Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Information about Aegean Airways

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Information about Aegean Airways

Old 21st Nov 2018, 16:01
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Reup
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by Luibar View Post
Apparentely expat Captain pay is 8100 euros. Don't know if there's anything else on top of that. If not, after taxes doesn't sound very interesting.
3 years ago used to be 8950 euro gross, if I am not mistaken.
Arewerunning is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 16:24
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: south of north
Posts: 30
If i remember correctly back then they were using CAE PARC AVIATION in Ireland and RESOURCE GROUP in Switzerland.

Both set up were quite -mh- interesting...
stranotipo is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2018, 17:19
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: the boot
Posts: 189
Originally Posted by Luibar View Post
Apparentely expat Captain pay is 8100 euros. Don't know if there's anything else on top of that. If not, after taxes doesn't sound very interesting.

that means with swiss social security: 8100Ä -7%= 7533Ä gross... then you have to pay taxes. It is a really crappy salary to say the least
azdriver is offline  
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 18:09
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: EU
Age: 30
Posts: 11
Cant say with Captains for sure. FOs go through Resource Group(ex contractair) either through Switzerland or Germany. From Switzerland at least taxes are your own personal problem, so for people who feel playing around im sure theres money to be gained. If you dont live in the hotel you also get +1000e housing allowance on top.

EDIT. FO pay is around 5k gross average over the year if you dont live in the hotel, overtime paid after 75block

Life in Greece is generally pretty amazing, prices are cheap and you can go spend the summer in one of the islands(You could get a personal bungalow in 5 star resorts, rental cars to move around etc etc). Trip hotels are also in general super nice.

Crews are generally great, but expect to hear a lot of greek spoken everywhere. Learn some and you wont have any problems.

Workload can be nuts in the summer, expect to be doing at worst 6-1 roster, at best 5-3(this will not happen for sure ). Also nights, mornings evenings split duties, 6 sector days all mixed up. You can swap with other crew though through a system which makes it much less painful now. Also rosters can come out very late.

In winter roster are very very relaxed, you can also do part time. Expect lots of stby otherswise(dont worry, wont be called in most of the time)

Flying itself is AMAZING. Hand flying? Go ahead! Visual approach? Sure why not. Want a challenge? Go to 50% of the islands on suboptimal conditions, hell even athens approaches can be pretty interesting. You have long flights, short flights, mornings, evenings, nights. You name it they have it. Fancy business class dinner, most of the time you can get one. I could go on

Aegean operations and all office and management crew are very professional and helpful, expect personal treatment, and issues/requests can be very much discussed about in logical manner, compromises can be made. You dont really run into stupid things just because ''its procedure''. Professional treatment also great, you wont be cashing out for taxis or anything yourself, things are taken care of.

Apart from the workload/rostering problems in summers not much to complain about(you can still get around this) Lots of delays in the summer due to ATC. Also staff travel is a bit of a mystery at the moment, you will for sure get staff tickets with Aegean/Olympic, the rest is unclear for now.

Im sure people know in general how contracting agencies are so I wont go in detail. I wasnt necessarily very impressed by some things I saw. Salaries do come in time always though!.

If you dont have problems with being a contractor, with yearly renewable contracts etc. And can manage your rest and workload in the summer, I would certainly give Aegean more than a few thoughts.

Best of luck-

M
Murtoman is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2018, 20:11
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ALTCRZ
Posts: 25
Thank you for your answers, it looks interesting. I'm wondering about the "tax" challenge...

Originally Posted by Murtoman View Post
Cant say with Captains for sure. FOs go through Resource Group(ex contractair) either through Switzerland or Germany. From Switzerland at least taxes are your own personal problem, so for people who feel playing around im sure theres money to be gained. If you dont live in the hotel you also get +1000e housing allowance on top.

EDIT. FO pay is around 5k gross average over the year if you dont live in the hotel, overtime paid after 75block

Life in Greece is generally pretty amazing, prices are cheap and you can go spend the summer in one of the islands(You could get a personal bungalow in 5 star resorts, rental cars to move around etc etc). Trip hotels are also in general super nice.

Crews are generally great, but expect to hear a lot of greek spoken everywhere. Learn some and you wont have any problems.

Workload can be nuts in the summer, expect to be doing at worst 6-1 roster, at best 5-3(this will not happen for sure ). Also nights, mornings evenings split duties, 6 sector days all mixed up. You can swap with other crew though through a system which makes it much less painful now. Also rosters can come out very late.

In winter roster are very very relaxed, you can also do part time. Expect lots of stby otherswise(dont worry, wont be called in most of the time)

Flying itself is AMAZING. Hand flying? Go ahead! Visual approach? Sure why not. Want a challenge? Go to 50% of the islands on suboptimal conditions, hell even athens approaches can be pretty interesting. You have long flights, short flights, mornings, evenings, nights. You name it they have it. Fancy business class dinner, most of the time you can get one. I could go on

Aegean operations and all office and management crew are very professional and helpful, expect personal treatment, and issues/requests can be very much discussed about in logical manner, compromises can be made. You dont really run into stupid things just because ''its procedure''. Professional treatment also great, you wont be cashing out for taxis or anything yourself, things are taken care of.

Apart from the workload/rostering problems in summers not much to complain about(you can still get around this) Lots of delays in the summer due to ATC. Also staff travel is a bit of a mystery at the moment, you will for sure get staff tickets with Aegean/Olympic, the rest is unclear for now.

Im sure people know in general how contracting agencies are so I wont go in detail. I wasnt necessarily very impressed by some things I saw. Salaries do come in time always though!.

If you dont have problems with being a contractor, with yearly renewable contracts etc. And can manage your rest and workload in the summer, I would certainly give Aegean more than a few thoughts.

Best of luck-

M
Murtoman, what about fo salary? and which bases are available?
180Knots is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2018, 13:48
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 227
EDIT. FO pay is around 5k gross average over the year if you dont live in the hotel, overtime paid after 75block
This means the Gross for FO is around 4000 euros + 1000 euros housing? If so, it is on the low site. Even for Captains.

If I understand, they are proposing 1 year contracts and you have to take care of your own taxes. Overtime is something contractors achieve or they "manage" the rosters to be always in the 75 hours?
Luibar is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2018, 15:46
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: EU
Age: 30
Posts: 11
The actual number is a bit higher, but after some mandatory social security/pension contributions to switzerland that is pretty much what is averages to. You have to also remember that for 1000 for housing a month in greece you live like a king. With 500 all in you can get a very decent furnished flat in a great area.

This is indeed for FOs, I dont remember the captain numbers.

In the summer you will 100% certainly get over 75h rosters. If you want to its easy to swap your flights to reach higher numbers even if the roster ends up at around 75.

I think the initial contract is 2 years, then 1 year renewable.

EDIT again. Bases in the winter really only Athens for expats. Summer you have Rhodes, Heraklion, Larnaca, Kalamata, Thessaloniki from the top of my head, you can also ask to mix these up and do different places. For FO its usually for the second summer though.
Murtoman is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2018, 10:53
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cardif
Posts: 8
Salary for Captain

Someone can please give me some numbers about the Captain salary and possible bases.
The base is stable or change during the year?
What about the roster?
Thanks for your help
Airbus.driver. is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 12:51
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Poland
Posts: 11
Does anybody knows after how long they call you for an interview/assessment after applied directly via their website? They renew their advertisement every month.
I know that for young guys they call them soon. It doesn't matter how many hours they have on Bus.
But for the rest with min. 500hrs if there is some information would be appreciated!
obelix360 is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 13:51
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cardif
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by obelix360 View Post
Does anybody knows after how long they call you for an interview/assessment after applied directly via their website? They renew their advertisement every month.
I know that for young guys they call them soon. It doesn't matter how many hours they have on Bus.
But for the rest with min. 500hrs if there is some information would be appreciated!
Hi Obelix, I did the online application with Aegean, but after a while they made me contact Jordan Brown of contractair
because they donít recruit directly (if you are not Greek)... try to contact him it is much easy, really soon they will call you for the SIM in Frankfurt and after some days you will go to Athen for the interview and OCC directly

Last edited by Airbus.driver.; 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:14.
Airbus.driver. is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2019, 22:02
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 227
According to PPJN Aegean is somewhat having some difficulty in finding pilots due to poor conditions on offer.
Luibar is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2019, 06:21
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Up to the North
Posts: 1
Someone can please give me some numbers about the Captain salary and possible bases.
The base is stable or change during the year?
What about the roster?
Captain salary 7500 euros for 75 hrs fixed rate which need to be taxed in your home country unless you do some magic.
PPJN says 500 euro/month to be spent for buying tickets to commute.

8 days off/month,additional 2 days of ann leave accrued every month which can be added to your off days to increase your total time off.Alternatively you can save them but they won't give them to you during the summer.Plenty of 4 sectors/day.Few layovers only during summer


AU

Last edited by AusterUber3XX; 29th Mar 2019 at 13:29.
AusterUber3XX is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2019, 10:07
  #113 (permalink)  
ZAV
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 79
Not sure where you get your figures from? And to be honest there is now a bit of a wait list to get into Aegean. Ok granted not the highest paid on the market but one of the best around. Do you remember the days when Airlines treated crews with respect? Well this lot certainly do . For quality of life canít be beaten. Very decent Airline and although I say this with gritted teeth, pretty good Agency too.
ZAV is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2019, 20:32
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 227
Captain salary 7500 euros for 75 hrs fixed rate
They reduced the salary from 8100 euros to 7500 euros?

Luibar is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 04:15
  #115 (permalink)  
ZAV
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 79
That is Net! Not Gross what is it you don’t understand ? I have a good pal there and he confirms you are talking rubbish
ZAV is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:10
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 38
Hello guys, has anyone info how it is for a newbie in Aegean who does the tpe and line training? What the salary looks like etc. Any info will be appreciated !
paul_v1 is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2019, 20:35
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by paul_v1 View Post
Hello guys, has anyone info how it is for a newbie in Aegean who does the tpe and line training? What the salary looks like etc. Any info will be appreciated !
Hi there,
I'm also a newbie, just finished the ATO and got the CPL(A).
I send my application directly to Aegean and wanted to ask in the round, if somebody was either in the first stage or also in the second and what can somebody expect at the interview, like some questions as an example.
What questions do you get? Which were the tricky ones etc etc.
I'd would be a great help to the future candidates!

Thank you very much!
thegreek87 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2019, 08:14
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Greece
Age: 19
Posts: 1
Aegaen

Hey man i have an interview/compass test on the 22nd ill let you know about any formation i get also if there is any advise or tips it would be a great help.
Thanks
pilot swamy1999 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2019, 10:20
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2
@pilot swamy1999 That would be great!! Thank you!
Until then...i wish you good luck and all the best!
thegreek87 is offline  
Old 25th Sep 2019, 11:53
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 8
Does anybody know, if there is any chance of employment after completion of the TR that the Aegean ATO is providing, self funded?

Thanks!
NorthernSeeker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.