Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

RYR - Roster patterns

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

RYR - Roster patterns

Old 19th Jan 2023, 18:37
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: England
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RYR

Evening guys and girls

I've been out of RYR for about 6 years now so I'm a bit out of date with what they're offering.

I'm interested to know a bit more about the roster patterns they're offering nowadays. Is it still 5/4, 5/4 a week of earlies and then a week of lates?

Which are the best UK bases?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bendig; 20th Jan 2023 at 06:46. Reason: No one has replied
Bendig is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2023, 11:27
  #2 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: England
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one can help? 😢

Is there no one that can help
😢😢😢

Originally Posted by Bendig
Evening guys and girls

I've been out of RYR for about 6 years now so I'm a bit out of date with what they're offering.

I'm interested to know a bit more about the roster patterns they're offering nowadays. Is it still 5/4, 5/4 a week of earlies and then a week of lates?

Which are the best UK bases?

Thanks in advance.
Bendig is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2023, 11:49
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Not in UK
Posts: 78
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFAIK 5/4 in all UK bases going forward. And in general the roster is very stable and one of the main reasons to join FR I suppose.

However you should note that it is possible for the company to change the roster patter in certain circumstances and I believe PIK was Fri-Mon ON Tue-Thu OFF during the winter due to the small size of the base. I don't know if this is possible again next winter. Maybe someone can go into more detail.

Its pretty easy information to find on the net but off the top of my head UK bases are PIK, EDI, Belfast City, NCL, MAN, Liverpool, Leeds, EMA, BHX, STN, LTN, Bristol

santacruz is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2023, 11:51
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Not in UK
Posts: 78
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the big circles on the ryanair route map are the bases. But looks like they didn't remove GLA and haven't yet added NCL

https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/cheap-flight-destinations
santacruz is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2023, 11:59
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.K.
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by santacruz
AFAIK 5/4 in all UK bases going forward. And in general the roster is very stable and one of the main reasons to join FR I suppose.

However you should note that it is possible for the company to change the roster patter in certain circumstances and I believe PIK was Fri-Mon ON Tue-Thu OFF during the winter due to the small size of the base. I don't know if this is possible again next winter. Maybe someone can go into more detail.

Its pretty easy information to find on the net but off the top of my head UK bases are PIK, EDI, Belfast City, NCL, MAN, Liverpool, Leeds, EMA, BHX, STN, LTN, Bristol
Belfast City BHD hasn't been a base since 2010. Belfast International BFS may be a base this summer but even then, it appears some routes are to be operated by Air Explore of Slovakia.
PinOnTheRight is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2023, 12:00
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Not in UK
Posts: 78
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PinOnTheRight
Belfast City BHD hasn't been a base since 2010. Belfast International BFS may be a base this summer but even then, it appears some routes are to be operated by Air Explore of Slovakia.
Okay I thought Belfast CITY was opening this summer but must have been mistaken.

Any chance with things being so tight in UK they might open up Non rated DEC recruitment?
santacruz is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2023, 08:40
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 243
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Is Ryanair approaching the point where they may consider sponsoring non UK residents for a work visa?
Colonel_Klink is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2023, 10:34
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Not in UK
Posts: 78
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colonel_Klink
Is Ryanair approaching the point where they may consider sponsoring non UK residents for a work visa?
All just rumours but apparently a lot of resignations in UKwhile they were already struggling to crew UK flights. A lot of Irish crew being used in UK based.

Itís obvious that they are struggling more in UK just by looking at the vacancies on the website.

Iím hoping UK NTR DEC opens up nextÖ
santacruz is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2023, 19:58
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last few 6 months have gone crazy with airlines recruiting.

RYR going to struggling this summer for sure.

J2 from April paying £75k to FO. SFO £85k. Captain £130k. All basic salaries.

BA £65k basic before adding £15-£20k extras.

TUI pay is pretty good from what I hear.

DHL I think is £70k basic at least.


RYR contract is laughable.
JFO £39k. FO £50k basic.
Upgrade Captain 1st year £91500 2nd £98250 3rd £105k
Yeah RYR add extras on blah blah. Even add the pension on so they will tell you based on 800hrs blah blah. Yeah ok.
They got to have to open the wallet to slow everyone leaving.
AIMINGHIGH123 is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2023, 14:08
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: France
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been with Ryanair for 20 years and the roster is very stable with very little out of base, very little messing about and get left alone most of the time, Min fuel where possible and if I need or see a requirement to have extra fuel I do so, ie if coming into the STN with winter storms I'd be landing with 5 tons or more to cover go rounds diversions etc and so long as you make a note why I've never been asked to explain in person. Take home is about £4600 after making £4900 in AVC pension payments.

Last edited by Steve1968; 23rd Jan 2023 at 06:24.
Steve1968 is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2023, 19:55
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: AUS
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve1968
Been with Ryanair for 20 years and the roster is very stable with very little out of base, very little messing about and get left alone most of the time, Min fuel where possible and if I need or see a requirement to have extra fuel I do so, ie if coming into the STN with winter storms I'd be landing with 5 tons or more to cover go rounds diversions etc and so long as you make a note why I've never been asked to explain in person. Take home is about £4600 after making £4900 in VOC pension payments.

£4,600 net after 20 years???????
ToCatLady is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 06:24
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: France
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes if you read the post, Thats after paying £4900 in AVC's which is not a bad take home pay
Steve1968 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 06:29
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: France
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by santacruz
All just rumours but apparently a lot of resignations in UKwhile they were already struggling to crew UK flights. A lot of Irish crew being used in UK based.

Itís obvious that they are struggling more in UK just by looking at the vacancies on the website.

Iím hoping UK NTR DEC opens up nextÖ
I doubt it at the present time, There are plenty of people leaving for the far east but how many ? nobody knows except the UK Flight ops Managers. For info I'm still getting two or three standbys a week and not getting called out, so not understaffed here at STN..
Steve1968 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 07:59
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ToCatLady
£4,600 net after 20 years???????
Originally Posted by Steve1968
Yes if you read the post, Thats after paying £4900 in AVC's which is not a bad take home pay
Not that good when at BA even as FO after 20 years you would be on more.
AIMINGHIGH123 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 13:58
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
The last few 6 months have gone crazy with airlines recruiting.

RYR going to struggling this summer for sure.

J2 from April paying £75k to FO. SFO £85k. Captain £130k. All basic salaries.

BA £65k basic before adding £15-£20k extras.

TUI pay is pretty good from what I hear.

DHL I think is £70k basic at least.


RYR contract is laughable.
JFO £39k. FO £50k basic.
Upgrade Captain 1st year £91500 2nd £98250 3rd £105k
Yeah RYR add extras on blah blah. Even add the pension on so they will tell you based on 800hrs blah blah. Yeah ok.
They got to have to open the wallet to slow everyone leaving.
Jet2 and TUI are no doubt the leaders in the UK in terms of basic salary and overall conditions but to say the Ryanair contract is laughable when a FO will make 70K and a skipper £135K+ is scandalous. Canít speak much for TUI but Jet2 certainly has its negatives, especially as an FO!!!! You talk about Ďextras on blah blahí - yes an important factor - flight pay that succeeds either the aforementioned airlines, so donít talk about it like itís not an important factor in what you earn. The figures Iíve stated are based on 800hrs. Ryr is an airline were you will do 800+ comfortably.

BA euroflyer you will earn 65k as fo. This INCLUDES flight pay, now this is a contract that is laughable.

Ryr you will earn good money, they may not be the leader in terms of basic and conditions but it is without doubt - the most secure job out there. The 5/4 and basing network is the top trump card. It also overs unrivalled opportunities in terms of progression to training, management and office based roles or even jobs in Seattle should you desire. Moneys there to be made should you go down some of these avenues.

People have done the maths on various threads here, you earn more long term at ryr than you do going to the likes of BA.

Thereís pay rises at ryr agreed for 24í and 25í and I canít see this being accelerated. They have quite a few guys leaving, especially for the Middle East but they also arenít short in people applying.
HotelAlpha1 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 16:34
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by midnight cruiser
I never hit 135k at Ryanair, even in the one year (out of many) that I exceeded 800 hours, in most years; nowhere near. Then take off all the out of pocket expenses that are normally funded by the employer, and then take off standard T&C items like (increasingly essential) health cover, LOL, leave bidding (which rejects almost everything) etc and the package looks very inferior ... and still fresh in people's minds is how they had to make do on the basic government covid furlough handouts, and nothing more; and the 10% pay cut as a"welcome back"; Fair weather friends. So it comes down to how much you are willing to forego to get the 5/4 roster.
Here we are. Same here. As FO I didnít get any of the leave I wanted. Not many did from those I have spoken to.
Every company has its negatives. BA when youíre junior itís a bit crap. Probably working every weekend. 5 years in on SH from my previous colleagues they are getting more of the days they want off. Jumping to LHS yes you go to bottom of seniority but everyone joining BA knows this.

So you say BA Euro is poor. They need to up it for sure. Not by much. I compared my roster to my mates at LGW. Yes I had more days off but he hasnít done any 4 sectors out of LGW. 2 sector days no more than about 10hrs duty time was his max. That was a ďlongĒ day.
Easy to swap days plus on master seniority plus staff travel, private medical, uniform, etc.

Heres RYR:
Captain Basic £105,000 1st upgrade £91,500

2nd £98,250

Allowance £6,000

Annual Leave £2,897

Sector Pay £14,714

Pension £8000

Total Annual Pay (850hrs) £136,611 after 3rd year



Schedule Block Hour Rate (SBH)£17.31



FO After 1500hrs

Basic £50,000

Allowance £5,500

Annual Leave £2,897

Sector Pay £8,662

Pension £3,000

Total Annual Pay (850hrs) £70,058



Schedule Block Hour Rate (SBH)£10.19

RYR Allowances: Loss of Licence, Health Insurance, Sim Allowance, Car Parking, Medical, Uniform/ID, Water, Phone.

So if you going to compare like for like.

Take allowances and pension off RYR as they are not included in BA.

BA LHR FO £65k basic without extras. Extras £15k say. Will be more than that.
A very close mate of mine hasnít been below £4200 in his pocket since he started last year. £3k pay rise every year guaranteed. Negotiations on top of that. SoÖÖ..
£125k basic as FO after 20 years. Plus around £15k. £140k as FO.

Plus you would have a lot of say over your roster.
Plus staff travel world wide.
ect etc.





Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 23rd Jan 2023 at 16:48.
AIMINGHIGH123 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 17:12
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Winchester
Posts: 6,479
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jumping to LHS yes you go to bottom of seniority but everyone joining BA knows this.
Unless it's changed that's not quite how it works.

If you move seats you take your company seniority with you and slot into the new list i a w your number.

So it is (or was) possible to avoid going to the bottom by delaying a command but it's a tactic that carried risks.

​​​​​​​Open to correction..
wiggy is online now  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 17:26
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Airport Hotel
Posts: 130
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Ryanair offer excellent training and plenty of hours ….these assets are portable
Alrosa is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 17:53
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy
Unless it's changed that's not quite how it works.

If you move seats you take your company seniority with you and slot into the new list i a w your number.

So it is (or was) possible to avoid going to the bottom by delaying a command but it's a tactic that carried risks.

Open to correction..
Yes sorry thatís what I was told. Should have been clearer. I was thinking more going for quick command. Like you said itís possible to delay it.
AIMINGHIGH123 is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2023, 19:10
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: France
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
Not that good when at BA even as FO after 20 years you would be on more.
In my own bed every night with my own wife and spending my spare time in my workshop and where I want to be, 40 years in BA would never pay me enough to swap companys.20 years ago applied to Virgin got accepted and turned it down , best decision I ever made ,money motivated not at all, just life.
Steve1968 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.