Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

EasyJet MPL 2017

Old 24th Oct 2017, 11:59
  #521 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael249 - I'm in the same position as you in terms of waiting for dates for the non-technical assessment day at Dibden Manor! I really hope that come January 2018, they still have enough places left on one of the three airline tagged routes!

-Does anyone have any information on whether it is possible to apply for the BA Cadet Programme while having applied to Gen easyJet already?

-Also, does the BA Programme feature a re-payment of the 69,000 Training Security Bond like the Gen easyJet Programme does?

-And lastly, if I passed the technical assessment for Gen easyJet, do I need to re-take the same test (and pay another 295) for the BA Programme? It is highly likely that those two tests will be within 6 months of each other.

Many thanks for any info.
qbigglesq is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 12:13
  #522 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Somewhere in the sky
Posts: 90
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent an email to the team asking these very questions and so far have received a response on the first point.

You can only have one application open at any one time.

I will let you know when I hear back on the latter but from my understanding there are some additional online tests with BA before you are passed to L3. Situational judgement and numerical test as per the BA job advert.

They did say that I could ‘transfer’ my application but I have asked for clarity on what that means given the extra tests.

Last edited by thisishomebrand; 24th Oct 2017 at 13:10. Reason: Adding extra info
thisishomebrand is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 12:39
  #523 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: England
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qbigglesq

-Does anyone have any information on whether it is possible to apply for the BA Cadet Programme while having applied to Gen easyJet already?
Way back in June when I originally applied I asked this question to the careers team and was told you can't have more than 1 active application at any one time. So if you want to apply for the BA programme then you must withdraw your EZY one.
o_rey28 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 13:27
  #524 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 150
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct. I just asked the selection team directly today, Their database will flag you as having two open at the same time and then you will be contacted to choose one or the other. No part of either airline scheme is transferable either, each is treated as its own application.
BaronVonBarnstormer is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 14:16
  #525 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Dublin
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes they said to wait until the new year for spots on stage 3 to be available. Just happ3ns that there's none until then
Michael249 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 20:05
  #526 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qbigglesq
Michael249 - I'm in the same position as you in terms of waiting for dates for the non-technical assessment day at Dibden Manor! I really hope that come January 2018, they still have enough places left on one of the three airline tagged routes!

-Does anyone have any information on whether it is possible to apply for the BA Cadet Programme while having applied to Gen easyJet already?

-Also, does the BA Programme feature a re-payment of the 69,000 Training Security Bond like the Gen easyJet Programme does?

-And lastly, if I passed the technical assessment for Gen easyJet, do I need to re-take the same test (and pay another 295) for the BA Programme? It is highly likely that those two tests will be within 6 months of each other.

Many thanks for any info.
Yep, the one application at any one time is airline specific I think, probably to reduce the number of people applying to numerous schemes at the same time. Think it's been that way for some time now, and was definitely the case at the beginning of the year, when I first applied to easyJet.

I recall the BA FPP bond being 84,000? Given that BA is 115,000, 6,000 more than easyJet, the bond may be slightly bigger too?

I think transferring results only applies when transferring from Airline to whitetail, if say you fail an element of the airline process... airlines have different pass marks, so think you'll need to pay the 295 and re-do everything sadly mate.

Well done for passing the technical, that was the hardest part for me personally, the interview and group ex was on the whole a pretty chilled day!
ec_2017 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 20:22
  #527 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Dublin
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I agree with you there . I'm looking forward to the interview and group work more than the technical . Do you know if there is another stage after stage 3?
Michael249 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 20:49
  #528 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by liammc95
I waited over 10 weeks for my response. After receiving the initial email stating that I was awaiting my route allocation, I thought it was a dead cert I was on one of the 3 EZY courses. I've only made it onto the whitetail.

I'd say if you hear back quickly you scored highly. If you wait months it's because they roll your assessment score over to compete against the next months applicants.

Gutted.
Hi mate, I am in more or less the same position as you. Were you with OAA or L3? I am still awaiting route allocation but fear that route 4/whitetail news is now inevitable.
will.1856 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 21:32
  #529 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: earth
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ec_2017
Yep, the one application at any one time is airline specific I think, probably to reduce the number of people applying to numerous schemes at the same time. Think it's been that way for some time now, and was definitely the case at the beginning of the year, when I first applied to easyJet.

I recall the BA FPP bond being 84,000? Given that BA is 115,000, 6,000 more than easyJet, the bond may be slightly bigger too?

I think transferring results only applies when transferring from Airline to whitetail, if say you fail an element of the airline process... airlines have different pass marks, so think you'll need to pay the 295 and re-do everything sadly mate.

Well done for passing the technical, that was the hardest part for me personally, the interview and group ex was on the whole a pretty chilled day!

hey, do you know if i did the whitetail selection before generation EZY was open and passed it they can transfer the results to generation or will i need to go trough the all selection process again?
tryu32 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 21:52
  #530 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll need to do it again sadly, buddy. You may only need to pay the re-application fee (168) to re-do the Maths, PILAPT, Group Ex and Interview, but as it's a totally different scheme, and airline sponsored, you'll likely need to pay 295 again!
ec_2017 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2017, 23:17
  #531 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: England
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of start dates are people receiving at the moment? When I went for my medical there was someone there who mentioned about being told about available start dates currently being in March/April, is this correct?
o_rey28 is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 01:12
  #532 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thisishomebrand, o_rey28 and ec_2017 - thanks so much for the information you have provided!

I'm actually visiting L3 this weekend for their open day. If anyone has any other questions they would like me to ask, just let me know. I'll post any useful information I find out on here once I'm back.
qbigglesq is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 01:48
  #533 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: wilmslow
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by o_rey28
What kind of start dates are people receiving at the moment? When I went for my medical there was someone there who mentioned about being told about available start dates currently being in March/April, is this correct?
I got told in late September it could be January but recently I got told first quarter of 2018, guessing the monarch situation has impacted the dates Easyjet are giving L3.
jswift98 is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 12:18
  #534 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by average-punter
I think that sums up their attitude fairly succinctly. Maybe you should remind then you shelled out just under 300 quid for the privilege.
Yep. They're only interested in selling their whitetail course
liammc95 is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 12:23
  #535 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by will.1856
Hi mate, I am in more or less the same position as you. Were you with OAA or L3? I am still awaiting route allocation but fear that route 4/whitetail news is now inevitable.
Hi mate, Mine was with L3. The wait was terrible
liammc95 is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 16:33
  #536 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to let you all know, L3 have just added a date for the non-technical assessment. It is in early January 2018.
qbigglesq is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 17:47
  #537 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Dublin
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankfully I just checked this forum and seen your post that they added an assessment 2 day . I just booked up go it . It's January 8th 2018. I booked straight away as I'd be afraid of when the next one could be..... if anyone else is going for this day too let me know!
Michael249 is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 18:18
  #538 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Somewhere in the sky
Posts: 90
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qbigglesq
Just to let you all know, L3 have just added a date for the non-technical assessment. It is in early January 2018.
Thanks for the heads up.

Good luck everyone
thisishomebrand is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 20:03
  #539 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael249
Yeah I agree with you there . I'm looking forward to the interview and group work more than the technical . Do you know if there is another stage after stage 3?
Hi,

Please could you tell me what to expect for the first assessment day at Dibden Manor. Also, the dress code says that 'most candidates wear a suit for the selection process', as it is now split up into two days, is a suit required for just the tests. I know the last question seems odd, but I don't want to be the only one wearing a suit or the only one not wearing a suit.
Lumb is offline  
Old 26th Oct 2017, 10:23
  #540 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Dublin
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first say at dibden is all about maths and pilapt.the maths is basic arithmetic such as 25x12 and then moves onto addition and subtraction . There are currency conversions e.g.how much is $70 in s if 1 = €1.20 €1=$1.30

Then you move onto pilapt which is the the pilot aptitude test . Maybe practice using a joystick but I wouldn't advise paying for tests online . You either have it or you don't . I didn't bother practicing this section and I passed .

And yes I'd recommend wearing a suit. The day I went there were 24 people in 3 different groups and everyone was wearing a suit including myself so it's a must.

Any other questions let me know !
Michael249 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.