PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Aymane
8th Aug 2011, 11:20
ok yes smart... i just dont get airlines like these.....or maybe they should start doing like qatar airways....second officers...going to usa t recruit pilots....will not turn out great...

kay lo dee
9th Aug 2011, 12:36
Anybody been employed or interviewed for a DEC on the A320 recently.

Would be keen for any info.

Rgds
KLD

SyncPilot
17th Aug 2011, 15:38
#auh_to_auh, trigger 21 thanks for the reply...

how many guys and girl leave etihad?? what is the rate?

if you join and find out that it is not suitable for you after a 6 months and you want to leave you have to pay 2 basic salaries ? or the 6 months you have worked there will count as a half of 1 salary if the bond is 2 years??
thanks..

to anyone now in recruitment process...
if you have a question after being shortlisted, the named contacts are only phone numbers, no emails???? (they say that they wont reply to emails...) that is kinda silly or I have misted something???

CoKing
24th Aug 2011, 15:47
:D:D:DATC83

First of all, thanks for your info regarding the info in Etihad, But i would like to know more about the update information especially for the Direct Entry Command for A320, because i saw some guys say that they stop the hiring but i still can see the posting on their website, so do u know what is going on out there? In your point of view, do u know when they will stop hiring the DEC A320 Captain??

How many more A320 aircrafts will be arrived in the future? Do u think that i will get the A330 rating after certain years if i can join you guys in the future, or possiblity to change to Boeing fleet after i get in?

Sorry for so many questions and hope to hear from you soon and Happy Landing always!! Cheers!!!

Best Regards

Coking

Captain Greaser
29th Aug 2011, 15:53
Ive been offered an interview with Ethiad. At my last medical Doc said I'd have to loose at least two stone, assuming I pass the interview, before I would pass the medical!! Is the medical that strict. I hold a class one medical so whats the problem. !!??

billonearth
2nd Sep 2011, 03:45
Some airlines have a maximum allowable BMI. They don't want anything over 29. I don't think Etihad has that restriction.

Anyone else interviewing with Etihad. I am looking at required docs to bring such as CRM training records. They want SEP training cert. Does anyone know what that is?

zerotohero
2nd Sep 2011, 10:38
I was also looking at the BMI stuff as for EK I would need to lose nearly 5 stone :(

its doable at my age still but will require a lot of work on my part.

RemoveB4Flght
5th Sep 2011, 17:47
Because you will be issued a GCAA ATP license with the 320 rating on it, so it has to be based on an existing ATP type rating

I also belive that the requirement is so that you can qualify for the Operator Conversion Course, which reduces the time you spend in training, which is why you have to be current to the type.

Auto Pilot
28th Sep 2011, 16:01
Hey Guys

I need some help !

I have an interview with EY next week as i am CPL/MEIR holder !

what kind of Q they might ask?

and also we have I.Q test questions. whats kind of question in this test ?

plus we have Team work test ? how it would be ?

JOHN555
28th Sep 2011, 23:40
HI,,,
can any one please .. give me some idea about Etihad Salary Benefits

For(( F/O-SFO-CAPT)) ALL AMOUNT with housing , estimate 70 hrs/m etc ...:(

I try to leave QR >> but I need some information :confused::confused::rolleyes:

evyjet
29th Sep 2011, 11:18
Qatar to THY? Interesting move. Wouldn't you be better waiting for command? You may be jumping from the frying pan....

gcc_
29th Sep 2011, 11:30
QR to EY?
I never understood that.
Unless and ONLY IF they're offering you a better fleet, advancement, WHY would you do that?

Silly move IMO.

Tex Johnson
4th Oct 2011, 02:00
Hi folks,

Need a pm from any current employee of EY as to the interview/sim/testing process.

Thanks,

Tex

NGFellow
4th Oct 2011, 17:26
Does anyone know why they have the currency rule (sectors in 6 months). I don't think EK or QR has it.

boko
5th Oct 2011, 13:51
hi everyone
Anybody NOT from ME...how is to live in Abu Dhabi?
A320 FO 2000h on type 5000 total.
2 kids /one wife....any info about the housing would be appreciated!?
More detailed info about the interview too
Please guys be helpful...I will give as much info as I can after the interview!!!
Thanks in advance!

bmwm5
7th Oct 2011, 06:29
Hi guys anyone going for EY selection on the 25th october?Is the dress code business suit?Yup any inside of a FO life on the A320?Does the technical test consist of 320 type tech only or ATPL as well.Im currently FO on the A320.Anyone Please feel free to PM me.....Thank you...

7th Oct 2011, 13:12
Hi all,

reat through the thread, but couldnt find any current information on the assessment process. As I have an interview coming up, anyone willing to send me some detailed information on tech quiz, group excercise, interview etc via PM? Appreciate the help very much.;)

Thanks!

bmwm5
11th Oct 2011, 12:42
Hi 320 FOs out there...currently how many hours you guys are doing?How many night stops?Any info much appreciated...thank you

eagleeye23
22nd Oct 2011, 18:18
Hi everyone. Can anybody tell me whats the re-applying policy at EY? Did the assessment in Jan but did'nt clear the sim part. Want to apply again but just wanna know what are the chances and procedure. Thanks in advance

CaptainJim
25th Oct 2011, 11:50
I am applying for the non rated 777 FO job as listed on the website. I have 4000 hrs TT mostly on 737s how competitive is that and are they still actively seeking people?

boko
25th Oct 2011, 16:17
Got an interview date 13 of December.......anybody with me....??
Btw any chance to bring my wife? What is the procedure for that?
10x!

Severely Jetlagged
26th Oct 2011, 03:49
It should state somewhere that wives are very welcome and I believe they will supply a ticket.

Severely Jetlagged
26th Oct 2011, 03:52
I am applying for the non rated 777 FO job as listed on the website. I have 4000 hrs TT mostly on 737s how competitive is that and are they still actively seeking people?

They are actively recruiting for the B777. As long your B737 time is on the NG, you are not a Captain and have the minimum requirements then you do have a chance.

brother rice
26th Oct 2011, 08:36
Why does it matter if your a cpatain or not on the NG??

Immigrant
27th Oct 2011, 00:29
Interesting point, exact opposite would have more sense :confused:

CaptainJim
27th Oct 2011, 02:18
They are actively recruiting for the B777. As long your B737 time is on the NG, you are not a Captain and have the minimum requirements then you do have a chance.

Thanks for your post. A few friends of mine applied already with the those exact qualifications (NG FOs) and heard nothing. Do you need to chase up your application by calling or emailing them?

What is the time to command?

Severely Jetlagged
27th Oct 2011, 02:58
Captain Jim,

If your friends did not receive a rejection email then their applications remain active. Obviously, rated pilots will always take precedence followed by non rated so should there be a steady stream of rated applicants, as apparently there is from Qatar, then non rated will ultimately be delayed.

I don't think any Airline will guarantee you a time to command. There are too many external and internal factors which could affect that time.

There is no need to chase up an application.

Immigrant
27th Oct 2011, 13:57
Any one can clarify a Captain issue? :sad:

falcon10
27th Oct 2011, 15:53
Curious to where rated 777 guys are bailing from?

lospilotos
27th Oct 2011, 17:25
When I updated my application after reaching the hours and getting the ATPL I received an email the day after stating that my application was on hold for the moment. This was about a month ago.

Blown Seal
28th Oct 2011, 06:33
falcon10

Thai - almost 50 with apparently more to follow

bmwm5
6th Nov 2011, 08:04
Hi guys how long after completing your selection process will EY notify if you are succesfull or not?Thank you....

leteci
9th Nov 2011, 13:27
Hi guys,

Please if anyone has all materials about screening in Etihad and if he can send me on PM?
Thnx in advance!

NG_Kaptain
9th Nov 2011, 13:55
Just a caution to new joiners, the upgrade failure rate is close to 90%. There is a clique who are in charge of the upgrade process and think their job is to fail most upgrade applicants.

727lvr
20th Nov 2011, 00:08
Hi ,

Any current EY or EK pilots can PM with me with tips on study material / prep agencies that have worked for them, any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks ,

Safe flying

samuelcam
26th Nov 2011, 03:06
What do they ask under '' application questions'' and '' langauage questions'' in their online application process?

bmwm5
27th Nov 2011, 07:33
Don't worry about it.You cant access it anyway...

Leboeuf
27th Nov 2011, 19:10
Well, don't know if recruiting is still on the way, but I applied 1 year ago, updated every month but never got a reply...
I log 3 times more than the minimum required.
Time to give up ? :ugh:

sandyballs
29th Nov 2011, 10:18
90% failure rate for command = BS

RjAgCR
2nd Dec 2011, 02:47
:(:5
Nothin to say here

proflyer9
6th Dec 2011, 14:58
Hi there...

Just wanted to refresh the tiring question...... How long does one have to wait ,to be called for an interview in this airline?? I applied in Sept this year. Have abt 2500 on the Bus family. Do i need to to do smth on their website to be noted????????:ugh:

Appreciate any info :ok:

cheers

proflyer9
7th Dec 2011, 04:58
Thx JJ.:ok:
Couldn't PM u cause I guess u had it blocked. Anyway, will try the Id.

Also would like to ask some queries thru pm , if its possible.

Cheers:E

bond737
13th Dec 2011, 16:15
Etihad Airways Pilot Open Day (January 2012)

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is pleased to announce that it will be conducting Open Days for pilots in Central and South America in January 2012.

Etihad Airways is one of the fastest growing airlines and as we continue to expand our network and fleet, we are on the lookout for experienced Pilots to join our family.

If you are interested in taking your career higher with the World’s Leading Airline*, visit any of our Open Days which will be conducted by Captain Jihad Richard Matta, Manager Flight Crew Recruitment.

NG_Kaptain
14th Dec 2011, 14:09
Why does PPrune keep changing Etihad to Teahid?

Lockheed1011
15th Dec 2011, 01:28
I submitted my application in the etihad website, to the A-320 captain job.
I meet all the requirements, but It has been 1 month now since the application, and I still don't have any answer, is this normal? Are they still hiring DEC's to the A-320?

GoAround_Flaps20
16th Dec 2011, 22:12
I am going to try to attend one of the Roadshow's Day in Brazil. Do you guys have any idea of how many years a new joining A320 captain should expect to change fleet for any wide body?

Thanks and safe flight! Keep the blue on top!

dash8pilotCanada
17th Dec 2011, 12:28
Will the day ever come when Etihad hires Non Rated pilots like QR, EK and FZ do???

bregapilot
18th Dec 2011, 13:17
They did 2-3 years ago,but only experienced Narrow or Wide body Efis jet pilots.

They will open soon for non type,but you will be BONDED!

Good Luck!

Rgds

Future Expat
21st Dec 2011, 02:53
Not much info about command upgrade here-i've read pages and pages of this thread- anyone got anything to offer on that topic???? I already know how long a piece of string is.:uhoh:

flyzede
11th Jan 2012, 10:45
Hi!
Does anyone here knows how long is it taking for Etihad to answer the online application?

Thanks!

silhouette
12th Jan 2012, 04:23
flyzede, depends, type rated or non-type rated..
for me A330, applied online in Nov10, got an appointment in Dec10 for assessment on Feb11 and joined in May11.

flyzede
12th Jan 2012, 13:20
Thanks Silhouette,
Actually I'm rated on the A320 and currently on type so I guess that in late February they will tell me something!

Again, thanks very much!

falcon10
12th Jan 2012, 16:48
Does EY accept/consider any other wide body heavy time other than Boeing or Airbus?

Camelboy
12th Jan 2012, 23:08
Good luck if you want to relocate here to Etihad - you must be really desperate ! For starters, the management just change your working conditions and contracts without warning, there is NO roster stability here at all. We have this new roster request system, which is an absolute disaster. None of us pilots get what we request.

The company also has a very sneeky way of paying overtime, they average it out over 2 months i.e. Jan & Feb, Mar & April etc. This allows
the airline to flog you one month, and then do an average month the next or vice versa, and not pay you any overtime. eg Jan roster 92 hours, Feb roster 55 hours, totalling 147 hours over the 2 month period. Overtime is paid after 150 hours for the 2 month period. Similarly, if you have 2 weeks leave during the month, then they flog you for max hours in the other 2 weeks. :D

I don't know if you have any children, but the school fees are outrageous here in Abu Dhabi. There has been no increase in the school fee allowance for nearly 4 years, yet the school fees go up almost every year.

Another scham is a thing they call the pay-for-performance review.
This is now how you obtain a payrise. It's just another way of not giving the pilots a decent payrise. Initially the first pilots to join Etihad were on a different contract, and they had their contract changed because the management said it was 'unfair' for pilots to be on different contracts !

Then they bring in this new performance pay review and some pilots received a 2% increase, some a 6% increase and some got no increase at all. Now it seems that it is fair that for pilots to be on different contracts, of course this is after they have reduced the terms and conditions of this initial joiners to Etihad.

You can make up your own mind my friend, but think very seriously before you commit to this outfit. They even bond you when you join - regardless of the fact that you have the type rating already. The bond - $20,000 USD for type rated pilots, and $33,000 USD for non-type rated pilots. :ugh:

Good luck buddy !

WhistleBlower
15th Jan 2012, 20:58
As a veteran of EY I'd like to comment on Camelboys post..

You hit the nail on the head!

This outfit has a lot to learn.. if it wants to learn....

Go to EK.. at least they pay for deadheading, you only need one car because they provide transport to and from work so you save the other car loan etc etc etc...

GoAround_Flaps20
23rd Jan 2012, 23:39
Went to the EY roadshow today. Very nice presentation and all that stuff we already know. They said they are looking for different type rated guys, but specially for B777 type rated F/O's. The captain performing the presentation said that the upgrade for a new joiner on this position should occur in the next 4 years, on the Boeing fleet (777 or 787). Considering the deliveries schedule (12 777's and 41 787's ordered, don't know when it will be operating), and the currently Boeing operating fleet (9 777's), do you guys think it's realistic?
I remember I've read somewhere (another forum maybe) months ago that all the new upgrades at EY would be done on the A320 fleet only. Now I became confused! Who's right? Any fella to spot some light on that matter and share some info?
Another interesting information from them: 1300 new joiners planned for the next 6 years.

Nice and safe flights!

GoAround_Flaps20

Iver
24th Jan 2012, 00:24
If I had significant Boeing time, I would tell EY I want 777 (with potential transfer to 787 fleet when it arrives) or no dice. If no dice, go to EK or QR and move on. EK is growing so fast that EY has to offer better equipment to people with solid experience. QR is desparate for pilots too with their attrition and they will be expanding their 777/787 fleets as well. EY will have to compete for the talent (compensation, QOL, schedules and aircraft types) or find themselves short. That's the reality now in the Gulf.......... Time for EY management to wake up and smell the coffee.

falcon10
24th Jan 2012, 04:02
So EY requires a type which means absolutely nothing in real terms, but EK doesnt require a type?

So let me understand this.. a pilot with thousands of hours on non-Boeing/Airbus widebody civilian & military is ignored- even though they will be typed in initial training - but a guy meeting the mins gets the gig with only a few hundred hours because he is typed?

The mind boggles :rolleyes:

assymetric
24th Jan 2012, 04:04
GoAround,

latest info is that 777 upgrades will shortly come to a halt (even though some are happening as we speak) My opinion is, that this is to keep everyone happy in terms of career progression. 320 upgrades continuing

Assy

assymetric
24th Jan 2012, 04:06
falcon,

A current type rating puts less pressure on the training department, as less sim sessions required.

Assy

aviator3200
24th Jan 2012, 11:39
There's one more thing that you have to think about...FO's are PF only on category A airports that means not flying 95% of the outbound legs of the 320 network.If you are low houred that's ok but if you have experience and you are willing to keep learning it could be an issue.Fo's cannot start the engines,taxi the aircraft and fly to more interesting airports...I find it insulting but rules are rules.Other than that working environment is excellent really good people to fly and work with everywhere

ATC83
24th Jan 2012, 12:11
agreed with Aviator3200..but I hear that the CAT B airport fiasco is about to be dropped. It's a ridiculous rule - you fly with new captains that have never been to certain airports before but, if you've been a million times, you ae "not suitable" to land there...:mad:

Assymetric..the 777 upgrades will be coming to a halt but only because no more FO's have the minimum 5500hrs total time / or 18months / or 700hrs on type...It has to change soon, either drop the hours or up the package to attract DEC.

AFD
24th Jan 2012, 12:37
FO's are PF only on category A

unless the cpt is a tri/tre

captain.weird
24th Jan 2012, 15:04
Hi there guys.. I've heard a rumour that EY is going to open their International Cadet Programme again, can someone confirm this??

GoAround_Flaps20
24th Jan 2012, 15:19
What they told during the roadshow is that airbus guys will continue flying airbus and boeing guys will continue flying boeing when the upgrade come, because of the training double costs it would have to change fleets. The minimums are a little bit different to be upgraded on the narrow (4500TT) or widebody (5500 TT) fleet.
My question is about the time to command. With all these acft's to be delivered, do you really think that the upgrade will be in the next 4 years for a new joiner with experience? Is this time at EY definitely lower than at EK?
For me, this is the key to opt for an expat life.

Appreciate any help from you guys living in the ME, or with friends in this situation.

GoAround_Flaps20

Coto
28th Jan 2012, 17:23
Hey guys!

Is Etihad interviewing right now? Anyone got called for assessment?

Nearly Man
28th Jan 2012, 19:53
Rated guys for 777, followed by unrated. Some guys in suits recently so I assume they are taking on for the airbus as well.

Coto
28th Jan 2012, 20:17
Thank you Nearly

Jet Man
29th Jan 2012, 08:41
According to Flight International jobs Etihad are hiring both F/O and Captain onto the B777.

Nearly Man
29th Jan 2012, 15:31
Few Mexicans and some Greek Airbus dribbling in. I think these guys were sent down the SZ road from Emirates.
Four sets of 20 joiners since Oct. 16 Airbus guys and 4 777 in each batch.
They will be happy to get an application from you and the recruitment guys are a friendly bunch.
However, it's up to you to decide if EY is in anyway better than joining EK?

jojo737
30th Jan 2012, 02:18
Hi to all , i have an interview with Etihad as F/O on the B777 and i would appreciateyour help if you have any information with the tech exam ,group exercise .
Please PM me , your help will be much appreciate .

metrosmoker
30th Jan 2012, 08:06
Do Etihad have a anti poaching agreement with Qatar, like Emirates do?

Nearly Man
30th Jan 2012, 09:07
Gone now I think. Got a few from Goat air coming over. The EK was a year ban and that's shaky anyway. As the pilots dry up it'll hard for them to get the guys they need whatever they say about there being no shortage.

JPHIL68
1st Feb 2012, 20:20
Hello

I really want to know if it s true that you must leave inside abu dhabi if you want the 160 000 add allowance? is it true , and in this case what is the best place with a family of 4 (2childrens).
And is it true that there is sometimes some bps with paki inside the city?
Thank s for the reply

safe fly for all:)

Nearly Man
3rd Feb 2012, 15:23
Family can have a 5 bed townhouse with plunge pool in dusty Al Reef for 160k+ They're not too bad.
Few more places coming online slowly. A lot of companies have found a other dimensional world where holding back properties from coming onto the market will make them billionaires. Yes, you have to stay in Abu Dhabi for your allowance.
You might want to reword that last paragraph? :)

JPHIL68
6th Feb 2012, 12:24
Sorry for this paragraph...

So the question is: is t true that there is some problems with some paki in the city ?
And for the 320 the roster is not too bad ? :{

Nearly Man
6th Feb 2012, 13:18
That's the bit I said you should rephrase. Problem with some what? :}

OMDB30R
7th Feb 2012, 15:13
If you are single, do your parents get ID90 and staff travel with Etihad?

eagleeye23
7th Feb 2012, 17:05
Hi all.....can someone tell me if there is any DEC 320 hiring taking place? I recently observed they removed the job post from the website.
Thanks

NG_Kaptain
7th Feb 2012, 19:05
If you are single or married your parents get ID 90 unlimited on EY. You also get ten bonus tickets per year to give to anyone you nominate.

jasonjdr
8th Feb 2012, 05:23
For the guys getting called for 777 slots. How long did you have to wait after submitting your app? And are you rated?

Nearly Man
8th Feb 2012, 07:14
Length of time is in the hands of Allah. Can vary but more down to the pressures of the training machine. A few non rated guys being asked for interview on the 777 but there's still a few from the far east with ratings coming.
Now that Malev have gone belly up sadly there's lots of guys from there looking now.

chrislikesblue
8th Feb 2012, 11:04
I have the same question with jojo737 . Anyone could share information about what to expect on the assessment for B777 fo position?

RoyBoy20
11th Feb 2012, 17:58
Hello

Thinking about applying for the A320 FO position. How long would it take to upgrade onto the A330/340? I heard around 3 - 4 years.

Cheers

AFD
11th Feb 2012, 18:52
at the time being you might end up on 330 directly depending on your previous experience on 320 and hours,since the company is hiring some 320 rated guys on 330 directly
should you end up on 320,based on the actual rate,you might expect to move to 330 in a about one year
requirements to move transfer to 330 are 500 hrs in the company and 2 opc on 320
to move from 320/330 requirements are then 500 hrs on 330 and 2 330 opc,and of course in accordance with seniority

Vdfbg
17th Feb 2012, 17:25
Quote:

Any problem if I'm a Captain ? I have 6000 hrs TT, mostly on b737, and 1000 of those as a cpt? I' ve aslo heard that they want just copilots on copilots jobs... I have a friend who applied ,with the same hours as me and they said NO... Anybody knows more on that? Thank's

Immigrant
17th Feb 2012, 23:49
My friend Capt. of NG got - NO as well :=
just in 30 min after applying.. :rolleyes:

Really curios what is the deal for Cpt.? :*

NG_Kaptain
19th Feb 2012, 06:08
Any problem if I'm a Captain ? I have 6000 hrs TT, mostly on b737, and 1000 of those as a cpt? I' ve aslo heard that they want just copilots on copilots jobs... I have a friend who applied ,with the same hours as me and they said NO... Anybody knows more on that? Thank's

The recruiter told me that EY does not hire captains to fill copilot vacancies. Evidently they had some problems with guys not adjusting well to being second in command.

saviboy
19th Feb 2012, 10:42
Nearly man, the ban was 24 months from date of hiring a year ago,
It is now permanent. no more going from EY to EK, at least on the FO side.

aviator3200
19th Feb 2012, 13:34
Please gentlemen from management please remove the bloody restriction for fos on b airports on 320 is really a b......t.we can fly only back to auh
That's embarassing for an airline and off ending for your pilots

aviator3200
19th Feb 2012, 13:37
Nearly man, the ban was 24 months from date of hiring a year ago,
It is now permanent. no more going from EY to EK, at least on the FO side.

Are you sure???:E:E
I don't think so

sandyballs
19th Feb 2012, 15:53
Good guys are being missed because of these crazy recruitment restrictions ( No Capts, fixated on getting type rated etc etc)..time to wake up to the fact that everyone is heading elsewhere.
Get a more robust selection procedure in place before its too late!

Ve764
19th Feb 2012, 17:01
I cannot understand why Etihad continues these resrictive hiring criteria.They are passing up talented ppl like you and I by maintaining these policies.When will they get the hint and open it up for others like you and i who are qualified....Vman

falcon10
19th Feb 2012, 22:16
Small minded people who obviously have no clue. By their logic, I suppose we can expect to see a vacancy posting for 787 RATED FIRST OFFICERS WITH 500 HOURS PIC :rolleyes:

Aerodmb
20th Feb 2012, 03:46
Any chance Etihad has hired FO's with less than 500 on type but surpasses all other minimums? I have about 200 on the B777 with a type.

saviboy
20th Feb 2012, 07:19
Aviator 3200,

Yes I am sure. I've seen the email. Anyways, if you want to try, be my guest, I can only wish they allow you to make the move.
Good luck and let us know.

Nearly Man
20th Feb 2012, 15:04
Aviator, well, things change out here as quick as the shifting sands. I only passed on what I saw at the time.
I have heard it has changed but no body knows for sure, as if you do try for EK I'm sure EY will know within about 2 minutes chum :}

saviboy
21st Feb 2012, 02:33
Nobody knows for sure except the guys who were told: "sorry you did a good job at the selection, but EY doesnt want you to leave after 24 months from date of hiring".....
fast forward to 24 months from date of hiring: "sorry the ban is now permanent"
But as you say, these things change quickly

aviator3200
21st Feb 2012, 03:20
Nearly man and saviboy

I totally agree with you but a friend of mine.... recently passed EK screening and as soon as he will be ready to leave EY there will be no strings attached.Plus EK keeps your seat frozen for one year after having successfully passed the selection
That's my 2 cent

Nearly Man
21st Feb 2012, 05:55
With DE coming to EK I think more will go up the road. Don't know if the Captains deal is better but for FOs it certainly will be even with the carrot of early commands at EY.

aviator3200
21st Feb 2012, 06:32
I think that early upgrade is still a better deal in Ey...

kobe747
25th Feb 2012, 22:03
HI everybody, I am going soon for the EY assessment ,I would appreciate any information about it ,please send it to me as PM.
Thanks so much:confused:

flyzede
29th Feb 2012, 23:19
Hi!
Anyone applying to Etihad and still waiting for the answer?
I've sent my application on the 10th of January and so far nothing... Just the automatic e-mail saying that they will keep in touch shortly...

Thanks!

chrislikesblue
1st Mar 2012, 02:39
Hi kobe747 how are you? If you do the assessment do you mind telling me how was it? I am also interested in applying to Etihad,I would like to know how the assessment is so i can prepare for it. Thanks and good luck!

Coto
1st Mar 2012, 07:28
20th january and with the same result...

flyzede
3rd Mar 2012, 20:39
Hi,
I've sent my application to Etihad last January (on the 10th) and got the automatic mail but still waiting for the invitation...
I'll be in the UAE next week (vacation) and I was thinking about going to Etihad offices and ask for my application... If it's everything ok with it...

Can any of you help me with this issue? Should I go there? Or should I just wait for the invitation? Cause it may be an unique opportunity to keep in touch personally with them... or maybe not...

Help!

flyzede
5th Mar 2012, 09:13
For reasons unknown I didn't got your PM Nearly...

DHC-8
6th Mar 2012, 18:44
Hello everybody:

To Flyzede : unless you know someone in HR i don't see how you can get in as security is a bit tight however you can still try..i personnaly applied in OCT 2011 and still nothing..recruitment is a bit slow in the region as it's sponging people worldwide..put a full load of courage as the EAT's are xx:xx Z ..c yah

flyzede
6th Mar 2012, 23:15
Thanks DHC for your comment, I guess I'll see at the moment I arrive, if I'm in the mood to go there personally or not.
Unfortunantelly I don't know no one from the HR...
I've applied for the F/O A320 vacancy. What about you?

Cheers!

320capt.
8th Mar 2012, 11:28
Hi everybody,

Can someone shed some light on what is the current upgrade requirements for F/o's at EY, and is there a backlog. I am considering applying as typerated F/o on 330/340. Have 2500 hrs command on type, therefore upgrade time would be key consideration for me. additionally is there a policy for Bus drivers to take command on 320? I know there is some info in the thread about these questions but need the current scenario. Any help would be appreciated.

DHC-8
9th Mar 2012, 18:52
Hi Flyzede: im on 738 but i will accept anything from EY doesn't matter, good luck and keep in touch.

For 320capt : As far as F/O seats for captains is conserned the fact is that a friend of mine got a negative answer invoking CRM and he had 10000+ hrs on heavy jets.
C yah guys.

dmacnz
14th Mar 2012, 05:19
If anyone had any recent info on interview would be much appreciated.
Also current pay scales info would be great.

Thanks

cheakymunkie
16th Mar 2012, 07:46
Apparently the first stage of selection is a telephone interview. Can anyone shed some light on this? Do they schedule a time and date or could they call at any time? Is it just a quick chat to check your English, or is it a properly structured interview? Any info very much appreciated. PM me if you prefer.... Thanks.

dmacnz
17th Mar 2012, 23:06
I don't think these any telephone interview! I was just offered a interview and is the same 3 days interview talked about previously.

flyzede
18th Mar 2012, 11:04
Hi!
How long did you wait for the invitation since you applied? Did you applied for the A320?

Thanks,

flyzede

dmacnz
18th Mar 2012, 13:27
1 month to the day

Bolubo
20th Mar 2012, 15:48
Hi there,

I'm rated FO with 2700 TT, apply for the position online and got the reply for interview invitation approximately 5 days after. Really need help on preparation for tech exam and Interview. ie. books to review, useful websites. And could anyone on A320 be so nice to share the typical monthly Roaster by pm.

any response very much appreciated. :)

cheers

flyzede
20th Mar 2012, 23:15
5 days?? :eek:
World Record I guess... I'm still waiting it's been 70 days... and I applied with 2000 hours on the A320... :rolleyes:

Good luck to you!!!