall or?
plus are Flybe ever going to talk about the future and Birmingham because they havenít really talked about it at all!!
Loui is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2020, 16:21
  #1216 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 10
TUI AIRWAYS

Split isnít showing as available for summer 2020 but 2021 does!!!
Loui is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2020, 17:13
  #1217 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Loui View Post
Split isnít showing as available for summer 2020 but 2021 does!!!
Quite a number of routes over the entire network has been withdrawn from 2020 but remain for 2021 due to fleet restrictions
awwdabaaby is offline  
Old 12th Feb 2020, 11:53
  #1218 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 899
Does anybody know when the STS hangar goes live? I know they were/are recruiting.

FC
Fried_Chicken is offline  
Old 12th Feb 2020, 12:59
  #1219 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Out of a bag
Posts: 559
Jet2 aircraft

Latest info is

10x B737
3x Jet2 A321
3x Smartlynx A321
1x Titan B757 during peak summer.

Jet2 have come a long way from 4 aircraft just three years ago.
Flying Wild is offline  
Old 12th Feb 2020, 22:03
  #1220 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 63
Originally Posted by Flying Wild View Post
Latest info is

10x B737
3x Jet2 A321
3x Smartlynx A321
1x Titan B757 during peak summer.

Jet2 have come a long way from 4 aircraft just three years ago.
Not certain where you are getting this information from? The schedules for summer 2020 show 8 x B738's, 3 x A321s, and 3 leased A321's from Smartlynx, giving a base of 14 aircraft.

The Titan B757 will only be based mid May till the end of July, covering for an A321 which then takes over from August.

We will see a daily B738 on the Palma based aircraft, and some flights on the B738 based Alicante aircraft, so unless Jet2 have decided to base an extra 2 B738s at BHX in the last 24 hours, and not yet uploaded the flights, its clearly a 14 aircraft base!!

Or are you talking about the summer 2021 BHX base, in which case Titan should have disposed of their B757s by then?
Matt995 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.