Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

Netjets Europe hiring FO's

Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Netjets Europe hiring FO's

Old 18th Aug 2018, 12:10
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Home
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
You need to have a PBN-endorsement on your current type, that's the main thing.

The starting salary will be above the one mentioned here and after 2 years you'll get even more. PPJN does not reflect the new figures from our CBA yet.
Mostly correct, a PBN/IR endorsement will do nicely. However, there may be suitable candidates who do not yet have a PBN endorsement. For example, if your previous type was not approved and your operator has derogation until 2020. All NetJets types are approved for PBN ops so as of 25 August all crew members must have a PBN endorsement.

The link provided in the add is good to obtain proof of theoretical knowledge training. The rest you would get during an Initial.

Suggest asking Kura to clarify if uncertain. This requirement should not be an issue for suitable candidates. It looks like an attempt to solve a regulatory task early in the process if you are not already PBN/IR endorsed.

it is certainly not BS so give CL 300 a good stiff ignoring to.

If applying, good luck. Looking forward to seeing new faces on the line.
Arthur1815 is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2018, 18:01
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Euroland
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
You need to have a PBN-endorsement on your current type, that's the main thing.

The starting salary will be above the one mentioned here and after 2 years you'll get even more. PPJN does not reflect the new figures from our CBA yet.
What is the new starting salary? I was told 56000 EUR starting salary and after 2 years it would go up to 64000 EUR.
Moonwalker is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2018, 14:05
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: london
Posts: 59
Are the taxes paid in Portugal or somewhere else? What’s the monthly take home after tax?
TugaFly is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2018, 15:14
  #64 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Far away from LA
Age: 99
Posts: 1,032
It is BS, since like said above, this is part of your initial type rating from the 25th of August, since you renew your IR as well.
I have IR-PBN on my previous type, but not on the new one, since the simulator was not approved for PBN checking, and, to date there is no exemption yet approved to do this in the plane ( it will come, but not yet.) As a consequence ( not at NJE) you may fly a plane certified to do RNP 0.3 and LPV's; but your simulator not, and stuck there into RNAV 5 and RNAV1.
CL300 is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2018, 17:56
  #65 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 410
First Officer (FO): EUR 58,500 - until the completion of 24 months of
employment, EUR 66,300 onwards
Tax at source paid in Portugal, however national taxes on top this may apply, depending on your country of residence. In the UK you pay regular taxes and NI.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2018, 18:54
  #66 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: bespin, the cloud city
Posts: 1,168
First Officer (FO): EUR 58,500 - until the completion of 24 months of
employment, EUR 66,300 onwards
Is that all-in or are there any more bits floating around?

PZ
papazulu is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2018, 20:57
  #67 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: london
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
Tax at source paid in Portugal, however national taxes on top this may apply, depending on your country of residence. In the UK you pay regular taxes and NI.
How much is the tax at source (percentage)?

Are the per diems tax free?

Thanks for your helpful info EMS
TugaFly is offline  
Old 19th Aug 2018, 22:14
  #68 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 410
Usually tax at source is 25%, I was under the impression this was the same everywhere. Per diems are tax free in some countries.

To be clear: if you are interested in an easy job and a quick upgrade then you'll be wrong here. 3 to 4 flights on many of your duty-days throughout the year, quite a few years on the right side. No overtaking career-wise, we are going back to 100% seniority. Some more changes coming up in the next 12 months, I'd say.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 06:46
  #69 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holding over GIPOL
Posts: 37
Are the per diem still only 70 EUR ?
oz_faf81 is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 11:27
  #70 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 410
Yes, as per PPJN.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 13:49
  #71 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Age: 42
Posts: 423
Originally Posted by papazulu View Post
Is that all-in or are there any more bits floating around?

PZ
Crew profit share is currently being restructured so not really sure what it will look like in years to come but you could probably expect 4000-6000 annual bonus. Other extras included loss of license/disability insurance, health insurance. Per diems are tax free expect for U.K crews where it is taxed (I think) at 5%.
There is also a rumour going around that they are looking at ways of offering empty ferry legs for family use though I can't personally see how that could ever work in any practical sense.

Overall, as an FO after a few years at the company you would expect the cash element to be around 75-80k and benefits in kind worth 5k plus.

The other big benefits are top notch training, huge ops support from HQ in Lisbon and a great bunch of folks to work and play with.

Bon chance.
buzzc152 is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 15:03
  #72 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 71
I'd love to fly for Netjets... but the 1500h total is too much for me...
I don't understand why a guy that have 1500h of SE like a C152 will be better than a guy that is just fresh from ATO...
Piloto Maluco is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 23:01
  #73 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Japan
Posts: 312
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
Usually tax at source is 25%, I was under the impression this was the same everywhere. Per diems are tax free in some countries.

To be clear: if you are interested in an easy job and a quick upgrade then you'll be wrong here. 3 to 4 flights on many of your duty-days throughout the year, quite a few years on the right side. No overtaking career-wise, we are going back to 100% seniority. Some more changes coming up in the next 12 months, I'd say.
In Portugal you receive 14 salaries per year.

55600(gross)/14 month= 3972-25%= 2979+1260(per diems approximately)=4239 per month;
2 years after
66300/14=4735-25%=3552+1260=4812

According to some comments,if you work one extra-day the company pays 450 more.

Correct?
trancada is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 23:03
  #74 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Japan
Posts: 312
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts! View Post
Usually tax at source is 25%, I was under the impression this was the same everywhere. Per diems are tax free in some countries.

To be clear: if you are interested in an easy job and a quick upgrade then you'll be wrong here. 3 to 4 flights on many of your duty-days throughout the year, quite a few years on the right side. No overtaking career-wise, we are going back to 100% seniority. Some more changes coming up in the next 12 months, I'd say.
What are the rumors , for these changes?
trancada is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2018, 09:53
  #75 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: london
Posts: 59
I thought that taxes in Portugal were 45% for annual salaries between 40,522 - 80,640?

I understand the job is 6 on / 5 off, is there any leave days on top of that?

Thanks
TugaFly is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2018, 12:45
  #76 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Blighty
Posts: 81
Tax is a personal responsibility, but as an EU resident (not going to say where), I pay my tax in Portugal at the non-resident rate = 25%
if you are resident in the UK, you pay your tax there. If you are resident in Portugal, you pay tax at the resident rate.

Many answers to your questions are here:Netjets Europe Conditions, but as I said, tax is a personal issue and you should take professional advice as I only know these three cases.

MOG
Miserable Old Git is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2018, 13:17
  #77 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: london
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by Miserable Old Git View Post
Tax is a personal responsibility, but as an EU resident (not going to say where), I pay my tax in Portugal at the non-resident rate = 25%
if you are resident in the UK, you pay your tax there. If you are resident in Portugal, you pay tax at the resident rate.

Many answers to your questions are here:Netjets Europe Conditions, but as I said, tax is a personal issue and you should take professional advice as I only know these three cases.

MOG
Thanks for the info MOG,

i was quite sure that the Portuguese tax rate for non habitual residents was 20% flat rate.

From what you said am I right to think that Netjets will pay you a gross salary and you will pay your taxes?

Thanks
TugaFly is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2018, 14:27
  #78 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Age: 42
Posts: 423
Originally Posted by TugaFly View Post


Thanks for the info MOG,

i was quite sure that the Portuguese tax rate for non habitual residents was 20% flat rate.

From what you said am I right to think that Netjets will pay you a gross salary and you will pay your taxes?

Thanks
No. Netjets HR will pay you your nett salary and pay the taxes where
appropriate. However, any additional taxation in YOUR country of residence might be your responsibility.
buzzc152 is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2018, 18:09
  #79 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: France
Posts: 410
There used to be a reduced tax at source of 20%, but that went back up to 25% during the financial crisis. There are no signs that it is going to come down again.

In addition there are a few countries in Europe where residents will be taxed at their national rate, minus the tax paid at source in PT. Social security will be paid in the country of your residence - so your net pay will depend on the country you live in. As buzzc mentioned, Netjets will wire the net pay to your account, 12 times a year.

@trancada: I cannot comment on the rumours of possible changes, I hope you understand. The only "positive" thing that can mentioned is that we are losing more pilots than expected and there are less pilots that would like to work for us (under the current conditions) than we thought. You'll have to think for yourself what the outcome might be, right?


Let me be clear to all candidates: you won't get rich at Netjets, you won't be a captain quickly - those days are long gone. The pay is okay and the vast majority of crew members are here, because the enjoy the stable roster of 6/5 or 7/6 (longhaul fleet), the professional training and cockpit work (no cowboy-nonsense) and the camaraderie. If you are looking for a fast career and the big bucks, then NJE won't be your place to go to! If you don't mind becoming a F/O on a Phenom 300 or Citation XLS for the next 5 to 10 years, if you accept a moderate paycheck of 58,5k and later 66.3k EUR, if you enjoy hanging out with fellow crew members for 6 or 7 days in a row, if you don't mind flying 3 or 4 legs a day during most months of the year: yes, then NJE will be for you.
EatMyShorts! is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2018, 21:11
  #80 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: bespin, the cloud city
Posts: 1,168
Originally Posted by buzzc152 View Post


Crew profit share is currently being restructured so not really sure what it will look like in years to come but you could probably expect 4000-6000 annual bonus. Other extras included loss of license/disability insurance, health insurance. Per diems are tax free expect for U.K crews where it is taxed (I think) at 5%.
There is also a rumour going around that they are looking at ways of offering empty ferry legs for family use though I can't personally see how that could ever work in any practical sense.

Overall, as an FO after a few years at the company you would expect the cash element to be around 75-80k and benefits in kind worth 5k plus.

The other big benefits are top notch training, huge ops support from HQ in Lisbon and a great bunch of folks to work and play with.

Bon chance.
That's pretty exhaustive re. salary terms, thanks for your efforts.

5-6 years back I would have sold my mum to the devil in order to join NJE. I ended up instead selling my soul at an even cheaper price! Now on an aircraft that I hate (320), doing a frustrating + shambolic job (LOW LoCo!!!) for a ridiculous salary (which starts just now to show signs of improvement). Oh...there are also some bad news: I live in a fantastic country, truly blessed wx-wise, work with a great bunch of guys and gals and have some decent travel perks.

What puts me off is the long way to LHS and the ups and downs of the fractional/corporate market. The 320 is a sort of "life insurance" job-wise and command could be just 2 years away or so. No longer a spring chicken, I might be shooting myself in the foot or worse by making the wrong call at the right time...

Happy landings

PZ
papazulu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.