Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Bartolini Air Flight School

Old 30th Dec 2018, 16:02
  #201 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: From UK
Posts: 113
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact them and they will send estimated timelines for how long each part of the training will take. If they don't answer emails, try Facebook messaging them or phoning them. All training is done in Lodz, apart from the ATPL distance course which can be studied at home.

You can see where their pilots get hired on their Facebook page. I count fifty pilots hired this year, which isn't bad for a small school.
RedDragonFlyer is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2019, 11:00
  #202 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to complete the PPL

Hey Red Dragon

Did they give you an idea of the length of time to complete the PPL stage. When I contacted them they felt that 2.5 months was not enough time, im not sure if that weather related or more how busy the school is currently.

Thanks

[QUOTE=RedDragonFlyer;10347415]Contact them and they will send estimated timelines for how long each part of the training will take. If they don't answer emails, try Facebook messaging them or phoning them. All training is done in Lodz, apart from the ATPL distance course which can be studied at home.
coboltblue is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2019, 11:32
  #203 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@coboltblue, two years ago I did my PPL in two months. Weather was good and I had two instructors that were pushing me to fly as progress was good and steady. So yes, it can be done. It really depends on the student's commitment and dedication, as well as weather of course.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2019, 12:29
  #204 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply

They did mention starting the course and just seeing how far I get before my time runs out. Would breaking the training be really detrimental if the worst came to the worst. I'd likely have another 11 days the next month that I could use as well.




Originally Posted by Banana Joe
@coboltblue, two years ago I did my PPL in two months. Weather was good and I had two instructors that were pushing me to fly as progress was good and steady. So yes, it can be done. It really depends on the student's commitment and dedication, as well as weather of course.
coboltblue is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2019, 12:40
  #205 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Anyone enrolling on early 2020 CPL+MEP course?

Thanks.
miguel22 is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2019, 14:22
  #206 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coboltblue
They did mention starting the course and just seeing how far I get before my time runs out. Would breaking the training be really detrimental if the worst came to the worst. I'd likely have another 11 days the next month that I could use as well.
Several unpredictable variables such as weather, maintenance and instructors availability come also into play. The school has always been rather busy but it seems they have recently started giving more conservative time frames. However, for me everything went fine and finished all of the steps in the time frames indicated by them.
I don't think breaking your PPL in more than one stint would be detrimental, but you have to account for extra training.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2019, 15:27
  #207 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Variable time frames

I contacted one school in Portugal thinking they would surely complete PPL's in a couple of months given the weather. Their estimate was 6 months?!?

I guess America could be an option, get an FAA licence, do the EASA ATPL exams, hour build in America then CPL ME/IR in Europe.


QUOTE=Banana Joe;10362233]Several unpredictable variables such as weather, maintenance and instructors availability come also into play. The school has always been rather busy but it seems they have recently started giving more conservative time frames. However, for me everything went fine and finished all of the steps in the time frames indicated by them.
I don't think breaking your PPL in more than one stint would be detrimental, but you have to account for extra training.[/QUOTE]
coboltblue is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2019, 15:46
  #208 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would not be the first one to obtain a double FAA and EASA PPL license then do the rest of the training in Europe. One of my course mates did exactly this and worked out very well for him, he obtained his PPL in Florida. However, be aware that you need to reserve your spot for the CPL-ME-IR, the waiting list for it is quite long and you have to give a realistic date to allow yourself time to pass ATPL exams. Postponing and finding a more suitable date at a second moment is not a given. The school is very busy and they try to keep the intake to a maximum of 9 persons per class per month with the aim to assure a steady pace of training with no interruptions. If you finish with ATPL exams earlier there might always be the odd cancellation and you can get in a course earlier, but that does not always happen.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2019, 19:04
  #209 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
You would not be the first one to obtain a double FAA and EASA PPL license then do the rest of the training in Europe. One of my course mates did exactly this and worked out very well for him, he obtained his PPL in Florida. However, be aware that you need to reserve your spot for the CPL-ME-IR, the waiting list for it is quite long and you have to give a realistic date to allow yourself time to pass ATPL exams. Postponing and finding a more suitable date at a second moment is not a given. The school is very busy and they try to keep the intake to a maximum of 9 persons per class per month with the aim to assure a steady pace of training with no interruptions. If you finish with ATPL exams earlier there might always be the odd cancellation and you can get in a course earlier, but that does not always happen.
Currently waiting period is almost 1year and 4 months!!

You also did your training with them?
miguel22 is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2019, 19:43
  #210 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miguel22
Currently waiting period is almost 1year and 4 months!!

You also did your training with them?
Yes. Waiting time for CPL at the time was 8 months.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2019, 04:27
  #211 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow

I take it if you do the 0 - ATPL with them you don't have the same waiting period.
coboltblue is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2019, 09:12
  #212 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coboltblue
I take it if you do the 0 - ATPL with them you don't have the same waiting period.
Negative, same waiting period. Simply the school was not as busy as it is now.

EDIT
The school has actually always been busy, they have become increasingly popular and this led to their waiting period to increase.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2019, 09:26
  #213 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: world
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least they don't run after money like BAA does...
Dukaster is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2019, 10:23
  #214 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 866
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of honesty and transparency, Bartolini Air are in a different league of their own. About 2 weeks after I was done doing training with them I received an email where they asked me to get back to them with my IBAN as my account, unbeknownst to me, had a surplus of around 600 euro and they would return me the said amount.
I was not aware of that and I think most outfits would have kept it for themselves.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2019, 13:01
  #215 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 33
Posts: 416
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can any recent graduates share their experiences of the school, particularly the CPL MEP IR course?

Also, were do people recommend staying whilst training there?
MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2019, 17:04
  #216 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Cannes
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickPrime
Also, were do people recommend staying whilst training there?
Salsa Student Depot was good for me (with a sport room) but it is in the city center so you will need to take tramway (or Uber, that is cheap there)
​​​​​​
RomanK is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2019, 20:45
  #217 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: -
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coboltblue
Hey Red Dragon

Did they give you an idea of the length of time to complete the PPL stage. When I contacted them they felt that 2.5 months was not enough time, im not sure if that weather related or more how busy the school is currently.
They are pretty busy like most other (popular) schools. 2.5 months would most probably not be enough. Personally I haven't seen anyone get their PPL in this timeframe, 3-6 months or even more being more common. And this pretty much regardless of how available and committed you are. If for whatever reason your time for completing the PPL is limited or sitting around in Lodz for 6 months is not an option for you, you may want to consider another place imho (of course always being careful with promises).
blueladybird is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2019, 09:44
  #218 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London
Age: 25
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI. Just emailed asking CPLMEIR availability. Earliest st\art date Oct 2020.Sheesh.
jaydotbe is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2019, 11:00
  #219 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaydotbe
FYI. Just emailed asking CPLMEIR availability. Earliest st\art date Oct 2020.Sheesh.
Are you sure about that? I just got my place confirmed for April 2020. Are you having EU passport? I head that there is different rules applying for non-EU people...
miguel22 is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2019, 13:02
  #220 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: 2500ft
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miguel22
Are you sure about that? I just got my place confirmed for April 2020. Are you having EU passport? I head that there is different rules applying for non-EU people...
Yeah.You have to apply for a training permission and they do have a different waiting list for NON-EU applicants.And there are only a limited space for NON-EU applicants.Even for ATPLs you have to wait in a waiting list.That was how I was told by them.
flapsupboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.