PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

NTM
15th Nov 2009, 19:37
CB, you just have been exposed to what a BSer you are!!
I would recommend that you shut the F... Up, from now on !!! You would only prove what an idiot you are.

Stop the B.S postings. Resign from EY, if you even work there, and GET A LIFE !!!
You obviously hate it there. Dont let the door kick you on the way out !!

Later,

PS: Congrats Saviboy on the job and on exposing CB.
but again, it wouldnt be PPrune without people like him.

FlyingOW
16th Nov 2009, 02:26
Saviboy,

Congrats on the A320 job! What may I ask is your experience level/ type? Are you a DEC or FO? Cheers,

OW

Chandler Bing
16th Nov 2009, 02:40
Let's see then since you are so clever......
As far as BS is concerned , it's what EY is all about..... thus good luck....

Get a life ???? in UAE, who do you think you are kidding ? You haven't been here long enough

Get back in the office NTM and don't get a life, people would have to deal with you.

As far as training classes is concerned, November classes have been approached with A330. Why would the A320 pilots be that pis:mad:d ?
new joiners and a few A320 pilots know eachother, so BS it's not.....

You can hide behind your office desk ...no matter what...

Being a new joiner in EY is like playing the lottery, you may be lucky and get A330 or really unlucky and have the A320. there are no rules there and Saviboy, if you get the chance to get A330, well good for you, really, it's a huge difference in lifestyle. fly like a bird or like an owl.....

Good luck

EY346Driver
16th Nov 2009, 04:52
Chandler, EY employed you to fly the A320

Does your contract have a clause saying that EY cannot employ other pilots on other fleets (A330, A340 or B777) before they offer you a slot on those fleets?

Didnt think so, I therefor suggest you stop acting like a spoilt little brat and get on with it. At the end of the day if you dont like it please feel free to pack your bags and kindly bu@@er off.

sec 3
16th Nov 2009, 05:28
Wow, you really fly the 346? You should know contracts in the ME have less value than toilet paper, specially at EY with the present management:}

EGGW
16th Nov 2009, 05:33
EY346Driver, kindly cut down on the aggressive attitude please. Most Gulf Airlines dangle the proverbial carrot of join on the small plane and get on the bigger shinier ones as well. Of course rules get changed, people get upset :ugh: Same same at all ME airlines.

Keep it calm please.

EGGW

iflysky
16th Nov 2009, 09:45
Hey Chandler, I am starting to wonder if you are working at EY at all. You are staring to dig a hole for yourself.
4 A320 FO slots were planned for Nov. (every A320 EY pilot knew that and their grandmother). The latest seniority list shows just that - 4 A320 FO newhires.
Now, if you were employed here you would simply know that. But anyway keep on trolling, it fun to read your BS anyway.... good beer material.

Cheers.

NTM
16th Nov 2009, 11:07
CB,

I am not an office guy. And as far as being in the UAE, I have been here a while. And let me tell you that, it has been by choice. (Not because I had no job or a ****ty one, like you probably had)

I chose the UAE and EY and you know what, I do like it here !!!
I know, you must be really disturbed by that comment..Not everybody has what it takes to be here. My secrets are an open mind, patience and being an adult is kinda of a strict requirement..

You made it very clear that YOU dont have what it takes to be here... So you just can pack up your bags and head on out of here!! That's freedom for you...You keep claiming, there is none here. Go ahead, you can go !!
Dont forget your croonies on the way out..
I dont say it's perfect, but show me ONE place that is..

Life is too short for you to be miserable!!
So again, GO GET A LIFE ELSEWHERE !!!
Unless posting your useless rants on prune is YOUR LIFE !! Then Enjoy yourself !!!
One other thing, when you refer to EY pilots, Do not use the word inmates.

jimmyg
16th Nov 2009, 11:46
http://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/h_latest.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/b_nextpgof.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/b_returnlist1.gif (javascript:BackToList();)http://www.rati.com/images/n_spacer.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/b_previouspgof.gif article 1 of 1 http://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifhttp://www.rati.com/images/dotclear.gifDUBAI 09: Etihad makes broad $750 million investment
Jon Ostrower, Dubai (16Nov09, 12:17 GMT, 290 words)
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways announced a major $750 million investment package as the carrier celebrates its sixth anniversary.
The major investment covers the areas of workforce, fleet, in-flight service, as well as its planning and resourcing systems.
While the specifics of the investments were not detailed, Etihad chief executive James Hogan announced a seven-point improvement plan across the whole of the airline as the show progresses.
First, Etihad has signed a contract with Panasonic to feature the eX2 in-flight entertainment system on the airline's new Airbus A330-300 and Boeing 777 widebodies scheduled for delivery from December 2009 and 2011, respectively.
Second, the airline signed a $200 million contract with International Aero Engines to provide overhaul and repair service for 14 Airbus narrowbodies now in Etihad's fleet.
Third, Lufthansa Technik was selected to install new first-class suites on nine of Etihad's A340s. The airline is expected to announce today that its first-class cabins will feature B/E Aerospace first-class suites.
Fourth, Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies will upgrade the airline's 777 and Airbus A320 fleets, which will involve replacing and reconfiguring economy-class seating. Etihad's 777s will feature 10-abreast seating, up previously from nine abreast. Etihad is expected to announce today that it has selected the Thales' i5000 IFE system on its existing 777 and A320 fleets.
Fifth, Etihad will invest $250 million with SR Technics to provide easy access to more than 300 aircraft components at the airline's Abu Dhabi hub and key outstations.
Sixth, Lufthansa Systems will introduce a new flight-planning system, enabling the airline to reduce its fuel costs by up to 5%, cutting emissions and benefiting from a more efficient flight planning process.
Finally, Kronos will automate and optimise planning and management processes for Etihad's 4,000 cabin and flight crew.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

saviboy
16th Nov 2009, 12:38
guys, it s obvious that CB' s problem is that he didn t get laid in a long time ;)
Chandler when I get there, we ll go out for a drink, maybe I can teach you a trick or two on how to catch a good looking woman :)

now to a more important topic:

"Finally, Kronos will automate and optimise planning and management processes for Etihad's 4,000 cabin and flight crew."

has anybody used Kronos?

Chandler Bing
16th Nov 2009, 13:35
Not looking for good looking girls, but handsome guys, sorry mate..........
I guess you don't bother......

pauli767
17th Nov 2009, 07:21
CB, are you a CUM guzzler? Just asking.... No biggy.

Chandler Bing
17th Nov 2009, 10:24
So classy.....

RainbowLorikeet
25th Nov 2009, 15:53
Hi guys,

Trying to get some info on the interview process :confused:

Anyone with recent details/tips/questions being asked in the tech quiz... or any other tips for the whole assessment, please PM. :8

Thanks...

Blue skies! :cool:

AFD
25th Nov 2009, 16:40
did you get an invitation for an interview?
and if so which fleet?

junglie-driver
29th Nov 2009, 08:29
Hear they're only after experienced A330 drivers for the immediate future, any truth in the rumour.... cheers JD

flynhigh
30th Nov 2009, 07:21
Can someone please tell me how many hours do FO's fly per month. Thanks...

flynhigh
30th Nov 2009, 16:24
Thanks for your info....Would they hire in A330 if your time is only on baby Bus. I have over 2500 in A320 and 0 on A330 would they give a option to new hires. Thanks again for your time.

RemoveB4Flght
1st Dec 2009, 00:09
no.. only if you are current and typed on the 330 will you get that fleet.

Boeing 777-300ER
1st Dec 2009, 12:38
If you are on the 320 you will work till you are exhausted. 70-90+ hours, mostly night turnarounds

Is the fleet understaffed?

goeasy
2nd Dec 2009, 13:47
Rumours have it that the 320 pay structure is being reviewd to raise it in line with wide-bods. Either replacing flight pay with sector pay, or paying the AUH 'layovers' as away layovers. Could be intreresting, and related to the number of senior pilots wanting xfer to 320/330 roster...... :confused:

Dashpilot73
2nd Dec 2009, 14:29
That will be a good raise.. :)

flynhigh
2nd Dec 2009, 14:51
I thought the pay is the same for all fleets be it A320/A330/B777. Now the flight hour may make your your pay different if you fly more...From what I am getting the A320 guys fly more...Am I missing something here guys..sorry to ask.

Severely Jetlagged
2nd Dec 2009, 15:18
The Captain/First Officer basic salary and flight pay is exactly the same no matter which aircraft type you are flying, which is fair. Having compared my take home salary to an A320 Captain, my layover allowances were understandably higher but then his flight pay was higher.

ItsAjob
2nd Dec 2009, 15:25
Any A320 guys being called for interview?
If so when did you apply?

RemoveB4Flght
2nd Dec 2009, 15:51
they basic salary is the same, however suppose a 320 pilot and a 340 pilot flew the same number of hours in a month, the 340 pilot would make several hundred dollars more in layover money (and most likely have more days off)

EY wants to eliminate fleet envy by not directly paying more based on the size of the aircraft, which is good, but the 320 fleet invariably flies more due to the shorter segments. The basic pay is good on any fleet, and the main reason most pilots want to transfer is the improved schedule on the widebodies.

Severely Jetlagged
2nd Dec 2009, 16:18
No A320 girls or guys being called for interview. At present only rated A330/340 and a few B777 First Officers being called.

flynhigh
2nd Dec 2009, 16:31
Oh ok I see what you guys are saying...Thanks for clearing it up.

ShirleyNot
2nd Dec 2009, 17:06
Do you get any over-time pay for say 75 hours+ a month?

shortfuel
2nd Dec 2009, 21:14
but then his flight pay was higher.

How come? Either you don't fly much or he flies too much!
To be fair, A320 pay structure should be also indexed to sectors flown.
In 7 hours flight time period, A320 skippers can do up to 6 T/O and LDG where LR/ULR skippers do only one, is that fair to get the same salary?
Why is it normal to consider that some maintenance costs (ENG, L/G...) are function of cycles and not the crew?

iflysky
3rd Dec 2009, 07:56
If thats the case that is excellent news for the 320 drivers. It's a paradox that the most hard working fleet gets paid the lowest. 330/340 fo's make just about the same cash as 320 skippers. At least if nothing else, that will have something going for the good-ole tuc-tuc :ok:

flight0813
6th Dec 2009, 16:49
Can anyone tell me how aggressively Etihad is hiring? I am looking at the careers page and for qualifications it states;
a) A minimum of 1500 hours total flying time and a minimum of 1000 hours on multi crew,glass cockpit jet aircraft of which 500 hours should be on the A320 .....
b) Preference would be given to candidates with Airbus experience.
The two statements contradict each other.
I have 1900 total and 700 CRJ time (U.S. time). Can anyone tell me if my application would be considered?
Thank You in advance.

Severely Jetlagged
6th Dec 2009, 17:10
I would describe Etihad recruitment as ticking over at the moment, certainly not aggressive.

You are looking at a very long wait with that experience given there are so many available A320 drivers out there.

j32wreck
6th Dec 2009, 17:54
There is no shortage of applicants who have double and triple your total time just on the 320. You are a few years from a chance at an interview. Your approach of looking at all options for advancing your career will serve you well. Good luck.

auh_to_auh
7th Dec 2009, 06:45
flight0813,

agree with the above posts but,

The two statements contradict each other.

I fail to see the contradiction.

Good luck

AUH

JB007
7th Dec 2009, 21:57
Would someone in the know just confirm for me that all sim rides, including us Boeing Plebs, are done on the A330?!

Cheers
JB

Severely Jetlagged
8th Dec 2009, 01:51
B777 applicants will have their sim ride in the B777 sim.

JB007
8th Dec 2009, 13:14
Thank you Jetlagged

Could I ask if the Jepps General book that gets referred to on here as a helpful study guide is the Jeppesen A&P Technician General Textbook in its full title! Just before I part with my hard earned money...!!!!

Thanks!

Dashpilot73
8th Dec 2009, 16:23
JB007

I would just down load Nat Track information, study up on the specific bird your going to be interviewing for. Also, know your black box items...

ShirleyNot
10th Dec 2009, 15:50
Its all very quiet, are Etihad still recruiting or has anyone who recently put their application in missed the boat?

milehighdriver
10th Dec 2009, 16:54
They had a few assessments during november for A330 FO's. They are also holding interviews in Jan for current rated A330 FO's.

AFD
10th Dec 2009, 18:14
what about 320's drivers recruitment?

Chandler Bing
11th Dec 2009, 00:35
Buy a rope and hang yourself in your house !!!!!!!!
Anything is better than EY A320, even Afghanistan war zone........at least you get to sleep in the same place......when you get a chance to survive

Chandler Bing
11th Dec 2009, 00:37
Let's see how many yesmen or management guys we have here......

Boeing 777-300ER
11th Dec 2009, 04:50
Chandler Bing, is the reason due to lack of crew on the Airbus 320?

Sir Osis of the river
11th Dec 2009, 06:59
Boeing 777-300er:

If you read back through Chandler's posts you will realize that you can disregard about 90% of what he rants about. If he had actually gone and done some flying in Afghanistan, he would not have posted his last comment!:=

Regarding the A320, I am not sure, but I dont think they are that short of crew. I understand the issues are more to do with the roster patterns which involve a lot of night turn-arounds to the Asian subcontinent. Understandably the crew eventually have enough of these and when you do three of these in a row, fatigue sure starts to set in.

Unfortunately, that is the nature of the A320 job description.

(Hat, coat, door........)

fishbath21
11th Dec 2009, 09:15
Dear Pilots,

I really appreciate if anyone can advise me with 500hrs of b737-200 and TT of 2100hrs (FAA-ATPL) how can I get into Etihad airways. Are they recruiting now? if yes or not then how can I get in? I really appreciate it

ShirleyNot
11th Dec 2009, 15:43
Any news of any further recriutment for 330/340 next year, Im 330/340 rated and meet all the minimum hours requirements.

adibism
20th Dec 2009, 13:27
hi, can anyone here tell me further more about what pricing analyst in etihad actually do? ur reply and advise is much appreciated :)

Severely Jetlagged
20th Dec 2009, 15:27
Fishbath,

Etihad are recruiting First Officers. Unless you are type rated on one of our fleets your chances are very slim right now. There is a one off non-rated interview coming up but you would not qualify for that.

The type rating is probably your best bet.

Good luck

Severely Jetlagged
20th Dec 2009, 15:30
ShirleyNot

There will be A330/340 First Officer interviews next year. You may well have the minimum requirements but so do an awful lot of other qualified rated pilots so don't be too disheartened if you do not hear as soon as you expect to.

huncowboy
20th Dec 2009, 17:16
So I guess they will be looking for 330/340 types only? Absolutely no hiring for the 320?

cf680c2b
20th Dec 2009, 19:59
....And what about those 777s coming. Who will be placed on those - new hires or internal fleet transfer?

If its going to be new hires, I don't imagine there are that many 777 rated guys on the market for a new job.

Severely Jetlagged
21st Dec 2009, 01:34
There will be hiring on the A320.

The B777s are not coming until the second half of 2011 so its too early to say.

kanshilo
21st Dec 2009, 13:49
Gentlemen

I have been reading all of the thread and now have a quite good understanding of what to expect, however as I am scheduled for an F/O A330 interview at the end of Jan I would like to get the latest information on what is being asked and what to expect in the Sim.

Thanks a lot for your help and all the best. :)

mkfmbos
24th Dec 2009, 11:36
you tell me one person who works for an airline in the middle east and is happy with management. You tell me one person that works for the airlines in the west thats happy with management. Hard to find. Tell me one person who has worked in the middle east and now works back in the west who isn't happy with their current managment. also hard to find

spanishfly69
24th Dec 2009, 14:43
mkfmbos, they are not hard to find. I do know many pilots who went back west and dislike their managements very much. Some of them even regret going back...

Boeing 777-300ER
2nd Jan 2010, 06:06
Happy New Year and many more to all.

Are there any plans to recruit DEC's on the A320?

shortfuel
2nd Jan 2010, 06:53
Based on a resource plan that is subject to change, 16 A320 F/O (40 on A330) and no DEC on Airbus for 2010.

flynhigh
28th Jan 2010, 00:48
Hello All

I am thinking about joining EY as a First Officer, but before I waste mine or their time I wanted to get some feed back from guys who are already working at EY.
I fly as First Officer on A320 for operator in U.S.A. I am around 1200 out of 2100 pilots . The upgrade is 5 or 6 years from now as we have slowed our growth. I been here for 4 years now. I get about 14 days OFF a month and somtimes I overnight at home so I am home around 16 to 17 days a month. As far as pay goes. I credit around 90 to 95 hours a month and block around 80 to 84 hours. My rate for the first 78 hours of credit is at $91.00 per hour...
91x78=$7098.00 USD anything above 78 hour is paid at 150% $136.50. So for 90 hours credit a month my pay is around $8736.00USD. They also pay us $13.00 USD hour for flying redeyes and that comes to around $300.00 to $400.00 a month and another $600.00 a month in perdiem. So all in all I make about $9636.00 a month and take out about $2500.00 in tax so I bring home around 7k a month. We have 401k we put 5% than company match the 5% and they give us another 5% in form of profitsharing regardless if company profits or not...So far they have..thank god. I have over 8000 hours total time Typed on A320/EMB-190/and CRJ-200. I have about 760 hours PIC on A320 and over 2000 as FO, and been instructor/Check Airman on all 3 types. Also I am 38 years old married with 1 child. Would it be good idea to come to EY as a A320 FO....would I make the same pay....I was told EY FO make more . How long would it take to move to different fleet as I really dont want to fly A320 for rest of my life if I dont have too. Thanks a million in any feed back, and fly safe.

Chandler Bing
28th Jan 2010, 09:45
Carefull...
When you express concerns on flight safety and/or criticize management, threads vansih on pprune...... Hogan management thread had disappeared today.
It gives you a good idea of how good and relaxing it can be to be working for Etihad. Freedom of speech is non existent. You get fired or get final warning for the slightest mistake.
There is no protection for you or your beloved ones.

Should you leave a job in the civilized world, just be carefull, the grass is no greener on the other side...there is no grass here

OMDB-PiLoT
28th Jan 2010, 09:49
I think you're safe where you are. :ok:

iflysky
28th Jan 2010, 10:46
For the money aspect of things, you will not make that much more at EY. 320FO's on average pocket about ~ USD 7800. Wide body guys around ~ USD 9000 or so, cause of layovers (but remember halve of that gets pissed away anyway at layovers, unless you slam-click). Of course it is not taxed and on top of that you get a housing allowence/accomodation, nevertheless the UAE's economic infrastructure is designed to suck the money right back into the same pocket it came from. Your savings ability depends heavily on your lifestyle level, you can save some but not all.
Right now the 320 fleet is mess. You will never have 14 days off here on the 320. The rostering is pathetic and the morons that run it are worse. No regard to fatigue, safety, human factors at all. Sometimes, I wonder which hole they dug them out of. The only way to impprove your live is to get off this aircraft, period. So basically the 320 fleet comes down to the survival of the fittest. Either you bail back home or take it up the a@@ for 2+ years, before they transfer you (or whatever is left of you) over to the widebody.

Hoggtart
31st Jan 2010, 17:41
Pay heed to what Chandler Bing says, he is wise beyond his years! as an example a member of crew was recently fired because they were found in possession of an etihad toothpick! I am serious.:D

sharon_t24
1st Feb 2010, 10:07
hi all,
i would like to know whether the cade pilot programme are recruiting currently as well as the application procedure.
is applying online the only way to registr ??

hongabonga
2nd Feb 2010, 05:36
all i can say that it is a fish market controlled by a bunch of stupid oz's which dunno what they r doin but all they know is that in the end of each month they're getiin 1000000000000 of dirhams in their pockets which makes them happy since they use to get less back in burgerking in australia LMFAO

etihadceo
3rd Feb 2010, 10:45
.... and yet another VP!! Thats where our bonus has gone!:8

tonker
3rd Feb 2010, 13:03
Can anyone with a family give some sort of idea of typical monthly expenses. Based upon what they say they will pay for kids at school, i already expect to sub the education by £500 per month so that and a car are a given.

What else forms your monthly budget?

Regards Tonker

All PM's appreciated:ok:

skytrek21
3rd Feb 2010, 16:24
Hi Guys,

I would like to know if there's hiring going on still at EY. What's the current scenario. I am in the process of filling out the online app. Currently have 1000 hrs on A320 and 2400 TT. Kindly tell me what the chances would be to get called for an interview. Please any replys or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards
SKy

unergokhan
4th Feb 2010, 16:33
Hi to everyone. I m writing from Turkey.Flying for Onurair.Currently i have 3300 tt and 3100 on A320/321 type,full Icao ATPL.I have applied for 320 and still waiting for a reply.What is my chances to get an interview and if you could please give some details of the assesment.

Thank You.

Chandler Bing
5th Feb 2010, 04:27
Carefull, Ey A320 fleet is as bad as any european charter and worse than most of the low cost carriers.
Career prospect is non existent, even if they lure you with A330 or command, which will never occur before 4 years for A330 and 8 to 10 years for command, even if aircrafts are delivered.
Add fear management, cabin crew being fired for having an EY toothbrush in the bag for instance, new performance based system that will lower your salary if you don't fly on OFF days, illegal, extend duty, violate weather minimum , fuel and FDP, lick your fleet chief's ass, run minimum fuel ......
If you have a decent job at home, do your homework prior to make the decision to come here.
You have been warned, don' complain after joining.

sony
5th Feb 2010, 05:35
how can command at ey be 8-10 years??

AFD
5th Feb 2010, 08:10
chandler you seem to be the only one who is complaining about etihad
have you ever noted that many people is complaining about qatar,while not so many about etihad?
there must be a reason i think

did you see that etihad is having 4 command upgrade per month,is that an existent career prospect?
what would the command upgrade figures be like from the 2011/2012 with an average of two new aircraft delivered per month?
try to be positive and to see the half glass full,rather than always half empty

unergokhan
5th Feb 2010, 11:42
Well im not single so i reckon i should file a divorce :O carrer comes first:O

unergokhan
5th Feb 2010, 12:13
Well besides da jokes seriously guyz the situation with my company at the moment is that they have ordered 2 330-300 for april and da 3 rd one coming at june 1.chief pilot has scheduled me for the upgrade for 330 but the planes will be wet lease for saudii airlines through out the whole year jeddah base:uhoh:.15 dayz on 15 dayz of at one of the nice mediterranean shores of the turkish side:O when you think of another point of view.I just want to know will it be worth it to change companies leaving your home country for one of the major growing airlines in the world(I am an optimistic for etihad) evaluating i will probably getting my upgrade for a captains seat A330 at 2012 when i complete my 4500 tt at the current company.Since i have just turned 30 time is no prospect thinking etihad wise.

thank you all for your advice.....

Chandler Bing
5th Feb 2010, 17:04
AFD, just do the math, 450 first officers in front of you if you join now and 4 upgrades a month ( including the failures ...alot...) gives you around 48 per year....

450 / 48 is around 9 years, isn't it ???
There has never been more than 4 upgrades a month even when we were getting 12 aircrafts a year, because of training capacity.

And watch out the resignations of instructors, A330 /A340 and A320...talking of training capacity.

if it suits you to believe in their lies, good for you....

And don't complain after you join, as you have been warned....

frankbama
13th Feb 2010, 17:09
Chandler may be the only one posting because if your on the 320 here your to damn tired to post with the one day off after the flip flops that go on and on. You would think we work for a cargo company with the way the roaster changes. I am at 90 hours for the month and have two days together, finally. If your going to be on the 320 don't come. It's depressing.

Chandler Bing
15th Feb 2010, 16:45
Was in HR today and A320 TRIs start resigning.......
If pilots start to leave while there is an economic downturn, what will it be when it starts hiring everywhere.....?
JM will be busy trying to lie again to recruit and make vain promises of quick command and widebody.....
Let's wait and see, the near future shall be interesting......
Experience is vanishing from A320 skippers , the remaining being either exhausted, demotivated or poorly trained by either low hours or brown noser yesmen trainers, and cadets come on the right hand seat....good recipe.....
Rostering will be a disaster very soon.... and the guys taking care of it are useless......

Good luck to all

Eff Oh
18th Feb 2010, 09:09
Hi Guys

Any idea when the Etihad get their next B777???

EO

unergokhan
20th Feb 2010, 06:44
Firstly thanks all for the advises guyz.I have been called up for the march interview and already have read the early posts i have no question on the technical side of the process.Just wanna know especially from the latest guyz who joined in how was there sim session.Will be so glad if you can tell me about the process.

Thanx.

ShirleyNot
20th Feb 2010, 08:10
EY are interviewing in March? Really?

unergokhan
20th Feb 2010, 10:26
definitely:ok:. got the email 2 dayz ago.15-19 22-26.

Chapitas
20th Feb 2010, 10:35
are you A330 or A320 rated???...thanks

unergokhan
20th Feb 2010, 10:39
I am 320 rated total 3300 of 3100 on type full Icao Jaa Atpl licence.

saviboy
26th Feb 2010, 03:48
apparently, only A320 FO hiring for the remainder of the year. an A330 holding pool has been created.

iflysky
26th Feb 2010, 14:52
Also rumour has it, 20 A320 guys put in their resignations. And this is all during a global economic recession. Can you immagine when the market picks up again. Nice to have the 320 type as there are jobs now almost on all 7 continents. Oh well the've been warned. Then again what do we know, we are just jet drivers..........

saviboy
26th Feb 2010, 18:37
I have flewn twice and I already know of 3 320 guys resigning.
as you say before the next pilot shortage arrives which should be in 2 years according to flightglobal and should last like no other before.
we just have to hope that EY management is aware of that and is anticipating it..... :rolleyes:

iflysky
26th Feb 2010, 19:11
I doubt about any anticipation from EYs side . Rest assured it was the "EY ego" that got in the way. They recruited a lot of good, dedicated, professional pilots that want and very much deserve to be treated like professionals. However, getting treated like labour cattle doesn't really send out a good vibe to all trying to make this place a career spot for sometime. Combined with the fact you are an expat in a far foreign country and now with very limited, blocked career prospects for the 320 guys who in the right mind from a western world would want to stay here ???????
If its true about 20 guys resigning, well it just very much shows you the seriousness of the problem. At around 100 320 fo's on the list at this point it is not just your typical attrition and the usual complainers jumping ship.

saviboy
27th Feb 2010, 12:15
is it 20 Fo's or captains or mixed?
regardless 20 is hugge considering that we are in a slow employment market

GF4RCE
2nd Mar 2010, 23:15
Firstly i would like to say Hello to everyone here

I would appreciate if anyone here would tell me the chances of getting called for an interview with Etihad. I'm currently an FO on the A320 with about 650 hrs on type (T.T around 1700 with 500 on B737). Have a degree in Aviation management - human factors and currently undertaking a master degree (dist Ed. from Uni NSW, Aus). The rest of my Flying was in GA Australia / Africa..... and yes I am single :ok: I also have ICAO C.A.S.A Aust. and JAR Frozen ATPL which both are in the process of getting unfrozen.

On my application status it says 'under Review' for a while now but I have no idea of the waiting period..:confused::confused::confused:
and what is the realistic period before one transitions from the A320 to the A330/340??

Chandler Bing
3rd Mar 2010, 04:03
Since when does EY management says any truth ? They have been lying and continue to do so..... a few Virgin A340 F/O's have been promised command within 18 months, over any seniority issue.....
People are refusing to go MFF A320, despite the lies....
If it suits you to believe them, fine, don't compell the others who have enough judgement and self esteem to do so.

Attrition rate is slow.....but constant and it affects experienced people...it's not a good sign, in any airline, in any business whatsoever.
If you loose the experience and the trainers, do you really think that it will improve the future of the airline ?
EY is recruiting Japanese cabin crew for Japan operation launch who can't speak a word of english.... CM are taken out of the A320 , replaced by CS, we operate with less cabin crews on a lot of destinations.
Flight deck training standards is at its lowest since EY was created thanks to the french speaking MFT's.
Pilots demoted from captain's seat get it back without assessment and will fly with cadets ....... at night after the 3rd night in the monsoon...... :ugh::=
Finance has a budget for the 1st major incicent to happen....
Ey is not trying to avoid it, it's forecasting it, worse, planning and budgetizing it....:(:yuk:

EY is managed on a day to day basis, in order to show good finance stats and our VP's and above to get their bonuses, despite that your working conditions deteriorate, your T&C's erode ( watch this space for a big surprise shortly on allowances ....) and your careers prospects that were allegedly promised to you are vanishing in the name of the bigger picture or different passports.....

Good luck

NTM
3rd Mar 2010, 08:51
CB,

I just can't believe that some FOs would have been given promises to a faster upgrade than most, bypass a whole seniority system in place and think nothing of it.
IF they were made that promise (a big IF), then they deserve to be disappointed. Who would go to a company and accept that back handed deal and screw his fellow pilots? A :mad: ,that s who!

CB , I believe that you are hearing half stories and that you are making up the second half to suit your needs. You already have been exposed. Some of the stuff you are spewing makes no sense at all.
Go to page 56 of this thread and read posts 1105-1109.

And added to that fact, that you are ranting about EK in the same manner leads me to believe that you work for neither.
Let it go. We got you loud and clear...
But if you do work at EY, there are ways to make it better. Just give it a try.
Because if you do keep your present course, you are becoming the dangerous type to fly with.

Later,

msauae
6th Mar 2010, 18:06
is G H out?

frankbama
6th Mar 2010, 23:24
Those not on the 320 have no clue.
I flew 97 hrs in Feb.(28 day month) 87 in Jan with sim days. Typically fly 4 or 5 on, 1 off, 3 on 1 off. Then I get my 2 off. 3 off in a row is a dream. Another gem we have is a night flight getting home at 0730 then the next day check in at 0700 for a nice long day of flying. This is after 2 or 3 days of night flights. Not to worry we DO get one day off before reporting back for work. 7 to 8 days off is the norm. We have the right to complain and we have heard all the reasons and how they are going to fix this but so far it's all BS.:E Find a 320 guy who is happy at EY. If you can't then maybe you should start to believe us when we say it sucks!

frankbama
6th Mar 2010, 23:31
NTM.....We have been asking, begging and screaming for relief. It has been really bad since last summer. We on the 320 would love to know how to make things better. Perhaps you could tell us so we could have a life. We have been unable to figure it out.:rolleyes:

frankbama
7th Mar 2010, 00:07
Disillionedek..."Getting the raw deal in some regards.Less pay,Less days off, no chance of requesting 4 in a row let alone having 3 in a row. I would have to say in all regards we're getting screwed. Our rosters change so much it's amazing there aren't more No Shows. When you get up at 0500 for your 06ish check in you better pull up your schedule because they often change it in the middle of the night. So now instead of that morning flight your up and awake for.... get ready for a night flight instead. A buddy of mine had 13 changes for the month of Feb. 7 to 9 is the norm. The changes are NEVER for the better. But hey we get our 7 to 8 days off, even though 2 or 3 of them are 1 day at a time. Yes people are leaving. The 23 rumored are supposed to be gone end of May. So when they don't leave we should be staffed just fine:ok: O, lets not forget the fixed roster thats coming our way. It will be great, they are magically going to be able to give a fixed roster when they can't give 3 days off in a row. O lets not forget they are looking into the fact we get payed less as well. :rolleyes:

kempilot
7th Mar 2010, 00:35
frankbama

Tell management that they should just bring the DECs that have been in the 320 pool drowning, on line.

iflysky
7th Mar 2010, 07:19
Be careful joining as a 320 DEC. You will be stuck on the 320 for a very, very long time (4 years +). Guys that came over two years ago are still sitting and waiting for their ccq. At the moment, full effort is drawn towards the 330 to 320 ccq and internal upgrades, combine that with a general shortage of 320 ca (that is just about to even get bigger), the chance to see the 330 is getting extremely slim every day. Do not accept this job on the thought of flying the 330 anytime soon. If you don't care about your career progression, by all means EY 320 is your place !!!!

Speedbrake Lever
7th Mar 2010, 15:11
iFLY

WELL yes i agree but only if you consider your career progression as being

out here in the PIT

But with the world on the uptake "supposedly"

those on the 320 will do far better for themselves

Its just a little matter of time before things will become more obvious

S.L.

goeasy
7th Mar 2010, 17:03
you obviously had a bad night. i am on 320 and get at least one 3 day break a month and rarely more than 5 days flying in row. So not quite as bad as you get. Still averagig 60hrs/mth and have never had 80 or more.

Different airline for some eh?

fluffy5
8th Mar 2010, 00:50
Don't worry For all those on the 320, a certain training provider for EY is providing completed cadets like a sausage factory. Who have an extremely good work ethic and with such high theoretical knowledge it will just blow everyone away. Also the way they can fly the sim, that they do it so well that the company likes them to come back and back and back to do some more just to see if they can get it right.
If guys are complaining now, all I can say is wait and see..........:}
fluffy5

Chandler Bing
9th Mar 2010, 09:32
Check this out...way better than EY package....

Our client offers a benefit package including:
- basic monthly assignment remuneration of 12,000 US $ net of taxes ;
- a loyalty bonus of 6,000 US $ per year net of taxes paid after each twelve months of
service;
- a safety bonus of 6,000 US $ per year net of taxes paid after each twelve months of
service;
- a long-term service bonus of 36,000 US $ net of taxes paid at the end of the contract;
- a travel allowance of 10,000 US $ per year;
- a 6 weeks on/two weeks off work schedule;
- medical insurance coverage in China;
- ID travel privileges as per Airline rules.
A three year renewable contract is offered.

CohibaFlyer
10th Mar 2010, 02:07
I am new on here, but I am also flying like FrankBama. Goeasy are you an F/O or Capt. As I understand it, the Captions are the ones being slammed do to a shortage. If it isn't the reason and it's just some of us are being made to fly 85 to 97 hours a month while others fly sixty is BS. I also have not had three days off in a row since end of July last year.

WYOMINGPILOT
10th Mar 2010, 03:14
Ey Is No Longer Recruiting A-320 Captains. The Website Only Allows You To Apply As An A-320, A-330 Or B-777 First Officer. Are There More Internal Upgrades At The Moment? Did Ey Ever Hire Direct Entry Captains On The B-777? I Have Heard Upgrades Are Faster At Ey Than Ek, Any Truth?

Chandler Bing
12th Mar 2010, 15:34
The only thing EY can push-back properly, it's aircrafts orders, not real planes................:}

EK777-200LR
14th Mar 2010, 14:06
Chandler Bing.

After your above quote I guess you will be leaving our shores.

Chandler Bing
14th Mar 2010, 14:18
I wish I would.
I envy these 3 guys who have resigned the last 2 weeks.
I have to carry on my shoulders the wrong decision I took by coming here.
Every day I regret this move, but can't leave now ....loans and kids in school.....

Colony
14th Mar 2010, 16:25
How do you A320 drivers feel about flying with the cadets? Are they any good or are they all inexperienced, obnoxious tw*ts?

EY346Driver
14th Mar 2010, 16:50
Colony

Are they any good or are they all inexperienced, obnoxious tw*ts?

Not an appropriate comment mate

cayenne
14th Mar 2010, 17:04
It may not be appropriate, but its probably true. Stop being such a pus$y.

SkyDive6
14th Mar 2010, 18:28
It may not be appropriate, but its probably true. Stop being such a pus$y.Why do you think they are called cadets?

They are inexperienced like you and colony when you both first started flying or were you the son of the virgin Pilot? :bored:

flybe37
14th Mar 2010, 20:44
Not an appropriate comment mate

Maybe he was enquiring as to whether they're obnoxious or not... the inexperienced bit might have been tongue-in-cheek :mad:

Cloud Bunny
15th Mar 2010, 15:05
Guys and Girls,

Good afternoon. I have done a search but so far unable to pin point the information I'm after. I am contemplating, at the moment, an application to your good selves for 777 F/O position (currently 737-800 instructor with monster Irish Low Co in UK). What I was after was an idea of the route structure on the 777, the average number of trips per month/layovers etc. General lifestyle stuff - you know the thing.
If someone was able to compare that to the Airbus fleet (330/340) that would be tremendous.
I appreciate all info, but really I'm not after the pros and cons of living in the ME, I'm pretty well travelled around the area and like it!!
Thanks for your help, much appreaciated.

CB:p

PUZZLED LOOK
15th Mar 2010, 15:59
Has any one had problems updating their CV on Etihad? I applied about a year ago but was a bit short on hours, I now meet the requirements but cant seem to update my details. I keep getting thrown out at the log in page. ggggggrrrr it annoying.

Does any one have an email address for the recruitment section I ask ask about this problem?

Thanks

astronaute
15th Mar 2010, 19:51
@ Cloud Bunny

Stay at FR !:hmm:

saviboy
16th Mar 2010, 07:24
not being on the 777, I can t really give you lots of details but some of my friends are on the fleet and I was just asking one of them how many days they average a month and he said about 9. i believe the main destinations are toronto, bangkok, jeddah, manilla. until somebody more knowledgeable about the topic steps in that should help a little.
good luck

Laker
16th Mar 2010, 10:40
9 off or 9 on????

Cloud Bunny
16th Mar 2010, 12:31
Thanks for the efforts guys so far, keep em coming I'm really keen to understand a bit more.
Astronaute - Stay at FR - are you kidding?!! Come over, give it a go. The company and the Country (UK) make it just about impossible to live and have any kind of lifestyle here. I'm not going to go on some never-ending rant, it's just enough to say that it sucks big time and having spent a fair bit time already out in Dubai/Abu Dhabi, with all it's faults, it's a bloody paradise in comparison. The pay and benefits alone as an F/O on the 777 (off the website) is more than I get as a skipper in FR and then I'm robbed of nearly all of it in tax. Just enough left to cover the mortgage and feed us. Great!!!

Anyways, like I said keep the info coming it's much appreciated and I'm always open to a PM or two. :p

Cheers guys and girls.

NTM
16th Mar 2010, 15:33
Hello Cloud B,

Being on the 777, it has been pretty good so far.
It is a very different lifestyle as compared to the 320.
Of course, as the fleet grows, it is going to change.
But so far, you ll have a hard time finding an unhappy 777 pilot.
In a nutshell, great crews, great Chief pilot. It s small enough that you have that flying club atmosphere. We all know each other.
For FOs,
We can plan on 3-5 nights away per month. Unless you get a YYZ trip. It s a 2 or 3 day layover. So at the most 8 nights away per month.
Our regular layover are MNL, CGK, BKK, YYZ. MAN is coming up this summer.
MNL and CGK are operated as a 3 pilot operation. YYZ is a 4 pilot operation.
BKK is the only layover trip with only 2 pilots.
We do have turn around flights. RUH and JED are the the normal ones.
Sometimes we do get DMM, KHI, LHE, BAH. but rarely.
Days off average between 8-13 per month.
Block hours vary as well. The average is 60-90 hours per month.

Thats it for now.

Later,

Cloud Bunny
16th Mar 2010, 18:44
Thanks a lot NTM, much appreciated and very helpful. Sounds pretty good!! The more I look into it the more convinced I am that, for me (I understand that for others it's a different story), it sounds like the best possible move. The other half is equally keen and has already made progress with job offers!
If anyone else can enlighten me further, as usual, it'll be much appreciated.
Cheers :p

CB

astronaute
16th Mar 2010, 19:11
@ Cloud Bunny

I have a good mate, whom, did come from FR (based in MRS), and, as a FO, he was making more than an EY 330 CPT !:confused:

So mate ,stay at FR, in a civilized country !:hmm:

Cloud Bunny
17th Mar 2010, 01:05
Maybe that was the case, now not possible. Ts and Cs have been savaged here to point where guys are turning down Commands as they would end up on LESS money on the new skippers contracts. Believe me i know my own pay cheque. Etihad is more than i get now in every regard. Keep the info coming guys, thanks!

Chandler Bing
17th Mar 2010, 05:08
Let him apply !!!
It's like the guys who bought properties at the peak of the bubble in Dubai and were told that it was a mistake. They didn't want to listen, they were warned.
Let Cloud bunny join, it will ease our pain , but he won't be able to complain then

foufa
17th Mar 2010, 08:04
hello
its my first visit i found this forum very intersting
i have two questions if somebody can help me :{:{:{
first i have an assessment in 22 march but the pb my passeport will expire in 2 months so i dont know what to do ?
second all my diplomas are in morocco my familly must stend it to me via post or they can fax or scan
please answer this questionssssssssssss i need your help

Cloud Bunny
17th Mar 2010, 12:31
Yes thank you Chandler. I know your being facetious, but let me apply!! I'm not thinking about this lightly, hence why I'm doing a hell of a lot of research (not just centred around pprune) before I even contemplate filling in the appplication form. My decision, will be based around what I feel is best for me and my other half. Our circumstances are a lot more flexible than others, due to the fact we are young (both 27), have no kids, would both be working and would have an escape plan drawn up as well just in case it goes tits up. You don't risk everything moving halfway around the world - those are the people you are referring to. Not me. You have no idea who I am. I've seen your previous posts, you are clearly a very bitter and twisted individual, regretful of the choices you have made. Well that buster is your fault - noone elses.:=
If I think there is a sniff that things wont work out, or there is too much risk involved then we wont do it. I'm not desperate to come over, it's just that in the current state of things both here (UK) and elsewhere make this a very attractive proposition for us. Not for everyone, but for us, yes. I take on board everything I am told, I have spent enough time in the region to not be blinded by the glitter and fanfare so you can rest easy that I'm not some juvenile running around going "ooooo isn't it wonderful" and being blinded to everything that isn't.
So to get back to what I originally asked for, if anyone has anything constructive (thank you NTM) to say to aid a fellow professional in his thought process it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
CB :p

TopTup
17th Mar 2010, 12:42
CloudBunny:

I have met the CP of the 777 (KT) and to my mind you WILL NOT find a more decent guy at any other airline. Fair, honest and professional. Try saying those 3 words at a vast majority of airlines.

If the rest of the worlds major airlines (wannabe and actual) had more guys like him at the helm then professionalism in airlines would no longer be a word laughed at.

I cannot speak of the ME lifestyle (other than layovers) myself, or EY management. But what I do know about EY is all positive. Bear in mind the decision you may make, ie living in the ME: debtors prison, human rights, work rights.... Hell! You can be arrested for being raped! (See recent media).

I respect your tenacity to be as best informed as possible. Just be aware that most pilots will complain that the sky is too blue....... And be aware of the job and location you may be ASKING to be a part of.

hotdolley76
17th Mar 2010, 13:33
hi there australianconman just wana reply to ur post here and do agree with you with what is happening to this SO CALLED "BEST AIRLINE" I am just recently got sacked as they say NON RENEWAL OF CONTRACT and they ******* dont care at all crew are somewhat all being demotivated here yeah we are the victim of their cost cutting after all the management pocketed all the money that they can get im sorry but im not gonna lick their ass:mad:

astronaute
17th Mar 2010, 18:57
Hotdolley,

Did you get fired ?

I thought, after RH mail, nobody will be fired , even with the decrease CC on the planes.:confused:

High 6
21st Mar 2010, 20:52
"I have met the CP of the 777 (KT)" ....

I must have missed this, when did KT become the B777 CP? I do agree though that KT is a top guy and if it is true, Mabrouk!! :ok:

AAIGUY
22nd Mar 2010, 08:15
hello..

currently a A330 FO in HK, and would like to chat with a A330 guy @ EY.
I know the grass is always greener....

please pm if you've a few moments.

astronaute
22nd Mar 2010, 13:21
HK ? Cathay ?

AAIGUY
22nd Mar 2010, 18:23
KA.
The Pollution levels in HK are now not safe for a family.
I'm willing to take a pay cut, but have many questions about EY.
@ FYI my March take home pay was over 30,000 USD and I still am thinking of leaving.

If someone could PM who works there on the A330...

CanadaRocks
22nd Mar 2010, 19:08
HI AAIGUY,

How much does a Captain make at KA? I'm a training Capatain here at EY and you made $15000US more than me. For 30000US I will be a FO.

Goodluck!

AAIGUY
23rd Mar 2010, 04:50
you've pm.

NAT Zulu
23rd Mar 2010, 10:49
Would any kind soul care to pm me a couple of recent typical 330/340 rosters if they have a spare moment?

Would be very grateful. Thanks

NZ

saviboy
24th Mar 2010, 09:28
I just saw about 10 320 candidates being interviewed. only 320 FO hiring for now. so you should ask to see some 320 rosters...you really should :E

Patty O'Furniture
24th Mar 2010, 10:06
By calculations on the website a new 330 fo would be on about 30,000 dhr a month for 70 hours flying and a few layovers. How much do the 320 drivers take home given it is fleet pay??? How is there a difference?

dida9
24th Mar 2010, 10:27
Hi Guys i was reading about scholarships that etihad airways are giving to prospective pilots. By any chance do you know if this year they are going to do an international cadet pilot programm and from where can i get more information.

thank you in advance

NAT Zulu
25th Mar 2010, 16:55
Thanks Saviboy, but that's not the info I have. So if anyone can help with a pm of a couple of 330/340 rosters I would again be much obliged.

Thanks.

dida9
26th Mar 2010, 16:53
Hi guys I just wanna know if the etihad international cadet pilot training is gonna reopen this year.

thanks in advance

Chandler Bing
26th Mar 2010, 17:01
Cost cutting everywhere buddy !!!!!
Spending millions in advertising and marketing and saving peanuts on pilots, cabin crew, training and .......safety. stay away

dida9
26th Mar 2010, 17:11
So you are saying that they arent gonna start the international cadet pilot program or misunderstood you?

Do you work for them

ShirleyNot
29th Mar 2010, 08:07
Does anybody know whats happening at EY with the new 330s, are they coming soon and will the guys in the hold pool ever be taken?

junglie-driver
29th Mar 2010, 18:49
Evening all, heard the pool for the a320 is relatively small. Any news how many inthe a330 pool and how long have they been there? Fly safe. JD

Yasso67
30th Mar 2010, 16:35
Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me how much an A320 TRI makes in EY?
And what is a typical A320 Roster?

Boeing 777-300ER
30th Mar 2010, 17:27
It is not my intention to stir up emotions. Is EY planning on recruiting DEC's in the near future given next year's expansion?

New On A320
30th Mar 2010, 18:25
cayenne you talk out your ass, on the tuk tuk we get overtime thats because we are short of pilots, and surely it would be the same on other fleets, so how you expect crew sched to get things right when numbers are low... now do your maths..... if your not happy go and join the happy gang over in QR and then you will have a lot to moan about...

same old people on here complaining..... whats the saying here we have 2 buckets one for cash and one for s..t so wich ever one is full first then we leave..... i guess none of your are yet or maybe you just like the s..t

get facts right before we slag of EY... yes i am new but that does not stop me from saying what i think..

this site i thought was for rumours not slagging of companies and not having facts at hand.

anyway bak to my tuk tuk have flight now... whoppie night flights love them NOT

quack
31st Mar 2010, 05:27
You certainly are NEW on the 320. Ive been on the 320 for just under 2 yrs and NEVER had overtime. Always if there is a heavy roster the next one is light to keep you under the 150hrs in 2 months. Moreover you are the first I have heard of that has made overtime on the 320 in that time.
(f/o's) that is. The same applies on the 330. Generally, the only guys to make overtime are those on 330/340 roster that get called out on a ulr std by duty. Give it 2 yrs in the company on the 320 MR NEW on the 320 and we'll see what u post and whose 'talkin out there ass' as you put it then.

CanadaRocks
31st Mar 2010, 06:00
Yes their are DEC coming on the A320. Some very experienced guys from BMI I believe.

Laker
31st Mar 2010, 06:11
What?? Source?? When??? There are some very experienced FO's on the 320 (7,000 hours+, 4+years on the 320). Why not upgrade these guys?

sandyballs
31st Mar 2010, 07:40
Canada youve started something now!.....get your safety helmet on and stay low! :}

shortfuel
31st Mar 2010, 08:09
Why not upgrade these guys?

Because they are not (so) short of line Capt but TRI/TREs...Direct Entry Instructors.

And most of the A320 FOs are very experienced not only some of them...

flyer47
31st Mar 2010, 17:41
So what about the guys in the pool ? They've waited for 18 months.

AFD
31st Mar 2010, 19:39
So what about the guys in the pool ? They've waited for 18 months.
The 320 holding should have been emptied as far as i know in the early 2010
there should be an holding pool of 330 rated guys at the moment

AFD
31st Mar 2010, 21:14
@flyer
sorry i didn't specify that i was talking about first officer holding pool
i can confirm that there're dec's in the holding pool,but as far as i know they actually have a policy to not hire dec's until their own resources(f/o) would be enough to cover their needs

flyer47
31st Mar 2010, 21:56
Thanks for your answer. Keep it blue side up !

grdproxinop
9th Apr 2010, 16:21
AFD

Don't be too sure about no DEC's. I can guarantee you within the net couple of months DEC's will arrive on the 320. Especially with the 320 captains that are leaving, 4 confirmed so far with others playing there cards close to there chests, I believe it makes it easier to leave this place if no one knows your going.

I hear that at least 2 F/O's are off the Qatar as 777 f/o's, not a great place to live but don't work as hard as the 320 and more chance to commute.

Interesting times ahead for EY management, wonder if they fall asleep with the echos of " I told you so " bouncing around the room. If people are leaving now what's gonna happen when the economies around the world pick up and airlines in the states and europe need crews again.

..........." I told you so "...........

balticflier
10th Apr 2010, 20:27
Hey boys and Girls,

looking to shift to Etihad for a better salary, better weather and better etc. However I'm puzzled by an issue I've heard about a few times and I get loads of different info from various people.
What is the situation like for an unmarried couple who would like to co-habit? does the company frown down upon this? is it even allowed?

would appreciate some answers.

SkyDive6
10th Apr 2010, 20:46
@balticflier: What have you done!! With that question all UAE and GCC haters will jump here!

If one of the following three posters after me wrote you with a positive answer I will gladly delete my pprune account. Many posters here are hypocrites. Do not believe everything said here!

Here a similar question and the aftermath http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/410288-working-me-couple.html

balticflier
10th Apr 2010, 21:23
Thanks for the link SkyDive.

so basically how hard should one work to hide the fact that he/she is living with their partner? I mean is the stress involved something ridiculous, such as not leaving the house at the same time and keeping the curtains closed 24/7? or is it more obvious such as her not paying for, say, the telephone bills of the house where I'm living?

For example, we currently live in Latvia. I pay rent, she pays bills. we both work and are registered here under the same address. is that risky in Abu Dhabi? should she go through the hassle of registering herself in a different apartment?

Its actually hard to imagine how true certain things are... I doubt there'd be that many westerners working in the UAE if the rules were REALLY that strict!

And one more question... daft though it may seem... to what extent does my girl have to "cover up" in Abu Dhabi? would she have to wear a veil? Sorry for the questions folks but I really have NO idea!!!

Matt101
11th Apr 2010, 00:03
.....Its actually hard to imagine how true certain things are... I doubt there'd be that many westerners working in the UAE if the rules were REALLY that strict!

And one more question... daft though it may seem... to what extent does my girl have to "cover up" in Abu Dhabi? would she have to wear a veil? Sorry for the questions folks but I really have NO idea!!!

Her biggest problem would be sponsorship for a visa - she would need her own (as you can't sponsor her unless she is a spouse) and therefor her own job. After that I would avoid having any more than one name on any housing related things, i.e. your name really.

I know of some people who co-habit with girlfriends from back home. Just be discreet, but be aware it is illegal and you can't cry foul if you upset the wrong person and they report it. Moral is don't upset your neighbours.

May be worth considering getting the quick paperwork only wedding when you get here, many do it and have a proper wedding when they are ready, I suppose it depends how you feel about it and a pre nup maybe a good idea if you go down such a route, however it may make life easier!

No veil required. Beach wear is for the beach and you should really dress with some sensitivity toward local culture (many don't though). Basically it is a far cry from Saudi and whilst hot pants and a boob tube may get you some funny looks (especially if it's you rather than the girlfriend wearing them), dressing for summer isn't likely to get you in any trouble. Shoulders covered and a skirt to the knees is the usual advice I think.

Do lots of research - don't look too much into the PPRuNe bitching, the UAE is different from home but you get used to it.

If you get here, welcome to the worlds biggest beach!

(skydive6 only one more positive post until deletion!!!)

saviboy
11th Apr 2010, 08:18
IMO, management will only learn the hard way. Only when flights are canceled because of lack of crew.
Maybe in a few years , we can hope for a livable schedule on the 320. until, say good bye to your quality of life.

balticflier
11th Apr 2010, 08:51
Cheers Matt.

Well that's what I've been thinking all along. it can't be THAT bad. And at least, if you have to live by some strict rules, you're paid for it! The company I'm working for works us like donkeys, treats us like s**t and pays us like beggars.
With regards to finding a job I don't think she'll have much of a problem. Seems like there's plenty going on in the UAE. Still as you guys suggested, I'll have to avoid upsetting the wrong people, which I guess shouldn't be too hard if I do my job and keep a (love the following phrase) LOW PROFILE.
Prenup and paper wedding out of the question unfortunately. If I do it, I do it GRAND :)

thanks for the advice so far folks,
it helps point one in the right direction.

balticflier
11th Apr 2010, 09:02
One more question,

I understand that Pprune can elicit some bitter reactions from people; understandable if they feel they got a sour deal, after all everyone needs somewhere to vent their frustration. having said that... what do you guys/girls suggest I read to get some unbiased info about the company/country/culture?

cheers!

SkyDive6
11th Apr 2010, 09:54
@balticflier: Please take four days leave and visit Dubai and see for yourself. First day just visit Emirates Mall, second day visit Dubai Mall, Third day visit Atlantis Palm, and on the fourth day I dare you to go back home!

I just recently returned from Dubai to Bahrain were I joined my wife for the last 2 days out of her 7 days stay there for business purpose and let me say this clearly, Dubai is cosmopolitan City with little tiny exception rules, respect them and you'll have a great time in the hot weather and tax free!

@matt101: you caught me off guard! but the third response was not clear so I guess I am staying a bit longer :P

Laker
12th Apr 2010, 05:54
Skydive,

Are you serious?? 2 malls and an Atlantis hotel gets you excited??! Well my hat's off to you for finding contentment in the little things...

tonker
12th Apr 2010, 07:39
Haven't been yet, but i bet it beats sitting in the grim rain in our bankrupt shell of a country.

Still there is always Lakeside or the Metro centre to look at the over priced crap i can't afford on my 40% tax deductable wage, because i spend most of it on private schooling due to education,education,education!

SkyDive6
12th Apr 2010, 07:42
Won't do it again.

Matt101
12th Apr 2010, 07:55
Whoa Whoa there Skydive insult Blighty and I shalln't be friends anymore. I Like Dubai/Abu Dhabi and I like London - plus it's home.

Best way to discover if you like it here is a long Holiday. Bring a surf board, drive into Oman get a feel for it. I hate Malls mainly but there is plenty of other stuff to get up to.

SkyDive6
12th Apr 2010, 08:31
I am really sorry Laker and Matt101,I like pprune, and I have learned a lot from this forum. Bet whenever I post something positive about GCC people jump from no where to degrade me or offend GCC countries. Why would people do that!

It is very easy to write the cons of any country without offending it, people should try to practice that a bit more.

Sorry and thank you.

flynhigh
13th Apr 2010, 04:43
Does anybody have any info on T&C for SFI at EY....How many days OFF....Payscale...thanks.

Dragon 83
13th Apr 2010, 07:05
Curious of Etihad growth plans, are they looking at DEC's hiring this year?

NG_Kaptain
13th Apr 2010, 17:14
Curious of Etihad growth plans, are they looking at DEC's hiring this year?
No.
You really need to give Etihad credit in trying very hard to avoid DEC's. First officers here get moved up much quicker than Emirates,
I'm a DEC but when I was hired the company could not crew the aircraft if they didn't hire direct into all seats.

Laker
13th Apr 2010, 18:15
do you think that policy will change once the orders start arriving?

NG_Kaptain
13th Apr 2010, 18:35
do you think that policy will change once the orders start arriving?

Honestly...Yes.
We are non-union, expat contract pilots and when operational necessities dictate I am sure Etihad will hire DEC rather than have aircraft sit on the ground. Right now promotions are coming as quickly as the training can handle, not with standing some of the crap interviews they are subjecting the upgrade candidates to.

AFD
13th Apr 2010, 19:51
just out of curiosity why would the careers be faster in emirates than etihad?

saviboy
14th Apr 2010, 05:25
Sure it's a decent place to work (assuming you're not on the 320)
VERY TRUE

tonker
22nd Apr 2010, 10:58
Is anyone else having problems with the "career" section of the website? The fact i managed to actually apply and make it work should lend some credit to start with!!!!

After applying what happens next/timescale etc? PM if better

RoyBoy20
24th Apr 2010, 10:43
Hello

Does anyone have any idea if Etihad will be recruiting this time next year? (Looking into A320 fleet) I would like to join the company around Sept/Oct 2011 as I still have another year left on my bond. Also how long does it take from applying on the website to being offered an interview and subsequently being offered a position?

Thanks in advance
Roy

AAIGUY
24th Apr 2010, 12:05
Applied.. 8000hrs total.. 1000 on 330 and more on other jets (74/73).

went to update in careers section and it keeps crashing...
any ideas on how to make it work?
I was thinking of going out one of these weekends from HK to meet someone in person.. has anyone tried that?

gottofly
24th Apr 2010, 14:30
I have been updating my application last 3 mnths regularly and it seems to be happening normally but I havent heard or received any correspondence from Etihad.Do I need to apply fresh or will I hear from them on the same application.how long can it take?I have 7400 hrs,2300 hrs command on 737.
when is Etihad getting more a/c in 2010 and what fleet?
thanks 4 info

Microburst2002
24th Apr 2010, 18:42
Why is 320 so bad in etihad?
Roster? money?

Are they hiring for 320 fleet now?

Greenkiwi
27th Apr 2010, 10:00
I am one of the first self funded student pilot doing the MPL programme in Sharjah which MAY lead to a job in Air Arabia. At the end of training I should end up with circa 500 hours on the A320. I would be happy to work with Air Arabia but just want to see what all my options might be. I live in DXB. Does anyone have a phone number or e mail of someone in EY flight deck recruitment I can contact to discuss future career prospects at EY? Hope to be flying by 2011. Just finished 850 hours of ground school. Thanks.

Iver
28th Apr 2010, 12:55
Gottofly,

EK is evidently short of pilots on the 777 fleet. I suggest you also apply there given your Boeing background if you haven't already applied.

Hcezmas
28th Apr 2010, 16:05
Could any of you that are at EY please let me know how long it took for your security clearance to come through after your interviews?

Thanks.

RoyBoy20
8th May 2010, 16:49
Hello

I'm planning on applying to Etihad for the A320 and I'm just curious to know whether they would take on an FO who meets the minimum requirements. I will have approx. 1800hrs A320 time, will they consider me or are they more likely to take on someone with more experience?

Regards

saviboy
9th May 2010, 06:35
I believe there won t be anymore hiring on the 320 fleet before end of year. there is currently a small pool of candidates who have been promised class dates in september and onwards. If you meet the other minimums, (2500 TT?,etc...) 1800 hours on the 320 should be plenty.
Also I suggest you take a look at 320 rosters before you make the decision. It s not a bad company to work for but on the 320, the rosters are far away from ideal.
Good luck.

ShirleyNot
9th May 2010, 12:09
Saviboy do you have any idea when the guys in the A330 hold pool may be called?

saviboy
10th May 2010, 04:52
Hi Shirley,
I know that an A330 pool was created in February. I don t know the status of this pool though.
I dont know how deep is the 320 pool but after I asked when should my friend send his resume for next wave of 320 interviewing I was told year end. So I assume the A320 pool would be emptied by then

unergokhan
2nd Jun 2010, 15:03
Hi guyz

Those of you who passed the 22-26 march view have you got any contract offer after selecting the dates.Just courious.

I know some mates still waitin for the security.

Cheers.

clrblu22
2nd Jun 2010, 22:54
• Education Support Allowance
Financial support towards the payment of core tuition fees is provided to staff in more senior positions. It is intended as a contribution towards the overall expenses the employee may incur for their children’s education.

Is Emirates no longer giving an education allowance?

Thanks.

slimy
4th Jun 2010, 07:21
No problem with the glasses last time i checked:)

flight0813
5th Jun 2010, 14:05
Chandler
"Check this out...way better than EY package....

Our client offers a benefit package including:
- basic monthly assignment remuneration of 12,000 US $ net of taxes ;
- a loyalty bonus of 6,000 US $ per year net of taxes paid after each twelve months of
service;
- a safety bonus of 6,000 US $ per year net of taxes paid after each twelve months of
service;
- a long-term service bonus of 36,000 US $ net of taxes paid at the end of the contract;
- a travel allowance of 10,000 US $ per year;
- a 6 weeks on/two weeks off work schedule;
- medical insurance coverage in China;
- ID travel privileges as per Airline rules.
A three year renewable contract is offered."

What company is this with?

NG_Kaptain
5th Jun 2010, 16:32
Pray tell, what company is it?

Gulfstreamaviator
5th Jun 2010, 17:38
A new company based in the middle of nowhere, close to lala land, and disney world.

glf

hongkongfooey
6th Jun 2010, 08:48
Sounds good, til you find out it's based in China, statistically one of your family will be seriously ill or possibly even dead from the pollution in no time....enjoy :yuk: ( unless of course you enjoy being away from the fam 6 weeks at a time )

goeasy
7th Jun 2010, 06:00
There doesn't seem to be too many replies to people asking questions here. ...

Problems with recruiting website should be resolved with new site now on line. I belive everyone has to reapply, as files couldnt be transferred. Dont quote me on it. Check it yourself.

Life on 320 isn't that bad. Busy but not stupid... More layovers now and more coming. No more 320 until Nov11 and its only one.

SomeTRE/TRI being accepted as DEC etc to help with training... No others as yet despite resignations. Upgraded Capt being CCQ back from 330 to cope.

If you are waiting for A330 entry, be aware that you will be CCQ to 320 after 500hrs for MFF. I wouldn't believe them if they told me otherwise!!

Dont believe anything CB rants about. The chip on his shoulder is bigger than you can imagine.

HKG Phooey
7th Jun 2010, 13:53
which compounds do most of the flight crew live in?

thanks....
:ok:

it would seem the 160,000DHS doesn't get you much and what of the rent to buy scheme anyone shed any light on that little beauty?

:O

chai ja
7th Jun 2010, 19:25
Hi

Im considering 320 position with EY.

Is it possible to stay on the A320 fleet and not go longhaul fleet?

How many layovers per month on average?

Cheers
Chai

fluffy5
8th Jun 2010, 01:01
Is it true that etihad have now stopped the cadet program, training out of Al Ain. No more cadets are being sent there. As there is a massive back log of qualified students waiting to go on the 320.

clrblu22
8th Jun 2010, 05:06
Is there anyone at Etihad that has children in school?

If so, could I ask that you share some information about:

cost/child ( I understand the elementary is less the High School) vs. reimbursement?
Choices of schools?
Any prejudices towards western kids?
Do they have a bus to pick up and deliver the kids?

Housing: what is available with the amount of money that they give you for housing...any one have any pictures they can share?

Company transportation to and from work.

Visa sponsorship for family members.

What would a furnished villa be vs. a non-furnished one?

Thank you.

NTM
8th Jun 2010, 08:14
Clrblu22,

Regarding accommodations, you can start by checking out
Abu Dhabi Real Estate Properties |Job Site & Classified Sites in Abu Dhabi with Dubizzle Abu Dhabi (http://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/)

Later,

hairyA320
10th Jun 2010, 14:50
hello,

Somebody can send me a link or information for the technical quiz of EY interview.

You can PM me.
Thank you very much.

Sir Osis of the river
13th Jun 2010, 06:07
Thought no DEC's were being employed, except a few TRI's on Tuk-TUK??

I see the careers website has openings for DEC's for ALL fleets??:=

Why are they doing this?? More than enough suitable candidates for upgrade and not many a/c coming this year. Is this so we can provide crews to operate for other airlines in the region, (MEA???)

Guess when the R/H seat drivers on the Tuk-Tuk see this happening, EK will be looking even better. And WHO can blame them??

So all our f/o's will be going from Abu Dhabi to the world, and not returning.

Sir O

sandpit
13th Jun 2010, 07:03
Calm down - RH and JM have answered this on the EY forum - something to do with the new recruiting system. Only looking for some DEC instructors on A320 to train cadets.

sec 3
13th Jun 2010, 08:23
If you believe anything those guys say, I have an island I'd like to sell you:sad: Get your head out of the sand:bored:
Just like they didn't post the fleet training manager 340 position internally because they are bringing in another cronie from GF to do the job.

sandpit
13th Jun 2010, 10:09
Actually I do believe them - well more accurately I believe that is their intention today ;). We all know things change and they have made no secret of that.

If 10 more A330 instructors were happy to be CCQ'd 320 and MFF on that fleet instead of 330/340, I am guessing we probably wouldn't need these DEC's. That is not to criticise those guys - I wouldn't do it either. But if the company can't get people from within, they have no choice but to get DEC's do they?

If you have a better solution, please share

Boeing 777-300ER
14th Jun 2010, 05:31
I applied last week and received a computer generated email a day later stating that my application is on hold and thanking me for my patience.

I am an Airbus 320 TRI. Just have to wait and see I guess.

CanadaRocks
14th Jun 2010, 07:19
Sandpit, why would any 330/340 instructor want to take a pay cut and fly with these cadets everyday...:ugh:

In one instuctor meeting they asked us(:=), we said show us the $$$$. No extra money!!!

As soon as the expansion starts again, the DEC will be coming also. It's all about saving $$$ over here.

Sorry!

KRUGERFLAP
14th Jun 2010, 12:09
If you are from England and flew for BMI you stand a chance,if no.Only if know somebody inside.

sandpit
14th Jun 2010, 12:42
Canada Rocks - that was my point! Why would any current EY 330 instructor do it. No doubt why the company is hiring DEC TRI/TRE's for the 320.

Boeing 777-300ER
14th Jun 2010, 16:02
Well KRUGERFLAP,

I guess that it's going to be a while then :{

KRUGERFLAP
15th Jun 2010, 03:43
Things are getting sad here bro.I don't think is a good move.

The A320 TRI are explored to the limit over here and fly once 2 months a A330 Layover just to stay current.

But their lives are much better than the current line pilots on the A320. Tuk Tuk life here means red eyes bro!

AS a TRI ,Why not Vietnam? Much more fun!:ok:

a320sho
20th Jun 2010, 05:17
Hello everyone,

Cannot log in on the new EY career website with original account and password, does anyone know how to do it? or should I re-apply.

Fly safe!

A320sho

bigcheeks
22nd Jun 2010, 07:31
Hi guys,

I am seriously considering making a change and looking at the Middle East as an option. I have read the entire post (took all day and all night) and have done alot of research into living in the Middle East. However there seems to be alot of conflicting information and alot of it is out of date.

I am looking for current up-to date answers to the following questions directed at current Etihad A320 F/Os..which I'm sure will be of benefit not only to me, but also to a hundred others in my situation:

how many hours do you fly per year assuming you take all of your annual leave entitlements?
how many overnights do you do per month? (and how much in AED do you make in allowances)
how long approx. to command on the A320 or how long to wide-body and subsequent command on widebody?
is it possible to commute from Dubai? (i.e. pocket the housing allowance and rent relatively cheap in Dubai)
if you have no need for the education allowance, do they still give it to you :)
is it a nightmare to get leave during the Ramadan? (i.e. does everyone request annual leave during this time)
is staff travel available on EK? (i.e. to get home to a destination that EK serves direct and EY doesn't)Many thanks in advance to those of you who will take the time to answer my questions. Cheers

fight30
22nd Jun 2010, 08:31
hello,

Somebody can send me a link or information for the technical quiz of EY interview.

You can PM me.
Thank you very mucH

Dubaiforever
22nd Jun 2010, 09:02
........:mad::mad::mad:

Toruk Macto
22nd Jun 2010, 13:00
Having trouble logging on to the employment application site with original login details, has recruitment been put on hold?

auh_to_auh
22nd Jun 2010, 15:58
There is a new recruitment site gentlemen for some reason details were not transfered from old to new. So if your still interested you need to re-apply.

AUH

A350
22nd Jun 2010, 16:53
Any chance someone could send me the tech quiz info as well.

Thanks
A350

HuD 91gt
22nd Jun 2010, 17:21
Sorry if this has been answered already, I have only read through a few pages but does Etihad only hire F/O's with current type ratings as their website describes as a requirement?

Amphora
23rd Jun 2010, 19:51
Any info on the Ey tech quiz is highly appreciated. You can PM me. Thank you in advance.

Green Army
23rd Jun 2010, 20:47
I would be most thankful if anybody could forward me the same Tech Info as well!!!

Thanks you very much.:D

GREEN ARMY:ok:

Toruk Macto
23rd Jun 2010, 22:13
Could i get a copy of any info on the quiz as well, thanks in advance!

tonyflaire
25th Jun 2010, 09:11
Hi Guys,

Would appreciate if anyone can tell me some guidance about EY and living in AUH.

I'm thinking of joining direct entry A330 Captain position. Have all the requirements and with the current doom and gloom and forecast of higher taxes in the UK, it maybe time to move on.

First of all, are the contracts permanent and what is the normal retirement age in EY? Doesn't give details about these on their recruitment page on the website. Are all crews MMF on A320/A330 or A340?

Please feel free to mail me direct and I will reply ASAP. Ideally would like to have a chat with a EY British A330/A340 pilot about all the terms and conditions, interview, tech exams and simulator. Any info welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Tonyflaire

Longboard
28th Jun 2010, 04:44
Hi Guys,

Upcoming interview for A330 and if possible could someone send me some EY tech quiz info if available.

Many Thanks

blumoon
30th Jun 2010, 05:38
Would be grateful for a copy of the Tech quizz info too please.

Thanks! :ok:

tonyflaire
30th Jun 2010, 08:04
Thanks for your reply jetjock, but would still appreciate some feedback on Tech quiz, interview and sim if you or anyone else has some info. thanks in advance.
Please email.

KRUGERFLAP
30th Jun 2010, 15:16
The funny email received

My god this is basic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ugh:

Reason for Issue :
OM-A text revised for chapter 8.1.2.1.1(a) paragraph two.
Instruction:
Before commencing an approach to land at the destination aerodrome or
any alternate aerodrome the commander must satisfy himself that he is
able to land and bring the aircraft to a complete stop within 60% of the
Landing Distance Available (LDA).
To determine if the above requirement is achievable, pilots should use the
table provided in the QRH then divide the resultant figure by a factor of
0.6. This value must be less than the Landing Distance Available (LDA).:D
Airbus : QRH chart 4.03 Landing Distance without autobrake
Boeing : QRH Chapter PI Section 11, Normal Configuration Landing
Distance (with max manual braking)
Follow Up Plan :
OM-A Chapter 8.1.2.1.1 will be amended with the same text.

shortfuel
30th Jun 2010, 17:06
Indeed..., but problem was that some genius(es) decided to add a misleading customized note to the CAR.OPS text in the previous OM-A version:

(For Airbus: The Autoland Landing Distance with Autobrake table available in the QRH gives a realistic indication of the aircraft landing performance during normal operations.)

So if you wanted to play the very dummy pilot with the old OM-A version, you could have thought that you had to multiply your Autoland Landing Distance w/ AUTOBRK by 1.67...needless to say that it would have prevented you to arrive at some of our destinations...

Correction was required.

KRUGERFLAP
30th Jun 2010, 23:02
Ok Short it should be corrected ,but if a pilot need to look at the OM-A to know that,that's scary my friend.

And the problem with the FOB was that he was like teaching us how to do it.That was really funny.

for a moment i thought that i was in the ATPL school again,lol

Rgds:ok:

KRUGERFLAP
30th Jun 2010, 23:05

Jetjock330
1st Jul 2010, 13:04
Thursday today, another email at 5pm and is that another new VP, and someone jumping ship back to OZ? The ship is sinking fast!!!

Sir Osis of the river
1st Jul 2010, 13:14
Whoever is responsible for updating the OMA organigram must be really struggling to keep up with the changes.

Luckily it's easier to erase names than try find space on an already full page.

shortfuel
1st Jul 2010, 19:40
I challenge you to find the complete organizational chart with all CxOs, EVPs, SVPs, VPs, Heads, Managers...you won't, it's Etihad's best kept secret :E

ospreyf16
4th Jul 2010, 04:52
Hi all...

Base on some of the thread that I have read, the situation over in Etihad is really that bad huh? Housing allowance is not enough for housing, rest days are limited, roster sucks etc etc etc. Then should I even bother to apply if that is the case?

And a few other question. Currently with about 1400 hours on A320 and a total of 3500 hrs, how long will I need before being given the chance for command upgrade? Is there even a chance?

Thanks.

astronaute
4th Jul 2010, 07:02
between 5 and 8 years !

Stay where you are ! :ugh:

astronaute
4th Jul 2010, 12:28
- Since UAE is one of the wealthiest country, you believe that flying for the national carrier is the best thing you can do in your life..... WRONG.... you re just another slave like many here, you have no value.

Ouch !!!!!!!!! So Trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!! :{

noflare
4th Jul 2010, 15:04
Slave ???....I dont think so
I am free to leave anytime I want as is everyone else....if EY is really that bad why dont you leave :rolleyes:

nowbali
5th Jul 2010, 08:23
Looking for detail information on Etihad interview
Thanks

Trimmed_Flaps
6th Jul 2010, 09:40
Might be the wrong thread but given two job offers (both 777) do I take EK or EY? Already rated and had the fun beaten out of me already.

Or neither?

:ouch:

astronaute
6th Jul 2010, 10:53
Neither !!!!!! :hmm:

Gulf Course
6th Jul 2010, 11:04
You have been offered a B777 job with EY? or not even attended an interview yet?

EY EVP
6th Jul 2010, 16:03
"Might be the wrong thread but given two job offers (both 777) do I take EK or EY? Already rated and had the fun beaten out of me already.

Or neither?.."

EK a much better managed company than EY, more stable, less surprises, making a profit, factors influencing a long term career choice.....

EK better T&C:s as in a proper retirement plan in the 12 % company contribituion..
...profit sharing..
... company transport to work ( no need second car for wifey )... ....currency fluctuation protection versus your home currency...
...better medical protection in that all your family can use the EK clinic for free INCLUDING dental coveage ( EY pilots sending family to Bangkok etc for dental checkups as not covered by EY insuarance and BKK cheaper than UAE )...
...and when you go long term sick in EY you are not paid salary beyond 6 weeks ( unless offered office job ) while in EK no such issues, any pilots out with longterm issues supported...
....EK housing situation better than EY with villas provided for pilots with families....

sure I am missing something, please feel free to add to this list....

astronaute
6th Jul 2010, 17:51
Yes you are missing some !

You compare EY with EK. Don t !

You should compare with Fly Dubai, a low cost !:mad:

sec 3
6th Jul 2010, 19:28
Spot on assessment evp! Ek is easily the better choice.

Trimmed_Flaps
7th Jul 2010, 02:43
Thanks for the insights.

Gives me some direction, I appreciate it.

Flaps

sandpit
8th Jul 2010, 15:14
Everything EY EVP says is true. However, having worked for both, I was far FAR happier at EY.............

RemoveB4Flght
8th Jul 2010, 16:02
Everything EY EVP says is true. However, having worked for both, I was far FAR happier at EY.............

You weren't on the 320 fleet mate

PilatusDriver
9th Jul 2010, 13:54
Hello all,

Would someone be kind enough to forward a copy of what to anticipate on the written technical exam for the interview?

Much apperciated,

PD