Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Rumours & News
Reload this Page >

Embraer EMB-120RT shoot down in Somalia

Rumours & News Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

Embraer EMB-120RT shoot down in Somalia

Old 12th May 2020, 09:56
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Central UK
Posts: 1,610
Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
Carrying 'medical supplies' was it?
Those bales in the photos look suspiciously unlike it to me.

Last edited by meleagertoo; 12th May 2020 at 10:16.
meleagertoo is offline  
Old 12th May 2020, 12:03
  #22 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 598
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by meleagertoo
Carrying 'medical supplies' was it?
Those bales in the photos look suspiciously unlike it to me.
Bales of grenades ? AK47's ? MANPADS ?

Sorry but your conspiricy theory looks extremely unlikely.
There are far more photos of the crash site, the ripped open packaging shows nothing of the nature you describe or imagine.
Teddy Robinson is offline  
Old 12th May 2020, 12:08
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: 5Y
Posts: 597
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddy Robinson
Bales of grenades ? AK47's ? MANPADS ?

Sorry but your conspiricy theory looks extremely unlikely.
There are far more photos of the crash site, the ripped open packaging shows nothing of the nature you describe or imagine.
I imagine he imagines they were bales of chat (khat, Qat, Kat, Chat, Miraa). It would not surprise me if any spare space was used for this purpose, it is perfectly legal.
double_barrel is offline  
Old 12th May 2020, 13:21
  #24 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 598
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by double_barrel
I imagine he imagines they were bales of chat (khat, Qat, Kat, Chat, Miraa). It would not surprise me if any spare space was used for this purpose, it is perfectly legal.
Oh of course ... I forgot about that !!
Teddy Robinson is offline  
Old 13th May 2020, 00:39
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 4,076
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddy Robinson
The aircraft was shot down by Ethiopian troops.

My comments are aside to the who and the how of the shoot down.
West Coast is offline  
Old 13th May 2020, 19:42
  #26 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 598
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by West Coast
My comments are aside to the who and the how of the shoot down.
That is very obvious.
Teddy Robinson is offline  
Old 14th May 2020, 03:29
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 4,076
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddy Robinson
That is very obvious.

The best I can say is thankfully they were mostly poor shots. Most, not all.

West Coast is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.