Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

SunExpress Recruitment

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

SunExpress Recruitment

Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:40
  #301 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: where I lay my hat
Posts: 75
They fly 737-800 not C150 so Raw Data flying is not encouraged.
Well said that man! (Or woman)!

In one of my weaker moments, I agreed to go to a rated DEC interview with the Turkish arm of SXS, but their HR were so idiotic, obstructive and rude to deal with, I gave up and never went, so I could only assume they have rated pilots growing on trees there!
midnight cruiser is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 23:24
  #302 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: somewhere in europe
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
They fly 737-800 not C150 so Raw Data flying is not encouraged. All arrivals at ESB and SAW are procedural, very few visual approaches these days.
you ARE encouraged to fly Raw Data!! For sure you can not expect a lot of visual approaches into ESB or SAW but at the Anadolian destinations you are welcome to fly a visual approach or a Raw Data ILS or VOR approach as long as you are stabilized at 1000ft!
B738 is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 09:45
  #303 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: World
Posts: 13
Thank you very much for the answers.
AirInter is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 10:05
  #304 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ZKPY
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by B738 View Post
you ARE encouraged to fly Raw Data!! For sure you can not expect a lot of visual approaches into ESB or SAW but at the Anadolian destinations you are welcome to fly a visual approach or a Raw Data ILS or VOR approach as long as you are stabilized at 1000ft!
I can confirm this.
There are no rules or expectations on how to fly the aircraft whatsoever at SunExpress. Except for the SOPs of course, you are free to chose any MCP mode or simply handfly it as much as you like.
Some airports, like the Anadolian ones (Trabzon, Kayseri, Elazig, Van, Diyarbakir) will let you fly visuals.
lansen is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 12:27
  #305 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: World
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by B738 View Post
you ARE encouraged to fly Raw Data!! For sure you can not expect a lot of visual approaches into ESB or SAW but at the Anadolian destinations you are welcome to fly a visual approach or a Raw Data ILS or VOR approach as long as you are stabilized at 1000ft!
Originally Posted by lansen View Post
I can confirm this.
There are no rules or expectations on how to fly the aircraft whatsoever at SunExpress. Except for the SOPs of course, you are free to chose any MCP mode or simply handfly it as much as you like.
Some airports, like the Anadolian ones (Trabzon, Kayseri, Elazig, Van, Diyarbakir) will let you fly visuals.
Nice to read that.
Thank you for the replies.
AirInter is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 12:46
  #306 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: where I lay my hat
Posts: 75
Hand flying and visuals is one thing - flight directors off is quite another - amateurish and poor airmanship. The Turkish terrain doesn't give second chances.
midnight cruiser is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 14:54
  #307 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fl410
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by midnight cruiser View Post
Hand flying and visuals is one thing - flight directors off is quite another - amateurish and poor airmanship. The Turkish terrain doesn't give second chances.
what are you talking about!
sekmeth is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 15:23
  #308 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: where I lay my hat
Posts: 75
Oh dear!

Well I don't want to digress too much (I didn't start this btw! ) but the Turkish mountains are the last place you want to be doing something which usually starts with "hey pal, watch this (I'm so frikkin clever)", and usually ends with a hard GPWS, with 190 people held hostage to the pilots ego.
midnight cruiser is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 17:14
  #309 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 153
Hey here.

Nothing related to hand flying skills ( it does but not directly ), I was supposed to start my TR with them last October but unlucky been postponed to January ( so now ) but I have no news. Is anyone waiting for TR too ?
Mlambin is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 20:18
  #310 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: somewhere in europe
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by midnight cruiser View Post
Hand flying and visuals is one thing - flight directors off is quite another - amateurish and poor airmanship. The Turkish terrain doesn't give second chances.
It depends on the conditions when and where you fly with FD off! If the weather is good there is nothing to say against a Raw Data departure with a DME-arc and a radial intercept, but in bad weather itís another story!

As already mentioned, in SXS they allow you to fly raw data at any time and a lot of people are doing this when the weather is good to stay current with basic IFR-flying!
B738 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.