Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Wings Alliance Interview Questions

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Wings Alliance Interview Questions

Old 14th Sep 2018, 20:13
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London / Buckinghamshire
Age: 20
Posts: 40
Wings Alliance Interview Questions

Has anyone done a Wings Alliance interview, for their whitetail or otherwise? A question like "what airline would you like to work for", I have no clue to answer because to be fair, I really don't mind as long as I'm up in the air! I'm young (no family etc) so I don't need to be home every day per se. What other questions are asked?
Thanks
jaydotbe is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 20:19
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Stoke
Age: 33
Posts: 1
Hey, what date are you attending the assessment? I'm going on the 26th October and currently in the same boat as yourself, looking for info! 😃🔰
cragydong is offline  
Old 5th Dec 2018, 14:31
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Age: 27
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by cragydong View Post
Hey, what date are you attending the assessment? I'm going on the 26th October and currently in the same boat as yourself, looking for info! 😃🔰
Hey cragydong, first of all I hope the assessment went well for you , I hope to be applying shortly and am hoping you can give me some information on what the assessment entails and what the online tests they send prior to the assesment day were like? What kind of maths is involved? I'm starting to prepare and realised I don't really know what to expect from the technical aspect.

Mills.
MILLS92 is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2019, 22:59
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Wales
Posts: 24
Wings Alliance Selection Day

Originally Posted by jaydotbe View Post
Has anyone done a Wings Alliance interview, for their whitetail or otherwise? A question like "what airline would you like to work for", I have no clue to answer because to be fair, I really don't mind as long as I'm up in the air! I'm young (no family etc) so I don't need to be home every day per se. What other questions are asked?
Thanks
Hi Jaydotbe,

I hope your assessment went well for you. Like Cragydong has suggested above, please could you shed some light on what the Wings Alliance Selection Day / Pre-Selection Day Assessment entails? Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated as I am currently preparing for a selection day at the end of this month. I am unsure as to what to expect.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Joshua
Mills.
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 7th Jan 2019, 06:47
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Age: 27
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by cragydong View Post
Hey, what date are you attending the assessment? I'm going on the 26th October and currently in the same boat as yourself, looking for info! 😃🔰
HI cragydong,
​​​​​​
​​​​Sorry to be messaging you directly but I have read that you attended a selection day with wings alliance, I too have a selection day booked for the end of this week and and looking for any information I can get on it. I have improved my mental maths and prepared for the interview as much as possible but I'm Wondering how long the interview is, how many questions they ask and how were the numeracy tests?

Thank you in advance,Its my first assessment day for a flying school so I'm. Not sure what to expect.
​​​​​​​Miles.
MILLS92 is offline  
Old 7th Jan 2019, 12:08
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Wales
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by MILLS92 View Post
HI cragydong,
​​​​​​
​​​​Sorry to be messaging you directly but I have read that you attended a selection day with wings alliance, I too have a selection day booked for the end of this week and and looking for any information I can get on it. I have improved my mental maths and prepared for the interview as much as possible but I'm Wondering how long the interview is, how many questions they ask and how were the numeracy tests?

Thank you in advance,Its my first assessment day for a flying school so I'm. Not sure what to expect.
Miles.

Hi Miles,


Have you completed the online pre-selection tests yet? Just wondering whether you could shed some light with what I should look over...

Many thanks in advance.

All the very best for your interview and selection day this week.


Best regards,

Joshua
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 8th Jan 2019, 19:54
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Age: 27
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123 View Post



Hi Miles,


Have you completed the online pre-selection tests yet? Just wondering whether you could shed some light with what I should look over...

Many thanks in advance.

All the very best for your interview and selection day this week.


Best regards,

Joshua
Hi Joshua, I have indeedy, the preassesment tests comprised of two tests. The first being an hour long personality test, it would give a statement and then ask you to rate wether you agreed or not from "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree". The second was one of the ADAPT assessments, this one here to be exact: (https ://youtu.be /PYSixe6iJvs)I had to add spaces into the link, apparantly I can't post them Untill I'm rank 10​​​​​ or somthing.The plane in the actual test flies a different route however and the questions at the bottom right are also different. It's actually alot more difficult to do than it appears. I'd say to prepare for these just be smart about how you answer the personality test and practice multitasking tests , you can also practice mental maths but the questions weren't at all hard, it was doing them while distracted thag made it hard as its easy to miss the question. When are you hoping to apply? And thankyou, Iv wanted to fly since I was 3 years old so this would be a dream come true if I get it. Hopefully ill see you in the sky one day
MILLS92 is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 08:46
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Wales
Posts: 24
Good morning Miles,


Thank you very much for your message, and advice - it is very much appreciated! I am currently having trouble signing up to the pilotaptitudetest.com to use their services, so need to find an alternative way to revise for the online FAST (ADAPT) test you mentioned.

Please can you recommend any alternative software to practice this part of the online test?


All the very best in your selection day and interview - I hope to see you someday in the sky too!

Beat regards.

Josh
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 11:26
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: dunstable
Posts: 7
Selection day

Originally Posted by MILLS92 View Post
HI cragydong,
​​​​​​
​​​​Sorry to be messaging you directly but I have read that you attended a selection day with wings alliance, I too have a selection day booked for the end of this week and and looking for any information I can get on it. I have improved my mental maths and prepared for the interview as much as possible but I'm Wondering how long the interview is, how many questions they ask and how were the numeracy tests?

Thank you in advance,Its my first assessment day for a flying school so I'm not sure what to expect.
Miles.
HI Miles I also have my selection this week on Friday hope to see you there paida
coolsuper1998 is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 15:57
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nice
Posts: 13
Anyone got any info regarding Wings Alliance new cadet / flexible program ? Is there a list of the schools their partner with ?
Kaillou is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 17:35
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bristol
Age: 27
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by MILLS92 View Post
Hi Joshua, I have indeedy, the preassesment tests comprised of two tests. The first being an hour long personality test, it would give a statement and then ask you to rate wether you agreed or not from "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree". The second was one of the ADAPT assessments, this one here to be exact: (https ://youtu.be /PYSixe6iJvs)I had to add spaces into the link, apparantly I can't post them Untill I'm rank 10​​​​​ or somthing.The plane in the actual test flies a different route however and the questions at the bottom right are also different. It's actually alot more difficult to do than it appears. I'd say to prepare for these just be smart about how you answer the personality test and practice multitasking tests , you can also practice mental maths but the questions weren't at all hard, it was doing them while distracted thag made it hard as its easy to miss the question. When are you hoping to apply? And thankyou, Iv wanted to fly since I was 3 years old so this would be a dream come true if I get it. Hopefully ill see you in the sky one day
Thanks for the guidance. Iíve heard from someone youíre allowed to take notes during the ADAPT test. Is this so?
CAGS92 is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 08:29
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Age: 27
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123 View Post
Good morning Miles,


Thank you very much for your message, and advice - it is very much appreciated! I am currently having trouble signing up to the pilotaptitudetest.com to use their services, so need to find an alternative way to revise for the online FAST (ADAPT) test you mentioned.

Please can you recommend any alternative software to practice this part of the online test?


All the very best in your selection day and interview - I hope to see you someday in the sky too!

Beat regards.

Josh
I used pilotaptitudetest. Com to prepare but as I haven't yet seen what the psychometrics will be like on the day I can't really say how much theyle help. Wings alliance have said though that they don't put much weight on them, and instead put more on the interview and our general persona.
I'll give an update after Friday letting you know a little about what to expect.
And thank you very much
​​​​
MILLS92 is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 08:32
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Age: 27
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by coolsuper1998 View Post


HI Miles I also have my selection this week on Friday hope to see you there paida
Hey paida,
Congratulations on making it this far , and good luck for tomorrow. I'm planning on getting in a little early so I can meet everyone (will probably help in the group assessments if we're all already familiar).
So see you there
MILLS92 is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 22:38
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Wales
Posts: 24
Good luck!

Originally Posted by MILLS92 View Post
I used pilotaptitudetest. Com to prepare but as I haven't yet seen what the psychometrics will be like on the day I can't really say how much theyle help. Wings alliance have said though that they don't put much weight on them, and instead put more on the interview and our general persona.
I'll give an update after Friday letting you know a little about what to expect.
And thank you very much
​​​​
Thanks Miles - it is greatly appreciated!

Wishing you all the best tomorrow on your selection day. Smash it!

Best regards,

Josh
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 14th Jan 2019, 20:24
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Wales
Posts: 24
Good evening Miles,


Hope you are well. How did your assessment day go? Challenging?

I sat the pre selection tests this evening... I found the Multitasking test quite tricky. Not sure what to make of it.
I hope I performed to the required standard.


Were there additional tests on the interview day?

I hope it went well for you, and wish you all the very best.


Best regards,

Joshua
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2019, 18:54
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Age: 27
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123 View Post
Good evening Miles,


Hope you are well. How did your assessment day go? Challenging?

I sat the pre selection tests this evening... I found the Multitasking test quite tricky. Not sure what to make of it.
I hope I performed to the required standard.


Were there additional tests on the interview day?

I hope it went well for you, and wish you all the very best.


Best regards,

Joshua
Hi Josh,
Sorry for the late reply, been super busy so far this week in work.
First off .... I MADE IT .
Which honestly feels amazing, it still hasnt really settled in yet.

The multitasking test was definitely difficult. I only rated myself about a 5/10 on my first attempt and then a 7/10 the next time I'm not sure how well I performed on it as Iv not yet received the written feedback report but seeing as I got in I mustnt have done bad :/.

The assesment day was challenging for sure but the instructors actually did an amazing job at putting people at ease, I felt like a nervous wreck before talking to them but quickly you are Made to feel comfortable and can just let your charisma and personality shine through along with hopefuly the competencies they're looking for.

The day starts with a group assesment which was definatly challenging, almost made me wonder if it's set to fail or if we just didn't get it right but the thing to remember is that it's not about the outcome but how you perform as part of a team. I didn't take lead role as someone was quick to do so and I didn't want to seem too competitive or forcfull, but kept giving input, ideas, listening to others, correcting them politely and admitting when I myself made a miscalculation.
Then I had an individual planning exercise which for me was the most challenging, you have an awful lot of information to sort through and pick out what's relevant or not and come up with a plan. I had only come up with a single plan by the end of the preparation time but could justify why as I had shot down the other plans fairly quick, my problem was that I was so focused on working out the exact timings of my ideal plan that I'd neglected to look at the other options more seriously, but a bit of quick thinking saved me I think when I was asked about them as I'd read enough and taken some notes to have an idea about why I had not selected them. Tbh I'm not sure if it was my answers or that I remained calm and open to criticism.
After that was the interview which I felt went really well. I think I quickly established that I wasn't there on a whim and was serious about wanting to fly. I also had alot of experiences to draw from when asked Competency based questions. They again did a fantastic job at making you feel relaxed, the interview felt more or less like a curious conversation as opposed to a grilling.

After that were the tests, starting with a general aviation test which according to the score I saw i think was a fail :/ hahaha it was a tough test though and asked alot of questions about aircraft types, engine types, airlines, airports ect. Tbh I wouldn't know where to begin studying for it as its incredibly general. I think I did okay on questions about the physics of flight and aircraft types but I didn't have a clue about the business side of airlines for example.
After that followed the ADAPT software tests which start with a numeracy test (a little algebra, fractions, multiplication division) it wasn't at all as maths centered as I'd imagine it to be. After that was some verbal reasoning I think, then spatial awareness and visual reasoning. So shapes and words and pictures and memory tests. And finally the two coordination tests. A deviation kinda aptitude test where your trying to keep a ball centered on the screen while it moves erratically and the final ADAPT test in which you fly the aircraft from the very first test having to control pitch/bank and throttle while following the instructions of atc.
​​​​​​Overall I kind of found it enjoyable. A bit wierd to say considering how stressed I was about it but again they do a fantastic job at keeping you calm.

Good luck for your assesment day, when are you due to take it? And which course are you looking for? I'm planning on the whitetail course starting around April.

​​​​

​​​​​​
MILLS92 is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2019, 12:27
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: dunstable
Posts: 7
Hi Miles congratulations on getting in. I was also surprising successful. I thought I had failed after that individual presentation. I would agree with you the day was tough as some assessments such as the group and individual task. But the adapt was okay and the interview was good.

I really have to say I really loved how they all took the time to eat lunch with us and chat with us. I enjoyed the motivational speeches by Peter and challenging questions from Rod.I am super excited to be starting!!! Wish I could start today !!

coolsuper1998 is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2019, 16:57
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Age: 27
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by coolsuper1998 View Post
Hi Miles congratulations on getting in. I was also surprising successful. I thought I had failed after that individual presentation. I would agree with you the day was tough as some assessments such as the group and individual task. But the adapt was okay and the interview was good.

I really have to say I really loved how they all took the time to eat lunch with us and chat with us. I enjoyed the motivational speeches by Peter and challenging questions from Rod.I am super excited to be starting!!! Wish I could start today !!

Hey paida CONGRATULATIONS
​​​​

I definitely agree with you there, it was an amazing experience to soak up their knowledge and they were very humble and down to earth.

I'm really happy for you making the cut too the industry needs more girls
When are you planning on starting? I'm planning on April provided I pass the medical, gonna book it this weekend.


​​​
MILLS92 is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2019, 09:45
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: dunstable
Posts: 7
Planning to start in April just waiting for the confirmation
coolsuper1998 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2019, 17:27
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Nantwich
Posts: 2
Anyone booked in for the February selection day? How did you find the preselection tests?
PilotDan87 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.