PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom March Graham Hood
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2022, 09:16
cameltruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really do feel sorry for Mr Hood, I personally know of someone else who lost their aviation job for much the same reasons, a genuinely nice person with a good sense of humour who had it all but for his own reasons refused the jab so was let go. This resulted in him going down a path into a really dark place which had us all concerned because it was totally unexpected, thankfully there are signs that the darkness is ebbing and I really do wish him the best with getting back to normal.

The snide remarks and attacks made by cowardly and smug posters on here against Mr Hood are just deplorable, he actually needs to be engaged in a supportive way rather than belittled which just adds fuel to his fire.

96% of Australians 16+ have had at least one dose of a vaccine. 85% of Canadian truck drivers have too.
And that's the point, why do we need to persist with restrictive rules when the uptake on vaccination has already been well patronised? What are the rule makers trying to achieve when even the WHO themselves say 100% vaccination rate on a global scale is impossible to achieve. Even, 85% of people affected with Covid-19 don't need hospitalisation.

The Pfizer mRNA Covid-19 vaccine had its origins in cancer treatment, and the similarities of that treatment with not curing cancer but just delaying the inevitable rings true with how Covid-19 vaccines effectiveness diminishes over time requiring the need for constant boosters. Israel is already applying booster shot #4 and some Australian State Governments are considering redefining the condition of fully vaccinated to be 3 doses. And they have just stopped reporting the vaccinated status of the dead because the double vaccinated have overtaken the death rate of the unvaccinated, in fact they have just stopped releasing the vaccinated status of the dead in Australia with no reasons given.

I'm not taking the anti-vax stance, I'm simply questioning why we still need all these restrictive rules which don't appear to be working in a health and well being sense.

A family acquaintance of ours recently contracted Covid-19 along with his girlfriend. Both of them are in their mid-50's, obese, heavy smokers all their lives, lived rather idle lives, and both unvaccinated. Based on all the hype we were sure they were goners, but besides feeling like crap for a week nothing else happened to them and they are now completely over it with no side effects.

I feel the Covid-19 rule book is no longer serving its purpose and is way overdue to be thrown out, which has to happen one day, the sooner the better. This is how we get back to a normal life, not by vilifying the unvaccinated or segregating people based on a vaccine treatment that is so variable in its effectiveness.