PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2020, 20:42
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December 2019 & 2019 annual & Flybe

Originally Posted by GayFriendly
Good news about Rekyjavik - clutching at straws, that could almost now be counted as a proper seasonal scheduled service. I would say there is demand for a year round link but Jet2 can clearly make more money on ski and summer Med routes to commit to going year round.

The 2019 figures, well all things considered good based on events. Potentially another tough year ahead given the Flybe situation. If the worst happens, one Hope's EZY can be persuaded to take up a few routes but with S20 schedules and aircraft allocations done, this IMO is unlikely.

I make 25 scheduled airlines and 105 scheduled destinations for summer 20 which is not too shabby, unless BE disappear of course. The airline mix at BHX certainly beats Luton and Bristol hands down, even if our pax growth is much weaker.
CAA figures for December 813931 down 1.4% which is disappointing and the CAA report the year as 12646345 up 1.5%

Flybe shows Dusseldorf bookable early morning departure and the aircraft returns in the evening just one daily except Saturday.

Amsterdam back to 5 daily summer 2020 so I assume A N Other operator has changed their mind. Flybe had to give up to 5 slot pairs if anyone was interested.

Jersey up to 3 daily with the afternoon BHX departure reintroduced now that GCI-LHR is canned.

EDI back to 7 daily as last summer it was originally 8 daily.

Could be 9 aircraft based as Inverness retimed to 09.30 and none of the first departures are back by then (CDG AMS STR DUS JER BHD EDI GLA & INV as first wave departures)

Pete