Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Old 21st Jun 2022, 06:04
  #361 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Parramatta
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuikymart
I also have received this email too 🤞🏼😇 fingers crossed it’s closer then we think
YAY! How exciting- not going to lie I cried after reading the email, such a relief to just hear from Qantas!
TravellingFoodie is offline  
Old 21st Jun 2022, 08:18
  #362 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Central coast
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyGuy22
Hi DaniQ -
Did you receive your Water Competency request recently?
I can't imagine why I'd receive the request late last week if there was no intention to move ahead with externals GS until 2023.
Like you, my head is swimming with so much information, much of it at odds with itself! I'm remaining positive that my email request last week is a sign that we won't be waiting until 2023.....fingers crossed.
I received my water competency email last Thursday. Ive already submitted it. My AD was in early April. I hope this is a good sign but I guess until we do medicals it's a small step in the process.
DaniQ is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 05:25
  #363 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Australia
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Intellisis
I received the questionnaire mid May also...Received a response within 24 hours after submitting to book into Assessment Day the following week.
Did you apply for MEL or SYD? I only applied for MEL base, however heard there weren't going to be any more assessment days for a while now.
Flighty12345 is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 12:02
  #364 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Aus
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swim test

Hi all,

Just received the email for a swim test and called my local pool and said they don’t assess due to lifeguards not being under “Surf Life Saving Australia” and are with Royal Life Saving Society who don’t assess. Anyone else have this issue?
Zzxyz is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 18:36
  #365 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Aus
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flighty12345
Did you apply for MEL or SYD? I only applied for MEL base, however heard there weren't going to be any more assessment days for a while now.
I applied for SYD base. Good luck with your application, I hope you hear soon.
Intellisis is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 01:40
  #366 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melb
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QF747438
Hey Flighty25

Today I found out that the 3 planned August GS have internals from Qantas Group (Jetstar and QantasLink) in them also October. Apparently no external GS for QCCA till next year 2023 now. International travel is not back as fast as predicted.

thanks for the info! That’s exciting news!
do you know if applicants in these planned GS’s have already been contacted? Or are they working through it now?
also are they for Melbourne base?
Skiesthedream is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 03:26
  #367 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zzxyz
Hi all,

Just received the email for a swim test and called my local pool and said they don’t assess due to lifeguards not being under “Surf Life Saving Australia” and are with Royal Life Saving Society who don’t assess. Anyone else have this issue?
I did mine yesterday at my local pool and no issue. I'm in Melb so not sure if you're in a different state. I'd just call another pool until someone says yes.
danigirl is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 03:33
  #368 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyGuy22
Hi DaniQ -
Did you receive your Water Competency request recently?
I can't imagine why I'd receive the request late last week if there was no intention to move ahead with externals GS until 2023.
Like you, my head is swimming with so much information, much of it at odds with itself! I'm remaining positive that my email request last week is a sign that we won't be waiting until 2023.....fingers crossed.
It's something they can get out of the way during this waiting period as it doesn't expire and the fact is if you don't pass you won't progress. Some of the ditching training requires being in a simulated ditching in actual water so cabin crew have to be able to swim. But it's still progress albeit slowly 🤞
danigirl is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 08:49
  #369 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skiesthedream
thanks for the info! That’s exciting news!
do you know if applicants in these planned GS’s have already been contacted? Or are they working through it now?
also are they for Melbourne base?
Hi Skiesthedream

I work in the training centre a lot, when not flying.

The AUG planned training schedules are for Sydney base, mainly returning crew and internals from 2020 from JQ and QantasLink ect.

The internal hold list is quite big. Nothing for MEL base till October apparently. TA will have externals ready and waiting to slot in by that time when the checks have been completed to commence CCI still looking like end of 2022 bit more like 2023.
QF747438 is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 09:16
  #370 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flighty12345
Did you apply for MEL or SYD? I only applied for MEL base, however heard there weren't going to be any more assessment days for a while now.
😉 Qantas International Assessment days have ceased for now. With the continuous recruitment from January, they have more applications on hold than positions that will be offered to those candidates that are successful to job offer stage. Qantas are still recruiting short haul casual FAs in Melbourne with Altara for B737 & A330 operations.
QF747438 is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2022, 13:20
  #371 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QF747438
😉 Qantas International Assessment days have ceased for now. With the continuous recruitment from January, they have more applications on hold than positions that will be offered to those candidates that are successful to job offer stage. Qantas are still recruiting short haul casual FAs in Melbourne with Altara for B737 & A330 operations.
So…..some of us maybe not a successful candidate perhaps?? The water competency assessment just got me excited for nothing T_T
Jackal717 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 00:20
  #372 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danigirl
It's something they can get out of the way during this waiting period as it doesn't expire and the fact is if you don't pass you won't progress. Some of the ditching training requires being in a simulated ditching in actual water so cabin crew have to be able to swim. But it's still progress albeit slowly 🤞
Absolutely! I'd already completed mine in May so it was easy to forward to the Recruitment Team. Like you, I'm taking a positive spin and regarding it as an encouraging step forward for something to happen in 2022.Here's hoping!
FlyGuy22 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 01:37
  #373 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flighty12345
Thanks for the info, wonder why they would send me a questionnaire so late then? Especially as I applied within a day of it being advertised in Jan. I have a lot of flying experience including previous international flying so I'm feeling a bit disheartened. Fingers crossed ground schools start happening for those people who've progressed on here so there's hope for those of us who are still waiting to get an assessment day.
Workforce planing and forecasting for crew levels change almost daily. Qantas also commenced Long Haul recruitment for Jetconnect NZ and QFCCUK which now have commenced CCI training at least 3 CCI Jetconnect currently training for Qantas International operations. With these factors and current outlook reductions in initial QCCA numbers will occur. Once they short list the current active hold pool with the selected candidates for job offers, they may need to interview again for updated talent from the application list they have.
QF747438 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 05:59
  #374 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview again…?
Jackal717 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 06:11
  #375 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 64
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QF747438
Workforce planing and forecasting for crew levels change almost daily. Qantas also commenced Long Haul recruitment for Jetconnect NZ and QFCCUK which now have commenced CCI training at least 3 CCI Jetconnect currently training for Qantas International operations. With these factors and current outlook reductions in initial QCCA numbers will occur. Once they short list the current active hold pool with the selected candidates for job offers, they may need to interview again for updated talent from the application list they have.
Hi, QF747438,
may I ask how many people roughly there are on the internal's list?
and roughly how many people there are totally in the active holding pool?
any idea?
djw024 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 06:18
  #376 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 64
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else want to join our group chat?

we have all shifted to Instagram group chat, there are many many useful information we have exchanged and chatted about, beauty about IG group chat is that you can see all the chat history!!
if you are keen, please PM, PM! P!M! me your instagran account name and I will follow you on there.

Last edited by djw024; 24th Jun 2022 at 06:38. Reason: Typo
djw024 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 06:22
  #377 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djw024
we have all shifted to Instagram group chat, there are many many useful information we have exchanged and chatted about, beauty about IG group chat is that you can see all the chat history!!
if you are keen, please PM, PM! P!M! me your instagran account name and I will follow you on there.
I will PM you
Flighty25 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 09:49
  #378 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djw024
we have all shifted to Instagram group chat, there are many many useful information we have exchanged and chatted about, beauty about IG group chat is that you can see all the chat history!!
if you are keen, please PM, PM! P!M! me your instagran account name and I will follow you on there.
Thanks djw024 but I have to say it would be a real shame to divert discussions away from this forum. You can also see the all chat history here.

All info from what I have seen has been exchanged in really good faith and is not so easily tracked to our identity, unlike Instagram or other apps. While we're not employees of the company personally I'll prefer to keep things on here.
Mel2022QF is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 10:33
  #379 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 64
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Mel2022QF
Thanks djw024 but I have to say it would be a real shame to divert discussions away from this forum. You can also see the all chat history here.

All info from what I have seen has been exchanged in really good faith and is not so easily tracked to our identity, unlike Instagram or other apps. While we're not employees of the company personally I'll prefer to keep things on here.
I respect your opinon, and we are all also using this thread as well as the chat since its more instant and easy net working,\
we are all on the same boat and I wish everything in your end going well like the rest.
if there is anything I can help, please feel free to reach out and I will endeavor to help.
djw024 is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2022, 01:52
  #380 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Australia
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QF747438
😉 Qantas International Assessment days have ceased for now. With the continuous recruitment from January, they have more applications on hold than positions that will be offered to those candidates that are successful to job offer stage. Qantas are still recruiting short haul casual FAs in Melbourne with Altara for B737 & A330 operations.
Other than being a backup plan, would there be any advantage to applying for Short Haul Altara while we are waiting if we are already on the International hold pool for Melbourne base? ie. in terms of being considered as an internal transfer vs external if subsequently progressed for international from the hold pool?

Last edited by winglet30; 26th Jun 2022 at 04:24.
winglet30 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.