Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Old 7th Mar 2017, 08:54
  #341 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mayha
Hi all!!

I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but how long did you all wait to hear after the elevator pitch? (I'm super early in the recruitment and have zero expectations!)
Hi mayha

From what I remember they will send you an invitation for an assessment day after you have submitted your elevator pitch. This is obviously subject to them having assessment days scheduled for your base. From memory I had to wait about 2/3 weeks for an assessment day to be scheduled hope that helps. Good luck!
skyhigh_7 is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2017, 02:18
  #342 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7
Hi mayha

From what I remember they will send you an invitation for an assessment day after you have submitted your elevator pitch. This is obviously subject to them having assessment days scheduled for your base. From memory I had to wait about 2/3 weeks for an assessment day to be scheduled hope that helps. Good luck!
Hi skyhigh_7

That definitely helps, thank you so much!!
mayha is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2017, 08:20
  #343 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations on Graduating Pattycloud that is fabulous news. How was the training.

I have finally heard and have now progrssed thorugh to the swimming assessment stage which i have now completed and now waiting to hear if i get through to the Medical. Such a long process but sure it will be worth it.
Jetsetter27 is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2017, 12:06
  #344 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 61
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All, threw my hat in the ring for the latest round of applications. Sent off my video a few days back and now start to play the waiting game like the rest of you.

Just wondering, the medical you all have been required to pass, is it an aviation medical via a DAME or just general medical?
SenZubEanS is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2017, 08:04
  #345 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere warm
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which base did you apply for

Congratulations Jetsetter27 on getting through to the next stage. Which base did you apply for?

Originally Posted by Jetsetter27
Congratulations on Graduating Pattycloud that is fabulous news. How was the training.

I have finally heard and have now progrssed thorugh to the swimming assessment stage which i have now completed and now waiting to hear if i get through to the Medical. Such a long process but sure it will be worth it.
samasama is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2017, 12:15
  #346 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Samasama, i applied for Perth base. What about yourself do you work for Virgin or applying
Jetsetter27 is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2017, 22:51
  #347 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clay111
Hi any news?
Is your reference check done
Hi Clay111

My reference checks have been completed but still no news on the next stage. Hoping to hear something soon. What stage are you up to?
skyhigh_7 is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2017, 23:25
  #348 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7
Hi Clay111

My reference checks have been completed but still no news on the next stage. Hoping to hear something soon. What stage are you up to?
Which base is this?
I'm in talent pool
Hopefully soon as it took me a week to get a reply
Fingers crossed for you
Clay111 is offline  
Old 10th Mar 2017, 01:00
  #349 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next training session MEL!

Hi guys, I'm new to this chat. If I apply for an international short-haul service MEL, I have 3 questions. 1. When is the next training? 2. What kind of aircraft I will be trained? And 3. Does anyone have a cabin crew manual to start reading?

Regards and good luck in yours applications!
Fher is offline  
Old 10th Mar 2017, 01:29
  #350 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plobbo
Are any of you going to the assessment day on the 8th in Melbourne??
Hey Plobbo I was there- was it you I was sitting next to during the group activities and waiting for one on ones with?! I got an email saying on to the next stage how did you go?
Lish10 is offline  
Old 10th Mar 2017, 08:10
  #351 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere warm
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I am in the talent pool for Adelaide base. I believe there are about 30 of us currently waiting for a training school start date. I've been in the talent pool since November, is there anyone else in the talent pool for Adelaide on here and have you heard any news?
samasama is offline  
Old 10th Mar 2017, 08:25
  #352 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Lish10,
I was at the Melbourne assessment day on the 8th too. Congrats on getting through to the next stage! I haven't heard anything yet and just checked my application online and nothing has changed either. Not sure if it's a good or bad sign but hate playing this waiting game already! Just gotta be patient and hope for the best I guess!
hayleyw is offline  
Old 11th Mar 2017, 05:18
  #353 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hayleyw
Hey Lish10,
I was at the Melbourne assessment day on the 8th too. Congrats on getting through to the next stage! I haven't heard anything yet and just checked my application online and nothing has changed either. Not sure if it's a good or bad sign but hate playing this waiting game already! Just gotta be patient and hope for the best I guess!
Hi Hayley, where were you sitting Wednesday? Fingers crossed you hear something soon. Everyone going through this process seems to be on their own timeframe so I wouldn't worry!
Lish10 is offline  
Old 13th Mar 2017, 03:49
  #354 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siennarose
Me too can't wait to find out 😊 Best of luck to us haha
Sorry! Only just saw this now! Keep me updated on how you go I'm constantly checking my email for a response lol
CaitlinMaree92 is offline  
Old 13th Mar 2017, 04:18
  #355 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lish10
Hi Hayley, where were you sitting Wednesday? Fingers crossed you hear something soon. Everyone going through this process seems to be on their own timeframe so I wouldn't worry!
Hey Lish10! I was sitting on the table closest to the door (but not middle table). Where were you sitting? Yep hoping I hear something soon! Trying not to stress about it too much
hayleyw is offline  
Old 13th Mar 2017, 11:10
  #356 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Auckland
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for AD:)

Hey guys, A newbie here lol!
Im so glad I came across this forum, you guys have been so helpful! I applied for VA AKL base yesterday afternoon, submitted my Vid today at 6.30PM and got an email 45mins later asking me to come to a recruitment day but no date as to when it could be, anyone else apply for AKL base and waiting for a date?

Best of luck to you all!
X
jayjay88 is offline  
Old 14th Mar 2017, 03:11
  #357 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayjay88
Hey guys, A newbie here lol!
Im so glad I came across this forum, you guys have been so helpful! I applied for VA AKL base yesterday afternoon, submitted my Vid today at 6.30PM and got an email 45mins later asking me to come to a recruitment day but no date as to when it could be, anyone else apply for AKL base and waiting for a date?

Best of luck to you all!
X
Wow so soon! It's been a week and a half and the wait is killing me! Good luck at your AD
CaitlinMaree92 is offline  
Old 14th Mar 2017, 22:08
  #358 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Auckland
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaitlinMaree92
Wow so soon! It's been a week and a half and the wait is killing me! Good luck at your AD
Im thinking maybe there arent many ppl in Auckland who applied😳
Best of luck to you! Let me know how you go
jayjay88 is offline  
Old 15th Mar 2017, 04:03
  #359 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayjay88
Hey guys, A newbie here lol!
Im so glad I came across this forum, you guys have been so helpful! I applied for VA AKL base yesterday afternoon, submitted my Vid today at 6.30PM and got an email 45mins later asking me to come to a recruitment day but no date as to when it could be, anyone else apply for AKL base and waiting for a date?

Best of luck to you all!
X
That's amazing, well done!!
mayha is offline  
Old 15th Mar 2017, 18:41
  #360 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Lish10 yes that was me!!
That's so great you got through! I also got through to the next stage so did the test and now they are checking my references.
All this waiting is killing me!
Plobbo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.