PPRuNe Forums


Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th Jul 2017, 09:07   #2101 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 14
Hi Everyone, I attended the AD in Sydney on Friday 9th of June. I progressed through Xref and security clearance (currently employed by QF in customer service) and am now on active hold. My email stated when I am contacted to re commence the process again my next step is medical. I have some questions for current flyers about motion sickness as I suffer from it sometimes. It isn't terribly bad and most fights are completely fine its just on some occasions. I have been told you get use to it is this correct? are there medications that crew are allowed to take and are there any tips that anyone can offer for motion sickness? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Last edited by rrabbits; 26th Jul 2017 at 12:51.
rrabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2017, 23:05   #2102 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elljack View Post
Flyingsyd im so sorry!!! did they say why?? I got another on hold email which was the exactly the same one but with another paragraph clarifying that I had completed and cleared the xRef stage so when the recruitment process does start again I will go straight through to security.
They had clarified this to me also yet now unsuccessful. They phoned yesterday to say there's around 200 people in the pool and they just don't have 200 positions over the next 12 months so they'd rather tell me now then wait 12 months..... all seems a little odd to me but it is what it is atleast I can focus on other avenues now without wondering " what if " good luck to everyone else
Flyingsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2017, 04:05   #2103 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingsyd View Post
They had clarified this to me also yet now unsuccessful. They phoned yesterday to say there's around 200 people in the pool and they just don't have 200 positions over the next 12 months so they'd rather tell me now then wait 12 months..... all seems a little odd to me but it is what it is atleast I can focus on other avenues now without wondering " what if " good luck to everyone else
Such a great attitude. Hang in their mate and keep trying. Goodluck for mext time
Dude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2017, 06:14   #2104 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
Hey everyone. Looks like a lot on hold at different stages. I'm actually not on hold at this time. I have politely asked for an update and been told Its still processing and on going and will be advised of the next stage within time.. something along those lines. I was at an assessment day in June. I can't speculate what this means but at least it's not a NO either. I'm just querying if anyone else around may be sitting where I am. I am not expecting any news anytime soon and wish everyone good luck in the process. The wait is well worth it.
Flying1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2017, 14:18   #2105 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying1984 View Post
Hey everyone. Looks like a lot on hold at different stages. I'm actually not on hold at this time. I have politely asked for an update and been told Its still processing and on going and will be advised of the next stage within time.. something along those lines. I was at an assessment day in June. I can't speculate what this means but at least it's not a NO either. I'm just querying if anyone else around may be sitting where I am. I am not expecting any news anytime soon and wish everyone good luck in the process. The wait is well worth it.
Thanks for the update
Dude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2017, 03:45   #2106 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude12 View Post
Thanks for the update
Your welcome. Sorry it's not overly helpful. Have a good week!
Flying1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2017, 06:17   #2107 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying1984 View Post
Hey everyone. Looks like a lot on hold at different stages. I'm actually not on hold at this time. I have politely asked for an update and been told Its still processing and on going and will be advised of the next stage within time.. something along those lines. I was at an assessment day in June. I can't speculate what this means but at least it's not a NO either. I'm just querying if anyone else around may be sitting where I am. I am not expecting any news anytime soon and wish everyone good luck in the process. The wait is well worth it.
What stage are you up to? I was at the assessment day in June and I'm currently sitting on active hold with background and security checks complete.
Cavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2017, 07:07   #2108 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavelle View Post
What stage are you up to? I was at the assessment day in June and I'm currently sitting on active hold with background and security checks complete.


Hi. Congrats that's great that you have those completed! I don't really know where I am up to besides - in progress. I completed x ref and then had my current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference. That process did take a while. Now I am still in progress but without being placed on hold. Have not done a security clearance as of yet.
Flying1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 01:33   #2109 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying1984 View Post
Hi. Congrats that's great that you have those completed! I don't really know where I am up to besides - in progress. I completed x ref and then had my current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference. That process did take a while. Now I am still in progress but without being placed on hold. Have not done a security clearance as of yet.
I think they are just sorting out details for ground schools. The fact you haven't been placed on active hold is kind of good though it means they are still progressing applications or sorting through them. hopefully we are all progressed soon!
Cavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 01:46   #2110 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavelle View Post
I think they are just sorting out details for ground schools. The fact you haven't been placed on active hold is kind of good though it means they are still progressing applications or sorting through them. hopefully we are all progressed soon!
That's how I see it too. Exciting for everyone when it starts moving forward again. Thanks for the positive words
Flying1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 02:27   #2111 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying1984 View Post
Hi. Congrats that's great that you have those completed! I don't really know where I am up to besides - in progress. I completed x ref and then had my current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference. That process did take a while. Now I am still in progress but without being placed on hold. Have not done a security clearance as of yet.
Hi Flying1984

'current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference' - are you an internal applicant?

Patiently waiting 'active hold' external applicant here
Tango90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 02:41   #2112 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango90 View Post
Hi Flying1984

'current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference' - are you an internal applicant?

Patiently waiting 'active hold' external applicant here
Hi. No I am external. I work for a different airline currently and did not have them down on x ref due to our strict reference policies. I did have to provide this information after x ref was completed and fortunately was able to provide it. I'm not in any hold pools at the moment I'm still waiting for my outcome or the next stage. Good luck to you I hope we all get good news soon.
Flying1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 07:01   #2113 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 39
Anyone in the know have an idea of when possible active holds be called. Both internal and external. Soo exciting
Dude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 12:23   #2114 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: MEL
Posts: 26
they called a internal hold applicant to offer a ground school today for october.
B767300x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 15:26   #2115 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by B767300x View Post
they called a internal hold applicant to offer a ground school today for october.
Oh lucky was it syd or melbourne. You are in trainning are u not. Are your trainners aware of when upcoming classes begin for full initials

Last edited by Dude12; 4th Aug 2017 at 08:13.
Dude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2017, 15:03   #2116 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbounre
Posts: 36
Anymore news ??on hold people
littleturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2017, 02:36   #2117 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleturtle View Post
Anymore news ??on hold people
No nothing
Dude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2017, 16:20   #2118 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 14
Hi everyone. I received my exciting phone call yesterday offering me a spot in the ground school commencing on the 27th of September. I am very shocked it has come around so soon. Very exciting 😊
rrabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2017, 06:36   #2119 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrabbits View Post
Hi everyone. I received my exciting phone call yesterday offering me a spot in the ground school commencing on the 27th of September. I am very shocked it has come around so soon. Very exciting 😊
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrabbits View Post
Hi everyone. I received my exciting phone call yesterday offering me a spot in the ground school commencing on the 27th of September. I am very shocked it has come around so soon. Very exciting 😊
Hey Rabbits!! Oh my gosh congratulations that was actually pretty quick! Well quick enough in QCCA recruitment time haha. You must be so excited and I'm so happy for you😊 I saw you mentioned earlier that you already work for QF, did they mention on the phone whether this was just for internal applicants? And do you mind me asking when you did your medical? Congratulations again!!!😄✈️✨
Efffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2017, 06:57   #2120 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 2
Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker first time poster haha so I thought I'd finally comment!

I was placed on active hold on 20th July after the background check stage. I have a few questions for anyone who has had their medical done in the past😊 Can anyone please let me know what the medical process is like in Sydney? One of the earlier comments said it was practically like a personal training session and I just want to be prepared if this is the same for Sydney haha! Also, do they take your BMI into consideration and would that decide whether you get the job or not if your BMI is slightly over what it should be? As long as youre fit and can fit in the jumpseat it shouldn't be an issue right?! ONE last question I promise!!! With the eyesight test, do they let you read the board with your glasses on?

Sorry for all of the questions but thank you so much in advance if any of you can help!

Fingers crossed we all get those medical emails really soon!!🤞🏼😊
Efffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41.


1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1