Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > South Asia and Far East Wannabes
Reload this Page >

How to obtain verification letter from CBSE

South Asia and Far East Wannabes A forum for those applying to Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or any other Hong Kong-based airline or operator. Use this area for both Direct Entry Pilot and Cadet-scheme queries.

How to obtain verification letter from CBSE


Old 25th Mar 2009, 16:46
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Inside DGCA office
Posts: 190
How to obtain verification letter from CBSE

We need to produce verification letter of Marklist for 10tha nd 12th from CBSE for our licence conversion. Can someone who has already done this shed some light on the procedure involved in getting this letter.

I searched in CBSE website, but there is no mention of any verification letter. Their list of forms section also does not include anything regarding verification letters.

So, is there a form to fill, fee to pay? Who do we send it to and how long is the wait for obtaining this?

Please help!
avicon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2009, 17:00
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: India
Posts: 163
Mate, i think that attested marksheet for the 10th and 12th grade are good enough for the conversion.... Anyway you get the verification letter with the marksheet itself....

Go to the regional CBSE office and there you can get the verification letter from them within few weeks....
Schumi - Red Baron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2009, 13:01
  #3 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: downtown dustbowl
Age: 42
Posts: 274
Negitoro on the attested marksheet.
For Commercial attested 10th and 12th verifications are required.... I believe CBSE records are kept in Jaipur. Might be wrong but check around with your fellow applicants.

The easiest way to do get the info is to contact a flying club and extract it from them. And when I got it done the verification had to be sent to the flying club in a sealed envelope so as to avoid tampering by applicant.

I reckon the next step will be the verification of the verification

Good Luck
av8r76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2009, 13:31
  #4 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: India
Posts: 25
You'll have to write an application to the regional CBSE office. For example - if you gave your class 10 and 12 exams in Delhi - it'll be Delhi, Haryana - Panchkula etc.
Don't expect them to send the application to you. They'll say it goes to DGCA directly.
You can:

1. Be proactive and go to their office every other day and beg them for a copy.
2. Contact a flight school near you and tell them to do this for you. You will have to cough up some cash.

PS: It takes time. Do it as soon as possible.
Arcane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2009, 14:16
  #5 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: India
Posts: 163
Well, the CBSE docs are stored in Ajmer.... And nowdays you get all the docs you want just by applying to the regional office of CBSE with due fees.... It's time consuming though....

And the verification letter is not given to the candiate but sent to the concerned dept. directly....
Schumi - Red Baron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 13:39
  #6 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: INDIA
Age: 28
Posts: 1
To get your cbse verification letter.. just use the following link below..
site:cbse.nic.in verification letter - Google Search
Scobadoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2009, 15:36
  #7 (permalink)  
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: delhi
Posts: 2
cbsc verification

guys iv just been thru this retarded process.and this is my advise

Those people who have given their 10th n 10+2 (northern region) before the year 2004 all their records r kept in AJMER (rajisthan).the only way to get your documents verified is to write to them.No point going to any other regional office including Delhi office. there are 2 ways of getting this done.

1.Write to them .for this you will have to ..a)make a covering letter stating the reson for your verification...b)Copy of the page in the DGCA website which states that a verification is required...c)Color xerox of your 10th n 10+2 mark sheets....d) a draft of 100rs made on the name of "The Regional Director Cbsc ", payable at ajmer.........Do this well in advance before submitting your documents to the dgca..as it will take at least 10 to 20 days for your verification to come.n remember the ajmer office will not set the verification to your address but directly to the DGCA office.

2.For people who don't have time on their side(as was my case)...i suggest u take the above mentioned documents n go to ajmer CBSC office personally...make a duplicate of your covering letter n get it stamped by the official in the office....and while submitting your documents to the DGCA include this stamped copy (this way you have proof that the verification of your docs r under process)...this stamped document is a good enough alternative to the verification itself
massblink is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2010, 05:07
  #8 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore, India
Age: 28
Posts: 77
Thats fine for those whose 10th and 12th was completed before 2004. what about the guys who completed it after that year? Do we go to the regional cbse office?
nikhilheb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2010, 09:32
  #9 (permalink)  
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 260
Yes go to the regional office with a cover letting stating that you want a verification letter for your DGCA license issue.

Also take a copy of your mark sheet along with a printout of the flow chart by DGCA and highlight where it asks you for 10th and 12th verification, just to be on the safer side.
SuperflyTNT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 12:46
  #10 (permalink)  
Join Date: May 2014
Location: indore
Posts: 1
does it is important for the person whose marksheet is going to be verified to go to the cbse headquarters ?
Kshitizjoshi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2016, 07:50
  #11 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4
What's the fee involved?

I need to get my verification certi too, but I do not know what's the fee involved to get the work done.
I know I need to send a cover letter with other documents to CBSE but don't know the AMOUNT for which the Demand Draft needs to be made.
And to add to my woes, no one from the CBSE office is picking up the phone!
Please help! Much thanks!

PS: I gave my 10+2 exams after 2004, I hope there'll be no change, except that my documents will be here in Delhi itself!
Ashi Puri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2016, 18:23
  #12 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4
Been There, Done That!

Guys, I had to go all the way to the Regional Office of CBSE to get this done. I hope to save you some trouble though.
(This is for those who appeared for their 10+2 exams after 2004, your documents are here in Delhi itself, not Ajmer)

Things you need:
1. Cover letter citing the reason why you require the certificates and where do you want to send them.
2. Proof that DGCA asks for the certificate (a printout of the page explicitly citing this will work).
3. Xerox copies of your 10th and 12th mark sheets.

If you're going there personally:
1. There is an adjoining syndicate bank, from where you can get a challan for Rs. 235/- (200 for verification and 35 for postal charges) made.
2. The bank keeps 2 copies and gives you 2.
3. Attach the CBSE copy with your documents and submit them there.
4. Keep the depositor's copy and the stamped receiving safely with you as proof of the fact that the process has started.

If you can't go to the office:
1. Send the documents with a Demand Draft of Rs. 235/- in the name of Secretary CBSE to the CBSE office.
2. Keep a copy of the cover letter and xerox of the DD as proof, that the procedure is underway.

Honestly, the people in the office are very friendly and your work won't take more than half an hour, things are surprisingly very organised there. Yes, it's true they'll never pick up calls, but upfront they are nice.
You can track the status of your documents using the following number: 011-222-39069

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Ashi Puri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2016, 07:10
  #13 (permalink)  
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1
Hi,m an air force pilot applying for ATPL. Could some one guide me about the verification process of 10+2 marksheet from CBSE. I did my 10+2 from Haryana before 2004. I m requesting for info regarding fee to be paid and to which office, n other intricacies of the procedure if someone has RECENTLY done the same. Thx in advance
Yogii Dahiya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2016, 05:42
  #14 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: <.<
Posts: 3
Hello all,

I just got my CBSE Verification as part of my computer number application, thought I'd post it here since it may help someone out. (This process is applicable only for people who've done their Xth and XIIth in/after 2004).
The link is Welcome to Results Archives
Go to the link, choose the appropriate year, enter your roll number (the webpages are easy to navigate), and your results will be displayed on the webpage.
Take a printout of this webpage and have it attested by a gazetted officer.
This will work as your Marksheet verification. You don't need to get a DD etc. made.

I had applied for my marksheet verification to CBSE (because I needed it to apply for a computer number) for both my X (2009) and XII(2011) results. After about a fortnight they returned my letter, DD etc. and stated that I could follow the aforementioned procedure for my verification certificate. I submitted this to DGCA and I just got my computer number a couple of days ago.

I realise now that the last paragraph is unnecessary, but meh. I hope this helps.
Archaic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2016, 17:50
  #15 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1
Hello there

Like you said Archaic, Are you positive that we dont need any kind of verification certificate from the board themselves, and instead we can just use the online published marks for the generation of computer number?

so do i just send my online marks of 2007 , the dgca fee, marksheets zerox and the dgca application form for generating computer number?
leocolvano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2016, 03:25
  #16 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: <.<
Posts: 3
Hi leo,

Yes, I'm positive, if you studied under the *CBSE board* in India after 2004, you dont need to apply to the board for a verification certificate, you can take a printout of the webpage where your results are displayed online, have it attested by a gazetted officer and you can use that document as your marksheet verification certificate.. as I said, I just did this process two weeks ago and I've already received my Computer Number.

Please note this is only for people who did their 10+2 under CBSE board, the people I know who come from the ICSE and State boards have had to apply for their verification certificates to their respective board.
Archaic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2016, 03:47
  #17 (permalink)  
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: <.<
Posts: 3
Sorry leo, didn't see the second part of your post.
The documents required for your computer number are :
1. Your tenth standard marksheet, passing certificate and verification.
2. Your twelfth standard marksheet, passing certificate, and verification.
3. Proof of Date of Birth (Birth certificate works best here).
4. Address proof.

So just send in the attested photocopies of all these documents plus the printout of the form you have to fill on udaan.nic.in (again, the form needs to be attested) within ten days of the date of submission of the online form.

Please take a look at the guidelines for applying for a computer number on the dgca website before you apply, the process is clearly described there and you should not miss anything as any issue with the application will lead to it being rejected. You can PM me for any other questions, and I will answer them to best of my knowledge. I'm new here so I'm not sure about how strict the rules are about going a off topic.
Archaic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 10:42
  #18 (permalink)  
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: pune
Posts: 1
Regarding CBSE verification

Is the online verification process , to get verification from CBSE, for obtaining the computer number still valid..? I mean is it accepted by the DGCA..?
flyingsikh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2016, 03:10
  #19 (permalink)  
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: chennai
Posts: 1
I had got my +2 verification certificate but addressed to a friend's company because I had been told that its one of the easier ways to get the letter in your hand and then forward the same to DGCA. Since the letter is been addressed to the company's name , I'm confused if I can now send it to DGCA. Could someone please help me on this. Thanks!
guillsil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2016, 15:55
  #20 (permalink)  
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1
I have passed my 10th from CBSE and Passed 12th from NIOS. i am unable to find the verification process and form . can anyone pls help me. Call me on 9702000037 . I am in urgent need to know the procedure. Thanks
raj1311 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service