Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 7th May 2023, 15:37
  #621 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 803
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giuff
Not at all. Peanuts on variable pay. Bleeding pilots like crazy. Daily exodus. Some 40 acfts wet leased for summer.
Make your assumptions.
Yep. They started to cancel (and reduce frequency of) peak season holiday flights, it will be another interesting summer. But hey, they will be PINK "Punctual, Innovative, New and Knowledgeable".
TBSC is offline  
Old 7th May 2023, 15:40
  #622 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSC
Yep. They started to cancel (and reduce frequency of) peak season holiday flights, it will be another interesting summer .
Summer will be a massacre. I would not suggest wizz flights for holidays.
Hopefully by fall investors will take their decisions.
Otherwise diving steep into failure.
Giuff is offline  
Old 7th May 2023, 15:43
  #623 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSC
Yep. They started to cancel (and reduce frequency of) peak season holiday flights, it will be another interesting summer. But hey, they will be PINK "Punctual, Innovative, New and Knowledgeable".
ah...they have no idea whatsoever.
Giuff is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 06:53
  #624 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 704
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A slowdown in recruitment doesn't match well with the current situation, it seems. Or are they going to ground their own aircraft and rely on ACMI companies for a third summer in a row?
PilotLZ is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 09:46
  #625 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
A slowdown in recruitment doesn't match well with the current situation, it seems. Or are they going to ground their own aircraft and rely on ACMI companies for a third summer in a row?
That is obvious. And rely also on people flying from off.
Giuff is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 10:43
  #626 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Mars
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear guys,
I have been shortlisted for an assessment for Wizz last week.
I can't actually book any dates in the near future, because the only date available is fully booked.
I want to be straight: 2 years ago the pass rate was ridiculously low (6/7 successful candidates out of 35/40 each sitting) I've been unsuccessful at that time.
But 2 years ago was a different scenario, and also my experience was lower.
What could I expect now ?
I fancy join Wizz but with already another job and other 3 offers, I don't want to waste my time and maybe to fail because of the colour of my tie ( you know what I mean).
Hogos is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 11:06
  #627 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hogos
Dear guys,
I have been shortlisted for an assessment for Wizz last week.
I can't actually book any dates in the near future, because the only date available is fully booked.
I want to be straight: 2 years ago the pass rate was ridiculously low (6/7 successful candidates out of 35/40 each sitting) I've been unsuccessful at that time.
But 2 years ago was a different scenario, and also my experience was lower.
What could I expect now ?
I fancy join Wizz but with already another job and other 3 offers, I don't want to waste my time and maybe to fail because of the colour of my tie ( you know what I mean).
If you have a job and 3 other options, do not waste your time. It won't be any better.
Giuff is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 12:13
  #628 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 704
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone shed any light on actual pass rates these days? They've been historically low with Wizz.
PilotLZ is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 13:24
  #629 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Mars
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giuff
If you have a job and 3 other options, do not waste your time. It won't be any better.
The reson why I fancy wizz is for my future upgrade (even if not soon), and maybe to get closer home one day.
I know that shifts are exhausting, and I'll be squeezed like a lemon, but it's good to move on quicker.
Anyway I was curious to know how much is the actual demand and the pass rate nowadays.
Thank you
Hogos is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 17:50
  #630 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hogos
The reson why I fancy wizz is for my future upgrade (even if not soon), and maybe to get closer home one day.
I know that shifts are exhausting, and I'll be squeezed like a lemon, but it's good to move on quicker.
Anyway I was curious to know how much is the actual demand and the pass rate nowadays.
Thank you
if you wish and happy to be squeezed, flying max hrs nearly illegally, well, thats your place then.
Good luck for your upgrade. Best.
Aviation is doomed.
Giuff is offline  
Old 8th May 2023, 17:52
  #631 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: WWW
Posts: 149
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giuff
if you wish and happy to be squeezed, flying max hrs nearly illegally, well, thats your place then.
Good luck for your upgrade. Best.
Aviation is doomed.
On the plus side I heard the pension is pretty decent and the selection process is quite relaxed!
roll_over is online now  
Old 8th May 2023, 17:53
  #632 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roll_over
On the plus side I heard the pension is pretty decent and the selection process is quite relaxed!
Yep. Sure.
Giuff is offline  
Old 9th May 2023, 15:24
  #633 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 704
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of the NASA-level assessment, didn't they get some hard cash from the Hungarian government for every assessed candidate at some point shortly after COVID? There was some hangar talk about this, but surely over a year ago. Basically, rumours were that the Hungarian government had some program for post-COVID unemployment reduction in place and they paid Hungarian-based companies for each interviewed job candidate as part of it. I cannot swear that this was true, but I've heard it from more than one source. In case it was indeed true, it made lots of sense to interview people in bulk for what was just a handful of positions. Does anyone have any more information on that matter?
PilotLZ is offline  
Old 9th May 2023, 20:51
  #634 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU
Posts: 37
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
Speaking of the NASA-level assessment, didn't they get some hard cash from the Hungarian government for every assessed candidate at some point shortly after COVID? There was some hangar talk about this, but surely over a year ago. Basically, rumours were that the Hungarian government had some program for post-COVID unemployment reduction in place and they paid Hungarian-based companies for each interviewed job candidate as part of it. I cannot swear that this was true, but I've heard it from more than one source. In case it was indeed true, it made lots of sense to interview people in bulk for what was just a handful of positions. Does anyone have any more information on that matter?
Yes,there was one guy in telegram group who was trying to convince everyone that they sponsor tourism like that.
The way I see it, Hungary received 14.2 million tourists last year. I guess most of them spent more than 1-2 nights in Ibis hotel near Wizz Training Center. Imagine paying after that for few thousand jobless individuals who will stay in a middle of nowhere for 48(if passed the first day) hours and leave. Not to mention Hungarian government never made any favors for this airline.

Should I even mention that that guy who was behind this conspiracy theory didn't pass his assessment ?
Nikker is offline  
Old 9th May 2023, 20:53
  #635 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 803
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was no such incentives announced by the government nor any related info reported by media outlets (the ones still in touch with reality).
TBSC is offline  
Old 23rd May 2023, 05:22
  #636 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Hennigsdorf
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I will start my modular training soon. Does anyone what the assessment pass rate for NTR FO cadet level is (200 TT) ? Can one reapply after a failed assessment and what is the cooldown period? Also how likely is it to get the LCA base?

​​​
Flyr22 is offline  
Old 23rd May 2023, 08:16
  #637 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Hennigsdorf
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would the person who PMed me the 15/86 figures PM me his username again? The message got deleted instead of archived..
Flyr22 is offline  
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:21
  #638 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!

Originally Posted by Flyr22
Hello,
I will start my modular training soon. Does anyone what the assessment pass rate for NTR FO cadet level is (200 TT) ?
​​​
Around 15% normally.

Can one reapply after a failed assessment and what is the cooldown period?
​​​
Depends on the stage you failed. Usually 12 months.

Also how likely is it to get the LCA base?
​​​
You probably wouldn't get LCA as a first base, but you can jump to waitlist and wait for a base change. It may take up to 1 year for FO to get a desired base, but really depends on current situation
If you are starting now your traning, probably tou will get your license and ratings in 2025, which is too far for estimations. A lot of things may change until that time.

Good luck!
SierraTangoBravo is offline  
Old 27th May 2023, 15:21
  #639 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Vienna
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vienna Base

hey guys.. any idea if wizz air is currently recruiting experienced a320 captains for Vienna base.. thanks heaps.. i would like to apply but in the job application it does not say anything regarding vienna base etc..
CaptSim is offline  
Old 28th May 2023, 08:53
  #640 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Italy
Posts: 177
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can forget about Vienna base. The waiting list for Vienna is the longest in the network.
enzino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.