PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

LindbergB767
20th Jul 2005, 14:15
I am an Expat since 12 years and considering to join Ethiad. Anybody there who can get me some informations about the airlines. I understand that some peoples there are not happy with the managements but it seems it is a common problem with many others airlines
Thank s

gccpro
31st Aug 2005, 21:02
Welcome to Dubious Dhabi, haha! fun place to be doobie doobie doo!Dadadada, Dodobie do dada!

tinamdfaa
1st Sep 2005, 10:32
......including himself!

Welcome to the new QR, improved this time!!!

Flynbyu, wish you'd stop pretending its all fine, whether the Sheikh wields the stick or not is not going to make it anydifferent far below where everyone sits waiting for providence in the form of good management that seems to be late in coming.

What will it take for things to move forward?

All I see now is heading select to catastrophy!

Wake up!

Jack D
1st Sep 2005, 13:36
Shame about all this infighting. The task of creating a serious Airline from scratch is a mighty one and as long as management positions are filled from overly ambitious people with little or no background or education for the role , the project is doomed to failure.

Popularity alone doesn,t cut it , transient alliegances , back stabbing , and office politics of the worse kind are not proper grounds for promotion. Real experience , a suitable education ,
and a thorough selection procedure , including psychometrics is the only way forward. That means recruit the best to be found from outside , avoiding the ridiculous mistakes of the past, and clean out Flt Ops immediately.

The money is there , unlike so many other companies, the desire and will amongst the crews and others is there , for the moment ,
but the longer this goes on , coupled with expansion on this scale , the harder it will be to clean up the mess

Gendec
2nd Sep 2005, 11:40
Full of heads, but I wonder what head means at the end of the day, can't see anyone making a viable decision that will change this saga into the wonderfull adventure it was deemed to be when they started.

If they cannot manage with less than 1000 crew, how will they manage with the 3000 projected and the 30 or so planes on their way?

There is only one way out and if I am right, most of EY employees will be knocking on the doors elswhere to find a job.

The moral is that when the cheese is in your mouth and you are the crow perched high on the tree, when the fox sings your praise below, he is doing it for two reasons:

1st for the cheese because he knows that you are going to crow back about how good you are going to be.

2nd for your feathers if you dare fly down the cheese you have just dropped.

Everyone sang for EY, but instead of getting down to business and putting the structure together, they all became cocky. And this is where they are now!

There is an expression that says: Money, cannot and will never get you everything, and I believe its true.

doniacleavage
3rd Sep 2005, 03:58
Hi everyone how are you?

I am just back from IBIZA, please tell me if I have to go to the catering unit or if the unit will come to me.

Also I need some information for my tailor for the belly dancing suit, does it have to be Red and gold? I just brought back with me from Egypt a fake Pierre Cardin one in emerald green.
For the cake, is it airconditionned?

And the sands, shou? they are not tired of the same place all the time? Why we don't have the party at le Meridian it's much nicer we can have it on the fourth floor, in the VIP club, all my habibis go there.

Yani you decide, but call me anyway after three today and before nine.

timnfaya
3rd Sep 2005, 13:19
JD - you are spot on mate.

It's time this company recognised the potential of so many of staff that it was lucky enough to attract but have been left in chains and considered threats to the ex and now again present regime.

What a fantastic opportunity to join such a young company in such a strong financial position and with brand new aircraft on the way. But that's exactly what EY is, a company and not what a few want it to be - the flying club.

CC presented such an opportunity for us to move forward. Sure you may not all like him and nobody is perfect but at least he is approachable and heard everyone's ideas. You can hardly call him a bully or accuse him of treating the company like his playground. The fact that he seems to have a professional good and strong relationship with RS can only be good too.

As far as the in-fighting goes, considering we almost double in size by th end of this year all you back office staff have far too much time on your hands and it really is time to shut up, gather the facts and move on - YOU'RE DRAGGING US ALL DOWN.

fullforward
3rd Sep 2005, 16:06
Check you PM, please.

doniacleavage
4th Sep 2005, 12:48
Please Tina Canon, I never said I would accept it was only suggested by Ahmed last night.

And besides I know nonthing about performance and operations and even less about finance beyond the 120 ks my Echo can deliver on the way to the airport.

Ostazbahram
5th Sep 2005, 15:26
And.........

Special appearance of Tina from commercial, who comes to declare her ever unphased love to you know who!!!! Apparently a very romantic and touching scene as she lands in transformed
AUH int'l and arrives at EY HQ unexpected with a bouquet of orchids...

Then her husband appears, (He was in the new wing visiting AY, but knew nothing of Tina visiting) somehow a wee larger than the pretender she came to declare too, but this time there is no escape and no jumping out of windows......

Security gets involved and Abu Agla comes to the rescue and so does facilities maintenance (Who drill out a new window and door, for effect), Of course there is a scene and everyone is hanging at the few words of defiance coming out of the loved one's mouth.

I bet that Donia will also make a special apearance on this one with her friends. This will be the artsy bit of the show.

How would you rate this thrill wise?

:E

Ostazbahram
5th Sep 2005, 15:40
Once the airline starts the way it has, there is no way going back.

The proof is in the pudding, any pro that ever did work for them left.

The rest speaks for itself. All profiteers on comission.

Whatever happens from now on, is just dribble in the face of a doomed corporate entity, pretending but unable to move even the most compassionate, an airline that will never be able to adjust to today's market allbeit with strokes of millions, as though this was the solution to any problem.

But that is still ok in comparaison to the worst that this organisation is headed for and that is disorder and disculpability, a scene from not so long ago under the same managment not to far away, and what happened will remain logged in history as the darkest days of an airline and if not enough perhaps a city, a state and its people.

Where I come from we learnt that the hard way!

Ostazbahram
7th Sep 2005, 20:04
Has anyone ever wondered hwat education level this guy aqeel is, if I remember correctly he did not complete primary school...

It says a lot for a VP finance for an International airline!

The other one from Oman learned English when he was posted in London after he broke his back.

It says it all does it not?

fullforward
7th Sep 2005, 20:17
Sorry, but would please enlighten better your points?
Are you EY staff, crew or management? Were you rejected?
I really couldn't get what are you trying to say!...do you mean the airline you supposedly work for is run by a handfull of morons?
What's really going on whithin EY?

Earl Hadlea
8th Sep 2005, 07:06
"..............What's really going on whithin EY?"

Obviously not a lot, judging by the reported standards of some of their so called "management" team.

Maybe EK is not so bad after all. :E

Ostazbahram
9th Sep 2005, 08:28
Earl;

You could not be closer to the truth. Don't know what EK is like but no one in their right mind should seek employment with these tossers at EY, if only you knew what I know about what they were upto in their previous carrier........ Even their friends many of whom are now with EK are avoiding them, ask around...

I am surprised this lot are even employed and not in Jail, for all they stole from their previous employer.

fullforward
9th Sep 2005, 20:59
Check your PM, please.

Mustapha Rex
23rd Sep 2005, 07:36
It is no matter; let no images
Be hung with Caesar's trophies. I'll about,
And drive away the vulgar from the streets:
So do you too, where you perceive them thick.
These growing feathers pluck'd from Caesar's wing
Will make him fly an ordinary pitch,
Who else would soar above the view of men
And keep us all in servile fearfulness.

Lethalfart
23rd Sep 2005, 13:51
So when are the 777's coming? I understand that they won't be here til Jan 2006!

Another challenge for the mentally challenged but what equipment will they use to get to their destinations? Are they not set to operate to Toronto soon?

SunnySideUp99
26th Sep 2005, 07:54
The whole Etihad Management Saga seems to have gone very quiet!!

Is this good news? Are people too frightened to say anything? Is it still continuing? Whats happened to all the people previously mentioned?

If so what was the final outcome? / What is the current situation?

Are people happier now??

SSU99

SunnySideUp99
28th Sep 2005, 16:28
So I take things are Fine and Dandy in the puzzle that is Etihad??

Or are people too afraid to talk?

SSU99

NYC
28th Sep 2005, 17:35
Hi guys,

has anyone information about their screening and selection process? I am not rated on either the B777 or A330, just flying the A320, but it seems even non rated pilots will get a chance soon...who knows more or even took part in a screening without being rated??

Thanks guys, appreciate any information!!

greetings

Lethalfart
29th Sep 2005, 11:44
Absolutely, and on their way to becoming the biggest brothel in the middle east.

With a set of crooks and pimps to match.

The only thing missing is the opium den, but then again hey that might just be the next thing coming!

Lethalfart
3rd Oct 2005, 12:25
Are they not moving their headquarters to Casablanca?

I hear they want to meet the late aircraft half way!

:E

ruby tuesday
3rd Oct 2005, 15:41
That AACO website is hardly up to date is it? You look at QR and those that are current employees are about 50% - changing by the date no doubt....

fullforward
21st Oct 2005, 22:11
But, what you really mean, boy, what's your point?
Or you've just forgot your regular daily medicin?

Sheikha Lezbihonest
22nd Oct 2005, 10:38
So IFB still gargling on the sea-men?

Or is someone's pole stuck so deep that your vocal chords are overextended?

Sheikh Ahmed BinSaif
22nd Oct 2005, 11:11
you come abudhabi I chow you! Etihad the best arlain adn the crew bestr, fram evireeware!

storie from you is li

best ayrplain and nu ayrport

Sheikha Lezbihonest
22nd Oct 2005, 15:54
..........................Amen!

fullforward
22nd Oct 2005, 23:09
Men, fgawdsake, what the hell are you talking about??
I know 8 professionals currently with EY and they seems happy.
How these supposed scandals are impacting day by day life of people had joined? Or at least could impact?
From time to time I see on this Forum some people telling about terrible misterious scandalls, but they don't go any further than vague accusations.
I fail to see any sense on it, it doesn't do any help to our community.
Some users of the wonderful tool simply didn't deserve the right to post all that s...t here.

jollyikarus
2nd Nov 2005, 19:00
...and your message is, Hazrail????

If you haven't got anything sensible to say, go and pray...so that some wisdom might overcome and enlighten you!

Shalom and Cheers!

Ikarus

ginopino
18th Aug 2006, 08:44
What about the selection process ?

noflare
18th Aug 2006, 09:03
:} Yeah! wot about it!

Herbsnspices
18th Aug 2006, 09:08
Ginopino,

many threads were raised on this same issue please refer back to them for any cues

4HolerPoler
18th Aug 2006, 11:26
Nuff said. Thread closed.

4HP

chrispatrickGA
23rd Sep 2006, 16:19
:( It seems EY has opted for a new tougher selection program which will be in force soon...
PSYchotecnics, PSYgroup tests...
Anybody knows more about it?:rolleyes:

popay
23rd Sep 2006, 16:28
heard the same rumor about QR!! Right so. Its about time they sort out the psychos occupying the skies!!! All of them should get rid of their extremists attitude wise and cowboys in the skies.!! :mad:

boeing-man
23rd Sep 2006, 18:59
Nicely said popay, some of those 'drop-outs' from dodgy companies are really scary. Should not be hired just because they can fly a raw data ILS in the sim. It's more about the attitude than anything else these days. Heard they are still cleaning up the mess from the previous recruitment team.

loc22550
24th Sep 2006, 05:09
If itīs true, this will be a great news, and a great step forward..:D

noflare
24th Sep 2006, 10:01
Are we headed down the EK road of a totally HR driven recruitment process?

This really needs to be well thought out and balanced otherwise we will be no better off, it will just become an expensive HR exercise which does nothing to improve flt Ops it will only increase the size of the HR empire.

lets hope the new recruitment guy is upto the task!:rolleyes:

chrispatrickGA
24th Sep 2006, 14:47
Anyway WHO is having an interview between 16th and 18th of October with Etihad..?:rolleyes:

skywaytoheaven
24th Sep 2006, 18:21
Very sad to see more and more selection processes becoming HR driven and less about the pilots, the real guy's we fly with. No doubt this will mean more brushing up on spelling and grammer in order to fly some nice airliners... where did I put my 4th form English books!

loc22550
25th Sep 2006, 06:34
Well HR involved in recruitment can be a good thing up to a certain limit of course...Just to avoid the "extreme"..
As Boeing man said pilot doesn't only mean being able to fly a aircraft...
(unfortunatly in some part of the world still it is the only requirement...!):\

popay
25th Sep 2006, 07:24
Hi there,
well I think we all would agree hat MODERATION is the key, like anything else in this world. I'm also against an extensive assessment like Austrian where one travels for a month or so between Zurich and Vienna and at the end of the day nobody knows any more who is who? However I think the presence of HR people might be an advantage providing the selection board with different views. I do agree their opinion should be advisory. I'd prefer to see a selection board comprising of pilots Capt and F/o, HR and psychologist. Never the less we all know it people do change with the time passing by caused by many factors in life therefore there's a need to monitor the progress or regress of the attitude in professional matter. Sooner or later I think a psychologist will be a part of the annual medical.
Cheers.

Camelseyes
26th Sep 2006, 10:25
Isnt it a little too late to be introducing the Psycho tests for new applicants NOW ? What about all the crew who had slipped in through the cracks previously , some who are now lodged in management/training ? {During the days of the "friend get friend" entry requirement :rolleyes: } Shouldnt THEY be subjected to these tests too ? Most of these guys were the first to leave their airlines and rushed to join EY only because of their dodgy records or personality issues , failed entry tests to other airlines etc . I propose all crew present and future be made to take an independent Psycho audit . Otherwise this effort will be kinda like coating a lump of turd with caramel icing just so it will look and smell better. :eek:

wallflower
26th Sep 2006, 13:26
My sentiments exactly Camelseyes!

CAT IIIB
1st Oct 2006, 10:51
Most of these guys were the first to leave their airlines and rushed to join EY only because of their dodgy records or personality issues , failed entry tests to other airlines etc . :

THAT IS NOT TRUE MY FRIEND!!

THEY DO NOT LEAVE THEIR AIRLINES BECAUSE OF ATTITUDE PROBLEMS,NEITHER POOR PERFORMANCE, NOR FAILURES TO GET INTO OTHER AIRLINES.INFACT I FIND THEM TO BE AMONGST THE BEST TRAINED AND EXPERIENCED PILOTS IN THE REGION.

PART OF IT IS CAREER PROGRESS .THEIR CAREER MOVEMENT WAS AT A STANDSTILL AND STAGNANT BACKTHEN AND WILL STILL BE IF THEY HADN'T MOVED!

PLEASE DO NOT SIMPLY THROW ANY FALSE ACCUSATIONS OUT OF ENVY AND JEALOUSY ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU YOURSELF CAN'T MAKE THE GRADE!

CHEERS.

crazy_pilot
1st Oct 2006, 18:19
:( It seems EY has opted for a new tougher selection program which will be in force soon...
PSYchotecnics, PSYgroup tests...
Anybody knows more about it?:rolleyes:

I would also like to know about above program too, as i have been offered an interview in the systems area. Not sure if the above only applicable to flight crew?:confused:

popay
3rd Oct 2006, 16:22
crazy_pilot, hi there. As far as it the technical part concerns I'd suggest just to read the prepare for CX or EK or QR interview. Books like Handling the big jets or Ace the technical questions would do it too. Its not really difficult one just has to remember all those strange dry ATP topics.:ok:
Cheers.

crazy_pilot
3rd Oct 2006, 21:01
crazy_pilot, hi there. As far as it the technical part concerns I'd suggest just to read the prepare for CX or EK or QR interview. Books like Handling the big jets or Ace the technical questions would do it too. Its not really difficult one just has to remember all those strange dry ATP topics.:ok:
Cheers.

thanks popay for ur response, while u did your best to help it actually confused me even further,
my questiion was that new EY selection program which includes PSYchotecnics, PSYgroup tests etc applicable to cabin crew only OR it's applicable to all jobs, including IT for which i will be inerviewed

Not sure if any member here have had interview with EY for IT specific jobs or non cabin crew jobs, cos that way i can be certin whether i will be going through PSYchotecnics, PSYgroup tests.

As far as it the technical part concerns I'd suggest just to read the prepare for CX or EK or QR interview

Not sure where i can get this, and more importantly applicable to IT jobs?

Books like Handling the big jets or Ace the technical questions would do it too. Its not really difficult one just has to remember all those strange dry ATP topics.:ok:
Cheers.

I guess i can buy the book over the net but that would be applicable to back office job, i.e IT?

Would be ideal to hear from a memebr here who has gone through the inetrveiew process for IT jobs :ok:
Cheers

ROLLA
14th Oct 2006, 21:00
hi guys can anyone tell me what the etihad 3day interview is about and if anyone will be attending the 16 oct:eek:

h-f-radio
20th Oct 2006, 03:21
:eek: all what I can say good luck ,and study hard

chrispatrickGA
21st Oct 2006, 06:01
So guys who already passed the interview between the 16th and 18 th of October can you share this 3 days selection process experience please?:rolleyes: :O
We are looking forward to hearing from you....

Rule35
26th Oct 2006, 22:49
Just read through the website.Vacancies for First Officers A330,A340 and 777 and DECs as well.Apparently there is a new improved package offered...

amberman
27th Oct 2006, 06:17
The housing allowance has increased slightly, still not enough to cover your cost for apartments or villas. There is the company provided accommodation for Apartments only and they are really not up to my personal standard. The personal insurance was changed to a different company with a small increase to benefits. There is some rumors that the basic pay will increase but that has yet to be seen. Personally I think they need to keep working at it to fill the upcoming vacancies.

Bredrin
28th Oct 2006, 05:12
Amberman you are correct on everything except medical. It has gone up from a maximum of AED250,000 per family member per year to AED2,500,000. Much better with the intricacies remaining pretty much the same including woefully inadequate dental and optical coverage.

Bredrin
28th Oct 2006, 05:18
EY or EK? Depends on whether you are a Capt, FO, with family or not, love Dubai with all its excitement (and traffic), love Abu Dhabi and its slower pace.
An optimist that EY will improve housing soon or not a believer.
Enjoy being in the big machinery of EK or in the fledgling EY that you can help grow. ie; seniority 1700 or 370.
It's a very personal thing and I know folks at both carriers who KNOW they made the right choice. I KNOW I DID!

fractional
28th Oct 2006, 14:54
EY or EK? Depends on whether you are a Capt, FO, with family or not, love Dubai with all its excitement (and traffic), love Abu Dhabi and its slower pace.
For how long?

Bredrin
28th Oct 2006, 16:41
FRACTIONAL....There are no guarantees...Hopefully for as long as I want to be here.

Guam360
30th Oct 2006, 09:24
Bredrin,
I am not quite sure where you are coming from, so I take you prefer EY, and chosen to be there and like it? it that true?

I was in the Q right behind ETD tonight out of JFK(340). any other opyomistic points about the airline?

Bredrin
1st Nov 2006, 04:41
Bredrin,
I am not quite sure where you are coming from, so I take you prefer EY, and chosen to be there and like it? it that true?
I was in the Q right behind ETD tonight out of JFK(340). any other opyomistic points about the airline?

Lots or rumors about improvements to package...but when we see it..we'll believe it

pilotusa
7th Nov 2006, 14:34
Just received an email from Etihad noting that my name was on their records, they have a limited number of openings and was I still interested.
I filled out the online application almost two years ago and never followed up because I never even got the time of day from them.
I was very curious what is going on there that they are going back two years fishing for pilot applicants. While I meet their A330/340 captain qualifications, I find it strange that they are not inundated with other pilots equally qualified and eager to work there.
Anyone know what is going on?

fractional
7th Nov 2006, 17:01
Just read through the website.Vacancies for First Officers A330,A340 and 777 and DECs as well.Apparently there is a new improved package offered...
http://www.flightglobal.com/Jobs/2006/11/06/9001007/TEST.html
Another little problem:ugh:?

crazy_pilot
7th Nov 2006, 17:04
Just received an email from Etihad noting that my name was on their records, they have a limited number of openings and was I still interested.
I filled out the online application almost two years ago and never followed up because I never even got the time of day from them.
I was very curious what is going on there that they are going back two years fishing for pilot applicants. While I meet their A330/340 captain qualifications, I find it strange that they are not inundated with other pilots equally qualified and eager to work there.
Anyone know what is going on?

Exprineced the same thing, got a call to say that they want to interview for a job, told them i did not apply for a job, they said i did over a year ago,:confused:

stratocumulus
8th Nov 2006, 09:45
they are desperate amigo........
no qualified folks around....theyll take anything with two hands and two legs

pilotusa
8th Nov 2006, 14:26
they are desperate amigo........
no qualified folks around....theyll take anything with two hands and two legs

Two years ago I would have been on the first flight to Abu Dhabi with my bags packed. Now that my airline has miraculously avoided liquidation, I'm much better off staying put.

Severely Jetlagged
9th Nov 2006, 05:21

May be they are just scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

pilotusa
9th Nov 2006, 18:39
May be they are just scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Dear God's-gift-to-aviation -

Just what is your claim to fame?

chrispatrickGA
10th Nov 2006, 03:15
We heard recently that GF stopped the process of selection of some pilots who were intending to join EY....No doubt the EY selection guys are calling back a lot of pilots... they were relying on GF pilots and that ban screw up their plans.....:rolleyes:

fractional
10th Nov 2006, 11:25
http://www.gulf-news.com/nation/Housing_and_Property/10080765.html
Will this work, really? On paper it looks good, but...:confused: Who's going to control or inspect that the rule is being complied?
Market rules will dictate as Real Estates say:
Some dealers feel the shortage of properties in Abu Dhabi and its suburbs has led to the sky-rocketing rents.
It'll take some time before AUH property market meets the demand, and then the price will continue to go up because properties are owned by people who want it to go up anyway. Profit! Profit! Profit!:{

Ian Turner
10th Nov 2006, 16:50
Hi Guy's

I'm a USA Pilot been flying in the States and rest of world for 20+ years.

Looking to finish my Aviation Career flying for a few years around the rest of the world.

Can anyone that's a current Pilot with Etihad Airways tell me what it's been like working there.

Thanks
Ian

c560xl
10th Nov 2006, 20:48
Hi Every one.

I have got an interview with Etihad nxt month.
I need a serious advise from the guys who have been through the interview since last few weeks.
I know there might be a lot of info regarding Etihad Interview but I want to hear from some one who went through the intervieiew from 11th Nov till 13th Nov. pls Pvt mail if u can. I will really appreciate ur help.
:cool:

NG_Kaptain
11th Nov 2006, 02:07
Good luck Ian and c5, got mine soon also.

EasyGo-Lucky?
11th Nov 2006, 02:35
Hi Ian,

So far its been a blast. Its not perfect by any means but I've had no regrets. I enjoy living in Abu Dhabi and the lifestyle it offers and after a long time I now look forward to going to work.

Accommodation is probably the biggest drawback. The Company provided is barely sufficient in my opinion but then it depends on what you are expecting or are used to. The overall package appears to be always under review and so far it has only improved except for standby duty which is now paid at half the original rate. The arrival of James Hogan has been seen as very positive by all the ex Gulf Air crew here but for the majority of us the verdit is still out. Its hard to say how he'll do after such a short time.

Cost of living I consider reasonable but again it is what you are accustomed to and what lifestyle you expect to maintain and wife too now I think of it. There is no tax and your biggest purchase will probably be a boat or a car which are much cheaper than the prices I am used to back in Europe. Loans are no problem once you have your UAE residence visa which takes about 2 weeks.

Flying wise I doubt you will find better. The relationship with the cabin crew is excellent. I haven't felt any pressure from above on fuel or delays etc which again has been a welcome change. The rosters are a little odd in the flight distribution where you tend to have a week of tight flying then a relaxed week etc but at the end of the month most importantly I don't feel anywhere near as tired as I did in my previous Company.

I have found my greener grass for now but again I cannot speak for all. If you are offered an interview then I would suggest at least using it to have a look if nothing else.

Best of luck.

spankythai
14th Nov 2006, 07:05
Anyone know what the training bond would be for a DEC on the Bus for a 767 Capt with no Bus experience at Etihad?? Thanks and PARTY ON!!!

Rogi
14th Nov 2006, 10:31
What about the end of service benefits ? How much is it ? How many years do you have to stay to get it all ? (7 yrs in EK)

Cheers,
Rogi

Toubob
15th Nov 2006, 04:36
There are no end of service benifits assuch at Etihad. Right now the closest thing you get is one months pay for every year of service asseverence pay.
As to the other post about bonding. All bonds are for five years. They are not amortized. the 777 bond is AED 294, 000.
so if you come as an F/O and get an upgrade on the 330 that is AED 220000,
then get trained on the 340 another 74000. then in two years another course on the 380 add AED 294 000. you will owe them around 600 000 and three or four years to go on the bond.
There is lots of room for improvement and rumours of an improved package on the horizon. Rumours being as good as the paper they are written on. However our lot here has been steadily improving in bits and pieces. For example a much better insurance package, and some company provided apartments showing up. I am optimistic that with the new management coming in changes well come.

340flyer
15th Nov 2006, 14:51
Look guys, all airlines have their problems including Etihad. But it has changed dramatically in the last year and it does still have its problems but many were also resolved too. We must look at the bright side of things. The new managment change has only taken place in the last 3 weeks. I think we need to give them time before we can see the good side or the bad side. For the time being i look forward to further improvements in the working conditions in Etihad. I have been there for some time and i am generally very happy to be here. I love Abu Dhabi and its a great life style. :D

Blocksoff
15th Nov 2006, 15:52
Hi guys, iīve been offered a position as a FO for the 767 in Ethiad, does anyone knows about what to expect? 777 progression etc... housing routes etc...
All help is welcome.:ok:

crazy_pilot
15th Nov 2006, 17:41
good luck mate, hope the thread below will give you a starting point...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249792&page=1

c560xl
18th Nov 2006, 20:04
Hi Guys,

Any good news from the guys went for an interview on 11th nov.
Any updates, any gouge.

:confused:

c560xl
18th Nov 2006, 20:11
Hi Guys,

Any news from the guys went for an interview on 11th Nov.
Any updates, Any gouge
:hmm:

EasyGo-Lucky?
20th Nov 2006, 03:03
don’t believe when they say as soon when you arrive your Villa with Swimming pool is going to be ready in 3 weeks......nothing but the truth...

Yeah right! Since when has anyone been promised a Villa with swimming pool? If you are going to state "nothing but the truth" then stick to it.

I agree accommodation is the biggest drawback at Etihad. I can't say for sure whether the company provided accommodation is sufficient or not, it all depends on what each individuals idea of sufficient is. Its certainly below my expectations so I looked elsewhere. You forgot to mention that you can even use your housing allowance to pay off a mortgage which some are already doing.

For anyone interested in EY do ask about accommodation at the interview. Its a problem area but things have been moving admittedly at a slow pace.

Thats my take on nothing but the truth.

cantilever
20th Nov 2006, 04:53
Well said EGL

I cannot believe anyone was promised a villa wih a swimming pool.
Housing is still a problem but its heading in the right direction...if you come here with unrealistic expectations you will be dissappointed....best stay in your palace at home!.

Certain crew both Flt & Cabin stay in their rooms and eat pot noodles in every airline...its hardly unique to EY!

Regarding the night pyjamas...have the Wee Willy Winkie hats and Superman dressing gowns also gone!!..

expatula
20th Nov 2006, 07:48
Housing is still a problem but its heading in the right direction...

Can you please elaborate what you mean by heading in the right direction? I hope we can be more specific than speak about these things in general terms. So you mean the pilots have their own villas now? I hope this is what you mean...:rolleyes:

boeing-man
20th Nov 2006, 09:01
Does heading right direction mean that they give you a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment and expect your 4 kids to entertain themselves playing/riding the elevator up and down? or is this your own unique problem?

semper fi
21st Nov 2006, 03:59
Guys, you know what? Before you go jumping off a bridge and find out your bungee isn't tied to your tongue, why don't you ask yourselve's, do I live in a villa where I come from with a swimmig pool and maid and a driver?

I mean really, people who go to EK "mostly" get what is promised to them as far as housing is concerned, the airline has existed for more than 2 decades and there is a good supply of housing in the Dubai area.

Abu Dhabi on the other hand has been slow to get on the real estate band wagon and prices are generally steeper in the capital. This accomodation problem is not unique to EY, other companies also suffer the same predicament. I know many proffesionals who are still waiting for decent housing also.

So before you even think about making the "move" ask yourself?

1. Did I do my homework and reseach enough about the country I plan to live in?
2. Do I live in a villa back home complete with all the bells and whistles I think I should have?

3. Is coming to this company or any other company worth making the move for my pleasure or to invest time and effort into building this company up to the level you think it can achieve?

It's all about realistic goals and expectations, you know there is a housing problem at this point so going there and bitching about it really doesn't do anything for anyone.

Stay home in your 5 bedroom airconditioned villas complete with maid and driver and two car garage. Otherwise come out here with an open mind and expect some hassle till you settle down. :ok:

desertwarrior
21st Nov 2006, 05:14
I hope by now that pilots considering joining Etihad will have built up a better picture about working for the Company, and living in Abu Dhabi, having read through the previous posts on this forum. From my perspective, the airline has enormous potential, and continues to realize that potential daily, note the 37th destination announced recently in just 3 years. Working conditions and renumeration have improved steadily, yes with minor hiccups, but we're moving in the right direction, and are currently under review again for an increase. The issue with housing, as was mentioned earlier, is a continuing issue, but new joiners are getting housing within a reasonable time of joining, and those of us here are steadily moving into company provided apartments. Yes, apartments, don't come here expecting villas unless you're willing to shell out some extra Dirhams, which by the way is your perogative, they are available, but people, what exactly is the problem with that, as far as I know people, including pilots, are known to live in apartments and condos in North America and Europe, except that most of the time they're paying out of their own pockets for that privilege in those places, here we don't. As far as bringing kids here goes, there is lots to do here, scuba diving, skiing both water and snow, ice skating, sailing, fishing, karting, dune bashing, camping to name a few, my kids have not yet had to resort to riding elevators for entertainment. Some of our esteemed collegues need to grow up and stop whinging :{ about pajamas and pot noodles, and see the big picture. And here's the disclaimer, I'm not management, just a line pilot who's happy as hell to be living and working here. Ma Salama:ok:

Sir Osis of the river
21st Nov 2006, 08:24
Semper Fi,

To answer you, yes I came from a nice villa elsewhere with most of the bells and whistles. (No driver) I brought most of them with me and they just plain wont fit into what is on offer. The folks looking at joining now have a clear picture right now and can make an informed decision. However, those of us that joined some time back had no such insight and were "hoodwinked".

Regarding other proffessionals, yes they also struggle to find accom, but at least their companies cough up. The building industry get up to Aed180 000, and lets not mention what our fellow professionals at Royal jet and ATC's get.

Hopefully things will continue to improve.:ok:

fractional
21st Nov 2006, 09:21
I mean really, people who go to EK "mostly" get what is promised to them as far as housing is concerned, the airline has existed for more than 2 decades and there is a good supply of housing in the Dubai area.

In case you didn't know, 20 years ago, and according to the "pioneers", the EK housing was not bad at all and people did not have EY's problem. The only thing they didn't have was the PPRuNe.:cool:

cantilever
21st Nov 2006, 17:47
There are a few points I fail to understand from the serial whingers, perhaps someone could clarify;

1 If life in your homeland was so good why did you leave to come to EY?

2 If EY is so unbearable why do you stay?

Housing allowance increased (not nearly enough) but surely this is a step in the right direction...schooling increased..(no one paid my kids education at home!).
My kids certainly do not amuse themselves in the elevator and if yours do maybe you should consider joining a club....then again maybe they are not upto standard!

Time for some of us to grow up,... EY is far from perfect but come here with realistic expectations and do some homework ....:ugh:

pilotusa
21st Nov 2006, 19:35
Hi Guy's

I'm a USA Pilot been flying in the States and rest of world for 20+ years.

Looking to finish my Aviation Career flying for a few years around the rest of the world.

Can anyone that's a current Pilot with Etihad Airways tell me what it's been like working there.

Thanks
Ian

I had an interesting email exchange with an EY management type a few weeks ago. You may want to stay put. This guy is an A, number one, A**h***.

avinash
24th Nov 2006, 06:26
Hello Friends,
I'm new here. This is my first post. I have just read all the comments about Etihad and also seen their ad. Please tell me, is it worth giving up a left seat in 737-800 in India for a right seat in a 777 in Etihad? I ask this in the context of Company and Social environments as well as the 777. I'd be grateful for all your comments. Thanks.

Severely Jetlagged
24th Nov 2006, 08:15
Avinash,

I think you will find that Etihad have enough qualified B777 first officers applying for the few remaining positions on the fleet that your application would not see the light of day.

I've heard they may consider non-rated (non A320/330/340 or B777) pilots in the future but not right now. I've a friend in a similar situation which is why I can provide an answer.

NG_Kaptain
25th Nov 2006, 05:33
London's Control, I see you are 17 years old. Are you a bit young to be making pronouncements on this forum?

Tintin
27th Nov 2006, 16:46
I would like to have some info from insider please on the T&C:

Housing allowance of 108 000 is that enough for a villa???

How's the rostering? biding?

Do they plan for commuting contract or overseas base?

On the web they say 700 aed per duty day is that the per diem or just flight pay??

Average hours on the 330/340 per month?

And the most important one are you guys happy there or you have to fight for everything

thanks

semper fi
27th Nov 2006, 17:49
You've opened a new can of worms again with that question, c'mon boys, do the sharks wanna answer objectively or subjectively....again.:}

Tintin
29th Nov 2006, 05:13
I would like to have some info from insider please on the T&C:

Housing allowance of 108 000 is that enough for a villa???

How's the rostering? biding?

Do they plan for commuting contract or overseas base?

On the web they say 700 aed per duty day is that the per diem or just flight pay??

Average hours on the 330/340 per month?

And the most important one are you guys happy there or you have to fight for everything

thanks

sec 3
29th Nov 2006, 05:19
Hey tintin, I'm sure they want to hire pilots who can't even spell the name of the company properly:eek:

stratocumulus
29th Nov 2006, 05:37
Took the words right
out of my mouth........after all we must protect our high standards:ugh:

stratocumulus
29th Nov 2006, 05:39
Yeahhhhhh mate we are very happy....come on budy join ethiad:=

noflare
29th Nov 2006, 07:00
Hey Strato....did your spellcheck break down!...Buddy!!:}

Tintin
1. No unless you are very lucky

2. Random rostering no bid line although requests are accepted...no guarantees!...

3. No commuting contract (upto the individual if he wants to do it!).. not aware of any plans for overseas base.

4. 700AED per diem (duty day) 350 for SBY....no flight pay.

5. Sorry not on the Bus

6. Some of us are happy but if you read the EY threads you will hear a lot who are not....do your homework and decide if its for you:ok:

stratocumulus
29th Nov 2006, 08:12
NOOOOOOOOOOOO just a typo.....murphys law nobrains

EasyGo-Lucky?
30th Nov 2006, 05:51
Tintin re: ETIHAD again ETIHAD

1. I doubt you'll find a villa for 108,000 or one of a standard you would accept. You could possibly find a decent one at that price in one of the satellite towns that surround Abu Dhabi or try Al Ain where some crew already stay.

2. AED700 is for each day you are on duty, it includes flight pay. There are no other allowances on top.

3. No overseas bases. No commuting contracts. We have a few commuters already but only to such places as Bahrain.

4. Hours vary, especially now with the A345. I average around 40-50 per month at the moment with a mix of long and shorthaul on both A332 and A343/345. I understand the hours will increase next year with the arrival of yet more aircraft.

5. Myself and family very happy and content. As has been said countless times only negative, as far as I am concerned, is accommodation which has improved but still falls very short of my expectations. Company accommodation I would not live in, terrible choice of buildings rather than its only what we can afford I believe. Then again its free so should anyone complain?

cantilever
2nd Dec 2006, 05:28
Hmmmmmmm shortest tenure ever if its true!

Sounds like rumours to me but who knows:eek:

HossaJose
2nd Dec 2006, 18:25
Hello guys!

I am new to this and I just would like to ask for some infos...
I already read through the "Etihad - all you need to know..."-thread in this forum, but I didn't find what I wanted to know.

Here comes:

What is life in AUH like while flying for Etihad (F/O on Airbus)? Can somebody post some details about rosters (days off, stability, stby, nights home per month etc), and living in AUH (costs of living, social life among expats and so on), please? I am thinking about applying there so I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I do so. We'll have a little baby shortly so one major factor for me is living there with a little one and how often will I be able to see it???

Thanks a lot, all answers are highly apprecciated!!!

HossaJose :confused:

the TRUTH about EY
3rd Dec 2006, 06:43
Yes he upset many and made many happy. like the Eastenders EY is turing to ...... drama after drama, back stabbing, firing old and new enemies.

Who is the next CEO ? .. I heard David Brent a.k.a Ricky Gervais from The Office is next. I bet his good init ?

What a Kerfuffle ?

they stopped moving Male Crew to a diffrent buildings and they say it's okay now for males to stay with Females in one building and earlier they said it is the Goverment who wants males seperated from Females so what we can see now all lies were from the begining so how can expceted Crew to do what they call it PERFECT HOST on board aftr all the hussle with Housing Department.

Loads of EY Crew are moving to EK or packing back Home some with loans and some just with some EY playing cards and training and layovers photos to keep for memory.

The Big Bahraini VP Bloke is gone.

AR the Housing Bloke... khalaas is back to Gamco Mamma Hanger.. good for the company and I guess all the C.Crew and F.Dick are happy now.

N**ed B... is in next episode more news to come.

A bin Seif no longer in charge ( Bad news for Moroccan Crew no more late night phone calls and shouting at your CM that is you have a big back support )

Finance Lads there, Any news about Meal allowances or wages increasment for Cabin Crew ? many are upset and threating the company to walk in group in Febaruary to a neighbour Airline if they don't get Meal allowances they been promised for the last 2 years. I heard last deadline is in january.

Happy Flying....

Cheers

cameltoe2006
3rd Dec 2006, 12:20
Ahhhh, the proverbial shining apple... :rolleyes:

ausflyer
6th Dec 2006, 04:16
Any chance of an email address for the HR department pls. Tried the ones previously mentioned however the email bounced straigh back.
Cheers to all,
Aus'

ausflyer
7th Dec 2006, 13:19
Cheers to you,
Aus'

HossaJose
9th Dec 2006, 11:57
Hi!

I had a post a little while ago asking about life in AUH as an Expat pilot. Is there really nobody in here who is willing to give me some details about rosters on the Airbus, the cost of living, social life among Expats and how it is to raise a kid there?

Thanks again for any kind of help/advise!!!

HossaJose :confused:

fractional
9th Dec 2006, 13:51
How about searching?...:rolleyes:
Hi Ian,
So far its been a blast. Its not perfect by any means but I've had no regrets. I enjoy living in Abu Dhabi and the lifestyle it offers and after a long time I now look forward to going to work.
Accommodation is probably the biggest drawback. The Company provided is barely sufficient in my opinion but then it depends on what you are expecting or are used to. The overall package appears to be always under review and so far it has only improved except for standby duty which is now paid at half the original rate. The arrival of James Hogan has been seen as very positive by all the ex Gulf Air crew here but for the majority of us the verdit is still out. Its hard to say how he'll do after such a short time.
Cost of living I consider reasonable but again it is what you are accustomed to and what lifestyle you expect to maintain and wife too now I think of it. There is no tax and your biggest purchase will probably be a boat or a car which are much cheaper than the prices I am used to back in Europe. Loans are no problem once you have your UAE residence visa which takes about 2 weeks.
Flying wise I doubt you will find better. The relationship with the cabin crew is excellent. I haven't felt any pressure from above on fuel or delays etc which again has been a welcome change. The rosters are a little odd in the flight distribution where you tend to have a week of tight flying then a relaxed week etc but at the end of the month most importantly I don't feel anywhere near as tired as I did in my previous Company.
I have found my greener grass for now but again I cannot speak for all. If you are offered an interview then I would suggest at least using it to have a look if nothing else. Best of luck.
If you continue searching (I know it takes time...) you'll find some more stuff.
Good luck!!!:)

HossaJose
9th Dec 2006, 14:19
@fractional

Thanks, I had read that, and I've also been searching a lot. The only thing is, I've been looking for more detailed information, but never mind, I just continue searching!

fractional
9th Dec 2006, 14:47
HossaJose,
According to people working with EY and this Forum posts, education allowance is now suitable but the housing allowance is very short of the prices on offer for a decent apartment or a villa. Now, without any prejudice, DECENT will have very different interpretations. You may well need to stand in with a minimum of 30% of you own ca$h to get a good home.
EY is very good for either start (F/Os) or end (DECs) of careers. The latter will upset many (F/Os) if the company follows that path.
Flying is pretty much good with very good on board environment with both cockpit and cabin crews. Rosters are quite good, late as ever and there is a lot of chopping and changing.
EY has a great potential and will never ever go bankrupt, not in the next 50 years at least.
EY has been having "living problems" from the very start. Many call them teething and growing problems. They need people who know the (airline) stuff and are given free hand to make very important and decisive steps.
Abu Dhabi, like other Emirates in the UAE, is safe except when you are on the road driving or being driven, quiet for now and there is some stuff for leisure. Things are changing and the Dubai "horror" stories will eventually arrive there too with the projected level of development for the city and surroundings.
However, Emirates and Dubai still please me.:)

HossaJose
9th Dec 2006, 15:24
Fractional,
Thank you very much for this post, that was more the kind I was looking for.
Always happy landings,

HJ

fractional
15th Dec 2006, 18:33
All is too quiet here, alias down the highway... It's the weekend!

green lemon
16th Dec 2006, 12:54
it s because we are too busy looking at other airlines having their pilot package raised and ordering aircraft... :bored:

noflare
18th Dec 2006, 17:27
The fact that the guy ended up in the CAA sums his achievments up!
Had he been any use then other carriers would have snapped him up.

Smacks of jobs for the boys Im afraid!:ugh:

Icarus
18th Dec 2006, 17:33
On almost every thread about every airline in this forum you end up seeing:

How hard did so & so fight to improve your housing and education allowances?
What exactly did so & so do to improve the flight deck crews working conditions at xx airline?

You guys know your terms and conditions. You know your salary. You know your allowances. ALL BEFORE YOU SIGN A CONTRACT.
Why bother coming in the first place if all you ever bitch about is not being paid enough?

Trashed Aviator
19th Dec 2006, 08:08
You wont get any commanders till the base salary is at least 10k USD

Hazrail
19th Dec 2006, 09:05
Boys will be boys,

For once EY has a management team that for the least brings everyone hope that things will finally get better. So instead of the bickering we continue to see on this forum, I would recommend you pull the ranks and for once, just for once, truly show what your values stand for.

You can moan all you want about the kumpels but at the end of the day, the way things are looking is that sooner than later, the EY team will be the most dynamic in the region with all the financial and political support to make the outfit into a unique one.

So good luck to all of you and from the past you should know now how to treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Cheers

lovdates
19th Dec 2006, 09:26
I ll take that to heart
:ok:

fractional
19th Dec 2006, 15:03
You guys know your terms and conditions. You know your salary. You know your allowances. ALL BEFORE YOU SIGN A CONTRACT.
Icarus, what they don't say (at least didn't say...) during the interviewing process is the rest of the "local good news", i.e. how much housing is or the quality of the majority of the housing for choosing...", meaning that you'll have to stand in with at least 30% to get a good place to live in. How will you figure it out during an interview process if they don't tell you? At least the education allowance has gone up to acceptable figures which is a good step, however you still need a good HOME for you (alone) or you and your family where applicable :ugh:.
EY Recruitment Team (and others in the area), tell the truth please. Don't put you head in the sand and pretend it's all normal. Tell short-listed applicants what to expect once your training is over. Housing is a primary issue. I believe the rest of stuff is "black-on-white" and the "in-fighting" it's all part of any company with a minor variations (bitching:8 and back-stabbing:E). The other way is :oh:.

aeroplanedriver
19th Dec 2006, 16:29
Hi guys, i have an interview coming up in Feb 07 for a FO possition on the 330. can anybody be so kind to give me some tips on what to expect.....questions etc. Would really appreciate it. :)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

CaptainProp
21st Dec 2006, 07:28
Had the call a few days ago..
Does anyone have info on what to expect during the english test and the rest during day one? Interview/sim on day two?

Any info would be appreciated!

/CP

boeing-man
21st Dec 2006, 15:08
Hi guys, just an article in the local papers to ponder about costs in the UAE. Just sky rocketing! :\

Parents left 'with no option' over fee hike

By Sunita Menon and Siham Al Najami, Staff Reporters

Dubai: Parents say that they are left with no option but to look for schools that have an affordable fee structure.
Five private schools run by the Global Management Systems (Gems) - The Westminster School, The Winchester School, Cambridge International School, Dubai American School and the Modern School - will be bringing in a fee hike of 55 to 70 per cent from next year.
It will be done in two phases once in January 2007 and the next in September 2007.
Gulf News learnt on Tuesday that a verbal approval to go ahead with the fee revision was granted by the Ministry of Education.
"This type of system and monopoly does not work and should not be allowed by the Ministry of Education. It is unbelievable that schools are given the green light to hike their fees every year," said a parent.
Interestingly, the news of Gems receiving the approval has yet to filter down to the corridors of the Ministry of Education and the Dubai Education Zone and only a selected few top officials are aware of it, Gulf News heard .
Teachers at the schools concerned also complained that the fee hike had nothing to do with them receiving a salary increment.
Teachers who spoke to Gulf News said that their average basic salary stands at Dh2,000 and the annual hike they receive is between Dh70 to Dh90.

ironbutt57
21st Dec 2006, 20:30
Well...whatever the politics and other factors involved...looks like our former leaders are up to their hineys in alligators...and unfairly so..think those at EY have a unique opportunity ahead...so as judge Roy Bean used to say...."give 'em a fair trial, then hang 'em" why dont you folks down there just sit back and watch what unfolds....what could it hurt??? You've been doing nothing but bitching about present conditions... change could be a positive thing....but nothing happens overnight...except bankruptcies and redundancies...dont see that happening there..:confused:

jungle1
24th Dec 2006, 05:05
Can anybody please can tell me how picky EY is for hiring? what is the average interview attendants and how many got the job? EK is 1 out of 8 and Qatar is 4 out of 5.

Wylee coyote
24th Dec 2006, 05:43
I'd say chances are 30-50% you'll:* get a job

NG_Kaptain
24th Dec 2006, 09:37
Last two groups were three out of six made it and seven out of fifteen. Most failed the first day mainly in the tech exam and English language test.

priceless
24th Dec 2006, 14:40
is the tech exam about a/c we fly or the school time ....

NG_Kaptain
24th Dec 2006, 18:39
No it's not type specific. More like basic ATP stuff and stuff from their route structure, although the fail rate is 50%..... Merry Christmas

CaptainProp
25th Dec 2006, 16:07
So, is anybody willing to shed some light on the EY interview? There's gotto be someone who have been there or knows something right?

Merry Christmas everybody!
/CP

ersonar
25th Dec 2006, 18:45
Anyone can give me some informations concerning the Recruitment Process with Ethiad Airways? Email: [email protected]

jungle1
27th Dec 2006, 17:03
Thanks a lot for the info Kaptain. How hard can an english test can be? it may be non aeronautical english then... guess lots of grammar and weird words as well... anyway...I'll start reading the Bible or Shakespeare to be ready for the test...and then I'll apply for the job....

NG_Kaptain
27th Dec 2006, 17:14
Its not that difficult, you just have to read the texts carefully before answering. Mainly it is insert the word in the blank and the words are printed in the exam so just select the correct word. Some are words that sound the same but are spelt differently and have different meanings.

priceless
27th Dec 2006, 20:16
No it's not type specific. More like basic ATP stuff and stuff from their route structure, although the fail rate is 50%..... Merry Christmas

thanks for the info

aeroplanedriver
28th Dec 2006, 02:10
Hi Kaptain, thanks for the tips........i am scheduled for an interview in Feb 07.

jungle1
28th Dec 2006, 22:16
One last tip... what to expect from the simulator assesment? what are the maneuvers performed? and how long does it take?.... Happy new year to all....

NG_Kaptain
29th Dec 2006, 02:04
Straight ahead til 1500' then visual circuit, on finals an engine failure or fire with a go around into IMC. Vectors onto an ILS, all raw data and use the bird. Break out at around 500 feet and land. Tolerance is one dot LOC or GS and never exceed 250kts (fly green dot). If you can, practice as much raw data using the bird that you can do before the assesment. They will email you the profile,learn it.
Good Luck

robert3791
29th Dec 2006, 10:16
Straight ahead til 1500' then visual circuit, on finals an engine failure or fire with a go around into IMC. Vectors onto an ILS, all raw data and use the bird. Break out at around 500 feet and land. Tolerance is one dot LOC or GS and never exceed 250kts (fly green dot). If you can, practice as much raw data using the bird that you can do before the assesment. They will email you the profile,learn it.
Good Luck

For which airline assessment is this ?:confused:

NG_Kaptain
29th Dec 2006, 11:16
EY, thats what the thread is.

JunkBus
30th Dec 2006, 04:33
NG
Appreciate any info regarding reference material for the tech quiz. Is it a three day program like Emirates ?

spierpoint jones
30th Dec 2006, 17:42
I was wondering , the people being called in for interviews are you type rated in the aircraft Etihad operate? Or are non typed crew going to Abu Dhabi as well.
All the best....
jones :ok:

NG_Kaptain
30th Dec 2006, 19:36
I've been told that EY's interview process is very similar to Emirates. I read the Emirates Pilot Interview by Capt XYZ,found it very helpful. A must read is Airline Pilot Interviews by Irv Jasinsk, that book did the most for me in preparing for the interview.

priceless
30th Dec 2006, 20:07
I was wondering , the people being called in for interviews are you type rated in the aircraft Etihad operate? Or are non typed crew going to Abu Dhabi as well.
All the best....
jones :ok:

i'm not rated ......

NG_Kaptain
30th Dec 2006, 20:43
They are interviewing non rated pilots. In my group some A320 pilots interviewed for 330 and 340 positions, the also interviewed 767 pilots and told them that they may be placed on the 330/340 or the 777.

JunkBus
31st Dec 2006, 10:21
NG,
Thanks for the info.
JB

Mike Oscar
4th Jan 2007, 16:39
Can someone give me a rough indication of the current rental rates in AED for a decent 2/3 bedroom apartment in Abu Dhabi City itself, or perhaps a house/villa just out of town (but not too far!!).

I'm considering options at the moment. Don't need a huge amount of space, but would be looking for something half-decent, with space for visiting family.

Interested in what you can get for around AED100,000 - 125,000 per annum.

Many thanks,

MO

Trashed Aviator
4th Jan 2007, 16:49
Thats a laugh 125,000 is about half of what you need.
Dont come to the Me.....................you are warned.

Darkjet
4th Jan 2007, 17:00
Check your PM ,:)
Cheers ,
Darkjet

Mike Oscar
4th Jan 2007, 17:02
Trashed,

Thanks. I thought you could get something (reasonable 2 bed apartment?) for that kind of price.

I know prices are rising rapidly, but would be interested in specific examples of what kind of prices people are paying for something reasonable in (or close to) the city. 2-bedrooms fine, 3 would be a bonus.

Rgds,

MO

ME Expat
4th Jan 2007, 18:20
Can someone give me a rough indication of the current rental rates in AED for a decent 2/3 bedroom apartment in Abu Dhabi City itself, or perhaps a house/villa just out of town (but not too far!!).
I'm considering options at the moment. Don't need a huge amount of space, but would be looking for something half-decent, with space for visiting family.
Interested in what you can get for around AED100,000 - 125,000 per annum.
Many thanks,
MO
My apartment is modern, in the middle of town, 2br with balcony, underground parking and it cost AED 96,000.

btw, kitchen and BR are quite large, it has a seperate dining room and free airconditioning, while diswasher, fridge, stove, washer and dryer are also included.

sec 3
4th Jan 2007, 19:09
A few of the guys have moved their families 45min to an hour outside of the city and are paying about 90,000AED for a 4 bedroom villa, electricity and water included. It takes them about 25min to get to the airport. It's very quiet out there, some may even call it a little isolated, it just depends on what you like.:)

Mike Oscar
4th Jan 2007, 20:25
Thanks both, really appreciate it. That's the kind of general info I was looking for, and able to get a reasonable idea of what you get for the same price by moving out of town.

I know prices rising rapidly so will add a percentage to your figures, but gives me some hope!

superman9999
9th Jan 2007, 10:48
Hello all,

I have an interview with Etihad coming up on the 19th of feburary and was hopeing somebody that has recently done the interview or somebody who knows what there new interview consists of could please shine some light on the Etihad interview process.
I know it is a three day process with a technical, english, and physco exam -
What does there technical and physco exam consist of?
What is included in the group execerise?
If successful with day 1 what does the simulator detail include and what aircraft is it on?

What is the best way to prepare for this interview? would the emirates interview prep be of any use?

Thank you very much for you help.

s

superman9999
9th Jan 2007, 10:50
Hello all,

I have an interview with Etihad coming up on the 19th of feburary and was hopeing somebody that has recently done the interview or somebody who knows what there new interview consists of could please shine some light on the Etihad interview process.
I know it is a three day process with a technical, english, and physco exam -
What does there technical and physco exam consist of?
What is included in the group execerise?
If successful with day 1 what does the simulator detail include and what aircraft is it on?

What is the best way to prepare for this interview? would the emirates interview prep be of any use?

Thank you very much for you help.

s

n1rotation
19th Jan 2007, 19:47
Hello Everyone!

Got EY interview coming up mid Feb. Would be most grateful for anyone who has done it lately to please provide some info on technical quiz, group exercise etc.:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Thanks

n1

NG_Kaptain
20th Jan 2007, 00:07
Seems this thread is much more positive than the Emirates one!!!

priceless
20th Jan 2007, 09:35
Hello Everyone!

Got EY interview coming up mid Feb. Would be most grateful for anyone who has done it lately to please provide some info on technical quiz, group exercise etc.:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Thanks

n1

you could find some infos in page 10 onwards

Lost at fl345
20th Jan 2007, 14:25
Hello evrybody first post here i was wondering what is requirements for joinin etihad s a direct line captain with a320 type and the enviroment of the work place cheers for your reponses...

Lost at fl345
20th Jan 2007, 16:38
first timer.... sorry :O

UNOME
21st Jan 2007, 04:53
You are an A320 CAPT and only 22 years old??:8

semper fi
21st Jan 2007, 15:16
You are an A320 CAPTAIN and only 22 years old?

Yeah, amazing what you can do with FS2004 nowadays!!:}

c560xl
23rd Jan 2007, 19:01
Hi Every one,
I have got a question. Does any body know where Etihad has taken that English test from. Any book or site you know off.

Have a great day:mad:

aeroplanedriver
24th Jan 2007, 16:26
Hi Guys,
Can anybody tell me what the group exercise is all about?
Thanks

pilot444
29th Jan 2007, 18:43
How many pilots EY is interviewing per week. How long from the time you apply to the time getting invited.

traveler747
29th Jan 2007, 22:26
A Quetion for the pilots of Etihad:rolleyes: , Is Etihad a good place to be? I have a job in the US with an income of 75,000 USD with full bennies! Plz advise...
Thanks;)

Fly A380
30th Jan 2007, 13:37
Does anyone know if Etihad has ever hired an F/O with less than their 2,500 total hours requirement? Thx.

priceless
30th Jan 2007, 21:02
i have an interviwe on mid feb and they asked me to send some documents which i did but i did not get any confirmation if they have received it ??
is it me only ????

Jetkopite
30th Jan 2007, 22:43
I had a phone call from Etihad 3 weeks ago about attending a selection in middle of March and was told to expect a confirmation email but nothing received yet.
Is this normal or are they a little unorganised in recruitment?????

Jetkopite:)

outofsynch
31st Jan 2007, 17:20
How come so many people get on here and ask for info before reading any previous posts??????

Is it just laziness?

I am a little surprised that people keen on such a major career/life change, dont want to research for themselves...

Lost at fl345
31st Jan 2007, 19:21
hmm yeah just asking for future references im getting my command by the

end of the year!!! "keeping my fingers crossed!!!"

bahongkeps69
1st Feb 2007, 14:22
Hi lost at fl345!

So you will be soon a captain! That's wonderful. But may i know how long you waited for that? And in which fleet? I am keen on applying with EY and if there is anybody out there who is willing to help, i would truly appreciate it if you could provide some useful info's about EY that would help to encourage me further.

For a A330 FO, how much in dirhams do you get as take home pay (basic salary + duty pay) in one month?

How long to wait for command upgrade?

How's the living conditions in AUH? Is the housing allowance enough to cover for a decent house for a family of four?

How about schools? Are there any good int'l schools you can recommend?

Does EY give incentive pay, bonuses, etc. etc. on top of your salary?

Which destinations do the A330 fleet operate? A340? B777?

Do you have good layovers?

And the most important question: Are you happy working for EY?

EY jocks, please try to give me a straightforward reply to my queries as this would be a very vital factor in making my decision.

Thank you and safe flight to all!

Coach Potatoe
2nd Feb 2007, 04:01
ETIHAD CAPTAIN SALARY:

Position : Captain
Block hours December 2006: 100H
Net salary: 32000 AED (or 6700 euros)

Per Diem: NO
ProductivityPay: NO
Loss of Licence Insurance: NO
Profit Sharing: NO
Pension Scheme: NO
Exchange Rate Protection Pay: NO (loss of 12% AED-EURO since mid 2005)
Other: NO
… oh yes i got 50% internet invoice (125 AED or 26 euros) include in my net salary.

bahongkeps69
2nd Feb 2007, 06:58
You got 100 block hrs and that's all you got?! These figures are like potatoes! What about upgrade to command? Any info?

Coach Potatoe
2nd Feb 2007, 14:58
You got 100 block hrs and that's all you got?! These figures are like potatoes! What about upgrade to command? Any info?

Guys who are being upgraded Captain now, joined Etihad 2 years ago... and today we have almost 180 first officer waiting.

Fly A380
2nd Feb 2007, 22:24
Hey Bahong,

Well, I would suggest you check out http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobDetails.aspx to get some more info on the captain's "package" with EY. Once you enter, select Current Vacancies, then select Captain A330/340 fleet

This is basically it right now:

Starting salary of AED 23900 or USD 6,494 per month for those rated Captains A330/340 and An annual salary increment.
Starting salary of AED 23,200 or USD 6,322 per month for those non-rated Captains and an annual salary increment.
An additional duty allowances of AED 700 or USD 190 per duty day.
Standby duty is counted as half duty day.

Benefits

Housing allowances up to AED 108000
(Or)
Company provided housing depending on availability.
Education assistance of AED 25000 for primary and AED 35000 for secondary up to 4 children from the ages of 4 up to 19 years old.

42 days annual leave.
Staff Travel benefits.
Accidental and life insurance benefits
End of service benefits.

I am not working at EY, but I go to AUH often and think it is a great place to be, even to raise a family. As for EY's routes, check out their destinations section in their website. They fly all over the place.

Good luck to you!

bahongkeps69
3rd Feb 2007, 02:55
Thank you guys! The package is in their website alright, but I wanted to know if there was something more to it. A first hand info of those currently inside could be more accurate I suppose. Nevertheless, thanks for all your inputs. Ciao!

EasyGo-Lucky?
3rd Feb 2007, 12:38
Exchange Rate Protection Pay: NO

Coach Potatoe did you know all of this before you joined Etihad? If you did then why did you join them and why complain now?

semper fi
3rd Feb 2007, 17:09
Round and round we go , where this story will go nobody knows..........:}

Cmon guys? Honestly, do your homework. Don't believe everything you read here.

You can always PM people, maybe that will help.

Coach Potatoe
3rd Feb 2007, 18:26
Quote:
Exchange Rate Protection Pay: NO
Coach Potatoe did you know all of this before you joined Etihad? If you did then why did you join them and why complain now?Hi Easy,
I do not complain, this is only facts.

priceless
4th Feb 2007, 04:27
thanks semper fii was really thinking to write to etihad and inform them im not coming anymore .....i dont know anyone in etihad so my only resource of information is this forum.

Jetkopite
4th Feb 2007, 08:37
Hi guys

Does anyone have any new info with regards to the new pilot selection at etihad??? ie technical questions,english test ,phsycometric tests,group ex and sim etc

Thanks

Plas Teek
6th Feb 2007, 03:51
What about staff travel and leave?
And any ideas on timeframes for command upgrades?
Overall, it looks better than some of the options I've seen.

alloha
10th Feb 2007, 00:09
Hi 2 all of u out there.I just noticed that Etihad does not require a type rating any more.But 2 be honest i ve seen 2 many negative comments in the forum concerning housing roster stability etc etc.Also does any1 has any clue if a provident fund does exist over there.Any info would be very much appreciated.Whats the etihad policy on upgrades?Pms are welcome as well.

PS i am a single 30 year old with 4500 and a 7 years experience in B737.So its time for me to fly something bigger.:ugh:

desertwarrior
11th Feb 2007, 07:52
Hot off the press. Effective 01 Feb 2007, Etihad is paying subsistence allowances for layovers. This is the first announcement of further enhancements to the renumeration package. :ok:

sec 3
11th Feb 2007, 12:27
They'll just take it off your 700 Dhs you now make every day you work:uhoh:

fractional
11th Feb 2007, 14:50
Effective 01 Feb 2007, Etihad is paying subsistence allowances for layoversLong overdue. One small step in the right direction. Housing MUST BE next. With these 2 issues solved, heads and minds will turn inwards to help it become a very good company to work for.

Skyhawk737
12th Feb 2007, 07:54
Hi everybody;)

I have my interview with Etihad and rest of the assessment process scheduled from February 20 - 22; I checked all the threads (I did my homework:confused:) but didn't find any explicit information regarding technical quiz, English test, psyhometric test, group exercises... personal interview itself??.. questions asked???.. any information from anybody who had interview with EY recently??.. I used the booklet "Preparing for Emirates Interview: The Pilot's Guide".. can I rely on it or there is something else??.. any suggestion??.. adivise???

Thank you for help:) .. I would really appreciate..

Happy landing to all of you...

bobmij
10th Mar 2007, 21:28
Hello all Etihad experienced people.
This thread is entitled Etihad employment- all you need to know.
Well, I've had a good look round but can't find much on the substance of the Etihad recruitment process. Several other guys have appealed in a similar vein. Does this info exist. Can anyone assist. Any help appreciated.
Thanks

nowhere
11th Mar 2007, 13:19
For a new joiner it may seem that there has been improvement but to those here many are not happy.

Inflation (now over 20 percent)and housing (going up 30 percent) are going up every day while your take home pay does not . Also with the durham somehow tied directly to the dollar those of us from Eurpoe are taking further cut as dollar sinks. EY has no currency protection as EK does.

If you should look closely at EK, I know some of us are going to. This management doesn't treat employees as anything other than a slave. While it is run by Europeans, they are not the ones who approve contracts.

I see very little future here, especially for new joiners as you will be at bottom on "senority list" with only a few more aircraft to be delivery.

Firbolgs
11th Mar 2007, 19:47
Better still ...If you dont like it then leave!:}

Sinbad1
11th Mar 2007, 22:08
:=
FirbolgsBetter still ...If you dont like it then leave!:}

I already have:p I do not put up with that kind of cra.:mad: ....p :ok:

neilb767
20th Mar 2007, 13:19
Recruitment INFO please.

Hey Guys, I've been over this thread from the start to end, and would appreciate if anyone could give some meaningful info on what to expect at the interview.

I know about the salay, just need a outlook on what goes on over the 3 days ??

Sample questions would also help, thanks.

emiratesson
20th Mar 2007, 23:22
Hi guys..

i will be going for the Cadet pilots program interview and assessment on 28th of this month, i've been advised by one of my friends to get help to know what to do in the pilots interview from this website but i couldnt know how, i will be going for (Etihad Airlaines) Which is based in the United Arab Emirates, my origin. And i ask if you kindly help me to know what to do or say in an interview like that. im already working in Emirates Airlines for 3 years and half , i did the Aircraft Engineering course and working now as a Lead Aircraft Mechanic. i'll be greatly thankfull if you help me with that...

THRCLB
21st Mar 2007, 13:47
Why you dont then join emirates cadet programme ?!!

emiratesson
22nd Mar 2007, 13:26
well my dear, the stopped engineering graduates from transferring to the cadets program, why? i dont know..!

sayed777
23rd Mar 2007, 12:12
Get a book called ACE THE TECHICAL PILOS INTERVIEW. U should do fine as it is a good book and covers most of the ground classes.

Florian
24th Mar 2007, 04:45
Hello EY pilots i would like some help about the interview with EY, i have a month without a job, so i applied to QR and EK, i know everything about the interview with QR and EK so that isnot a problem; but i would like to know about the interview with EY, like what should i study for the written test and oral test, what kind of sim they use for the interview, i am applying to F/O position because i don't have PIC time, so any help i will appreciate it, because i can not lose this chance.

Thank you
Florian.

frieghtdog
27th Mar 2007, 01:04
anyone knows how many planes will EY take in 07/08 and how many pilots are they looking to hire in 07 .
and how many on standby shift
plz respone if yoy work there.

frieghtdog
27th Mar 2007, 01:08
hay florian I like to know that info too. if you get it thanks

frieghtdog
27th Mar 2007, 02:49
hay florian check this site it might be good

http://etihadinterview.com/

frieghtdog
29th Mar 2007, 02:54
any info on total time , how long it takes to upgrade , and how does the procedure go?

thanks

frieghtdog
30th Mar 2007, 04:22
is anybody here from etihad, come on guys give me some info.

thanks

Sir Osis of the river
30th Mar 2007, 07:40
I belive upgrades on hold? rumour?

boeing-man
30th Mar 2007, 09:13
I believe that's been confirmed by now. Plus new oz captains joining the contract line....you do the math.

noflare
31st Mar 2007, 10:07
The upgrades are going ahead, new joiners will take a ticket and join the line!
I believe there are lots of F/Os with the time and experience already in the company...its not going to be a quickie if thats what you are looking for.:=

frieghtdog
31st Mar 2007, 14:52
to NOFLARE so is there any other plane orders besides the 10 A/C for2007 ? or thats is it for etihad expantion plans.

and is it along process to upgrade at EY ( like the bull sh:mad: t QR process) ?

thanks.

sidestick driver
31st Mar 2007, 15:50
Here might be some more news about some puddle jumpers (http://www.avionews.com/index.php?corpo=see_news_home.php&news_id=1071611&pagina_chiamante=index.php), EY is interested in

noflare
2nd Apr 2007, 08:37
:confused:

If upgrades have been halted then nothing has been made public.
Capts are needed so why stop them?

Rumours of shorthaul a/c but nothing confirmed beyond this years deliveries.

The command process is thorough but guys get through it, its certainly not a give way...do the work and you will get through. I have heard some horror stories from the Bus fleet but with so much BS flying around who knows what is true!
I think new joiners (F/O) can expect a long wait for upgrade as the current list seems to have a lot of well qualified guys on it....HR may tell you something else but thats how I read it!

Anyway good luck to all, dont believe all the BS, its not that bad.

CaptainProp
2nd Apr 2007, 08:40
I was told to expect 18 months, from date of joining, for upgrade. That was for interview and start date in the first 6 months this year.....Prob not likely to happen....but then again, I politely turned down the offer...

Good luck to all of you!

/CP

340flyer
4th Apr 2007, 19:27
Just to put a lot of rumours to rest, the command upgrade is delayed not stopped. There are so many people complaining about EY but all i have seen are about 5 pilots resign in the last six months. I hear of so many people leaving but as i am in EY i have to say its all ....... Things could be better but i think its much better than most places around here. Anyway for now i am happy and enjoying flying here. The new pay scale too could have been better but tell me when we pilots will ever say its enough, i guess thats human nature. Anyway whatever comes is good.

NG_Kaptain
11th Apr 2007, 18:34
Its a writen comprehension test, three parts. One was you read a paragraph then answer questions on it, the next is vocabulary with similar sounding words having different meanings and the last was a diagram of a hot air ballon and the names of different parts on one side and you put them in the blank spots. Its not too hard, though I do believe they use it as an excuse to cut people they dont think will fit in.

pplee
12th Apr 2007, 02:28
Thanks a lot Kaptain.

I do wanna know some inside infomation about the asssessment. same as rduarte, the English test. tech quiz, and sim!!:)
Is the interview held by EY, straight forward, or do they just keep diging and diging things out from you?

Thanks again

volare_737
16th Apr 2007, 14:29
Hi there. Can’t find much info on here.
Anybody got any good Gen about EY interview. ( Technical Test , English Test, Group Exercise , Sim Profile and so on )
Thanks – any info will be greatly appreciated.

superman9999
16th Apr 2007, 18:11
when is you interview bru?
s.

volare_737
16th Apr 2007, 19:11
soon - u got any info ???

superman9999
17th Apr 2007, 19:16
iam on the 29th april

jungle1
19th Apr 2007, 04:53
Hi. For all of you guys who are in the dark about the interview process let me tell you that the job itīs not easy you have to struggle to get it...about the english test if you read and write fluently (of course english is not your native language) there is nothing to worry because the test is very comprehensive, but if you are an illiterate that only speaks but doesnīt read or write, then youīll be in trouble. For the Tech Test (toughest) you must study the ICAO Annex 18, review capital cities of the world, TAF and METAR codes, and the most important thing, common sense because there are lots of questions that you donīt find in any book, and always read the question two or three times for being sure of the answer. Psycho Test... nothing to worry if you donīt have problems with yourself of course. Interview...itīs about you and your perspectives, experience, theyīll love to hear a couple of stories about CRM and how you handle them, ETOPS, RVSM, etc. Sim... if you fly Airbus try to practice full hand flown approaches, review SOPS for engine failures, itīs nothing more than the things you normally do every 6 months with your actual employer. Medical...same as everywhere, watch your weight, take a blood test before you come, so you know how are your levels... and that will be it...prepare yourselves for this...let me tell you the job is worthy... hope this helps

Jungle1.

BadBigbusBoy
19th Apr 2007, 09:39
How will they be crewed ? different contracts ?
anyone in the know ?

I see : no other big orders > no commands. Am I wrong ??

Thanks guys.

noflare
21st Apr 2007, 18:01
I would imagine the contract is the standard one we all have.
The guys who come looking for very quick commands however might be disappointed...lots of qualified guys waiting.
If you read the local press you will have heard all about future plans, however nothing confirmed....looks like a lot of GF boys are deserting the sinking ship so get your cv in quick!:ok:

pplee
24th Apr 2007, 01:02
Does anyone know when they will send you the VISA and free ticket? I am shortlist for the assessment next week, but still not receive mine ticket yet. I wrote email to ask the recruitment office, but no answer from them. Just a little bit worry about it.:zzz:

MBA747
24th Apr 2007, 06:02
Just wondering what the retirement age for Etihad is?
Qualified Capt. on B767,B777,B747.

Would they take a 60 year old DEC current on the B777??

Can't find anything on their website regarding age.

Severely Jetlagged
24th Apr 2007, 14:43
Hi MBA747

I'm afraid the simple answer is NO.

Maximum age is 56. No more DEC required on B777 and only limited numbers on A330/340.

airbuspilot69
25th Apr 2007, 06:59
hi buddy!!:)
whats all this? well i thought EY was a neat place to be. phewwwww that post of yours scared the s**t outta me. is is worth applying now my friend? i am type rated on the A320 with s**t loads of hours. Just wanted a middle east exposure. What do u think ok EK vis a vis this one? Whats the latest going on about this place. Help me pal!!!! :ooh:thanks and safe flying :ok:
P.S: u think they would get the 100 P1s & 300P2s they asked 4 so easily?

ttg22
25th Apr 2007, 10:56
Hi to everybody,

is EY hiring now in this moment on 330-340?

Or at least do you know if they are calling for any interview for the Bus?

Thank you
ttg22

NG_Kaptain
25th Apr 2007, 14:21
"Hi to everybody,
is EY hiring now in this moment on 330-340?
Or at least do you know if they are calling for any interview for the Bus?
Thank you
ttg22"

Have you read any of the posts on this thread?

CaptainProp
25th Apr 2007, 14:52
NG - Read? Do you really have to read to find jobs?? :} :)

Check PM :ok:

/CP

NG_Kaptain
25th Apr 2007, 15:29
Did.

Cheers,
NG

5man
28th Apr 2007, 09:49
I have an interview coming up at the end of May. Would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on the subject especially the tech exam. What sort of questions are expected? :confused:

Thanksssss

djuggler
1st May 2007, 06:28
Hello there! Just a few questions here for all you guys down the road in AUH:

1. Company accomodation vs housing allowance

What are the company accomodations currently available for new joiners - 2 br/3 br apts or villas? Where are they located? Is the neighbourhood okay? Is it worth taking the company accomodation or is it better to take the housing allowance and find a place of your own?

2. Furniture Allowance

What about the furniture allowance? How do you avail of that? Will the company give you the amount in cash or do you have to buy the furnitures first from your own pocket and the company reimburses you?

3. Education

How about the education allowance? Is it subject to reimbursement based on the school receipt or the company gives you cash? Per term basis or yearly basis?

Any info will be much appreciated. If you notice, my questions are all focused on the housing and education aspect. The welfare of my family tops the list of my priorities. Thanks and see you guys soon.

P.S.

If you deem that the answers to my questions necessitates confidentiality, just PM me please. Thanks again.

ditto

Bart Simson
1st May 2007, 10:47
Hi all,

I am interested to find out if books like "Preparing for your Emirates Interview"
By Capts. X, Y, Z are of any help for a Etihad interview.
Does anyone know of any other material that may be of any help during this process.

Post here or PM me.

Thanks
Bart

FMC OVERHEAT
1st May 2007, 15:51
Received phone call today from EY recruitement.Application on hold. 2550 TT 2250 B737 EFIS. Still got to finish ATPL though. :ugh:

NG_Kaptain
1st May 2007, 18:11
EY's recruiting at GF may hurt the chances of applicants who barely meet the requirements as the GF guys are rated and have experience in the region. The Gulf Air chaps are highly thought of over in AUH.

assymetric
2nd May 2007, 00:08
Hi all,
I am interested to find out if books like "Preparing for your Emirates Interview"
By Capts. X, Y, Z are of any help for a Etihad interview.
Does anyone know of any other material that may be of any help during this process.
Post here or PM me.
Thanks
Bart
What are the company accomodations currently available for new joiners - 2 br/3 br apts or villas? Where are they located? Is the neighbourhood okay? Is it worth taking the company accomodation or is it better to take the housing allowance and find a place of your own?
2. Furniture Allowance
What about the furniture allowance? How do you avail of that? Will the company give you the amount in cash or do you have to buy the furnitures first from your own pocket and the company reimburses you?
3. Education
How about the education allowance? Is it subject to reimbursement based on the school receipt or the company gives you cash? Per term basis or yearly basis?
Any info will be much appreciated. If you notice, my questions are all focused on the housing and education aspect. The welfare of my family tops the list of my priorities. Thanks and see you guys soon.
P.S.
If you deem that the answers to my questions necessitates confidentiality, just PM me please. Thanks again.
ditto
I am also very intrested in answers to the above posts. Any help appreciated.
I am open to PM's.
Thanks
Assy

assymetric
2nd May 2007, 00:46
iam on the 29th april

Hey Superman9999,

How was your interview. Hope you got the job.

Maybe you could help with Q's in English and Tech exams also Sim profile would be great. What was the interview like. What type of Q's.

If you dont like to post you can PM me.

Thanks
Assy.

Plutos
2nd May 2007, 08:26
Quote:
2. Furniture Allowance
3. Education
P.S.
ditto

Same questions.
All answers appreciated.
Tks

AOC340
2nd May 2007, 14:31
I appreciate if someone can PM to me for above for EY Housing and education facilities...

Sir Osis of the river
2nd May 2007, 16:45
Further to MBA747's query in post 301,

The official retirement age for Etihad pilots is now 65.

(The entry requirements however remain the same for now)

Darn, an extra five years in the Sandpit. :E

CMD A
5th May 2007, 15:38
Hi all, fairly new to the forum...just wondering if anyone has input on the recent vacancy postings for flight crew on EY's website...new aircarft? expansion? Also what training bond is imposed on non-type rated applicants. Just trying to get some additional info before applying....thanks all.

off_off_dim_and_off
7th May 2007, 06:36
Does anyone know if the EY salary is tax-free like EK?

And anyone knows about their housing allowance and rent to buy scheme?

Thanks!

accobra
10th May 2007, 02:09
Could you please send me any info. on Emirates interview.

Severely Jetlagged
10th May 2007, 02:49
Accobra,

Not sure if you noticed but this thread is about ETIHAD Employment.

Jumbo Wambo
10th May 2007, 05:34
Hi all,

Anybody out there who interviewed recently willing to offer some information on the EY selection process? If yes post on forum or pm me. Any information will be much appreciated...............

Mr. Frodo
10th May 2007, 05:39
Ah, sorry buddy. Interview tips don't come for free this side of town. Everyone is so hard up nowadays, so you gotta pay up if you want 'em. :}

NG_Kaptain
10th May 2007, 09:48
See pages 10 and 11 of this thread. Most of the interview info is there.

BUB
11th May 2007, 10:40
Hi ,

I would like to have some tips about the assessment for Cabin Manager ? many thanks ...

sec 3
17th May 2007, 05:31
Why don't you try the cabin crew forum, better place to get the info you need, don't you think?:bored:

Jumbo Wambo
18th May 2007, 15:10
Hi,

Just want to confirm whether im interpreting the following correctly. In the package it says annual salary increase of AED500 per month. Does that mean after 12months you get a AED6000 salary rise on top of the basic?

evo8mr
18th May 2007, 17:20
Hey boys and girls... just 2 questions, is the tech interview written or verbal??? Also is it general or are they going to be type specific?
I have some time on the mini-bus.
I seem to be under the impression that it's a verbal interview and non type specific...am I wrong??
Thanks one and all!!
evo.