PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Freight Dogs (https://www.pprune.org/freight-dogs-41/)
-   -   Cargolux details requested! (https://www.pprune.org/freight-dogs/205896-cargolux-details-requested.html)

Banana Joe 20th Sep 2021 22:07

Have all of the guys that joined on a 12 month contract received a permanent contract at the end of the term?

crawford2211 20th Sep 2021 23:36

Did you get to use a calculator for the maths part?


MostAnnoying 24th Sep 2021 07:56


Originally Posted by crawford2211 (Post 11114252)
Did you get to use a calculator for the maths part?

No, the figures in the exam were straightforward.

B737Aviator 5th Oct 2021 15:22


Originally Posted by Avi8ter (Post 10924235)
Yes, I also passed the assessment but no answer yet for NTR FO.

Hi, are you flying for Cargolux in the meantime or still waiting?

MostAnnoying 11th Oct 2021 08:13


Originally Posted by B737Aviator (Post 11121744)
Hi, are you flying for Cargolux in the meantime or still waiting?

I’ve heard that the holding pool of pilots who were accepted in 19/20 have started or are due to start. Due to upcoming winter period (Christmas transport) recruitment will not be done till the new year.

Flying567 14th Nov 2021 04:53

Was it the last few years always the case that you only get a temporary contract when you start ? And what are the chances to get a permanent contract ?

MostAnnoying 14th Nov 2021 06:54


Originally Posted by Flying567 (Post 11141870)
Was it the last few years always the case that you only get a temporary contract when you start ? And what are the chances to get a permanent contract ?

i don’t believe it’s their normal way of handling contracts. However, they started doing so when C19 came up. Annual contracts for rated people, showing that nor everybody wanted to stay. But also gave CLX the liberty of “letting people go” if the demand of the market would reduce significantly.

now, with the company investing in to type ratings, not sure what to expect.

BlueButterfly 8th Dec 2021 11:21

Hi BCFPilot,

How was the ATPL part performed? Verbally or written? Which types of questions are they asking? Thanks


Hi, are the technical questions also asked for Non-Type rated? (Are u rated or not?) Thanks

BON G 21st Dec 2021 21:19

Hello,

As CV recently opened applications for NTR FOs, has anyone already been called/mailed or knows how long it might take for them to reach out?
And can we expect to be in a holding pool for some time or will they start training rather soon to fill the bottom stack? (Word on the street has it there's a bunch of skippers retiring in the near future)

Thanks!

Broda 13th Jan 2022 14:40

Hi there,

I'm a 744 rated FO and consider joining Cargolux when they start hiring again.

As far as I understand, the upgrade to the left seat will take approx. 10-12 years. How is the salary progression in that time? There is not too much difference between the normal FO and Senior FO pay on their website (around 5,800 vs 6,300). Is there a yearly raise (except inflation) or a pay scale according to years at the company? Or are the 6,300 Euros the maximum base pay a FO can reach before the upgrade?

V1_cut 2nd Feb 2022 17:50

Anyone heard anything
 
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone had received a response yet? Just been radio silence here.
Maybe I have missed the cut 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Cheers

VolkerRacho 3rd Feb 2022 19:37

The guestimate to upgrade is a likely scenario.
FO salary progression includes a yearly time unit and automatic increases for inflation through the luxembourgish indexation rules.
On top there are tax free supplements for night, sunday and holiday duties as well as a daily allowance (per diem).

Hope that helps to clarify



Originally Posted by Broda (Post 11169475)
Hi there,

I'm a 744 rated FO and consider joining Cargolux when they start hiring again.

As far as I understand, the upgrade to the left seat will take approx. 10-12 years. How is the salary progression in that time? There is not too much difference between the normal FO and Senior FO pay on their website (around 5,800 vs 6,300). Is there a yearly raise (except inflation) or a pay scale according to years at the company? Or are the 6,300 Euros the maximum base pay a FO can reach before the upgrade?


CessNah 7th Feb 2022 05:20

Hey all,

Has anyone attended an assessment day lately, or even been invited for one? I applied back in November along with a few other buddies and its been radio silence since so I'm just wondering if anyone else has even heard a thing.

Many thanks!


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:37.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.