PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

CEJM
19th May 2007, 15:44
Just a quick question regarding the Etihad online application.

You need to upload a stamped page from your logbook. As i have a electronic logbook i don't have any stamped pages. Are you able to send in your last logbook page without a stamp?

I don't really want to go to our chief pilot with the question if he can stamp my logbook page so i can apply to Etihad. :ouch:

Any advise on this is welcome.

Thanks,

CEJM

chrispatrickGA
20th May 2007, 15:25
ok guys,
Can anyone who recently had an interview with EY tell me precisely about the technical test ,please?
PM me if you can or just give me some internet websites where i can find some info.
Thanks!!!!!:rolleyes:

piloton
22nd May 2007, 14:25
Does anybody knows how many days off? are they consecutive? is it possible to commute home on days off?
Thank you......

Togalk
23rd May 2007, 04:09
The most you will get in a row is 4 days. So unless you live in Europe or Bahrain, it would be pretty tough to go home on your days off.

assymetric
24th May 2007, 01:01
I know there have been interviews in the last few weeks at EY. Is there anyone out there willing to share information as to what they went through at the interview, Tech, English exams and Sim profile. I have got the general info but looking for latest actual stuff. I have a interview coming up so any info appreciated.

Post here or PM me.

Thanks
Assy

:ok: :ok::ok::ok::ok:

boeing-man
24th May 2007, 07:19
EK777, stay where you are. Same host of problems in EY if not more because of the overnight and ever changing policies. This company has no direction. Plus flight ops management people being changed all the time. New head of training on the way...(this is 5th in 3 years!) also new Flight safety head soon as well. Head of recruitment seat now empty...after being changed for at least 3 times....but nonetheless, they are still giving empty promises that requires lots of luck to come thru....eg upgrade after 18 months, beautiful villas, great roster......

best of luck.

ironbutt57
24th May 2007, 07:37
I know several are in the process of going there from GF, and many interviews over the next few months...

Stratosphere6000
24th May 2007, 11:29
let ppl make up their own minds basing on fair opinions.....Ever heard when EK started up ppl didn't go cause they thought it was a joke. I certainly have been told that back in the days when EK was learning to walk a lot of ppl laughed at the option of joining them. Look at them now. EY not even 4yrs old. The competition now is 10 times more than what it was when EK started up. Lets be fair for once......

a-b212
24th May 2007, 16:48
hi im wondering if anybodie knows if ettihad accepts second officers all helps would be apreciated.thanks

MinimaNoContact
30th May 2007, 06:14
Just curious, how strict is the requirement for having flown jet aircraft above 60t? Does 54t cut the cheese these days??
Cheers

sidestick driver
30th May 2007, 10:04
60 tons is 60 tons. Either you have or you don't

MinimaNoContact
30th May 2007, 11:17
Yeah ok, thanks, but have heard discussion of pilots with experience on aircraft like older style 737, CRJ, 717 and similar types were being considered/interviewed, and all under this 'magical' 60t mark... just wondering.
Anyone out there that can confirm it?

EL CAPITAN
12th Jun 2007, 10:25
Any insider at EY care to share any news about the EY hiring, are they still on the need for DECs??? What about the road show in Bahrain with the GF guys, did they get what they needed or will they will be hiring some more? Thanks for the feed back.........Tha Capt

Autobrake1
12th Jun 2007, 11:22
good afternoon gents!

does anybody know current phone number of EY HR DEPARTMENT

thx

ab1

thefoxandfirkin
12th Jun 2007, 12:26
is it 666 perhaps?

Autobrake1
12th Jun 2007, 12:43
it´s not :)

CI100
12th Jun 2007, 14:33

There rest you have to use your brain

There are two 5s
There are two 8s
One 0
One 2
and
One 1

The name of the fellow also starts as the name of the UAE ruller.....:E

skychick2
12th Jun 2007, 15:21
I am pretty good with numbers..............try number one +97125058218.Voila !! You are off to the hire and fire dept.Good luck!!

assymetric
13th Jun 2007, 11:32
Hi all,
Maybe someone who has gone through the process recently could comment.

I have a interview coming up and I would like to know how long it is before you are informed if you are sucessful or not and how long before you get a start date.

Post here or PM me.

Thanks Assy

Sandpilot
13th Jun 2007, 12:50
Hi assymetric,

Thanks share it, a friend of mine who works EY said they change everything from 3 months ago.
cheers:ok:

bianchi
13th Jun 2007, 15:55
Anyone had any luck with the HR tel number that Skychick2 advertise?

Bianchi :ok:

ironbutt57
13th Jun 2007, 20:49
Do the online thingy and bombard them with e-mails with the reference number...the two chaps who decide who to call fly the line as well, and are swamped with interviews at the present
update your online every chance you get...

CT7
14th Jun 2007, 11:52
Assy, expect at least two weeks before you get the yes or not yes email. You might be able to nudge them but they won't say a thing, hint at having to put in notice on accom, work, etc...... PM me if you get in.

EL Captain, nah we dont need any more DECs, there's plenty of experience here to go about. Management dont see it that way, but there is. True! Lots of jobs as F/Os though, all care no responsibility, you'll love it.

Airbus410
16th Jun 2007, 18:57
I would just like to get some info regarding etihad if you guys would be kind enough to help me out. I hold a Frozen ATPL JAR from Qatar Aeronautical College and would like to know if there would be a possibility to be accepted as a second officer with Etihad(200hrs).
I have been accepted with QR but would prefer Etihad due to personal reasons
Your help would be highly appreciated.
A410

Severely Jetlagged
17th Jun 2007, 02:38
Sorry Airbus 410 but unless you went through the Etihad Cadet Scheme they will not accept a frozen ATPL and do not directly recruit second officers.

Airbus410
17th Jun 2007, 20:01
Stratocumulus

Please check your PM :O

frieghtdog
29th Jun 2007, 04:46
little off the subject, but any body knows when can u reapply if you get turned down by ey .

outofsynch
29th Jun 2007, 09:07
Is there a known reason why EY dont operate to SIN/HKG? It seems like a major market, they still leave untapped....

noflare
29th Jun 2007, 10:39
Freightdog...cant say Ive seen anything wriiten about reapplying...I suppose it depends why/how badly you failed the process.
Why not email and ask them?

SIN is already confirmed as a new destination.
HKG doesnt seem to be in the frame....rumours that yields etc are not great, lots of competition.:eek:

alghazal
7th Jul 2007, 09:10
End of carreer benefit ??

1 month of your last basic salary per year of service. If you get lucky enough to be paid what they owe you.....

yellowsub
8th Jul 2007, 07:34
Can anyone who has recently been through the selection at EY PM me a bit of info on what was asked/encountered in the tests?

Thanks, Sub

EL CAPITAN
9th Jul 2007, 01:44
Anybody knows how long from the time you send your application in until you actually get a call for the interview??Are they getting enough DECs??thanks......The Capt.:ok:

yellowsub
9th Jul 2007, 11:19
Ok, everyone seems very tight lipped on this one...

brassplate
9th Jul 2007, 15:56
anyone from gf still glad they left?

assymetric
11th Jul 2007, 22:05
Hi guys,

Was just reading another thread about the Emirates Pilots Club and was wondering if Etihad had something similar. If so how does it work.

Assy

SV4L
12th Jul 2007, 04:51
we have just nothing about this kind of this social club discount because in EY we are So different :},
you will have to pay a huge fee for playing :eek: golf however EY is the main sponsor for the Abu dhabi golf event on the european tour.
and for the moment we fly to much for any hobbies
safe flights
SV4L

Mach084
13th Jul 2007, 12:25
The Emirates Pilots Club was developed by pilots for pilots. It has now grown to such a great level that everyone is reaping the rewards. Has anyone ever bothered to try and create the same in Abu Dhabi?

alghazal
13th Jul 2007, 14:17
A couple of Senior F/O's just being denied upgrade as captains.

Just starting.....

If you have a chance, go to EK asap..........

Just say no to Etihad...........

Pilotslave
28th Jul 2007, 17:39
Can anyone who has recently been through interview process please pm me. cheers..

noflare
30th Jul 2007, 10:45
Hmmmmmm alghazal

Does denied mean the same as failed the selection? , lets try and keep this somewhere near the truth!

tundra runner
30th Jul 2007, 19:03
But he is the one with the least experience.....

cantilever
1st Aug 2007, 15:13
The guys were not ready for command (despite what they thought!)....take the failure on the chin and try working harder next time..

The background of the guys running Ops has naff all to do with this topic...they were failed by experienced trainers....why does every EY thread go round in circles and end up slaggin off the same people!:ugh:

Lets hope standards are kept and other cock sure/sub standard candidates fall the same way.

gccpro
1st Aug 2007, 18:58
All the same as far as I am concerned.

Locals with no culture and expats with long teeth!

The rests....well there aren't any

alghazal
3rd Aug 2007, 10:56
Well, you're entitled to your opinions as well as others are.

But you've got a valid point, experience is no mandatory passport for good management. It's just like flight instruction. You have it or not. A skilled experienced pilot can be an awful instructor as well as a low performance management gig.
On another hand, why not hire somebody who has the experince in the field, who is used to deal with expats needs, as well as flag carrier needs.

Oh, sorry, you have to give him money... so we can't afford it, better make our own mistakes first, play it cheap, and pretend we are a major.

Jumbo Wambo
7th Aug 2007, 08:14
Etihad record passenger growth continues06-08-2007Abu Dhabi: Etihad Airways carried more than 1.9 million passengers in the first six months of 2007, compared to 900,000 for the same period in 2006, an increase of 111 per cent.

The airline experienced average seat factors of 65 per cent for the January to June period. The year-on-year seat factor increase of 20 per cent is a result of Etihad’s continued expansion of its global flight network and the addition of five new aircraft to its fleet.

Etihad’s revenue per available seat kilometre, where airlines measure their commercial efficiency, soared by 31 per cent.

James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ chief executive, said: “The growth achieved in the first half of 2007 demonstrates the impact Etihad is having within the highly competitive airline industry and to carry a million more passengers this year, compared with the same period in 2006, is a phenomenal achievement.

“It is also important to acknowledge the support and close cooperation Etihad enjoys with Abu Dhabi Airport Services, Gulf Aircraft Maintenance Company (GAMCO) and the Department of Transport which has helped Etihad to achieve this impressive growth.”

Many of Etihad’s routes have achieved record passenger numbers in economy class. This includes aircraft which were 87 per cent full on the Toronto service, 92 per cent full on the Manila service and 74 per cent full on the Damascus service.

Etihad’s business class has also seen impressive figures in the first six months of 2007 with seat factor on its London Heathrow flight achieving an average of 76 per cent and Bangkok achieving 72 per cent.

Following its launch in March, Etihad’s Sydney service has performed exceptionally well achieving a 68 per cent seat factor in economy, 85 per cent in business and 78 per cent in first class. More than 40,000 passengers have flown on the Abu Dhabi-Sydney sector.

Etihad’s flights to Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi in Kerala have posted figures of more than 75 per cent seat factor since they started at the end of May.

New destinations from Abu Dhabi to Milan, Brisbane, Singapore and Kathmandu will join Etihad’s expanding flight network in the next few months.

yellowsub
7th Aug 2007, 10:57
Aw come on recent interviewee's, I know it's a desert out there but throw me a bone, give me some feed back. PM's please! :8

alghazal
7th Aug 2007, 21:28
What has local propaganda has to do with this thread...? We all have gulf news..... of course not on board.......

Usual stuff, of course not mentioning that these flights leave with exhausted flight and cabin crews, at the edge of safety..... but who cares.....?

icekremelover
9th Aug 2007, 12:49
iam presently a GF crew and recently passed the EY application. Do you think its worth it to move to EY? I have heard a lot of bad feedbacks that EY is disorganized (housing, hr etc) but GF is also disorganized with different matters. I want to go where the grass is greener...and that's EY. I would like to ask whats the average you get for the first 6months I would like to know if its more than 700bd...pls reply thank you :)

helene
10th Aug 2007, 11:00
HI guys !

Have now applied for Etihad Airways for a ground management position..Do they take long to get back to you once application has expired ?
Also do they conduct interviews and tests in Abu Dhabi ?
Any useful information ?
cheers !

Stratosphere6000
10th Aug 2007, 11:45
Hi icekremelover,

The decision will be entirely up to you. Im just gonna give you some food for thought. EY has not even attained it's 4th anniversary yet. GF just turned 57. EK and QR has complainers and so do all the carriers in the world. Making a judgement on EY now is naive and short sighted. Depends how long you have in you. If you're an experienced guy and what instant stability look at EK. If you're young and can afford a bit of sacrifice then EY would be the place. Again entirely up to you mate.....

icekremelover
10th Aug 2007, 15:39
im 22 and ive been flying for 2 years already. i am also dying to get in to EK but since EY was the first one to made an offer im considering EY. im after the destinatios since Ey has a lot of nice destination than GF. and ofcourse the grass is greener. but can i ask people here from etihad how is it 'greener'? do you get 7000dhs a month?less or more? i dont have problems with ****ty flights coz all passengers in different airlines are the same.

PAR31
10th Aug 2007, 21:13
Hi icekremelover,
did you really go for an interview with EY?
How come you don't know the salary and what is this about the 6 month?
How can you say that EY is greener if don't have any info?
I'm sorry but I can not understain what you are asking for?:eek:
If you really had an offer from EY you should have every thing on the Job Offer.
22 and you are in GF?
I would really like to know who you are?
Par31

ironbutt57
11th Aug 2007, 05:35
You should have attended the BAH road show:bored:

icekremelover
13th Aug 2007, 04:34
i passed the interview they told me that the basic was 302. im asking the ey crew here if they really get 7000dhs every month. the grass is greener coz i only get 500-650bd a month, and at the end of the month i am so tired , getting just 600bd. thats why im considering Ey because they have like 100hours unlike me i have 140-160 hoursss..i just want to know what they really get.thats alll... btw i even went to abudhabi.:E yes im 22 and im with GF. im seeking for answers and not to be interogated by people who dont believe what im saying.

this an EY thread,,why are you telling me that i hafta attend the roadshow in BAH? this is personal choice. and im not saying anything **** about GF here. im just weighing down things if i should accept the offer. im just asking some people here about EY and stuff. just doin my homework.

Mr. Frodo
13th Aug 2007, 04:48
ahhh, you seem to be lost in the woods, young lad. go to the cabin crew forum and find the answer to your questions.

sec 3
13th Aug 2007, 04:54
Don't worry frodo,gc professional cabin crew boy will be happy to answer him, he's EY's happy trolley trollop:E

Round D. Globe
16th Aug 2007, 00:44
Yes, Good question. And can anyone give an insight on how long from online Application to actual contact from EY?

noflare
16th Aug 2007, 08:59
Whats the big problem with getting your log book stamped? Just about everyone has managed to get it done.
They might accept a certified print out of hours if you dont want your log book stamped, however best check first as it goes to the DGCA.
Im fairly certain it needs to be from your current/last employer.

Time from application to contact seems to vary, it depends on how well qualified you are re the current vacancies. If you are type rated you should hear quickly if not then it may take a while!.

xav44
17th Aug 2007, 22:22
HI guys,
like a lot of candidates here, I've got (at last:ugh:) an interview on 10th october.
I was surprised to find almost nothing at all about tips in relation of the assessment :uhoh:
I have ACE THE TECHNICAL PILOT INTERVIEW, is it enough to prepare the quizz???
thanks and don't forget my PM :ok:

pilot4eve
18th Aug 2007, 06:15
I am an Expat pilot and i am considering to join Ethiad. But i have no info concerning the selection process, the real minimum hiring requirements(apart from those that indicated on their-Etihad web site). I would really appreciate if anyone who had an interview experience lately can provide me with some details of it.

Thanks in advance:D

brassplate
18th Aug 2007, 12:00
chances of getting in if ex gulfair....70% (current rate)
chances ex elsewhere.......0% (presently)

pilot4eve
18th Aug 2007, 18:11
I am an Expat pilot and i am considering to join Ethiad.

But i have no info concerning the selection process, the real minimum hiring requirements(apart from those that indicated on their-Etihad web site).

How many stages has the assestment? - How many days?:D

I would really appreciate if anyone who had an interview experience lately can provide me with some details of it.

Can anyone who has recently been through interview process please pm me.

Thanks in advance:D

340flyer
19th Aug 2007, 20:51
Its really strange that peolple say that if you are gulf air you can get in and if not you dont. At the moment from what i know is the passing rate is 55% all around regardless of who you are or where you work. So for those who fail and then say its because your not GF get real, or find a better excuse please this one is getting old. As for the interview well its 3 days. First day you sit for 4 exams. Day 2 it the face to face interview and the SIM check. Day 3 is the medical. Its straight forward but you need to prepare a bit. As for time from application till your called, usually if rated within a month and non rated could be longer. They need to start looking into a new package like all other airlines in this area to keep pilots coming or they too will start losing pilots. For now its a nice place to work but it does have its problems but generally good, they also introduced a new overtime and an income protection plan in addition to whats on the website....good luck all and hope this info is valuable to some.....

pilot4eve
20th Aug 2007, 08:07
Thanks a lot Happy Pilot:ok:

xav44
20th Aug 2007, 21:26
thanks you for these TRUE informations !

340flyer
21st Aug 2007, 09:59
Even though you dont consider it overtime, most pilots who were not on leave in july and august are in overtime. Please be my guest and ask as everyone is 80 hours plus. So do the math....its not perfect but better than not having anything..

stratocumulus
24th Aug 2007, 12:03
I think the dude is too busy being happy...u wont get an answer:eek:

Laker
25th Aug 2007, 05:25
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any info on upgrade times for someone hired at EY in the next 3-6 months? I currently work for a major airline in the US and I'm thinking about making a jump to the ME. I have 5,500 total time and 2,000 A320. Am I competitive? Thanks for any info!

sec 3
25th Aug 2007, 05:48
At least 3yrs for upgrade. Yes, you will be competitive. Send in your CV bud:)

pilot4eve
30th Aug 2007, 12:47
Hello , to all . :ugh:

I am a first officer with 2600 hours TT and I would like to know if anybody can help me with the insights for the First Officer Interview. I am on the A-320 Family as F/O with 2000 hrs on Airbus.

Can anybody send me Info about the interview assestment with Etihad?
Or info concerning which airport they use for the sim assestment? - is it Abu Dahbi or Dubai?

Anyone have any recommendations on books or documents available that might help prepare for questions or tech quiz at the Etihad Interview.

I would like to know from real Etihad pilots, whats the REAL salary like?
I would like to know how much are you guys taking home every month, before and after paying your house. Besides that, how many years for the upgrade? Please guys, give me a honest answer!

Thanks alot for the Help.

please write to [email protected]

If not can you direct me to someone who can .
Thanks a lot:)

JetWSH
31st Aug 2007, 06:57
Self explanatory why you havent received a single reply yet: 2600 TT with 2000 on jet. Have we been spoonfed too much? I think so...

pilot4eve
31st Aug 2007, 08:31
Hi to all!

Any info?

Any pilot of Etihad around here?

Best Regards:O

globeflyer
31st Aug 2007, 08:47
You have posted the same response twice. Do your research and use the search function, or do you need someone to hold your hands?

pilot4eve
31st Aug 2007, 10:46
Sorry about that! I am correcting

One the other hand I have made my search but until now I haven't seen any post with info concerning the Etihad selection proses.

I haven't seen any info concerning the sim check.....

If there is in this forum pls give me the link!!!!

globeflyer
31st Aug 2007, 13:14
No problem:

www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249792 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249792)

737-700pilot
2nd Sep 2007, 03:09
Any recruiter for Etihad on this site. I have about 9200 hours. About 5600 on Jet aircraft, all airline experience and a current Captain on B737-600/700/800.
Your website only advertises F/O for 777 and no Captain positions. Will you be hiring DEC for your B777 fleet and what would those requirements be? What is your interview process like?
And to any pilots that work there, what are your opinions about the company the pay and the flying?
Thanks

Severely Jetlagged
2nd Sep 2007, 07:00
No plans to recruit B777 DEC as upgrades will take precedence. There is barely an attrition rate for B777 Captains, at present it averages 1 a year, yes 1.

B777 DEC requirements would be for type rated only. If there were none then those with heavy Boeing experience would be considered.

outofsynch
2nd Sep 2007, 09:07
What about DEC on the bus currently? Near future?

pilot4eve
3rd Sep 2007, 08:50
So far no any info concerning the Etihad Assessment process, No any info how can I have to prepare myself for this assessment......

If i will study only the ACE pilots interview book i will be well prepared for it.....What else.......

Any suggestions

bus787
6th Sep 2007, 03:38
Any body has an idea what TRE s get as allowance in EY?

transfer jack
6th Sep 2007, 05:12
:8

Hi, also try the Pilotsreference guide! Its an amazing collection of ATP knowledge in one single book. www.pilotsreference.com (http://www.pilotsreference.com)

Best wishes!

jetjockey737
6th Sep 2007, 14:31
Hi

Got an DEP interview shortly with etihad. Despite my searching the forums I dont seem to be able to find any recent info.

Anything would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JJ

pilot4eve
7th Sep 2007, 18:12
Thanks a lot Transfer Jack

jet-lag
25th Sep 2007, 11:48
Hello....
Til today no scheme for pension at all.:=

noflare
26th Sep 2007, 10:11
EY benefits are exactly as listed on the recruitment website.......no more ......no less

At the moment pension deals are upto the individual, no one knows if that will change, rumours abound but they are only rumours!

fractional
26th Sep 2007, 10:47
I do not think this will ever change for expats unless these countries change the way they deal with us all. I am not implying anything here. That's the truth.
We all need to have our pension plan that depends on the job you get and how much you can save. Coming here without adding the social security (even if that's peanuts) discounts back home it's a capital mistake. You would probably have your own personal pension plan and you should always keep it, just in case....
Certainly, this rule does not apply, as I said before, to joblessness, upgrades and career enhancements where the salary difference justifies the move.

Macaroon
26th Sep 2007, 16:38
Having browsed this thread and the Etihad website I can't find what I'm looking for so .... can anyone, pilots or ground staff, tell me how the EY package in general compares to EK where I currently work and get ...

Basic salary
Housing allowance
Transport allowance
Exhange rate protection (pegged to home currency)
Provident fund
Annual bonus
School fees for up to 3 kids (works out about 90% of the fee is paid by EK)
Medical & dental cover for self and family (at EK clinic)
Decent leave allowance (approx 35 working days)

Does EY provide similar benefits even if it is cash allowance rather than paying things like school fees directly?

Cheers,
Macaroon.

philleas fogg
27th Sep 2007, 19:55
Anyone know the max age for direct entry captains at EY?

Static Noise
28th Sep 2007, 23:53
This is my first posting here after 3 years with Etihad. Just to let my anger out and known to those who out there who cares to know.

I’ve lost my respect to this company altogether. We thought the previous management was bad but in reality they were better than what we have now, bunch of trash from a previous down spiraling company(GF), and also donkeys that got promoted out of nowhere.

They all believes that ETIHAD must be run with lots of VPs, HR dept, HOUSING dept and other craps, but without PILOTS and CABIN CREWS.

They will try their best to make us NOT HAPPY for some reasons.

They make many stupid rules and treat us like a small kids.

My patients has ran out and I couldn’t take it anymore.

No wonder many has left for a better job somewhere else.

Not to mentioned US$ at its lowest and not known when it will recover.

Overall, stupid management, crap package and lots of stupid people around.

fractional
29th Sep 2007, 17:33
My patients has ran out and I couldn’t take it anymoreI believe you meant that your patience ran out and you have quit. Have you?
SNAM, I don't think EY has the Exchange Rate Protection.

saddlebrooks
29th Sep 2007, 17:49
Housing allowance (what's the accomodations like?)

Accomodation is a disappointment but it is for free so one should not really complain. It varies from smallish villas to flats depending on what is available when you require it. The allowance pay out is not enough to get you anything if you have a family, you will definately have to pay out of your pocket. If you are single it will work.

Transport allowance (is there any?)

About 500 aed a month if I am not mistaken

Exhange rate protection (is it that under the increment of 500 AED/700AED month/year - or is this the Bonus?)

No such thing at Etihad

Provident fund (none until now, except for the so called "End of Career Benefit", any news on that one?)

End of Service benefits is only given as that is a National UAE Labor law. The have tried to pass off the "Rent to Buy" where Etihad acts as your mortgage broker to be your provident fund.

Share Options (are they in the stock market?)

Not sure, never have been offered this.

Is there any health care package at all or any reimbursement?

You are provided with a very weak Health insurance package for you and your family.

Insh Allah
30th Sep 2007, 16:39
saddlebrooks... Why are you giving out info to people if you are not certain what Etihad actually supplies their crew with, in regards salray package!!!!!!

saddlebrooks
30th Sep 2007, 17:15
Insh Allah;

Do you have a different package then the one I have from Etihad? If you do kindly add to what I have provided or :mad:

Insh Allah
30th Sep 2007, 18:04
Here Goes Boyzz...

Housing allowance (what's the accomodations like?)

Accomodation is a disappointment but it is for free so one should not really complain. It varies from smallish villas to flats depending on what is available when you require it. The allowance pay out is not enough to get you anything if you have a family, you will definately have to pay out of your pocket. If you are single it will work.

Plenty of for now.. 'Khalifa B' if you want a Villa, Company Provided, Delma Street, 3 or 4 bedroom apts, quite nice, company provided, Khalifa Street, company provided, Hamdan Street is coming up very soon, 3 and 4 bedrooms, full facilites and duplex, company provided.. Now, you can easily make out you are a Prince from wherever you're from and look for a villa at 5 bedroom with Maids room, drivers room pool, tennis etc for 300K per year, choice is your's.. WHATS PROVIDED NOW is Extremely Acceptable and ADEQUATE!

Transport allowance (is there any?)

About 500 aed a month if I am not mistaken

Maybe you have a different contract to me??? About 500 per month!! NO WAY DUDE! Nothing is most correct! ZERO DIHRAM! In the Old days the transport allowance was incorporated in the Daily Allowance, now there's zilch!

Exhange rate protection (is it that under the increment of 500 AED/700AED month/year - or is this the Bonus?)

No such thing at Etihad

Provident fund (none until now, except for the so called "End of Career Benefit", any news on that one?)

Provident is coming and will be a unique package, hang on you'll see.. if not, I'll resign :}

End of Service benefits is only given as that is a National UAE Labor law. The have tried to pass off the "Rent to Buy" where Etihad acts as your mortgage broker to be your provident fund.

Share Options (are they in the stock market?)

Not sure, never have been offered this.

Is there any health care package at all or any reimbursement?

You are provided with a very weak Health insurance package for you and your family.

Health Plan is fine and adequate, perhaps limited in the Dental domain, however, I know of a case where a company employee had been covered for an illness where the bill was in excess of 70000 EURO! No probs there..

That's all folks.. at least i'm honest :p

saddlebrooks
30th Sep 2007, 19:22
Yep looks as though we do have the same package Insh Allah.

I do apologize for my error on the transport allowance.

:ok:

Static Noise
30th Sep 2007, 22:24
Snam, here people came with great hope and willing to wait, because partly Etihad own by Abu Dhabi, but so far nothing compare to the next door real player.

You can come over, see and wait. May be its suitable for you. But my advise is you should try somewhere else, where they have everythings in place for you and your family.

Wing Master
1st Oct 2007, 13:14
Hi All

I'm considering applying and just wondered if one of the current EY Airbus pilots could answer a couple of questions for me.

a) I've noticed that there are seperate postings for A330/40 and A320 FO vacancies. Can I assume that these fleets are operated independently with respect to pilots? Or, do you generally get a mix of A320/330/340 flying?

b) I have a wife and a 1 year old so I want to limit my time away. How many nights do you guys spend away every month? Is the 330 used on short haul routes? Can you bid for just short haul flying on the 330?

Ideally I would prefer to be able to fly a mix of 320/330/340. However, if thats not possible and there is a good mix of long and short haul on the 330/340 then I would prefer that to pure 320 short haul flying.

I would be most grateful if I could get some straight, honest answers to my questions.Im not interested in anyones opinion of whether EY is a good or bad company.

Thanks

noflare
1st Oct 2007, 13:28
Last I heard was that all bus pilots would fly 330 with CCQ to either 340 or 320...Im not sure about flying all 3 types.
The 330/320 option would certainly give you shorter flights but as for more time at home that will depend how the 320 flying is set up.

As for the bidding short 330 flights, I would be suprised if that option is available as guys seem to be working pretty hard....

good Luck:ok:

Retarded320
8th Oct 2007, 07:19
Hi guys,:)

I'm new to this. I'm thinking of applying and wandering if i could get some tips from here. Presently holding a frozen ATPL and rated on the A320 as well, with sufficient hours on type to meet the entry requirement.
Would appreciate if i could gather some info on the recruitment process and also a liltle info on the company.

Thx

Ian Turner
8th Oct 2007, 11:13
Hi
What's the story with recruitment at Ethiad.
I applied over a year ago and never heard a word from them. 17000 hrs and thousands in command of the A320.
There can't be that many applicants out there would like to hear from anyone who is actually there.

Main question is is it a good place to work and how are the Pilots treated????

Presently flying here in the US for the past 25 years as Capt.
Ian

planecrazi
8th Oct 2007, 12:23
Check your PM Ian, (private messages)

7Q Off
12th Oct 2007, 04:49
what about time to command? Are they upgrading FO right now?

cantilever
12th Oct 2007, 07:06
Many of the initial training positions were filled by a lot of guys who really should not be training.....a case of your in the company, you are now a training Capt!
Levels of competancy and English language took a back seat!
There are lots of guys across the fleets who are qualified but are not invited to train..

Knowsup is correct in what he says...start planning ahead or you will fall flat on your face...this is a flying club compared to EK!

Plas Teek
14th Oct 2007, 07:39
Just outta curiousity, what was EK like after 4 years?

Did you have all the letters crossed and dotted?
Did you have the infrastructure and intrastructure?

I'm the first to agree about the efficiencies in EK and I long for the day it rolls 100km down the coast to this outfit but lets compare apples with apples or maybe camels with camels or even bad drivers with bad drivers!

Yes, heaps untold work to do here with recruiting and HR etc.

knowsup
14th Oct 2007, 09:03
show us the plan!!! apples to apples? skilled drivers are being snatched up by other competing airlines. We are not at a fruit vendor where the supplies keep coming in. Don't care if you are the corner coldstore or a Spinneys. When the stock arrives you have have the systems in place to stock your shelves.
Sort of like GF pefroming one of their great AUH road trips to get back the disgruntled former GF cabin crew from EY. Big hype...going to get them back no one likes EY. They sent a team of their best to do the interviews and 4 people showed up. they picked two. That is lost leadership and digging for oil by speculation. Do not see anyone trying to join them who wants to work for an airline. But EY you do/did have the interest of skilled guys. The Etops fiasco-The haircuts-HR - and a aussie rugby team does not equal success.
As for pilots-they are pounding at your door and the flying club who does not see the urgency habbibi's their buddies in the hope of one day having a coop. I am not a disgruntled pilot who did not get into EY. I have +5000 hours and had the choice of EY or EK. After seeing which circus to join-I joined the one with the better structure and the less leaky tent. They actually know your coming when you arrive. You are put in a hotel for a week and somone in HR actually gives a sh**t about you to make sure you are alright.

My choice but after my own careful deliberations I can will stand by my decision. Make your own. But how long can anyone hang on to "in 4 years what was EK like?" You do not get second chances with the competitors in this region and now India.:=

CT7
14th Oct 2007, 18:56
Good luck with Rishworth. :mad: Go with anybody but them. :*

At least EY looked after me and the family when we arrived. Mind you, my hair is short so that might help....

Personally the more captains that go the better!! Nothing personal you understand.

alghazal
16th Oct 2007, 06:04
Nothing personnel

One day you will be one and will have to go as well

Perspective...................

The Sandman
17th Oct 2007, 13:05
Hi. Submitted app in Aug. 5500 hrs non-typed but widebody command A300-B4 and JAR TRE/TRI. Heard nothing yet. What chances FO or DEC? Does the email reminder to HR/quote ref# method help?

alghazal
17th Oct 2007, 15:03
Good luck then, but you could also look for Maximus and Midex in Abu Dhabi, with A300s cargo....

Talking about Rishworth, well can they be worse than our HR and/or OPS people here in EY, honestly, to find worse, maybe in PyongYang.....or New Guinea, oops.....

Easy Ryder
22nd Oct 2007, 18:21
What happened to that EY/EK interview guide/website that was available for down load?

The website doesnt seem to exist anymore.

Easy Ryder
23rd Oct 2007, 15:03
Oh and just to say at the Employment conference run by BALPA at LHR on Oct 20, the EY Capt said all new hires will not be bonded to the company.

First i've heard on that but a very attractive proposition if true...

alghazal
23rd Oct 2007, 19:41
Guess what, they just want the pilots on a short term basis, like in the old days with our ex GF guys, 18 months average contract duration....

Why a bond then....?

vctucano
25th Oct 2007, 10:25
Hi guys does anybody know about: no more type transition and upgrading at the same time?6 months on the A330 right seat for those upgraders coming from the boeing fleet?cheers

cantilever
25th Oct 2007, 14:58
Your info is true and correct:ok:

iBus
28th Oct 2007, 19:49
What happened to that EY/EK interview guide/website that was available for down load?

The website doesnt seem to exist anymore. I folks! I'm invited for an interview in November. Does anyone have some useful info regarding this 3 day event? Day one seems like a psycho test day, day two is sim and day three a medical. What kind of tests can I expect? Particular questions for the tech interview? Sim scenario? Any tips/highlights are appreciated! Many thanks in advance and please feel free to PM/Email if you get the urge! :ok:

iBus

funky monkey
31st Oct 2007, 09:26
Hi all,
just wondering if i could pick someones brains regarding the EY interview and sim check.
have very little info except for the fact that its a 4 day process with the usual stuff. but does anyone have any specifics they could pm me with or post.:ok:
Thanks for anyinfo in advance guys.:D
Cheers
FM:cool:

funky monkey
31st Oct 2007, 11:49
guess not!!!!!!!
come on guys. would be great for a helping hand from a fellow aviator(s)!!
(keeping fingers crossed!!!)
FM:cool:

willieaviator
1st Nov 2007, 13:33
Hi there,
I've heard that there is a very high failing rate during the interview. Is it true?

iBus
1st Nov 2007, 14:54
Sidestick Driver,

You mind copying me in your message to Funky Monkey?

Cheers!

iBus

philleas fogg
1st Nov 2007, 17:53
what is the max age for direct entry captains in EK and EY?

philleas fogg
1st Nov 2007, 17:56
what is the max age for direct entry captains in EK and EY?:O

B. Bonga
2nd Nov 2007, 11:32
...it's actually AED 500/yr increament for F/O and AED 700/yr increament for Capt.:ok:

Chrome
2nd Nov 2007, 19:31
It just means you get (annually) an increment of AED500/month. Your multiplying skills are enviable but surely you don't believe they'd give that kind of increment do you? Keep it simple.

Reading a lot of interesting posts and information here. I hope someone would be kind enough to answer the unanswered questions too.

alghazal
3rd Nov 2007, 01:50
don't bother !!!

Let these guys come, our life will get less miserable, roster wise !!!

Norton29
4th Nov 2007, 21:47
Anyone know if EY only interviews guys with glass time?

grdproxinop
4th Nov 2007, 22:45
Not 100% sure about the glass time. I have an interview on the 2nd of Dec are there any others out there with interviews during the same period? PS I have glass time both aircraft and bar.....

Norton29
4th Nov 2007, 22:54
Congrats on the interview, when did apply? how long for a response?

grdproxinop
5th Nov 2007, 04:07
Thanks, applied about a month ago and got a call about 2 weeks ago......... anyone else?

dsp
5th Nov 2007, 05:31
Going for an interview on the 20th of November, would appreciate any info on the technical test. Flying an A320 at the moment.

Relief
5th Nov 2007, 10:25
Dear dsp

Don’t know much about the selection. However think twice before you accept the A320 offer.

This is what you can expect:

NO MFF (A320/330) for new joiners before completion of 1 year on the 320. – However it could take much longer because the fleet will be expanding and it will always be short of crew. So eventually if it happens you can expect to fly the 330 once or twice per month which is around 250 hours a year.

NO transfers to the A340.

No upgrades on the 320. Instead you will be upgraded on the 330.

Now this is interesting:
To be evaluated for Command (A330) among others you need
Minimum of 1500 hours on type (A330)
Or
18 months of service in the company with at least 700 hours on type(A330)

If my calculations are correct you can expect to be on the 320 for a minimum of ±4 years as FO. In the meantime less senior Type rated or NON type rated (Gulf air 767?) that join the 330/340 will be upgrade well before.

Nevertheless when you become a Captain you will be MFF A320/330 again. Oops
I know what you think now: the 330 upgrade instead of 320 upgrade policy is just a trick to delay the upgrade of certain FOs and to hire more DECs instead.

Well unfortunately we have seen similar tricks before with pay rise, overtime, housing and rent to own.

ddsilva
5th Nov 2007, 10:57
Keen to know if etihad would consider a DEC non rated with about 9ooo total time and about 3000 PIC on the 737 ng / classic.Have applied about a month back but have not heard a word yet.
Could some one kindly comment. thanks

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
5th Nov 2007, 12:22
So what could you expect as an FO with 6000 hrs TT, of which 3500+ on A330 and the rest (besides 350hrs training) on A320?

Direct upgrade?? I dont think so!

How is the housing situation these days? Is it still bad? does the housing allowance get you a descent place to live or will you be banned to the outskirts of the city?

even there, can you get a descent house?

What about the famous rent-to-buy sheme? Any changes there?

alghazal
5th Nov 2007, 12:25
In your case, better know somebody in the place.....
Recruitment is an organized chaos..... as other many departments though..... rostering, ops, HR, housing, but if you happen to know someone to sell your soul to, your life will be nice, as nice as the others one will be bad.... but expats are selfish, aren't they......that's what management is counting on, and it works.....

No need to recruit more .... just roster the one we have to the limits and even more if we can....legality is just a word, if the pilot accepts and there is a problem, guess who will be fired ??? the crew controller and the pilot, not the damn useless c######l manager.... fill the blanks....

Norton29
5th Nov 2007, 14:08
Anyone know if they interview guys w/out glass time?

alghazal
5th Nov 2007, 15:44
No Worries, They Interview Anybody With A Licence. Up To Date Or Not

You Are Flying A Second World War Glider, Come On In

EY346Driver
5th Nov 2007, 15:49
Alghazal relax mate you're giving yourself an ulser. Personally I think the guys in recruiting are doing a good job, we've hired 160 pilots in the last 7 months and by the look of things a lot more to come. Standard still remains high so whatever they're doing is working.

The housing issue has very much improved with very high standard big villas in Khalifa B but it does seem that on the apartement side there is a shortage in town. Delma is the nicest and I understand that new buildings are coming up on a monthly basis. The encouraging thing is that the company has listened to the problems and are acting to improve this situation. Lets not forget that we are 4 years old airline with a fleet of 34 aircraft and 2 more A346's arriving by year end.

fastfly69
5th Nov 2007, 16:30
I don't know if they're doing a good job...may be you're right but personally I've sent my application 6 months ago....no call ( 6000 hrs F/O Boeing wyde body current rating ).
Anyway....we'll see...

Cheers.:rolleyes:

Togalk
5th Nov 2007, 17:43
It looks like "Happy Pilot" changed his name to "EY346Driver". Stop lying!

Relief
5th Nov 2007, 19:11
Dear EY346Driver

“ we've hired 160 pilots in the last 7 months and by the look of things a lot more to come. Standard still remains high so whatever they're doing is working.”-

Most of the 160 pilots come from Africa, Middle East, Asia and the Far east. None or very few come from Western Europe or North America. Have a look at the seniority list.

“The housing issue has very much improved with very high standard big villas in Khalifa B”

Well it seems that everything is high standard to you. The whole thing is a joke.

“Delma is the nicest and I understand that new buildings are coming up on a monthly basis.”

Housing department says there is nothing on the cards. If you know something please share your information. Many People here want to know.

“Lets not forget that we are 4 years old airline with a fleet of 34 aircraft and 2 more A346's arriving by year end.”

I am afraid there are no excuses. As a premium passenger when you choose to fly EY on Diamond (first) class lets say from SYD to LHR you can expect what is promised, advertise or at least what you have paid for. You can expect “higher standard” than BA, QA, EK, SQ, MH, GF, VA.
You don’t go and tell customers it’s a 4 year old airline and don’t expect much. It is business as always.

Static Noise
5th Nov 2007, 20:01
Most of the 160 pilots come from Africa, Middle East, Asia and the Far east. None or very few come from Western Europe or North America. Have a look at the seniority list.

What an arrogant statement, I've seen you don###S fly. What so high about your standard!

Relief
5th Nov 2007, 21:27
Dear Static Noise Don't be silly. Nothing to do with flying. I am talking about money, housing, inflation, company policies e.t.c. The current package doesn't seem to be very attractive to western Europeans or North Americans any more but it looks like a good improvement for people coming from other parts of the world. However since you mention it we did have quite a few problems with some guys (incidents) but this is a different story. This is to clear any misunderstandings. You can relax now.

Home In The Sky
6th Nov 2007, 08:48
EY346 driver, are you sure your are not a Happy Pilot reincarnated. Same dribble as tried to preach but without the uniform :D at the end.

WERNERTHEGREAT
6th Nov 2007, 13:33
EY346Driver (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=201630)
Probationary PPRuNer

The housing issue has very much improved with very high standard big villas in Khalifa B but it does seem that on the apartement side there is a shortage in town.

As Quoted from EY346driver, What kind of dribble are you speaking of ? The only villas available are one level and very cramped. If you want a large villa, head to Emirates. It is very obvious that the accounting department order these useless **** boxes. People will be very dissapointed by calling these as very big and high standards. As always some effort from various deparment but never enough.

The obvious difference between Etihad and Emirates is that at Emirates evereything is ready for you to move in. NO water bills, Electricity bills, Phone, or Internet bills at Emirates At Etihad they hand you a piece a paper for the water company and the telephone company so that you can go and connect it yourself, And then best part will be the extra expense of around $ 2000 aed a months.

Well the choice is up to you:ok:

blizar
7th Nov 2007, 08:17
100% true ! :D

etihadceo
7th Nov 2007, 10:46
Alghazal,:D well said, it has to stop and if people believe nothing else then believe your statement. On top of all that there is a fear within the company (why people are reporting others) and does anyone answer emails now..... no because they don’t want to put anything in writing. My answer is look after yourself and look for a way out should the S*** hit the fan. Unfortunately some are saying something will happen and I hope it does not involve loss of life!

noflare
7th Nov 2007, 15:26
This thread is just going round in circles!
Anyone out there not aware that some of the EY guys are unhappy!!!!
If things really are so bad why are lots of people not voting with thier feet:confused:

Lots of talk from certain quarters but little action!
EK has lots of openings for those that think the grass is greener!
:rolleyes:

Norton29
7th Nov 2007, 15:53
What villa accomodations are like, area etc, are you in Company or renting on own?

What about schooling, how much do you have to pay out of pocket over what EY pays.

Also utilities not covered, approx how much /mth

thanks...

mandi kucing
7th Nov 2007, 16:07
utility around 2000dhs/mth. Another thing ANNUAL PRIVILEGE TRAVEL is the same as ID90. NO CONFIRM SEAT. A lot of guys travel with families got bump off flights. Flights are always overbooked.

ANNUAL PRIVILEGE TRAVEL = ID90

:{your wife:{your son:{your daughter
are all crying

:(yourself

B. Bonga
7th Nov 2007, 20:18
SNAM, it's just a craze you will find in all the airlines in the sandpit. The foolish ones will keep moving around in circles eg from GF to EY or QR or to EK. The problems are all the same.:sad: Or they just came with a different wrapping. You will hear of problems with accomodation, rostering, overworked pilots, haircut memos, random drug testing, traffic jams, cost of living, income protection, crappy destinations, dogdy management, mad driving blah blah blah blah:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: and the outcome is the same, nobody will leave this place. I have no idea what they put in the air or in the water but it certainly keeps guys here and more will keep coming.......

CMD A
8th Nov 2007, 03:14
Can anyone confirm or deny that EY is now hiring Airbus or 777 type rated only???

fastfly69
8th Nov 2007, 10:16
CMD A... that's simply the truth.
They're only calling A3XX aand B777 rated pilots.
To all others they say that something will go moving in 2008

Norton29
8th Nov 2007, 15:41
Why do they not post that in their career section?

nsfw
8th Nov 2007, 16:52
Why do they not post that in their career section?

Because that would just show too much efficiency, communication between departments, and so on.

It is part of the whole problem with every aspect of the company. There is no work ethic or accountability.

a346pilot
8th Nov 2007, 22:41
well just checking

alghazal
9th Nov 2007, 10:43
Getting better

Now, If you resign because you want to escape from the nightmare rostering and all the above described problems and lies, you are treated as aDEPORTEE

You give away your passport that will given back to you on departure inch allah, water , electricity and air conditionning are disconnected from your appartment 4 days before you leave.

Nice and fair reward for 3 years with the airline.

Whatever our recruitment guys will be answering, these are FACTS.... and nothing can beat this.

cantilever
9th Nov 2007, 12:41
Hmmmmmm that is not quite true:ugh:

A good friend of mine left recently and no way was he treated as a deportee, that is total BS....

nsfw
10th Nov 2007, 12:07
They wouldn't think anything of it, it is the way of the Middle East.

Workers are workers end of story.

fractional
11th Nov 2007, 01:08
it is the way of the Middle EastWRONG! Bahrain isn't like that. I am not so sure about Qatar although a friend mentioned to me that she got her PPT from the office and off she went to the airport without escort. It won't be like it if one gets into trouble. I haven't tried from DXB. Still labouring...:E

boeingdream787
11th Nov 2007, 15:09
How do i contact the EY recruitment team for info on an application pls.Tel numbers and/or email addresses would help.Thx.

khawar rashid
11th Nov 2007, 15:49
contact tele# 0097125058000 ask for flight deck recruitment keep ur application ref# handy,i have talked to them about 15 days back on this#,they told me presently they are hiring rated pilots only,they will be considering to hire nonrated pilots after couple of months,keep on updating ur application

_FL600_
11th Nov 2007, 19:43
Khawar,

thanks alot for the info. appreciate it.

Do I need to have their minimums to be considered for interview? In other words, do they have a similar system like EK where they interview you if you are 500 hrs below their posted min's ?

i will be grateful if any body share any other info.

Thanks,

gloriag81
11th Nov 2007, 22:15
Hi anybody has been to the AKLD 5th Nov Assessement? check it out.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3696089#post3696089

12th Nov 2007, 17:17
hey algazal...

since u say they are taking in practically everyone...

1. are the minimum hours stated in the website really a necessary requirement to meet?

2.from 320 rating to join into etihad to a330 no problem??

3.what are the rosters like over there?

alghazal
13th Nov 2007, 08:00
Provided you know how to fly an ILS raw data single engine you'll join .

Flight hours requirements, I've no idea, but If you insist really, you will find a way in.

Not sure if it's worth it, but it's up to you to make the decision, nobody can do it for you.

But you won't be able to say that nobody told you about the dark side of EY, even if there mey be a bright one, who knows....??

13th Nov 2007, 16:48
the dark side? was never aware there was one.... would you care to enlighten me:confused:

hey,somehow i feel the whole applying through the online applications at the website just doesnt fit. its better to submit it manually isn;t it?

13th Nov 2007, 16:56
disregard the enlighten me part....actually read the threads. haha

hey,can it really be THAT bad? cos i heard there was a change in the management at EY. and supposedly everything is getting better now or something.

and also....again what i've been hearing... is that working in Qatar airways is the nightmare. with the **** rosters and management that sucks and keep firing ppl left right center.

but of course... i could be wrong i guess.... am i?:confused:

alghazal
13th Nov 2007, 17:02
Just wait for QR management to move to AUH.... and you'll see....:p

Do as you see fit, nobody can do it for you

_FL600_
16th Nov 2007, 20:24
would some body please pm me details of their interview........thanks,

xav44
18th Nov 2007, 16:07
interviews are really relaxed.
-EY presentation by 2 captains
-english test (filling blanks), not too difficult, even for a french ;)
-tech quizz (study Jep vol1 and ACE, that's it)
-psycho test (190 questions)
-group exercise (tunnel to build)
-personnal interview : depends on your profile, for me just perso questions, for other tech questions (around 10min)
if ok, next step : sim
enjoy :ok:

xav44
18th Nov 2007, 17:52
330 SIM.
visual circuit, then engine fail on final, go around and radar vectors (IMC) for ILS. all raw data.

_FL600_
18th Nov 2007, 18:17
XAV,

thanks alot,, :ok:

appreciate you sharing your experience. Wish you good luck ,,

shortfuel
19th Nov 2007, 10:12
The sim could also be Takeoff, ENG FAIL after V1, Radar vectoring IMC, Downwind: Raw data flying, vectoring for single engine ILS.
A 30/40 minute session per crew.

shortfuel
19th Nov 2007, 20:31
Dunno for Boeing rated guys...but for A320 or 330, it's an A330 sim assessment.

B. Bonga
19th Nov 2007, 21:11
Whatever metallic contraption you're flying, you will be tested on Airbus 330. The bus drivers will get the e/o exercise and the "others" get raw data ILS.:ok:

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
26th Nov 2007, 13:49
Having gone through pages and pages and pages of threads, I was wondering if some of you EY pilots could give me the following detailed information (FO and Capt info appreciated)

1) Basic salary on joining ( believe that is 24000/30000)

2) Flight pay

3)Hotel allowances

4) Overtime pay

5) EOSB (believe 1month basic/year of duty)

6) Salary protection they mention on the site.

7) Pension ( Yeah right...)

At the end of the month, how much can you expect to be tranferred to your account?

How is rostering?

Are requests granted?

How is the situation regarding accomodation. How much will a 3 bedroom villa in a nice compound set you back/month? Villa close to airport?

Does the rent to buy sheme really work?

I am looking for straight facts. Personal opinions are more than welcome but I have learned one thing...personal opinions are just that...personal!

Thanks a lot....

Le Sgnr

salamalikum2
26th Nov 2007, 14:06
Regarding the salary.., just go to their web site(career,flight crew), and you will find all the relevant information there..

out-of-three
27th Nov 2007, 08:00
HI GUYS ....ANY INFO ABOUT QATAR AND HOW'S IT LIKE TO WORK FOR THEIR AIRLINE ???

CHEERZ:rolleyes:

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
27th Nov 2007, 08:39
Salaam man,

I have been there. The info provided there is very basic and not complete!

For example, the income protection does not seem to be in place...

I want to know what a pilot at EY gets at the end of the month in his account!

_FL600_
1st Dec 2007, 15:56
So, what's the latest in EY hiring deal?

CT7
2nd Dec 2007, 14:42
EY F/O on the 330 omly over the last 3 months, 30000 / 28400 / 27500 - ish

Busy then quiet due training.

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
2nd Dec 2007, 19:05
Thats a lot less than an FO flying for QR...

But if I am not mistaken, this is without housing allowance correct?

In your opinion, is this sufficient to live and save some money?

How about upgrades? If you would join EY now with 6000hrs TT with A330 TR, how long before TR?

Thanks,

Myass
3rd Dec 2007, 06:45
Hi there guys, I've been reading as much as I can about Etihad and noticed that the current problems are scheduling and housing with EY.

I've got a chance of making it in and would appreciate your inputs and your honest opinions by comparing what I'm leaving behind.

Currently 320 PIC in small Asian carrier, average 10000US/month No house allowance and no other extras, company outlook very grayish!!! No growth and horrible relationship between pilots.

On the table, 320 PIC with EY, with possible 330 later on.

Is it worth it money wise?
Good career move?
Life style compared with South East Asia, better?
Are the schools for the kids good?
Does the company really consider your time outside base after completing your regulated rest as a day off?
What's the criteria of being assigned a Vila or a flat in Abu Dhabi?
Housing is improving currently?

Keep hearing from others that joining EY it's a step up if you are coming from an Asian carrier, but it's not perfect either.

Thanks in advance for all your posts...

alghazal
3rd Dec 2007, 07:40
Hi,

On the A320 you will make roughly 10000 USD a month all inclusive with theoretically accomodaion provided, which won't. As per Management, new pilots will stay in hotels for 6 months at least due to shortage of available accomodation.
Don't believe what is not on your contract coz they hardly follow the written contracts, so vain promises, I let you imagine.

You may get a decent flat after a few months there, but only after dealing with a crappy and corrupted housing department.

Careerwise, well it may be a good one, don't expect too much, especially A330 or A340, once you are there, promises often change to lies, but you may be lucky , who knows

Lifestyle speaking, well, it depends where you come from, don't expect anything close to SIN or BKK, neither HKG. People can be as nice as they can be rude. It's a muslim country with its constraints, but quite relax though. It's safe , even if incidents occur more often these days. You are a worker and that's it.

Schools are generally good, despite expensive for the very good ones.

Rosters are the dark point, with management-pilot relations. You hardly have 7 days off a month and they usually give them in outstations, when you are not in minimum rest abroad.
You can consider you are on a standby roster the entire month, speaking of roster stability.
Expect 7 days or more in a row and 2 days OFF, then the same thing again and again. Mostly night flight with minimum rest in between 12 hours.
Overtime is ridiculous. For an average of 90 hours a month, flying 23 days a month, you will get 7000 AED extra, but rostering will do what they can to avoid it.

Crew atmosphere is generally good, when we are not exhausted.

CT7
3rd Dec 2007, 08:17
AlGhazel basically summed it up.
He's obviously having a tougher time than me, 'cause I get nowhere near overtime limits. They do look at this and will alter duties accordingly - often at VERY short notice. So there go any plans you had with the family....
Days off, I've no complaints - yet. At least 8 with not all stby - avail turning into duties. Possible due to training so Capts. could be diff.
Salary, well, given the US dollar peg, it's getting worse. Not bad but OK.
Housing fully agree.
Schools, allowance nowhere near the ballpark for a decent school and there are a few. Sure you could go to the Australian School, which is in name only but many expats are pulling their children out of that one.
Housing, got a villa, one of the lucky ones. Ask lotsa questions on this one at interviews... Only know of 12 (6x2) larger villas under construction. Some smaller single level ones ready though...
For an L Shaped One look at: 24°22'16.06"N / 54°37'55.94"E
For the 3 x 3 ones look at: 24°22'35.63"N / 54°37'54.07"E
On Google Earth. Take a good look at the roads and sourrounding ammenities, like pools, gardens, childrens playgrounds, shopping Centres etc....
Interestingly enough, the incidence of fatigue has increased lately. Just for the occassional day. What happens after this is usually sickness which will knock ya out for 4 - 6 days.
So if the ones who care are reading this, slow down the work and you'll get less sickness.
It's easier to cover an occassional day as opposed to 2 - 3 lots of 4-6 days.....
Leave - what's that ? Oh but can you take it at times other than Ramadan etc... Does that mean that the "locals" don't get leave over Easter and Christmas ?
Anyway the crews work well together when you see them - slam / click mostly. Galley Ghosts. Flight Deck - Good guys to fly with.
Oh allowances, HA HA HA - You Funny!
These are almost as non-existant as communications of any importance from Management. (Unless your hair is long...) Plus they are paid a month in arrears, so you gotta withdraw $$ from your account overseas - costs ya, or get it changed-costs ya, pay fees etc... So it costs ya.

OK Ok, in hindsight this sounds a wee bit negative. It's not a bad place.
It's a 4 yr old company, basically doing well, but with some MAJOR teething issues; that, if not addressed could turn into a major abcess....

Mustapha Rex
3rd Dec 2007, 15:30
Ooooooooooh! Lordy lordy!

Anyone for bananas?

NG_Kaptain
3rd Dec 2007, 19:31
The ability to recruit will be hindered unless the existing pilots are treated better, candidates read pprune. Two days off after ULR...gone...now two local nights rest. Cant watch a movie or eat in the first class or business cabin....gone. Previously was allowed any empty seat in FC or J cabin. Now we get last seat in economy and even those were occupied by pax on my last two flights.
Back to back late starts with minimum rest taken during daylight hours. Calling sick due to fatigue is at an all time high. The spiral will worsen as more guys resign and replacements cant keep up with attrition, much less expansion. The topics on the flight deck are; the reporting culture being encouraged by the new GF regime, travel benefits being eroded, long hours with short rest, overtime being calculated over a two month period, no bidline system, conditions changed on a week to week basis with no consultation and training is now shortened to one day instead of two because the trainers are overextended and cant handle the workload.
If these issues can be resolved it would be a great place to work, the people you work with are fantastic, it's just the GF management team has p***ed us of with their policies and methods.

bzim
3rd Dec 2007, 20:37
I too was wondering about flying in this region. I am interested in Emirates and am looking for some help. I have been a Capt on B-777, A-320 and 737. Have flown 757/767, 747-100 and 747-400
Currently w/ UAL and have no strings attached, so looking for a diff pasture. Had a gent on my jumpseat and mentioned some carriers (emirates one) that hire into left seat.
Any helpful thoughts. Trying to regain lost retirement etc and looking for a more stable airline.....(did I say that?)
Thanks

ironbutt57
4th Dec 2007, 05:22
Cant speak for EY, or EK but the region in general doesnt compare with the USA majors..while the bottom line salary and terms might seem close after all the "salary adjustments" in the states, the work rules and benefits just aren't there...:ok:

bzim
4th Dec 2007, 08:20
Thanks for the reply.

CT7
4th Dec 2007, 09:40
Work Rules...? Wot work rules. rules assumes that they are concrete, I think ours are more like quick-sand, shifting all the time.

If these countries want some real kudos with the developed world, they need to adopt some modern practices regarding Flight Duty times.

ironbutt57
4th Dec 2007, 14:38
The FTL's here at GF and others, are safer and more realistic than the FAA for sure, but most ALPA/APA pilots enjoy things like trip/duty rigs many many more days off than carriers over here..not saying the states is utopia by any means...

Myass
5th Dec 2007, 03:21
Thanks for your posts guys, specially CT7 and Alghazal.

Thanks for the coordinates to see the houses on google earth, that was actually fun.

I noticed that there's nothing around them but sand!!! How old are the images on google? I know things grow fast in there, one day sand next day the greenest grass ever.

Are things growing around the villas? or is just sand still?

I've been to Dubai a few times, how's Abu Dhabi compared to Dubai? I know it's smaller and more quiet, does that sum it up?

How often do you guys in Etihad go to Dubai to escape the slow pace of Abu Dhabi?

thanks guys...

CT7
5th Dec 2007, 06:54
My guess is that the sat did a flyby about Feb 2007. And yes a lot has changed out here since then.

Greenery wise, you gotta pay for it yourself about 25000dhs (div by 6 villas) plus then the water and power costs which is an ongoing battle at the moment....

Basically they are working our butts off to try to maintain an increasing schedule.
Other new joiners are sitting about for as long as 45 days with no flying and medicals expiring becaues they cant get trained....

It has the potential to be good but it's taking a long time to get anywhere...

Sgnr de L'Atlantique
5th Dec 2007, 07:14
Google Earth, fun indeed!

What is the deal exactly regarding housing?

I know the amounts you get from the website, but what about if you want to go for company housing?

What do you get as FO? With family/without family

Same as Captain?

Is it true 6 you need to stay 6 months in a hotel first?

Thanks

NG_Kaptain
5th Dec 2007, 10:50
"How often do you guys in Etihad go to Dubai to escape the slow pace of Abu Dhabi?"

Once every six weeks or so I visit Dubai, mainly to visit with former colleagues. Pace is what you get used to. We comment on how sorry we feel for our former co-workers who chose EK, having to live in that fast paced mad house called Dubai and they have the same feelings about us, we are the poor fellows who live in that country backwater. Personally I prefer where I am. Housing is a mess, again, but the pilots hired up to the third quarter had the choice of villas or apartments. Now it's back to temporary accomodations.

CT7
5th Dec 2007, 11:34
Company housing seems a bit tight at the moment. Not many villa complex's being built. But to live in they are OK. Some have had their problems but when it's free, it's hard to complain.

Some slightly smaller ones possibly available I think but who knows for how long. (Single level)

Could be the hotel for a while so leave the family at home.....join the 600 odd apparently living in temp accom.

The allowance is about 115k for F/Os and 120Kfor left seaters..(i think 'cause im not one)

boeingdream787
5th Dec 2007, 13:07
Could anybody here help me with the email address of the FDC recruitment head of EY.
Thanks in advance!

Nucflash
5th Dec 2007, 16:44
My question is can the UAE support 2 long haul carriers? My guess is Emirates and Etihad will both succeed because they seem to be a personal "hobby" for each of the sheikhs and a there would be a major loss off face if the airlines failed.

Comments appreciated.

saddlebrooks
7th Dec 2007, 10:51
Define "succeed"

Operating is a given in this part of the world but succeed is another story.

Fly A380
8th Dec 2007, 07:54
Hey guys.

Did anyone go through and pass any of the A320 EY selections in the months of October or November 2007? If so, did any of you get a invitation letter via email yet, or have any of you been send a draft of a contract?

Any idea how long it usually takes for EY to contact you with any of the above information?

Does anyone know when will the first A320 course starts? Has it started already? Or will it be starting in January 2008 as I am suspecting?

Thanks!

saly4
8th Dec 2007, 08:40
Hello FLY A380 …I think it we’ll take them between 4 to 8 weeks to reply to you and I know my friend just joined EYon the A320 fleet few days ago, may start flying next week … because he is flying A320....:)

Fly A380
8th Dec 2007, 11:03
Thanks for the info saly4. Does anyone else have any other info on this matter?

zezinho
14th Dec 2007, 08:31
Gentleman, i see lots of posts, but i need some real help. I am a A320 Captain, and i am preparing for an Etihad interview. Lately, i know that the interview process has changed. Can anybody give me a good help? What kind of questions are they asking now? Where can i read more about it? I am really interested because i am moving with my family, and i dont want to make a mistake that could end with my expectations of joining Etihad. Please if you have some recent tips, share if you please. Regards

kamaciwa
14th Dec 2007, 22:54
Question No.1: How soon can you join?
Question No.2: What is your answer for No.1

_FL600_
26th Dec 2007, 15:10
How long does it take them to call when you first apply online?!

FMC OVERHEAT
26th Dec 2007, 16:16
1 hour... at least that was the case for me.

FMC OVERHEAT
26th Dec 2007, 18:41
@SNAM
Applied 05/2007 and received a call from a recruitement officer 1 hour later.
I have more than the requirements concerning hours and jet time.
As stupid as it may sound, I have to get a full ATPL since I can NOT unfreeze it here without being a PIC on the jet I am flying right now. :ugh:

CT7
30th Dec 2007, 04:15
Yup. All provided.

a330wampire
30th Dec 2007, 16:26
housing is great :ugh:

according to my friends 2 new groups of pilots are still in hotel cause there is no housing available except if you wanna accept single story villa on a moon base (desert area) which you cant compare with double story (not available any more). Second roomor is that they gonna put (or move existing ones) flight attendents into a new building so that they can offer their appartments to pilots. Why dont they put pilots in new building and keep FA in existing accomodation.

Is that silly cause again they are playing with pilots, maybe they will have to introduce pilot class to FA so that they can fly planes too.

CT7
30th Dec 2007, 20:21
The single storey villas are OK. Seems people are being too pickey. (No-one wanted these ones either (2 storey) until we all moved in then everyone wanted them and they ran out.) Not if you have 2 kids but if it's just the two of you or maybe a child in tow, nothing wrong with them. Only a bit smaller than the 2 storey ones. And a better kitchen as well.

And the moon as you call it, actually our course called it that or moonbase alpha if you're old enough to remember that scifi tv programme, is getting better all the time. Dang, we even have ADSL now! This is where the new abu dhabi is going to be. Lotsa stuff moving this way. And it's closer to Dubai oh, and work.

Yes Etihad is currently involved in a JV with Aldar for 700+/- apartments near the training / sim centre. Who knows when they come on-line though. Otherwise its a room in town until something comes up.

But at least it's FREE !

CT7
31st Dec 2007, 07:52
If you get that for your housing allowance go for it. Personally I hate attempting to park in the city, there are at least two hotels/clubs nearby as well as schools.

Plenty of room for the kids to play easily supervised (no not in the desert, in the compound although the scope it opens up for R/C and quad bikes is great)
And oh so quiet....

Each to their own, just hope you dont end up being moved from your expensive town accom into Musafah so the owners can make more $$$. Then maybe the "desert" might seem really nice :)

Happy new year!:ok:

noflare
31st Dec 2007, 21:01
I think he means if you are going to be treated like s#it then at least get paid for it!....plus they are expanding!:}

propjet72
5th Jan 2008, 17:53
I was checking the requirements for first officer at Etihad.
I do not see any requirements for over 60 tons aircraft experience except for captain positions.
I have got 7000 hours with 3000 hours jet pic less than 60 tons.
Do I qualify for an interview at Etihad?

thanks for the info

Propjet

noflare
5th Jan 2008, 20:53
If you can walk into the interview unaided you qualify!:}

Good luck

propjet72
6th Jan 2008, 01:47
I knew that Noflare, thanks for your response.
But for first officer, do they require > 60 tons experience, yes or no?

propjet

casablanca
12th Jan 2008, 05:06
I was filling out the online application and one of the documents they requested was a copy a "stamped logbook".
Can anyone explain what they means?

noflare
12th Jan 2008, 05:50
The last page of your logbook stamped and certified correct by your employer or the authority.
Maybe a certified printout/letter would do.

BritishGuy
14th Jan 2008, 04:24
I'm still trying to figure out how an FAA guy (like myself) would be able to do that. If I asked my 121 carrier to 'certify my logbook' - then they know I'm looking for a job - bit of a give away. As for the FAA 'certifying' logbooks, well I'm not sure that they do. What needs to be done then??

Retarded320
15th Jan 2008, 13:38
Any updates on the 320 selection process?

_FL600_
18th Jan 2008, 14:54
anybody know their HR-recruitment phone number?

Easy Ryder
20th Jan 2008, 13:09
British Guy and Casablanca,

I know of a few people that applied without getting their books stamped and they still got interviews.

Expecting someone to get their employer to stamp their logbooks is a bit rich. As you say a dead give away your lookin elsewhere....:rolleyes:

h-f-radio
20th Jan 2008, 16:19
:) it depends on the your nationalty and colour

_FL600_
20th Jan 2008, 20:02
h f radio,

How's that?

fractional
20th Jan 2008, 21:42
it depends on the your nationality and colourVery colourful:mad:. Very true.

moonchaser
28th Jan 2008, 07:27
Same questions as SNAM:

Is the housing situation been improved and EY planning ahead. Has anyone attempted the 'Rent to buy' scheme or are pricing going up too fast?
What is the av salary take home for both seats in Dhs for both 320 and 330 fleets?
What other benefits are there? Medical/Health/Prov fund. Similar to EK package?
Is it a good place for families?

Moonie

_FL600_
31st Jan 2008, 13:40
How long does it take to be contacted after applying online?

jimbols6
4th Feb 2008, 14:05
Does anybody now what the pay date is and if a new starter has to work two months before their first pay cheque?
i.e. if i was to start on the 1st of April will i get Aprils pay at the end of April or at the end of May?

shortfuel
4th Feb 2008, 15:05
You should get paid end of April BUT...provided papers are processed on time and you managed to open a bank account by mid-april (you need your resident visa for that, it takes approx. 2 weeks after your joining date).
Having said so, it's better to plan without it. In all cases, should you need a cash advance, I think they can provide it.

CT7
4th Feb 2008, 15:18
Pay day is the 25th and it should appear in your account about 2 - 3 days after that.

I think visas take a few days less now.

HSBC is good to go with.

jimbols6
4th Feb 2008, 15:19
cheers for that shortfuel. i dnt suppose you know what the current situation is with housing, i know that there has been alot of moaning about it on here, im due to come out the AUH in april but i rather not be stuck in a hotel for 3 months?

sec 3
4th Feb 2008, 18:49
You will be stuck in a hotel for 3 months and no new housing planned for the near future. If you go to EK, the day you arrive they will give you the keys to a shiny new villa. :)

shortfuel
4th Feb 2008, 21:35
As you may already know, housing is an issue. But I am pretty sure it's been taken care of. Recruiting pilots and accomodating them are two different jobs involving two different departments. Abu Dhabi housing issue + some lack of coordination and planning between these two services = this current housing pb in EY.
Lists of people waiting for an accomodation are getting longer...But as soon as EY take delivery of some new appartments and/or villas, those lists will vanish. I have no factual insights, I feel that this situation will not last more than three months.
Some people related lies from the housing dpt; actually they don't and can't promise anything at this stage. Having 2 or more kids is a big plus ;) (big flats avail...).

airbussmooth
6th Feb 2008, 21:22
i was wonderin if anyone has any real facts on the selection process

i.e. INTERVIEW process it seems all airlines in M.E. on this site give a some

what detailed overview of what to expect> HOW ABOUT ETIHAD!!

Isnt there anyone with a indepth first hand knowledge of how the whole

thing goes, like how many days?? whats the sim cover, are there any

pysch tests???

Thnx for the feed back fly safe :)

airbussmooth
16th Feb 2008, 09:18
i canr believe no one is able to comment on the process for etihad??

Why is that:ugh::ugh: well lets see

sispanys ria
16th Feb 2008, 10:26
Hi,
I applied online 2 weeks ago and still don't have any news...
I would like to ask about the current contact delays to people who have been contacted following a recent application.
Many thanks.

(profile is 3100 h, mainly on light turboprops...)

Jumbo Wambo
16th Feb 2008, 10:43
Your TT looks good but for one they looking for at least 1000hrs on jets heavier than 60T.........

Metro man
16th Feb 2008, 11:28
I think you're right about type rated only at the moment from what's being said at the road shows. Non type rated probably later this year, but apply any way.

airbussmooth
16th Feb 2008, 18:52
thanx for the feed back, :ok::D

I also heard the process somewhat changed abit however i am not certain

in anycase if anyone has a clue that would be greatful till then :D:D

cheez
17th Feb 2008, 12:27
Are they hard over on heavy time? Does EY give any thought to hiring people with light jet time (ie military single engine fighter time)?

Pls advise, and thanks in advance.

bayti
18th Feb 2008, 10:24
hello,

Somebody can send me a link or informations for the technical quiz of EY interview.
Thank you very much.

airbussmooth
19th Feb 2008, 10:40
Does anyone have any info on A/C orders or expected confirm delv's into

etihad>> i heard that there are only tow planes due this year>> how can

that be since they seem to be searchig for lots of pilots?? im confused

CT7
19th Feb 2008, 10:50
Two A340-600s later in the year (like 4th qtr) and two A330s early next year.

Some, 2, I think A320s but these are also replacing some that are leaving so not too sure about an overall increase in that fleet.

Recent rumour is also a couple of GE engined A330s too, but unconfirmed.

FlyingOW
19th Feb 2008, 17:39
Hi,

I applied in June last year and still no word, just the standard automated email "thanks for applying" response.

Currently on 763ER, 2200 on type, 3500+ Total time, hold Frozen ATPL (cannot unfreeze until become captain, yes stupid I know)

What are my chances of being hired on the T7? What routes do they operate?

Its been 8 months now and starting to give up hope.

Regards,

OW

Severely Jetlagged
19th Feb 2008, 17:54
Presently, not a chance with a frozen ATPL unless you are Emirati. Careers website states ICAO ATPL. I believe the ATPL must also be endorsed with the required type rating.

Next deliveries I think are 2 A319s, 1 in May and 1 in June.

airbussmooth
20th Feb 2008, 17:30
Ct7 if what ur saying is right may i ask how come then are they still

looking for so many pilots?? i mean the total fleet must be aroud what 38-

40 planes>>

Why does it still show for i.e. 300 vacancies on 330 position???????:ugh::ugh:

sec 3
21st Feb 2008, 01:14
The same reason why hundreds of cabin crew passed the interview only to be told months later that their application was unsuccessful. Why ? They don't have a F**KIN' clue !!

CT7
21st Feb 2008, 01:47
Er, couldn't have put it better myself.

Old story of left hand not talking to right hand or anything else!

Easy Ryder
24th Feb 2008, 13:51
Sorry to ask this i've had a quick look through this thread (maybe too quick!) but was wondering how much utilities and a broadband net connection would cost when you eventually get an apartment for a single person.

Also when you are in the hotel for x months do they offer broadband and how much is that (from what i read i doubt its included). I'm guessing skype is still an issue.....

CT7
25th Feb 2008, 03:43
You can get internet connected to your room, depending on where they put you. Most have some form of computer access in the building.

Cost, pass, but not too much.

Jet II
25th Feb 2008, 04:36
Broadband internet (well thats what etisalat call it :ugh:)

200 AED connection

250 AED for 1MB

Skype isnt generally an issue