The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

Private Flight To Be Banned.

Old 2nd Dec 2019, 09:23
  #81 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 515
Interesting little video, thanks for posting. Can't see these very limiting Elect machines advancing much for a long time but hey few of us will be here that far away to say otherwise -)
machtuk is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 09:25
  #82 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 150
What I do for a living is exactly the same as you. Not a climate scientist. Difference being I don't think I know more than them on the topic of climate science.
Once again you can't answer the question. I didn't ask what you are not I asked what you do. If you are an airline pilot then just state it or are you afraid of the climate hysterics who will disown you from the cause?
Lookleft is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 12:03
  #83 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aus
Age: 27
Posts: 347
Just going to drop this here..

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
junior.VH-LFA is online now  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 12:20
  #84 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mascot
Posts: 22
Christmas will be here soon.

Here's a gift idea for Sunfish:

LKinnon is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 12:50
  #85 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 36
Moderator, he posted the S word. It offended me. Ban him please.
spektrum is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 13:00
  #86 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by spektrum View Post
Moderator, he posted the S word. It offended me. Ban him please.
"Scientific" as in "Scientific consensus"?
dr dre is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 19:43
  #87 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not Aviation House
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by Flaming galah View Post
The end of private flight was inevitable the moment the transgender lobby and feminists stopped schoolboys taking rifles on trams.
Do you realise that reading your post backwards, at half speed, it says "Prince Andrew is innocent"?

Just saying .......................
Fire and brimstone is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 21:36
  #88 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,528
All the electric transport industry needs is a quantum leap in battery storage technology and for aircraft, one that is not too heavy for aircraft. The rest is then just about infrastructure I think. There are technologies now that claim anything from 2 to 8 times the capacity of existing lithium cells now in use.

As for young folk, we had a friends grand daughter around yesterday, ski instructor, dive master and finance professional - she made a beeline to see “the project” and wants to claim first passenger flight.

Also, Sqwawk is right about young people and the STOL lightweight scene. Seems to be going well, unless it gets killed off by regulation.
Sunfish is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 22:00
  #89 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great Southern Land
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by LKinnon View Post
Christmas will be here soon.

Here's a gift idea for Sunfish:

LKinnon, mate, you're holding on too tight.
Malakor1 is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 19:57
  #90 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 341
Originally Posted by atakacs View Post
Not so fictional I'm afraid.

In Switzerland parliament is currently debating a bill imposing a 500 CHF (au$ 10K or so) on any aircraft take-off (basically the end of GA).
Are you certain? The news I keep up with is mentioning figures from CHF 30 to 120, or roughly A$45 to A$180, and that's on passenger tickets for RPT, not GA.
Okihara is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 20:03
  #91 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 341
Originally Posted by PaulH1 View Post
It is about time people realised that Greta Thunberg is just a naÔve 16 yr old schoolgirl who is being manipulated by her ambitious parents and energy giants (e.g. wind farm manufacturers). *She probably has no knowledge of the factors affecting Climate Change.
I reckon she hasn't done her TIF yet.
Okihara is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 06:26
  #92 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cantberra
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by PaulH1 View Post
It is about time people realised that Greta Thunberg is just a naÔve 16 yr old schoolgirl who is being manipulated by her ambitious parents and energy giants (e.g. wind farm manufacturers). *She probably has no knowledge of the factors affecting Climate Change.
Greta has Aspergers. If you have ever known someone with this condition, you'd understand she probably has an intimate knowledge of the factors affecting climate change because she has an intense and highly focussed fixation on it. What she lacks (which can also be attributed to Aspergers) are higher social skills like tact and diplomacy. Give the kid a break!

Sunfish you made me laugh! I disagree with your alarmist sentiments and right wing conspiracy theories, but I'll give credit where it is due. You're a loony for sure, but at least you're articulate and entertaining.
Cleared Visual is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 07:42
  #93 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Straya
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Cleared Visual View Post
Greta has Aspergers. If you have ever known someone with this condition, you'd understand she probably has an intimate knowledge of the factors affecting climate change because she has an intense and highly focussed fixation on it. What she lacks (which can also be attributed to Aspergers) are higher social skills like tact and diplomacy. Give the kid a break!

Sunfish you made me laugh! I disagree with your alarmist sentiments and right wing conspiracy theories, but I'll give credit where it is due. You're a loony for sure, but at least you're articulate and entertaining.
Agreed! Though Aspergers is no longer a seperate DSM diagnosis, itís all just autism spectrum now. But hear hear, give her a break!
Flaming galah is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 10:38
  #94 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 401
Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
The trouble is Kinnon, folk like you know so much that you won't debate. When someone has a differing opinion you simply resort to name calling. Must be good being correct on everything and all knowing.

Here in the Bob's world, I read stuff like this "The Elite Machine Behind Greta Thunberg" and I ponder and wonder, but I don't know!
Greta has documented proof of her position/concern way before this was written and way before she was famous.

While aviation travel is a thing her and her family have decided not to do (and affected employment - before famous), aviation does not seem a specific target of Greta.

Leave the kid alone.
Bend alot is online now  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 11:00
  #95 (permalink)  
Man Bilong Balus long PNG
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: And once again, the fun and good times having come to an end for yet another year, back in the cold, cruel real world and continuing the seemingly never ending search for that bad bottle of Red
Age: 65
Posts: 2,563
Devil

she probably has an intimate knowledge of the factors affecting climate change because she has an intense and highly focussed fixation on it
Yes, and IMHO a highly biased fixation!

Her whole diatribe that was shown here on South Australian TV News services just showed as far as I could see, a highly emotional figure who was totally convinced of her position/opinion (ie I am right and you are wrong!)

give her a break!
Leave the kid alone.
Start arguing facts and not emotion. Otherwise, not a (expletive deleted) chance!!

Flak jacket, Stahlhelm and Slit Trench. Not that I give a .....




Pinky the pilot is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 12:00
  #96 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: aus gold
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by Lookleft View Post
Have you watched it all the way to the end? Their 70km cross country flight with 1 person on board in a $180,000 aeroplane required two hours of charging with a gennie loaded on the back of a diesel spewing ute! How is a plane load of millennials going to get to the coast now? One millenial in the aeroplane and 3 in the ute. What would Greta think? You are that blinded by by your climate change hysteria you can't even recognise when what you are promoting is garbage. I will ask the question again that you like to avoid, what is it you do for a living?
The normal argument of EV sceptics who only can see in the rear vison mirror. iPhone is just 10 years old and look at the massive change in that time. The rate of change in technology is escalating and will make EV the only option and probably a lot quicker than even those of us who accept change can imagine.
maxter is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 13:03
  #97 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aus
Age: 27
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by Pinky the pilot View Post
Yes, and IMHO a highly biased fixation!

Start arguing facts and not emotion. Otherwise, not a (expletive deleted) chance!!
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Like this peer reviewed science? Or what was on the Bolt Report?
junior.VH-LFA is online now  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 13:21
  #98 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Prague
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by Cleared Visual View Post
Greta has Aspergers. If you have ever known someone with this condition, you'd understand she probably has an intimate knowledge of the factors affecting climate change because she has an intense and highly focussed fixation on it. What she lacks (which can also be attributed to Aspergers) are higher social skills like tact and diplomacy. Give the kid a break!

Sunfish you made me laugh! I disagree with your alarmist sentiments and right wing conspiracy theories, but I'll give credit where it is due. You're a loony for sure, but at least you're articulate and entertaining.
You can not be serious. She has no knowledge at all? Have you seen any scientific paper published by her? She just repeats empty phrases and fakes emotions and you can not say anything "because she is just a kid". Man, she is reincarnation of Hitler himself (change Hitler for your favourite dictator). There are no real solutions, no real help. Just spreading panic, playing it emotions and scarying people. That is first step of manipulation to start totality because that is exactly how it was before 1989 in the East. We live on a piece of rock which is 4,5 billions years of old and its mass is almost 6x10^24 kg. Yet, according to this kid we can not waste a single day because disaster will be inevitable? Like really? I do not have problem with climate change. I fully agree we should care about our enviroment. But they do nothing like that. They just desire power. Power gained by fear and poverty.
Rarife is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 14:49
  #99 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Farum
Posts: 14
What we are experiencing from people like Greta and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is an ideological propaganda campaign that considers western lifestyle, capitalism and free enterprise as the evils of the world.
No it is not a conspiracy theory. It is ideology and there is plentry of documentation.

Look at this excerpt:
"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill....All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself"
Sound like a script for Greta or Extinction Rebellion? Well it could be but is is actually from a 1991 publication "The first global revolution" by a think tank called "The club of rome". A scanned copy of the document can be found on the internet. The year after this publication, 1992, the UN held the Rio conference on "Sustainable Development" which later turned into the 2030 World goals on "sustainable development".

In an interview a few years ago the head of the UNFCCC said:
""This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution"
https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/n...end-capitalism (The page with the original interview seems to have been removed from the official UN site. I wonder why....)

Well I can tell you that the economy is being transformed here in the EU and people are starting to wake up and protest such as the Yellow Vests in France, the Dutch farmers and Berlin farmers. In Denmark the last election was declared "The first climate election" and the socialists and communists (yes we still have a communist party in Denmark) won the majority of the vote. Now they are rolling out even more taxes to pay for their "green" adventures.

Fortunately there are still a few investigative reporters digging into who is actually behind people like Greta and AOC. Who is paying for Gretas hotel room etc. and her parents who seem to follow her around?
mjohansen is online now  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 20:35
  #100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cantberra
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by Rarife View Post
You can not be serious. She has no knowledge at all? Have you seen any scientific paper published by her? She just repeats empty phrases and fakes emotions and you can not say anything "because she is just a kid". Man, she is reincarnation of Hitler himself (change Hitler for your favourite dictator). There are no real solutions, no real help. Just spreading panic, playing it emotions and scarying people. That is first step of manipulation to start totality because that is exactly how it was before 1989 in the East. We live on a piece of rock which is 4,5 billions years of old and its mass is almost 6x10^24 kg. Yet, according to this kid we can not waste a single day because disaster will be inevitable? Like really? I do not have problem with climate change. I fully agree we should care about our enviroment. But they do nothing like that. They just desire power. Power gained by fear and poverty.
Ah Godwin's law holds true once again!

To be honest I am less concerned about how action (or inaction) on climate change will alter society than I am about grown ass adults who think a 16 year old disabled kid is the reincarnation of Hitler and accuse THEM of spreading moral panic.

Last edited by Cleared Visual; 4th Dec 2019 at 20:54.
Cleared Visual is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.