PDA

View Full Version : Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Millsdeandra em
23rd Nov 2022, 00:58
I got the call yesterday and have been offered Jan 8th in Abu Dhabi as well!

wow! How exciting!
Congrats! Hope they send us contracts soon!

Millsdeandra em
23rd Nov 2022, 00:59
hi millsdeqndra,

does Qantas wait until you’ve received your asic clearance before they offer you ground school

thanks

hey! Yes, once that is cleared you’re all set :) then medicals and certificates

Flygirl12345
23rd Nov 2022, 01:00
Hi guys! Do you think there is any benefit from emailing TA and asking for an update in regards to your online questions? Or do you think that would be a detriment to my application? I did it at the start of November and I’m hoping the silence is good news!

Millsdeandra em
23rd Nov 2022, 01:12
Hi, how long did you wait to receive your contract after getting the golden call??

hi!
have they finally sent you the contract?

its been a week for me including the weekends!
but ive got a month notice but wanting to resign already

SYK22
23rd Nov 2022, 01:58
Hi,

Congratulations to all who received golden calls :)
I was wondering how long after you guys received the golden calls after your medicals.
I have submitted for ID check on 22/10/22 and the 3 certificates and done my medical on 04/11/22 however I have not heard anything back from Qantas.
I am worried if I am successful for the medical..
If you guys can let me know the time period of receiving golden calls after medicals that would be great!
Also, I was told that it will take up to 6 to 8 weeks for the ID check, is this true?

Hound123
23rd Nov 2022, 07:48
Hi,

Congratulations to all who received golden calls :)
I was wondering how long after you guys received the golden calls after your medicals.
I have submitted for ID check on 22/10/22 and the 3 certificates and done my medical on 04/11/22 however I have not heard anything back from Qantas.
I am worried if I am successful for the medical..
If you guys can let me know the time period of receiving golden calls after medicals that would be great!
Also, I was told that it will take up to 6 to 8 weeks for the ID check, is this true?

Hi. The time-lines seem to vary a lot. I did my medical on 9th Nov, and received the golden call on 14th Nov. I submitted my security/ID check on 19th Sep and it took 8 weeks for approval.

debbieitaly
23rd Nov 2022, 09:50
Hi everyone, I received my medical questionairre today, and had to tick that I'd had anaemia in the past (which is resolved now and was diet related). I'm getting the clarification form filled out by my gp tomorrow, but I'm wondering if anyone else had something on the medical questionairre but still got progressed?

Also, has it happened to anyone that they were asked for their certificates, xref and medical before receiving the email asking them to do the security clearance? I reminded them twice that I haven't yet received that email, but they still haven't sent it.

SYK22
23rd Nov 2022, 10:06
Hi. The time-lines seem to vary a lot. I did my medical on 9th Nov, and received the golden call on 14th Nov. I submitted my security/ID check on 19th Sep and it took 8 weeks for approval.

Thank you! Seems like I need to wait for the ID security check is done. But I am worried so much if I am unsuccessful for the medical.. :(

paradise8
23rd Nov 2022, 12:36
Do we get notified of the outcome of our medicals via email?

flyingbaby
23rd Nov 2022, 19:44
Do we get notified of the outcome of our medicals via email?

We don’t get any notifications of the outcome! However you can call bodycare to check if they have already sent the report to Qantas TA. Bodycare will not disclose the outcome to you, only Qantas knows if you pass the medical or not.

If it’s been a while (more than a month) after you submitted everything and completed your medical, it’s good to contact TA to touch base.

SYK22
23rd Nov 2022, 20:29
We don’t get any notifications of the outcome! However you can call bodycare to check if they have already sent the report to Qantas TA. Bodycare will not disclose the outcome to you, only Qantas knows if you pass the medical or not.

If it’s been a while (more than a month) after you submitted everything and completed your medical, it’s good to contact TA to touch base.

Will we not hear anything even if we are unsuccessful from the medical?
I am so worried and wondering if I am pass or fail the medical test..

debbieitaly
23rd Nov 2022, 21:16
Hey guys, do we need 3 Vaccinations or is 2 enough?

debbieitaly
23rd Nov 2022, 22:15
I feel your pain, I'm worried too. I think you'll be fine if it's nothing that would prevent you from doing the job. Maybe email TA and ask them if you could speak to someone in the medical clearance team to discuss it, if you're worried not enough information was given to clear you for the role. I'm getting my gp to fill out the form today and I'll be making sire she provides an exhaustive explanation and leaving no doubt that the issue is resolved, and that I'm fit to undertake the role.

flyingbaby
23rd Nov 2022, 22:16

Did you find it hard to complete some of the tasks during the medical appointment?

If you are unsuccessful, you probably will get a rejection/ unsuccessful email?

Sometimes no news is good news.

SYK22
24th Nov 2022, 09:38
I feel your pain, I'm worried too. I think you'll be fine if it's nothing that would prevent you from doing the job. Maybe email TA and ask them if you could speak to someone in the medical clearance team to discuss it, if you're worried not enough information was given to clear you for the role. I'm getting my gp to fill out the form today and I'll be making sire she provides an exhaustive explanation and leaving no doubt that the issue is resolved, and that I'm fit to undertake the role.

I have sent an email to the TA team now. Let’s see how it goes.. thanks!

SYK22
24th Nov 2022, 09:44
Did you find it hard to complete some of the tasks during the medical appointment?

If you are unsuccessful, you probably will get a rejection/ unsuccessful email?

Sometimes no news is good news.

Yes, I was asked to lift up 32kg of dumbbell however I could not lift then I had to lift up 20kg of dumbbell overhead and I struggled. For the 3 minutes step, my heart rate was higher than my normal rates cuz I was so nervous for the medical test..
I hope everything is good. It’s too hard to hold this hope though :(

debbieitaly
24th Nov 2022, 10:46
I'm confused. They ask for the document number for the Medicare card. Do they mean the actual reference number? Or is it the number on the back?

Intellisis
24th Nov 2022, 19:59
I'm confused. They ask for the document number for the Medicare card. Do they mean the actual reference number? Or is it the number on the back?

They want the number on the front of the card.

debbieitaly
24th Nov 2022, 23:30
They want the number on the front of the card.
Oh thank you so much, thank goodness thats the one i decided to put. Now for the waiting game I guess. Good luck to everyone still waiting xx

Yumm34
25th Nov 2022, 00:08
Hey,

How long does AD usually go on for?
or what time did it start and end for everyone?
I will have to fly from a different state to attend..
Would you guys recommend to fly the day before? Or would I be able to fly to Sydney in the morning and come home at night?

inthecloudsnow
25th Nov 2022, 00:51
Hi. I start GS in Sydney on 4th January.

Hello - I’m also scheduled for the 4 th Jan GS ✈️💜

br787
25th Nov 2022, 02:39
Syd assessment days are on next week! So excited!

skyisthelimit123
25th Nov 2022, 03:40
Any updates on Melbourne base recruitment? Has anyone been offered ground school dates or heard anything?

Watto22
25th Nov 2022, 04:53
Yes, I was asked to lift up 32kg of dumbbell however I could not lift then I had to lift up 20kg of dumbbell overhead and I struggled. For the 3 minutes step, my heart rate was higher than my normal rates cuz I was so nervous for the medical test..
I hope everything is good. It’s too hard to hold this hope though :(
For anyone about to do their medical in North Sydney, I did mine yesterday and this is what I was required to do: 15 push-ups (on your knees is ok), 32kg dead lift twice along with removing the weight from the stand and putting it back on again (very awkward), 20kgs lifted twice above your head (also very awkward and the facilitator spotted me), asked to kneel and get back up again, 3 min step test, 10 regular squats and then 10 squats on each leg, urine test, blood pressure test, breath test, a range of agility moves, eye test (short, long and colour), grip test, and last but not least the hearing test. I was told to do this test in the lobby area outside of the physio's office, where the lift and bathroom was. 3 times during my test the lift doors opened and twice someone came in and out of the bathroom with the door slamming etc. I did not score well in this test and when I showed my disappointment at the end after seeing my score the facilitator said to me "it's not that bad, this is not a very accurate test". I'm pretty upset that after getting this far it all might come down to this audio test. Wondering if in other facilities that others have been to if the audio test was conducted differently?

debbieitaly
25th Nov 2022, 07:16
For anyone about to do their medical in North Sydney, I did mine yesterday and this is what I was required to do: 15 push-ups (on your knees is ok), 32kg dead lift twice along with removing the weight from the stand and putting it back on again (very awkward), 20kgs lifted twice above your head (also very awkward and the facilitator spotted me), asked to kneel and get back up again, 3 min step test, 10 regular squats and then 10 squats on each leg, urine test, blood pressure test, breath test, a range of agility moves, eye test (short, long and colour), grip test, and last but not least the hearing test. I was told to do this test in the lobby area outside of the physio's office, where the lift and bathroom was. 3 times during my test the lift doors opened and twice someone came in and out of the bathroom with the door slamming etc. I did not score well in this test and when I showed my disappointment at the end after seeing my score the facilitator said to me "it's not that bad, this is not a very accurate test". I'm pretty upset that after getting this far it all might come down to this audio test. Wondering if in other facilities that others have been to if the audio test was conducted differently?
I am soooo glad you posted this! I had a very similar experience with the hearing and vision test. Mine was done in a non sound proof consultation room, on a busy main road, and their laptop was downloading something in the background. It was atrocious, and when I expressed my concern, she rolled her eyes and laughed and said itll be fine dont worry. Then for the reading test, I told her I didn't have my reading glasses with me because they'd called me while I was out and asked me to come in straight away as they'd had a cancellation. She said oh don't worry you did ok without them. I said oh ok isn't good enough for this role, can we do it when I have my glasses, and she again just laughed and said stop worrying you'll be fine. So i called bodycare this morning and told them what happened, and they said theyll be investigating it. When I spoke to other people about that place they also said they seem to just want to get it done quickly and aren't really concerned with meeting standards. So it looks like this happens quite a lot unfortunately.

flyingbaby
25th Nov 2022, 09:29
For anyone about to do their medical in North Sydney, I did mine yesterday and ….

I was in a room but outside was so loud with music so it wasn’t a good environment for the hearing test for sure.

flyingbaby
25th Nov 2022, 09:34
I am soooo glad you posted this! I had a very similar experience with the hearing and vision test….

I am sorry to hear that you had this unpleasant experience with this clinic.

Good on you letting Bodycare know! We spent $300 on medical. We want to make sure we get the medical check right for this job!

flyingbaby
25th Nov 2022, 09:37
I was in a room but outside was so loud with music so it wasn’t a good environment for the hearing test for sure.

I think if you are not feeling comfortable and confident with the environment, please do speak up and ask for alternative options. I am sure they would try their best place you somewhere nicer for the hearing test.

or there’s no harm to ask anyway - because this is going to be crucial for this job!!!

flyingbaby
25th Nov 2022, 09:51
Hey,

Would you guys recommend to fly the day before? Or would I be able to fly to Sydney in the morning and come home at night?

AD usually goes for 3-4 hours depending on the flows.
It starts at 9am but you are required to attend earlier (8:30/8:45).

If you fly on the same day for the morning AD, would it be too rush for you as you wake up early and fly to SYD? Also with air traffic/ cancel flight etc. Would you think that will be a bit tricky?

Also I understand some people may not have the luxury to come a day before because of different reasons.

Yumm34
25th Nov 2022, 11:13
AD usually goes for 3-4 hours depending on the flows.
It starts at 9am but you are required to attend earlier (8:30/8:45).

If you fly on the same day for the morning AD, would it be too rush for you as you wake up early and fly to SYD? Also with air traffic/ cancel flight etc. Would you think that will be a bit tricky?

Also I understand some people may not have the luxury to come a day before because of different reasons.

Thanks for the reply!
I think I will just fly the day before because I don’t want the morning to be too rushed!

br787
25th Nov 2022, 12:43
Hey,

It depends on the start time, I got into an AD that starts at 1pm (until 4pm) so that would suit you for a morning flight if it's available!

Intellisis
26th Nov 2022, 22:21
Is it an immediate fail if we can't hold 20kg above our head during the medical? I was able to lift 32kg from ground to waist but couldn't hold 20kg above my head. So worried now.

Paradise, cabin baggage can't exceed 10kg for any one item in any class, and passenger are responsible for stowing their own bags in overhead lockers. I wouldn't be worried about it.

They are assessing on how you lift, not what you lift.

EkAdelaide
26th Nov 2022, 23:06
Hi everyone, I’m attending an AD in Sydney next week 😊

Can someone please share what’s involved in getting a water competency certificate? What type of swimming activities do you need to demonstrate? Is it difficult to pass?

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences on this forum, and good luck to everyone on this journey!

flyingbaby
27th Nov 2022, 00:57
Is it an immediate fail if we can't hold 20kg above our head during the medical? I was able to lift 32kg from ground to waist but couldn't hold 20kg above my head. So worried now.

Tbh, we don’t know how they determine. I think they would probably look at your medical report holistically.

Try not to stress about it too much, it’s done now! You should be proud of yourself that you have come this far!

debbieitaly
27th Nov 2022, 01:02
Good Luck those waiting 😃 i start GS on NOV 7 can’t wait not to far off now. I met a Qantas cabin crew at my gym who works in recruiting at Qantas. She told me Qantas still make candidates unsuccessful even after medicals as they do a final excec review and cull at the very last stage. Also she told me your AD date has no effect on GS date as they fill GS on rank markings so someone from September AD may get GS date b4 someone who did AD earlier as they scored higher, that’s why they continue to recruit as they want the best candidates for the role.

Can someone please share what’s involved in getting a water competency certificate? What type of swimming activities do you need to demonstrate? Is it difficult to pass?

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences on this forum, and good luck to everyone on this journey!
Seriously, don't be one bit worried about it, it's so easy, and that's coming from someone who was never a strong swimmer. You just have to swim up and back a 50-meter pool, any stroke of your choice, and tread water for 3 mins, which is basically like dog paddle staying still. It literally only takes 5 mins if that. You'll be fine :)

EkAdelaide
27th Nov 2022, 01:56
Seriously, don't be one bit worried about it, it's so easy, and that's coming from someone who was never a strong swimmer. You just have to swim up and back a 50-meter pool, any stroke of your choice, and tread water for 3 mins, which is basically like dog paddle staying still. It literally only takes 5 mins if that. You'll be fine :)

Thanks debbieitaly 😊 I don’t consider myself a strong swimmer either, but I should be able to do those things. It was the only thing that concerned me a bit.

Hopefully the rest of the process goes smoothly for you, I’m sure it will 😊

Hound123
27th Nov 2022, 01:56

The TA team will send you a form for the water competency assessment. You need to contact a pool in your local area and be assessed by a qualified lifeguard. You must be able to swim 50 metres in freestyle, breastroke or sidestroke unaided and tread water for 3 minutes unaided without stopping.

I'm not a good swimmer - so I got a swim coach to help me. I had 4 coaching sessions (one per week) plus I swam nearly every day for about a month at my local pool. I then got a lifeguard to assess me and sign the form.

EkAdelaide
27th Nov 2022, 04:32
The TA team will send you a form for the water competency assessment. You need to contact a pool in your local area and be assessed by a qualified lifeguard. You must be able to swim 50 metres in freestyle, breastroke or sidestroke unaided and tread water for 3 minutes unaided without stopping.

I'm not a good swimmer - so I got a swim coach to help me. I had 4 coaching sessions (one per week) plus I swam nearly every day for about a month at my local pool. I then got a lifeguard to assess me and sign the form.

Thanks Hound123, that's a great idea. I may invest some time too if I get past the AD :)

danigirl
27th Nov 2022, 05:32
Hi all and congratulations to all of have started GS. How long after submitting your medical questionnaire and preferred dates for medical do you wait for the Medical. I submitted everything but heard nothing as yet.

I called them last Monday as I hadn't had the Bodycare text or email. They booked me in over the phone for this Tuesday. Apparently they received 70 requests for medicals from Qantas so they were just working through them. If you haven't heard yet call Bodycare. They were very helpful.

danigirl
27th Nov 2022, 05:39
Hi guys! Do you think there is any benefit from emailing TA and asking for an update in regards to your online questions? Or do you think that would be a detriment to my application? I did it at the start of November and I’m hoping the silence is good news!

I waited 4 weeks after doing the online test before I heard anything, I was then invited to a AD in March. Its a slow process, no news is good news.

br787
27th Nov 2022, 05:53

This is reassuring! I was also nervous about this component :bored:
Also, good luck to all those with an AD this coming week!

danigirl
27th Nov 2022, 06:03
Any updates on Melbourne base recruitment? Has anyone been offered ground school dates or heard anything?
I'm doing my medical on Tuesday. I have heard of someone who has been offered a GS for Melb base in January so they are booking people in. Once medicals are done we will hopefully hear more.

Kuikymart
27th Nov 2022, 06:49
Hey guys! Sydney based question here. Anyone have any tips for driving into qantas head office on Bourke street ? Any nearby parking area’s preferably free 😊

br787
27th Nov 2022, 10:46
For those who are yet to do their AD I just saw on Qantas' tiktok page that there's a "behind the scenes at an AD" video which I found helpful!

Watto22
27th Nov 2022, 20:13
Hey guys! Sydney based question here. Anyone have any tips for driving into qantas head office on Bourke street ? Any nearby parking area’s preferably free 😊
I parked right across the road at the Holiday Inn, $15 for all day parking, very easy and not too expensive and you don't have to worry about parking tickets.

cabincrewpilot
28th Nov 2022, 00:00
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. I had my assessment centre in Sydney a few weeks ago and have done my xref, ASIC card application, swim competency and had my medical last week. Just wondering what the time it normally takes for the call? I’m super nervous! 😅😅

skyisthelimit123
28th Nov 2022, 01:04
I'm doing my medical on Tuesday. I have heard of someone who has been offered a GS for Melb base in January so they are booking people in. Once medicals are done we will hopefully hear more.

Thanks for the update, that is good news! Really hope you hear a date soon.
Hoping that means some more assessment days in the new year then if the hold pool starts getting smaller.

flyingbaby
28th Nov 2022, 02:12
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader. I had my assessment centre in Sydney a few weeks ago and have done my xref, ASIC card application, swim competency and had my medical last week. Just wondering what the time it normally takes for the call? I’m super nervous! 😅😅

It really depends on their end, but I would say at least a few weeks after you submitted everything and completed your medical check.

br787
28th Nov 2022, 05:57
I parked right across the road at the Holiday Inn, $15 for all day parking, very easy and not too expensive and you don't have to worry about parking tickets.
This is a great tip! I've just been looking up all the parking places nearby but this is definitely the cheapest option, thanks for posting, takes away a bit of the AD stress!

Intellisis
28th Nov 2022, 07:05

If you already have your ASIC ID card you can access the Qantas staff parking right next door. Google map Pines Carpark Mascot to get you there.
You enter just before the International terminal, drive up over the overhead ramp and follow that until you see the parking area. Walk towards East and the Qantas building is on your left.

inthecloudsnow
28th Nov 2022, 10:09
Hello - I’m also scheduled for the 4 th Jan GS ✈️💜

Anyone else here scheduled for Jan 4th GS ✈️ Just a little excited 🙌

Kuikymart
28th Nov 2022, 10:18
If you already have your ASIC ID card you can access the Qantas staff parking right next door. Google map Pines Carpark Mascot to get you there.
You enter just before the International terminal, drive up over the overhead ramp and follow that until you see the parking area. Walk towards East and the Qantas building is on your left.

Thankyou 😊

djw024
29th Nov 2022, 13:40
Anyone else here scheduled for Jan 4th GS ✈️ Just a little excited 🙌

4th or 5th?
I start officially on 5th, with contract says starts 4th, with 5 weeks in Melbourne.

PM me if you are the same

djw024
29th Nov 2022, 13:44
Hi. I start GS in Sydney on 4th January.
I start 4th on contract and 5th for first face to face day.

cabincrewpilot
29th Nov 2022, 21:51
4th or 5th?
I start officially on 5th, with contract says starts 4th, with 5 weeks in Melbourne.

how long after the golden call to getting the contract did you wait? :)

Hound123
30th Nov 2022, 00:58
how long been the golden call and getting the content did you wait? :)

Congratulations! All the best for your GS. I got the golden call on a Monday - and received the contract on the Friday.

Intellisis
30th Nov 2022, 05:47
4th or 5th?

I'll be back from MEL for service training in Sydney on Jan 4. I'll keep my eye out for you.

flyingbaby
30th Nov 2022, 09:14
how long after the golden call to getting the contract did you wait? :)

I got my golden call on Wed and received the contract on Friday.

Lucytheflighty
30th Nov 2022, 21:12
Have any INTERNALS heard anything yet? I wonder when our airlines (Qantas Domestic, Qantaslink, Jetstar) are going to release us as they are all short staffed at the moment... Saw lots of trainees last week at the Melbourne training center. Makes me want to apply for Virgin and then apply externally as it looks like the only way to get this job.

Intellisis
30th Nov 2022, 21:31
Have any INTERNALS heard anything yet? I wonder when our airlines (Qantas Domestic, Qantaslink, Jetstar) are going to release us as they are all short staffed at the moment... Saw lots of trainees last week at the Melbourne training center. Makes me want to apply for Virgin and then apply externally as it looks like the only way to get this job.

There were even more this past week in MEL too

Watto22
30th Nov 2022, 22:49
Hey this happened to me too, I think they accidentally processed my application as internal instead of external which is why I couldn't track it. All the emails they sent me with links to the application guide required qantas or jetstar logins to view also. I emailed ID security first but they didn't help as I think they didn't really understand the problem lol. So after a month I just ended up calling the ID services number and they told me it was all cleared and just to wait for a job offer. Not sure why we were the lucky ones with this problem haha but definitely give them a ring, be prepared to wait a bit though as I recall being on hold for 40+ mins :)

Hi Glitter,
How did it all go for you regarding your hearing test and your medical? Did you do another one and have they progressed you through?

debbieitaly
1st Dec 2022, 01:21
I got my golden call on Wed and received the contract on Friday.
Not sure I've replied to this but in case I didn't, CONGRATULATIONS yay so happy for you. How exciting! When do you start gs?

Watto22
1st Dec 2022, 05:32
Hey! I just read up and saw you had a really similar experience to me at the North Sydney centre as well :( I ended up getting a call a week after my medical from qantas asking if I could go get another general hearing test done at a place of my choice (I went to specsavers as it's free). I sent through my results then a few days later received some emails from a qantas nurse asking me about my first experience. She mentioned that they are investigating the situation/bodycare as others are having the same issues. They were really helpful and I am glad they are looking into it!

I believe a week later I received my start date for Dec 1st (but turned it down as it was only 2 weeks notice) so I am now in Jan 4th GS! Good luck with your application, hopefully you should have a similar outcome as me especially now they know this seems to be a recurring issue with the hearing test :)
Hi Glitter,
That's GREAT news! Congrats on your ground school date and all the best, was totally worth what you went through and so glad you were proactive with that.
I've also gone and had a private audiology test at a hearing clinic and received above average results which I've sent through to QF. It's been a week since my medical, I guess no news is still good news.

Rosey123
1st Dec 2022, 07:37
has any MELB internals heard anything,,?

Flighty25
1st Dec 2022, 08:09
Nothing... It's a bit frustrating

skyisthelimit123
1st Dec 2022, 08:58
Just curious if anyone has any insider knowledge on base transfers? Would it be possible to get a transfer in from SYD to MEL reasonably soon once starting?

Rosey123
1st Dec 2022, 09:03
Nothing... It's a bit frustrating
hopefully we get the golden call in a few weeks time, now that MEL DFW starts on the 3rd Dec they will need extra crew

Rosey123
1st Dec 2022, 09:05
nope nothing, what base did you apple for ? i awaiting for MELB base

Lucytheflighty
2nd Dec 2022, 01:54
nope nothing, what base did you apple for ? i awaiting for MELB base
Sydney :sad: I really hope we can hear some news soon... I applied in January and on the Active hold list since May.

Rosey123
2nd Dec 2022, 03:05
Sydney :sad: I really hope we can hear some news soon... I applied in January and on the Active hold list since May.
same..

br787
2nd Dec 2022, 03:34
Anyone else who's had to see a GP due to several questions with their medical questionnaire? It was pretty smooth sailing up until this point and now I'm a bit worried...

Also, I've been following the process for other people and mine seems reversed - I got contacted by bodycare today before I've been emailed about any ASIC/auscheck/Qantas security stuff, and my xref hasn't been completed yet. Maybe they're rushing to get stuff done before xmas?

debbieitaly
2nd Dec 2022, 04:14
Anyone else who's had to see a GP due to several questions with their medical questionnaire? It was pretty smooth sailing up until this point and now I'm a bit worried...

Also, I've been following the process for other people and mine seems reversed - I got contacted by bodycare today before I've been emailed about any ASIC/auscheck/Qantas security stuff, and my xref hasn't been completed yet. Maybe they're rushing to get stuff done before xmas?
I was exactly the same as you. Smooth sailing until the medical then had to see my gp about a few things. I also received that before the security questionairre and ASIC emails. I finished each item last week within a couple of days of each other, and it all progressed nicely. Now I'm just waiting for the ASIC to be cleared and the final offer. You'll be fine, they just like to make sure you're given clearance by a gp to fly so frequently, amd yes I think they may be speeding things up given their knowledge of cabin crew historically having such a high turnover

br787
2nd Dec 2022, 04:24
I was exactly the same as you. Smooth sailing until the medical then had to see my gp about a few things. I also received that before the security questionairre and ASIC emails. I finished each item last week within a couple of days of each other, and it all progressed nicely. Now I'm just waiting for the ASIC to be cleared and the final offer. You'll be fine, they just like to make sure you're given clearance by a gp to fly so frequently, amd yes I think they may be speeding things up given their knowledge of cabin crew historically having such a high turnover

Thanks for this, this is helpful! Hopefully all goes well with my GP, and good luck waiting for the golden call!

jadenjosh123
3rd Dec 2022, 01:14
Hi guys! Newbie here! I appreciate all your informative posts! I did my AD the other day and happy to say i made it! Now Qantas has sent me some of the stuff to do like links for the ASIC, Xref etc... Only issue is the actual link for the "Request for Passport & Visa Requirements" for some reason once i click on the click it takes me to my workday account but it has nothing about completing tasks for passport and visa requirements. There's another link there that takes me to a sign in page for Qantas employees but i cant access that since i dont have any employee log on details yet.

Just wondering if anyone has the same issues? im kinda worried since i only have 48 hrs to finish this part and that' expires tomorrow which is sunday. I already emailed TA since yesterday and they never got back to me.

QFFLYER22
3rd Dec 2022, 01:52
🦘🛫🎈😍 Hi Iam new here - long time viewer- new poster 😃 I got the golden call for Melbourne base Qantas International my GS is JAN 16, good luck Melbourne applicants.

350flyer
3rd Dec 2022, 03:45
Hi everyone! I got the call yesterday! I start Jan 15 with emergency procedures training to be done in London!

QFFLYER22
3rd Dec 2022, 05:09

😃 Hi Rosey123

Im internal, I got offered Melbourne base in January, hope you hear soon

debbieitaly
3rd Dec 2022, 06:25
Hi everyone! I got the call yesterday! I start Jan 15 with emergency procedures training to be done in London!
Oh wow, congratulations! London!!! That's so exciting! (jumping up and down clapping excitedly). What base are you, Sydney or Melbs? Congratulations, you must be over the moon, what an awesome Xmas pressie hey :):D

debbieitaly
3rd Dec 2022, 06:41
Hi everyone! I got the call yesterday! I start Jan 15 with emergency procedures training to be done in London!Sorry for hounding you with all these questions lol, I'm just a bit excited at the prospect of possibly being sent to London ehehe. How long is the emergency procedures training and did they say whether everyone gets sent to London for it?

debbieitaly
3rd Dec 2022, 06:46
Hi guys! Newbie here! I appreciate all your informative posts! I did my AD the other day and happy to say i made it! Now Qantas has sent me some of the stuff to do like links for the ASIC, Xref etc... Only issue is the actual link for the "Request for Passport & Visa Requirements" for some reason once i click on the click it takes me to my workday account but it has nothing about completing tasks for passport and visa requirements. There's another link there that takes me to a sign in page for Qantas employees but i cant access that since i dont have any employee log on details yet.

Just wondering if anyone has the same issues? im kinda worried since i only have 48 hrs to finish this part and that' expires tomorrow which is sunday. I already emailed TA since yesterday and they never got back to me.
I didn't actually get a request for passport and visa details, I think they get you to do that after you've successfully progressed through the xref, medical and ASIC checks. Maybe someone who has already received the golden call can shed some light on this as I'm also very interested to know when they ask for our passports and when we apply for visas

jadenjosh123
3rd Dec 2022, 08:04
yeah, i thought that was kind of wierd since they've already sighted and signed off my Citizenship documents etc.. at AD. Anyway, i hope it's not gonna be such a big deal since TA still hasn't replied to my emails about it.

Hound123
3rd Dec 2022, 08:04
I didn't actually get a request for passport and visa details, I think they get you to do that after you've successfully progressed through the xref, medical and ASIC checks. Maybe someone who has already received the golden call can shed some light on this as I'm also very interested to know when they ask for our passports and when we apply for visas

When I received the golden call I was asked if I had a current passport - which I do. The only visa you need is a US Visa (USA). It is called a C1/D Visa - for crew. Instructions on how to apply for the visa is sent out at the same time as the Contract. It is an online application and costs $272 - payable to the US Consulate. You can claim that back from Qantas after you start employment.
You need to have a current passport so the visa can be attached to one of the pages.

debbieitaly
3rd Dec 2022, 09:26
When I received the golden call I was asked if I had a current passport - which I do. The only visa you need is a US Visa (USA). It is called a C1/D Visa - for crew. Instructions on how to apply for the visa is sent out at the same time as the Contract. It is an online application and costs $272 - payable to the US Consulate. You can claim that back from Qantas after you start employment.
You need to have a current passport so the visa can be attached to one of the pages.
Thank you so much for this info, that makes a lot of sense. Thank goodness I renewed my passport this year. May I ask is the $272 in AUD or USD?

Hound123
3rd Dec 2022, 10:10
Thank you so much for this info, that makes a lot of sense. Thank goodness I renewed my passport this year. May I ask is the $272 in AUD or USD?

It is in Australian Dollars.
The visa is valid for 5 years.

Flighty25
4th Dec 2022, 01:47
😃 Hi Rosey123

Hi!

Melbourne internal here too but still no news. What airline do you work for Domestic, JQ or Qantaslink?

Cheers!

cabincrewpilot
5th Dec 2022, 01:00
I received my call on Tuesday last week but am still waiting for my contract. Is there a normal time it takes to come through and should I be contacting someone as it seems to be taking a while. Thanks!

QFFLYER22
5th Dec 2022, 01:44
Hi!

Melbourne internal here too but still no news. What airline do you work for Domestic, JQ or Qantaslink?

Cheers!

Hi 😉
I believe a few have got spots in the MEL GS.
I am Qantas Ground. Hope you get some news soon.

debbieitaly
5th Dec 2022, 02:32
It is in Australian Dollars.
The visa is valid for 5 years.
That's a relief! Thanks for that 🙏

br787
5th Dec 2022, 02:41
Hi Hound, did they ask for a certain number of months validity for the passport? I've got about 12 months left on mine and wondering if I should start applying for a new one

Hound123
5th Dec 2022, 04:47
Hi Hound, did they ask for a certain number of months validity for the passport? I've got about 12 months left on mine and wondering if I should start applying for a new one

Hi. Twelve months validity should be ok. However, be mindful that some countries (eg., Indonesia) require at least 6 months validity remaining on passports to enter their country.

FYI. If you have an unexpired US Visa (crew) - valid for 5 yrs - in an expired passport, you can still use that visa. You must present both your old passport (with the visa) and your new passport each time you enter the USA. I have worked as international cabin crew before, and I would try and match the US Visa validity dates and passport validity dates as closely as possible. It was much easier to carry only one passport! :)

br787
5th Dec 2022, 08:30
Hi. Twelve months validity should be ok. However, be mindful that some countries (eg., Indonesia) require at least 6 months validity remaining on passports to enter their country.

FYI. If you have an unexpired US Visa (crew) - valid for 5 yrs - in an expired passport, you can still use that visa. You must present both your old passport (with the visa) and your new passport each time you enter the USA. I have worked as international cabin crew before, and I would try and match the US Visa validity dates and passport validity dates as closely as possible. It was much easier to carry only one passport! :)
Thanks that's really helpful! Might be worth getting a new one soon cos I'll prob just have to do it in six months anyway. There's another $300 gone lol

Shazza90
5th Dec 2022, 21:29
Hi all,

had my assessment day last Tuesday, got the email on Wednesday night to say I progressed, late Thursday I got the Xref email, and then Friday I got the bodycare email and paid for the medical. I am booked in today but the email saying I progressed said I would get an email from workday to set up and then a link for my ASIC application but have still not received? Are they waiting till after medical or is this normal for it to be the last thing sent?

br787
6th Dec 2022, 01:09
Hi all,

had my assessment day last Tuesday, got the email on Wednesday night to say I progressed, late Thursday I got the Xref email, and then Friday I got the bodycare email and paid for the medical. I am booked in today but the email saying I progressed said I would get an email from workday to set up and then a link for my ASIC application but have still not received? Are they waiting till after medical or is this normal for it to be the last thing sent?
My timeline is exactly the same as yours (except I haven't received a booking date for the medical check yet). I've asked the same question and was told it might still take a while to get the ASIC application. I've emailed TA about it anyway but haven't received a reply yet. I'm just as keen as you to get it going, especially if it takes a couple of months to process!

Shazza90
6th Dec 2022, 02:53
My timeline is exactly the same as yours (except I haven't received a booking date for the medical check yet). I've asked the same question and was told it might still take a while to get the ASIC application. I've emailed TA about it anyway but haven't received a reply yet. I'm just as keen as you to get it going, especially if it takes a couple of months to process!

With the medical I just called the Bodycare Melbourne Head Office, and he got me an appointment whilst on the phone, he said most places are booked out for a month or two because of the amount of crew going for them, but Seven Hills is the only one he can see and book in real time where the others he has to call and check and long process. So booked for Seven Hills, which I am having today at 5:30pm. I have also emailed TA about the missing workday email and ASIC link and still yet to hear back.

danigirl
6th Dec 2022, 05:51
Hi Guys! I got my golden call today! I start GS on 8th of Feb. I was told some would be in Melb and some in Syd. I did my AD in Melb for Melb base on 10/3. I'm external. I've been on active hold since May. Did my medical a week ago. So it's all happening this week for Melb base so keep those phones close and answer all the random calls 😀 good luck everyone. It's been a long journey but it seems our time is finally here. ✈️✈️✈️

debbieitaly
6th Dec 2022, 06:37
Hi Guys! I got my golden call today! I start GS on 8th of Feb. I was told some would be in Melb and some in Syd. I did my AD in Melb for Melb base on 10/3. I'm external. I've been on active hold since May. Did my medical a week ago. So it's all happening this week for Melb base so keep those phones close and answer all the random calls 😀 good luck everyone. It's been a long journey but it seems our time is finally here. ✈️✈️✈️
Yaaaay, I'm so happy for you danigirl, thats wonderful news!! What a great xmas pressie hey, an extra special reason to celebrate :) Would you mind telling me whether they call from a visible or private number? I've had a few private calls today but I didn't answer them cause I thought I have to wait at least 6-8 given my ASIC was only submitted last week.

QueenP
6th Dec 2022, 08:33
Is anyone on here Sydney based starting on the 8th Jan and going to Abu Dhabi would love to connect prior to going :)

Shazza90
6th Dec 2022, 08:47
I just thought I would let anyone know who has had their medical done at SEVEN HILLS Sydney at Physiocare, please go get your blood pressure checked at chemist and take picture... They had the cuff so loose it was falling down my arm, and it gave an extremely high reading, which was not accurate, and I should be dead with a reading like it was... I went to chemist got them to check, and even bought a omicron one myself from chemist that says its accurate and for doctors to use and even checked, and the two readings done at chemist were normal and two readings I have done hear at my house are normal. So I called body care as they were closing, and they said to email the pictures of the readings over with the medical to Qantas and my email explaining what happened.

The Physio at Seven Hills when I asked him could it be re checked, he said "Dont worry your not the highest one Ive seen for cabin crew medicals today" and then I said yes but I know Qantas looks at this and takes this into consideration, and he said let it go and move on. So just wanted to pass the advice on for everyone.

danigirl
6th Dec 2022, 09:29
Yaaaay, I'm so happy for you danigirl, thats wonderful news!! What a great xmas pressie hey, an extra special reason to celebrate :) Would you mind telling me whether they call from a visible or private number? I've had a few private calls today but I didn't answer them cause I thought I have to wait at least 6-8 given my ASIC was only submitted last week.

Thank you! It was a mobile number not private and I imagine they would leave you a voicemail. You're unlikely to get a call until you have all your green ticks for your ASIC tho. That can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on how slammed they are. Good luck!

br787
6th Dec 2022, 10:38
If anyone's looking for a way to pass the time while waiting for replies, check out Secret Life of the Long Haul Flight https://youtu.be/iV_p2WguzFI
It follows a Qantas A380 flight from London to Sydney, and gives a good look into the cabin crew job along with all other components of a flight.

danigirl
6th Dec 2022, 17:55
If anyone's looking for a way to pass the time while waiting for replies, check out Secret Life of the Long Haul Flight https://youtu.be/iV_p2WguzFI
It follows a Qantas A380 flight from London to Sydney, and gives a good look into the cabin crew job along with all other components of a flight.

I watched this earlier this year and it was fascinating to see all that goes on behind the scenes and the crew rests etc. 😊

br787
7th Dec 2022, 01:56
With the medical I just called the Bodycare Melbourne Head Office, and he got me an appointment whilst on the phone, he said most places are booked out for a month or two because of the amount of crew going for them, but Seven Hills is the only one he can see and book in real time where the others he has to call and check and long process. So booked for Seven Hills, which I am having today at 5:30pm. I have also emailed TA about the missing workday email and ASIC link and still yet to hear back.
Thanks for the tip, I called bodycare too and now I'm booked in in a couple of weeks for my medical. I also got a reply about the ASIC application and spoken to TA, they're trying to sort it out cos they said it should've been sent to me already...

Shazza90
7th Dec 2022, 02:34
Thanks for the tip, I called bodycare too and now I'm booked in in a couple of weeks for my medical. I also got a reply about the ASIC application and spoken to TA, they're trying to sort it out cos they said it should've been sent to me already...

yes TA called me today and did the workday manually on the phone with me and then got my ASIC link within 1 hour of that.

TrolleyD
7th Dec 2022, 03:13
I just want to advise anyone scheduled for GS soon.
Make sure that you have no social engagements planned as the course is hard if you have no previous airline experience. You will need to spend all of your spare time studying in preparation for the exams which are often and need to be word perfect. I'm surviving on 4-5 hours sleep per night just to keep up. If you have already received your manuals, start becoming familiar with them.
Getting to this stage does not mean you have a job. I have seen 4 people from 3 different classes sent home in the past 3 weeks because they couldn't cut it. It's a tough course because you need to be able to absorb what it takes from a safety standpoint and learning the drills and commands can be exhausting and there is no room for error. You are being assessed from the moment you walk in the door.

Millsdeandra em
7th Dec 2022, 03:59
Is anyone on here Sydney based starting on the 8th Jan and going to Abu Dhabi would love to connect prior to going :)

Hi there!! Yessss, We are on the same ground school :)

FFDAZZ
8th Dec 2022, 04:26
Can canyons advise how long it took to hear back regarding outcomes from medical and asic?
my doctor had to complete some paperwork regarding some medication so no doubt it would have to be reviewed by QF doctors ?

br787
8th Dec 2022, 04:31
yes TA called me today and did the workday manually on the phone with me and then got my ASIC link within 1 hour of that.
Hi Shazza, can I ask what was the workday thing they said? I got my security email finally but nothing showing on workday so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

flyingbaby
8th Dec 2022, 07:26
Can canyons advise how long it took to hear back regarding outcomes from medical and asic?
my doctor had to complete some paperwork regarding some medication so no doubt it would have to be reviewed by QF doctors ?

I did my medical on a Friday (4:30pm appt) and bodycare sent the medical report to Qantas a week later
ASIC - took about 6-8 weeks for me to receive the card after I completed the security check
If there are any issues with ASIC, they will ask you to provide additional details so if you don't hear anything, it is a good sign.

I received the golden call before I received the ASIC card

Hound123
8th Dec 2022, 21:16

I did my medical on a Wednesday, and I got the golden call the following Monday. My security check/ASIC took exactly 8 weeks. I only received notification about my ASIC after I received the golden call.

debbieitaly
8th Dec 2022, 21:26
I did my medical on a Wednesday, and I got the golden call the following Monday. My security check/ASIC took exactly 8 weeks. I only received notification about my ASIC after I received the golden call.
Oh wow, that was super quick!

FFDAZZ
8th Dec 2022, 23:49
Thats amazing!! Congratulations!!

gg_gop
9th Dec 2022, 00:25
Hey, when will you start your GS? and do you have to go to Abu Dhabi?

Hound123
9th Dec 2022, 03:45
Hey, when will you start your GS? and do you have to go to Abu Dhabi?

My GS starts on 4th January in Sydney. :)

daisy12345
9th Dec 2022, 04:05
hey guys,
how long did it take for everyone to get their golden calls after their ASIC was submitted for background checks?
i got the text about my ID being submitted for background checks on the 23/11 and my medical was completed the day after that, and still waiting on the call. could the fact that i currently hold an ASIC for a different airline have anything to do with it taking a while? starting to stress!!!!!
thanks guys

QueenP
9th Dec 2022, 06:47
Amazing, do you have instagram or snapchat?
Insta: pauljtudball
Snap: paultyquin

:)

Watto22
11th Dec 2022, 00:07
hey guys,
how long did it take for everyone to get their golden calls after their ASIC was submitted for background checks?
i got the text about my ID being submitted for background checks on the 23/11 and my medical was completed the day after that, and still waiting on the call. could the fact that i currently hold an ASIC for a different airline have anything to do with it taking a while? starting to stress!!!!!
thanks guys
My timeline is similar to yours. Completed my ASIC about a week before you and did my medical on the same day and no word yet. I think Bodycare have been swamped. Fingers crossed we hear something this week.

Lucytheflighty
11th Dec 2022, 00:11
Hey guys! Did any other internals get a ground school? I got called on Friday *SYD base

flyingbaby
11th Dec 2022, 01:53
Hi, for those who have received their golden calls, did the recruitment team call you with a mobile phone number? I missed a few calls on Friday and called them back but they all had incoming phone restrictions. Will the Qantas talent team send an email or text if you miss your golden call? Low key worried now hahahaa

Yes, they do call you with a mobile number and they also would leave a voice message if you did not answer.

flyingbaby
11th Dec 2022, 01:57
hey guys,
thanks guys

It really depends - please see the following quotes

I did my medical on a Friday (4:30pm appt) and bodycare sent the medical report to Qantas a week later
ASIC - took about 6-8 weeks for me to receive the card after I completed the security check
If there are any issues with ASIC, they will ask you to provide additional details so if you don't hear anything, it is a good sign.

I received the golden call before I received the ASIC card

flyingbaby
11th Dec 2022, 01:59
Hey guys! Did any other internals get a ground school? I got called on Friday *SYD base

Congrats! When is your GS?

debbieitaly
12th Dec 2022, 21:57
Hi everyone, I emailed TA last week to ask if there was any way I could check the progress of my ASIC application, and they replied yesterday advising that it was complete and they have recieved clearance for that. I'm wondering if you guys might have any ideas why I haven't been called since now everything is complete?

TrolleyD
12th Dec 2022, 23:55
Hi everyone, I emailed TA last week to ask if there was any way I could check the progress of my ASIC application, and they replied yesterday advising that it was complete and they have recieved clearance for that. I'm wondering if you guys might have any ideas why I haven't been called since now everything is complete?

You Will only be called once they have you scheduled for a Ground School

Watto22
13th Dec 2022, 01:03

It's called the waiting game :))

Watto22
13th Dec 2022, 01:14
You Will only be called once they have you scheduled for a Ground School

I just want to advise anyone scheduled for GS soon.
Make sure that you have no social engagements planned as the course is hard if you have no previous airline experience. You will need to spend all of your spare time studying in preparation for the exams which are often and need to be word perfect. I'm surviving on 4-5 hours sleep per night just to keep up. If you have already received your manuals, start becoming familiar with them.
Getting to this stage does not mean you have a job. I have seen 4 people from 3 different classes sent home in the past 3 weeks because they couldn't cut it. It's a tough course because you need to be able to absorb what it takes from a safety standpoint and learning the drills and commands can be exhausting and there is no room for error. You are being assessed from the moment you walk in the door.

Good tips, thank you. Hoping its smooth sailing for the rest of you. Those are pretty high stats. Never good to see someone get that far and not quite be the right fit for the job.

Shazza90
13th Dec 2022, 01:28
I spoke with someone from TA today (as they called me a week ago to help as didn't get the ASIC link) they said all Jan GS are full and finalised the next lot of GS are in Feb and March, however they won't start calling or booking people in till very early Jan for them. Thought that would help, he said if there is no update by Feb to contact them.

Hope this helps you :)

Yumm34
13th Dec 2022, 03:05
Hey,
I was just wondering if it is possible to ask for a specific location of gs or do you have to just stick to the gs location allocated to you?

FFDAZZ
13th Dec 2022, 05:41
I spoke with someone from TA today (as they called me a week ago to help as didn't get the ASIC link) they said all Jan GS are full and finalised the next lot of GS are in Feb and March, however they won't start calling or booking people in till very early Jan for them. Thought that would help, he said if there is no update by Feb to contact them.

Awsome update :) Thankyou

Zzxyz
13th Dec 2022, 12:40
Hey,
I was just wondering if it is possible to ask for a specific location of gs or do you have to just stick to the gs location allocated to you?

i know someone who was able to get a gs of their location due to their certain circumstances. Maybe upon getting a call, let them know and ask if you can be given a day or two to think about it

skyisthelimit123
14th Dec 2022, 08:24
Does any one have any idea how many MEL base ground schools are planned at this stage?

QFFLYER22
14th Dec 2022, 08:51
Does any one have any idea how many MEL base ground schools are planned at this stage?

😃 2 so far 16 JAN & 8 FEB, hopefully more in the new year.

Rosey123
14th Dec 2022, 11:34
😃 Hi Rosey123

Congratulations!
no I’m still waiting for that golden call
hopefully soon

theskyismyhome
15th Dec 2022, 03:25

Hey congrats! What date is your GS? I’m still waiting to hear :(

Flygirl12345
16th Dec 2022, 02:39
Hi guys! I completed my medical last Friday, and the Friday before that my documents were verified and send off for my security check! My question is… will I be waiting another 4-6 weeks to hear back from Qantas to be offered a GS because my asic isn’t approved yet? Or do they still offer you a ground school while it’s in the process. Thanks :)

danigirl
17th Dec 2022, 01:43
Hi guys! I completed my medical last Friday, and the Friday before that my documents were verified and send off for my security check! My question is… will I be waiting another 4-6 weeks to hear back from Qantas to be offered a GS because my asic isn’t approved yet? Or do they still offer you a ground school while it’s in the process. Thanks :)

you need security clearance before you will get a golden call.

br787
20th Dec 2022, 02:04
Just a heads up for anyone yet to do their medical, apparently the drug test isn't being done by the physio with the rest of the medical checks anymore and needs to be done by Laverty Pathology. Bodycare forgot to send me the paperwork for the pathology when my medical was booked, so make sure you get it as it caused some confusion and phone calls during my medical check.

gg_gop
20th Dec 2022, 07:54
Hey guys, just wondering if there is anyone here that went to the assessment day in Sydney on the 1st of December? I would like to know which stages are you up to now? I just did my medical last week and wondering if i will get a call anytime soon? Would be nice to hear from you guys. Thanks!

Flygirl12345
20th Dec 2022, 07:58
Hey guys, just wondering if there is anyone here that went to the assessment day in Sydney on the 1st of December? I would like to know which stages are you up to now? I just did my medical last week and wondering if i will get a call anytime soon? Would be nice to hear from you guys. Thanks!
Hi! Had my assessment day on the 29th November and medical nearly 2 weeks ago. I’ve been told we won’t be called until our ASIC is approved so I’m going to assume after Christmas/early jan

jadenjosh123
20th Dec 2022, 11:00
I was there! Did my last part of the Medicals yesterday so pretty much on waiting mode now :rolleyes:

Chucklee
21st Dec 2022, 01:32
Hey guys, I applied internally in October and still haven’t heard anything but they are advertising again. How long does it normally to take to hear after initially applying?
Thank you!

QFFLYER22
21st Dec 2022, 09:08
Hey guys, I applied internally in October and still haven’t heard anything but they are advertising again. How long does it normally to take to hear after initially applying?
Thank you!

😉 The January 2022 applications waited almost 1 year to get a position I’m commence my GS 12 months to the day I applied internally, many internals from JAN 22 still waiting for positions, they told the current internals on active hold they will be processed as a priority over the new applications from October, so be prepared to wait quite a while mabey 12 months.

1plus1is11
22nd Dec 2022, 04:24
😉 The January 2022 applications waited almost 1 year to get a position I’m commence my GS 12 months to the day I applied internally, many internals from JAN 22 still waiting for positions, they told the current internals on active hold they will be processed as a priority over the new applications from October, so be prepared to wait quite a while mabey 12 months.

Applied back in Jan, 2022.
Recieved 2 emails.

May = congrats, this is not an offer of employment and a position in active hold does not guarantee an offer from the Qantas group in the future.

September = update, and again this is not an offer of employment and a position in active hold does not guarantee an offer in the future.

December, 2022 = no update, no nothing while external candidates are going through ground school.

​​​​

danigirl
22nd Dec 2022, 06:42

I got my golden call on Dec 6th for Melb base Feb 8th GS. I applied back in January. I assume that GS is now full so I imagine the March/April GS will get allocated in the NY when the TA team return from the xmas break. Its only a couple of weeks so things will recommence no doubt in a flurry in the NY. Good luck everyone and enjoy the festive season

Flight2022
22nd Dec 2022, 22:47
Morning

I have applied for Qantas twice.

First time i went to AD and didn't progress to next stage of reference checks etc.

Second time i have made it as far as ASIC check, which is currently in progress.

My AD was in Mid November (November 16th). I received the email to say i had progressed to reference check day after.

I updated my details in Workday a few days later followed by an email for Qantas security ID link for ASIC application. ASIC application took quite a while as it revert numerous times due to photo and some document details.

While doing ASIC application i did medical at Eastgardens Body Care water competency, and submitted all my documents to TA. All required documents including completed ASIC was submitted by December 6th (received text and email to confirm). I would expect my ASIC would be approved in early January.

I heard from a TA a while back they are taking Christmas and New years off, recommencing early January 2023. This was conformed with an email that went out yesterday (December 22nd) from the workday auto generated email, to applicants confirming applications are in review and they will be in touch in the New Years. Perhaps those who receive this email can expect there chances of potential offer are reasonable.

Hope this helps a few candidates that are still in the process.

theskyismyhome
23rd Dec 2022, 04:57
Applied back in Jan, 2022.
Recieved 2 emails.

May = congrats, this is not an offer of employment and a position in active hold does not guarantee an offer from the Qantas group in the future.

September = update, and again this is not an offer of employment and a position in active hold does not guarantee an offer in the future.

December, 2022 = no update, no nothing while external candidates are going through ground school.

​​​​

Hey I’m in the same position as you! Internal candidate. Did you get another update email today too? Which base are you waiting for? I applied for SYD!

1plus1is11
23rd Dec 2022, 05:52
Hey I’m in the same position as you! Internal candidate. Did you get another update email today too? Which base are you waiting for? I applied for SYD!

Hey,

Yes did get an email today. The carrot on that stick is getting further and harder to bite now.

Dec = As 2022 comes to a close we wanted to reach out and provide you with an update......... your application remains under review and we will be in touch with you early in the New Year (early-mid January)..........

Key words are 'under review'
To me its
30 % yes
70 % no

They have a whole year and the application is still 'under review'

Anyhow, SYD as well here aswell​​​​

Flighty12345
23rd Dec 2022, 11:49
Morning

I have applied for Qantas twice.

First time i went to AD and didn't progress to next stage of reference checks etc.

Second time i have made it as far as ASIC check, which is currently in progress.

My AD was in Mid November (November 16th). I received the email to say i had progressed to reference check day after.

I updated my details in Workday a few days later followed by an email for Qantas security ID link for ASIC application. ASIC application took quite a while as it revert numerous times due to photo and some document details.

While doing ASIC application i did medical at Eastgardens Body Care water competency, and submitted all my documents to TA. All required documents including completed ASIC was submitted by December 6th (received text and email to confirm). I would expect my ASIC would be approved in early January.

I heard from a TA a while back they are taking Christmas and New years off, recommencing early January 2023. This was conformed with an email that went out yesterday (December 22nd) from the workday auto generated email, to applicants confirming applications are in review and they will be in touch in the New Years. Perhaps those who receive this email can expect there chances of potential offer are reasonable.

Hope this helps a few candidates that are still in the process.

I also received this email.. however applied January 22, received questionnaire 6 months later and still waiting to be invited for an assessment day…