Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates rumour mill

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Emirates rumour mill

Old 18th Feb 2024, 04:42
  #181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: British
Posts: 315
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HugeJarse
Heard of a possible 30% pulse salary increase from a relatively reliable source
I havenít laughed so much in ages.

Tight Seat is offline  
Old 18th Feb 2024, 12:37
  #182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 257
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What on earth is a '30% PULSE salary increase' HugeJarse?
gehenna is offline  
Old 18th Feb 2024, 14:12
  #183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 733
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gehenna
What on earth is a '30% PULSE salary increase' HugeJarse?
The cost on your heart increases 30%. Blood pressure to increase by similar amounts in next year's review.
Mr Good Cat is offline  
Old 21st Feb 2024, 06:21
  #184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gehenna
What on earth is a '30% PULSE salary increase' HugeJarse?
Sorry mate, typo, didnít mean to upset you.
Just posting what I heard.
This is a rumour site isnít it, clue is in the name.
HugeJarse is offline  
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 04:14
  #185 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: italy
Posts: 96
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HugeJarse
I think itís best left to the Australians. Flying to Africa and Indian wonít be much fun. Unless you are South African and want to tell everyone how you used to fly a piston engine into all the dark holes of Africa. Pun intended.
Canít imagine being served by GR1s is any better than GR2s.
At least the GR2 are pretty and donít have that sour face that so many of our wonderful crew have.
Not everyone had their parents behind paying for everything and some had to go to the darkest sh*holes. I mean, I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't get into Qantas when I had the opportunity... If I ever had it before, am i wrong? White flesh here and never been into sh*tholes, but unlike you, I appreciate my peers.
WhatShortage is offline  
Old 22nd Feb 2024, 05:31
  #186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But on a more serious note, do we really think we are getting a bonus?
Will it be bigger than the previous one or will they say we have no money?
HugeJarse is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2024, 07:05
  #187 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HugeJarse
But on a more serious note, do we really think we are getting a bonus?
Will it be bigger than the previous one or will they say we have no money?
FZ got a bonus today? Are we hearing anything? Other thread is saying 29 weeks?
HugeJarse is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2024, 04:10
  #188 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Internet
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obviously rumors off problems with airbus recruitment, experience and training are totally untrue, that’s why SVP had to specifically defend their strategy it in the fleet update!
Brians becoming a bit like Baghdad bob / comical Ali!
Pif Paf is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2024, 07:55
  #189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: UAE
Posts: 1,026
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I imagine a lot of Airbus pilots are attracted to the opportunity to fly the 380 (until they discover it is basically just another Airbus!). Maybe the prospect of flying the 350 doesn't get their juices flowing in quite the same way, even if it is a more useful type rating?
BigGeordie is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2024, 09:29
  #190 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGeordie
I imagine a lot of Airbus pilots are attracted to the opportunity to fly the 380 (until they discover it is basically just another Airbus!). Maybe the prospect of flying the 350 doesn't get their juices flowing in quite the same way, even if it is a more useful type rating?
well they could have asked all the Ąredundant onesď to come and give āem at least a bit of the old life back - but British/Arabian arrogance stopped them to do so.
flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2024, 06:36
  #191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyTheBigFatLady
well they could have asked all the Ąredundant onesď to come and give āem at least a bit of the old life back - but British/Arabian arrogance stopped them to do so.
Itís a shame really, they wouldnít ask back the pilots made redundant. Now we have to fly with FOs who are afraid to taxi the 380 in AKL or fail their base training because they canít land.
On that point, itís the easiest Airbus to land.
Seems the whole place has started down the slippery slope again.
Is it GulfAir 2.0 again?
Maybe the 56 weeks bonus will help.
HugeJarse is offline  
Old 29th Feb 2024, 04:24
  #192 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: stuttgart
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HugeJarse
Maybe the 56 weeks bonus will help.
sounds a bit low to get over the pain!
flyTheBigFatLady is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2024, 01:13
  #193 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any rumours about non-typed pilots being considered? Currently flying the Embraer 175 and trying to decide between upgrading or taking a right seat on a 37.
Porterboy is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2024, 12:39
  #194 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Porterboy
Any rumours about non-typed pilots being considered? Currently flying the Embraer 175 and trying to decide between upgrading or taking a right seat on a 37.
Same here pal. 10,000 + Boeing hrs. Lots of Boeing PIC time. TRI, LCP, LTC on several Boeings. Been flying corporate the last year. I applied however, I technically don't qualify.
UB6IB9 is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2024, 17:02
  #195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Toilet
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A habubi told a friend today during a flight 30 weeks. Serious rumor
StinkyIndian is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2024, 04:07
  #196 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Internet
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heard from reliable source after recent email sent out asking A380 pilots for volunteers to go on A350, hardly any applied. Interestingly that email was sent out at same time as email sent to B777 captains asking for volunteers to go on A380! Minimal response from B777 Captains!

As for bonus not heard 30 weeks, more likely 24-26 but heard they were discussing pay rise to counter potential RIA exodus.

EK short of real experience on type (A380 DECs not working so well, having being on an A330 etc doesnít help flying A380 as training is exposing!) Already trouble spreading experience across expanding aircraft types (A380 - A350 and B777ER / LR / F plus combo freighter and 777X arriving soon), so potentially losing pilots to RIA is major headache!


Pif Paf is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2024, 12:00
  #197 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,877
Received 153 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Pif Paf
Heard from reliable source after recent email sent out asking A380 pilots for volunteers to go on A350, hardly any applied. Interestingly that email was sent out at same time as email sent to B777 captains asking for volunteers to go on A380! Minimal response from B777 Captains!

As for bonus not heard 30 weeks, more likely 24-26 but heard they were discussing pay rise to counter potential RIA exodus.

EK short of real experience on type (A380 DECs not working so well, having being on an A330 etc doesnít help flying A380 as training is exposing!) Already trouble spreading experience across expanding aircraft types (A380 - A350 and B777ER / LR / F plus combo freighter and 777X arriving soon), so potentially losing pilots to RIA is major headache!
Did not EK sack a whole lot of experience in a AAR rage against anyone who had been sick for more than a month? You reap what you sow.
SOPS is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2024, 18:33
  #198 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Tenesse
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ria is not operating until it gets the birds.
therefore no pilots needed basically until 2027 at least.
That's 3 years from now..
Tick tock tick tock...
Orville bruh is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2024, 10:07
  #199 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: LaLaLand
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word of EK slowing expansion with conflict potentially intensifying?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68734689
5strypes is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2024, 14:41
  #200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: In the sky
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who has flown the A330/A340 knows whatís going to happen on the A350Ö
Thatís why hardly anybody wants to go back from the A380!
Way more short night turnarounds and more duty days with minimum off days per monthÖ

Why would one want to do that??
FQT2YS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.