PPRuNe Forums


Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th Mar 2017, 02:49   #361 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siennarose View Post
Me too can't wait to find out 😊 Best of luck to us haha
Sorry! Only just saw this now! Keep me updated on how you go I'm constantly checking my email for a response lol
CaitlinMaree92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2017, 03:18   #362 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lish10 View Post
Hi Hayley, where were you sitting Wednesday? Fingers crossed you hear something soon. Everyone going through this process seems to be on their own timeframe so I wouldn't worry!
Hey Lish10! I was sitting on the table closest to the door (but not middle table). Where were you sitting? Yep hoping I hear something soon! Trying not to stress about it too much
hayleyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2017, 10:10   #363 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4
Waiting for AD:)

Hey guys, A newbie here lol!
Im so glad I came across this forum, you guys have been so helpful! I applied for VA AKL base yesterday afternoon, submitted my Vid today at 6.30PM and got an email 45mins later asking me to come to a recruitment day but no date as to when it could be, anyone else apply for AKL base and waiting for a date?

Best of luck to you all!
X
jayjay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2017, 02:11   #364 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay88 View Post
Hey guys, A newbie here lol!
Im so glad I came across this forum, you guys have been so helpful! I applied for VA AKL base yesterday afternoon, submitted my Vid today at 6.30PM and got an email 45mins later asking me to come to a recruitment day but no date as to when it could be, anyone else apply for AKL base and waiting for a date?

Best of luck to you all!
X
Wow so soon! It's been a week and a half and the wait is killing me! Good luck at your AD
CaitlinMaree92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2017, 21:08   #365 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitlinMaree92 View Post
Wow so soon! It's been a week and a half and the wait is killing me! Good luck at your AD
Im thinking maybe there arent many ppl in Auckland who applied😳
Best of luck to you! Let me know how you go
jayjay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 03:03   #366 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay88 View Post
Hey guys, A newbie here lol!
Im so glad I came across this forum, you guys have been so helpful! I applied for VA AKL base yesterday afternoon, submitted my Vid today at 6.30PM and got an email 45mins later asking me to come to a recruitment day but no date as to when it could be, anyone else apply for AKL base and waiting for a date?

Best of luck to you all!
X
That's amazing, well done!!
mayha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 17:41   #367 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 6
Hey Lish10 yes that was me!!
That's so great you got through! I also got through to the next stage so did the test and now they are checking my references.
All this waiting is killing me!
Plobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 22:11   #368 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay88 View Post
Im thinking maybe there arent many ppl in Auckland who applied😳
Best of luck to you! Let me know how you go
I did notice that they readvertised for AKL among others, so they must not have had many applications. They only readvertised for SYD regional crew, so I suspect there are a fair few they need to go through!
CaitlinMaree92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2017, 01:27   #369 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plobbo View Post
Hey Lish10 yes that was me!!
That's so great you got through! I also got through to the next stage so did the test and now they are checking my references.
All this waiting is killing me!
Yes me too and I know at least one has done the reference so I am hoping it will happen soon! I am checking my emails every hour now haha. Have you started looking for places to move down here?
Lish10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2017, 04:50   #370 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum.

Did anybody have a confirmation seat an the next training that will be on 25th of April in Melbourne?
and the other questions is: Does any body have knowledge about which Aircraft we will be trained for international short haul? Did anyone have videos or a manual to read?

Thanks guys and have a good luck in your process.
Fher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2017, 01:53   #371 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Hi, I have a confirmed seat in the next training in Melbourne for the 25th of April.

Do you as well?

Not sure which aircraft we will be trained on but also interested to find out!
binks93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2017, 07:02   #372 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitlinMaree92 View Post
Sorry! Only just saw this now! Keep me updated on how you go I'm constantly checking my email for a response lol
Hi there

I submitted my video and a week or so later i have been invited to the assessment day when they have one so fingers crossed *** good luck everyone ** so different having to do a video but Jetstar do something similar and it was so much fun
Siennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2017, 07:08   #373 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay88 View Post
Hey guys, A newbie here lol!
Im so glad I came across this forum, you guys have been so helpful! I applied for VA AKL base yesterday afternoon, submitted my Vid today at 6.30PM and got an email 45mins later asking me to come to a recruitment day but no date as to when it could be, anyone else apply for AKL base and waiting for a date?

Best of luck to you all!
X
Wow 45 minutes is fast, I had a email a week later good luck to you I am waiting for a recruitment day in chch and nothing as yet I am so excited I can't wait ��
Siennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2017, 07:56   #374 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4
Always keep trying

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say what ever happens in the recruitment process (ie) successful or not.......and flight attending is your dream keep trying 😊 I had unsuccessfully attended a recruitment day with another airline a year or so ago and then the next time I was successful 😊. I actually love attending airline interviews they are so much fun 😊 And I know of a few cabin crew that have been unsuccessful first attempt . So dont lose hope whatever happens
I hope we all make it
Siennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2017, 09:54   #375 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lish10 View Post
Yes me too and I know at least one has done the reference so I am hoping it will happen soon! I am checking my emails every hour now haha. Have you started looking for places to move down here?
Did they inform you when they sent out the online thing to your references? or when the references had completed it?
Because I know one of mine still hasn't heard anything from them and I'm starting to worry...
Haven't started looking for places yet but hopefully il hear from them soon and I can start having a look
Did you end up hearing back from them?
Plobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 07:29   #376 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by binks93 View Post
Hi, I have a confirmed seat in the next training in Melbourne for the 25th of April.

Do you as well?

Not sure which aircraft we will be trained on but also interested to find out!
Yes, I do!!! I'm so excited... I'm looking forward to starting and meeting all of you!
Fher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 09:18   #377 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plobbo View Post
Did they inform you when they sent out the online thing to your references? or when the references had completed it?
Because I know one of mine still hasn't heard anything from them and I'm starting to worry...
Haven't started looking for places yet but hopefully il hear from them soon and I can start having a look
Did you end up hearing back from them?
It can take like 8 weeks don't stress
Skyangel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2017, 23:36   #378 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mel
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plobbo View Post
Hey Lish10 yes that was me!!
That's so great you got through! I also got through to the next stage so did the test and now they are checking my references.
All this waiting is killing me!
Hi guys
I was on the 9th in melbourne. I have had references done and now playing the waiting game. It's only been two weeks but feels like forever :-)
Mooky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2017, 01:50   #379 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fher View Post
Yes, I do!!! I'm so excited... I'm looking forward to starting and meeting all of you!

Have you received your contract?
binks93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2017, 03:31   #380 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1
Waiting to hear

Hi I'm new here & I just found this forum, has anyone heard back from their video application VA Syd application closing date Feb 28 2017. Im anxiously waiting for a reply. When is the usual wait time to hear anything?
newbee067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
cabin crew wannabee, virgin australia

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:54.


1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1