Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

easyJet June 2019 Amy Johnson

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

easyJet June 2019 Amy Johnson

Old 16th May 2019, 19:15
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 28
Nothing at the moment!
pilotsaad is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 09:10
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 4
Hi guys, I was luckily put to the hold pool typerated captain recently. Had the assessment in April. They told me TXL looks good but when younread thisnforum there seem to be other opinions...
Is there anyone who knows some inside rumors, how long can I expect to wait in the hold pool, I would be flexible to start at another base as well first...
Ziller85 is offline  
Old 21st May 2019, 17:15
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 177
Hi. Any news?
Jolax is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:09
  #64 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 31
Posts: 77
A friend of mine got the convocation mail for the sim yesterday but she's a girl
anto125 is online now  
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:43
  #65 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by anto125 View Post
A friend of mine got the convocation mail for the sim yesterday but she's a girl
equal opportunity vs equal outcome.

Anyway do you know when she did the online assessment ?
paul_v1 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:49
  #66 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: everywhere
Posts: 54
Guys it has already been said it is a total waste of time, this scheme is all about scoring political points. If any of you watch the easyJet tv series it is very clear what the company goals are.

Maybe if you put that you are gay or something in the application like how some companies ask about your sexual orientation etc then you could have a chance.
A320LGW is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:56
  #67 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by A320LGW View Post
Guys it has already been said it is a total waste of time, this scheme is all about scoring political points. If any of you watch the easyJet tv series it is very clear what the company goals are.

Maybe if you put that you are gay or something in the application like how some companies ask about your sexual orientation etc then you could have a chance.
The tv series is very entertaining especially watching the female captain with her copilot confusing the left and right while eating cookies and messing up taxi and laughing about it.

Hands down best documentary on how not to be in a cockpit.
paul_v1 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:02
  #68 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 31
Posts: 77
1 day before me so 12 may
anto125 is online now  
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:00
  #69 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 177
In case they don't invite us for the interview, do they bother themselves sending us a "please f*** off email" or nothing at all!?
Jolax is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:35
  #70 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 773
They bother.
Banana Joe is online now  
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:43
  #71 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: spain
Age: 29
Posts: 61
Hi guys, does anybody know more details about the course? Like how many years of bond and how many sectors to fly under line training?
Cheers
oldkarim is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:52
  #72 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 177
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
They bother.
Mate, Did you receive any news from them?
Jolax is offline  
Old 22nd May 2019, 21:57
  #73 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 773
Originally Posted by Jolax View Post
Mate, Did you receive any news from them?
Negative for this year for the time being, last year I did. About a month later after I did the online tests. And it will be negative bacause it's written in some earlier post that someone has been invited. And they have only 20 positions.
Banana Joe is online now  
Old 23rd May 2019, 09:55
  #74 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 31
Posts: 77
Little note:
reading people complaining because they didn't get called because they're boys sounds a bit childish..
there is a reason why there are really a few women pilots, and I think it's not because of lack of skills..
End of O/T
anto125 is online now  
Old 23rd May 2019, 12:01
  #75 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: everywhere
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by anto125 View Post
Little note:
reading people complaining because they didn't get called because they're boys sounds a bit childish..
there is a reason why there are really a few women pilots, and I think it's not because of lack of skills..
End of O/T
Because they themselves are less inclined to want to do it as a career, nobody else's fault and positive discrimination isn't the answer.
A320LGW is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 12:12
  #76 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Not At Home
Posts: 1,615
Originally Posted by A320LGW View Post
Because they themselves are less inclined to want to do it as a career, nobody else's fault and positive discrimination isn't the answer.
Or due to the “boys are Pilots” stigma they have never really considered it possible or thought it was something they could do.

A word of advice to some of those on this thread. Be careful about what you put on public forums. A lot of the above is coming across badly and, honestly, I wouldn’t want to spend the day sitting next to you based on what i’ve read here which, coincidentally, is one of the biggest questions a recruiter will ask themselves..

Good luck to all and maybe see you on the line one day.
EcamSurprise is online now  
Old 23rd May 2019, 12:48
  #77 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: everywhere
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by EcamSurprise View Post

Or due to the “boys are Pilots” stigma they have never really considered it possible or thought it was something they could do.
Well by all means educate the masses, go to schools for open days and make sure females are aware the career is open to them, I fully agree. However when it comes to the recruitment itself it should be an absolutely level playing field with no one favored based on their gender whatsoever. Sorry but I don't see how this is wrong, hire based on skills and talent, not gender or other items, I will have absolutely no issue saying this in person to anyone.
A320LGW is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 09:56
  #78 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by A320LGW View Post
Well by all means educate the masses, go to schools for open days and make sure females are aware the career is open to them, I fully agree. However when it comes to the recruitment itself it should be an absolutely level playing field with no one favored based on their gender whatsoever. Sorry but I don't see how this is wrong, hire based on skills and talent, not gender or other items, I will have absolutely no issue saying this in person to anyone.
Totally agree and once theyll do this why not make sure to females that bricklayer careers are also available same as construction workers, Roofer, Firefighter, Bodyguard, Metal Crafter, Sanitaion Worker, Fisherman, Lumberjack, Prison worker, communication climber worker etc. etc. are also available.

Equal opportunity vs equal outcome. Very different things.
paul_v1 is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 10:22
  #79 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 31
Posts: 77
Never said I'm for a gender based selection... (which is not this one anyway), I can guarantee it's full of girls out there who want to be pilots.
Easyjet is simply trying to close up a gap for an envoirement that has always been considered a macho's thing (numbers talk).
The examples that Paul posted are simply not related at all because they're mostly jobs requiring a body strenght that most of women don't have.
Tell me what skills does flying an a320 require that women don't have guys..
​​​
Anyway, can we close here these weird/middle aged discussion? I just wanted to tell you a friend of mine got called. And you started writing rude stuff.
Good luck everyone.
anto125 is online now  
Old 24th May 2019, 11:00
  #80 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by anto125 View Post
Never said I'm for a gender based selection... (which is not this one anyway), I can guarantee it's full of girls out there who want to be pilots.
Easyjet is simply trying to close up a gap for an envoirement that has always been considered a macho's thing (numbers talk).
The examples that Paul posted are simply not related at all because they're mostly jobs requiring a body strenght that most of women don't have.
Tell me what skills does flying an a320 require that women don't have guys..
​​​
Anyway, can we close here these weird/middle aged discussion? I just wanted to tell you a friend of mine got called. And you started writing rude stuff.
Good luck everyone.
We can talk about less body strength jobs as you say.
Women dominate in the field of biology I never saw them wanting more men there.
It is what people chose to do without any political agenda in mind. Being a pilot isnt an easy job and men are more dominant because at the end of the day you dont just fly an A320.
You have weird rosters, responsibility to your family, airlines and passengers, fatigue, Airlines checks etc etc. An airline pilot doesnt just fly a plane and most women AND men dont feel compelled to that lifestyle.

I emphasize though again, equal opportunity vs equal outcome. Both I say again BOTH genders have equal opportunities in aviation but because we want to fill a gap of one gender it stops being equal in the end.

I want to see qualified pilots be it F or M.
paul_v1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.