The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

Private Flight To Be Banned.

Old 29th Nov 2019, 12:02
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,528
Private Flight To Be Banned.


Federal Government sources have indicated that the use of privately owned aircraft will be drastically restricted under foreshadowed amendments to the civil aviation act. “The restrictions are the first step in the Governments response to climate change as well as an admission of the enormous cost burdens private aircraft inflict on the community” an anonymous treasury source said.

Speaking at a private dinner, the Minister For Transport catalogued the deeply harmful effects of private aircraft use. “First, there are the totally avoidable greenhouse gas emissions from these toys of the rich”, “then there is their use by criminals transporting illegal drugs and child pornography”, “furthermore, there is the ever present risk to regular public transport aircraft, air ambulance and similar public services, not to mention the RAAF defenders of our democratic heritage from the ever present threat of collision with rich silvertails and criminals gadding about for no good reason in Australian airspace.” She said. “the costs to Airlines and the RAAF of avoiding crashing into these private flying hoons are considerable and add to the cost of airline tickets and the defence budget” She said.

In addition the Minister reminded guests of the billions of dollars locked up in regional airports, as she called them “playgrounds of the rich” and foreshadowed further relaxation of rules governing commercial developments of airport land. It is understood that agricultural, medical, remote area and community service flights will be exempted from the ban under a tightly regulated individual permit system.

“As a Government, we are serious about climate change, crime and community values, “ she said. “That is why we are being proactive in consigning private flight to the dustbin of history”.

......That is what you face. You have no answer because you refuse to believe your problems aren’t with CASA, they are with the politicians. ...And you need a political response otherwise my fictional press release will one day be reality.

Sunfish is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 13:00
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Age: 50
Posts: 1,432
Not so fictional I'm afraid.

In Switzerland parliament is currently debating a bill imposing a 500 CHF (au$ 10K or so) on any aircraft take-off (basically the end of GA).
atakacs is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 13:06
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Surrey, UK ;
Age: 66
Posts: 906
Should probably ban all private cars too because of the risk they pose to petrol tankers and school busses.
Dave Gittins is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 13:55
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Africa
Posts: 327
Originally Posted by atakacs View Post
Not so fictional I'm afraid.

In Switzerland parliament is currently debating a bill imposing a 500 CHF (au$ 10K or so) on any aircraft take-off (basically the end of GA).
Without prejudice to your argument: Kindly check your exchange rate.
Hot and Hi is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 13:58
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mascot
Posts: 22
I call bullshit on this thread.

Another deluded climate-change skeptic nutty conspiracy theory,

Speak with your doctor about the level of your medication Sunfish.
LKinnon is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 14:07
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Australia/India
Posts: 2,838
Sunfish might be trying to use rhetorical techniques like hyperbole and fiction to make a point about the regulation of general aviation in Australia.
Lead Balloon is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 15:22
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ferrara
Posts: 351
Link to speech or report please?
Asturias56 is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 15:32
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mascot
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon View Post
Sunfish might be trying to use rhetorical techniques like hyperbole and fiction to make a point about the regulation of general aviation in Australia.
Some people are likely to read the post and take it literally. It's a deluded post that cites direct quotes that appear to be fabricated..
LKinnon is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 17:06
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,503
Some of you don’t get it. It’s not real, it’s meant to start a conversation about the potential for the situation to arise in the not too distant future.

Took about 5 lines to figure it out. Don’t seek to be offended, read and comprehend instead.
West Coast is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 18:00
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Age: 62
Posts: 3
He even states his report is fictional!
golfbananajam is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 18:36
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 235
The ONLY way to preserve a liveable habitat and the wafer thin 15000ft layer of breathable air around the planet is to somehow check the exploding human population. We are a plague. The continual drive for “Growth and Development” is INSANE and driven by short term greed.
ramble on is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 20:03
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YMML
Posts: 2,477
Shouldn't this thread be on Jetblast? Sunnie, you've gone too far this time. You are a nutter!
OZBUSDRIVER is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 20:54
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,320
Originally Posted by West Coast View Post
Took about 5 lines to figure it out. Don’t seek to be offended, read and comprehend instead.
Took you a while. The mere fact that he started a thread made me realise it would be BS.
Squawk7700 is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 21:02
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Darwin and PNG
Posts: 911
Pretty serious comments made in the minister’s statement, to the extent that I am of the opinion that it’s fake.

Highly doubt that the minister’s advisor would even remotely suggest that she even made statements like what has been mentioned. Some of the remarks are actually insulting with regards to the assumptions about the rich and the use of aircraft to support crime.

Please provide a link to validate, otherwise remove the thread as it’s fake news.
Duck Pilot is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 21:57
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 36
Pretty serious comments made in the minister’s statement, to the extent that I am of the opinion that it’s fake.
Duckpilot, congratulations you sharp specimen you. He admits it is fake. Did you even read the the post before replying?
spektrum is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 22:17
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 400
Think Sunny you have your bag limit for the day, fishing without bait - Legend!
Bend alot is online now  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 22:21
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: FNQ ... Still!
Posts: 3,386
Obviously not much on TV last night !
Capt Fathom is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 22:33
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 19
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ramble on View Post
The ONLY way to preserve a liveable habitat and the wafer thin 15000ft layer of breathable air around the planet is to somehow check the exploding human population. We are a plague. The continual drive for “Growth and Development” is INSANE and driven by short term greed.
Spot on Ramble. Well said.
Head..er..wind is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 23:14
  #19 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,528
Some of you can't tell fact from fiction, which is sad. However I'm pleased that I can still write a reasonable imitation of a press release.

But seriously folks, get your head around the current directions climate change debate is going under the "leadership" of Greta Thunberg and "extinction rebellion" (heard of them?). Airline travel is already in their sights.

Given that Australian pilots and their organisations, are not noted for their political skills (with some exceptions) and that Government at all levels is about to start looking for low hanging fruit to satisfy the climate change alarmists, don't you think you are easy targets? I do, especially when I consider that some of you sit on luverly flat property development land worth billions? Then there are the politics of envy or the tall poppy syndrome - Australians as a rule don't like rich aircraft owners. You are an easy mark, the public couldn't give a damn about you..

In my opinion, the ONLY way you are going to save your industry or hobby is to drive your organisations into being politically savvy and active right now. Forget about negotiating with CASA, forget about all this professionalism - Marquis of Queensberry honorable behaviour BS, you need to build a political reputation as bad as the CFMEU, or the African honey badger, an animal so fierce its been known to tear the testicles off lions. At the same time you need community outreach to build a positive image of GA in the minds of the general public - Peninsula Aero Club and Angel flight are pretty good at that. To put that another way, we need to join something like AOPA and turn it into the pit bull terrier that guards aviation from Government encroachment, we also need to generate a warm fuzzy image of Australian GA with the public.

And its doable. Do you know what Senator Pauline Hanson did to the Government the other day? Do you know what Senator Jacqui Lambie may do to the Government this coming week? Do you know that there may be a bye election in the seat of Chisholm? All it takes is one or two politicians holding the balance of power and warmly disposed to GA and we start getting what we want. You need to get a reputation with politicians - like AOPA USA has, that you are one big headache when annoyed and that it is wiser for politicians to give you what you want. Political clout - that is what you need to develop, I've talked ad nauseam how to build it. Without it my press release, or something close to it, may one day be fact, not fiction and sooner than you think.

Last edited by Sunfish; 29th Nov 2019 at 23:27.
Sunfish is offline  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 00:33
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mascot
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Some of you can't tell fact from fiction, which is sad. However I'm pleased that I can still write a reasonable imitation of a press release.

But seriously folks, get your head around the current directions climate change debate is going under the "leadership" of Greta Thunberg and "extinction rebellion" (heard of them?). Airline travel is already in their sights.

And its doable. Do you know what Senator Pauline Hanson did to the Government the other day? Do you know what Senator Jacqui Lambie may do to the Government this coming week? Do you know that there may be a bye election in the seat of Chisholm? All it takes is one or two politicians holding the balance of power and warmly disposed to GA and we start getting what we want. You need to get a reputation with politicians - like AOPA USA has, that you are one big headache when annoyed and that it is wiser for politicians to give you what you want. Political clout - that is what you need to develop, I've talked ad nauseam how to build it. Without it my press release, or something close to it, may one day be fact, not fiction and sooner than you think.
There are plenty of whacko conspiracy-theory forums on the internet. Post your crap there and focus on aviation here. You are a certified nutter.
LKinnon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.