Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Qantas Short Haul 2019 EA Negotiations (EA 8)

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Qantas Short Haul 2019 EA Negotiations (EA 8)

Old 11th Jul 2019, 03:16
  #81 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SYD
Posts: 24
Who or what is a professional negotiator? Someone please provide a name and link to the website or qualifications of such a person and then please explain precisely how they would get a better deal.
Vindiesel is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 03:44
  #82 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 169
Google Industrial Relations Negotiators I’m sure you’ll find a few pages of companies that specialise in this field. What they do is take the emotion out of it, and look at the long game.
engine out is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 04:41
  #83 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by Vindiesel View Post
Who or what is a professional negotiator? Someone please provide a name and link to the website or qualifications of such a person and then please explain precisely how they would get a better deal.
There are whole subjects at universities devoted to the topic. Itís a speciality and understanding the techniques, tactics, emotions and other variables, a proper negotiator will get a better deal than you and I.

For example the New Zealand union sent their negotiators overseas and gave them proper training. Coming home with experience to do integrative (increasing the pie) negotiating rather than distributive (fighting for a larger slice of the pie), ANZ happily tried it, whereas Jetstar would only negotiate distributively.

Done correctly a integrative negotiation usually leads to both parties being happy with the deal rather than both parties usually being left disappointed with a distributive negotiation.
Sparrows. is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 06:02
  #84 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 73
Emphatic +1 for the professional negotiators; this is amateur-hour stuff and frankly, a disgrace.

Is anyone going to mention the international flying elephant in the room? The one that AIPA left out of their summary?
ConfigFull is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 06:31
  #85 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 146
Is anyone going to mention the international flying elephant in the room? The one that AIPA left out of their summary?
​​​​​​​well....what on earth are you going on about? 🧐
crosscutter is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 08:32
  #86 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 299
While doing the suggested Google search for professional negotiators, most of the results were for courses to help businesses combat the good negotiators that unions provide.

Also found this link: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-becom...nal-negotiator

Essentially it says that the best negotiators are those who are already subject matter experts who then learn specific negotiation skills.
theheadmaster is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 09:31
  #87 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The place to be
Posts: 6
I want to know why we are talking about super and allowances as total gross. At JQ our payslips are different so our Gross salary doesn't include any of that. As level 3 FO i did 178k plus allowances and plus super. East coast working harder so their gross would be around 200 plus

Last edited by GApilut; 11th Jul 2019 at 11:21.
GApilut is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 01:25
  #88 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by GApilut View Post
I want to know why we are talking about super and allowances as total gross. At JQ our payslips are different so our Gross salary doesn't include any of that. As level 3 FO i did 178k plus allowances and plus super. East coast working harder so their gross would be around 200 plus
Thats awesome GA man, I am a QF737FO earning similar. Good to see champion.
ClearanceClarence1 is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 02:07
  #89 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by ClearanceClarence1 View Post


Thats awesome GA man, I am a QF737FO earning similar. Good to see champion.

I wonder how many WDOs GA man did for the year? To earn 200k out of SY I would be doing 90hrs+ a month plus living by the phone to get all the WDOs working my buttocks off.
Ragnor is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 08:48
  #90 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wellington
Posts: 123
So..when the inevitably gets voted down,and we miss out on our Bonus, where to from here Mr WW?
I thought it would be close to 60/40, but with no back pay..snowballs chance.
The 6 day pattern request is apparently they were looking at Darwin- Singapore- Mumbai.....
Street garbage is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 08:49
  #91 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wellington
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by What The View Post
Put your payslip away Nathan
I don't think it Nathan's, I think it's Ben's...
Street garbage is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 09:23
  #92 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sincity
Posts: 937
Originally Posted by Street garbage View Post
So..when the inevitably gets voted down,and we miss out on our Bonus, where to from here Mr WW?
I thought it would be close to 60/40, but with no back pay..snowballs chance.
The 6 day pattern request is apparently they were looking at Darwin- Singapore- Mumbai.....
SIN-BOM-SIN BOC 2 crew? Crikey
Vote no for that bollocks
maggot is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 13:13
  #93 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mars
Age: 15
Posts: 153
SIN-BOM-SIN BOC 2 crew?

2100nm. 10 hour max duty BOC so donít think thatís doable. Might be possible, but it would be very, very close.

For everyone reading whoís curious, a lot of whatís written here is flat out wrong. Ask guys who have been in SH awhile or read the award yourself and critically think about it. Too many LH guys are quick to comment on something they simply donít understand. Thatís not to say itís all beer and skittles, just to say, look at it yourself and work it out. Youíll then see the utter B S posted around. PM me if you want. Iíve been in SH longer than I care to remember, I can at least point you to the answer 🍺🍺
TineeTim is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 19:17
  #94 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 756
Sin-Bom-Sin on the 747 with relief was shattering you would want to go near that.
dragon man is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 01:35
  #95 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Unfortunately not the Orient
Posts: 189
SIN-BOM-SIN is almost exactly the same distance as PER-SIN-PER and it can’t be done as a return.
SandyPalms is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 13:16
  #96 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Hyperspace
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by TineeTim View Post
SIN-BOM-SIN BOC 2 crew?

2100nm. 10 hour max duty BOC so donít think thatís doable. Might be possible, but it would be very, very close.

For everyone reading whoís curious, a lot of whatís written here is flat out wrong. Ask guys who have been in SH awhile or read the award yourself and critically think about it. Too many LH guys are quick to comment on something they simply donít understand. Thatís not to say itís all beer and skittles, just to say, look at it yourself and work it out. Youíll then see the utter B S posted around. PM me if you want. Iíve been in SH longer than I care to remember, I can at least point you to the answer 🍺🍺
tinee - just because you are right, doesnít mean they care or want to listen.

the LH EA is an archaic agreement holding back many careers to favour a few Senior fat cats ( youíll be where I am one day sonny......)
Arthur D is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 13:37
  #97 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Unfortunately not the Orient
Posts: 189
The SH contract restricts international ops to the equator (with exception of SIN) so BOM canít be done by SH crew.
SandyPalms is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2019, 00:25
  #98 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sydney
Age: 55
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by SandyPalms View Post
The SH contract restricts international ops to the equator (with exception of SIN) so BOM canít be done by SH crew.
You do understand this is an EA negotiation? Perhaps that restriction has been lifted.
Tankengine is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2019, 01:09
  #99 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by Tankengine View Post

You do understand this is an EA negotiation? Perhaps that restriction has been lifted.
Such a substantive amendment to an existing agreement ought in the first instance have been communicated to the pilot membership.
Has it occurred?

Rated De is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2019, 01:36
  #100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sydney
Age: 55
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by Rated De View Post
Such a substantive amendment to an existing agreement ought in the first instance have been communicated to the pilot membership.
Has it occurred?
Go to a roadshow and ask the question there. I am LH and not on top of all the SH news.
Whether a change like this is “substantive” or not is another issue.

Edit: after perusing another forum with a bit less rumour content this change is apparently a company ask.

Last edited by Tankengine; 14th Jul 2019 at 03:45.
Tankengine is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.