Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Freedom March Graham Hood

Old 8th Feb 2022, 04:29
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 223
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot View Post
Ok, I watched it. He seems fairly reasonable there, but he can't see how the politicians are playing him. 35 or 50 years as a pilot isn't the same skillset as a few years in politics. It looks like he genuinely believes he is trying to do what he thinks is the right thing, but he's a minnow surrounded by sharks in Canberra, thinking he's the shark and they are all swimming alongside him to be his friend. That said, if you only come across as unhinged in some videos and not others, that isn't a great recommendation. Regarding that bet about him sitting down with the PM, are you up for it? If you aren't keen to divulge your personal details to collect a win, I'm happy to make a $50 donation to the charity of your choice and publish the receipt here if I lose.

What are your thoughts on GH wearing the company wings with the logo?

Australopithecus - I think a fair few of us are in the same boat, I've sadly seen friends and highly skilled colleagues, not necessarily religious either, fall for all kinds of misinformation that leaves them isolated, angry and unemployed or damaging their prospects. It's obvious from the outside, but they go down the rabbithole and each layer of the conspiracy only makes sense if the next one is true too, as they self-radicalise thinking they are discovering "the truth".

Even one of two of the phrases from Bend alot's linked video of Graham Hood are reflective of key phrases in the Qanon conspiracy, whether GH realises it or not, and given the number of people marching with Qanon slogans and references, there are obviously a fair number of people in the crowd who do believe in that stuff, along with Ustaše flags - the flag of the Croatian fascists who ran their own concentration camps and massacred Serbs. So Graham Hood is talking about loving people even when you disagree with them, while a chunk of the crowd who he speaks to and walks beside wave fascist flags and chant about how the politicians are carrying out a genocide, and how the Nazis who committed genocide were hung.
De_flieger is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 05:23
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,923
Likes: 0
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
I've sadly seen friends and highly skilled colleagues, not necessarily religious either, fall for all kinds of misinformation
Like King of the Mountain, Peter Brock, with his Energy Polarizer (a plastic box filled with a pair of magnets separated by some crystals embedded in epoxy resin) that was supposed to make your car perform better, his promotion of it ruined his career.
megan is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 06:29
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Around
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot View Post
I would have money on Mr Hood getting a seat at the table with the PM for discussions this week
Hahahaha yeah sure

This is the kind of blind, delusional stupidity that permeates the ranks of these useless drongos.
Hamley is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 06:48
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: in a bubble
Posts: 86
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've just logged back into PPRuNe after half a decade away from this hell hole of a forum just to laugh at the guy who is offering $50 for the idea what Hood will get a sit down with Scomo.

I'll take that bet double or nothing.
onezeroonethree is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 07:08
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Up there.
Posts: 250
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, he is broadcasting live videos from inside Parliament House so he may just see a few people here lose their bets!
Dookie on Drums is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 07:32
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Australia/India
Posts: 4,647
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I expect Scotty will be laying out the red carpet for Craig Kelly and co, as we speak. Probably crack open the bar fridge as well. (What happened to the QF uniform?)

Last edited by Lead Balloon; 8th Feb 2022 at 07:42.
Lead Balloon is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 08:00
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 884
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I love getting ridiculed on here.

Inside Parliament house (as you can see in the video above) & letter of demands submitted to the Government.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 08:08
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 884
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by onezeroonethree View Post
I've just logged back into PPRuNe after half a decade away from this hell hole of a forum just to laugh at the guy who is offering $50 for the idea what Hood will get a sit down with Scomo.

I'll take that bet double or nothing.
Name that guy! and copy and paste the bet he made.

I think you will find - you made a mistake.

That gave me a laugh too.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 08:24
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,937
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot View Post
I love getting ridiculed on here.

Inside Parliament house (as you can see in the video above) & letter of demands submitted to the Government.
Just checking you're aware of how our system of government works. In order to influence policy you need to do more than sit in a crackpot crossbencher's office while he types an email.

There's 76 members of the Senate and 151 in the House of Representatives. You need a majority to pass legislation in both.

There's 7 Senators who'll support measures like this, One Nation's Bill from last year with their two members (Hanson and Roberts), 4 LNP (Antic, Canavan, Rennick, Fierravanti-Wells) and one on the crossbench (McMahon). There's about two in the House, Kelly and Christensen. So out of 223 members there's a total of 9 members who'd support measures like this. That's around 4%. Which matches the amount of Australian adults who have chosen not to receive a Covid vaccine.

This is also known as a "incredibly small but noisy minority". So my point stands, these people will have no bearing on any policy announced by the government or the opposition if they win the next election. Craig Kelly, now he's an independent, will almost certainly lose his seat at the next election so the best any of these anti vaccine protesters can hope for is to join Craig on his Sky News After Dark program he will probably host after he loses his seat.
dr dre is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 09:12
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 70
Posts: 1,480
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all seriousness, regardless of whether you are individually for or against the vaccinations and the ensuing reduction in ‘some’ freedoms, the changes that have been introduced by Federal government have been legislated. They are within the law. The government will not reverse those new laws, laws that do give the government of the day some additional powers. Nup. No way. Those laws are here to stay. Governments don’t like to repeal laws, the more laws that they have on file the more wriggle room that they have and the more measures they can use against you if and when required.

Protesting against these new legislated rules is as useful as driving a car with square tyres. It’s a long shot, it might seem plausible, but at the end of the day it just isn’t going to be successful.

Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 09:18
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Al's Diner
Age: 63
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergency declarations under the bio security act are not something debated or enacted by parliament. The Governor General gives approval for the health minister to exercise extraordinary powers to deal with public health threats.

I don’t know how you can demand parliament pass a bill either?

Potsie Weber is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 09:30
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,937
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Potsie Weber View Post
Emergency declarations under the bio security act are not something debated or enacted by parliament. The Governor General gives approval for the health minister to exercise extraordinary powers to deal with public health threats.

I don’t know how you can demand parliament pass a bill either?
At the end of the day there's probably hundreds of "demands" presented to governments by fringe groups each month in Australia, with a rough percentage of zero of them ever finding their way into law or government policy.

Just because a former member of the profession is involved in one of these fringe groups doesn't suddenly make this particular fringe group more likely to have their "demands" listened to.
dr dre is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 09:39
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 884
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre View Post
Just checking you're aware of how our system of government works. In order to influence policy you need to do more than sit in a crackpot crossbencher's office while he types an email.

There's 76 members of the Senate and 151 in the House of Representatives. You need a majority to pass legislation in both.

There's 7 Senators who'll support measures like this, One Nation's Bill from last year with their two members (Hanson and Roberts), 4 LNP (Antic, Canavan, Rennick, Fierravanti-Wells) and one on the crossbench (McMahon). There's about two in the House, Kelly and Christensen. So out of 223 members there's a total of 9 members who'd support measures like this. That's around 4%. Which matches the amount of Australian adults who have chosen not to receive a Covid vaccine.

This is also known as a "incredibly small but noisy minority". So my point stands, these people will have no bearing on any policy announced by the government or the opposition if they win the next election. Craig Kelly, now he's an independent, will almost certainly lose his seat at the next election so the best any of these anti vaccine protesters can hope for is to join Craig on his Sky News After Dark program he will probably host after he loses his seat.
We have seen the "Fringe Minority" at work in Canada.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 09:44
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 884
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377 View Post
In all seriousness, regardless of whether you are individually for or against the vaccinations and the ensuing reduction in ‘some’ freedoms, the changes that have been introduced by Federal government have been legislated. They are within the law. The government will not reverse those new laws, laws that do give the government of the day some additional powers. Nup. No way. Those laws are here to stay. Governments don’t like to repeal laws, the more laws that they have on file the more wriggle room that they have and the more measures they can use against you if and when required.

Protesting against these new legislated rules is as useful as driving a car with square tyres. It’s a long shot, it might seem plausible, but at the end of the day it just isn’t going to be successful.
Think you are confused between state and federal, and that one overrides if there is a discrepancy.

But if I am wrong point me to a government link on that.

P.S Show Qantas has a Federal Mandate for a vax policy.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 10:16
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really do feel sorry for Mr Hood, I personally know of someone else who lost their aviation job for much the same reasons, a genuinely nice person with a good sense of humour who had it all but for his own reasons refused the jab so was let go. This resulted in him going down a path into a really dark place which had us all concerned because it was totally unexpected, thankfully there are signs that the darkness is ebbing and I really do wish him the best with getting back to normal.

The snide remarks and attacks made by cowardly and smug posters on here against Mr Hood are just deplorable, he actually needs to be engaged in a supportive way rather than belittled which just adds fuel to his fire.

96% of Australians 16+ have had at least one dose of a vaccine. 85% of Canadian truck drivers have too.
And that's the point, why do we need to persist with restrictive rules when the uptake on vaccination has already been well patronised? What are the rule makers trying to achieve when even the WHO themselves say 100% vaccination rate on a global scale is impossible to achieve. Even, 85% of people affected with Covid-19 don't need hospitalisation.

The Pfizer mRNA Covid-19 vaccine had its origins in cancer treatment, and the similarities of that treatment with not curing cancer but just delaying the inevitable rings true with how Covid-19 vaccines effectiveness diminishes over time requiring the need for constant boosters. Israel is already applying booster shot #4 and some Australian State Governments are considering redefining the condition of fully vaccinated to be 3 doses. And they have just stopped reporting the vaccinated status of the dead because the double vaccinated have overtaken the death rate of the unvaccinated, in fact they have just stopped releasing the vaccinated status of the dead in Australia with no reasons given.

I'm not taking the anti-vax stance, I'm simply questioning why we still need all these restrictive rules which don't appear to be working in a health and well being sense.

A family acquaintance of ours recently contracted Covid-19 along with his girlfriend. Both of them are in their mid-50's, obese, heavy smokers all their lives, lived rather idle lives, and both unvaccinated. Based on all the hype we were sure they were goners, but besides feeling like crap for a week nothing else happened to them and they are now completely over it with no side effects.

I feel the Covid-19 rule book is no longer serving its purpose and is way overdue to be thrown out, which has to happen one day, the sooner the better. This is how we get back to a normal life, not by vilifying the unvaccinated or segregating people based on a vaccine treatment that is so variable in its effectiveness.
cameltruck is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 10:36
  #56 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 884
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had it too, as most my work mates and family.

18-65 years - Non vaxed to 3 jabs - we all had it about the same.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 11:03
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Timbuktoo
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Father Hoody

PPPraise the Lord! He’s unhinged.
brokenagain is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 11:12
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cans
Posts: 125
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dookie on Drums View Post
Well, he is broadcasting live videos from inside Parliament House so he may just see a few people here lose their bets!
https://youtu.be/oEuEPKQh0-0
sitting in Craig's office with no idea that their visitors passes under current rules don't let them go anywhere else, they were never getting near any other office in that building after the failed furniture salesman(and PM's captains pick) let them in
hillbillybob is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 11:19
  #59 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 884
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
LOL they did deliver the letter.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 11:23
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 884
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So you are a Doctor?

Or need a Jab For a Job?

Certainly it is not a medical thing for most "MOST".

But correct me.
Bend alot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.