PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Easy Ryder
25th Feb 2008, 12:31
Thx for the replies!

1Mb??? Jeez thats a bit..slow..... guess ther never will be competition in the ME.....

Also i've heard EY aren't bonding for type ratings anymore? Is that true?

And do you get some choice to be ccq'd to the 330/340 or 330/320?

Metro man
25th Feb 2008, 13:12
If you join with a type rating on the aircraft then no bond. For CCQ, bond of two months basic pay. For command upgrade no bond at all, you can leave the next day if you like.

Lock in period of 2 years ? for A320/A330 or A330/A340. May be able to move after that. Two types you will fly to begin with ? Anyones guess, depends on requirements. Main aircraft is the A330 so if rated on that it could go either way, if A320 or A340 rated on joining will PROBABLY continue on that type and CCQ onto the A330 at the first base check.

Seem to be a strong preference for rated crew only at the moment, others considered later this year but apply anyway.

confirm-finals?
25th Feb 2008, 14:18
They still bonding just no bond if upgraded to captain...

Plus you cant choose which CCQ. Depends what they need...

Jet II
26th Feb 2008, 06:01
Thx for the replies!

1Mb??? Jeez thats a bit..slow.....

LOL - 1MB is what you pay for - the chances of actually getting speeds of 1MB are slim to non-existent :ouch:

CT7
26th Feb 2008, 06:08
Oh, I dunno....

I'm on a 1mb plan with a d/l speed of 1,007. And that's in the desert..

Plans go to 4MB/s. But the company will only pay half of the 1mb plan.

airbussmooth
4th Mar 2008, 07:52
i heard that duty time is almost always breached at etihad is that true??:}:ugh:

CT7
4th Mar 2008, 08:47
No.

1hr40 b4 dep and 30 min after on blocks.

CT7
5th Mar 2008, 17:32
Oh, I dunno...

Nah, you're right on the money with that one..!:D

tundra runner
7th Mar 2008, 21:34
Yep, I am sure the below will be soon in the small print of our t & c's

Employee must wear blinders at all times while on duty and not compromise operations at anytime by attempting to abide by both CAR OPS and Etihad OM A. Failure to do this will result in being reported to Management and guaranteed disciplinary action against will be brought against you to set the example of Etihad's rule over you.

K.Whyjelly
8th Mar 2008, 15:21
Been researching Abu Dhabi and Etihad ( and EK as well) for some time now. My initial (some may say naive) impression of EY is that the main concern for a new joiner is accomodation and education for their children. Fair point or not??

Once in it seems that the pilot workforce gripes are the same as other companies....same sh1t just a different coloured airframe.

Anyhow I've decided to go to the EY pilot roadshow over here in the UK to get the company perspective and then weigh this up against all your personal experiences. Has/will the housing situation improve? Rent to buy scheme...anybody in it? Is'nt life in AD acceptable? (Have read about rents and school fees but everything else seems better than Europe i.e food, cars petrol et al).

I would appreciate a non rosy specs viewpoint and if I'm talking out of my ar$e then let me know.:O Happy for PM's

For the record A330/320 with TT9000 hrs

sec 3
8th Mar 2008, 16:09
The world's getting smaller KY. Why don't you call PM for a job? If you decide to go to EY, you'll have to go through the interview process just like everybody else. Maybe we'll see you then:E

confirm-finals?
9th Mar 2008, 17:05
Hi all

I have an Eithad interview coming up. I have read all the posts here regarding the ups and downs but I can't really find much in the way of actual interview experiences.

Any help or info would be great

Cheers

A320PLT
9th Mar 2008, 18:38
check you PM's

Easy Ryder
11th Mar 2008, 23:56
Well attended the roadshow here in the UK, forgot to ask one qu.

Seems that most new joiners are going on the 320. How long on average are people waiting before promotion to the 330?

Cheers,
ER

CT7
12th Mar 2008, 02:13
Given that the fleet is so new, I don't think any have returned from the Dark Side....

off_off_dim_and_off
12th Mar 2008, 07:05
How long on average are people waiting before promotion to the 330?

It's common jet salary. Why would you think it's a promotion to fly the 330?

Easy Ryder
12th Mar 2008, 21:11
Coz i've been flying a 320 with no nightstops ever for 3 years and im sick of it.

Moving to Etihad will just be a sideways move if i dont see the 330 or 340 within a year.

Thats why its a promotion to me. Besides you get more in allowances so regardless of a so called common salary, on LH you'll pull more cash.

I hope that satisfied your qu.

alghazal
12th Mar 2008, 22:08
Because an A330 12 hours lay-over from on chocks to off chocks in JNB, CDG , FRA or DUB after a 6 to 9 hours night flight , and before another 6 to 9 hours night flight, is better than 2 to 4 A320 sectors a day ?

Just because it's heavier....come on !!!!!

triple click
12th Mar 2008, 22:27
if you like layover; this is not the airline to be: we ve got most of the time 24h layover and it s common to get 12h (min rest) after a long haul flight; the crazy one is long haul night flight/12h rest/long haul night flight again..:eek:

no fatigue calculation and if you ask ops management why they keep doing it they will answer: WE NEVER DO MIN REST COZ WE GAVE YOU 15H REST :ugh:

Yes i know most poor us :\

IN Etihad we are waiting for 5 things:

1 Change of management
2 salary increase
3 no peg to USD (which is linked to number 2 but not related to ey)
4 decent accommodation
5 a bidding system

So far it s :yuk: !!!

Easy Ryder
12th Mar 2008, 22:28
no i realise that but etihad is far from being the final stop in my career - a means to an end my friend. I dont intend to be there for more than 18 months. But the type rating is what i need,

I also dont see the need to justify whats important to me and my intentions to random people on a forum. I have a qu, plz answer it or shut the hell up.

triple click - thanks for a reply that was useful to me and taking the time to type it - cheers:ok:

triple click
12th Mar 2008, 22:45
No problem easy Rider.. but if you go to the assessment; just record those funny guys who will tell you that they ve got 4 bedroom apartment waiting for you, what you can read on pprune is b:mad:t and ey is the best airline in the world

If you do get that record just broadcast it!! here we are missing good laugh :}

Easy Ryder
12th Mar 2008, 23:14
Yes mate was told that at the road show. Max 90days in hotel before u see an apartment/villa. Min 3 bedrooms....

Also that the 12hr min rest night stops are coming to an end. Paris will be about 36hrs now??

Large order for 70+ widebodies around summer.

All this was obviously to intice me to apply, which is fine - just need to know whats going on in real life on the front line.

ddsilva
13th Mar 2008, 04:00
Is etihad looking at dec without a type rating , have about 9000 hrs 3000 pic 737 ng.I tried calling but seem to have no luck. Can some answer please

kissmecaptain
13th Mar 2008, 07:31
Did they tell you at the road show that some pilots are still in hotels after six months?

Did they tell you about the standard of accommodation?

Did they tell you that other airlines in the middle east pay far more than Etihad?

Didn't think so.......

sec 3
13th Mar 2008, 07:47
Don't expect an improvement in the package anytime in the next few years because pinhead Hogie proudly announced today EY's sponsorship of F1's Ferarri:sad:

cantilever
13th Mar 2008, 07:51
Easy Rider....do us a favour and dont apply....Type rating hunters like you just screw things up for the rest of us!

A320PLT
13th Mar 2008, 10:40
I'd like to know which ones pay more?
thanks.

A320PLT

sandyballs
13th Mar 2008, 16:13
If you know its not going to be to your liking then why bother?

Maybe you are a type rating hunter:eek:

Easy Ryder
13th Mar 2008, 17:08
Maybe i am maybe im not, but it aint really any of your business is it???

Or are you on the recruitment team... :suspect:

Cant really understand why anyone would just want a type for the sake of it unless it could lead to something better. Hence my wanting a 330 rating with hours, it should open a few more doors for me. After a year or 2 i'd move if EY is not for me and stay if i find i like it there... nothing to get upset about or have a go at bud. All i'm doing is try and plan a future for my family and myself that we will be happy with.

I dont know if it is or is not going to be to my liking hence the asking of questions (dont tell me you didnt ask any before moving?) etc so i can make an educated decision on uprooting and ****ing to the sands........... Jeez whats in the water over there for people to get in a huff when one asks a few basic qu's.

At least theres a decent bunch that PM and actually have something constructive (positive and negative) to say. To those individuals I thank you.

david333
18th Mar 2008, 20:04
??? Etihad just got A 320 s
3 Years What do you mean?

Pin Head
18th Mar 2008, 22:52
What is life on the B777 fleet like. Busy? Minimum nightstops? Destinations?

FlyingOW
19th Mar 2008, 02:48
Would also be interested in knowing where the 777 flies to.... According to webiste only 5 in fleet, any more on order? 787 orders perhaps? Is a type rating and hours on type an absolute must? Working on the ATP so should get that sorted soon.

Many thanks,

OW

Jet II
19th Mar 2008, 16:45
Would also be interested in knowing where the 777 flies to....

BKK, SIN, BNE with the odd KUL, CGK, RUH, JED thrown in.

any more on order? 787 orders perhaps?

No more 777 ordered and no 787 - rumors of 747-8. Announcement of fleet expansion later this year.

sec 3
20th Mar 2008, 01:44
Rumored announcement of fleet expansion:bored:

Yani Yani
20th Mar 2008, 08:52
As an FO on the B777 I will earliest see command after 36 months based on my senority and at will 99 % be on the A330 or A320. But I first have to spend 6 months in the right seat ( company policy ) on said aircraft before I can do the upgrade so I am looking at 3.5 years minimum.

And, just because its been building up for awhile, here's a few other gripes about EY, mainly in comparison with EK up the road.... :

EY;s health insurance provider, a local company called Daman, is not widely accepted in UAE and I find myself paying cash at hospitals/clinics and then having to drive to EY;s insurance department to claim the refund. Dental cover is limited to accidental cover so all normal checkups/cleaning is out your own pocket and in an expensive country like UAE with raging inflation your wallet will take a big hit if you e.g. got kids. Yes, EY has an understaffed small clinic in Abu Dhabi that handles minor stuff as colds etc but its woefully inadequate.EK has a proper clinic and everything is covered. No out of pocket cash required.

EY does not provide transport to and from work or transport allowance. Buy your own car or take taxi. EK provides transport to work and an interest free car loan of roughly U$13000 on arrival.

EY does not have a profit share scheme for employees. Would make diddly do difference as EY are not making a profit though.

EY does not have a retirement scheme/provident fund. EK contributes 12 % of your salary into a retirement account which in turn will be invested as per your wishes and fully accessable after 7 years of service.

EY does not have a currency protection scheme. EK partially compensates you for the falling U$ based on your home country currency. That will add a couple of hundreth U$/month in your salary.

EY puts you in a hotel for "minimum 3 months" and then its onto an apartment with varying standards for you and family. And electrics and water is out of your pocket. EK provides you with a villa and all utilities are paid for.

EY does not adjust it's per diem/overnight allowance at outstations unlike EK. With a falling U$ your expenses at out stations are greater and you will have less money at the end of the month.

EY does not allow bidding for your monthly roster. It is assigned by company. The company reserves the right to change your roster per their requirements so the roster functions more like a "general idea". At EK they have a functional bidding system per a normal airline.

EY;s annual leave ticket is not firm. You can be bumped. Not so in EK.

In conclusion...

The EY management is well aware of the T&C differences EY versuz EK but as "the machine is working", i.e., the airplanes are being flown and pilots are turning up for work and new recruits are applying, why change anything ? Why pay more when you can get the same results for less ? I certainly wouldnt. Normal business model. "No pilots applying anymore ? Ok, improve the conditions ". But plenty of pilots in the pool so why change anything.....

Guys, do your homework before deciding on relocating to a Gulf airline. I obviously didnt as you can tell from above...

power ke?
20th Mar 2008, 12:57
Yani Yani is absolutely right. Give EY a miss, if at all possible.

A320PLT
20th Mar 2008, 16:21
Yani,

You bring up some very interesting points. Lets look at them one at a time. You stated that you are a first officer on a wide body 777 and only been there a short time ie less than 5 years. That's pretty good as in here in the US you would not be hired into a wide body to begin with. You further stated that you would have to be there at the very least 36 months to be able to hold again a wide body captain slot or maybe even the narrow body captain slot, again a good thing overall as over here you would need double digits years to hold even a narrow body captain slot. Now the need to have to fly some time in the aircraft they plan to upgrade you in is in my opinion a waste of time and talent. You have proven that you already know how to fly so this the need to further demonstrate that seems unnecessary.

Housing? Months in a hotel then to an apt that may or may not be up to the living standards that you and your family require. I would have to say two things here. First only in the expat world would you even get housing included in your employment package and second it's free to some extent. Now having said I trust in what you are saying that it is no where near the standard of EK. Lets keep in mind that EK is far more established than EY and I would bet that the beginnings of EK were not fun times at all!! I would expect as EY matures it too will become more like EK.

Medical and Dental? Absolutly no excuses in this area what so ever medical and dental for the pilot and family is essential!! EY needs to have coverage that is accepted throughout the country if not the world!!!!!!

Travel to and from work or an allowence should also be a perk of the job I checked in to Air Arabia and they provide at least an allowence. How new is the interest free car loan at EK and did they offer this from the start of that carrier?

I agree with you 100% in that folks really need to do their homework when making a life changeing decision such as this. I am not so sure that EY really has a lot of takers of the job as I keep hearing that there is a steady stream of applicants but many either don't make it or refuse the position. You would be in a much better position to comment on this as I am getting my information second and third hand.

Given the choice to do it all over again minus any emotion would you??

A320PLT

sandpit
20th Mar 2008, 18:29
A320PLT you'd be wrong, the beginning of EK was the best of times there;)

A320PLT
20th Mar 2008, 18:32
Well see there you have it. That is the problem with getting things second and third hand.:\

A320PLT

Jumbo Wambo
20th Mar 2008, 18:42
Both Yani Yani n A320PLT have some valid points. However there are two major factors which make me sympathise more with Yani those being

1) When EK started, aviation in ME was somewhat new. The aggressive competition was unheard of. EK could afford to fart around and do the trial and error tactics.

2) EK never had an ambition in it's 4th year to be " The Best Airline In The World " (by the way that is EY's vision for 2008). I stand to be corrected but not even till today does EK have such arrogance about its achievements nor do many other top carriers for that matter.

So based on those two simple but important points, I see where Yani is coming from.

A320PLT
21st Mar 2008, 00:50
Oh no doubt Yani has a very valid point about many of the the things he stated on this subject and I agree with much of it. Let's not forget though that even still Yani WILL be a captain in less than 5 years from the day he started and there is a good chance he will be a wide body capt at that.

A320PLT

Metro man
21st Mar 2008, 02:41
EY may not be perfect, and Yani has raised a few valid points. However from the amount of complaining from EK pilots on this forum, EK isn't perfect either.

Look at the airline and how it suits YOUR particular circumstances. Three and a half years to upgrade ??? How long for a new joiner in QF, CX, BA etc. Ten + years in the right hand seat isn't too bad if you're 22 when you join, not so if you're 45.

Transport to work may not be provided but taxis are cheap, and parking is free if you want to use your own car. Family need two cars ? Buy a ten year old Corolla for US$2000 for the airport.

EY have an end of service benefit of 35 days basic pay for each year in the company, not fantastic but better than nothing.

EY allow you to request either a particular trip or 4 days off in a row each month. EK have bid groups, but see thread concerning max days off in a row, commuting now very difficult.

EK exchange rate protection scheme only protects a percentage of your income by a certain amount, once again see thread on this forum.

In your FREE apartment accommodation central aircon is provided, leaving you with a small bill for lights and water. Not so in the villas where in summer the utilities will cost an arm and a leg.

EY aim for 750-800 hours a year and pay less than EK. EK pilots earn more but complain about fatigue from ULR and max hours.

Yes, a few bad points with EY but then what airline doesn't have any ? If you can't live with them apply elsewhere. If anyone finds the ideal mix of work, family life, salary, benefits etc please let the rest of us know. :)

ryz
24th Mar 2008, 15:23
Hello!

Just want to know what does "GRADE DF" means in Etihad Grading system used for their evaluation.

Thanks!

pilot4ever
26th Mar 2008, 15:04
kindly if any one know how to apply for etihad as a non uae national ???????????
regards

EY346Driver
26th Mar 2008, 15:23
Guys you can apply on-line through Etihad's careers (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/) website.

CT7
26th Mar 2008, 16:26
First -Bone up on your English,
Second -Check out their website.

L_Loader
26th Mar 2008, 23:10
Hello!

I am considering to apply for the 320 job that EY is advertising on their web page. Any of you that know anything about which routes they fly on the 320? Many night stops away or is the intention to do turnarounds and return to Abu Dhabi? Block hours per month? For how long is the bond for the type rating? How long can I expect to stay on the 320 fleet? Is it possible to bid for a new type or bid to remain on the present one or is it just allocated management?

Some kind of info regarding roster patterns would also be very interesting.

I have read many of the threads here but have not been able to get info regarding the above things so any info at all will be very is appreciated.

Thanks

L

CT7
27th Mar 2008, 04:45
Routes - Anything in range of the 320. ME, Pak, Ind, Saudi, Cairo, Jordan, Leb etc.

Some night stops.

Block hrs - pass, not on the 320.

Change of type, in theory yes,,,,,, after 12 mths.... in theory....

Roster patterns, cant say but any roster PATTERN would be nice....

METRO MAN,

You forgot to mention the 3+ months living in a hotel room....
...if you get an apartment, you might be lucky and get a single bedroom opposite the trg centre 47kms from town.....

EY aim for 750-800 hours a year and pay less than EK. EK pilots earn more but complain about fatigue from ULR and max hours.
Then why have my neighbours had weeks off after doing 900hrs in less than 12 months?
Why do they look like they have come off a tour of duty in Iraq after a ULR flight..?

EY still have a LOT of work to do before they start on an upward slope.

The workers are still the poor cousins to the F1!

However it is still quite relaxed as opposed to maybe Qatar/Gulf & maybe EK..?

L_Loader
27th Mar 2008, 10:23
Thanks CT7

I get your point about roster "pattern". However, I was reading on an EK thread where they were complaining because they only got 6 days off in a row and only a few got 7,8,9 and only 10% got 10 days off in a row. This does not seem too bad to me so I wanted to get an idea of how you guys are doing in EY.

I don't mind getting some hours. I did 340h last year. About 60 in the last 6 months. In some ways it is heaven on earth to fly that little but I still don't get to be home that much due to poor planning from our roster dep. I get paid more or less the same as you guys but my career is not coming together and I don't want to be stuck on an old aircraft type (MD80) in a small company if we are heading into less favourable times in the near future.

I think that I will like the job in EY. Not sure if my girlfriend can get a qualified job (lawyer) but if she can my main concern will be if we will be happy in Abu Dhabi in general. Short term I am sure we will like it. Long term I don't know. For us it will be all about the friends we make down there and what we will do in our spare time. The climate is certainly nicer than in Sweden.

If I compare what people in CX, EK and EY say in this forum I actually do get the impression that EY pilots are the least disapointed. At least you don't seem to scream as loud as some of the others. :-)

CT7
27th Mar 2008, 10:59
Look, every airline has it's problems, but they tend to learn from them and fix them. Our mngt cant learn. If they get good ideas they get fired for being more intell'gent than their bosses. And the bosses dont know how to run airlines.

Oh and the 4 days off in a row may start with a signoff at 2355 the day before and after 4 days start at 0015.....

EG sending letters out about hair length (1 person concerned) whilst we almost suffered 2 dual eng failures (on A330!)
Whats more important.

I'll pm you a law company, it may help.

Just come with an open, very open mind. And expect to see the wheel reinvented again and again in all shapes except round....

Oh and leave the cold weather clothes behind. Its already 41 here....

OH and more importantly, your girlfriend won't be allowed to live with you.....

LimaVictor
27th Mar 2008, 14:42
Hy guys,
if you go for the interview you can expect a very friendly and fair treatment.
It consists of 3 days. 1st day you start with filling out formularies and showing your credentials and logboks. Thereafter you go for a 25 min. tech. multiple choice 40 questions test. You want to study the jepp chapter 1 , rules of the air, definitions, rwy lightning and markings etc.
After you continue with an english test, as well 25 min. No big deal really, even for non english speakers. The last test is a 200 psicho test , the kind you get in most companies when you apply for a job. No time to think much, just be yourself and remember some questions will be repeated in a different way so they may catch you cheating. No way to train on this test. the last exercise before the personal interview is a group task. there you will be check on your crm and teamwork interaction as well as comm skills.
The final interview is where 2 capts, I had one from airbus and one from boeing, will tell you if you made it for the 2nd day, the sim check. If they start asking about yourself and carreer and some tech questiosn as ETOPS, RVSM, NAT or PAC contingencies this means you are on your way to the sim ride. There you can expect to travel to Dubai for it if you are a Boeing dude:ok: We did some airwork after take off and thereafter a raw data ils where you must not deviate more than one dot .
If you did aright on the sim, you are clear for the medical check in AUH, next to some hot brand new F/As on the same road as you.
Enjoy it and wish you all good luck.

boeingdream787
28th Mar 2008, 18:24
Hey guys,
Any idea what the EY sim ride and interview's like...??
All input welcome.....
BD

fractional
29th Mar 2008, 22:11
OH and more importantly, your girlfriend won't be allowed to live with you.....It all depend on the circumstances...:oh: Well, she keeps her space in the apartment and... (you know the rest).

Watch housing. EK is better equipped despite all the shortcomings. Read this article please: http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Real_Estate_Property/10201244.html

and this:
Real estate prices in Abu Dhabi are to shoot up by as much as 25% in 2008, HSBC said in a report, just the latest to predict surging prices will continue unabated in the UAE capital.
Rents and property prices in Abu Dhabi surged 22% and 18% respectively in the second half of 2007, according to HSBC, while office rents have grown around 40% over the last two years, according to property consultancy Colliers.
Some estimates put the shortage of houses in the emirate as high as 50,000 for 2008, while the costs for materials such as cement and steel is expected to rise 19% this year.
Soaring housing costs have fuelled inflation in the UAE, which hit a 19-year high of 9.3% in 2006, the last official figure, and is predicted to hit a 20-year high of 12% this year.
Around 50% of inflation is caused by a shortage of housing supply, officials have said.
Despite runaway prices HSBC said prices were still low compared to other major cities around the world such as London, Paris or Zurich.
Abu Dhabi-based Sorouh Real Estate said earlier this month the price of homes in the capital could rise by at least 20% this year because of supply constraints.
In an effort to control rents and inflation, Abu Dhabi last month followed Dubai's lead and lowered its rent cap from 7% to 5%.
However, analysts have questioned whether the lowering the cap will make any difference to inflation.By Dylan Bowman of Arabian Business on Saturday, 29 March 2008

CT7
31st Mar 2008, 04:58
Some estimates put the shortage of houses in the emirate as high as 50,000 for 2008_, while the costs for materials such as cement and steel is expected to rise 19% this year.

Interesting that he said that as the prices for both these items has been frozen....

However it just goes to show that a sticker on an F1 car is more important than the houses you put your staff in......

115000/120000 will get you nothing in AUH...

pilot74
8th Apr 2008, 12:39
Hello,
I'm looking very close at EY.
Currently in my early 30's with 5000hrs and recently gained a Fokker 100 command.- Could I realisticaly apply for the 777 or A340 without a type rating? Would I have to marry my girlfriend to move her out there? Are partners happy. ie. Is there much of a social scene at the moment?
Pilot74

A320PLT
8th Apr 2008, 20:07
I would apply and let the company say if you are qualified or not. Now as for your lady friend given the climate of things in the ME and how they feel about live in significant others I would think you would have to marry her.

A320PLT

Jetjock330
8th Apr 2008, 20:19
Nah Mate!
Remind her, if there is any moaning, there are 2000 other cabin crew to choose from!:E

alloha
8th Apr 2008, 22:16
Hi 2 all of you.I ve made some serius thoughts about EY.Just a couple of usual questions.(pm the answers if u wish).Housing.I ve heard rumors of all kind.From a nice appartment close to airport till a s:oh: hole in the middle od nowhere 50 km away from town.Rostering and annual leave.I am mostly intersted in monthly rostering.Any chance for 5,6 or 7 days off in a row?(ok dont laugh!!!!).How about command upgrade?

Thanks a lot 2 all of you

Jet II
9th Apr 2008, 08:04
Housing is a nightmare in AD - you could be put anywhere (and often are!)

The most recent locations are:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1585/screencaptureja7.jpg

But as I say it could be anywhere....

NG_Kaptain
9th Apr 2008, 08:43
No chance on 5, 6 or 7 days off in a row.
Upgrades 2 to 3 years. No DEC on widebodies, some on the 320. Non rated FO's being recruited on the on the 777 to allow the current FO's to upgraded to A330 Captain.

iBus
9th Apr 2008, 14:49
Well, I turned them down as I got a very negative vibe from the whole thing. During boarding on my flight to AUH, I flashed my crew ID told the head purser that I was a pilot going to the assessment and asked if there was any chance for an upgrade. He was very nice, smiled and quietly suggested that "this is not a wise thing to do when you later work for us, as it can get you into trouble."

I chatted a lot with the rest of the cabin crew on my positioning flights to/from AUH and they didn't make a very happy impression and this was proven to me when they showed me their rosters.

The posts from people like Alghazal and CT7 on page 27 of this threat only confirmed my suspicion. Or just check out Yani's post. :{

EY want to convey the image of playing 'hard to get,' by sending out emails as a part of the selection process, asking you for a preference for a starting date. Then they put in bold letters to: please note that this is not an employment offer letter or declaration of result of your assessment.

Then they send you a contract giving you 2 weeks to sign: "this offer will remain open for your acceptance for 2 weeks from contract date. If we do not hear from you by this date, the offer may be withdrawn."

Don't be fooled though, it's all smoke and mirrors. Behind this shiny first class 'premium airline' image is a very low cost airline mentality when it comes to treating crews. When I didn't sign, they kept on calling/emailing me for months thereafter asking me to reconsider.

Remember, these are the T&C's during a bull pilot market. I don't even want to think about what this outfit would be like during economic bad times when pilot jobs are scarce. :uhoh:

You'd have to be totally desperate to join this lot.

Just remember, if you're stupid enough to go for an assessment: on day three (your medical) get a BLUE background on your passport photos!

A320PLT
9th Apr 2008, 14:52
Are the places nice that you are put in? It is very important when considering uprooting your family to move across the world. Now for us pilots we could just about live anywhere that keeps the rain and snow off our backs and the wind out of our faces but those of us who have wives and children it demands just a little more.

A320PLT

Jet II
9th Apr 2008, 18:24
Are the places nice?

well it obviously depends on your point of view. Moonbase Bravo, where most of the new villas are, is miles from town and doesn't have anything in the way of shops or facilities nearby. The actual villas are fine (just a few new-house teething troubles) That being said I have met people who hate being there and others who dont mind - although I would say that due to its location your wife really needs to drive ASAP.

The apartments by the airport are also nice brand-new apartments - again its location that lets them down, although they are nearer civilization than the villas.

Otherwise its privately owned villas or apartments anywhere and any standard that the Housing Department can get.

If you want to wait for a place in a particular area you usually stay in temporary accommodation downtown - one hotel that is used is the Vision (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294013-d646349-Reviews-Vision_Hotel_Apartments-Abu_Dhabi.html)

hope this helps

sec 3
9th Apr 2008, 20:13
Hate to say it ibus, but you pretty much " hit the nail on the head" with your observations:suspect:

Driver of Buses
10th Apr 2008, 04:44
My understanding is that most of the crew villa accommodation is near the airport at a place called Khalifa. Is this correct? If this is the case then the area has a big future..

To quote wikipedia

Khalifa City is a residential suburb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suburb) of the city of Abu Dhabi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi) in the United Arab Emirates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates). It is divided into 3 areas: Khalifa City A, Khalifa City B, and New Khalifa City. Khalifa City A is on the main highway to Dubai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai) and lies about 30 kilometres from Abu Dhabi. It is close to Abu Dhabi International Airport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi_International_Airport). Khalifa City B is further inland and is near Bani Yas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bani_Yas) and Al Shawamikh.

The new Khalifa City is planned to be between A and B. All of Khalifa City is currently being developed in what will become the new city center of Abu Dhabi.

Khalifa City A, which already has around 600-700 houses, will be adjacent to the prestigious Al Raha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Raha) Beach project. This project will include residential and commercial units, as well as many international hotels. This project, which is being built by Al-Dar properties, is being compared to the illustrious Sheikh Zayed Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Zayed_Road) in neighboring Dubai.

CT7
10th Apr 2008, 17:04
Yeah, the 10 year plan. Of course by the time there is any amenity (read anything...) for the staff to use in this area, EY will have had to move staff due to the villas in this region either falling down due serious cracks or due high rents....

But they keep the snow away, but not the rain. They leak like the prov....

Until this airline starts to treat its staff with the respect they deserve, things will continue to bumble along...

Go EK !

c560xl
20th Apr 2008, 11:53
Hi Guys,

Any info about the Etihad English test.
How to prepare and any books etc.
There is a lot of info about the tech exam but not much info about an english test.
i will appreciate any info.

Cheers

CT7
20th Apr 2008, 15:05
If english is your first language then you will have no problem. Of course if you're from Australia.... who knows...

Mucky Devil
26th Apr 2008, 23:41
Having read the entire thread here, i have decided to apply to Emirates instead.Initially i was very keen on Ethiad! Housing problems and allowance shortfall and no pension is a non-starter, just in case management want to know what a prospective, qualified, family-man applicant thinks!
I would appreciate comments on quality of family life/cost of living in Dubai as a comparison.
I want to stay at least 5 yrs and buy there.
Thanks to all at Ethiad who posted such candid info.

signal Aout
12th May 2008, 21:52
any specifics on the written technical exam, any one remember the questions. Thanks

SandDragon
14th May 2008, 08:06
Read all you can before accepting any OFFER .

YOU might get pushed into a corner like our colleagues with the housing issues where they have to put out money from their Pocket to stay .
and check out where the new apts. will be aske them for a view befor accepting the job .

You may end up out in the desert near the labour camps .

OPEN your EYES and ASK and have your answeres in black and White .

one day they Say Blue the next is GREY .

It seemed to be improving but the Cost of living here has been increasing and of course school and commodities which translates to salary issues .

What we just got is just not enough . On top of that short layovers and no more than 3 days staright off .

Not everything that shines is good. there are alot administration issues as well and no common sense to administrate them .

cap ducal
19th May 2008, 19:14
when i accepted the position with EY ,i was told that i will be flyng the 320 for a six months after which i will go to 330,it has been over 6 months and i dont see any CCQ,now they said that maybe in one year, wellcome to EY.:*

joser2006
20th May 2008, 20:41
Hi cap ducal,

How is the life in abu dhabi?.

And how in the 320? (roaster, benefits,etc...)

I´ll try to join the company the next month.

Thanks

LimaVictor
21st May 2008, 07:33
Where is that Mussafa place everybody talks about.
I will start with EY in the near future and you guys already made me scared with all the comments about that place. IS IT THAT BAD??????
Where exactly is it located, close to town or close to the airport? Is true there is nothing but sand around the place??
Please some inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all:ok:

Jetjock330
21st May 2008, 07:47
24°20'37.41"N
54°32'46.96"E

I believe the Google Earth is bit out of date now. Open to correction, but I have bumped into this place, whilst unintentionally getting lost in the area with a wrong turn.

This is the industrial part of Abu Dhabi

jet-lag
21st May 2008, 20:09
Mussafa is something like Star Wars 1 and Auh is like the cantine whith the monster band....by the way we have also all the actors..
Darth Vader, Yoda,R2D2...but no one Jedi to save us
New joiners ,MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

c560xl
21st May 2008, 20:58
Hi all,

just wondering who has just attended the assesment sessions.
What are they asking in the interview any tech q,z
how is the tech exam like?

Any info would be appreciated

Happy Landings:ok:

SandDragon
21st May 2008, 21:08
DO not WASTE your time , inflation will eat you .
There are now better contracts that allow you to go back home on a regular basis not having you stuck here in the desert with 5 day in a row STBY .roster sometimes.

good luck and like our friend above said , we have got all the caracters and different sign language in this little island called ABU

NGO
26th May 2008, 22:49
Can anyone please give some information on etihads group excersise and sim ride details please much appreciated.

Driver of Buses
27th May 2008, 11:17
Group Exercise runs for 30 mins. Group given 1 instruction sheet and 2 bags of plastic components/parts. Need to build a multi sided tunnel and a cart. The point of the exercise is to see how people interact with each other to achieve the task and not necessarily to complete the task. Typically the group is observe by 3 people making notes on the participants. Key objective is CRM.

SIM ride is pretty critical on selection. As airbus rated pilots are only be interviewed at the moment this is the profile being examined.

A320 or A330 sim depending on availability. You are assessed by 2 captains for 2 specific aspects. Manipulation skills and CRM. PNF is also being observed during the PF turn.

All the A320 specific information is sent to you with the invitation email.

SIM set up for you in a ready to go mode at runway end. Takeoff AUH R/W 13 with V1 cut. Looking for standard 1 Eng inop procedures up to 3000 then through to the ready for approach checklist. Autopilot and all automation ON for this stage.

Descend on downwind to 2000 then radar vectored to join 12nm final ILS LLZ R/W 13. Now the hard part. Autopilot/FD OFF. In some cases Auto thrust OFF. Do S/E RAW DATA capture of LLZ, configure and capture GS. Tolerances must be kept within 1 DOT from 10nm to 500feet. Below this not so critical but you must land on the runway. You get 1 chance at a go around if required.

The GCAA requirements for initial issue of license is to do the RAW DATA S/E ILS and for this reason this is critical. If you cannot do this then you can't get a GCAA license and hence cannot get employed.

Goodluck and enjoy....

NGO
28th May 2008, 11:45
Driver Of Buses thanks for the information looks like EY is at the moment interested in Type rated guys.

c560xl
28th May 2008, 15:27
HI ALL,

ANY VOLUNTIER INFO ABOUT ETIHAD TECH EXAM:eek: PLS

Molokai
29th May 2008, 08:03
Well, you got to sort out your English spelling first; heard that the EY boss wasn't too impressed with the English proficiency of the Korean F/Os!

noflare
29th May 2008, 16:43
Molokai

I think you are a bit out of date with your info...that was last year!

ilsan
30th May 2008, 04:54
Hey Molokai~

No EY pilot want to impress the boss anyway, except you maybe.

Actually most of us are very unhappy with hoggie policy.

And if you have any manner to other nationalities , You shoudn't mention nationality for bad exemple in public web.

pilitio
30th May 2008, 16:53
Hi everyone, the Etihad Cadet program looks very interesting. However, there are people who have NOT been shortlisted and rejected from the application from now !! How come that happens even before an assessment ?? Any answers ?

NG_Kaptain
30th May 2008, 17:28
"Hey Molokai~

No EY pilot want to impress the boss anyway, except you maybe.

Actually most of us are very unhappy with hoggie policy.

And if you have any manner to other nationalities , You shoudn't mention nationality for bad exemple in public web. "

But it's the truth.

aaph
31st May 2008, 01:07
I don't know why you are talking about Korean pilot's English proficiency with this topic which is "Ethihad pilot recruitment info".

I don't know what is your intention to mention about Korean pilot's English proficency .

I don't care whether hoggie wasn't impressed with Korean guys English proficiency or not.

But I know that all of the Korean pilot got at least LEVEL 4 of the ICAO EPL TEST and some of them got Level 5.

Also a Korean F/O has recently passed Command Upgarde interview with
English not Korean and I know there are a lot of pilots who have only Level 4 in the ICAO English Proficiency Test.

Molokai, DO NOT MAKE A HASTY GENERALIZATION.

FlyingOW
7th Jun 2008, 23:25
Any updates on future aircraft orders? Boeings or buses? New destinations?

Has anyone been called to interview recently for the T7, would most appreciate some info on the recent interview process. If not typed, what kind of experience and background are they looking for?

Cheers,

OW

PS. Is housing still an issue at EY? (really big issue at EK at the mo)

alghazal
8th Jun 2008, 08:51
Issue ain't no word to qualify Housing in EY

Between Nightmare , Non existent, insulting, and family threatening...... would be more appropriate.

global707
8th Jun 2008, 10:58
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find all the latest T's & C's. Don't think the EY website is upto date? (housing allowance etc)

Thanks

airbussmooth
11th Jun 2008, 21:18
any new news on a/c orders??:ok:

P.Clostermann
12th Jun 2008, 07:40
When are people finally going to realise that no matter where you are going to work in the middle east, its all the same BS!

EK/EY/QR/GF...there really is not that much of difference between the three of them!

They will all treat you like S**T anyway!

T/Cs will continue to errode

Racism will continue to exist.

Living wise...thats the only thing you can decide on. Bahrain/Doha/AbuDhabi or Dubai....Pick your pick!

But once you are in....:mad:

Ali Babas cave does not exist anymore ladies and gentlemen...be very aware of that when planning your move to the sandpit!

Sir Osis of the river
12th Jun 2008, 08:14
Closterman,

EK/EY/QR/GF added together makes FOUR of them.

But you are right. I think they all have similar problems, some are just addressed better.

Pick the colour of your tent, the circuses are all the same

Dixons Cider
12th Jun 2008, 11:42
Well said Closterman.

To anybody reading these threads and considering a move to the land of sand, heed the above well.

TCAS Shennanigans
12th Jun 2008, 12:18
I have been offered an interview in a couple of weeks for a RHS position on the 320. I have read all the posts in here regarding EY and I now have a headache.

Could someone (PM me if you prefer), tell me the basics of life in EY on the 320 with regards to FO pay, hours per month, rostering, progression on to other types and has the housing improved at all which seems to be the big issue?

Lastly is there a no poaching agreement between EK and EY that anyone knows of?

Thanks to any and all who reply, your time and assistance is appreciated.

TCAS

shortfuel
12th Jun 2008, 14:16
For RHS A320,

For the time being (!):
-between 45 and 65 hours / month.
-Around 28000 Dhs, allowances incl.
-Would fly MFF on 330 as well by Dec. 08, but just read that local CAA said no on another thread (rumour, gossip, solid info?...)
-Very relaxed and professional atmosphere on the fltdck
-Roster, expect some changes during month, tends to be more and more stable.
-Housing remains the big issue here (if you choose it housing allowance is now 160000 Dhs iso 115K)
-Fast growing airline...Corporate Comm says between 50 and 100 a/c orders this summer...

TCAS Shennanigans
13th Jun 2008, 00:08
Thanks shortfuel, very helpfull, cheers :)

alghazal
13th Jun 2008, 11:38
Shortfuel, it's a fair description, though a few add-ons:

Rostering is and will remain a nightmare as we do have ex-QR guy there. You know that QR is well known for hard rostering patterns.

Housing is not an issue, it's a disaster and a housing dept a bunch of appointed liars. Be prepare to suffer big time.

MFF seems to be subject to caution...Lies again.....

boeingdream787
16th Jun 2008, 17:49
And so what are the T & C's for a type rated 777 DEC...?? ( IF they recruit ).

noflare
16th Jun 2008, 18:22
As far as I know they are not recruiting DEC 777 Capts type rated or not.
From what I can see only 320 DEC recruitment.
There seems to be F/O recruitment on all fleets.

airbussmooth
17th Jun 2008, 15:21
just a general question for the people at EY, Why is it that there is still a

huge amount of vancancies e.g. on the website for B777 capt and F/O on

all the fleets??

Aren't they getting lots of applicants for those positions. OR are people

leaving so there is a huge turnover:ugh::ugh:

airbussmooth
17th Jun 2008, 15:26
how come there are still so many vacancies for Capt's and F/O's on all the

fleets??? it cant be that EY does not update the website, it appears they

do but applications for flight deck positions remain unchanged?:ugh::ugh:

Is there a huge turnover rate at EY do people simply apply and then

arrive for a few months then leave>>

noflare
17th Jun 2008, 17:42
Like most things in EY its chaotic!
If the expected aircraft order is placed next month the whole thing could change...so watch this space I say!:}

shortfuel
18th Jun 2008, 00:01
Corporate comm says about 2 resignations/month...

WERNERTHEGREAT
18th Jun 2008, 06:29
4 resignations or actual departures for the month of june.

3 skippers.

1 first officer.

Maybe others but these are the figures who will return to their homeland during the month of june at this time.

Axum
20th Jun 2008, 19:44
Any details about the training bond for FO pls?

Driver of Buses
20th Jun 2008, 22:35
Bonds amortized over 3 years and non cumulative

CCQ: 2 months base salary
Transition: 3 months base salary

tom2713
21st Jun 2008, 06:35
hi yall !

does any one know about the time when you get called in for interview after applying?

how about walking in the recruitment department when being down there on vacation?

cheers ! tom

sandyballs
21st Jun 2008, 07:18
Dont bother you will get nowhere with it....it is all done via the website.
As for time...well that will depend on what your qualifications and experience is.

The guys doing the interviews do a pretty good job, so if you are qualified Im sure they will call you.

Pin Head
21st Jun 2008, 14:04
so what aircraft are they looking to place an order for?

EY346Driver
22nd Jun 2008, 06:20
The rumours have them to be looking at B748, B787 and A350's. I understand the official announcement will be next month.

Lets just hope they also look into a half decent pension plan and realistic annual increments to cover inflation as well as solving all the housing problems because they will also be looking for plenty of drivers for those shinney new planes.

NG_Kaptain
22nd Jun 2008, 18:34
Probably at Farnborough, thats when they have the UAE pi$$ing competition, who can order the most jets.:D

FLinfinity
22nd Jun 2008, 22:28
hey folks i am a current 777 driver looking at EY 777, anybody out there able to help with rosters for the 777, got all the housing etc info but don't know the work patterns etc, would appreciate any assistance cheers in advance.

downNOgreens
22nd Jun 2008, 22:41
They say they need pilots but you'll go there and end up on a month to two month queue for the next course. These guys couldn't organise a pisup in a brewery, from the top down.

boeingdream787
26th Jun 2008, 18:21
Well,if they are'nt hiring any DEC 777 captains then why do they advertise for the post? Or maybe they plan to in the near future..??
Cause we're looking real close.
Cheers.

Severely Jetlagged
26th Jun 2008, 18:49
Not sure if I am missing something but the Etihad careers website does not show B777 DECs in the current vacancies list only A320 and A330/340 DECs.

AshRat
3rd Jul 2008, 03:04
How do you know you've been rejected? Do they actually tell you that you have been rejected in an email? I have a friend who recently applied and said something about a status bar on the jobs applied page suddenly going missing.

pilitio
3rd Jul 2008, 06:32
Well they snt me an email a couple of days later telling me that my application has been rejected, dont know how !! why !! and on waht bases but their email said that. I was expecting a first assessment before starting to shortlist people.

saviboy
3rd Jul 2008, 13:30
I have only 800 hours of jet time. all this being 320 time.
does anybody if etihad is hard on the 1000 jet requirement.?

many thanks

NTM
3rd Jul 2008, 18:20
Savi, Check your Pm...

Later,

funky monkey
4th Jul 2008, 08:32
ey is hard on the 1000jet time, and MIN 1500hrsTT
it is a dgca requirement, as MUST have unfrozen ATPL
BEFORE applying. plenty of guys applying with way more
and command time.............. but will look at u with these mins.:D

phab5ive
4th Jul 2008, 16:56
Hey,
Just got my email inviting me for an interview for the cadet pilot program, and I was wondering if anyone has completed the 1st stage and if they have any insight, information or help?
I have never been in the sims or anything, could that adversely affect my performance in the test?

Driver of Buses
5th Jul 2008, 07:32
Hi phab5ive.

Congratulations on getting a chance at the interview. You might want to also check out the pprune forum thread etihad-world-wide-cadet-scheme to see if anyone else got an invite.

I am not an insider here so can't specifically say what goes on with the cadet scheme but speaking generally they would be looking for cadets with 'the right stuff '. That would be personality, motivation, aptitude, education standards, CRM type skills, multi-cultural tolerances, communications skills and hand-eye type coordination skills in line with aircraft manipulation. After all they would be making a large investment in training the cadet.

Basically I would expect the interview process would follow the general pilot assessment interviews such as an English test, Technical test (maths, science and general knowledge), Psychological testing, Group exercise, personal interviews and extensive medical.

If they did have a sim session I would expect it would be general co-ordination exercises (look-do and follow verbal instructions). Treat this as fun as after all they can't expect a new cadet to have advanced flying skills to handle V1 cuts and 1E Raw Data ILS!!

Overall be yourself and be professional. Come prepared. Read up about Etihad general info, the places they fly and some UAE general info.

Have fun and good luck.

phab5ive
5th Jul 2008, 07:50
Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!

saviboy
6th Jul 2008, 05:52
Hello all,
I have been trying to find fresh info about etihad, especially about scheduling.

1)how many days off/month do narrow body and wide body pilots get?

2) is the 320/319 schedule made up of only turns or are there any lay overs?

3) What are competitive times to get interview?

4) is total time the only factor that determines on which a/c a new hired ends up? ( i think above 2500TT is for A340)

5) I suppose there is a big variety of nationalities in the flight deck and the cabin,am i right?

thanks

shortfuel
6th Jul 2008, 09:26
1) About 10...

2) Round trips and layovers (4 for the time being)

3) càd???

4) Ratings and company needs at the time of joining, if you have an A320 TR, you will probably join on that fleet

5) 120 nationalities in EY so...you are right!

saviboy
6th Jul 2008, 13:42
thanks for the answers.

1)
10 days seems very low. Is it that something due to understaffing or was it always intented for the pilots to have only 10 days off?

2) question 3 was: what does one need to have in their logbook, as far as flight times to be hired nowadays? published minimums or a bit more (or maybe a bit less?)?

thanks

noflare
6th Jul 2008, 14:41
I think you will find 10 days is pretty normal as guaranteed days off per month....in practice you may get more but not much more!

I would be suprised if they accept less than minimums, there are more and more qualified guys appearing on the market..unfortunately it will become an employers market!

eiertola
6th Jul 2008, 16:33
I have my interview end of July, thanx to all of you for the posted infos, do you have any infos about the medical check, is there a little overweight a problem, or any tattoos? Thanx:ok:

saviboy
6th Jul 2008, 16:59
thanks for answering
do the 320 schedules average less days off?
I fly a 320 in the US and average about 15-16 days off a month with 75-85 hours of block time. a lot of lines only have turns with no lay overs. only lines with 24 hours lay overs after 6 hour flights average 13 days off.

is there something I am missing?
can somebody elaborate a little? maybe somebody could PM a typical schedule for 320 and widebody.
thanks a bunch.
just trying to get as much info before I jump ship.
also interested about tattoo question

Cold Soak
7th Jul 2008, 22:55
I'm joining the fleet in August. I'd love a PM on this too if possible. Thanks.

shortfuel
8th Jul 2008, 10:56
You should specify your rank, I can provide an A320 FO roster if you wish.

charger
8th Jul 2008, 20:33
I'm joining the A320 fleet in august. Can you send me a FO roster or an example? This way I know what to expect.

Many thanks

C.

rom
8th Jul 2008, 21:41
Hi Shortfuel....

I would love to se a normal f/o roster if possible...

Thanks

Cheers

grusse
9th Jul 2008, 05:04
Hello Guys just put in my application with EY... 23yrs old ATP 3,200 total
3 airlines in the states, Type on the 320's what are my chances?? if so how long before I heard from them??

Tacolegend
9th Jul 2008, 05:34
must be a spirit guy being furloughed.

EY346Driver
10th Jul 2008, 06:56
I understand we're still hiring full time for the A320 fleet so you guys who are rated and current should get a responce from recruiting pretty fast.

Best of luck to all.

CT7
10th Jul 2008, 23:41
Yes there are layovers on the 320, just dont expect them to be much longer than 13 hrs to maybe a few days for Minsk in the start......

Min 8 days off but expect other days to be stby.....which you dont get paid for now...

Little Horace
12th Jul 2008, 02:02
Hi, we're also doing the "do we, don't we" dance at the moment, then if we do, which one?!?! If someone could PM a roster through for either the B777 or the A320, I'd really appreciate it. I know it's not a bed of roses but people still keep coming, so something has to be OK....

I think it's about being prepared that you won't be living in a bed of roses.....

Cheers

Chandler Bing
12th Jul 2008, 06:43
Hi , first time there....
Joined recently EY, read a lot on these forums.

I thought these guys are spoiled and they can't stop moaning and whining....

But They are right !!!!!!!!!!

I'm in an hotel for the last 4 months with no hope of getting anything decent.
I've been treated like s:mad:t or worse ignored by accomodation dept and bloody kiwi SR.
I've been sent to see Mussafah dumping site full of Pakistani workers , with a view on labour camps.... Disgusting
Very safe for my wife and daughters who are supposed to come....

When SR and his mates will be living there with their families, I may consider !!!!!

Roster wise, A320 F/O's rosters are OK, Captains ones are a nightmare

A few lay overs but hotels suck.

Pay wise, well could be better, and exchange rate doesn't help much . AED is linked to USD......

Life in AUH is quite alright, but hey they have to sort out the accomodation issue, and quick.....

priceless
12th Jul 2008, 11:24
with a view on a huge Mosque and labour camps.... Disgusting

Mosque is not a Disgusting .....

saviboy
12th Jul 2008, 21:32
hello can somenone PM a f/o 320 roster?
thanks

freebie61
14th Jul 2008, 10:06
hi guys..
i have an interview coming up in july..all sounded so great in the package but you guys are scaring me now..housing that bad? pay that bad? i'm thinking of bringing over a family of 4..usairways has to let 300+ of us go..
what's the interview, sim ride, and technical test like?
thxs,
mike..:=

touch_and_go
15th Jul 2008, 10:29
To: Chandler Bing

Worshiping places either mosques, churches or temples are not disgusting. For you to say that shows how arrogant and inconsiderate you are. Please go back home.

shortfuel
15th Jul 2008, 11:13
It has nothing to do with CRM.
And...Chandler clearly implied in his post that a view on a huge Mosque could be somewhat a very negativ view. There is no hatred or fuel dumping, this is only a forum where people react to other's posts.
From what I know, if I don't mean exactly what I write and/or that could lead to misinterpretation, I edit my post ;)

Chandler Bing
15th Jul 2008, 11:34
Hi there

Post corrected, as it seems to be a sensitive subject.

My reference to a mosque was mostly related to the prayers' calls, which are not always synchronized with post flight rests...

I guess angelus bells from a christian church in other countries shall as well be disturbing the same way.

When to choose between a quiet environment and a worshiping place calling for prayer 5 times a day; my guess would be that Non-muslim families would choose the first one, but I may be wrong.

As from the reactions, though I understand frustration, unfortunately, EY needs us more than ever, and will have to sort out accomodation problems, as more and more employees will have to be dealt with, so no need to express that much anger .

nicholasblonde
15th Jul 2008, 23:56
Ironic that US Airways and Spirit guys on here are getting furloughed in our home country due to staggering fuel prices, and meanwhile those same fuel prices are bolstering the coffers of the UAE and other gulf states, leading to the only jobs being over there...full circle globalization. It's like reverse colonialism.

Fuelcock
16th Jul 2008, 07:27
Perhaps you Yanks should start selling them grain at $150/barrel and see how they like it !!!

scud85
16th Jul 2008, 08:55
hi
does anyone know whether ey is hiring f/o's for 777s?

TCAS Shennanigans
19th Jul 2008, 05:23
Hi all,

Upcoming Etihad interview, was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the technical test with regards to what myself and others should be boning up on generaly speaking?

As always, thanks in advance for your assistance and time,

cheers :ok:

Desert_Storm
19th Jul 2008, 13:38
Sure thing mate!
Just reead all the Jeppesen Introduction emphasizing on Documents 8168 and 4444. All the tech questions are based on that part. Good luck!

MikeAlphaNovember
19th Jul 2008, 15:30
....and is there anybody out there, who will share his knowledge on the english test?

lakhnu
19th Jul 2008, 17:22
so what does it take to get an etihad interview.jay

shortfuel
20th Jul 2008, 19:03
It seems that EY got a green ligth from GCAA for its MFF A320/A330.
Some would have started to be CCQued. It will be a slow process of about 4 CCQ/month given the workload of the 330 training dept.

Some people wrote it would not/never happen, in the past. Fortunately, they were wrong, spreading false rumours.

Sometimes, a bit of patience is required.

EY346Driver
20th Jul 2008, 19:27
Shortfuel that's great news. It would have been really dissapointing for all our guys doing the upgrade if management did not fight for the CCQ with the GCAA.

darth sidius
20th Jul 2008, 20:56
Does Anyone Know If Ey Is Hireing B777 F/os And If So How Long Does It Take For Left Seat Option?

global707
21st Jul 2008, 05:03
Does the EY website say that they are looking for Triple F/O's?
Might be worth a look...
:8

John60
23rd Jul 2008, 12:41
Dear Shortfuel, Could you please verify your information regarding MMF 320/330. Do you have any details? No one seems to know anything about it. Are you sure there are guys ccqued at the moment? As you said lets try not to spread false rumors.

Thanks

shortfuel
23rd Jul 2008, 13:31
I will verify my info.
Am not 100% sure and I have edited my post in that way.
But who is/are "no one"?
MFF 320/330 will be a reality by Fall 08, that's solid info.

freebie61
23rd Jul 2008, 17:56
sorry guys but what's mmf?

goeasy
23rd Jul 2008, 18:09
Its a typo... meaning MFF = multi fleet flying

... or its not a typo, and he's referring to another activity involving Male/Male/Female.................................. :=

jet-lag
23rd Jul 2008, 18:40
Guys, I heard from one of the fleet chief MMF on spring 2009( maybe March or April) so.... Dont loose hope....all the new miniBus drivers will go to 330 ( Inshalah !!!)

Keep Recovering !!!!

john negussie
26th Jul 2008, 03:44
Hey Guys......please someone post about the housing situation........I have an interview early Aug.......

rghods
26th Jul 2008, 07:53
They do, if you have an B777,744,757,767 or 737NG ( multi crew ,glass ) expr.
for the right seat these days
Good luck:ok:

RWP
27th Jul 2008, 15:30
Would anyone care to comment on the difference in pay for an F/O on the widebody, vs, a captain on the 320.

Thanks

NG_Kaptain
27th Jul 2008, 18:41
The salaries are posted on the website. It appears that if you are hired on the 320 you can expect to qualify on the 330 within a year.

ozzy89
28th Jul 2008, 15:13
where on the website are the salaries posted? The recruitment page has no links to benefits. Do I have to log in and begin an app to see what the job is worth? Thanks.

Ozzy

NG_Kaptain
28th Jul 2008, 21:21
http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobDetails.aspx

Starting salary of AED 34320 or US$ 9325 per month for Captains and an annual salary increment of AED 700 per month.
Flight duty allowance of AED 50 per flying hour.
Meal allowance during layovers as per the following rates:
-Middle east/ GCC/ Sub continent AED 12 per hour
-Asia/ Far East AED 15 per hour
-Africa/ Australasia AED 18 per hour
-Europe/ Americas AED 23 per hour

mixomax
28th Jul 2008, 23:27
Gretings all,

Coming up for an interview shortly. I am curious about the FO feelings about direct entry Captains.
What is the normal upgrade time ?
How do you guys feel about the mid term future of the airline ?
Is lifetstyle OK in Abu Dhabi ?
One more thing, on a scale of 1 to 10 , how would you rate the combo, work/life in the Emirates ?
Thank you...
:ok:

desertised
29th Jul 2008, 07:02
For those of you considering the delights of AUH I suggest a quick viewing of the following :-

Rents in Abu Dhabi continue to soar - The National Newspaper (http://thenational.ae/article/20080420/NATIONAL/892638918/0/BUSINES)

The National is an English language Abu Dhabi based newspaper.

Be prepared for a long stretch in a hotel room. For those with kids - investigate carefully the availability of school places.

Good Luck

speedtwoten
30th Jul 2008, 05:51
any info regarding DEC for B777 non type rating, and no experience in wide body international flight in ETIHAD :ok:, heard someone from Indonesia without type rated and any experience just joint ETIHAD and given B777 type rating he just have less than 3000 hrs command in B737NG only :confused:, any true about this???:eek: just started ground school on 21/7/2008 :{

triple click
30th Jul 2008, 07:53
yes it is true and get used to it otherwise you will constantly live in frustration here .. bear in mind ey never follows seniority list nor minimum requirements for command when it comes to friends:*

John60
30th Jul 2008, 10:46
Dear Shortfuel, some A320 FO (4?) will go to the A330 very shortly due to shortage on the 330. These guys have been on the 320 for almost a year. This is not to be confused with MFF. Nevertheless this is good news.
Dear Mixomax, regarding time to command this is what I said on a similar thread:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/terms-endearment/329767-etihad-xxx.html? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/terms-endearment/329767-etihad-xxx.html?)
We cannot blame any dec for accepting a job. But the damage is already done. Ey is committed on getting as many dec as they can instead of upgrading within. This year we are on 4 (average) upgrades per month. This is almost half of the number of upgrades we had last year but at the same time dec have more than double. We now have +400 FOs waiting for a command slot.
It is an alarming situation. If no upgrades no FO will join and if not enough FOs there will be no upgrades. Big expansion without fixing this first will change time to command to the worst.
Life in Abu Dhabi is not bad but it is highly related to housing and the location of it.
Job security is very good for as long you are willing to stay here.

Dear Speedtwoten, I have seen worst than that. Guys that haven't flown for up to a year managed to get a job with Ey.

All the best

kamaciwa
30th Jul 2008, 13:37
Other than 320 DEC, there're no skipper in that joining group. A few senior B777 FOs turnned down A330 command waiting for upgrade on Boeing, DEC on that fleet won't be a smart idea.

noflare
31st Jul 2008, 00:06
DEC on B777 is complete BS :}

Relief
31st Jul 2008, 10:57
So we now have a DEC on the 777 while at same time 40% of the 777 FOs are going on the Bigbus to become commanders because of zero 777 vacancies! And the bigbus FOs are going on the smallbus. And this particular gentleman is coming from his 737 direct to the left seat of a 777.
Ok folks welcome to ETIHAD the National mess of UAE. Bxxt over and accept it like a man. This is the only reasonable explanation you will ever get. It is not “their” fault. It is yours. It is yours because you knew from before that they will do it because they can. And they will do it again and again until you get used to it or until you are out.
I hate to say “you were warned” but it is true. Oh and don’t forget to show this gentleman how to fly the plane.

Severely Jetlagged
31st Jul 2008, 11:10
Before this rumour gets out of hand a very important fact;

The Indonesian B737NG Captain joined the B777 fleet as a FIRST OFFICER.

There is no requirement for B777 DECs.

speedtwoten
31st Jul 2008, 17:05
Dear Severely Jetlagged, be sure about it because he told us in Jet Airways where he flown before he is leaving because command position in B777 even we are not believe him, but anyway post it here if he FAILED

Severely Jetlagged
31st Jul 2008, 17:08
100% sure.

First Officer B777. Joins the seniority list for upgrade like everyone else.

speedtwoten
31st Jul 2008, 17:10
GOOD NEWS :ok:

33R
1st Aug 2008, 00:58
Hi guys!

Does anybody know if you apply for a FO position at Etihad in how much time they call you for interview etc.?

flycold
1st Aug 2008, 06:00
what is the competitive hours or background on etihad f/O job?

at least I would like to know average experience of new f/o.

I think they are much more interested in type rated f/o at this moment.

please share any information regard these.

Happy landings!:ok:

-9capt
1st Aug 2008, 06:35
Ten days off a month? Really? Thats it?

Is there any advantage to applying for more than one position? I have 11,000TT with about 6,000 as capt in DC-9's and B-717. Is that anywhere near DEC time?

How's the social scene over there? Is my wife going to be board out of her mind?

Where's the interview conducted? What's the process like?

shortfuel
1st Aug 2008, 07:47
So far...
A320 Capt. something between 70 and 85 block hours.
A320 F/O 45 and 60 block hours.

7 (or 8) (*figures edited) days are the minimum owed to you by regulation...so you can actually expect a lil' bit more.

Interview conducted in Abu Dhabi.

As for the process...it didn't change for a while..so you can review the thread previous pages.

If you have the right requirements + current rating on one of the EY A/C, you could be called few hours after having applied.

kit330
1st Aug 2008, 10:40
shortfuel u must be really short on fuel...or just high on fumes...since when the regulations says 10 days off as min..:= it's 8 or 7 days..depending on how u average it out over 3 mths mate...

funky monkey
1st Aug 2008, 10:42
lowest guy i have heard of is 2000tt. around 1700 320 time.:D
well done to the man

shortfuel
1st Aug 2008, 13:32
Kit330, that's right, figures corrected ;)

Expect average of 11 days off for A230 right seater.

kit330
1st Aug 2008, 13:35
no worries shortfuel...after a long days work, I was just being a :mad: hehehe..

shortbus
2nd Aug 2008, 01:23
Hey guys, first post here. To answer someone's question, I have around 7500tt, 2500 A320 SIC, SIC type. I filled out the app online and had an invitation to interview within 12 hours.
I have an interview the middle of August and I'm planning on taking my wife out with me so she can check out the city, housing, schools, etc... Does any one know which hotel they put the interviewees in???
Thanks, SB

joser2006
2nd Aug 2008, 08:51
They put me in Le Meridien, beside the beach in downtown. But I think is not the same everytime. In the 1st day you´ll have no time. In the 2nd and 3rd you´ll be free by 4 pm.
Not much time, but you could always check something.

joser2006
2nd Aug 2008, 11:21
They put me in Le Meridien, last june. The 1st day you´ll finish at 6-7pm. The 2nd and 3rd at 3pm. Not much time to have a look, but anyway you´ll can check something.

easton87
3rd Aug 2008, 17:06
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone is attending the Assessment day on the 11th August in Abu Dhabi, I am not 21 until the end of the year but have still been invited to attend?

easton87
3rd Aug 2008, 17:27
I am currently living in Abu Dhabi at the moment renting accommodation with my partner (10 mins from airport) therefore I would not need cabin crew accommodation - would I get a housing allowance of some sort? Anybody help?

KRUGERFLAP
3rd Aug 2008, 18:56
Hi,

Try the CABIN CREW forum - This is for Flight Deck Crew.

Good Luck

Cheers

thedude1
4th Aug 2008, 07:30
I applied with 8300TT, 6200 turbine, 4000 Jet large narrow body and heavy jet and a current 747 Capt but Zero glass time. I got the auto reject email in about 12 hours.

KRUGERFLAP
4th Aug 2008, 07:44
Well done IndoPilot Bro!

You're gentleman!

Wellcome to the Sandpit!

Jetjock330
4th Aug 2008, 12:01
EPR SET,
I don't believe this is a problem at all.

mixomax
4th Aug 2008, 13:41
Greetings all,

Anyone with the latest gauge on the tech quiz for EY.
Icao 8168 is a bit dry and lenghty for my summer reading.....
Thank you

Jungle Jet Junkie
4th Aug 2008, 15:56
Hello!!

Been surfing Etihads website and I only find vacancies for Cadet Pilot Programme:ugh:slots. Can anyone point me to an F/O app within the website. Or did they just stop picking guys from the street for direct entry f/o slots.......looks like this is not the case from what I've been reading on recent posts. Maybe I need a checklist to find the app form.
Any help would be appreciated!!!

Jetjock330
4th Aug 2008, 16:22
Try this link (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobListing.aspx) to the pilot recruitment. Click on the "find jobs" and select flight crew.

Jungle Jet Junkie
5th Aug 2008, 03:55
THANK YOU Jetjock(forgot your numbers):ok:

Cold Soak
5th Aug 2008, 08:22
regarding eye limitations, I don't what the limits are but I got through no problems and I'm short-sighted. my worst eye is 5.50 with astigmatism. Other eye 3.25

Hope this helps

C S

picollo
8th Aug 2008, 16:24
Rahul.
I assume you are with Jet. Why would you want to leave Jet?
I am curious as I am trying to get back to India, currently flying the 320 in the US.

PM me if you dont want to post.

Thanks

namngm
15th Sep 2008, 09:27
any ideas if recruitment is still ongoing @ EY?? any contact details for

recruitment i.e. phone numbers?? the head office one seems to be out of

order.:rolleyes:

dmswede
17th Sep 2008, 04:25
Hi gals & boys...

will keep it short and sweet. i have an interview coming up here in a few weeks with etihad. does any one have a gouge or other info that might be helpful for a successful outcome?
Besides myself here at my current airline i know of at least another 10 fellow pilots that are coming over for an interview here shortly. would be nice if we were fully prepared for it since things are going down in a handbasket over here.:ouch: we are all a320 pilots.

any insight and assistance would be greatly welcomed by us all:ok:.

thanks

frankbama
18th Sep 2008, 04:36
Dmswede; read through the whole thread and you can find a lot of info you are looking for. I also PM'd you with info.

linnet
19th Sep 2008, 20:51
Anyone who has recently interviewed recieved a class date? If so in what month? Interviewing in November and I have read through the various posts. Any new/recent gouge would be apreciated.

Thx.

Dashpilot73
20th Sep 2008, 18:57
I see a lot of people are wanting information about upcoming interview with Etihad.. I guess I am in the same boat. I was wondering what ICAO regs I should review also.. anyone got any info on the technical test?:8

Thanks..

namngm
23rd Sep 2008, 09:16
any new info on the EY interview process if any??

Been trying to reach the recruitment office but not able to any ideas??:rolleyes:

Slowflight2008
30th Sep 2008, 00:04
:mad:
FYI Guys , all I have to say is 6 US pilot out of 6 US pilot got send home
and they were not all bad not at all , I will spare you the detail of the sim ride “ for captain “ but it is nothing like you have ever done in the States at least , it is not about flying it s about how much of a beating you can take so remember no United , not Us Airways not jet Blue etc etc …. it doable but think more like Chuck Yeager than smiling jack sorry I had to put it in perspective LOL, the guy seating side way behind you is not name Baba ( that would be really nice ) draw you conclusions… Oh just in case you wonder I did not get send Home , just trying to pass the info that’s all , Take care . :mad: :mad: :mad:

tuskegee airman
30th Sep 2008, 00:30
:confused:

SLOWFLIGHT2008

Why so cryptic?? Can you shed some more light on the process??

auh_to_auh
30th Sep 2008, 04:18
SLOWFLIGHT2008

With out saying it you obviously believe the company has something against American pilots.

Without pretending that Etihad is faultless. I have a simple question for you.

If it was true that they have something against American pilots, a) why would they spend money on roadshows in the US looking for pilots, b) why would they invite them to AUH for interview and use up valuable manpower (sim instructors) and sim time not to mention money for hotels etc if they had no intention on allowing them thru.

Just FYI we do have American pilots not sure of the number, so I will not even try and guess.

AUH

sec 3
30th Sep 2008, 11:23
It's pretty simple. It is a GCAA requirement to be able to fly a raw data ILS on your first company skill test, so that's why you must do one on the recruitment sim check. As for the comment that American pilots are somehow prejudiced against,it's simply a crock of ****. Did Yeager fly an Airbus?

Slowflight2008
30th Sep 2008, 16:27
:DWOW easy switch to decaffe LOL , just telling what happen that’s all, you crack me up some time , Hey have a great day

NG_Kaptain
30th Sep 2008, 16:41
Agree with sec3. If you can, get some sim time and practice raw data until you get proficient. If you have a job now but are looking at furlough soon you should practice hand flying, with no automation only using the bird. EY wants to hire you but you must pass the assessment.

Rock_On
1st Oct 2008, 00:09
It should be rather obvious by now; Americans can not fly airplanes, they can only build them and their components i.e. engines, avionics, brakes....and so on. Aviation in America (the "birthplace of aviation") is slowly coming to an end because of the inferior piloting skills of Americans!

frieghtdog
1st Oct 2008, 03:36
Rock on , since you hate American pilots so much, why did you choose your location as USA, it does not make since
F.D

EY346Driver
1st Oct 2008, 08:13
Rock on, although I'm European and not especially fond of Americans, I find it wrong of you to generilize. There are good operators and bad ones everywhere.

grdproxinop
1st Oct 2008, 15:25
Hi All

I read these posts and at times laugh at them and at others times shake my head in total agreement with them so I have now decided to write something about them giving my point of view.

FYI I am currently flying for EY and within the last 8 months have jumped through all the hoops required to get where I am today, take my advice however you like but this is what I have learnt or seen.

Firstly, no matter where you are coming from in the world be prepared for a shock, the exception maybe if you are coming from another middle east region.

EY is expanding rapidly and use this 'excuse' to explain a lot of their short fallings, from my point of viw I put it down to poor planning and poor communication. One thing you will learn here very quickly is how poor the communication is. Personally I think it is a combination of the wrong people for the job but mainly it is due to the cultural differences between the people working within the company. As you know EY is a relatively new airline and because of it's growth rate alot of pilots have been employed from all over the world, the problem with this is that everyone flew the same aircraft but for different airlines therefore everyone has there way of doing something. It maybe better or it maybe not but unless it is EY SOP's it ain't right, therefore a day at work can be at times frustrating to say the least. The communication problem is not just within Flt Ops either this is through out the entire airline.....

If you are coming to EY for an interview or to start, to ensure your life is a little easier please take note of the following :

For the Interview, know you will have to fly the sim raw data, ( NO AUTOPILOT, NO FLT DIRECTORS, NO AUTO THRUST ) WITH ONE ENGINE INOP FOR AN ILS APPROACH. This is a GCAA requirement. EY doesn't hate US pilots, I think SOME US pilots may have to realise that the world doesn't revolve around them that's all. I personally have nothing against them..........

Ensure you get an eye scan when you turn up for the first time, ( not the interview but when you start ). If your family are to follow ensure they do to regardless of where you are from.

Ensure you have your drivers licence and passport issued from the same country, if you don't it becomes a huge headache and a lot of wasting time and money to get a licence.

Be prepared to do alot of work for yourself, the company don't wrap you in cotton wool and hand everything to ya.

Personally I'm enjoying my time here, at the moment it's down to about 1 day in every 7 where I think what the f*&k have I done where as the month I arrived it was 6 out of 7. It will take you around 6 to 12 months to settle here from what I have heard and I so far would have to agree.

Best of luck to all and I hope to see you in the flt deck soon

thedude1
1st Oct 2008, 19:16
I am thinking most of the US guys that are interviewing are RJ drivers. With the current culture at the commuters, I am not at all surprised that those individuals do not have basic steam gages skills. The last few times I have ridden in the j/s of an RJ the autopilot was heavily in use. Basiclly from flaps up until about 500' AGL.

thedude1
1st Oct 2008, 19:19
Rock On = Troll

Please don't feed the troll.

BrowntailWhale
1st Oct 2008, 20:48
Rock On is Eurotrash. He came here because he's not qualified for an airline job in his mother country.

Rock_On
1st Oct 2008, 20:54
Rock On = Troll

Please don't feed the troll.

Dude! I you are ruining my fun here! Some of these guys (i.e. non US pilots) don't have the IQ to figure that what I wrote was sarcasm.

By the way did I mention that American pilots don't know how to talk on the radio? Just ask any CX pilot (non American) or a HKG ATC controller.

I'll look for you on my "fishfinder" next time I fly in to DXB or HKG or SIN or wherever.

Of course I live in America and fly for an American carrier. I am just amused by reading some of these posts. A monkey can fly an airplane with sufficient training....that's my take anyway.

thankyouthankyou
2nd Oct 2008, 19:31
Browntailwhale I m getting a little turn on by the way you talk ( you sound like a big strong man ) . I would like to invite you to my country you can stay in my apartment with me I will show you a good time .
Hope to get some news from you soon .
;)

Belowclouds
7th Oct 2008, 00:18
Speaking about the interview, do company provide travel and hotel for spouse the same way EK does? Would like to pick this best part of me up to evaluate AUH, but unable to find answer in their homepage. Thanks.

long-gonner
7th Oct 2008, 21:52
At the US roadshow it was said the wife would be welcome to come along, but EY would NOT pay for the ticket. I know other guys have brought the significant along and not had any problems. Does stink that you have to pay for it on your own......

VARIG737
8th Oct 2008, 08:35
Hello Guys,

I am looking for the email of Etihad recruitment team....anyone has it?:ok:

Regards

KRUGERFLAP
9th Oct 2008, 04:42
EK does not provide ticket for wife.But you can share the hotel room,but pay the breakfast,etc and they provide the visa for her.

shortfuel
15th Oct 2008, 11:14
It's a professional rumour network here not the internet version of a british tabloid...

PPL152
17th Oct 2008, 13:29
Hey all

I have been reading this thread for quite some time, and it is dominated by bad comments about etihad. Can someone shed light on the good side of etihad? What is positive about etihad? Is it all gloom and doom as decribed here? Or Are people expecting too much out of the airline?

Thx, happy landings!

Leboeuf
18th Oct 2008, 13:17
Hi guys, does anyone know if the interviews have started up again ?
I applicate online 2 months ago but still no answer... although I have all the papers requirements...
tks

KRUGERFLAP
18th Oct 2008, 14:05
IF is it for DEC ,they are still hiring(Info by John60) and as For F/O they are still doing interviews and hiring if you have time in any Airbus 320,319,321,330,340 or B777,B767,B737NG.Do another update on your application to force than to look again over your profile.

Leboeuf
18th Oct 2008, 14:54
Thanks ,
Lots of arcrafts have been ordered this years and I presume upgrades will go pretty fast in the future (considering DEC have stopped).
How long are you presently awaiting for a command in EY ?

I've heard there are still big problems with the company provided accomodation but if an expat would like to rent a villa 3/4 BR which area would you suggest?

tiger king
18th Oct 2008, 15:53
You will get nothing with the allowance that is given. The prices are way
beyond anybody's budget. The company has an eye closed on it.

Overall the housing is still in a mess.If you are coming with a family
please check in advance before you make the move.

Leboeuf
18th Oct 2008, 16:12
yes I know about the accomodation issiues,this is why I am asking about other expat areas in Abu Dhabi where I can rent by myself (and family)a villa,adding some extras wouldn't be a problem... if it is worth.

John60
18th Oct 2008, 17:24
Dear KRUGERFLAP, you are giving wrong information. Let's not influence anyone's decision by making wrong statements.
People don't want to hear promises given by our management, they want to know the FACTS. And the facts are that DECs were interviewed in September and October. We are getting DECs and we have filled all slots till January next year. Meanwhile there are NO UPGRADES since June.

Dear Leboeuf, present time to command is 3years average only if commands were available today. If you were about to join today you could expect 5 years before command assuming a rate of 80 upgrades per year but then again we all know this is not going to happen. Regarding accommodation take the company apartment. Regardless of the area 160k will not get you a Villa.

KRUGERFLAP
18th Oct 2008, 20:19
Thanks for Clarify.Somebody is a liar in the management.

Sir Osis of the river
18th Oct 2008, 21:34
What about the guys in the sim right now doing upgrades?

Severely Jetlagged
19th Oct 2008, 02:44
What about the 2 B777 First Officers who commenced their A330 upgrade 7 October?

I do know that no DECs have been invited for an assessment since 1 July. Those interviewed recently were invited before then.

Tintin
19th Oct 2008, 14:24
Is there any Quebecois left @ EY?

John60
19th Oct 2008, 20:40
Dear Severely Jetlagged, B777 FOs have been in the upgrade process since last winter. Coming from a different fleet there is a GCAA requirement to fly 300 hours from the right seat before transfer to the Left. These Guys have been in the Company +3 years and if am not wrong they were the last batch of B777 FOs to benefit from Cross fleet upgrade.

What different does it make if DECs were invited before or after 1 July. The FACT is they have invited as many to fill all starting classes until year end and they are now interviewing DECs for next year. Meanwhile NO UPGRADES within.

frieghtdog
19th Oct 2008, 21:58
John 60 is speaking the truth , I interviewed at the end of July and we where two F.O with six Captains ,all made it .

Leboeuf
20th Oct 2008, 14:02
How long is the waiting time for the interview at present ?
I am on the 320 , do they follow a "seniority list" for the upgrade on the 320 ?

Laker
20th Oct 2008, 14:08
I think you will have to wait 2-4 months for an interview. Sounds like they are getting a little backed up. As for upgrade I believe it will be quite long. They claim to be upgrading 6 pilots per month. With approximately 700 guys on the seniority list I think you would be looking at roughly 5 years to command. The problem is that unlike EK, EY will continue to hire DEC's.

EY346Driver
20th Oct 2008, 16:18
Err..... your arithmatic is wrong mate. We're 700 pilots altogether, including captains.

Sir Osis of the river
20th Oct 2008, 17:21
John60,

The two in the sim right now that I know of are not B777, but joined two years ago on the Airbus. So upgrades go on???

jet-lag
20th Oct 2008, 19:29
Guys....

The line to got 4 bars at this moment, I did all the maths should be around
3 Years. But the issue about DEC can make it a bit longer.
Anyway 3 or even 4 it is not that bad....

Laker
21st Oct 2008, 01:11
EY346Driver,

I know you have roughly 700 pilots. I believe I stated that in my post. My guess of 5 years to command was based on the fact that EY seems to hire so many DEC's. But I'm on the outside looking in. Just a guess on my part. How long do you think it would take a new hire to upgrade?

vivace
21st Oct 2008, 02:46
Has anyone considered that expansion and orders may slow down with the reduced passenger loads that must be on the horizon? Even mideast airlines will not fly half empty planes no? Economic down turn in the high traffic areas(India, Europe etc) means less loads, surely this means a freeze in expansion for now at least. This will directly affect your upgrade predictions, no expansion= aircraft crew numbers correct which in turn = no more upgrade. If this is the case, watch out for a 2-3 year freeze. The economic mess just hit us within the last month,it will take a few months for the airline anaysts to see pax loads down,for example early 09. At that point I wouldnt be surprised to see a slow down or pause in expansion for EK/EY/QR,in which case upgrades and movement will cease. If the FOs upset,so what...no ones hiring.Dream situation for management of these airlines,finally they have a low worldwide demand for pilots. Soon to be in the era of being grateful for a job rather than worrying which seat youre in. Just a thought,surprised it not been brought up yet.