Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Bartolini Air Flight School

Old 22nd Jan 2019, 20:34
  #221 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 32
Posts: 415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RomanK
Salsa Student Depot was good for me (with a sport room) but it is in the city center so you will need to take tramway (or Uber, that is cheap there)
​​​​​​
How long is it from there to the airport? Iíve had a look at salsa depot website, but they dont seem to have a lot of availability.
MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 22:09
  #222 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30-40 minutes with tram and bus (you have to take both). Uber or Green Cab Taxi is 15 minutes on average.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 07:45
  #223 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
30-40 minutes with tram and bus (you have to take both). Uber or Green Cab Taxi is 15 minutes on average.
Was it easy to get a room in the Salsa depot? Big waiting time?

Thanks
miguel22 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 08:57
  #224 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 32
Posts: 415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
30-40 minutes with tram and bus (you have to take both). Uber or Green Cab Taxi is 15 minutes on average.
Great thanks

MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 09:41
  #225 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miguel22
Was it easy to get a room in the Salsa depot? Big waiting time?

Thanks
When I first went there I did not have any issues. I think they have slightly changed their policy recently. They are full of Erasmus students and prefer their guests to book a room at least for a semester or something like that. It worked fine for me as I was staying in Poland for a long time.
You should try to give them a call and tell the manager you're going to attend Bartolini Air. She is usually very accommodating and a stay of at least 3 months might work.

There are two other dorms:
-BaseCamp Lodz. It is further away but still in the center and if you like pizza then it's very close to the best and true Italian pizza in town. Personally for me that would have been a bonus!
-The dorm of Politechniki, a local polytechnic, but it seems they like to ask their guests to find another place to sleep for a few days when they host conventions,

And you can probably find some good AirBnB offers.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 09:47
  #226 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London
Age: 24
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miguel22
Are you sure about that? I just got my place confirmed for April 2020. Are you having EU passport? I head that there is different rules applying for non-EU people...
British. So... I guess, not EU by then? What a farce lol. But yes, that was the email I got. I asked for Summer 2020 and I got October as a reply.
jaydotbe is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 14:49
  #227 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
When I first went there I did not have any issues. I think they have slightly changed their policy recently. They are full of Erasmus students and prefer their guests to book a room at least for a semester or something like that. It worked fine for me as I was staying in Poland for a long time.
You should try to give them a call and tell the manager you're going to attend Bartolini Air. She is usually very accommodating and a stay of at least 3 months might work.

There are two other dorms:
-BaseCamp Lodz. It is further away but still in the center and if you like pizza then it's very close to the best and true Italian pizza in town. Personally for me that would have been a bonus!
-The dorm of Politechniki, a local polytechnic, but it seems they like to ask their guests to find another place to sleep for a few days when they host conventions,

And you can probably find some good AirBnB offers.
Thanks for the tips. I will maybe send an email to BaseCamo and Salsa depot to check. I will probably stay in Poland for 4 months so let's see if they are ok.

miguel22 is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2019, 14:07
  #228 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: From UK
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coboltblue
Hey Red Dragon

Did they give you an idea of the length of time to complete the PPL stage. When I contacted them they felt that 2.5 months was not enough time, im not sure if that weather related or more how busy the school is currently.

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay in replying.

They told me that it would be three months as a best case scenario, but I should plan/ expect it to take longer due to weather, availability etc.
RedDragonFlyer is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2019, 15:07
  #229 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bartolini ATPL

Hi,

Can any current / past students let me know if theres any way to do additional ground school if required in addition to the compulsory two weeks ?
ComeFlyWithB is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2019, 06:44
  #230 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 35
Posts: 136
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ComeFlyWithB
Hi,

Can any current / past students let me know if theres any way to do additional ground school if required in addition to the compulsory two weeks ?

Hi comeflywithb
No, everything is kept at minimum in order to keep the costs low (as most of these kind of schools), but with the bristol platform you get most of your job done on there. Still there are some airline pilots working there part-time who will be more than happy to answer your questions and give you suggestions, but no extra ground training provided for the atpl theory.
When I did my class at Bartolini last year, all instructors were pilots/maintenance engineers from majour airlines or anyway with a solid background.
Not like that anymore unfortunately, when I was there for my cpl-ir-mep the classes were kept by cpl instructors, who are really nice guys but with limited experience (basically ex bartolini students who did ther FI rating).

Good luck!
anto125 is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2019, 09:17
  #231 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: czechia
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I have ME+CPL+IR slot in June intake.
I want to postpone my training for one or two months due to ATPL ........
Is there anybody who wants to start earlier and swap the slots?

Last edited by flyhigh881; 18th Feb 2019 at 14:17.
flyhigh881 is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2019, 15:10
  #232 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anto125
Hi comeflywithb
No, everything is kept at minimum in order to keep the costs low (as most of these kind of schools), but with the bristol platform you get most of your job done on there. Still there are some airline pilots working there part-time who will be more than happy to answer your questions and give you suggestions, but no extra ground training provided for the atpl theory.
When I did my class at Bartolini last year, all instructors were pilots/maintenance engineers from majour airlines or anyway with a solid background.
Not like that anymore unfortunately, when I was there for my cpl-ir-mep the classes were kept by cpl instructors, who are really nice guys but with limited experience (basically ex bartolini students who did ther FI rating).

Good luck!

Hi, thanks for that!
Im just hoping they continue with the quality and donít become another sausage factory!
ComeFlyWithB is offline  
Old 18th Feb 2019, 21:34
  #233 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: EGPF
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyhigh881
Hi,

I have ME+CPL+IR slot in June intake.
I want to postpone my training for one or two months due to ATPL ........
Is there anybody who wants to start earlier and swap the slots?
Can you DM me please? For some reason I canít DM you.
vatir is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2019, 17:58
  #234 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Dublin
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, today I booked my place for June 2020 for MEP (L) + ME/IR + CPL course, I would be interested in hearing any feedback from past Bartolini students.
ImFlyingHigh is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2019, 20:55
  #235 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London
Age: 24
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts


Hi.
Just out of interest, when did you enquire about this June 2020 position?? I asked about summer 2020 availability back in January and they said that there was no availability until October 2020. is it worth asking them again?
jaydotbe is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2019, 21:24
  #236 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Dublin
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jay, I only enquired last week, paid today!! I also have a friend who managed to secure a place for June 2020, he booked 3 weeks ago. I'd imagine what's happening is some students don't hit their targets for the ATPL's and have to postpone their arrival. I know the space I took was the last one available, that's not to say another will not become available in the next few weeks or months. If I was you I would try to see if they are prepared to put you on a waiting list for June?
ImFlyingHigh is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 08:52
  #237 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London
Age: 24
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice stuff! I asked them to be put on a waiting list 'if they did have one' back in Jan. To be honest, I am banging my head on the table a bit because i'm practically willing to pay serious money down so surely from their business end, they'd be interested in getting as many people onto waiting lists as possible, but what do I know eh? Same thing with DFA in Sweden. I sent a follow-up email to Piotr last night asking for a June/July 2020 slot, if yes, great, if not, I'll ask again to be put on a waiting list. Summer 2020 is far away, I'm hoping when I asked the first time they didn't accidentally think 2019...
jaydotbe is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 14:20
  #238 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 32
Posts: 415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hid3
Do they refund the deposit back if you find someone into your slot?
Pretty much, provided the person meets the requirements.
MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 14:25
  #239 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: In the skies
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, impressive. +1 to their Karma, that seems fair. Thanks for letting this know (although I really hope I won't need to use this option )
hid3 is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 16:40
  #240 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Dublin
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest I think I was very lucky with getting the date I wanted, I guess the right timing! If I were you, I would keep at them, also keep an eye on this forum as it seems like there are a good few people who have booked looking to change dates.
ImFlyingHigh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.