PDA

View Full Version : Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

travelgirl2602
30th Jan 2022, 05:06
Has anyone got a response back from their Qantas International Cabin Crew job application?

DJ1717
31st Jan 2022, 10:52
I have heard rejection letters after applying have started to be sent out. Have you heard any thing?

travelgirl2602
31st Jan 2022, 18:18
I have heard rejection letters after applying have started to be sent out. Have you heard any thing?

I haven’t heard anything yet. Hopefully soon.

DJ1717
3rd Feb 2022, 03:45
Questionnaire was sent out to me yesterday. I wonder whats next.

travelgirl2602
3rd Feb 2022, 03:47

what base did you apply for?

DJ1717
3rd Feb 2022, 03:50
Melb base. How about you?

travelgirl2602
3rd Feb 2022, 03:54
Melb base. How about you?

Brisbane base

DJ1717
3rd Feb 2022, 04:00
Hopefully you'll hear something soon

travelgirl2602
3rd Feb 2022, 04:07
Hopefully you'll hear something soon

Hopefully soon

skyisthelimit123
4th Feb 2022, 05:22
Applied for MEL base haven't heard anything at all yet.

DJ1717
7th Feb 2022, 03:16
Already recieved an unsuccessful application after doing just the questionnaire. Pretty disappointed I must say. Will try again next time.

travelgirl2602
10th Feb 2022, 05:19
That’s really disappointing. I have still heard nothing.

skyisthelimit123
11th Feb 2022, 02:35
Interesting that they have just re advertised for MEL and SYD yesterday… I know of a few people including myself who haven’t heard anything.

travelgirl2602
11th Feb 2022, 03:20
Interesting that they have just re advertised for MEL and SYD yesterday… I know of a few people including myself who haven’t heard anything.

I saw it was re advertised which is disheartening

skyisthelimit123
11th Feb 2022, 03:49
I saw it was re advertised which is disheartening

I guess no news is usually good news in airline recruitment from my experience. Just interesting they’d open it up again when I bet they have thousands of applications from January to go through.

travelgirl2602
15th Feb 2022, 03:09
Received rejection email. Not sure what they’ve looking for. Obviously not 11 years experience at Emirates.

danigirl
21st Feb 2022, 20:56

I got mine too end of Jan. Sent it in and got an auto response that it was received and then a computer generated response describing my "personality" which appeared positive but since then I've heard nothing? It's strange they have re advertised again? The next step is usually an invitation to an assessment day which is a group interview situation. Have you heard anything more?

Rebecca Marie
24th Feb 2022, 08:08
Still have not heard anything. Know of people across different bases who have already been offered positions and then good people with experience who have been turned away :(

i did. the questions and no reply since then. The waiting game is horrible

danigirl
25th Feb 2022, 04:59
i did. the questions and no reply since then. The waiting game is horrible
I've heard from a QF crew friend that they are looking to hire 1300 new cabin crew so hopefully the silence is just a reflection of the enormity of the applications and task ahead for what is probably a scaled down HR team. No news is good news in this case I hope 🤞

7A7
25th Feb 2022, 08:50
Hello everyone,

​​​​​​Just hang in there and be extremly patience.
Qantas had just announced their half yearly financial results and naturally it wasn't a good one.

3Q22 (January, February, March) their international flying is at 22% pre covid level

4Q22 (April, May, June) they're predicting it to be at 44%

On top of that they are experiencing a surplus of crew in long haul, until flying is at a good percentage they are in no hurry to recruit.
​​​​​
Worst thing is to hire people and not giving them work because there's not enough to go around.

From application to ground school it could take a good six months, or even longer.

Application to assessment = usually around 2-4 weeks, otherwise 2 - 10 plus weeks (most likely in this instance)
Medicals = 3 - 4 weeks
ASIC clearance = 6 to 8 plus weeks
​​Certificates (if you haven't got one already) eg, swimming, 1st aids, rsa = 1 to 3 days depending on what you're studying.

In mean time just continue what you're doing and build on those 'exceptional' customer skills.
It will come, slowly but surely it will.

Best of luck to all 👍🤞😄
​​​​​

danigirl
25th Feb 2022, 15:38
Hello everyone,

​​​​​​Just hang in there and be extremly patience.
Qantas had just announced their half yearly financial results and naturally it wasn't a good one.

3Q22 (January, February, March) their international flying is at 22% pre covid level

4Q22 (April, May, June) they're predicting it to be at 44%

On top of that they are experiencing a surplus of crew in long haul, until flying is at a good percentage they are in no hurry to recruit.
​​​​​
Worst thing is to hire people and not giving them work because there's not enough to go around.

From application to ground school it could take a good six months, or even longer.

Application to assessment = usually around 2-4 weeks, otherwise 2 - 10 plus weeks (most likely in this instance)
Medicals = 3 - 4 weeks
ASIC clearance = 6 to 8 plus weeks
​​Certificates (if you haven't got one already) eg, swimming, 1st aids, rsa = 1 to 3 days depending on what you're studying.

In mean time just continue what you're doing and build on those 'exceptional' customer skills.
It will come, slowly but surely it will.

Best of luck to all 👍🤞😄
​​​​​

Thank you so much. That all makes total sense and is reassuring.

skyisthelimit123
6th Mar 2022, 01:39
The position has been advertised for a 3rd time and yet no response from applying the 1st time..

danigirl
6th Mar 2022, 21:00
I received an email last week inviting me to an assessment day this week in Melb. I was given Wed or Thur morning to choose from. I don't know if there have been any other assessment days held this year or not but if people have already been offered positions as mentioned earlier in this chat then there must have been unless they are internals and there may be a different process. From previous experience (pre covid), assessment days are usually groups of between 30-40 people so it will take a while to get through successful applicants as they are most likely short staffed within the recruitment team. If you haven't heard anything yet then just sit tight. No news is good news in this case. It's going to be a long process. I went through all of this in 2019 and the process took 6 mths from application to being offered a base. Sadly covid came along before I could start GS and well - the rest is history. Good Luck 🤞

ready4takeoff123
7th Mar 2022, 03:50
The position has been advertised for a 3rd time and yet no response from applying the 1st time..

Hi, where do you see it being advertised a third time? Not on QF website… 🤔
Anyone from Brisbane here awaiting reply?

ready4takeoff123
7th Mar 2022, 05:01
I received an email last week inviting me to an assessment day this week in Melb. I was given Wed or Thur morning to choose from. I don't know if there have been any other assessment days held this year or not but if people have already been offered positions as mentioned earlier in this chat then there must have been unless they are internals and there may be a different process. From previous experience (pre covid), assessment days are usually groups of between 30-40 people so it will take a while to get through successful applicants as they are most likely short staffed within the recruitment team. If you haven't heard anything yet then just sit tight. No news is good news in this case. It's going to be a long process. I went through all of this in 2019 and the process took 6 mths from application to being offered a base. Sadly covid came along before I could start GS and well - the rest is history. Good Luck 🤞

That’s exciting 👏🏼 Good luck and hope it goes well. Keep us updated!

danigirl
7th Mar 2022, 22:11
Hi, where do you see it being advertised a third time? Not on QF website… 🤔
Anyone from Brisbane here awaiting reply?

It's on Seek. Was listed 3d ago for Melb & Syd. This is the 3rd time this year it's been listed. Hard to explain but there must be a reason. Perhaps Brisbane has been filled already. Did you have flexibility with your base request? Good luck. 🤞

ready4takeoff123
11th Mar 2022, 09:35
Already recieved an unsuccessful application after doing just the questionnaire. Pretty disappointed I must say. Will try again next time.

Hi, how soon after doing your questionnaire did you get an unsuccessful email? And do you feel like you know why you did? Sorry you didn’t get a better outcome! 👍🏼

Dreamergirl
11th Mar 2022, 18:44
Hey everyone!! Just thought I’d chip in let you all know that Qantas is definitely moving swiftly with the recruitment and mentioned on my assessment day (Wed 09/03) that they are holding assessment days for 4 weeks!! Explains the readvertising for sure! They expressed how excited they were to get everything up and going again but also mentioned the earliest training school will not be until August 2022 if that helps anyone ! Best of luck

skyisthelimit123
12th Mar 2022, 05:47
Thanks for the info! Feeling a bit disheartened that I haven’t had a response after it’s been 2 months from applying. During that time it’s been re advertised twice, feel like my application will just get lost under all the more recent ones.
I have a lot of flying experience and have worked on wide body previously.
hoping with all these assessment days that means I’ll hear something in the next few weeks.
Good luck everyone!

ready4takeoff123
12th Mar 2022, 07:37
Thanks for the info! Feeling a bit disheartened that I haven’t had a response after it’s been 2 months from applying. During that time it’s been re advertised twice, feel like my application will just get lost under all the more recent ones.
I have a lot of flying experience and have worked on wide body previously.
hoping with all these assessment days that means I’ll hear something in the next few weeks.
Good luck everyone!

I think no news is good news in this case!
Has anyone seen that Altara are advertising also for Qantas casual positions, but it doesn’t specify if international or domestic. The position is bne, syd and Mel base. Anyone apply?

Teritorrygirl
14th Mar 2022, 11:22
Can I apply for domestic if i get rejected for international? Or does the 12 months also apply for all QF jobs?

Rejoiner
15th Mar 2022, 21:47
Has anyone been asked to go for their medicals yet? Is it a phone call or email that you receive to tell you that you have been successful through to this stage?

electrokaco
16th Mar 2022, 00:41
Hi,

I applied to QantasLink Cabin Crew Sydney. I went to my Assessment Day and have done my XREF and ASIC last week but, I haven't heard back from QF at all. Does anyone know how long it takes for the next step and what the next step will be?

danigirl
16th Mar 2022, 01:33
Has anyone been asked to go for their medicals yet? Is it a phone call or email that you receive to tell you that you have been successful through to this stage?

Medicals are only valid for 3 months so you won't get asked to do that until you have progressed and cleared reference, background and security clearance. I believe you are asked to do the medical once you've been offered a ground school start date. That's what they told us at the assessment day.

Lucytheflighty
16th Mar 2022, 05:34
Hello!

Are all of the assessment days that have been conducted for internal applications? @danigirl @dreamergirl

All of us externals that I know that did the questionnaire have not heard anything back yet

Cheers

Rejoiner
17th Mar 2022, 00:19
Medicals are only valid for 3 months so you won't get asked to do that until you have progressed and cleared reference, background and security clearance. I believe you are asked to do the medical once you've been offered a ground school start date. That's what they told us at the assessment day.

Thank you for the info. Hopefully we will hear soon. From my understanding the first initial course is scheduled to commence late April.

I know of at least two externals who have been to assessment days. I don't think internal applicants are required to do assessment days, that was my experience applying internally previously.

I also know of external applicants going through the assessment days in both SYD and MEL. Many applications still to go through so hopefully the wait won't be too long for those still waiting. Would be great to hear if anyone gets a call for a confirmed GS start date. Fingers crossed!

Flighty27
17th Mar 2022, 03:00
[QUOTE=Rejoiner;11201088]Thank you for the info. Hopefully we will hear soon. From my understanding the first initial course is scheduled to commence late April.

I also know of external applicants going through the assessment days in both SYD and MEL. Many applications still to go through so hopefully the wait won't be too long for those still waiting. Would be great to hear if anyone gets a call for a confirmed GS start date. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE

I tried messaging you, but it won’t let me

my email is [email protected] if you could message me back there :)

danigirl
17th Mar 2022, 04:50
Hello!

Are all of the assessment days that have been conducted for internal applications? @danigirl @dreamergirl

All of us externals that I know that did the questionnaire have not heard anything back yet

Cheers

I am external. It was a few weeks before I was emailed after doing the questionnaire. I don't think internals have heard much yet for international. I believe assessment days are happening over the next 4 weeks. If you haven't had a rejection letter then just be patient. They would have had thousands of applications to process. It's a long process so no news is good news in this case. Good luck.

danigirl
17th Mar 2022, 04:52
I know of at least two externals who have been to assessment days. I don't think internal applicants are required to do assessment days, that was my experience applying internally previously.
yes that's my understanding too.

danigirl
17th Mar 2022, 04:58
[QUOTE=Rejoiner;11201088]Thank you for the info. Hopefully we will hear soon. From my understanding the first initial course is scheduled to commence late April.

I also know of external applicants going through the assessment days in both SYD and MEL. Many applications still to go through so hopefully the wait won't be too long for those still waiting. Would be great to hear if anyone gets a call for a confirmed GS start date. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE

I tried messaging you, but it won’t let me

my email is [email protected] if you could message me back there :)

we were told earliest GS for Melb would be August. The ASIC clearance can take up to 8 weeks.

Lucytheflighty
17th Mar 2022, 08:11
Interesting! Thank you danigirl

When did you receive the questionnaire? I received and completed mine on the 2th of February. No news since then, it's been a while...

Dreamergirl
17th Mar 2022, 19:24
🥺 I agree with danigirl and truly believe no news is always good news!! I applied 10/01/22 (external) - did my questionairre 02/02 and didn’t hear back till 01/03 for an assessment day booking! All you guys can do is try and get organised for your AD and gather aaall your documents like birthcert/passport/license/name changes etc along with RSA/firstaids with copies of all so that you’re fully prepared when you hopefully get that email 😍 it’s all about manifestation and positivity and understanding the looong process! I waited 6+ months in 2019 as well only to have covid rip everything away from everyone 💔 fingers crossed for you all beautiful humans xx

danigirl
17th Mar 2022, 22:26
Interesting! Thank you danigirl

When did you receive the questionnaire? I received and completed mine on the 2th of February. No news since then, it's been a while...

I've had the identical experience as Dreamergirl. Applied 12/1, received questionnaire 2/2, invited to assessment day 1/3. Attended AD 10/3. Progressed to XRef/background check 11/3. From experience I know there will be a long wait before I'm contacted again.

Perhaps the fact we both made it through this process in 2019 could be why our experience has been a little quicker or it could just be a coincidence or where we sit in the alphabet - who knows but they are making their way through the huge number of applicants, honestly in this case no news really is good news. It really is a loooong process. Hang in there 🤞🤞

electrokaco
18th Mar 2022, 00:07
I've had the identical experience as Dreamergirl. Applied 12/1, received questionnaire 2/2, invited to assessment day 1/3. Attended AD 10/3. Progressed to XRef/background check 11/3. From experience I know there will be a long wait before I'm contacted again.

Perhaps the fact we both made it through this process in 2019 could be why our experience has been a little quicker or it could just be a coincidence or where we sit in the alphabet - who knows but they are making their way through the huge number of applicants, honestly in this case no news really is good news. It really is a loooong process. Hang in there 🤞🤞

Good to hear that I am not the only one! I applied back in 2021, received a questionnaire a month after, then because of Covid's new wave I was put on active hold for about 10 months! I received an invitation for my AD the 28/02 and attended on 04/03. Progressed to Xref/ASIC background check 07/03 and I haven't heard anything since. Good luck everyone and please keep us posted if anyone progress any further :)

electrokaco
23rd Mar 2022, 03:15
Today 23/03 I received a call for my medicals, after the call I received the instructions directly by email and text message.

danigirl
27th Mar 2022, 10:06
Today 23/03 I received a call for my medicals, after the call I received the instructions directly by email and text message.

Did you apply for QF International or QantasLink? I expect it's a different process. Good luck I hope you've kept progressing. 🤞

Lucytheflighty
27th Mar 2022, 23:37
To the lucky and talented ones who have had an assessment day already: which documents did you have to bring for this day?

I want to be well prepared, thank you so much :)

TravellingFoodie
28th Mar 2022, 09:18
Hi all,
Like the rest of you I’m sure we are all in a similar position, so just wondering if anyone who attended the Sydney AD on 9/03/22 has any updates?
Since the AD my XREF has been completed (17/03/22) , as well as my ASIC (on the application status everything is ticked green, I have a card number and expiry date, not sure what date in particular it was approved but between the 17/03-22/03/22). Has anyone heard further from talent acquisition about medical or next steps ?
I know it can be a lengthy progress, but just want to see where others are at 😊

electrokaco
28th Mar 2022, 22:22
Did you apply for QF International or QantasLink? I expect it's a different process. Good luck I hope you've kept progressing. 🤞

Both! haha. Sydney base tho.

danigirl
28th Mar 2022, 23:46
Hi all,
Like the rest of you I’m sure we are all in a similar position, so just wondering if anyone who attended the Sydney AD on 9/03/22 has any updates?
Since the AD my XREF has been completed (17/03/22) , as well as my ASIC (on the application status everything is ticked green, I have a card number and expiry date, not sure what date in particular it was approved but between the 17/03-22/03/22). Has anyone heard further from talent acquisition about medical or next steps ?
I know it can be a lengthy progress, but just want to see where others are at 😊

I've had no contact since submitting xref & personal details for background check 2 weeks ago. I've been told from a current crew member that international are in no hurry as they don't expect things to pick up until after June. I imagine they are focusing on getting domestic crew trained first.

Millsdeandra em
29th Mar 2022, 02:30
Hi there!

i did my assessment day in Sydney last feb 24,2022. References and security checks are all sorted. Still waiting for the email re medicals. I have received an email from them saying that my application is progressing and that they will send me an email when ground schools are confirmed and they are looking into late april this year. So fingers crossed! Hipe we receive email re medicals soon!

Millsdeandra em
29th Mar 2022, 02:37
Hi there! When did you do your assessment? Did they also mention that ground schools will possibly commence late april?

keltip
29th Mar 2022, 22:10
Hi does anyone have tips or advice for the open day? What did you do? What should I prepare for? What worked?
I have the Qantas link open day next week, but also applied for international... Will this affect my chances? I would prefer international but not sure whether to specify this or treat them seperate.

Millsdeandra em
30th Mar 2022, 02:09
Hi does anyone have tips or advice for the open day? What did you do? What should I prepare for? What worked?
I have the Qantas link open day next week, but also applied for international... Will this affect my chances? I would prefer international but not sure whether to specify this or treat them seperate.

tips: dress in business attire, stay poised and always remember they are observing at all times. Smile and interact with other candidates in a friendly manner. Do your research about Qantas and take your time in answering. In the group discussion, they mostly want to see how you work with a team, so, be supportive and listen to eachother.

7A7
30th Mar 2022, 14:11
Hello everyone,

With so many jobs being advertised at the moment, thought I give a very general insights into the contracts and endorsement types.

International
This will be under QCCA (Qantas cabin crew Australia) contract.
A3330, A380, B787 endorsed

Domestic
Altara (contracted by Qantas to provide casuals for their domestic operations)
A330, B737 endorsed

Regional
Altara (contracted by National Jet Systems, to hire full timer for their regional operations)
717 endorsed

Qantaslink is a subsidery of Qantas and these crew are endorsed on the dashes.

Hope that helps someone, somewhere.
Best of luck to those who've applied 🤞😖🤞

Millsdeandra em
30th Mar 2022, 16:03
Hi there! Would be able to give me an idea how the roster looks for Qantas International? I currently work at the moment for a middle east airline and just wanted to compare!

Cieletoile
31st Mar 2022, 03:23
Hello everyone,

With so many jobs being advertised at the moment, thought I give a very general insights into the contracts and endorsement types.

International

Domestic
A330, B737 endorsed

Regional
Altara (contracted by National Jet Systems, to hire full timer for their regional operations)
717 endorsed

I'll also add that the Qantas Long-Haul (A380, A330, B787) and Short-Haul (B737) base in AKL (Jetconnect) is currently hiring and will be doing so for the next 12 months. Two Long-Haul ground schools are already scheduled to start in April, and one in the first week of May.

electrokaco
31st Mar 2022, 03:43
Hello everyone,

International

Domestic
A330, B737 endorsed

Regional
717 endorsed

Do Altara Cabin Crew members get Qantas staff benefits as well? Same salary/work conditions as Qantas staff?

Rebecca Marie
31st Mar 2022, 07:26
inhave started working with altara. I would not recommend it for anyone! It’s a mess and we are lucky to get any flights. Ground school is unpaid and the manager is unhelpful. Don’t consider it as an option
[

QUOTE=7A7;11207939]Hello everyone,

International

Domestic
A330, B737 endorsed

Regional
717 endorsed

Best of luck to those who've applied 🤞😖🤞[/QUOTE]

Rebecca Marie
31st Mar 2022, 07:28
no they don’t. Expect 9 weeks unpaid training and no benefits

Do Altara Cabin Crew members get Qantas staff benefits as well? Same salary/work conditions as Qantas staff?

7A7
31st Mar 2022, 08:36
Hi there! Would be able to give me an idea how the roster looks for Qantas International? I currently work at the moment for a middle east airline and just wanted to compare!
Hello,
Perhaps someone who is currently a long haul crew could provide more details?
Long haul is currently going through some changes so future rostering will be different.
From some sources, they get a generous amount of time off after a trip. eg 5 days Syd to LA trip, 5 days off. Rostering is usually done for 2 months.
One month has to be on call annually, again this was pre-covid things could change in the future for flexible rostering.

Maybe an existing crew could provide more details?

Hello,
As an employee of Altara working for Qantas, they will get 4 tickets per year.
Casuals are on wage, hourly. (Qantas domestic)
Full-timers are salaried, annually (National jet systems)

If you've got time to spare, feel free to have a read
Aircraft Cabin Crew Award 2020 (https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000047)

Best of luck everyone

TravellingFoodie
31st Mar 2022, 23:59
Just wondering what Qantas’ policy is with tattoos. I know you’re not allowed ones that are visible while wearing uniform, but if you do have some, would they let you remove them during the ground school, or wear a longer shirt to cover them while you get the removed ? (I have a small one on my wrist). I don’t want to jump the gun and go get it removed asap, if they are flexible with this etc. I have already had a consultation with a tattoo removal company and said it would only take around 8 weeks to have mine completely removed.

Thanks!

Cieletoile
1st Apr 2022, 01:17
Are there any internal applicants here?

love2fly2022
4th Apr 2022, 00:20
I’ve searched to try and find the grooming and appearance requirements for Qantas cabin crew but haven’t been able to find anything. I specifically want to know if nail polish is required? And are heels required or can flat shoes be worn?

Lucytheflighty
4th Apr 2022, 01:23
Good morning! :)

Anyone else who has not heard anything after completing the questionnaire? It's been two months since I did mine but I am starting to get a bit worried after some of you guys are doing the medicals already :uhoh:

electrokaco
4th Apr 2022, 03:50
Does anyone know how long it takes for HR to get back to you after medicals?

7A7
4th Apr 2022, 04:02
Just wondering what Qantas’ policy is with tattoos. I know you’re not allowed ones that are visible while wearing uniform, but if you do have some, would they let you remove them during the ground school, or wear a longer shirt to cover them while you get the removed ? (I have a small one on my wrist). I don’t want to jump the gun and go get it removed asap, if they are flexible with this etc. I have already had a consultation with a tattoo removal company and said it would only take around 8 weeks to have mine completely removed.
Thanks!

Hello TravellingFoodie,
Probably would be better just covering the tattoo with a long sleeves. If it's a small one on the wrist, a band aid over the top is probably enough to conceal.

Thanks!

Hello Cieletoile,
Externals first then internals.

I’ve searched to try and find the grooming and appearance requirements for Qantas cabin crew but haven’t been able to find anything. I specifically want to know if nail polish is required? And are heels required or can flat shoes be worn?
Thanks!

Hello love2fly2022,
Nails = clear, nude or french polish.
Shoes = low, 1-2 cm. High, 6-7cm. Flats could be worn during in flight service only.

Best of luck everyone

TravellingFoodie
4th Apr 2022, 10:02
Hey all!
It’s been 2 weeks since my XREF and security clearance has been done and I have just received an email saying I am progressing to the pre-employment medical. Anyone else?!
Does anyone know the specifics of what is in the medical?

Kuikymart
4th Apr 2022, 23:06
Hey all!
It’s been 2 weeks since my XREF and security clearance has been done and I have just received an email saying I am progressing to the pre-employment medical. Anyone else?!
Does anyone know the specifics of what is in the medical?

Hey, congrats on moving onto medicals 😊, when I have done my medical for aviation it was urine tests, blood tests, eye test, hearing test, coordination test, ecg test (not sure if required now). But it’s super easy and all the designated aviation examiners are all super nice (there not like a regular doctor)

I also have a question for you! When you recieved your medical email what’s the latest date you can get that medical! Do they give you a time frame of when you need to get it done ?

electrokaco
5th Apr 2022, 01:57
Yay! Congrats! The medicals are quite extensive (took me 1.5 hours to complete). They do a doping urine test, alcohol test, hearing, vision and some muscular/functional tests, but there are a lot of exercises involved! Other than lifting heavy objects, they do push-ups, side planks, squats, up and down the stairs, etc; so make sure you are wearing very comfortable clothes and even if you can, maybe prepare a little bit (I struggled a little bit with the push-ups)

TravellingFoodie
5th Apr 2022, 01:59
Thanks so much for that, very insightful! Do they let you do push-ups on your knees ?:) What is included in the vision test?
Many thanks for your response

TravellingFoodie
5th Apr 2022, 10:11
Hey, congrats on moving onto medicals 😊, when I have done my medical for aviation it was urine tests, blood tests, eye test, hearing test, coordination test, ecg test (not sure if required now). But it’s super easy and all the designated aviation examiners are all super nice (there not like a regular doctor)

I also have a question for you! When you recieved your medical email what’s the latest date you can get that medical! Do they give you a time frame of when you need to get it done ?

Hey Kuikymart!

I received the email yesterday ( 04/04/22) at around 7pm saying I have progressed and will shortly receive an email from the third party provider who does the assessments. I am yet to receive an email from them so hopefully I have that by the end of the week.

Rosey123
5th Apr 2022, 10:15
yes , internal applicant here , are you ?

Cieletoile
5th Apr 2022, 23:53
yes , internal applicant here , are you ?

Yeah, I am. Are you current crew as well?

nnxybh
6th Apr 2022, 20:09
Hey Kuikymart!

I received the email yesterday ( 04/04/22) at around 7pm saying I have progressed and will shortly receive an email from the third party provider who does the assessments. I am yet to receive an email from them so hopefully I have that by the end of the week.

I also received the same email around the same time and still waiting for Bodycare to contact me about the medicals. Fingers crossed they will by the end of the week.

Millsdeandra em
7th Apr 2022, 04:55
I also received the same email around the same time and still waiting for Bodycare to contact me about the medicals. Fingers crossed they will by the end of the week.

hi there!

ive also received an email around the same time and still waiting to hear from body care!

TravellingFoodie
7th Apr 2022, 09:15
Oh cool! Glad i’m not the only one. If I don’t hear by tomorrow afternoon I will most likely send the talent acquisition team an email. I don’t know if that is being too impatient but in the email it says “We would appreciate your timeliness in actioning this request”. So hopefully it comes soon

A38TY
7th Apr 2022, 11:59
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for Auscheck to clear after 5/6 weeks? Thanks!

JetsetCocker
8th Apr 2022, 08:32
Did anyone else receive an email following the questionnaire saying they were no longer recruiting for Brisbane due to operational changes? They offered me SYD AD - did anyone accept this and considering commuting? Thanks 😊

Millsdeandra em
8th Apr 2022, 14:20
Oh cool! Glad i’m not the only one. If I don’t hear by tomorrow afternoon I will most likely send the talent acquisition team an email. I don’t know if that is being too impatient but in the email it says “We would appreciate your timeliness in actioning this request”. So hopefully it comes soon

hi there! Keep us posted about their response when you can!

danigirl
8th Apr 2022, 22:38
Does anyone know if there will be any more assessment days for Melbourne base? I just applied recently however the ad says at the bottom that the positions are Sydney base? I ticked Melbourne as my preferred base.

I've been told by a current LH crew member that they have finished the Melbourne AD's until September. So I gather from that there will be more later in the year so if you don't get a rejection letter then hang tight as you may hear more in a few months. I imagine they need to sort through the current AD applicants and sort GS out. I imagine it's a massive logistical operation. It is such a long process but hang in there. No news is still good news in this case. Good luck.

Kuikymart
9th Apr 2022, 08:58
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for Aus Check to clear after 5/6 weeks? Thanks!

Hello! Auscheck can take 6-8 weeks. Sometimes less sometimes more. It takes along time for an asic card when I applied for mine, it took 8 weeks on the dot before they said the card was ready for printing. It’s been 5-6 weeks now so you should be in the all clear they would have contacted you a couple weeks ago if there was any issues.

good luck !!! ✈️😁

Kuikymart
10th Apr 2022, 01:50
Hey guys,

does anyone have an idea of when ground schools are starting (particularly Sydney) for Qantas international cabin crew ? ✈️😊

TravellingFoodie
10th Apr 2022, 03:09
Hey Kuikymart,
Have you heard from Bodycare yet ?

Kuikymart
10th Apr 2022, 03:37
Hey Kuikymart,
Have you heard from Bodycare yet ?

Hey travelling foodie!

Not yet, last thing I’m waiting on is for auscheck to complete there checks for the asic. Then I’m sure the medicals will start. Im just wondering when they have an idea for ground school as international travel is picking up in June.

have you done asic clearance yet / heard anything for medicals yourself ?

TravellingFoodie
11th Apr 2022, 01:55
Kuikymart All my checks have been done for Asic!
Last I heard was last Monday saying I have progressed to pre employment medicals, but I still haven’t heard from Bodycare, so I think I’ll send the Qantas talent team an email today as I don’t want to delay the process

Kuikymart
11th Apr 2022, 04:21
Last I heard was last Monday saying I have progressed to pre employment medicals, but I still haven’t heard from Bodycare, so I think I’ll send the Qantas talent team an email today as I don’t want to delay the process

Hey travelling foodie!,

yea no harm in emailing I think. How long did asic take from application to finish for you? And are you doing international or domestic ? ✈️😁

Mel2022QF
11th Apr 2022, 05:15
Hey Travelling foodie, Yes I am in the same position, it's now been over a week since we were told to expect the medical questionnaire. Please let us know how you go!
I was happy to email the team as well but don't want to bombard them, so any info you gather would be great ;)

mnd
11th Apr 2022, 14:40

Hey,
Same here. I received a clear for my ASICS. I sent a follow up on the Thursday and they told me to wait as they are getting through the applications by date order for body care.

mnd
11th Apr 2022, 14:45

Hi Kuikymart,

Are we allowed to wear contacts if we require glasses ?

NelBel
12th Apr 2022, 02:43
Hey! I am new here but have been reading for the last week since i found these threads. I submitted my Qantas ID on the 21st March.
I have my ASIC result received 9th April and Auscheck result received 10th April and Final Qantas Security clearance status as ticked on the 11th April but next to HSE Status it says N/A and card printing says N/A. Is this normal? As i have not received any emails or missed calls as yet.

electrokaco
12th Apr 2022, 03:53
Hi "mnd",

I did my medicals and took my contacts and glasses to my appointment. They assessed me without any, then contacts and then glasses; so I cleared medical and allowed to use either.

NelBel
12th Apr 2022, 04:01
Hey!
I have received the Asic result and Auscheck result but was wondering did your HSE status and card ready printing change before your medical? Also how long did it take between receiving results from Auscheck and Asic to getting your medical?

Kuikymart
12th Apr 2022, 11:26
Hey!
I have received the Asic result and Auscheck result but was wondering did your HSE status and card ready printing change before your medical? Also how long did it take between receiving results from Auscheck and Asic to getting your medical?

Hey Nel Bel! I’m in your exact same position. My final check was done on the 11th too and I’m wondering about this as well. Let’s see what the others say !! 😊

A38TY
12th Apr 2022, 12:34
Hello! Auscheck can take 6-8 weeks. Sometimes less sometimes more. It takes along time for an asic card when I applied for mine, it took 8 weeks on the dot before they said the card was ready for printing. It’s been 5-6 weeks now so you should be in the all clear they would have contacted you a couple weeks ago if there was any issues.

good luck !!! ✈️😁

Thanks! Hopefully get a green tick soon. :)

electrokaco
12th Apr 2022, 22:46
It took Qantas another 4 weeks to contact me for my medicals after all my ticks were green! You have to be very patient, as well, after I did my medicals another week to hear back from them to let me know I was clear, then the last step is do the Swimming Assessment and to send all the certificates required (RSA, First Aid/CPR).

TTTYYY
13th Apr 2022, 07:30
Did my reference check and asic application, got all the green ticks, however received an unsuccessful email on the 11th of April..... absolutely guttered.. Already emailed TA to clarify whether its an error, obviously no replies.... leaving me in the dark hole here

NelBel
13th Apr 2022, 08:19
sorry to hear that. was your application for international or domestic?

A38TY
13th Apr 2022, 09:43
Did my reference check and asic application, got all the green ticks, however received an unsuccessful email on the 11th of April..... absolutely guttered.. Already emailed TA to clarify whether its an error, absolutely so replies.... leaving me in the dark hole here

Oh no, hope you're ok! Other dream jobs might be just around the corner for you... if it's any help, some people are failing their medicals as well :(

tammy_
13th Apr 2022, 10:16
Hey guys, anyone else apply for BNE base in Jan and just received an email saying your application is still under consideration? Just got an email yesterday (first time I have heard since applying).
Otherwise, anyone in another base get an email like this prior to your questionnaire? I have been employed by Qantas before but never remember getting an email like this.

Kuikymart
13th Apr 2022, 10:34
Did my reference check and asic application, got all the green ticks, however received an unsuccessful email on the 11th of April..... absolutely guttered.. Already emailed TA to clarify whether its an error, obviously no replies.... leaving me in the dark hole here

I absolutely feel for you right now. Very sorry and hoping this is an error for you. Did you get all your ticks on the 11th and then did they email you as well on the 11th?. Really hoping it is an error as I don’t see why they would say you have been unsuccessful.

Good luck ✈️

A38TY
13th Apr 2022, 12:09
It took Qantas another 4 weeks to contact me for my medicals after all my ticks were green! You have to be very patient, as well, after I did my medicals another week to hear back from them to let me know I was clear, then the last step is do the Swimming Assessment and to send all the certificates required (RSA, First Aid/CPR).

Thanks for this information :)

Millsdeandra em
13th Apr 2022, 12:29
Just received an email now saying that prior to bodycare contacting me, they would like to share some additional information to me and ill here from them early May. Anyone else received same email?

nnxybh
13th Apr 2022, 12:31
Just received an email now saying that prior to bodycare contacting me, they would like to share some additional information from me and ill here from them early May. Anyone else received same email?

Yes! Got the same email some minutes ago. I wonder what it could mean

TTTYYY
13th Apr 2022, 12:35
sorry to hear that. was your application for international or domestic?
Its international based in Melbourne

TTTYYY
13th Apr 2022, 12:38
I absolutely feel for you right now. Very sorry and hoping this is an error for you. Did you get all your ticks on the 11th and then did they email you as well on the 11th?. Really hoping it is an error as I don’t see why they would say you have been unsuccessful.

Good luck ✈️
I applied asic on the 1st April and got all green ticks on the 4th April. The expiration date on the asic card application says 30/04/2024 which is why I am so gutted...

A38TY
13th Apr 2022, 14:25

Thanks! Very helpful. Also with the medical, is height and weight checked to calculate BMI?

TravellingFoodie
13th Apr 2022, 20:09
Just received an email now saying that prior to bodycare contacting me, they would like to share some additional information to me and ill here from them early May. Anyone else received same email?

Yep! Just got the same email last night, it’s got me wondering that’s for sure

danigirl
14th Apr 2022, 01:11
I applied asic on the 1st April and got all green ticks on the 4th April. The expiration date on the asic card application says 30/04/2024 which is why I am so gutted...

Oh no that is very distressing to hear but it also seems way to quick to get all your ticks in essentially 3 days. Have you been through the ASIC process before? I uploaded docs on the 6/4 and I just have 4 ticks and I thought that was fast but I did it all 3 years ago and my old details were still in the system so thought that may fast track things. But I'm still waiting for the final ACIC ticks. I really hope this is an error for you. Keep us posted. It's unsettling for sure. I also applied for Melb international base.

NelBel
14th Apr 2022, 01:16
Oh no that is very distressing to hear but it also seems way to quick to get all your ticks in essentially 3 days. Have you been through the ASIC process before? I uploaded docs on the 6/4 and I just have 4 ticks and I thought that was fast but I did it all 3 years ago and my old details were still in the system so thought that may fast track things. But I'm still waiting for the final ACIC ticks. I really hope this is an error for you. Keep us posted. It's unsettling for sure. I also applied for Melb international base.

I am just waiting on the HSE status as it just says NA and Card printing NA. I lodged everything on March 21st and got my Auscheck and Acic results on the 9th and 10th april and also the final qantas security check on the 11th april

Millsdeandra em
14th Apr 2022, 03:34
Yep! Just got the same email last night, it’s got me wondering that’s for sure

im thinking, maybe they want to be sure of the May ground school date prior to making us do our medicals! Fingers crossed! X

winglet30
14th Apr 2022, 04:17
im thinking, maybe they want to be sure of the May ground school date prior to making us do our medicals! Fingers crossed! X

I got the same email and had a similar thought, maybe they are on the fence about the May ground school date and might possibly have to advise us last minute so perhaps when they call, it might be to confirm if we are able to start at short notice and therefore proceed with medical or otherwise if not able - then opt to wait for the next GS which would then make sense for delaying medicals til then. But yeah we'll know soon enough but until then its anyones guess really 🙈

danigirl
14th Apr 2022, 04:55
It seems that Syd & Melb applicants are tracking at different paces. It looks like Sydney are going to hold GS sooner than Melb (we were told earliest would be August) so it makes sense Syd applicants are already doing medicals. It would be good to know if anyone gets offered GS dates? Pls keep us posted.

Chikatt
15th Apr 2022, 17:11

I also received that email yesterday. So far everything has progressed quite well but it’s a lengthy process.

I applied for the Sydney base role.
Anyone else attended the 10/03 assessment day? Let’s keep in touch!

tammy_
16th Apr 2022, 00:24
Anyone here at all who applied for BNE based international in Jan and has had any response?? I have only had an email just this week saying they are still considering my application and they will be in touch when it's been reviewed.

Lucytheflighty
16th Apr 2022, 12:37
It's been more than two months and I still have not heard anything after completing the questionnaire :rolleyes:

I feel like they don't want crew who are currently working for Qantas group airlines such as Jetstar or NJS (Altara) because we are so understaffed at the moment and some priority was given to people working for other airlines and to candidates who were successful but were put on hold during Covid (fair).

Time to apply for Virgin and then Qantas International I guess :O JKS

Cieletoile
16th Apr 2022, 13:41
It's been more than two months and I still have not heard anything after completing the questionnaire :rolleyes:

I feel like they don't want crew who are currently working for Qantas group airlines such as Jetstar or NJS (Altara) because we are so understaffed at the moment and some priority was given to people working for other airlines and to candidates who were successful but were put on hold during Covid (fair).

Time to apply for Virgin and then Qantas International I guess :O JKS

I wouldn't normally put it past the company to do something like that, but by the looks of the training schedule, they are just too busy to facilitate movement/intake anyone yet.

Training seems flat out at the moment as they are returning crew to work and doing CSM/CSS upgrades. AKL long-haul base have some ground schools starting over the next few months, and the company said they will be sent to Dubai for their training from the 17th May onwards (apparently due to training constraints in Aus).

NelBel
18th Apr 2022, 12:43
Does anyone know what the HSE check is?

A38TY
19th Apr 2022, 12:00
Does anyone else think GS for Sydney based International Crew will be overseas now? Hence the emails regarding hear from them in May and the rumour mill going around.

NelBel
19th Apr 2022, 12:11
Does anyone else think GS for Sydney based International Crew will be overseas now? Hence the emails regarding hear from them in May and the rumour mill going around.

I don’t know what the rumour mill is but I was contacted today for QantasLink in regards to GS in May and June

mnd
19th Apr 2022, 12:30
Hey does anyone have an idea of what Medicals and the swim test specifically entail?
Just want to make sure I’m prepared 🤣.

winglet30
20th Apr 2022, 00:18

I have a feeling that might be it too. I was just reading an article this morning stating that “From next month, Qantas will also outsource parts of its crew training to Dubai and Abu Dhabi” which lines up with the others that have also stated that. Very interesting times ahead for sure!

A38TY
20th Apr 2022, 00:47
I don’t know what the rumour mill is but I was contacted today for QantasLink in regards to GS in May and June
Congrats! So exciting. The rumour mill is about International Cabin Crew training overseas e.g Dubai (Emirates Training Centre).

TravellingFoodie
20th Apr 2022, 01:16
Congrats! So exciting. The rumour mill is about International Cabin Crew training overseas e.g Dubai (Emirates Training Centre).

That would be exciting! Where abouts did you hear this?

danigirl
20th Apr 2022, 04:41
That would be exciting! Where abouts did you hear this?

It was mentioned in post #119 above. Probably just for EP's but who knows. Their resources must be stretched thin.

A38TY
20th Apr 2022, 08:07
It was mentioned in post #119 above. Probably just for EP's but who knows. Their resources must be stretched thin.
In the media...came up on my news feed :)

A38TY
20th Apr 2022, 08:11
I have a feeling that might be it too. I was just reading an article this morning stating that “From next month, Qantas will also outsource parts of its crew training to Dubai and Abu Dhabi” which lines up with the others that have also stated that. Very interesting times ahead for sure!
I also read today that it could be partial training therefore not whole 8 weeks. See what they say in May :)

A38TY
20th Apr 2022, 08:14
Oh yes...missed that post! See what happens next :)

NelBel
20th Apr 2022, 13:59

i found an article on Facebook which was an interesting read for those applying for international which I thought you may want to read. It says something about using New Zealand cabin crew for their long haul flights due to a pay dispute with the airline international union

https://australianaviation.com.au/2022/04/exclusive-qantas-crew-sleep-across-seats-in-front-of-passengers/?fbclid=IwAR0hhkO9XjASt5R7mEQFRiYH0oQUq3EpMENoGPPHLlzVosJNsi loWV3Jhz4

danigirl
20th Apr 2022, 21:23
i found an article on Facebook which was an interesting read for those applying for international which I thought you may want to read. It says something about using New Zealand cabin crew for their long haul flights due to a pay dispute with the airline international union

https://australianaviation.com.au/2022/04/exclusive-qantas-crew-sleep-across-seats-in-front-of-passengers/?fbclid=IwAR0hhkO9XjASt5R7mEQFRiYH0oQUq3EpMENoGPPHLlzVosJNsi loWV3Jhz4

That is interesting. It must be a logistical nightmare.

Cieletoile
21st Apr 2022, 05:44
For context, the Australian union are refusing to let Aussie crew operate the A332 on 14+ hour flights due to the crew rest being inadequate (which it is). So Qantas have entirely outsourced BNE-LAX to offshore kiwi crew as they have not objected to working on it.

Syd1981
21st Apr 2022, 13:18
I got the same email. I don’t understand what happened. I received an email saying thank you for completing security and references. I then go the email saying I was progressing to the pre-employment medical. And that received and email telling me I was unsuccessful before I could even do the medical. I’ve email but had no response. So gutted. I don’t know how I can go from waiting for my medical to unsuccessful without anything happening

A38TY
21st Apr 2022, 20:08
I got the same email. I don’t understand what happened. I received an email saying thank you for completing security and references. I then go the email saying I was progressing to the pre-employment medical. And that received and email telling me I was unsuccessful before I could even do the medical. I’ve email but had no response. So gutted. I don’t know how I can go from waiting for my medical to unsuccessful without anything happening
That's devastating :( Such a difficult process and proceeding through so many rounds already. Did you apply for International?

danigirl
21st Apr 2022, 20:15

That is devastating. That makes no sense at all! Which base did you apply for?

QF747438
21st Apr 2022, 23:11
:) Hi good luck everyone hope you all get the golden call soon.

I have been with QF over 20 years and have seen a lot of candidates over the years get made unsuccessful even after the medical stage. The final stage is executive review. QF cull at all stages. Only get excited when you get the letter of offer in writing and a QF staff number.

As with anything in aviation things change on a daily basis. Word on the street is they don’t need as many International Cabin Crew as anticipated for BNE / MEL / SYD. Brisbane is no longer taking externals and limited in Melbourne and Sydney. QF are now currently hiring in LHR for QFCCUK and AKL for Jetconnect. Many MAM casuals have applied internally and will get priority as QF have a new casual pool through Altara for B737 and A330 short haul operations. A lot of the QF group cabin crew agreements that career progression clauses to mainline so a certain percent of ground Schools will have a number of spots filled internally usually.

All these changing factors are probably the reason of external candidates now receiving unsuccessful emails. It happens with in this industry. Keep positive and keep applying. I have flown with Cabin Crew who finally got in after 9 and 10 attempts. Hope this helps.

Syd1981
21st Apr 2022, 23:25
Yeah international for sydney base

A38TY
22nd Apr 2022, 02:52

I have been with QF over 20 years and have seen a lot of candidates over the years get made unsuccessful even after the medical stage. The final stage is executive review. QF cull at all stages. Only get excited when you get the letter of offer in writing and a QF staff number.

As with anything in aviation things change on a daily basis. Word on the street is they don’t need as many International Cabin Crew as anticipated for BNE / MEL / SYD. Brisbane is no longer taking externals and limited in Melbourne and Sydney. QF are now currently hiring in LHR for QFCCUK and AKL for Jetconnect. Many MAM casuals have applied internally and will get priority as QF have a new casual pool through Altara for B737 and A330 short haul operations. A lot of the QF group cabin crew agreements that career progression clauses to mainline so a certain percent of ground Schools will have a number of spots filled internally usually.

All these changing factors are probably the reason of external candidates now receiving unsuccessful emails. It happens with in this industry. Keep positive and keep applying. I have flown with Cabin Crew who finally got in after 9 and 10 attempts. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the internal perspective, really helps with predicting and planning :)

A38TY
22nd Apr 2022, 02:54
Yeah international for sydney base
So many highs and lows. Looks like more of us may be in this position as well :)

danigirl
22nd Apr 2022, 03:24

Thank you for that info. Its good to have some internal perspective as it is a long and sometimes confusing process.

nnxybh
22nd Apr 2022, 09:38
Anyone got the new email reminding them of the call in early may and getting your passport “current” while waiting?
surely we don’t need passports anytime soon unless GS is overseas as suggested in one of the comments

Kuikymart
22nd Apr 2022, 11:09
Anyone got the new email reminding them of the call in early may and getting your passport “current” while waiting?
surely we don’t need passports anytime soon unless GS is overseas as suggested in one of the comments

hey !! I have received this exact email too. I think they are just saying apply within the next few weeks if you need to update it. They would prefer to have everything done before ground school possibly? Hopefully will see you soon for ground school ✈️

A38TY
22nd Apr 2022, 11:23
Yes, also received...sounds like GS or partial GS will be overseas. MEL+ SYD Crew must be training together :)

TravellingFoodie
22nd Apr 2022, 13:30
Yep! Also received this email. I noticed it says water competency certificate is required- I thought this was a step after the medical. Are we able to get it now ?

nnxybh
22nd Apr 2022, 20:45
Yep! Also received this email. I noticed it says water competency certificate is required- I thought this was a step after the medical. Are we able to get it now ?

i think you’ll need to send through your certificates plus water competency after medicals. There will be a separate email from them asking for this.
I reckon they’ll send us to the UAE for ditching training as Emirates and Etihad have really good training facilities. I know some airline rent Emirates training facilities to train their crew

Millsdeandra em
23rd Apr 2022, 05:05
Ive got the same email too! Lets see how it goes in the coming days!

Darren GBS
23rd Apr 2022, 06:28
Ive got the same email too! Lets see how it goes in the coming days!

Hi All, just wondering, those that have got the emails this week, just wondering what date you did your Assessment Centre? Was this is Sydney for Sydney Base applicants ?

Millsdeandra em
23rd Apr 2022, 08:33
Hi All, just wondering, those that have got the emails this week, just wondering what date you did your Assessment Centre? Was this is Sydney for Sydney Base applicants ?

did mine last feb 24 in Sydney!

Darren GBS
23rd Apr 2022, 09:40
did mine last feb 24 in Sydney!

Awesome, thanks! Did mine in March and all security clearance green ticked now so hoping I’m still in running ! :)

A38TY
24th Apr 2022, 00:00
Yes, also Syd on 24th Feb!

nnxybh
24th Apr 2022, 00:35

Melbourne base on March 17

Flighty12345
26th Apr 2022, 09:49
Anyone still for waiting for an assessment day for Melbourne base heard anything? Or any updates on Melbourne recruitment? Trying to stay patient that I'll hear something soon.

QF747438
27th Apr 2022, 00:41
Anyone still for waiting for an assessment day for Melbourne base heard anything? Or any updates on Melbourne recruitment? Trying to stay patient that I'll hear something soon.

:oh: Melbourne Assessment days have been completed for now none others planned at this stage. Melbourne ground schools have been pushed back - first one is not planned till at least August or even as late as October now.

TravellingFoodie
27th Apr 2022, 08:40

Hey, mine was for Sydney base and I attended assessment day on the 9th of March

QF747438
27th Apr 2022, 09:08
Thanks for the info! Do you think they will still need more crew in Melbourne later in the year or in 2023 and they just don’t have the capacity to get the ground schools through currently?

:) I believe more recruitment will occur later for QCCA. Qantas are currently actively recruiting in Melbourne for Qantas Short Haul Flight Attendants with Altara for B737 and A330 domestic operations.

A38TY
28th Apr 2022, 01:41
Does anyone know if it's mandatory to have contact lenses if you wear glasses (short sighted)? Do I need to organise this for the medicals? Thanks!

nnxybh
28th Apr 2022, 01:56
Has anyone received a text from Bodycare after the two emails from Qantas saying they’ll call in early May? I know someone who has, and has already booked medicals

TravellingFoodie
28th Apr 2022, 02:13
Does anyone know if it's mandatory to have contact lenses if you wear glasses (short sighted)? Do I need to organise this for the medicals? Thanks!

That’s a great question- would love to know the answer to this as well. I’m vision impaired in my left eye and need my glasses as im short sighted in my right eye. I’ve seen plenty of cabin crew wear glasses so I wonder if we can wear glasses during the medical

TravellingFoodie
28th Apr 2022, 02:22
Has anyone received a text from Bodycare after the two emails from Qantas saying they’ll call in early May? I know someone who has, and has already booked medicals

Haven’t heard yet, how exciting though! Have they received the call from Qantas yet?

Kuikymart
28th Apr 2022, 02:53

is this for international Sydney base ?

danigirl
28th Apr 2022, 02:54
I finally got all my ticks yesterday. I had 4 in the first 2 days and then nothing happened for over 2 weeks. I emailed asking if they needed anything more from me and the next day all ticks were there. So if you've been waiting a while for your final ticks it wouldn't hurt to email ID services as it might prompt someone to finalise it.

Now I nervously wait for a update. 😬

NelBel
28th Apr 2022, 02:56
Bodycare will email you and tell you to bring any visual aids to your appointment. I would suggest if you have contacts and glasses to bring both

Lucytheflighty
28th Apr 2022, 02:59
Hey :)

I have been waiting since I completed the questionnaire on the 2nd of February. I applied in Jan for Melbourne base too, first time that I apply. Some people got recommended by QF international crew that's why they jumped the queue or they have been in the process longer. Someone mentioned here new assessment days will be held in September. Let's not lose hope :ok:

NelBel
28th Apr 2022, 03:06
i went for my medical on friday last week and received a call this morning asking if i was ok to start ground school on Monday. They said that they will be emailing contracts and information today. i applied for Melbourne QantasLink but am being sent interstate for ground school.
This group has definitely helped me during the process with putting my mind at ease and seeing everyone go through the process and ask questions. Thank you all so much!
Fingers crossed that you all hear about medicals and get the golden call for ground school soon. Wishing you all the best :ok:

electrokaco
28th Apr 2022, 03:21
i went for my medical on friday last week and received a call this morning asking if i was ok to start ground school on Monday. They said that they will be emailing contracts and information today. i applied for Melbourne QantasLink but am being sent interstate for ground school.
This group has definitely helped me during the process with putting my mind at ease and seeing everyone go through the process and ask questions. Thank you all so much!
Fingers crossed that you all hear about medicals and get the golden call for ground school soon. Wishing you all the best :ok:
Yay, we will be colleagues then! I'll see you next Monday!

NelBel
28th Apr 2022, 03:45
Yay, we will be colleagues then! I'll see you next Monday!

Oh fabulous! See you Monday!

nnxybh
28th Apr 2022, 04:10
Haven’t heard yet, how exciting though! Have they received the call from Qantas yet?

no they haven’t. Seems strange to me that they’ve been scheduled for medicals before the call

A38TY
28th Apr 2022, 04:10
Congrats! All happening very fast and moving interstate for training 🙌

nnxybh
28th Apr 2022, 04:11
is this for international Sydney base ?

Yes. Sydney international

A38TY
28th Apr 2022, 04:12
Bodycare will email you and tell you to bring any visual aids to your appointment. I would suggest if you have contacts and glasses to bring both
Thanks! Have fun at GS :)

A38TY
28th Apr 2022, 04:17
I finally got all my ticks yesterday. I had 4 in the first 2 days and then nothing happened for over 2 weeks. I emailed asking if they needed anything more from me and the next day all ticks were there. So if you've been waiting a while for your final ticks it wouldn't hurt to email ID services as it might prompt someone to finalise it.

Now I nervously wait for a update. 😬
Woo hoo! Good luck moving forward :)

TravellingFoodie
28th Apr 2022, 13:49

Woohoo! How exciting, congratulations!
Did you get an email with a document for water competency or did you do this prior and if so, what form did you use?

NelBel
28th Apr 2022, 15:38
Woohoo! How exciting, congratulations!
Did you get an email with a document for water competency or did you do this prior and if so, what form did you use?

Thank you so much! I did get an email but i had already completed it with one i found on the internet. Here's the link http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/careers/water-competency-assessment.pdf

danigirl
29th Apr 2022, 03:38

Congrats that is so exciting!! Are they sending you to Brisbane for training? How long is it expected to take? I believe the Sydney facility was knocked down after the land was reclaimed for a tunnel project. Hence why Sydney international crews will no doubt be trained in a Dubai. Enjoy GS.

TravellingFoodie
2nd May 2022, 01:29
Anyone else holding onto their phone as tight as I am this week? Excited to get this phone call! Has anyone been contacted yet ?

Kuikymart
2nd May 2022, 02:40
Anyone else holding onto their phone as tight as I am this week? Excited to get this phone call! Has anyone been contacted yet ?
My phone hasn’t left my pocket and has not gone on mute in days 🤣 hoping this week if not early next week 🤞🏼

danigirl
2nd May 2022, 02:55

I just received the email that I'm progressing to medicals and to expect a call in May too! 🤞🤞🤞

TravellingFoodie
2nd May 2022, 02:59
I just received the email that I'm progressing to medicals and to expect a call in May too! 🤞🤞🤞
Exciting times ahead!! 🤞🏼

TravellingFoodie
2nd May 2022, 03:00
My phone hasn’t left my pocket and has not gone on mute in days 🤣 hoping this week if not early next week 🤞🏼
Glad it’s not just me! 😂

A38TY
2nd May 2022, 06:05
🤣 Phone usually on silent, not this week!!! Exciting news today about the new fleet and the direct SYD-LHR route ✈

Darren GBS
5th May 2022, 02:34
Just got an email saying I’m progressing to the pre employment medical ! Awaiting invite from Bodycare ! Anyone have any word on GS dates for Sydney base International !?

A38TY
5th May 2022, 08:52
Just got an email saying I’m progressing to the pre employment medical ! Awaiting invite from Bodycare ! Anyone have any word on GS dates for Sydney base International !?
Woo hoo! Assuming GS starts in June 2022 but just speculation ;)

TravellingFoodie
5th May 2022, 09:21

Congratulations!
Im still waiting to receive a phone call and invite from bodycare (which I was told will be after I get a phone call from then). Nervous and excited is an understatement! It has definitely been a long process so far

Kuikymart
5th May 2022, 12:29
Congratulations!
Im still waiting to receive a phone call and invite from bodycare (which I was told will be after I get a phone call from then). Nervous and excited is an understatement! It has definitely been a long process so far

Im on your boat Foodie! Still waiting, let’s hope Friday if not a call early next week would be great ✈️

nnxybh
5th May 2022, 22:43
Congratulations!

that’s what we were all told but this girl I know got the text from Bodycare and she hasn’t been called even though we got the same email. So confusing

danigirl
6th May 2022, 00:05
that’s what we were all told but this girl I know got the text from Bodycare and she hasn’t been called even though we got the same email. So confusing

It doesn't sound like any internationals have received a phone call yet. I guess it's technically still early May 🙂

Flighty25
6th May 2022, 00:11
Any news, internals?

I just received an email saying that I am progressing to the next stage and that I don't have to do an assessment day :)

It says that I have been successful in being placed on their Active Hold File. The recruitment team will touch base with me regarding next steps in the months ahead as dates of Ground Training Schools are confirmed. Qantas Cabin Crew Australia together with Workforce Planning and my current employment entity will determine allocations from the Active Hold File based on Qantas future forecasted flying and network requirements. They will endeavour to notify me with a minimum 8 weeks’ notice.

Is this good news or just radio silence for another 5 months? I applied back in January

Cieletoile
6th May 2022, 03:19
Any news, internals?

I just received an email saying that I am progressing to the next stage and that I don't have to do an assessment day :)

It says that I have been successful in being placed on their Active Hold File. The recruitment team will touch base with me regarding next steps in the months ahead as dates of Ground Training Schools are confirmed. Qantas Cabin Crew Australia together with Workforce Planning and my current employment entity will determine allocations from the Active Hold File based on Qantas future forecasted flying and network requirements. They will endeavour to notify me with a minimum 8 weeks’ notice.

Is this good news or just radio silence for another 5 months? I applied back in January

Internal here, and received the email too (great to finally get a reply after hearing nothing for over 100+ days)

Sadly, the information I've been given suggests radio silence for at least another few months. The crewmour mill suggests Q4 this year (so take that with a grain of salt).
I asked management if they had heard anything from the company about the transfer and they said they've heard nothing either, but did guess it would be "much later this year".
😔

Hopefully we hear something soon!

A38TY
6th May 2022, 12:22
Was contacted by Bodycare tonight for the medical, anyone else?

mnd
6th May 2022, 23:13

No I’m still waiting for a call, what time did they call?

Kuikymart
7th May 2022, 01:25

Nothing for me yet !! What assessment date / base for you ? I’m wondering if there going by assessment date etc and who did there’s first✈️🤔 how exciting tho, it will be great to put a few faces to these names in the future 🤣

A38TY
7th May 2022, 01:36
Nothing for me yet !! What assessment date / base for you ? I’m wondering if there going by assessment date etc and who did there’s first✈️🤔 how exciting tho, it will be great to put a few faces to these names in the future 🤣
Yes, hopefully all is great with medical and meet you all soon. I was at the 24/2 Assessment Day in Sydney! 😄

Kuikymart
7th May 2022, 01:41
Yes, hopefully all is great with medical and meet you all soon. I was at the 24/2 Assessment Day in Sydney! 😄

Could make sense ! I was 31/3 in Sydney. If all goes well till ground school first questions will be who is A38TY on pprune 😂😂

A38TY
7th May 2022, 01:50
Could make sense ! I was 31/3 in Sydney. If all goes well till ground school first questions will be who is A38TY on pprune 😂😂
🤣🤣🤣 So glad this forum exists!!! 🤣 Look out for the text + emails 🙌

A38TY
7th May 2022, 04:48
Hey mnd 👋
Have not received phone call yet, probably after medical, if it's accepted ;)

tammy_
7th May 2022, 06:31
Any Bris applicants!? haha I read this forum religiously everyday and still no one lol. I used this forum back in 2019 when I first had a job with Qantas and LOVED connecting with other people in the same boat but now I just get to watch all you SYD and MEL based people advance in the recruitment process while I feel like I'm in limbo!! I love reading about all of it! Getting the call at the end of this LONG process makes it all worth it, best feeling! :ugh:

TravellingFoodie
10th May 2022, 00:57
No I’m still waiting for a call, what time did they call?
Still waiting! Have you received a call from Qantas yet?

Kuikymart
10th May 2022, 01:17
I’m still waiting too!!! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 ✈️

TravellingFoodie
10th May 2022, 01:47
I’m still waiting too!!! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 ✈️
At what point is it not early May and appropriate for me to contact them?😂 The nerves and excitement is building 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Kuikymart
10th May 2022, 02:04
At what point is it not early May and appropriate for me to contact them?😂 The nerves and excitement is building 🤞🏼🤞🏼

early may I’d say is last week and this week for sure ! Definitely by Friday I reckon. I still wonder when they are wanting us to start ground school and where it will be 🤔

nnxybh
10th May 2022, 05:24
Guys!!! Someone got the call
they’re asking if they’re willing to train in Dubai for 28 days

A38TY
10th May 2022, 05:26
What dates? What did you say?

Chikatt
10th May 2022, 05:29

Omg!! That’s amazing! Well done 🙌🏼

Did they say anything about a start date for training?

The rest of us still waiting 🕣

Kuikymart
10th May 2022, 06:02
How exciting !!! Hopefully we all get contacted soon ✈️☺️

nnxybh
10th May 2022, 06:38
Lol it wasn’t me guys. It was someone I know and the call was basically asking if they were willing to be away for that long. No word on GS. She will hear back once she passes her medicals I assume. She applied for Sydney base

A38TY
10th May 2022, 06:45
Lol it wasn’t me guys. It was someone I know and the call was basically asking if they were willing to be away for that long. No word on GS. She will hear back once she passes her medicals I assume. She applied for Sydney base
👌 Thanks!

QF747438
10th May 2022, 10:11
:) I know 2 external candidates called this week and asked about training away for 28 days. They were told first GS is planned for August and some starting as late as October this was for Sydney base.

Many internals from MAM and Jetstar also contacted this week. Many current Qantas international crew still on reserve rosters hence why GS is pushed out later.

djw024
10th May 2022, 11:56
Any Bris applicants!? haha I read this forum religiously everyday and still no one lol. I used this forum back in 2019 when I first had a job with Qantas and LOVED connecting with other people in the same boat but now I just get to watch all you SYD and MEL based people advance in the recruitment process while I feel like I'm in limbo!! I love reading about all of it! Getting the call at the end of this LONG process makes it all worth it, best feeling! :ugh:

Hi Tammy,

Im in Brisbane to and got invitation email for Brisbane assessment centre day yesterday, which is planned on 18th and 19th of May, booked myself in for 19th, hope you got invited as well.

also to everyone here, congratulations to those who get through!!!

can anyone, or everyone share some experiences here in regards to what questions we are expecting during the panel interview? what scenario was given for the group activities? and what questions was there for the reading comprehension test?

it would be a great help if anyone can provide any info.

thanks everyone!

A38TY
10th May 2022, 13:32
:) I know 2 external candidates called this week and asked about training away for 28 days. They were told first GS is planned for August and some starting as late as October this was for Sydney base.

Many internals from MAM and Jetstar also contacted this week. Many current Qantas international crew still on reserve rosters hence why GS is pushed out later.
Thank you for the update!!! :)

tammy_
10th May 2022, 21:31
Hi Tammy,

Im in Brisbane to and got invitation email for Brisbane assessment centre day yesterday, which is planned on 18th and 19th of May, booked myself in for 19th, hope you got invited as well.

can anyone, or everyone share some experiences here in regards to what questions we are expecting during the panel interview? what scenario was given for the group activities? and what questions was there for the reading comprehension test?

thanks everyone!

Oh my god!!! Im so happy someone else from Bris is in here finally!
I am yet to receive and email but will keep a close eye on my emails now.
Is this your first communication from them since applying?
I got an email mid april saying my application is being considered and they will be in touch as soon as they've had a chance to review it.
If I'm lucky enough to get an email, ill try to put in for the 19th so we can meet. Fingers crossed!

Also, congrats!!

QF747438
10th May 2022, 22:16
Thank you for the update!!! :)

Thats ok :) the 2 who got contacted about training away - have both completed the medical stages at body care. Hope this sheds some light on the timeline.

Kuikymart
11th May 2022, 00:22
Thats ok :) the 2 who got contacted about training away - have both completed the medical stages at body care. Hope this sheds some light on the timeline.

thanks so much for the updates your a big help. If medicals are done for them then wouldn’t ground school be somewhat soon ? They did say that medicals are only done close to a ground school date. If it was to be august start then the medical would expire and would have to go again before starting 🤔 Help me out I’m confused 🤣☺️

love2fly2022
11th May 2022, 03:09
Hi Tammy,

thanks everyone!
so my invitation for the 18th/19th in Brisbane now says it’s for Sydney based crew but at the assessment centre in BNE. I initiallly thought it was for Brisbane based crew. Still beyond excited to begin this journey and find out more information.

QF747438
11th May 2022, 03:53
:) medicals are valid for 3 months - medicals conducted now would be valid till at least mid August

Kuikymart
11th May 2022, 08:32
Did anyone just receive that Qantas update email about ground schools being late 2022 to early 2023? And that they will contact 8-10 weeks out. Sounds like some of us may have been placed in a holding pool 🤔

mnd
11th May 2022, 08:42
Did anyone just receive that Qantas update email about ground schools being late 2022 to early 2023? And that they will contact 8-10 weeks out. Sounds like some of us may have been placed in a holding pool 🤔

yeah does this mean we are on hold? I got the same email too. Btw I applied for Melbourne base..

TravellingFoodie
11th May 2022, 08:53
Yep, just got the same email. Feeling slightly confused and deflated at the same time. It’s been such a long process, I just want to get into it😂Does this mean we will still get the phone call they said to expect?

danigirl
11th May 2022, 09:24

Yep just got it too. I applied for Melb base. Sounds like a fluid situation that's constantly changing. I guess all we can do is wait and hope we get the golden call 🤞🤞

Kuikymart
11th May 2022, 09:25
What I think this emails means is… They may have something new implemented and they need to wait. They don’t have enough staff to train. They have now predicted travel to pick up later than expected and now have too many candidates on there hands and they will need to wait to put them through ground schools.

Does anyone know if the external candidates that were called got the same email? Bit confusing for sure 🤔

TravellingFoodie
11th May 2022, 09:27
Yep just got it too. I applied for Melb base. Sounds like a fluid situation that's constantly changing. I guess all we can do is wait and hope we get the golden call 🤞🤞

danigirl the day I get that golden call I’m sure I’ll feel a weight lifted off my shoulders! I applied for SYD base

TravellingFoodie
11th May 2022, 09:32
What I think this emails means is… They may have something new implemented and they need to wait. They don’t have enough staff to train. They have now predicted travel to pick up later than expected and now have too many candidates on there hands and they will need to wait to put them through ground schools.

Does anyone know if the external candidates that were called got the same email? Bit confusing for sure 🤔

Kuikymart That could be true. Wouldn’t surprise me really, I just wish there was a bit more clarification on the situation. I wonder if we will still get a phone call to complete our medicals, as they are valid for 3 months 🤔
That’s a good question about external candidates- I wonder if they got the email even if they got a phone call.
At the assessment day I attended in Sydney, they seemed really keen to hire a lot of staff and couldn’t wait to get us started, talking about the expansion of the company and influx in travel.

danigirl
11th May 2022, 09:33

I think you're spot on.

TravellingFoodie
11th May 2022, 09:45

nnxybh Hey, am curious if your friend who got the phone call has received an email like a few of us did this evening?

Darren GBS
11th May 2022, 12:10
Hey everyone, I also received the ‘Update’ email. Seems like everything is on hold for another few months sadly! Was hoping they would start GS in the next month or two, guess we just have to remain hopeful and wait for good news

nnxybh
11th May 2022, 12:24
nnxybh Hey, am curious if your friend who got the phone call has received an email like a few of us did this evening?

No she did not get this email. Seems like everyone did not receive a call yet got the same email. Such a bummer. I was so excited

djw024
11th May 2022, 12:25
so my invitation for the 18th/19th in Brisbane now says it’s for Sydney based crew but at the assessment centre in BNE. I initiallly thought it was for Brisbane based crew. Still beyond excited to begin this journey and find out more information.
It has always been for Sydney based I suppose, the last paragraph of the recruitment ads satated that this position is for Sydney based and the applicant must willing to relocate to Sydney, hey we might be able to sharehouse together haha, the BNE gang....lol

TravellingFoodie
11th May 2022, 12:27
No she did not get this email. Seems like everyone did not receive a call yet got the same email. Such a bummer. I was so excited
nnxybh Ahh damn, congrats to her all the same!
Yea, it’s a bit of a bummer for sure. Hopefully not too much longer then for the rest of us. I wonder if they’ll still proceed with our pre-employment medicals as they said in a prior email 🤔

Millsdeandra em
11th May 2022, 15:57
Yea, it’s a bit of a bummer for sure. Hopefully not too much longer then for the rest of us. I wonder if they’ll still proceed with our pre-employment medicals as they said in a prior email 🤔

got the same email too! Fingers crossed we hear from them again soon! The anticipation is something else😅

love2fly2022
11th May 2022, 18:08
For those who have been to an assessment day, do they let you know on the day if you are successful to continue the selection process, or do you have to wait to find out?

danigirl
11th May 2022, 21:12
For those who have been to an assessment day, do they let you know on the day if you are successful to continue the selection process, or do you have to wait to find out?

If you are to progress they will email you within a couple of days to ask for references which is done by an external company called XRef who will contact you separately to begin that process. If you are unsuccessful you'll be told within a day or 2.

love2fly2022
11th May 2022, 21:43
If you are to progress they will email you within a couple of days to ask for references which is done by an external company called XRef who will contact you separately to begin that process. If you are unsuccessful you'll be told within a day or 2.
thank you!

QF747438
11th May 2022, 21:53
Hi, Qantas Group internals have been advised yesterday all Qantas International initial schools have been been put back to Quarter 4 of this year October onwards and 2023 with no firm plans.

Manpower forecasts have changed. They still have a lot of international crew on reserve lines not flying and also they are prioritising JETCONNECT recruitment and ground schools these NZ based crew operate on all Qantas international services along side mainline.

They have lot of Qantas Group internals now on active hold many have been waiting who accepted transfers in 2020 which were placed on hold will get priority for initial training schedules.

If you have not done the medical component yet that is good as they will make candidates re do the medical if it expires as well as re do security checks after an allotted time has elapsed. Active hold usually last for 12 months from time of application.

Hang in there this industry changes on a daily basis it’s very fluid at the moment :)

TravellingFoodie
11th May 2022, 22:35
Hi, Qantas Group internals have been advised yesterday all Qantas International initial schools have been been put back to Quarter 4 of this year October onwards and 2023 with no firm plans.

Manpower forecasts have changed. They still have a lot of international crew on reserve lines not flying and also they are prioritising JETCONNECT recruitment and ground schools these NZ based crew operate on all Qantas international services along side mainline.

They have lot of Qantas Group internals now on active hold many have been waiting who accepted transfers in 2020 which were placed on hold will get priority for initial training schedules.

If you have not done the medical component yet that is good as they will make candidates re do the medical if it expires as well as re do security checks after an allotted time has elapsed. Active hold usually last for 12 months from time of application.

Hang in there this industry changes on a daily basis it’s very fluid at the moment :)

Thanks so much for that information QF747438. Provides some clarity on the email we received :)
Fingers crossed some of us here from recruitment in around August then (given they said they will give us 8-10 weeks notice)

nnxybh
11th May 2022, 22:57

i honestly doubt that they will proceed with the medicals especially when GS could be next year.

Flighty25
11th May 2022, 23:32
This whole recruitment process is such a mess! Super disorganised. Sorry, but someone had to say this. After working for four different airlines, I have never seen something like this, especially coming from a flag carrier.

Kuikymart
12th May 2022, 01:00
It’s going to be a long agonising wait for all of us. We are just going to have to put it aside for now and wait for Qantas to contact us further hopefully with some good news. Pray that international travel picks up more than what they have now anticipated. Checking this forum daily is definitely making the days go slower 😂

Hashuree
12th May 2022, 07:06
It has always been for Sydney based I suppose, the last paragraph of the recruitment ads satated that this position is for Sydney based and the applicant must willing to relocate to Sydney, hey we might be able to sharehouse together haha, the BNE gang....lol

I am in brisbane also and going down to Sydney next tuesday for AD 😍😍 im so excited i made it close prior to the start of covid then it came and squashed everything to pieces.

im keen to be apart of the BNE gang if i advance to the next stages 😂😂😂😂

Hashuree
12th May 2022, 07:11
Hi team,

going to AD next week in sydney have loved reading all the post within this thread :)

could someone please tell me what questions you were asked during your interview?

Made so many friends from the last AD back in 2020 would love to keep in touch with you all…

Skiesthedream
12th May 2022, 10:53
Hi guys.
I’ve loved reading over all your messages and I’m crossing my fingers for us all things move soon and in our favour.

I’ve done this process many times. I guess the main thing is don’t give up and everything happens for a reason..

I applied agesssss ago with QF domestic and got it, but then the GFC happened and my application was culled.

then again in 2017 for international and didn’t get it (however I think that had a lot to do with how I applied - internal when I was technically external and computer just said no)

again in 2019 and was successful and placed on hold for 2020 GS and we all know when happened from there 🤦‍♀️

so I’m back. Applied yet again, got my internal email last week to say all successful and now on hold. It gave no Indication on start dates or locations or anything..

this is for Melbourne base..

So is it confirmed that it will be training on all international a/c and not short haul:long haul as it was pre covid?

also for anyone who is over at QF any indication on time frames it might take to regain CSM/CSS qualifications after transferring over?

Millsdeandra em
12th May 2022, 12:26
Hi guys.
I’ve loved reading over all your messages and I’m crossing my fingers for us all things move soon and in our favour.

I’ve done this process many times. I guess the main thing is don’t give up and everything happens for a reason..

I applied agesssss ago with QF domestic and got it, but then the GFC happened and my application was culled.

then again in 2017 for international and didn’t get it (however I think that had a lot to do with how I applied - internal when I was technically external and computer just said no)

again in 2019 and was successful and placed on hold for 2020 GS and we all know when happened from there 🤦‍♀️

so I’m back. Applied yet again, got my internal email last week to say all successful and now on hold. It gave no Indication on start dates or locations or anything..

this is for Melbourne base..

So is it confirmed that it will be training on all international a/c and not short haul:long haul as it was pre covid?

also for anyone who is over at QF any indication on time frames it might take to regain CSM/CSS qualifications after transferring over?

hi there!

Seems, process can really be long in Qantas, but I guess when you get that golden call, makes it all worth it.

Just wondering, would you have an idea roughly how much does QF international get per fortnight? Just to help me plan ahead my move from middle east! In terms of rent etc.

djw024
12th May 2022, 12:33
I am in brisbane also and going down to Sydney next tuesday for AD 😍😍 im so excited i made it close prior to the start of covid then it came and squashed everything to pieces.

im keen to be apart of the BNE gang if i advance to the next stages 😂😂😂😂

Hi, my AD is in Brisbane, are you sure yours is in Sydney?

djw024
12th May 2022, 12:37
Hi,
my research indicates QF international cabin crew normally get mid 70K per year, it's not a lot of money TBH, so, unless someone really love customer service and flying, this is not the job makes their life become rich and glamorous.....

Kuikymart
13th May 2022, 02:31
hi there!

Seems, process can really be long in Qantas, but I guess when you get that golden call, makes it all worth it.

Just wondering, would you have an idea roughly how much does QF international get per fortnight? Just to help me plan ahead my move from middle east! In terms of rent etc.

Hey Millsdeandra, correct me if I’m wrong guys but according to one of the current EBA’s in place the base salary is $47,000 a year for flight attendant - entry (that would be us starting out after ground school). This does not include paid flying hours (when the door shuts and when the door opens at destination) You can be rostered up to 112.5 hours every 28 days or 220 every 56 days I believe. I currently do not know how much paid flying hours are but I believe virgin Australia is $14.50 an hour and Qantas would be more for sure so id say roughly $18/$20 per flying hour. Most likely after getting taxed in aus you can expect $1000-$1200 a week for pay. Again this is an estimate and it could be more or less depending on the amount of hours you fly and overtime, reserve, allowances etc… Correct me if I’m wrong and I’ll let one of the current QF crew confirm for you 😇

If you need tips on good areas/suburbs to live at a good price if your not familiar with Australia that’s close to the airport let us all know I’m sure us Sydney siders will be more than willing to help 🙂

Millsdeandra em
13th May 2022, 08:40
Hey Millsdeandra, correct me if I’m wrong guys but according to one of the current EBA’s in place the base salary is $47,000 a year for flight attendant - entry (that would be us starting out after ground school). This does not include paid flying hours (when the door shuts and when the door opens at destination) You can be rostered up to 112.5 hours every 28 days or 220 every 56 days I believe. I currently do not know how much paid flying hours are but I believe virgin Australia is $14.50 an hour and Qantas would be more for sure so id say roughly $18/$20 per flying hour. Most likely after getting taxed in aus you can expect $1000-$1200 a week for pay. Again this is an estimate and it could be more or less depending on the amount of hours you fly and overtime, reserve, allowances etc… Correct me if I’m wrong and I’ll let one of the current QF crew confirm for you 😇

If you need tips on good areas/suburbs to live at a good price if your not familiar with Australia that’s close to the airport let us all know I’m sure us Sydney siders will be more than willing to help 🙂

hi! Thanks for such detailed response!

really appreciate it and very helpful in getting an estimate in terms of cost of living!
Might get some tips for when I eventually move! And i guess with all the days off that we’d eventually get, a side gig wouldn’t be so bad to get some extra income. I hear Sydney is quite costly! Might be getting ahead of myself, Who knows how long the recruitmet process will take😂😂

Kadara
13th May 2022, 23:07
For pay, you're best to look at the new QCCA long-haul EBA which is about to kick in.

The 2022 rates:Trainee Flight Attendant: $34,639
Flight Attendant - Entry: $46,377
Flight Attendant: $47,264
LH'ers make their money on overnight allowances on top of their salary ($139-$350 for a full 24 hours in port), but that figure is dependent on how you work your roster, what trips you get, and is different for everyone. Hope that helps.

Kuikymart
14th May 2022, 12:36
Qantas workday posted QF international cabin crew job again yesterday for Sydney base. Must still be keen on hiring 🤔 maybe things have changed who knows hahaha at this current fluid situation we could get an email saying we’re on hold till 2023 and another email in a week saying your starting 😂

TravellingFoodie
15th May 2022, 00:13
Qantas workday posted QF international cabin crew job again yesterday for Sydney base. Must still be keen on hiring 🤔 maybe things have changed who knows hahaha at this current fluid situation we could get an email saying we’re on hold till 2023 and another email in a week saying your starting 😂

Kuikymart I noticed this too! They also advertised roles on their Instagram. Doesn’t make sense to be hiring again when we aren’t even through yet 🤣 Fingers crossed we are in sooner than we think 🤞🏼 I’m mentally clocked out of my other job already haha

QF747438
15th May 2022, 00:27
For pay, you're best to look at the new QCCA long-haul EBA which is about to kick in.

The 2022 rates:Trainee Flight Attendant: $34,639
Flight Attendant - Entry: $46,377
Flight Attendant: $47,264
LH'ers make their money on overnight allowances on top of their salary ($139-$350 for a full 24 hours in port), but that figure is dependent on how you work your roster, what trips you get, and is different for everyone. Hope that helps.

:) Depending on your trips QCCA crew clear around $1800- ($2000 on a good pay) after tax per fortnight - if ur on reserve or annual leave works out about $1600 in the bank per fortnight.

QF747438
15th May 2022, 00:33

:) Qantas are still recruiting for the active hold pool. QF recruitment is all done on points scoring. So they will build up the active hold list with as many candidates who meet the benchmark score. So for example if they recruit next week and have candidates that score high they will be offered positions first over candidates they interviewed early in the year that may sit in with lower scores, if that makes sense.Basically they will build the active hold pool with as many high scoring candidates as they can get then they work their way down the list for job offers. That’s what QF have done in the past.

Kuikymart
15th May 2022, 02:37
Kuikymart I noticed this too! They also advertised roles on their Instagram. Doesn’t make sense to be hiring again when we aren’t even through yet 🤣 Fingers crossed we are in sooner than we think 🤞🏼 I’m mentally clocked out of my other job already haha

Hahahah I’m so clocked out of my job right now too 😂

danigirl
15th May 2022, 11:57
I just came across this 1 hour doco on Prime. It was a doco on a 24hr Qantas flight from London to Sydney. All the ins and outs of the crew and some highlighted stories of passengers. I smiled the whole way through it and had a few tears too 😄 it says it's only on Prime for another 10hrs so if you read this in time watch it!