PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR - Roster patterns
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 13:58
HotelAlpha1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AIMINGHIGH123
The last few 6 months have gone crazy with airlines recruiting.

RYR going to struggling this summer for sure.

J2 from April paying £75k to FO. SFO £85k. Captain £130k. All basic salaries.

BA £65k basic before adding £15-£20k extras.

TUI pay is pretty good from what I hear.

DHL I think is £70k basic at least.

RYR contract is laughable.
JFO £39k. FO £50k basic.
Upgrade Captain 1st year £91500 2nd £98250 3rd £105k
Yeah RYR add extras on blah blah. Even add the pension on so they will tell you based on 800hrs blah blah. Yeah ok.
They got to have to open the wallet to slow everyone leaving.
Jet2 and TUI are no doubt the leaders in the UK in terms of basic salary and overall conditions but to say the Ryanair contract is laughable when a FO will make 70K and a skipper £135K+ is scandalous. Can’t speak much for TUI but Jet2 certainly has its negatives, especially as an FO!!!! You talk about ‘extras on blah blah’ - yes an important factor - flight pay that succeeds either the aforementioned airlines, so don’t talk about it like it’s not an important factor in what you earn. The figures I’ve stated are based on 800hrs. Ryr is an airline were you will do 800+ comfortably.

BA euroflyer you will earn 65k as fo. This INCLUDES flight pay, now this is a contract that is laughable.

Ryr you will earn good money, they may not be the leader in terms of basic and conditions but it is without doubt - the most secure job out there. The 5/4 and basing network is the top trump card. It also overs unrivalled opportunities in terms of progression to training, management and office based roles or even jobs in Seattle should you desire. Moneys there to be made should you go down some of these avenues.

People have done the maths on various threads here, you earn more long term at ryr than you do going to the likes of BA.

There’s pay rises at ryr agreed for 24’ and 25’ and I can’t see this being accelerated. They have quite a few guys leaving, especially for the Middle East but they also aren’t short in people applying.