The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

Frontier Air

Old 29th Jun 2018, 23:13
  #81 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: S16 47.2'
Posts: 177
Certainly not the only operator to have these sort of claims made against them, I know of a more ‘reputable’ operator not paying properly/at all.. Very frustrating for all the guys trying to put food on the table, not only the employees but the companies out there doing the right thing having to compete with those that aren’t.
Left 270 is online now  
Old 7th Jul 2018, 14:33
  #82 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 208
Shovel,

I knew about a dozen AF pilots and we all got paid properly. Funny thing about bush operations is that if the pay is wrong then the revenue rate per MR hour take a bit of a hit - something called backcharter, and the owners know it.

"do we include fuel in trivial crap??" Yes we do, either out of a pump with a card, or a drum / isotank. Are you saying pilots have to buy their own fuel ?

"A companies workforce retention, (not detention), is a direct reflection of the company and how it is run." Yes, that and trivial stuff like your accumulation rate for single and twin time (tick as applicable). If they don't pay up you've got 7? years to use your log book, MR photocopies/pics, F+D records, trip sheets and dated contemporaneous records of conversation and emails as prima facie evidence for the FWO. Read the FW Act and the Award.
Geoffrey was actually one of the most normal owners I met in GA. The rest were a bunch of various fruitloops, airheads, thieves, pedophiles, and included one actual genuine siliconed up Penthouse Pet.

You even contradict your argument by stating, "gets revenue from single engine remote bases that don't cost anything.". Overhead fixed costs are SFA. Wages, MR time and fuel are direct variable costs and not base expenses.

Geoffrey still thought I was a traitor because I left to do other stuff but hey that's Geoffrey.
The Wawa Zone is offline  
Old 7th Jul 2018, 14:50
  #83 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 208
Shovel 02,

>The Lake Evil accident was a cultural problem that developed over 400km's away from the Bosses sphere of influence. The fact he had no idea of the culture is a reflection of his engagement with his employees.<
That was a supervision problem within the chain of command, and the hard lesson would have been learned.

>He survives because of the work his employees do for him. They Work outside the scope of their employment duties.<
Correct to a certain extent - pilots know what needs doing and do it and thats GA, unless you find a company with it's own loaders, ops staff and aircraft cleaners.
He needs to keep doing this and keep his 15 (by now) children out of the way when they start becoming old enough. Its always worked well like this but if it becomes a 'family' business then things will go wrong.

>And I write this on behalf of the countless pilots Jeff has rubbished behind their back's after they left the company. I listened to him verbally bash expilots. I have heard others tell me about listening to him verbally bash other expilots with false claims. I know first hand of his attempts to sabotage my new job after I left, because my new boss recalled the conversation he had had with Jeff to me.<
Operators in the next level up, from Margaret River to Cape York, have heard about this habit. Get a written ref off the AF CP.

You complain too much (and on other's behalf).

Last edited by The Wawa Zone; 18th Apr 2019 at 16:56. Reason: To make it legible to people who speak English.
The Wawa Zone is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2019, 23:58
  #84 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North South
Posts: 57
Contract suspended

There is a rumour going around that their contract with NT govt is suspended.
Corvallis is online now  
Old 12th Feb 2019, 06:27
  #85 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Corvallis View Post
There is a rumour going around that their contract with NT govt is suspended.
Could be because NT Govt is broke?
Alice Kiwican is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 01:26
  #86 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Around
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by Alice Kiwican View Post
Could be because NT Govt is broke?
Something else that was broke
Hamley is offline  
Old 16th Feb 2019, 03:28
  #87 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by Corvallis View Post
There is a rumour going around that their contract with NT govt is suspended.
What contract is that ?
The Wawa Zone is offline  
Old 16th Feb 2019, 12:07
  #88 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North South
Posts: 57
The fuel gauges on their chieftain was not working and the pilots were told to fly without them. A pax noticed it and complained. Apparently the customer was top end health services.
Corvallis is online now  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 03:00
  #89 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 208
Yes, that would do it, however it's a rumour like everything else.
The Wawa Zone is offline  
Old 16th Apr 2019, 01:46
  #90 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: EARTH
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by Enroute77 View Post
As recently as last month, AF was interviewing pilots then telling them to go Redcliffe and get 5hrs C210 then come back to then spend $550 on a check flight.

Then you spend another $440 to read the Ops manual and start the ‘PPDC’ ICUS Course. In other words, a 4 week induction without pay, before 2 more check flights before they offer you a job. They just don’t tell you this during the initial interview/s.

Does anyone know if this is still happening? Was going to apply but will steer clear if this is the case
jjhews is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2019, 17:02
  #91 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by jjhews View Post
Does anyone know if this is still happening? Was going to apply but will steer clear if this is the case
Yes, if that is the case then AF will have invented a selection process that will weed out the smart people and leave it with the rest. Paying for an endorsement or approval with your name on it is acceptable, paying for company induction is a rip off.

The Wawa Zone is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.