Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Old 23rd Jul 2019, 10:31
  #9941 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Varna
Posts: 111
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roll_over
How long is the projected upgrade time if you have the hours? Considering EK or QR and honestly not sure which is better?
As far as I could hear it is shortest on 320 fleet, around 4 years waiting... Wide body is around 5 years, but some people I know were there for 8-9 years and still f/o on wide body Airbus fleet...
jadrolinija is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 10:57
  #9942 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York
Posts: 131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jadrolinija
As far as I could hear it is shortest on 320 fleet, around 4 years waiting... Wide body is around 5 years, but some people I know were there for 8-9 years and still f/o on wide body Airbus fleet...
Don't read too much into 8-9years.... as some of these FOs would've joined as SOs and don't have the hours after 4-5years for Upgrade. Also some FOs have failed the Command Upgrade once or multiple times, some might tell you others won't. Also if you have a warning letter then you are illegible for Command Upgrade until it expires - again some might not tell you this. Basically if you joined as a DEFO 'with hours' and have a clean record, if you are still an FO after 8-9years something must be wrong.
bananaman2 is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:55
  #9943 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: India
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alfredol
Hi guys any news about DEC for Boeing fleet ?? Regards
Hi, any news/update on DEC B777?? Thanks
Manisha Dalal is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 09:01
  #9944 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N.A
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Taviator
I have applied this year in march for Qatar FO 777/787.
A month later in april they invited me for the online tests.
Two days after I have passed that I was invited for the online Interview.
3 days after that I got an invitation to Doha, for 2 weeks later (end of april).
I rejected that date as I didnt have time to prepare nor to take any vacation, so I offered a date in end of june.
I went there and left on a thursday. On sunday I got the Yes and an immidiate offer for B787 Training starting in August (I needed at least 3 month notice so that didnt work out)
I called them and they offered me 6.10. as starting date and apparently that was the last one this year which was free.
I accepted and I am waiting for the written contract now.

So all in all, it wouldve probably taken, from application to training course start, less than 5 month!

I was there with some Airbus Captains which were told there was a waiting time of a year or more. So if youre airbus and not getting invited, that might be why.
Hi Taviator ,

It sounds true what you mentioned regarding the last training course available this year. I passed the interview last week for Boeing type-rated FO, I got the positive answer but have been placed in the holding pool.
I was a bit surprised as I know many people like you who got a date of joining straight away ! Seems like I will need to be patient....

Good luck
renren is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 09:57
  #9945 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sky
Posts: 501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think you will have to be patient for long as there was recently a roadshow in Dublin for Boeing rated guys. It will speedup anyway.

Originally Posted by renren
Hi Taviator ,

It sounds true what you mentioned regarding the last training course available this year. I passed the interview last week for Boeing type-rated FO, I got the positive answer but have been placed in the holding pool.
I was a bit surprised as I know many people like you who got a date of joining straight away ! Seems like I will need to be patient....

Good luck
captain.weird is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 10:07
  #9946 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: N.A
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captain.weird
I don't think you will have to be patient for long as there was recently a roadshow in Dublin for Boeing rated guys. It will speedup anyway.

All right, will keep you posted anyway
renren is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2019, 21:00
  #9947 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coimbatore,India
Age: 41
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help for Re Application process

I had once applied in 2018 but couldnít clear the process. My Login credentials used at that time is not allowing me to apply again. What are my options.
I am unable to locate any email to seek QR support.
itssmano is offline  
Old 31st Jul 2019, 01:11
  #9948 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Africa
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by itssmano
I had once applied in 2018 but couldnít clear the process. My Login credentials used at that time is not allowing me to apply again. What are my options.
I am unable to locate any email to seek QR support.
In this case, you may need to use a different email address and start the whole process from scratch. Just use a new email address and log in and start again.
afroace is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2019, 21:29
  #9949 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: England
Posts: 908
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve just had exactly the same issue. I managed to get in contact as was advised to set up a new persona and just start everything from a new.
tonker is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2019, 07:27
  #9950 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6.10 class

Originally Posted by Taviator
I have applied this year in march for Qatar FO 777/787.
A month later in april they invited me for the online tests.
Two days after I have passed that I was invited for the online Interview.
3 days after that I got an invitation to Doha, for 2 weeks later (end of april).
I rejected that date as I didnt have time to prepare nor to take any vacation, so I offered a date in end of june.
I went there and left on a thursday. On sunday I got the Yes and an immidiate offer for B787 Training starting in August (I needed at least 3 month notice so that didnt work out)
I called them and they offered me 6.10. as starting date and apparently that was the last one this year which was free.
I accepted and I am waiting for the written contract now.

So all in all, it wouldve probably taken, from application to training course start, less than 5 month!

I was there with some Airbus Captains which were told there was a waiting time of a year or more. So if youre airbus and not getting invited, that might be why.
check your privet msgs inbox pls.
capt_mbm777 is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2019, 12:53
  #9951 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: /
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the online interview (Sonru) 1.5 month ago, heard nothing since. Status still shows self service video. Anyone know whatís up?

Boeing type rated FO
unkki is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2019, 13:17
  #9952 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi tony check your inbox please
regards



Originally Posted by tony the jesus
When is housing allocated to new joiners, with the employment offer or later on?
Alfredol is offline  
Old 7th Aug 2019, 02:36
  #9953 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: chile
Age: 49
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Unkki, would you please help me to know what were the questions you have received during the online interview? THANKS
charliegolf1974 is offline  
Old 7th Aug 2019, 02:37
  #9954 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: chile
Age: 49
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI everyone:
Can you please help me to know what is the online interview about? What kind of questions are made?
Thanks!
charliegolf1974 is offline  
Old 13th Aug 2019, 12:32
  #9955 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mediterranean
Posts: 145
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else who's had problems with the new insurance? I keep hearing one horror story after another from colleagues dealing with Al Koot
APU_inop is offline  
Old 13th Aug 2019, 21:43
  #9956 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York
Posts: 131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... from the people I know, a lot of the issues seem to be centred around claiming stuff back. Also it seems itís hard now to get stuff done outside of Qatar.

For me the change in provider hasnít made too much of a difference, with Allianz I only really used it for a handful of Dermatology appointments and prescriptions (in Qatar) and a couple of pairs of glasses.

I spoke to the guy in the QROC the other day... and itís basically the same process, no pre-authorisation, just go straight to the hospital (Al Ahli is my
preferred) and itís covered, subject to a 20% participation fee for the consultation (it was 10 with Allianz).

Iím from the UK, so for anything serious, unless physically unable, iíd much rather drag myself back to the UK and get treatment on the NHS with British trained or based doctors (as was the case with Allianz). Obviously for people from other countries that have a private healthcare system, they may rely on their company healthcare scheme a bit more.
bananaman2 is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 10:09
  #9957 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Poland
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know what is the bond for 787 or 777 TR in terms of money or years that one has to work for QR?
Jakub_738 is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2019, 07:23
  #9958 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oct class

Originally Posted by Emre034

Congrats.I am also waiting date of join,when did you finish your assessment?Thanks...
I sent you PM
capt_mbm777 is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2019, 08:15
  #9959 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In d skies
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI Taviator, quick question
Originally Posted by Taviator
Had the same. You can contact the helpdesk email and they will send it to the appropriate person. After a month my application was revisited and I was invited! Good luck!
which email address is that. I went through the whole application page but couldnt find anything even in queries section of application.

Thanks.
Just_landed is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2019, 11:10
  #9960 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mars
Age: 44
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sim Screening 787

Sim Screening,

Anyone was recently in the Sim Screening on the 787 would like to send me a brief review?
me179 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.