Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Freedom March Graham Hood

Old 10th Feb 2022, 20:15
  #121 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 351
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Break Right
Just from the last 12 months.
I wonder if those 751 that died from the vaccine thought it was worth it. They might of had better odds of surviving covid instead.
If you’re going to quote the TGA, you should probably keep reading…



OneDotLow is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 20:37
  #122 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SAUDI
Posts: 462
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by OneDotLow
If you’re going to quote the TGA, you should probably keep reading…


A bit more info please. I take it that the 51 mill quoted for vaccination is not world wide?
finestkind is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 20:40
  #123 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 287
Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
Snookered yourself eh??
Not really. Healthcare is regularly denied for people who have made poor life and health choices. Try being on the organ donor list for a liver, then admitting you still drink. Have a guess what decision the organ donor board makes in that circumstance. Reckon you get the liver?

Mass vaccination means the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed by idiots dying from COVID. It also means that other people attending hospital don't die because of a lack of resources available.. Like this guy
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...itals-are-full

But don't let me stop you from making the most impotent of arguments possible, bickering about health policy with a group of non health professionals. I foresee nothing but success with this solid gold strategy.

Love that you've 'done your research' though, that's excellent. I haven't, I must admit. Maybe you could help us out, given that you're now the resident medical expert.


das Uber Soldat is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 21:01
  #124 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
Expert? Where do I profess to be an expert? What I can do is read the experts work and make critical decisions (for me) based on that research, not mine, expert research.

Snookered yourself eh??
Bit of cherry picking? Or would you like to quote in context? The Snookered yourself comment was in regard to the reply, making presumptions about denial of care.

But anyway, I think you may be confused about the use of the term 'research' and some sort of right to be able to perform it. My research is reading the scientific research conducted by experts then making decisions based on the quality of the evidence. You know, who funded the research, who conducted the research etc.

So before you go off half cocked about bickering or some such garbage you could probably read the whole post and address it rather than pick out the juicy little tidbits that satisfy your agenda, you may then understand that my comments are my personal opinion of what's going on in society. Not some pseudo attempt at claiming expert status.
tossbag is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 21:58
  #125 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,789
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag

But anyway, I think you may be confused about the use of the term 'research' and some sort of right to be able to perform it. My research is reading the scientific research conducted by experts then making decisions based on the quality of the evidence. You know, who funded the research, who conducted the research etc.
.
Right here is where you disqualify yourself as a credible person. This showsa complete misunderstanding of how to think critically.
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 22:17
  #126 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,314
Received 387 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
Now we're getting to the crux of the mandates, pure communism dressed up nicely as socialism. But don't worry, we can demonise the 'nutjobs' even though the vast majority of protesters are reasonable people that don't fall victim to groupthink.

All you confirm is that a rational conversation can't be had with a leftwing Stalinist.
I think some people really need to look at the dictionary definition of Communism. All these mandates making billions for pharmaceutical corporations is exactly what Karl Marx desired. /s

Collective rights, no thanks, not for me.
Thats the thing with collective rights bro, you’re going to enjoy the benefits of them in Australia, like lower hospital waiting times, with our vaccine mandates whether you agree with them or not. The only way to escape them is live in a shack in the outback completely off the grid, or maybe move to the US.

Originally Posted by tossbag

Significant enough for those that want to make a choice on the matter.

In my reading, yes.
OK - let’s see what you’ve read about the dangers of these Covid vaccines? Please post some of the links.
dr dre is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 22:18
  #127 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Location Location
Posts: 60
Received 42 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
Right here is where you disqualify yourself as a credible person. This showsa complete misunderstanding of how to think critically.
Here and elsewhere in this thread is where you demonstrate the only rhetorical weapon you have to use is attacking the person making the argument; you won’t go near the argument itself, because you can’t.

The jig is up buddy.
twentyelevens is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 22:24
  #128 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Asia
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fundamentally why’s it hard to believe during a pandemic the worlds leading drug makers with unlimited government funding and support could not develop a pretty effective and safe vaccine ? Necessity is the mother of invention , during world war 2 some very smart people under pressure developed the radar , computers , vaccines and jet engines . I won’t mention the bomb but it apparently it saved lives ? Getting vaccinated is in my opinion the right thing to do for myself , family , heath system ( workers ) and getting the country back on its feet . Every generation has a percentage who have conscientiously objected to fighting be it a war or for better conditions . Think we are seeing our generations of objectors with this pandemic . It’s a privilege to have these rights and your country is now getting back on its feet , paid in full by people who did not object .
Torukmacto is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 22:29
  #129 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,314
Received 387 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by twentyelevens
Here and elsewhere in this thread is where you demonstrate the only rhetorical weapon you have to use is attacking the person making the argument; you won’t go near the argument itself, because you can’t.

The jig is up buddy.
No not really.

That user has made claims regarding vaccines and claims to have research to back them up, I bet we would all like to see that data first hand, if not then that poster is going to open themselves up for criticism.

So, let’s see this “research” please
dr dre is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 22:31
  #130 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
Vaccination rates are now at 95% first dose, 93% second dose and 43% booster in WA. The job is done. Yet the most draconian 'rules' are in WA. Why? You've got dream rates of vaccination.



OK, so vaccinated workers are not getting the covid? That's where your argument falls apart.



Now we're getting to the crux of the mandates, pure communism dressed up nicely as socialism. But don't worry, we can demonise the 'nutjobs' even though the vast majority of protesters are reasonable people that don't fall victim to groupthink.

Collective rights, no thanks, not for me.



So all of the 'nutjobs' are 'muh rights' ranters are they?

All you confirm is that a rational conversation can't be had with a leftwing Stalinist.



Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to an obese person that chugs KFC for breakfast, Maccas for lunch and Dominos for dinner?

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to a type 2 diabetic that continues to drink 5 cans of coke a day and eats sausage rolls for brekky?

Do you support the withdrawal of healthcare to a smoker, a drug addict, a mentally ill person?

They are all making choices that affect their health outcomes.

No I don't, not for any of those groups including the unvaccinated. Snookered yourself eh??
I love it when antivaxxers compare themselves with the obese, diabetics, smokers, drug addicts and mentally ill people. They are at least partially correct in doing so.
I also love how they always seem to not be against vaccines, as in: I’m not an antivaxxer, BUT….
Funny how the posters with the fewest number of posts always show up as the most active antivaxxers on the net. We know this is organized, and the moment the «sheep» argument shows up, we know who we are dealing with.

Vaccinated people rule. All you can do is make noise.
ManaAdaSystem is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2022, 22:52
  #131 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,789
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by twentyelevens
Here and elsewhere in this thread is where you demonstrate the only rhetorical weapon you have to use is attacking the person making the argument; you won’t go near the argument itself, because you can’t.

The jig is up buddy.
No, you exacley make my case. This was in response to saying WHO the data came from was a factor in whether to think the data was accurate- it isn't. I was aying "who funds the data" is exactley what you accuse me of- attacking the reporter not the data.

Now, of course, you attack me without addressing my argument....
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 00:27
  #132 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 359
Received 118 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
No, you exacley make my case. This was in response to saying WHO the data came from was a factor in whether to think the data was accurate- it isn't. I was aying "who funds the data" is exactley what you accuse me of- attacking the reporter not the data.

Now, of course, you attack me without addressing my argument....
Statistically, being 100% wrong at two attempts to spell a particular commonly used word is not great for your credibility…….but it is a divergent thread so you'll probably get away with it.


C441 is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:09
  #133 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,789
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
Statistically, being 100% wrong at two attempts to spell a particular commonly used word is not great for your credibility…….but it is a divergent thread so you'll probably get away with it.
What exacery are you implying ??
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:14
  #134 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Location Location
Posts: 60
Received 42 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
No, you exacley make my case. This was in response to saying WHO the data came from was a factor in whether to think the data was accurate- it isn't. I was aying "who funds the data" is exactley what you accuse me of- attacking the reporter not the data.

Now, of course, you attack me without addressing my argument....
The “I know you are but what am I” defence is best left behind in the very school grade in which you learn how to spell exactly.

I realise I’m being harsh, but like me, I reckon a lot of people are fed up with people making ad hominem attacks on colleagues and fellow Aussies while claiming some sort of self granted moral high ground.

As I said before, the jig is up buddy.
twentyelevens is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:29
  #135 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,314
Received 387 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by twentyelevens

I realise I’m being harsh, but like me, I reckon a lot of people are fed up with people making ad hominem attacks on colleagues and fellow Aussies while claiming some sort of self granted moral high ground.

.
You want to talk about ad hominems, I've been called a Communist and a Stalinist by people with no understanding what those terms mean.

I'll dispute the majority of people are fed up with those promoting vaccine mandates. 96% of Australians have gotten vaccinated, and whilst that doesn't necessarily mean they all support a mandate, I'm going off the fact the opportunity people have to voice their displeasure at the mandates, these anti vax rallies, are only populated by the usual nutjobs. The majority of people, 71% to 14%, supported Djokovic being kicked out of the country, there doesn't also seem to be any increase in support for the two anti vaccine parties, the UAP and One Nation, garnering a grand total of 1% and 3.5% polling support respectively. Which surprises me because given the amount of vastly annoying UAP ads I see smeared across TV and the internet I would've expected more support for the dingbat duo of Palmer and Kelly.

Opinion polls also show majority support for vaccine mandates from a range of things like entering shops to sporting events to air travel.
dr dre is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:32
  #136 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
Right here is where you disqualify yourself as a credible person. This showsa complete misunderstanding of how to think critically
What??? Goodonya champ!
tossbag is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:37
  #137 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
I think some people really need to look at the dictionary definition of Communism.
Or we could look at the colloquial definitions, the ones that evolve, the ones that people understand.

Thats the thing with collective rights bro, you’re going to enjoy the benefits of them in Australia, like lower hospital waiting times, with our vaccine mandates whether you agree with them or not. The only way to escape them is live in a shack in the outback completely off the grid, or maybe move to the US.
I'm not your bro or your comrade. How did you know I moved?
tossbag is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:39
  #138 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Location Location
Posts: 60
Received 42 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
You want to talk about ad hominems, I've been called a Communist and a Stalinist by people with no understanding what those terms mean.

I'll dispute the majority of people are fed up with those promoting vaccine mandates. 96% of Australians have gotten vaccinated, and whilst that doesn't necessarily mean they all support a mandate, I'm going off the fact the opportunity people have to voice their displeasure at the mandates, these anti vax rallies, are only populated by the usual nutjobs. The majority of people, 71% to 14%, supported Djokovic being kicked out of the country, there doesn't also seem to be any increase in support for the two anti vaccine parties, the UAP and One Nation, garnering a grand total of 1% and 3.5% polling support respectively. Which surprises me because given the amount of vastly annoying UAP ads I see smeared across TV and the internet I would've expected more support for the dingbat duo of Palmer and Kelly.

Opinion polls also show majority support for vaccine mandates from a range of things like entering shops to sporting events to air travel.

Sorry you feel the need to play the victim card. I have no doubt you understand more than most what it is to be a Stalinist and a Communist.

I’m happy that you take comfort in your polls. At this stage, what else have you got.

Cheers,
twentyelevens is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:41
  #139 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
That user has made claims regarding vaccines and claims to have research to back them up, I bet we would all like to see that data first hand, if not then that poster is going to open themselves up for criticism.
Are you seriously suggesting that data doesn't exist as to the side effects of this vaccine?? Man, you really have spent too much time in Daddy McGowan land. Even your comrade Palaszczuk got a bit hysterical about it all.
tossbag is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2022, 01:45
  #140 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
I love it when antivaxxers compare themselves with the obese, diabetics, smokers, drug addicts and mentally ill people. They are at least partially correct in doing so.
I also love how they always seem to not be against vaccines, as in: I’m not an antivaxxer, BUT….
Funny how the posters with the fewest number of posts always show up as the most active antivaxxers on the net. We know this is organized, and the moment the «sheep» argument shows up, we know who we are dealing with.

Vaccinated people rule. All you can do is make noise.
Oh dear, I just love it when a pro vaxxer compares themself to an illiterate person. Did you not read the bit where I'm vaccinated and boosted?

Organised? paranoid much?
tossbag is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.