Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sun Express News

Wikiposts
Search
Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Sun Express News

Search this Thread

Old 11th Oct 2005, 10:46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sun Express News

Hi Everybody,

Sun Express B 737-800 hit a mast in Poznan during taxi.The Captain was flying over 300 hours in 3 month. Most pilots forced by Managm Pilot( approved by GM P.S ) to fly more than 300 hours and to sign a letter. Only a few signed. This Captain was one of them. Ins Companay invest and wont pay. Big ****. This incc/acc was just the beginning because there is no safety anymore in Sun Ex. All top( would say more FLOP) Managm Pilots resigned. But who will be next Ops manger, Trainingsmanage etc.
The company was ther best charterairline in Turkey, but right now its comp with Onur air and Co. The military mafia destroyed the whole company with full support from Paul S, who is the GM. All good guys resigned ore were forced to go. The company makes profit but the next incc/acc is around the corner. Condor wake up. The managment should be changed as soon as possible incl. the german DO( Condor Berlin Capt) who ony comes to antalya to pick up his salary
Old 11th Oct 2005, 11:37

What Has Condor to do with your company?
Old 11th Oct 2005, 12:09

Sun Express is part of Thomas Cook/Condor.
Old 11th Oct 2005, 14:30

Oooo I understand,

-First of all I think the T-CAA should have done something about it, in terms of monitoring.

-If this fails, which is likely, the pilots themselfs should have done something about it(like resigning to save their a.. , and with the present market its no big deal to find a proper job.not like the past years!!!!!).

-If you want to stay you should, call for the heavy artillery,like informing the CAA's at which your company is flying to. But this is close to shutting the joint down, because, and guys correct me if I am wrong, the flight time regulations/restrictions are part of ICAO PANS-RAC some of the annexes.And its not related to local CAA's ruling.

I would recommend that you get hold of the list of the Cpt/FO's who signed this letter of concent to fly over 300 hrs.(to be explained later).

And if the management pilots think they are of the hook by resigning they are wrong(blacklisted).Or did the GM sack them, makes more sense to me? Anyway they are or can be blacklisted.

And last but certainly not least since you are still there and the good guys resigned. In your own words this makes you one of the bad guys!!!!!!

Sorry dude for being that honest, but thats the deal.
Old 12th Oct 2005, 09:19

Red face

Toooo bad to hear these news.

It was the best charter company for pilots based in Antalya.

I really do not understand why they did request pilots to fly more than 300Hours. They could have hire pilots because most of the pilots based in Antalya would like to work for the company.

Too bad.
Old 14th Oct 2005, 21:40

vickers23

Dont ever give any ideas to these guys in sunexpress.Cause they think they are untouchables and one of these days they will find out the otherwise.
Many pilots who had years of experience had to leave because of this unacceptable attitude by the management and their as...lickers.
Not a pretty sight.! Used to be one of the greatest company to work for even in the whole EU.

Old 15th Oct 2005, 05:54

Lightbulb

Barbaros,

Yeah I figured that out while reading the thread, cause this guy is wondering who will be filling the gaps at present.
Which is an indication that he is wondering or rather gambling for his own purpose. What is in it for him for the future???
Cause when the good guys left he got the spotlights focused on him but suddenly the lights lost track. And this can leave ya cold and dark.
Will he be able to maintain his current status (or maybe improve),
or not????

He does not give a sh*t about the company, well that is at least
my lucky guess.

But you seem to know more about this thing here and I think the
mast incident is just the only one thing they just couldn't hide.
Do you know a captain there, it sounds like " bad sik his sky'e ",
I heard a story about this guy related to gearpins but I will have to verify before writing.
Old 15th Oct 2005, 15:29

Thumbs down

I totally agree with you vickers.The story which you wanna verify had happend out of istanbul around 2 years ago,they took off with the gear pins on and had to turn back.A short while after that incident cpt became chief ground instructor and f/o became cpt last year!!because all those militaries got the managment positions and the covered their friends as... pretty good.Good managment example!!!
Old 15th Oct 2005, 21:06

Vickers
you are really good man, you have analysed the situation there
very accurately with just 7/8 sentences in the post.
But what made me really laugh was the name of the captain.
Really no offense!!!!!
With a little bit of fantasy and knowledge of the turkish and english language you have given it to this guy.

hehehe

Barbaros,
You are absolutely right it really was one o the best companies
in the EU.
Anonymous and thus .................
Old 15th Oct 2005, 21:26

Another near Accicent: Happened a few years ago. Managment tried to keep this very confident and nothinh happened to thesse guys.

A TRE Capt( A.T...) and another Line Capt ( Black Smoke ) a guy who knows only 20 words of English, by the way Mr Smeiger that guy is perfect for being the new ops manager, anyway back to the story, these guys were fdoing an approach to antalya on rw 18 during bad weather, too high too speedy, too ****tyy as usual, so speedbrakes were used, finally crew decided we have to do a go around, but with speedbarakes extended and speed very low, aircraft not climbing, nobody reacted, one deadheading FO tried to inform crew but was hold back by our Chief Ground Capt Begikmaya,.FO got a warning.

What a Shame.

And Mr Smeiger thinks he is doing a good job as the general supporter of this ****. By the way one crew nearly stalled in Egypty.Condor should wake up
Old 16th Oct 2005, 05:25

Glad to have you back Sun,

and this is even a more remarkable story than the previous one.

What I don't understand. A cover up can occur anywhere within a clan. And yes it takes only 2 to tango. But it takes a lot of pilots to
run the show in an airline.

My point is why didn't anybody complain in that particular incident? And please don't tell me that the guys involved got an upgrade or something!

As far as I can tell from here it looks like there is no unity in your community? And the cat is sleeping while the mice are feasting.
Or maybe I should have stated the RATS are feasting.
Old 16th Oct 2005, 06:01

Before Mr Smeiger got control over the company, sun express was a company with very very high standarts. Right now it is controlled by the worst pilots u can imagine. No safety culture no nothing. Trainingstandarts comp to all the other Turkish Companies. But this is quiet normal, in charge of Traing was a TRE, called fat piggy, he was failed during his FO Training and got very low scores during his Upgrade .Ex Ops manger Nxxxx Fxxxxx is a TRE????? who gets scared when coming close to the ground, good guys. Ex Cfief Pilot is the biggest civilian hater. our EXEX ops manager Capt Mxxxx Fxxxxx was failed during his sim checks and got additional raining. This is a shame.

Hi vickers,

nobody can complain, if u complain ur in the blacklist. Our ExEX EX chiefpilot, complained about the company, ex ops manger Nxxxx Fxxxxx( Safety manger at that time) was in the same room.Afterwards this guy( lack of personality and biggest slimer and a..licker, reported him to the managment. Imagine he was SAFETY MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this guy got a warning and slimy Fxxxxx got promoted to Ops manager. GOOD Decision MR SMEIGER.

Avoid using names not in the public forum please. Identities removed. 4HP

Last edited by 4HolerPoler; 16th Oct 2005 at 06:19.
Old 16th Oct 2005, 09:49

It has been edited too much

Is it true that Flight Director kamil is gonna be the next OF?
(OF=GMFO). And I hear that 2 b757 A/C are cancelled?
Old 16th Oct 2005, 10:03

Flight Director Kamil G was one of the worst FO i have ever seen, he was promoted to Capt and Safety mg because he is a good a.. licker. Same performance like M. Ak.... I mean a..licking wise.
This company should get a clean wash. otherwise it will end in a disaster.
Old 16th Oct 2005, 12:08

Hello from Antalya,

this is dakotakally.

I am very sorry to read that people talking about sun express like this. Yes it is wright but not late. We can do someting.
But first , we have to stop giving warning to every pilot in sun express who is not friend of 76 group.

Mister general manager, did you give warning to Kaptan E.E
also????? Because he didnt say we must not talk in front of Dispatch people, but he said if you dont like you can go.

Stop warnings to pilots for stupid reasons. other but biger accident on the way. later dont tell me you didnt warn us mr General manager.

And a question mr General. Can you find pilots to fly in sun erxpress? NO.... they go fly, sky,onur, corendon airlines
Old 16th Oct 2005, 12:37

Hey dakota,

everybody is so unhappy to see sun express on this pages.You mentioned the warning system and you are absolutely right, this is the worst managment system u can imagine. These guys are behaving like they are still in the airforce. And the reall sad thing is that all this is supported by GM Paul S. (as u said MR GENERAL) He is not interested in safety but only in profit like shareholders. We wonder if they wull share an accident as well.
Hey dakota what can we do about this 76 mafia which are the biggest thread to all operators in turkey. OR shall we retract our tails like Capt. S.B. and go to the desert.

Hey vickers 23 the two inccidents you have heard is just the visible part of this iceberg. Have u ever heard about the wellknown/well filed away by the managment, Innsbruck DISASTER. If u are interested I will get back to you.
Old 16th Oct 2005, 13:28

It is very sad to see Sun Express being mentioned in these pages like this but I am not surprised.
While "air force" run management is common in Turkey and most of the airlines have their Flight Operations run by this type of system (protect your classmates), the blame can also be put on the Turkish DGCA whom, for years, has continually allowed companies to let their pilots fly more than the regulated maximum limitations.
Companies in Turkey often allow their pilots to fly more than the allowed 110 hours per month or 300 hours in 3 months and usually provide some sort of financial incentive to do so. I know that only 2 or 3 companies in Turkey are managed well enough so that this is avoided (Turkish Airlines, Pegasus and possibly Atlas). Although the Turkish DGCA frowns upon this behavour, they do not stop it and also like to receive some sort of "financial benefits" when companies do so.
Sun Express is not too late to reverse the current situation however it does require the new management pilots to enforce some sort of un-biased discipline on the pilots and disallow the upper management from influencing their decisions.

I am very curious to know about this Innsbruck incident however. Please tell.
Old 16th Oct 2005, 13:31

Guys,

I really think that you all are too optimistic, about saving this
airline.First of all it does NOT want to be saved!!!!!!!!!
If the patient is sick he/she has got to have the will to survive.
It does not have that.
Plus mr.P.General is a well known airline bankrupcy filer. (Fischer and another in germany). I personally think he did all of this delibertly.

more important is in this situation what is your chanche of survival as a sheep between all of these wolfs????

If there was unity between the sheeps like vickers said than maybe, but now it is too late.

You are now a deep minority and everytime the wolfs get hungry they will take a victim. And they made sure we would become a minority.And everyone wathed.

Old 16th Oct 2005, 13:55

maybe u are right, a normal manager cant be silly and blind like GENERAL Paul S. He is destroying the whole company, everthing which was established by Klaus B. and Florian H. And the ex -airforce guys( or should i say still airforce) are not happy to fly in a safe reputable airline but prefer to bring squadron atmoshper into the companie.
Old 16th Oct 2005, 14:05

Hi guys,

as far as i know, pilots refer to fly the ac with terrain mode, which is strictly forbidden by boeing as primary nav mode. but not using appr proc. And the consequence is all warnings in the EGPWS is heard in the cockpit in IMC and with very high G LOads like banks more than 70 degrees.Thats what I acknowledge from internal sources, any other info, details? THis i concerning the INNSBRUCK disaster.

I wonder what innsbruck airport/austrian caa auth think about thsi event, alraedy informed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.