Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 19th Apr 2024, 17:19
  #861 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: HMP Slade
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are better gigs out there. Proper salary, allowances, pension, health care and management that actually give a toss about their employees. Why do people voluntarily enter into an abusive relationship?
Harry Grout is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2024, 19:02
  #862 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 292
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tortilla
Still fine for me. My roster is a mess since ever, so any kind of stability is more than welcome
5/4 in Wizz is a joke.
You start on day 1 with a super early (as early as 03:20 am local), and finish with a super late (extended) entering into your first day off beyond 02:00 am local.
Roster is highly disrupted and changing on a weekly basis.
6 planned extended duties in a month are the norm, like minimum rest. FRM is an acronym on some manual. Nothing more.
If you look for a real stable roster look elsewhere.
Wizz is a sinking boat in fact people are leaving every week.
Best to All.
Giuff is online now  
Old 20th Apr 2024, 16:29
  #863 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hole
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In one thing Wizz is absolut unique:

Flight OPS is ruled from Cabin Crew. Have never seen something like this. Some might like it others not.
AERO75 is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2024, 18:14
  #864 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giuff
5/4 in Wizz is a joke.
You start on day 1 with a super early (as early as 03:20 am local), and finish with a super late (extended) entering into your first day off beyond 02:00 am local.
Roster is highly disrupted and changing on a weekly basis.
6 planned extended duties in a month are the norm, like minimum rest. FRM is an acronym on some manual. Nothing more.
If you look for a real stable roster look elsewhere.
Wizz is a sinking boat in fact people are leaving every week.
Best to All.
pprune at its finest. I swear in every T&C thread there is one colleague who is sinking all the time.
While I agree with most of written here, some of the stuff bothers me way too much.
2am is latest possible checkout on 1st off day on fixed roster and its not always planned that late. Some bases even have curfew.
The rest is my experience: before I left wizz my roster was stable. I had around 1 extended duty per month on average. Sometimes a year without one. FRM team in my base worked hard to make humane rotations and roster. Fatigue reports were never punished or questioned even if you report every 2 weeks.

Mind you, Giuff is not lying. It's just his base sucks or sucked(hopefully you resigned man). Mine didn't.


Nikker is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2024, 18:55
  #865 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 292
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nikker
pprune at its finest. I swear in every T&C thread there is one colleague who is sinking all the time.
While I agree with most of written here, some of the stuff bothers me way too much.
2am is latest possible checkout on 1st off day on fixed roster and its not always planned that late. Some bases even have curfew.
The rest is my experience: before I left wizz my roster was stable. I had around 1 extended duty per month on average. Sometimes a year without one. FRM team in my base worked hard to make humane rotations and roster. Fatigue reports were never punished or questioned even if you report every 2 weeks.

Mind you, Giuff is not lying. It's just his base sucks or sucked(hopefully you resigned man). Mine didn't.
I am not here to convince anybody, good you left.
Got 6 extended duties planned in april only.
2 am is the target, always overshoot encroaching my day off and getting paid (lucky eh).
Probably my base sucks, but for what i hear its not the only one.
Planning to leave, had enough of it.
I truly hope Wizz will improve because it has a great potential and for many it could work.
Inshallah.

Last edited by Giuff; 21st Apr 2024 at 07:25.
Giuff is online now  
Old 20th Apr 2024, 20:47
  #866 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nikker
The rest is my experience: before I left wizz my roster was stable. I had around 1 extended duty per month on average. Sometimes a year without one. FRM team in my base worked hard to make humane rotations and roster. Fatigue reports were never punished or questioned even if you report every 2 weeks.
Why would you report fatigue every 2 weeks if your roster is stable, humane and without extended duties?
TBSC is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2024, 14:30
  #867 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSC
Why would you report fatigue every 2 weeks if your roster is stable, humane and without extended duties?
That's why I didn't report every 2 weeks. But some people,especially CC were abusing the FRM system and got away with it.
Nikker is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2024, 15:17
  #868 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: EU
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giuff
I am not here to convince anybody, good you left.
Got 6 extended duties planned in april only.
2 am is the target, always overshoot encroaching my day off and getting paid (lucky eh).
Probably my base sucks, but for what i hear its not the only one.
Planning to leave, had enough of it.
I truly hope Wizz will improve because it has a great potential and for many it could work.
Inshallah.
Can you share which base you are? Or as an insider do you know which bases „sucks” most?
Tortilla is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2024, 16:49
  #869 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hole
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tortilla
Can you share which base you are? Or as an insider do you know which bases „sucks” most?
imo:
the best VIE: ( best salary, way above AUA, net salary double LAUDA, lifestyle good)
worst KUT: ( salary good, lifestyle commuting complicated)
Italy salary worst in the network, lifstyle good, commuting good)
Romania: (salary good, lifestyle commuting depends/ roster exhausting)

AERO75 is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2024, 18:33
  #870 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Mordor
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tortilla
Can you share which base you are? Or as an insider do you know which bases „sucks” most?
Tirana, the most common base to be sent as a new joiner. Mostly 4 sector days to and from Italy. Highest turnover of both flight and cabin crew. Albanian operations are interesting to say the least.
halbeir is offline  
Old 24th Apr 2024, 03:49
  #871 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Estonia
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have an idea how long do cadets stay in Wizzair holding pool? On site they suggested it could be 6-8 months currently, but I have read online that some guys have exceeded 12 months in holding pool already. I passed my assesment in FEB24 and Wizz is my first preference right now as it provides A320 TR and great flying experience. Recently I got offer from another company to join on ATR72 for regional flights with training starting in June already. This makes it a though decision to make not knowing when or if Wizz would start the training.
CJ12 is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2024, 07:32
  #872 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Norway
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ12
Does anyone have an idea how long do cadets stay in Wizzair holding pool? On site they suggested it could be 6-8 months currently, but I have read online that some guys have exceeded 12 months in holding pool already. I passed my assesment in FEB24 and Wizz is my first preference right now as it provides A320 TR and great flying experience. Recently I got offer from another company to join on ATR72 for regional flights with training starting in June already. This makes it a though decision to make not knowing when or if Wizz would start the training.
I am in the same boat (pool) as you. I had my assessment mid-march this year, and recieved a positive answer about a month ago.

In the interview I was told that we could expect to start TR in july.
Gundercn is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2024, 10:07
  #873 (permalink)  
AK7
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how I can apply to Wizz Air Abu Dhabi with ICAO Frozen ATPL?
AK7 is offline  
Old 27th Apr 2024, 23:07
  #874 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Some where in the earth
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automated rejection WIZZ ABU DHABI

Hello guys I applied for Wizz Abu Dhabi, and after submitting the application, and once I fill up the hours link send by the recruitment. I am getting automated rejection. Even though I have met all the requirements. I currently fly A320 FO with 1500 Hrs. Does any one know how to solve this issue?
Aviator64 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2024, 19:51
  #875 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Here and there
Age: 50
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by halbeir
Tirana, the most common base to be sent as a new joiner. Mostly 4 sector days to and from Italy. Highest turnover of both flight and cabin crew. Albanian operations are interesting to say the least.
Everyone's situation is different. Advantages of Tirana: tax free salary, cheap (probably one of cheapest in the network) living, nice climate, easy operations, different roster options.
Albanian operations are way more organized than Malpensa or Fiumicino. It is all-time champion for on-time performance among large bases.
Dmitri is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2024, 19:53
  #876 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Here and there
Age: 50
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aviator64
Hello guys I applied for Wizz Abu Dhabi, and after submitting the application, and once I fill up the hours link send by the recruitment. I am getting automated rejection. Even though I have met all the requirements. I currently fly A320 FO with 1500 Hrs. Does any one know how to solve this issue?
Wizz Abu Dhabi is not hiring now anyway, as far as I know.
Dmitri is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2024, 07:18
  #877 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 292
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dmitri
Everyone's situation is different. Advantages of Tirana: tax free salary, cheap (probably one of cheapest in the network) living, nice climate, easy operations, different roster options.
Albanian operations are way more organized than Malpensa or Fiumicino. It is all-time champion for on-time performance among large bases.
3 types of pilots are being sent to TIA by the central people party council in Budapest:

1. new hires or fresh upgrades
2. bad apples
3. people who cannot fly from home at the moment (i.e. Ukrainians).
No one wants to go there on self will.


Tax free salary:
why would you want to pay taxes in the european "Colombia", where there is no social security or social system in the first place? Albania is equal to a central african country on that regard. And i love the place so its no racism here, its a fact.
Wizz know that, in fact they send people in crappy places to avoid taxation, so people feel in heaven when they actually are in a s@@thole.
Ask yourself why Wizz do not operate in Germany, Denmark, France or other northern countries.
Be aware, this is going to bite hard close to retirement. Wizz don't care about your retirement plans. They squeeze you to the max giving you a doped payslip.

Cheap place to live:
yes, if you live in a dump in Durres and commute to Tirana on a medieval high speed road with cows crossing day and night.
Try living in center Tirana with an european lifestyle, then tell me how it works at the end of the month.

Easy operations: better not to comment here but in my career i have never seen easy operations

Different rosters: 14/7 or 6/4 like elsewhere (more a 6/3 in reality).

OTP is a joke to give away amazon candies to naive staff, trading safety for a few minutes of delay; given that, OPS in MXP or FCO are slower for a simple reason, they work under a strict safety protocol, something which is totally lacking in TIA. And you know, as i know, what i am talking about if you are in TIA. Also, you cannot compare TIA with FCO or MXP in terms of size of the airport.

Best to All.





Last edited by Giuff; 29th Apr 2024 at 13:08.
Giuff is online now  
Old 29th Apr 2024, 10:42
  #878 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Here and there
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 to Giuff,

They are squeezing commuters more and more with new restrictions on commuting policies. I was living at the base but that was not my ultimate plan.They even push away people trying to live it positively. I cant see many reasons joining to this company other than home base without other carrier options, good colleagues and free TR. Even local friends of mine are waiting +2000h to escape to ME.
if you are experienced then after upgrade you will have to “Live” in one of the bases where no one will go because of this new commuting policy where commuting tickets are not guaranteed as it used to be. No jump seating no Stby tickets.



papalovesjumbo is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2024, 10:45
  #879 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 292
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papalovesjumbo
+1 to Giuff,

They are squeezing commuters more and more with new restrictions on commuting policies. I was living at the base but that was not my ultimate plan.They even push away people trying to live it positively. I cant see many reasons joining to this company other than home base without other carrier options, good colleagues and free TR. Even local friends of mine are waiting +2000h to escape to ME.
if you are experienced then after upgrade you will have to “Live” in one of the bases where no one will go because of this new commuting policy where commuting tickets are not guaranteed as it used to be. No jump seating no Stby tickets.
Ain't no Amazon candy guy here 👍🏻
What they did to commuters is uncommentable.
The pool of believers is drying up, now FOs apply to the ME with 1800hrs jet and put in pools to be called when hitting 2000hrs.

Best!

Last edited by Giuff; 29th Apr 2024 at 12:45.
Giuff is online now  
Old 29th Apr 2024, 19:28
  #880 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Here and there
Age: 50
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giuff
3 types of pilots are being sent to TIA by the central people party council in Budapest:

1. new hires or fresh upgrades
2. bad apples
3. people who cannot fly from home at the moment (i.e. Ukrainians).
No one wants to go there on self will.


Tax free salary:
why would you want to pay taxes in the european "Colombia", where there is no social security or social system in the first place? Albania is equal to a central african country on that regard. And i love the place so its no racism here, its a fact.
Wizz know that, in fact they send people in crappy places to avoid taxation, so people feel in heaven when they actually are in a s@@thole.
Ask yourself why Wizz do not operate in Germany, Denmark, France or other northern countries.
Be aware, this is going to bite hard close to retirement. Wizz don't care about your retirement plans. They squeeze you to the max giving you a doped payslip.

Cheap place to live:
yes, if you live in a dump in Durres and commute to Tirana on a medieval high speed road with cows crossing day and night.
Try living in center Tirana with an european lifestyle, then tell me how it works at the end of the month.

Easy operations: better not to comment here but in my career i have never seen easy operations

Different rosters: 14/7 or 6/4 like elsewhere (more a 6/3 in reality).

OTP is a joke to give away amazon candies to naive staff, trading safety for a few minutes of delay; given that, OPS in MXP or FCO are slower for a simple reason, they work under a strict safety protocol, something which is totally lacking in TIA. And you know, as i know, what i am talking about if you are in TIA. Also, you cannot compare TIA with FCO or MXP in terms of size of the airport.

Best to All.
I am not privy to the decisions of Budapest guys, but I believe they send new joiners and upgrades where they need them. Happened to be Italy too. And obviously people with no EU nationality cannot work at EU bases.

You don't like Albania, that's fine. As I said everyone and everyone's situation is different. There is no point to exaggerate. I prefer Durres to Tirana. There is no cows crossing the high speed road due to a concrete barrier separating directions of travel.
Germany and Denmark (god forbid) are not everyone's heaven either. Personally I prefer Albania to those 2 countries.
Whatever was said before, salary is still tax free in Albania. I don't care about pensions, I have it earned already.
Nobody forces you to stay in TIA. FCO waiting list is virtually empty. Everyone applied before March has got it already.
Should you prefer to pay 3-4 times Durres's price for a dump in Gallarate or Ostia, you can always do that.

Rosters: 14/7 is only available in Albania, Romania, FCO, MXP, and KUT. TIA also has 15/15 and reverse, but you have chosen to ignore that. 6/4 doesn't exist. It is 5/4.
FCO and especially MXP are slow because they are not organized, and not because of some safety protocols. I have my share of stories. And yes, being a small airport is an advantage of TIA.
Dmitri is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.