Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Wizzair-2 cadets

Old 28th Feb 2022, 08:37
  #161 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Malta
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
Anyone attended open day in Vilnius 22.02.2022 can share with us how is it ?
There’s two coming wizzair open days 2nd and 4th of March in Athens and Malta respectively.

If anyone knows anything would be very much appreciated.
Ahmedshalaby is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2022, 08:46
  #162 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: In the skies
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... wasn't it for cabin crew only?
hid3 is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2022, 20:45
  #163 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Thessaloniki
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz is trolling us! They published again today another recruitment advertisement for non type rated FO. Over the year I can't even count how may FO advertisements they have published but still not a single one has been called for an interview. As far as I know only a few a320 experienced pilots have been called but not any cadets. I still don't understand what is the reason they keep asking for pilots..
Perseas is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 16:21
  #164 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Perseas View Post
Wizz is trolling us! They published again today another recruitment advertisement for non type rated FO. Over the year I can't even count how may FO advertisements they have published but still not a single one has been called for an interview. As far as I know only a few a320 experienced pilots have been called but not any cadets. I still don't understand what is the reason they keep asking for pilots..
I actually know for some NTR cadets who got taken in in february and are already doing their Type rating. So, hopes up.
basketbojler is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 18:54
  #165 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: In the skies
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Provide some evidence they were picked NOT from WAPA.
Empty speculations without proof is useless
hid3 is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 19:13
  #166 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Thessaloniki
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by basketbojler View Post
I actually know for some NTR cadets who got taken in in february and are already doing their Type rating. So, hopes up.
Where are they? Anyone is welcomed to give us some feedback.
Perseas is offline  
Old 3rd Mar 2022, 13:56
  #167 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hid3 View Post
Provide some evidence they were picked NOT from WAPA.
Empty speculations without proof is useless
One of them was my MCC partner, so I have it first hand. And the second one is from my City, I have his assessment and HR questions on my email if anyone is interested. Non of them was from WAPA, so im not sure why you
are accusing me of lying, what would I gain from this. If you're angry cause you didn't get called I suggest you find yourself another job, but don't call people liars.
basketbojler is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2022, 17:58
  #168 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Portugal
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Falisaki View Post
Negatív, I got the status that I had been shortlisted (jan 24), but nothing have happened since then.
does anyone have news about wizz? I’ve seen the news about them looking for cadets last week but didn’t received an invitation yet. My profile has been shortlisted since January.
Sainz96 is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2022, 19:14
  #169 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sainz96 View Post
does anyone have news about wizz? I’ve seen the news about them looking for cadets last week but didn’t received an invitation yet. My profile has been shortlisted since January.
Yes same here! nothing yet. By the way, the advertisement was by a third party or directly from Wizzair?
Vinny91 is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2022, 21:19
  #170 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Portugal
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinny91 View Post
Yes same here! nothing yet. By the way, the advertisement was by a third party or directly from Wizzair?
It was third party…
Sainz96 is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2022, 23:18
  #171 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Greece
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sainz96 View Post
does anyone have news about wizz? I’ve seen the news about them looking for cadets last week but didn’t received an invitation yet. My profile has been shortlisted since January.
I attended their Open Day in Athens last week.

The HR representatives explained that the number of candidates from each level (cadet, exp FO, CPT) they invite each month depends on their crew/scheduling/expansion requirements. It’s never a fixed number, it varies every month depending on their needs.

At some point there was a question about NTR cadets in particular. The HR representatives mentioned that: “there is no need for cadets during March, but maybe in April-May-June that will change”. Make of that what you will.

To my understanding they are keen on attracting as many candidates as possible (from all levels) to apply on their careers page, so as to create a significant pool that will enable them to cope with the company’s gigantic expansion plans, as and when required. Maybe at the moment their focus is on TR/Experienced candidates; let’s not forget that they have their own cadets from the WAPA program.

In any case, when applying the first step is for your application to be “shortlisted”. Once this happens, the next step is the invitation to an Assessment Day. Hopefully the company will be in a position of accelerated growth soon, so as to allow more candidates an opportunity for the assessment.
Pegasus17 is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2022, 10:37
  #172 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pegasus17 View Post
I attended their Open Day in Athens last week.

The HR representatives explained that the number of candidates from each level (cadet, exp FO, CPT) they invite each month depends on their crew/scheduling/expansion requirements. It’s never a fixed number, it varies every month depending on their needs.

At some point there was a question about NTR cadets in particular. The HR representatives mentioned that: “there is no need for cadets during March, but maybe in April-May-June that will change”. Make of that what you will.

To my understanding they are keen on attracting as many candidates as possible (from all levels) to apply on their careers page, so as to create a significant pool that will enable them to cope with the company’s gigantic expansion plans, as and when required. Maybe at the moment their focus is on TR/Experienced candidates; let’s not forget that they have their own cadets from the WAPA program.

In any case, when applying the first step is for your application to be “shortlisted”. Once this happens, the next step is the invitation to an Assessment Day. Hopefully the company will be in a position of accelerated growth soon, so as to allow more candidates an opportunity for the assessment.
Thanks so much, Pegasus!
So in case we have " shortlisted" then do you think could be a good sign they will invite us around April or May?
Vinny91 is offline  
Old 12th Mar 2022, 14:20
  #173 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Greece
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinny91 View Post
Thanks so much, Pegasus!
So in case we have " shortlisted" then do you think could be a good sign they will invite us around April or May?
It certainly is a good sign, meaning that at least your application hasn’t gone unnoticed.

However, I’m not in a position to specify when they’re going to invite NTR cadets for assessment - that would be pure speculation. All I know is what I mentioned in my previous post, i.e. they’ll invite shortlisted candidates when there’s an actual need.

At this moment it seems like it’s a waiting game.
Pegasus17 is offline  
Old 12th Mar 2022, 16:31
  #174 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinny91 View Post
Thanks so much, Pegasus!
So in case we have " shortlisted" then do you think could be a good sign they will invite us around April or May?
The only problem with Wizz now is the training capacity. They'll call people asap, especially cadets.

Giuff is online now  
Old 12th Mar 2022, 16:36
  #175 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Portugal
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giuff View Post
The only problem with Wizz now is the training capacity. They'll call people asap, especially cadets.
do you now that they will call cadets asap for a fact? That information come from an open day of something like that? Thank you all for the feedback once again. It’s starting to seem that April will be the month, right?

Last edited by Sainz96; 13th Mar 2022 at 14:08.
Sainz96 is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2022, 19:12
  #176 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Thessaloniki
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely trolling us 🙄
Perseas is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 14:38
  #177 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Europe
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, my status changed in the online system from "forwarded as appilcant" to that if they have recruitment days, they will email me, and I will have the opportunity to book. Are any of you having the new status?
Falisaki is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 16:29
  #178 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Portugal
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Falisaki View Post
Hello, my status changed in the online system from "forwarded as appilcant" to that if they have recruitment days, they will email me, and I will have the opportunity to book. Are any of you having the new status?
Yes, I got the same! I imagine that’s a good sign! Anyone has information on when are they planning to start the assessments? And anyone has informations on what kind of assessment they do?
Sainz96 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 17:26
  #179 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Falisaki View Post
Hello, my status changed in the online system from "forwarded as appilcant" to that if they have recruitment days, they will email me, and I will have the opportunity to book. Are any of you having the new status?
yes! there I am, the same!
let's hope something will happen soon
Vinny91 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 17:27
  #180 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Romania
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same, too! Which position have you applied for? I'm a NTR cadet! Good luck!
Jetliner737 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.