PDA

View Full Version : Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

timetoflyrn
23rd Sep 2022, 03:36
Hey! Anyone here that was from September AD that have just finished doing their Xref and submitting ASIC/Aus Check?

Hey! Congratulations!
I attended the AD in Sydney last 15th of Sep, were you on the same AD??? I just completed Xref and have submitted ASIC/Auscheck as well.
Let me know for any updates!

djw024
25th Sep 2022, 06:23
Thank you so much! I was nervous for the written exam for no reason as it was fairly easy!=)
I have passed the AD, and have completed reference checks and applied for the ASIC ID.
Will probably have to focus on my current job at the moment as I can see from this thread - the waiting time can be quite long.
Thank you again!
WOO HOO!!!!!
thats exciting!!!!!!
when you attending the AD, did they mention anything about when you guys are expecting to join the company?

timetoflyrn
25th Sep 2022, 15:36
WOO HOO!!!!!
thats exciting!!!!!!
when you attending the AD, did they mention anything about when you guys are expecting to join the company?

Thanks! They said we can expect around January to June 2023, such a long wait but just happy to have passed. Will keep myself busy so time will fly by quickly...

flyingbaby
26th Sep 2022, 09:09
Hi all, I attended the AD on 14/9 and completed the reference check. I have not received any ASIC check. Do the reference check and ASIC check come together?

flyingbaby
26th Sep 2022, 09:09
Thanks! They said we can expect around January to June 2023, such a long wait but just happy to have passed. Will keep myself busy so time will fly by quickly...

Hi all, I attended the AD on 14/9 and completed the reference check. I have not received any ASIC check. Does the reference check and ASIC check come together?

flyingbaby
26th Sep 2022, 10:59
Hi all, I attended the AD on 14/9 and completed the reference check. I have not received any ASIC check. Does the reference check and ASIC check come together?

Qan22
26th Sep 2022, 11:37
Hi everyone!
Is there anyone who received an email from Qantas today? Mention the hold pool and a minimum of 8 weeks of notice from Qantas. I know that I am not in the 26/10 ground school. Is there anyone know when will be the next ground school? kind of sad when received the email... hope that I can join the ground school soon. Btw, I've done my medical and AOD last week.

Intellisis
27th Sep 2022, 08:29
can I ask how medical was? Was it hard

I'm not a regular gym goer and I had no difficulty with it. It's mostly functional assessment. I do advise being aware of the correct way to lift heavy objects because there is a focus on that.
Don't drink coffee prior because they do monitor heart rate and blood pressure.

Intellisis
27th Sep 2022, 08:32

Hi Flyingbaby,
No, reference checks are conducted by an external 3rd party - Auscheck and ASIC are submitted and monitiored by Qantas idservices. They will send you a link.

danigirl
27th Sep 2022, 08:34

Hi. The security check/ASIC will come separately from Qantas ID Services who are a contractor. It can take a few weeks for that to arrive in some cases. Depends on how many are in the pipeline. Be patient it's a looooong process. Good luck.

danigirl
27th Sep 2022, 08:37
Hi everyone!
Is there anyone who received an email from Qantas today? Mention the hold pool and a minimum of 8 weeks of notice from Qantas. I know that I am not in the 26/10 ground school. Is there anyone know when will be the next ground school? kind of sad when received the email... hope that I can join the ground school soon. Btw, I've done my medical and AOD last week.

A bunch of us got this email yesterday both Melb and Syd base. It seems only Syd base seem to be progressing to medicals and then GS so if you're Syd base you might hear soon. There are a couple of GS starting in Nov from what I can gather.

flyingbaby
27th Sep 2022, 11:20
Hi Flyingbaby,
No, reference checks are conducted by an external 3rd party - Auscheck and ASIC are submitted and monitiored by Qantas idservices. They will send you a link.
That's really helpful. Thank you for that. :)

flyingbaby
27th Sep 2022, 11:33
Hi. The security check/ASIC will come separately from Qantas ID Services who are a contractor. It can take a few weeks for that to arrive in some cases. Depends on how many are in the pipeline. Be patient it's a looooong process. Good luck.
That's reassuring. I think you are right, being patient is the only thing that we can do for now.

I applied for this job in March and AD in September. Yesterday I received another e-mail saying I am on active pool and a min. 8 weeks' notice. I think some people received this e-mail as well back in May.

Qan22
27th Sep 2022, 12:31
A bunch of us got this email yesterday both Melb and Syd base. It seems only Syd base seem to be progressing to medicals and then GS so if you're Syd base you might hear soon. There are a couple of GS starting in Nov from what I can gather.
Hi Danigirl,
Thanks for the information. I am SYD base. Figercross that we can hear something soon.

djw024
28th Sep 2022, 08:22
Hi everyone!
Not trying to upset you, but if your AD is in Sep, you probably looking at GS maybe May or June 2023, average wait time is 6 - 8 Months I believe

djw024
28th Sep 2022, 08:24
Hi everyone!

the newest GS commence date for this year is 20th Nov. thats based on the info shared in our IG group

Intellisis
28th Sep 2022, 20:19
Hi everyone!

Don't be sad yet Qan22. Many people received the same email and I know of one who has also received a call to commence GS in November

timetoflyrn
29th Sep 2022, 01:39

Hi! Congratulations!
I received the reference check first then I think the ASIC check the next day...

flyingbaby
29th Sep 2022, 02:01
Hi! Congratulations!
I received the reference check first then I think the ASIC check the next day...

that’s what I have read here, however I have not received the ASIC email which is strange.

Intellisis
29th Sep 2022, 04:09
that’s what I have read here, however I have not received the ASIC email which is strange.

It came through for me at the same time as the Xref email. Have you checked your junk email folder?

flyingbaby
29th Sep 2022, 04:50
It came through for me at the same time as the Xref email. Have you checked your junk email folder?

I have checked the junk e-mail. Nothing there and I have also checked workday as well and no task for me to complete. I have sent an email to them but no reply.

djw024
29th Sep 2022, 09:01
I received email from Bodycare and request for certificates today, two emails came in together.
my AD is 19th May for Sydney Base

lovetravel
29th Sep 2022, 09:31
Hey! I actually had the same issue a few months ago. Around May after my AD in Brisbane. I contacted TA and ID Services about this. They sorted out my link in.a few days. Make sure you do that! :)

Yay! I'm from the Brisbane AD on the 18th. So exciting. I got my email this week too and just did my medical today. Good luck!

Intellisis
29th Sep 2022, 18:16
I received email from Bodycare and request for certificates today, two emails came in together.
my AD is 19th May for Sydney Base

Congratulations! Finally starting to progress.

danigirl
29th Sep 2022, 21:11

Hi flyingbaby, I was March AD in Melb. I received xref and an email same day to update my personal details. It was then almost 3 weeks after submitting xref that I then was sent the link from ID Services to then upload signed docs to begin the security clearance. I had all my green ticks within 2 days except for the last tick. After 4 weeks of waiting I emailed them and next day it was all completed. I'd wait a couple of weeks for your ID Services link as things are hectic but sometimes it doesn't hurt to prompt them as things can get stuck in the giant cog and might need a push or someone to just push that final button. But usually you have to submit and clear xref stage before they progress you to Asic security clearance stage. Good luck 🤞

djw024
30th Sep 2022, 00:09
Hey! I actually had the same issue a few months ago. Around May after my AD in Brisbane. I contacted TA and ID Services about this. They sorted out my link in.a few days. Make sure you do that! :)

Yay! I'm from the Brisbane AD on the 18th. So exciting. I got my email this week too and just did my medical today. Good luck!
hey How are u!
someone finally from Brisbane! nica to meet u

djw024
30th Sep 2022, 00:10
Congratulations! Finally starting to progress.
I know, I was having a nap, and I saw the Email and text, I literally jumped out of the bed! LOL

djw024
30th Sep 2022, 00:11
I have checked the junk e-mail. Nothing there and I have also checked workday as well and no task for me to complete. I have sent an email to them but no reply.
1300 303 411
this the the Qantas ID Service Number, maybe give them a ring and see if they can have it sorted.

lovetravel
30th Sep 2022, 00:12
hey How are u!
someone finally from Brisbane! nica to meet u

Hey! So awesome to meet u on here :) Hopefully we will both be lucky and end up in the same ground school. I'm so excited for all of us :)

djw024
30th Sep 2022, 00:59
not sure if this help, the Email should look like this one (I am copying and pasting mine here)

Subject: Qantas ID Application
Sender: [email protected]
content:Hi xxxxxxx,

Our records indicate that you require a Qantas ID.

Before commencing your ID application, please read the ID Application Guide:

https://ids.qantas.com.au/QF_IDS/admin/getFAQFiles?pdfFileName=Applicant_FAQs_Doc.pdf (https://ids.qantas.com.au/QF_IDS/admin/getFAQFiles?pdfFileName=Applicant_FAQs_Doc.pdf)

Identification documents need to be certified (reviewed and approved) by a Qantas approved person.

The photo image for your ID card ( if applicable) that you upload MUST meet the Regulator's requirements as specified in the application. Non compliant photos cannot be accepted and the application will be reverted back to the applicant to update.

Please complete your application as soon as possible as the link above will expire after 30 days. If your link has expired and you require a new one, please email [email protected].

Please click the link below to complete your ID application:

Click Here

New applicants can track the status of an application by signing back into the application and selecting the pink "Application Status" icon.

This is a system generated email, please do not reply.

Kind Regards,
ID Security
Qantas Airways Limited
************** PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING *************
******************* Confidentiality and Privilege Notice *******************

This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901
Visit Qantas online at http://qantas.com
However, before you receive this Email, you MUST complete some steps send to you prior to this Email (which, by completing the steps triggers the ID Email to be sent to you), and the Email looks lioke this:

Subject: Request for Personal Information
Sender: [email protected]
Content:

To ensure we are able to capture all of your personal information as you progress through to the next stages of the recruitment process, please click on the link at the bottom of this email to log into your Workday profile to enter your personal and contact information within the next 24-48 hours.

To update your personal information:

Step 1: Update all of the below fields marked with a red asterisk (if you have not already done so)
Step 2: Click OK to submit changes

Date of Birth
Country of Birth
Region of Birth
City of Birth

Be sure to confirm all of your contact information is up to date.

To return to the homepage, click on the cloud icon on the top right and select Candidate Home.

Step 1: On the Candidate Home page select the Update Contact Information
Step 2: Update the below fields. (if you have not already done so)
Step 3: Click OK when complete

Full Legal Name
Address
Contact Details

Please send all inquiries or updates in regards to your current situation relating to the recruitment process to [email protected].

Thank you again for your time invested so far into the recruitment process.

Warmest regards
Qantas Talent Acquisition Team
(Personal Link removed)

Hope this helps

flyingbaby
30th Sep 2022, 01:37
1300 303 411
this the the Qantas ID Service Number, maybe give them a ring and see if they can have it sorted.

Thank you so much! I sent an email to TA yesterday and they responded me and said they tried to send the link again! However, I haven’t received anything still.

And got an email said this request has been closed. I tried to email again to follow up today and have not even received any email (usually will have an email with a reference number).

I am calling this number now and has been on hold for quite a while now.

fingers crossed!

flyingbaby
30th Sep 2022, 01:39
Hi flyingbaby, I was March AD in Melb. I received xref and an email same day to update my personal details. It was then almost 3 weeks after submitting xref that I then was sent the link from ID Services to then upload signed docs to begin the security clearance. I had all my green ticks within 2 days except for the last tick. After 4 weeks of waiting I emailed them and next day it was all completed. I'd wait a couple of weeks for your ID Services link as things are hectic but sometimes it doesn't hurt to prompt them as things can get stuck in the giant cog and might need a push or someone to just push that final button. But usually you have to submit and clear xref stage before they progress you to Asic security clearance stage. Good luck 🤞

Thank you for this! It’s so clear for us to know the process and I think some of us are falling into the gap, having people sharing this is so helpful.

flyingbaby
30th Sep 2022, 01:45
not sure if this help, the Email should look like this one (I am copying and pasting mine here)

Hope this helps

This is so helpful!! Thank you so much for that. I can already feel the love from Qantas cabin crew. Let’s continue supporting each other!

djw024
30th Sep 2022, 11:47
This is so helpful!! Thank you so much for that. I can already feel the love from Qantas cabin crew. Let’s continue supporting each other!
Its okay, this process is very very long and torturing, so whatever I can help, by all means, we will

Ash380
2nd Oct 2022, 00:24
Hi :-)

I am new here, I had my AD day on September 14 in Sydney then completed X-REF and Security on September 16th all my green ticks are back and was contacted on Friday by bodycare for AOD and Medical, which is on Tuesday, TA called me on Friday to email my certificates and water check in. The lady I spoke too mentioned GS may commence on 21 NOV good luck everyone

Intellisis
2nd Oct 2022, 04:30
Hi :-)

I am new here, I had my AD day on September 14 in Sydney then completed X-REF and Security on September 16th all my green ticks are back and was contacted on Friday by bodycare for AOD and Medical, which is on Tuesday, TA called me on Friday to email my certificates and water check in. The lady I spoke too mentioned GS may commence on 21 NOV good luck everyone

Congratulations. Sounds like you're being fast tracked. When did you apply?
Obviously a few GS are being scheduled. Mine starts earlier in November

Zzxyz
2nd Oct 2022, 07:40

Hey Intellis, sounds like good news that things are moving now. When did TA give you the golden call for Nov GS? Still holding on tightly as I did medicals last week haha

Intellisis
2nd Oct 2022, 08:24
Hey Intellis, sounds like good news that things are moving now. When did TA give you the golden call for Nov GS? Still holding on tightly as I did medicals last week haha
8 days

Ash380
2nd Oct 2022, 11:30
Hi I applied around late June, it’s my 1st time to apply for an airline job, wonder why it’s fast tracked, good luck with ur GS :-)

Zzxyz
2nd Oct 2022, 12:48
8 days

Wow thats fast! Congrats!! Did you also receive the email stating a hold pool and being given a minimum of 8 weeks prior GS date?

Intellisis
2nd Oct 2022, 16:52
Wow thats fast! Congrats!! Did you also receive the email stating a hold pool and being given a minimum of 8 weeks prior GS date?

That came the day before the call

Zzxyz
4th Oct 2022, 09:08
Anyone here doing GS 16 Nov SYD base?

I haven’t received the golden call yet, but when was your golden call to start 16/11?

danigirl
4th Oct 2022, 16:13
Hi guys, I submitted my ID application in mid Aug and still haven’t heard back from them… TA says my application is still with their background checking partner…but it’s been almost a month… how long did it take for you guys to get your ID applications approved? Applied for Sydney based International.
thanks in advance!!

Hi Jazo, I had a similar issue back in April. Got all of my green ticks within a couple of days except the last one - then nothing happened for 4 weeks. I ended up emailing ID Services and asked if there was anything more they needed from me - and the next day I had my final tick and clearance. I wondered if someone had just forgotten to push the last button so to speak 😀 They are swamped all the time but maybe worth giving them a nudge. Can't hurt. Good luck.

Intellisis
4th Oct 2022, 19:51
Hi everyone!

I finally had my AD in Syd on Sept 14 after applying in March and did X-Ref shortly after, though just submitted my ASIC application last night (I had an issue with my date of birth which took 2 weeks to fix lol). I'm just trying to find where I can track my progress of the application as the link in my initial email isn't working anymore?? It comes up with the following error message on the Id services website since submitting it:

"Invalid request! You don't have access to the requested page, please try again later. If you continue to see this error message, please contact Qantas ID Security on 1300 303 411 to update the information"

Is this normal? I cannot find any way of tracking my application/green ticks now as there's nothing on workday either. Any help would be greatly appreciated :')

Hi Glitter,
Email: [email protected]
They could straighten this out for you.

flyingbaby
5th Oct 2022, 00:59
Hi Glitter,
Email: [email protected]
They could straighten this out for you.

And I am still waiting for the ID Check email :{

I called them last Friday and was told to update my detail on workday so that it can trigger the Qantas system to send me the ID check email. Also, sent an email to ID service and TA as well regarding this.

Did update my workday contact detail and still haven’t received anything. I called ID service yesterday again and was told that TA hasn’t onboarded me yet on the system hence no ID check email.

Not sure what I need to do at this stage. :(

danigirl
5th Oct 2022, 09:22
I can't lie. It's hard to watch all the Syd base progress to GS when us Melb base are in a holding pattern. My AD was 10/3. I've been on active hold since May 😞 I know our time will come. Patience is our virtue.

Ash380
6th Oct 2022, 00:20
I can't lie. It's hard to watch all the Syd base progress to GS when us Melb base are in a holding pattern. My AD was 10/3. I've been on active hold since May 😞 I know our time will come. Patience is our virtue.

Hey :-)

I applied for Melbourne base however did my AD in September in Sydney, I was told only Sydney spots available now as no crew needed in Melbourne they told me they have a long transfer list for Melbourne to fill spots before they hire onto Melbourne base, hope this helps.

:) Is anyone here from September 14 SYD AD commencing GS in November, just got the call to start this morning.

djw024
6th Oct 2022, 01:03
just want to share some useful tips for those who will be doing medicals.
1. If you were to pay $299, you would do medicals and AOD together.
2. Make sure you bring 100 points of ID with you. see link: Pre-Employment Identification Requirements (bodycare.com.au) (https://www.bodycare.com.au/pre-employment-identification-requirements/)
3. DO NOT drink too much water before if you are doing AOD, as this may invalid your urine test. (couple of glass is fine.)
4. wear gym outfit and bring your own towel.
5. If you dont hear anything from Body care 2 business days after you paid the fee and completed the questionnaires, you can ring them and tell them you can go anywhere in your city for medicals, then, they should be able to schedule you one very quick. (sometime depends where you live, they are unable to find you a spot for medicals soon enough within certain KMs of parameters, so you need to ring them and tell them you can go anywhere you city.)
Good Luck everyone!

Silvia G
6th Oct 2022, 01:31
Hi, I am new here, I had my AD in April. I received the hold Pool email too, I did my medicals about 2 weeks ago and summited all the documents they requested but no call yet… I really hope I can get in the next GS.
Fingers crossed :)

Anyone got a call this last week?

:)

Jazo
6th Oct 2022, 04:25
What’s ID check email?

I called them last Friday and was told to update my detail on workday so that it can trigger the Qantas system to send me the ID check email. Also, sent an email to ID service and TA as well regarding this.

Did update my workday contact detail and still haven’t received anything. I called ID service yesterday again and was told that TA hasn’t onboarded me yet on the system hence no ID check email.

Ash380
6th Oct 2022, 09:14
Hi, I am new here, I had my AD in April. I received the hold Pool email too, I did my medicals about 2 weeks ago and summited all the documents they requested but no call yet… I really hope I can get in the next GS.

:-) Hopefully soon, I got called today for the November GS, I did my AD in September in Sydney

Intellisis
6th Oct 2022, 10:39
Hi I applied around late June, it’s my 1st time to apply for an airline job, wonder why it’s fast tracked, good luck with ur GS :-)

Good luck with your GS too. Are you doing it in Melbourne or Sydney? I'm Sydney base but my Nov GS is being held in Melbourne.

Zzxyz
6th Oct 2022, 11:45

hey! Im in the same boat as you, AD in April Syd base! Everything has been completed so im still holding on very tightly to my phone hoping for a call :D

keep me updated on how things go on your end :)

Flightysyd
6th Oct 2022, 13:10
[what was the wait
time from medical to golden call?

Flightysyd
6th Oct 2022, 13:11

how long did it take from medical to golden call?

Zzxyz
6th Oct 2022, 15:33
:-) Hopefully soon, I got called today for the November GS, I did my AD in September in Sydney

Thats wonderful news!! What date is your GS in Nov?

Silvia G
6th Oct 2022, 22:22
hey! Im in the same boat as you, AD in April Syd base! Everything has been completed so im still holding on very tightly to my phone hoping for a call :D

keep me updated on how things go on your end :)

Amazing!!! will let you know… I am positive in the next week or so we will be getting a call. 😊

Silvia G
6th Oct 2022, 22:24

Thanks Ash! I really hope I get in the Nov GS 😊

Flighty12345
7th Oct 2022, 06:36
Any updates for how Melbourne recruitment is going, when ground schools are expected to start or if there's going to be more assessment days eventually?
Bit surprised to see Sydney applications open again when it seems there are so many people waiting to start!?

Flightysyd
10th Oct 2022, 05:33
Amazing!!! will let you know… I am positive in the next week or so we will be getting a call. 😊

has anyone received a call last week or today?

Silvia G
10th Oct 2022, 05:46
has anyone received a call last week or today?

nothing yet… 😩 waiting next to the phone 😂😂😂😂

Flightysyd
10th Oct 2022, 17:40
nothing yet… 😩 waiting next to the phone 😂😂😂😂

same! 🥺😂

Jazo
11th Oct 2022, 00:05
Hi guys, is there a number that I can call to contact someone from the TA team?

thanks!

Zzxyz
11th Oct 2022, 21:31
Also nothing for me thus far

Ash380
11th Oct 2022, 23:38
:) My friend from SEPT AD got offered GS in December, she ask TA about NOV GS and was told it’s now full there is a JAN one too apparently.

Jazo
12th Oct 2022, 03:02

​​​​​​​

I am in the exact same situation 😂

Qan22
12th Oct 2022, 03:41
Looks like quite a lot of the Sept AD being confirmed GS. So what about Mar and Apr AD then ? Are we being missed 😭😭 Btw, I am Mar AD.

flyingbaby
12th Oct 2022, 04:48
I am in the exact same situation 😂

After a million times of calling and emailing, I finally got the ID check email.

I would recommend you to email TA.

Keep us posted!

flyingbaby
12th Oct 2022, 05:51
:) My friend from SEPT AD got offered GS in December, she ask TA about NOV GS and was told it’s now full there is a JAN one too apparently.

November is full and there’s space in GS December and also January?

Zzxyz
12th Oct 2022, 09:48
Looks like quite a lot of the Sept AD being confirmed GS. So what about Mar and Apr AD then ? Are we being missed 😭😭 Btw, I am Mar AD.

omg yes i agree ive been waiting for a while and its so hard to watch Sept AD going before us 😭 any internals able to shed some light?

Silvia G
12th Oct 2022, 09:59
omg yes i agree ive been waiting for a while and its so hard to watch Sept AD going before us 😭 any internals able to shed some light?

I feel the same… I am April AD and I submitted everything… now just wait and see… but yes I can see here some September people are already set for GS and I wonder. 😞

Flightysyd
12th Oct 2022, 15:13

when did she get the call for December class?

Ash380
12th Oct 2022, 16:35
when did she get the call for December class?

Hey, she got a call early this week not sure what day however.

Ash380
12th Oct 2022, 16:38
November is full and there’s space in GS December and also January?

:-) I don’t know, just she was offered a spot in December, and not November GS

Jazo
14th Oct 2022, 05:02
Mind telling me what number you called? I’ve emailed them so many times as well. They must hate me by now😂😂😂

After a million times of calling and emailing, I finally got the ID check email.

I would recommend you to email TA.

Keep us posted!

TrolleyD
14th Oct 2022, 05:07
Hey :-)

I applied for Melbourne base however did my AD in September in Sydney, I was told only Sydney spots available now as no crew needed in Melbourne they told me they have a long transfer list for Melbourne to fill spots before they hire onto Melbourne base, hope this helps.

:) Is anyone here from September 14 SYD AD commencing GS in November, just got the call to start this morning.

Could you please tell us the process after being offered a GS date?

Flightysyd
14th Oct 2022, 09:24
:-) I don’t know, just she was offered a spot in December, and not November GS

did anyone get a call today or yesterday? I wonder if they are starting to fill December classes now

coffeeteame
15th Oct 2022, 06:07

I’m March too and have an awful sinking feeling like they want me to drop out of the hold pool, despite completing my medical/certs. 🫠
I would really like to email them and ask what’s happening but don’t want to appear combative😭

TrolleyD
16th Oct 2022, 00:35

Quite a lot? I have seen one guy state that he and his friend were from September AD and have been allocated a GS.
I also note he said he applied for MLB base in late June. Were applications even open in June?
Don't lose hope based on this alone.

Intellisis
16th Oct 2022, 10:27
I’m March too and have an awful sinking feeling like they want me to drop out of the hold pool, despite completing my medical/certs. 🫠
I would really like to email them and ask what’s happening but don’t want to appear combative😭

Following medical your application goes to the executive committee and they decide who gets a start date. You have as much chance as anybody else. Remain positive

Elena02
16th Oct 2022, 10:48
Following medical your application goes to the executive committee and they decide who gets a start date. You have as much chance as anybody else. Remain positive

I have heard that people have had to notify TA about how many weeks notice they would need when beginning ground school.
I’ve just completed my medicals and submitted my three certificates last Monday, and have since not heard anything. Am I expecting the ‘golden call’ next or an email to submit how many weeks notice I would need to start ground school.
Does anyone know about this and can expand?

Intellisis
16th Oct 2022, 17:19
I have heard that people have had to notify TA about how many weeks notice they would need when beginning ground school.
I’ve just completed my medicals and submitted my three certificates last Monday, and have since not heard anything. Am I expecting the ‘golden call’ next or an email to submit how many weeks notice I would need to start ground school.
Does anyone know about this and can expand?

My guess is that email was more for internal planning rather than targeting. I received it before doing medical and got the 'golden call' days after the hold pool email.

Zzxyz
16th Oct 2022, 22:47
My guess is that email was more for internal planning rather than targeting. I received it before doing medical and got the 'golden call' days after the hold pool email.

i answered 4 weeks notice in that email. Did you say you could start immediately? Or also needed notice?

Intellisis
17th Oct 2022, 00:27
i answered 4 weeks notice in that email. Did you say you could start immediately? Or also needed notice?

I responded 2 weeks. I really don't think that makes any difference though.

Flighty12345
17th Oct 2022, 03:57
Quite a lot? I have seen one guy state that he and his friend were from September AD and have been allocated a GS.
I also note he said he applied for MLB base in late June. Were applications even open in June?
Don't lose hope based on this alone.

I applied for MEL only in Jan, never heard anything when the assessment days were on. Then received a questionnaire out of nowhere mid year to which I still haven’t had a response to. But haven’t been asked to attend for Sydney instead.
Think my application has fallen into a crack?

TrolleyD
17th Oct 2022, 06:08
I applied for MEL only in Jan, never heard anything when the assessment days were on. Then received a questionnaire out of nowhere mid year to which I still haven’t had a response to. But haven’t been asked to attend for Sydney instead.
Think my application has fallen into a crack?

Hi Flighty. That really doesn't sound right. Have you ever contacted TA to see if it actually did fall down a crack?

Flighty12345
17th Oct 2022, 11:04
Hi Flighty. That really doesn't sound right. Have you ever contacted TA to see if it actually did fall down a crack?

Haven’t contacted them at all, not sure it would make a lot of difference anyway. I really wanted MEL base and doesn’t seem like anything more will be happening for a while so I’ll just be patient that they’ll recruit in a year or two. Hoping things will start to move a bit faster for the people waiting currently!

TrolleyD
17th Oct 2022, 11:57
Haven’t contacted them at all, not sure it would make a lot of difference anyway. I really wanted MEL base and doesn’t seem like anything more will be happening for a while so I’ll just be patient that they’ll recruit in a year or two. Hoping things will start to move a bit faster for the people waiting currently!

I admire your attitude. Good luck and I hope it comes your way soon.

coffeeteame
18th Oct 2022, 01:30
Following medical your application goes to the executive committee and they decide who gets a start date. You have as much chance as anybody else. Remain positive I appreciate that sentiment, but I shouldn’t have to sink hundreds of dollars just for them to decided (once more) if they’re going to employ me or not. 🙃 This is the strangest recruitment process!

Intellisis
18th Oct 2022, 19:48
I appreciate that sentiment, but I shouldn’t have to sink hundreds of dollars just for them to decided (once more) if they’re going to employ me or not. 🙃 This is the strangest recruitment process!

But of course, how dare they treat you the same as every other applicant!

coffeeteame
18th Oct 2022, 19:59
But of course, how dare they treat you the same as every other applicant!

And I’m just as upset for everyone else in this position that has had to spend literally hundreds of dollars on the potential whim of recruitment.

Intellisis
18th Oct 2022, 20:47
And I’m just as upset for everyone else in this position that has had to spend literally hundreds of dollars on the potential whim of recruitment.

Welcome to Cabin Crew recruitment where 1% of applicants actually make it. You have come this far so the odds are still in your favour.

coffeeteame
18th Oct 2022, 21:02
Welcome to Cabin Crew recruitment where 1% of applicants actually make it. You have come this far so the odds are still in your favour.

I’ve worked for several other airlines previously and never experienced anything like this, but here’s hoping 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Eminthesky
18th Oct 2022, 22:06
Is anyone here waiting for an invite for AD in Sydney?

Elena02
18th Oct 2022, 22:18

Hey there, don’t worry. On our assessment day last month we were told “if you are successful after the assessment day, you have the job unless you mess up something yourself”. So essentially if you get through to doing your medicals and CPR certificates etc, then you will be offered ground school, unless of course, you fail your drug test for example. The recruiters told us that they will not reject us after the AD for no reason. It just takes a lot of planning and time to be allocated a ground school, so patience is key

Flighty12345
19th Oct 2022, 02:12
I appreciate that sentiment, but I shouldn’t have to sink hundreds of dollars just for them to decided (once more) if they’re going to employ me or not. 🙃 This is the strangest recruitment process!

100% agree. I've been through the recruitment process for a number of airlines over the years. Had a few attempts at QF now and they have the most non transparent process I have experienced. Other airlines I've flown for the medical is the very last step and they usually don't ask you to complete it until they've got a GS pencilled in for you because they aren't cheap for us and they want it current.

Zzxyz
19th Oct 2022, 02:27
Just curious but has anyone actually received rejection emails after medicals? Or do they usually just not say anything if you haven’t passed medicals. I also have a sinking feeling that my application may have fallen in the cracks too :/ of course still holding on to hope that maybe Feb or Mar GS continue

TrolleyD
19th Oct 2022, 02:37
Just curious but has anyone actually received rejection emails after medicals? Or do they usually just not say anything if you haven’t passed medicals. I also have a sinking feeling that my application may have fallen in the cracks too :/ of course still holding on to hope that maybe Feb or Mar GS continue

I know two people who received rejection emails following medicals.

Intellisis
19th Oct 2022, 02:59
How do you feel you did in the medical?

lovetravel
19th Oct 2022, 03:59
I personally felt like i passed everything except for maybe the height test. I’m about 153cm but just passed the reach test in AD. I also had other people in my AD my height but haven’t kept in contact.

Hey! You got this. Be positive, if you made it past the AD and reached everything then I'm sure you will be fine. If you feel like you did well in the medical then I'm sure you did, you got this! I'm currently waiting to hear after Medical too. I did mine around 3 weeks ago, hopefully we can both find out something soon. :)

coffeeteame
19th Oct 2022, 03:59
Hey there, don’t worry. On our assessment day last month we were told “if you are successful after the assessment day, you have the job unless you mess up something yourself”. So essentially if you get through to doing your medicals and CPR certificates etc, then you will be offered ground school, unless of course, you fail your drug test for example. The recruiters told us that they will not reject us after the AD for no reason. It just takes a lot of planning and time to be allocated a ground school, so patience is key

Thank you for sharing this! I don’t remember them saying as much at my assessment day (it was a while ago now though 😅) and the lack of contact got me sweating. That’s comforting to hear. Tbf, their job sounds like a logistical nightmare too.

Zzxyz
19th Oct 2022, 04:11
Oh no! Do you know if they had failed a component? Like the swim test, drug test or physical tests?

Intellisis
19th Oct 2022, 04:59
I personally felt like i passed everything except for maybe the height test. I’m about 153cm but just passed the reach test in AD. I also had other people in my AD my height but haven’t kept in contact.

153cm is in range. They would have bumped you following AD if it was an issue.
Remember, next call is giving you a start date for GS. If you got through medical it's just a matter of waiting.

Intellisis
19th Oct 2022, 05:04

You are spot on Elena. I was the only one in my AD group to progress...That is the most important part of the overall process

TrolleyD
19th Oct 2022, 06:44
Oh no! Do you know if they had failed a component? Like the swim test, drug test or physical tests?

Physical tests. Lifting the weights and coordination were issues

Ash380
20th Oct 2022, 15:43
Good Luck those waiting 😃 i start GS on NOV 7 can’t wait not to far off now. I met a Qantas cabin crew at my gym who works in recruiting at Qantas. She told me Qantas still make candidates unsuccessful even after medicals as they do a final excec review and cull at the very last stage. Also she told me your AD date has no effect on GS date as they fill GS on rank markings so someone from September AD may get GS date b4 someone who did AD earlier as they scored higher, that’s why they continue to recruit as they want the best candidates for the role.

Elena02
21st Oct 2022, 00:06
How long is the typical wait between doing medicals and receiving the golden call?

Intellisis
21st Oct 2022, 09:53
How long is the typical wait between doing medicals and receiving the golden call?

It all depends. You will get the call once you're allocated to a GS.

djw024
21st Oct 2022, 11:15
How do you feel you did in the medical?

My conversation with someone internal is that you could be made unsuccessful after medical, but it is VERY RARE and only if it is a EXTREME case. So if we passed everything, it would nor be a problem.

so to whoever is waiting for medicals, you need to make sure you can life a 10KG dumbell one hand and do couple bicep curls and life it over shoulder, and you need to be able to lift a 20KG sandbag with both hands and push up pver head few times.
push ups x 15, side plant 30 secs. in short, start to do some exercise and practice if you are not a generally an active person.

Intellisis
23rd Oct 2022, 02:45
My conversation with someone internal is that you could be made unsuccessful after medical, but it is VERY RARE and only if it is a EXTREME case. So if we passed everything, it would nor be a problem.

so to whoever is waiting for medicals, you need to make sure you can life a 10KG dumbell one hand and do couple bicep curls and life it over shoulder, and you need to be able to lift a 20KG sandbag with both hands and push up pver head few times.
push ups x 15, side plant 30 secs. in short, start to do some exercise and practice if you are not a generally an active person.

Obviously not all assessment centres are the same....

I had no sandbag, no 10kg bicep curls, no push ups. Planks were 1 minute each. Weight over head was 32kg, not 20.

Kuikymart
27th Oct 2022, 07:03
Hi all! Finally got my golden call today 🙂. I start 28th of November, I’ll find out in a couple of weeks where training is. I wish everyone the best luck !!!

Intellisis
27th Oct 2022, 07:09
Hi all! Finally got my golden call today 🙂. I start 28th of November, I’ll find out in a couple of weeks where training is. I wish everyone the best luck !!!
Congratulations Kuiky!!! That call makes the wait worth it.
Pity we aren't in the same GS. Mine is 2 weeks earlier.

Silvia G
27th Oct 2022, 07:20

Great news!!! So happy for you! I am still waiting for a call…. The suspense is killing me… hahaha, Hopefully soon! 😊

Jazo
27th Oct 2022, 11:34

Congrats!!!!! May I ask when you did your medicals?

Qan22
27th Oct 2022, 11:37

Hi there Congratulations! I got the golden call today too, we are in the same GS. I wish everyone have their good news very soon!

djw024
27th Oct 2022, 12:31
Congrats Kuikymart!!!!!! it has ben such a long journey for you.
looks like they are finally starting to allocate GS to all the rest of March and April people now! hopefully next couple weeks will be our May people.

djw024
27th Oct 2022, 12:32
Great news!!! So happy for you! I am still waiting for a call…. The suspense is killing me… hahaha, Hopefully soon! 😊
Hang on there Silvia, it will be your and my turn soon.

djw024
27th Oct 2022, 12:33
Hi there Congratulations! I got the golden call today too, we are in the same GS. I wish everyone have their good news very soon!
Congrats QAN22, finally!!!!

Intellisis
27th Oct 2022, 21:03

Congratulations Qan22!! Well done

Kuikymart
27th Oct 2022, 21:29
Congrats!!!!! May I ask when you did your medicals?

I did my medical pretty much exactly a month from yesterday.

Kuikymart
27th Oct 2022, 21:30
Congrats Kuikymart!!!!!! it has ben such a long journey for you.
looks like they are finally starting to allocate GS to all the rest of March and April people now! hopefully next couple weeks will be our May people.

Thankyou 🙂

Silvia G
28th Oct 2022, 05:32
Hang on there Silvia, it will be your and my turn soon.

I got the call today!!! Yay! I am soooo exited! Good luck everyone. I start on the 21 of Nov… STOKED!

LilMissPositive
28th Oct 2022, 05:44
Hi everyone
I'm a newbie on this thread. Is there anyone who can run through the process and time frames on how long it takes from the initial application to actually flying. I submitted my application on 4 October 2022, then completed an online chat interview with 5 questions on 14 October 2022. Now waiting for the next step. Can someone let me know what happens next please. Thanks so much!

Intellisis
28th Oct 2022, 06:25
I got the call today!!! Yay! I am soooo exited! Good luck everyone. I start on the 21 of Nov… STOKED!

Congratulations Silvia, well done!!

Seems to be a lot of different GS happening in November...Wasn't some guy on here recently saying TA told him November was full?

Jazo
28th Oct 2022, 06:26
Hi guys,

Not that I received my golden call or anything,😂, but any idea where ground school will be at?

Kuikymart
28th Oct 2022, 08:32

Seems to be a lot of different GS happening in November...Wasn't some guy on here recently saying TA told him November was full?

yeah I remember a guy saying November was full too!! 😂

Flighty12345
28th Oct 2022, 09:51
Hi everyone
I'm a newbie on this thread. Is there anyone who can run through the process and time frames on how long it takes from the initial application to actually flying. I submitted my application on 4 October 2022, then completed an online chat interview with 5 questions on 14 October 2022. Now waiting for the next step. Can someone let me know what happens next please. Thanks so much!

I completed the online chat interview about 6 months ago and still haven’t heard anything..either way.
So hopefully you don’t have the same experience as me and hear back sooner than later

LilMissPositive
28th Oct 2022, 10:26
Wow it seems like such a slow process. I am willing to wait it out. Thank you so much for replying & good luck with your medical.

djw024
28th Oct 2022, 13:20
I got contacted today for GS too!!! originally offered for 21 Nov start with up to 6 weeks training in Abu Dhabi, and later got changed to 28 Nov start and training all in AU now!!!
Exciting!!!

djw024
28th Oct 2022, 13:23
Hi everyone
next one will be an invitation to an Assessment Day! PM me for some preparation materials, and I will send to you in Email. I had to buy those material when I was preparing for my AD, and it was super helpful!!

djw024
28th Oct 2022, 13:24

thats what I thought too!

djw024
28th Oct 2022, 13:25
Hi guys,

Not that I received my golden call or anything,😂, but any idea where ground school will be at?
could be in SYD, MEL or Abu Dhabi!

Silvia G
28th Oct 2022, 13:29
I got contacted today for GS too!!! originally offered for 21 Nov start with up to 6 weeks training in Abu Dhabi, and later got changed to 28 Nov start and training all in AU now!!!
Exciting!!!

Amazing! We are in!!! So happy we are all set to go. Yes mine GS is 6 weeks Abu Dhabi and 2 Sydney. They call me once, no change for now. Just waiting on contract. 😊

Eminthesky
28th Oct 2022, 13:31
Hi everyone
Hi, I applied the same day as you and haven’t heard back from them.

my first attempt got responded pretty quick 1 day after submitted the online interview, I got the invite for AD.

Silvia G
28th Oct 2022, 13:34

Yes I saw that too… but yeah maybe they are opening more GS locations… 😊

Rs2023
29th Oct 2022, 00:07
Sounds very exciting seeing everyone get their call. I'm also waiting to get a call hopefully next month! Did my medical/aod October 10th and all forms submitted

Intellisis
29th Oct 2022, 01:16
Exciting!!!

Congratulations djw...Well done!!

letsflyB
29th Oct 2022, 05:51
Hi Everyone,
After applying did everyone have to do a written questionnaire or online chat interview? a few friends got the written questionnaire but it seems they are doing online chat interviews instead now

paradise8
30th Oct 2022, 02:15
Hey! Everyone is different and I believe it has to do with how high you score as an applicant at each stage in the process. For me, I applied in March, did the questionnaire in May, didn't hear anything until September which is when I was invited to and attended my assessment day, submitted my references and ASIC application 2 days after AD, now this week I've been asked for my certificates and am doing my medical in 3 days. So this is month 7 for me! But I know at least 7 of my old coworkers who applied in January started their ground schools this month. 3 others I know applied in May and got through to the next steps months before me and are now waiting for the golden call. Some people are fast-tracked and others are not so my advice is to go with the flow since it's a bit unpredictable : D

Hi, does the assessment day include a 1 on 1 interview or a group interview or both?

Intellisis
30th Oct 2022, 04:37
Hi Everyone,
After applying did everyone have to do a written questionnaire or online chat interview? a few friends got the written questionnaire but it seems they are doing online chat interviews instead now

Well, it's a mixture. In the online chat you are asked questions that you write the answers to.

Eminthesky
30th Oct 2022, 06:58
Hi, does assessment day involve a 1 on 1 interview or group interview or both?

Hi, Both 1 on 1 it’s the last thing

Intellisis
30th Oct 2022, 06:59
Hi, does assessment day involve a 1 on 1 interview or group interview or both?

It's a two on one interview. They will ask behavioural based questions, so be prepared

There is also group activity and a written comprehension test.

djw024
30th Oct 2022, 08:36
Well, it's a mixture. In the online chat you are asked questions that you write the answers to.
I think its depends on whether you applied for Internation or domestic CC position, is it?

Flightysyd
30th Oct 2022, 13:01

so am I! Did they say Abu Dhabi training to u also

djw024
30th Oct 2022, 13:17
Great Money if you get sent to Abu Dhabi, as you will be paid for allowance daily!

Silvia G
30th Oct 2022, 19:46

yes they said Abu Dabhi, hopefully it won’t change 😆…

TrolleyD
31st Oct 2022, 18:47

Have you ever been there?

Flightysyd
31st Oct 2022, 20:30

have u got ur contract sent yet?

Hound123
1st Nov 2022, 00:49
Hi everyone. I have my medical assessment next week. Feeling very excited to have made it this far! Hopefully I get the golden call following that. I understand Emergency Procedures GS training (Syd Base) is done in either Melbourne or Abu Dhabi. Does anyone know if Qantas allows you to choose which EP GS location you prefer? Also, does anyone know if the accommodation in Abu Dhabi is a hotel or the Etihad crew apartments? And which Melbourne hotel?

TrolleyD
1st Nov 2022, 07:18
Hi everyone, I've submitted the online chat interview a couple of weeks ago. How long did it take for you guys to hear the outcome of it and proceed to assessment day?
Qantas seems to be mass hiring at the moment... They've been posting a lot of job ads recently

I heard within 24 hours following the online interview (which was 2 days after initial application) that I was invited to AD 3 days later.

Elena02
1st Nov 2022, 08:30
A lot of people asking about timelines of the hiring process so I’ll share my experience. I first applied for the role sometime around mid May. I then submitted my online personality questionnaire on 28 May. After that I didn’t hear from Qantas for months - totally thought I had been rejected. Out of nowhere on 3 September I was asked to attend a assessment day, which was then completed on 15 September. I then did my medical on 10 October, and just received my golden call about two hours ago today. My training begins 12 December, with it to be all done in Sydney I think…. My contract is meant to be sent in the next 24 to 48 hours

Rs2023
1st Nov 2022, 08:47
Hi everyone, I've submitted the online chat interview a couple of weeks ago. How long did it take for you guys to hear the outcome of it and proceed to assessment day?
Qantas seems to be mass hiring at the moment... They've been posting a lot of job ads recently

It's different for everyone. My one was not so quick. I applied back in May. Did online interview questionnaire not long after and didn't hear anything until late August for a September AD. I only just had my medical/AOD done 3 weeks ago. Some are fast tracked, some take longer like mine and the best advice I've gotten from this group is to literally just have faith, be positive, and stay patient. Your time will come so just keep yourself busy <3

debbieitaly
2nd Nov 2022, 05:11
Has anyone been put on the hold list for attending the next assessment centre in Sydney? I couldn't attend the last one and was told I'd hear from them in October but I haven't heard anything, and I even logged about 3 follow-up enquiries with talent acquisition but they haven't replied 😪

debbieitaly
2nd Nov 2022, 05:16
A lot of people asking about timelines of the hiring process so I’ll share my experience. I first applied for the role sometime around mid May. I then submitted my online personality questionnaire on 28 May. After that I didn’t hear from Qantas for months - totally thought I had been rejected. Out of nowhere on 3 September I was asked to attend a assessment day, which was then completed on 15 September. I then did my medical on 10 October, and just received my golden call about two hours ago today. My training begins 12 December, with it to be all done in Sydney I think…. My contract is meant to be sent in the next 24 to 48 hours
You're so lucky! Ive been waiting for my invite to the next assessment centre since September and was told I'd hear from them in October and that never happened 😪. I called recruitment yesterday and they said my follow-up enquiries are in a que to be answered and I'd hear from them soon. So frustrating when I've even gotten my first aid and rsa all ready to go 😖. Maybe they don't want me, so disheartened 😪

TrolleyD
2nd Nov 2022, 05:28
You're so lucky! Ive been waiting for my invite to the next assessment centre since September and was told I'd hear from them in October and that never happened 😪. I called recruitment yesterday and they said my follow-up enquiries are in a que to be answered and I'd hear from them soon. So frustrating when I've even gotten my first aid and rsa all ready to go 😖. Maybe they don't want me, so disheartened 😪

Don't be disheartened Debbie. If they didn't want you they would have told you that by now.
This is all a waiting game, and it usually turns out good in the end.

Rs2023
2nd Nov 2022, 07:28

Congrats! Basically the same timeline as you, except I was at Sydney AD on September 14. Did medical on September 10th too. Just got my golden call about an hour and a half ago to start December 2nd. Definitely a process where you have to stay patient

debbieitaly
2nd Nov 2022, 08:17
Don't be disheartened Debbie. If they didn't want you they would have told you that by now.
This is all a waiting game, and it usually turns out good in the end.
Thank you, thats so kind and reassuring. Fingers crossed I hear something soon before i have no fingernails left 😆

Rs2023
2nd Nov 2022, 08:48
Hi everyone. I have my medical assessment next week. Feeling very excited to have made it this far! Hopefully I get the golden call following that. I understand Emergency Procedures GS training (Syd Base) is done in either Melbourne or Abu Dhabi. Does anyone know if Qantas allows you to choose which EP GS location you prefer? Also, does anyone know if the accommodation in Abu Dhabi is a hotel or the Etihad crew apartments? And which Melbourne hotel?

I am not sure if they allow you to choose your preference. From my call I just accepted what they had offered me. Good luck with medical! It is such a big achievement to get this far. You got this

Rs2023
2nd Nov 2022, 08:52
Thank you, thats so kind and reassuring. Fingers crossed I hear something soon before i have no fingernails left 😆

Definitely agree. Hearing nothing is a good sign. They may contact you closer to an assessment day once it is planned out, they are swamped at all stages of recruitment. Just remain positive 😊

350flyer
2nd Nov 2022, 14:10
Hi everyone!
I’ve just been invited to an AD for next week! and was wondering if anyone has any big tips for the day? that would be greatly appreciated :)

Zzxyz
2nd Nov 2022, 18:10
Has anyone been able to postpone their gs offer once they’ve called? Like ask them to call back at a later time or do they not allow it?

TrolleyD
2nd Nov 2022, 18:15
Has anyone been able to postpone their gs offer once they’ve called? Like ask them to call back at a later time or do they not allow it?

Asking for a postponement is like a knock back. For me personally, after all I have invested in this, I can't think of any reason why I would.

Rs2023
2nd Nov 2022, 19:49

There are hundreds of people fighting for this position so in my opinion, asking to postpone your ground school date could be detrimental. You could hop back on a waiting list that will take you past your 1 year hold and then you'll have to reapply all over again. I could be wrong! These are just my thoughts after being someone who has waited a looooong time. I hope everything works out in your favour though!

Intellisis
2nd Nov 2022, 22:10

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone willing to even ask if they could postpone the offer.
Next in line would get it, and you would probably go right back to the end of the long list.

djw024
3rd Nov 2022, 01:53

I tried because My Mum is not well, but after the conversation, I took the original offer, and the answer is NO.

Watto22
3rd Nov 2022, 02:44
Hi, I have an assessment day coming up and would appreciate any questions that were asked during the process, particularly the 2 on 1 interview. Thank you in advance.

Watto22
3rd Nov 2022, 03:51
It's a two on one interview. They will ask behavioural based questions, so be prepared

There is also group activity and a written comprehension test.

Hey Intellisis, do you happen to remember any of your questions? Thanks in advance, any other advice you have too would be very much appreciated!

debbieitaly
3rd Nov 2022, 05:04
Hi everyone!
I’ve just been invited to an AD for next week! and was wondering if anyone has any big tips for the day? that would be greatly appreciated :)
Hey, when did you submit your last online assessment before being invited to the AD? Ive been waiting months for an invitation and they said id hear from them in October but i never did 😓

Zzxyz
3rd Nov 2022, 06:15
I tried because My Mum is not well, but after the conversation, I took the original offer, and the answer is NO.

oh my so sorry u have to go through this at this time :(( are you able to recall details of what TA said in regards to postponing? Like is it definitely a no, or…

for context: they called today and gave me 2 weeks notice when work requires 4, hence unable to resign yet…

theskyismyhome
3rd Nov 2022, 06:51
Hi are there any internals here for QCCA Syd Base? Have you heard anything?

I’ve been on active hold since May 2022. My second time on active hold for QCCA (first time in oct 2019 but had to re-apply again bc covid)

Ham555
3rd Nov 2022, 06:59
Congrats to all those that are starting or have recently started GS, am I correct in saying you are all Syd based applicants?
I’m wondering if any melbourne based applicants have progressed any further, either Medicals
or even notification of GS offers?

Lucytheflighty
3rd Nov 2022, 07:07
Hi are there any internals here for QCCA Syd Base? Have you heard anything?

I’ve been on active hold since May 2022. My second time on active hold for QCCA (first time in oct 2019 but had to re-apply again bc covid)
Internal on active hold since May for Sydney as well. I received this email in September which seemed like bs to me (they sent it literally to everyone).

"Thank you for your continued patience regarding the next steps for your application to join Qantas Cabin Crew Australia (QCCA) as International Cabin Crew.

We wanted to take this moment to provide you with an update on this recruitment campaign.

Today, we will be re-advertising for the position of QCCA International Cabin Crew for our Sydney base.

Good news for you, you are not required to submit a new application as we have your current application confirmed in our hold pool. We will prioritise your application ahead of any new applications we receive from this new advertisement.

As we anticipated, ground schools have commenced, and will continue well into 2023. We will endeavour to notify you with a minimum 8 weeks’ notice prior to start date."

theskyismyhome
3rd Nov 2022, 07:28
Internal on active hold since May for Sydney as well. I received this email in September which seemed like bs to me (they sent it literally to everyone).

"Thank you for your continued patience regarding the next steps for your application to join Qantas Cabin Crew Australia (QCCA) as International Cabin Crew.

We wanted to take this moment to provide you with an update on this recruitment campaign.

Today, we will be re-advertising for the position of QCCA International Cabin Crew for our Sydney base.

Good news for you, you are not required to submit a new application as we have your current application confirmed in our hold pool. We will prioritise your application ahead of any new applications we receive from this new advertisement.

As we anticipated, ground schools have commenced, and will continue well into 2023. We will endeavour to notify you with a minimum 8 weeks’ notice prior to start date."

Hi oh yes I got the same email too unfortunately. I’m trying to remain hopeful and positive but its so hard to see externals going ahead of us. Do you mind if I DM you?

Intellisis
3rd Nov 2022, 08:34
Hey Intellisis, do you happen to remember any of your questions? Thanks in advance, any other advice you have too would be very much appreciated!

Hi Watto, The questions I was asked were "tell us a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy"? ... "Tell us why you want to work for Qantas"?... These are behavioural questions which most companies ask in interviews. You can google search them and there are many examples of the types of questions and suggested answers.
As for other advice - In the group activity, don't dominate the discussions and also don't sit in the background. Participate.
Wear business clothes - Look your best and mingle with the other candidates. Remember, your every move is being watched and noted.
Good luck!

Watto22
3rd Nov 2022, 08:53
Hi Watto, The questions I was asked were "tell us a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy"? ... "Tell us why you want to work for Qantas"?... These are behavioural questions which most companies ask in interviews. You can google search them and there are many examples of the types of questions and suggested answers.
As for other advice - In the group activity, don't dominate the discussions and also don't sit in the background. Participate.
Wear business clothes - Look your best and mingle with the other candidates. Remember, your every move is being watched and noted.
Good luck!
Thanks Intellisis, I appreciate this info. This is my 2nd time applying with QF, similar style of AD to last time by the sound of it. Good luck to any other candidates going to assessment days next week.

Watto22
3rd Nov 2022, 09:00
Hey, when did you submit your last online assessment before being invited to the AD? Ive been waiting months for an invitation and they said id hear from them in October but i never did 😓
Hey debbieitaly, I'm in SYD, I applied (this time around) on Oct. 5th, got sent the online assessment on Oct. 12th and submitted that day, then asked today to attend an assessment day next week. It sounds like you're still in the mix as, from my experience, you tend to hear pretty quickly if you're not progressing. Take care and keep your chin up x

Intellisis
3rd Nov 2022, 09:17
Thanks Intellisis, I appreciate this info. This is my 2nd time applying with QF, similar style of AD to last time by the sound of it. Good luck to any other candidates going to assessment days next week.

Here's hoping it will be 2nd time lucky

Ham555
3rd Nov 2022, 09:39
Hi all. I’m really excited for those that have progressed to GS, congrats. Just wondering if any melb based candidates have progressed to either medical or GS? Or are we all still in the on hold pool?

Flighty25
4th Nov 2022, 01:37
Internal and still waiting too!

Kuikymart
4th Nov 2022, 02:24
- apologies, I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

don’t take this to heart. There’s few trollers on here, judging by this profile’s comments, it’s there first comment on here and they look like the interact with a whole different range of threads.

Intellisis
4th Nov 2022, 03:05
Hey everyone! I did my medical on Monday and thought I'd share what I did for anyone doing theirs soon since the assessments all seem to differ. I had to do a sight and hearing test, urine test, 10 regular squats, 5 squats on one leg, 15 knee push ups, some reach and general flexibility tests, height measured again (I measured 161cm on AD and 168cm in the medical? My true height is 167 lol) 3 min step test, lifting a 32kg weight from floor to waist twice, lifting a 20kg weight above my head twice (I struggled with this!), and one side plank for around 20 seconds.

Unfortunately I failed my hearing test since the earphones didn't sit in my ear properly (I have smaller ears) so I could hear music from the gym still and therefore couldn't hear the beeps properly. My result said I suffer severe hearing loss in my right ear and moderate loss in my left, which shocked me as I'm in my early 20's, I don't have any previous auditory issues, and currently am a flight attendant! The doctor didn't allow me to resit it so I called someone from TA straight after to see what I could do and they said they'd get back to me. While I'm waiting for my fate if anyone here has had a miracle and was able to re-do something in the medical or got through even with a fail please reassure me and let me know because I feel a rejection email is coming my way now :(

Very strong possibility hearing would be a reason for rejection, that's why I suggest that you make an appointment with an audiologist for an expert second opinion and send the results to TA if positive.

Intellisis
4th Nov 2022, 20:48
Hi Intellisis,

Did they only ask you 2 questions during the interview? Or?
Also, will having two lobe piercings on each ear be a bad look for the assessment day?

Hi Paradise,
They were just two examples of the questions asked. You can search for 'Behavioural Interview Questions' to get more examples and how to answer them.
The company dress and grooming standards states that only one earring in each lobe of either gold, silver, or pearl are allowed...Assessment Day is all about making an impression - Only wear one set is my advice.

Eminthesky
4th Nov 2022, 23:17
Hey debbieitaly, I'm in SYD, I applied (this time around) on Oct. 5th, got sent the online assessment on Oct. 12th and submitted that day, then asked today to attend an assessment day next week. It sounds like you're still in the mix as, from my experience, you tend to hear pretty quickly if you're not progressing. Take care and keep your chin up x

Hi Watto22,
best of luck for your second attempt.
It’s my 2nd times as well. I applied on the 4th Oct and done the online questionnaire already, but it’s weird I haven’t received the invitation

Ham555
6th Nov 2022, 06:05
don’t take this to heart. There’s few trollers on here, judging by this profile’s comments, it’s there first comment on here and they look like the interact with a whole different range of threads.

Thank you for pointing that out. I didn’t think there would be trollers on this forum but I now know better. Obviously they had nothing better to do.

Zzxyz
6th Nov 2022, 08:17
I actually know 2 people who were able to successfully postpone theirs. 1 person wasn't sure if they want the job still and the other is in the middle of relocating to Sydney and was initially offered an 8 week Sydney GS but asked to wait since they hadn't moved yet and were able to be put in a Melbourne based GS instead. Maybe it depends on how lenient the person on the phone is so good luck if you ask!

thats so reassuring! Thank you for your information i really appreciate it!! I asked to push it back till March or April but they hung up the phone quickly and did not relay the information back to me for clarity, so now I’m not sure if they noted it down on my file 😰 Is it worth calling the number again? But also don’t want to sound pushy…

TrolleyD
6th Nov 2022, 21:18
thats so reassuring! Thank you for your information i really appreciate it!! I asked to push it back till March or April but they hung up the phone quickly and did not relay the information back to me for clarity, so now I’m not sure if they noted it down on my file 😰 Is it worth calling the number again? But also don’t want to sound pushy…

Have you actually been given a GS date or are you anticipating so you can still go on your holiday?

Zzxyz
6th Nov 2022, 21:26
Have you actually been given a GS date or are you anticipating so you can still go on your holiday?

Yeh got the golden call so I explained my situation and they were understanding about it :) but I’ll continue to work casual until then i guess hahaha

Mel2022QF
7th Nov 2022, 04:00
Hey Ham, Fellow Melbourne base candidate here, just thought I'd say hi and welcome to the forum :)

I'm almost certain every one of us is still on hold but what I have heard is that the A380 isn't coming back to Melb at this stage, so that's going to reduce the numbers needed and that direct flights to HK, Tokyo and DFW (these are the destinations from memory) have been pushed out to start up later hence our hold is ongoing, in other words Melbourne is not hiring at the moment. But as we all know it can change in an instant. Personally I've set my expectations to well into '23.

So am just hanging in there and waiting for that call, just like everyone else. And well done SYD base candidates, hope you enjoy training and thrive in your new role!

Jazo
7th Nov 2022, 22:15
Hi, how long did you wait to receive your contract after getting the golden call??

TrolleyD
8th Nov 2022, 00:29
Hi, how long did you wait to receive your contract after getting the golden call??

I waited 48 hours

Jazo
8th Nov 2022, 00:36
I waited 48 hours

Thanks for your reply. Hmmm it’s already been 4 days for me😂 but that’s including the weekend.. maybe I’ll wait a little longer! Thanks!!

TrolleyD
8th Nov 2022, 00:40
Thanks for your reply. Hmmm it’s already been 4 days for me😂 but that’s including the weekend.. maybe I’ll wait a little longer! Thanks!!
But my timing was tight for resignation period to start of GS.

Qan22
8th Nov 2022, 01:29

Mine one was like a week. They will definitely send the contract to you as you will need to submit something else like US visa before you can actually start the ground school.

Rs2023
8th Nov 2022, 04:34
Anyone here doing December 1st ground school and has the US Visa interview booked already?

Jazo
8th Nov 2022, 05:47
Mine one was like a week. They will definitely send the contract to you as you will need to submit something else like US visa before you can actually start the ground school.

Thanks for the info!!

Rs2023
8th Nov 2022, 05:51
Hey lovetravel! I saw your message in my inbox but it's not allowing me to reply as it says your inbox is full. Can you inbox me your username for Instagram and we can connect on there. So excited to have someone in the group doing the same ground school as me!

lovetravel
8th Nov 2022, 07:34
Hey lovetravel! I saw your message in my inbox but it's not allowing me to reply as it says your inbox is full. Can you inbox me your username for Instagram and we can connect on there. So excited to have someone in the group doing the same ground school as me!

Hey my friend! Yes I will send it to your inbox now (my acc is doing the same thing) message me when your find my IG so I know it's you and we can connect yay!

Lucytheflighty
8th Nov 2022, 08:25
Hi oh yes I got the same email too unfortunately. I’m trying to remain hopeful and positive but its so hard to see externals going ahead of us. Do you mind if I DM you?
Yes, feel free to DM me! :)

Ham555
8th Nov 2022, 20:55
Hey Ham, Fellow Melbourne base candidate here, just thought I'd say hi and welcome to the forum :)

I'm almost certain every one of us is still on hold but what I have heard is that the A380 isn't coming back to Melb at this stage, so that's going to reduce the numbers needed and that direct flights to HK, Tokyo and DFW (these are the destinations from memory) have been pushed out to start up later hence our hold is ongoing, in other words Melbourne is not hiring at the moment. But as we all know it can change in an instant. Personally I've set my expectations to well into '23.

So am just hanging in there and waiting for that call, just like everyone else. And well done SYD base candidates, hope you enjoy training and thrive in your new role!

Hi Mel2022qf, thank you so much for the reply and valuable information. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting and some exciting news for us in 2023.
I did my AD back in March, so it’s been a bit of a wait but hopeful for 2023.

Edit: I have just received an email asking to complete further information for possible GS in Jan 2023 yikes 🤗

Zzxyz
9th Nov 2022, 10:05
Hi Mel2022qf, thank you so much for the reply and valuable information. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting and some exciting news for us in 2023.
I did my AD back in March, so it’s been a bit of a wait but hopeful for 2023.

Edit: I have just received an email asking to complete further information for possible GS in Jan 2023 yikes 🤗

fingers crossed you hear something soon! May i ask what the email was asking?

Ham555
9th Nov 2022, 10:14
fingers crossed you hear something soon! May i ask what the email was asking?

Thank you. The email was to confirm if I was still
interested to progress and asked how much notice I would need for current employment.

Watto22
9th Nov 2022, 10:33
Hi Everyone,
I did my assessment day in Sydney yesterday and received an email today to complete the Xref and security checks. The facilitators yesterday advised that successful applicants from our AD could be called up for Jan. 2023 ground schools. They are putting through multiple schools each month for well into 2023. If anyone is going to an AD shortly and would like some questions etc. please let me know, happy to share.

Jonmaynard199998
9th Nov 2022, 11:22
Hi watto22,
I will have AD with Qantas at the end of this week. Any tipsw that you can give me about the group activity or questions they have asked? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thank you
​​​​​​​

Hi Everyone,
I did my assessment day in Sydney yesterday and received an email today to complete the Xref and security checks. The facilitators yesterday advised that successful applicants from our AD could be called up for Jan. 2023 ground schools. They are putting through multiple schools each month for well into 2023. If anyone is going to an AD shortly and would like some questions etc. please let me know, happy to share.

350flyer
10th Nov 2022, 16:43
Hi everyone! I’ve just submitted my security check/asic details two days ago basically as soon as I got it. Was wondering if anyone else has the same issue where they cannot see the status of their application (the ticks). When I try click the link it comes up with an error message every time and to call QantasID services… just want to see if it’s all good

Hound123
10th Nov 2022, 19:42
Does anyone know if xref calls your referees via phone for the reference check? or is it strictly via email

My understanding is Xref contacts referees by email only. The email reference has 17 questions which the referee answers using drop-down box options and also typed written responses. If Qantas wants further information from a referee they will phone them.

Watto22
10th Nov 2022, 19:51
Hi watto22,
I will have AD with Qantas at the end of this week. Any tipsw that you can give me about the group activity or questions they have asked? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thank you

Hi J, The group activity for my AD was that a spaceship of aliens had arrived and we had to come up with 5 attributes of QF to describe to them, in point form, and then report to our assessors after 15 mins. Half way through this they changed it and said the aliens could not speak our language and we had to find a way of drawing each of our 5 attributes. They are really only looking to see how you interact with your fellow group members (groups of 6), how well you listen to each other and then how quickly you jump into action again after they change the task. My 2 on 1 interview questions were: why I wanted to be QF cabin cabin crew then they launched into the behavioural questions: A time when you've dealt with an unhappy customer, a time when you've dealt with conflict amongst fellow worker, a time when operational procedures were breached in your workplace and the outcome, a time when you had to act quickly in a pressure situation at work. Dont forget to use the STAR format: situation, task, action, result. Also, be prepared to intro yourself for 20-30 sec. The facilitators are very good at making you feel relaxed, the 3 hours went by very quickly. Good luck with it all and hope this helps!

Hound123
10th Nov 2022, 19:56
Hi everyone! I’ve just submitted my security check/asic details two days ago basically as soon as I got it. Was wondering if anyone else has the same issue where they cannot see the status of their application (the ticks). When I try click the link it comes up with an error message every time and to call QantasID services… just want to see if it’s all good

I submitted my security check/ID application several weeks ago. When I clicked the link to check the status of my application I received the same error message as you. So I phoned Qantas People Services 1300 303 411 and they confirmed everything was ok.

Intellisis
11th Nov 2022, 08:27
It wouldn't be that easy if you didn't do ant fitness at all put it that way. 😊

Hi DaniQ

debbieitaly
14th Nov 2022, 07:50
Hey guys, guess what! I finally got invited to the assessment day, yaaaay (excited booty dance 💃). I'm over the moon, I thought it was never going to happen :) I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long the layover is when we fly overseas like to Europe or the US? I've searched but can't find any info online 😕

Ham555
14th Nov 2022, 07:57
Hi fellow Melb based candidates
I’m wondering if anyone else received the progress email last week for possible ground school in late Jan?

Watto22
14th Nov 2022, 09:11
Hey guys, guess what! I finally got invited to the assessment day, yaaaay (excited booty dance 💃). I'm over the moon, I thought it was never going to happen :) I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long the layover is when we fly overseas like to Europe or the US? I've searched but can't find any info online 😕
This is a good question to ask at the AD.

debbieitaly
14th Nov 2022, 09:44
This is a good question to ask at the AD.
Good idea 👌

Dreamergirl
14th Nov 2022, 20:56
Hey! A few Melbourne kids and myself also got that email last week :) Can't believe it's finally moving along for us! Fingers crossed we all pass medicals with flying colours <3

Koko90
15th Nov 2022, 02:24

hello, my friend works for QF and the LHR via SIN is as follows 24 hours in SIN, 36 hours in LHR then 48 hours in SIN on the way back. Dallas is usually a 72 hour slip. Hope this helps

debbieitaly
15th Nov 2022, 07:27
Hi everyone, can someone please tell me whether the photocopies for assessment day need to be verified by a jp?

Ham555
15th Nov 2022, 08:26
Hey! A few Melbourne kids and myself also got that email last week :) Can't believe it's finally moving along for us! Fingers crossed we all pass medicals with flying colours <3

Yes I was a bit surprised to hear from them this side of Xmas to be honest I wasn’t expecting to hear anything until the new year. Yes fingers cross we pass medical with flying colours.

Hound123
15th Nov 2022, 10:05
Hi everyone, can someone please tell me whether the photocopies for assessment day need to be verified by a jp?
The photocopies are verified/signed by Qantas managers at the AD. You must take the original documents so the managers can see them. They do not need to be signed by a JP.

Watto22
15th Nov 2022, 20:13
No, they don't need to be verified by a JP. QF talent staff verify them on the assessment day. Note: if you're married and have changed your name, take a photo copy of your marriage certificate along with the original and get that signed and verified on the day. You'll need this as part of your ASICS application to prove when you're name was legally changed.

Flightysyd
17th Nov 2022, 18:03

so do I!!

Ham555
17th Nov 2022, 20:59
Hi, does it matter which first aid/cpr course you do or does it have to be with St John’s only?

Ham555
17th Nov 2022, 22:58
so do I!!

congrats! How exciting. That seemed like very short notice but still very exciting for you both! Let’s us how it all goes.

Yumm34
19th Nov 2022, 11:21
Hey,

I have recently applied and completed the online chat interview around early November, but am still waiting for an email for the Assessment Day.

How long does it usually take for Qantas to let me know if I have passed the online interview and can attend the Assessment day?
If I was not successful on the online chat interview, would they email me back?

I am worried as I have mentioned that I am still a University student, but haven’t mentioned that I am planning stop my studies if I am successful. Would this impact me, as they require a 24/7 availability? And would there be anything I can do about this? I am just worried and overthinking if there’s anything I’ve done wrong so far.
I really hope it doesn’t impact my chances and I hear something good from them soon :(

TrolleyD
19th Nov 2022, 18:11
Hi, does it matter which first aid/cpr course you do or does it have to be with St John’s only?

Any accredited provider. Do a search, there are quite a few.

TrolleyD
19th Nov 2022, 18:14
so do I!!

Be prepared to study hard. There is a lot to learn. GS is no walk in the park, spend your days off studying because a test usually follows and they are not all multiple choice.

Ham555
19th Nov 2022, 22:23
Any accredited provider. Do a search, there are quite a few.
thank you

TrolleyD
20th Nov 2022, 16:01
Hey,

I have recently applied and completed the online chat interview around early November, but am still waiting for an email for the Assessment Day.

How long does it usually take for Qantas to let me know if I have passed the online interview and can attend the Assessment day?
If I was not successful on the online chat interview, would they email me back?

I am worried as I have mentioned that I am still a University student, but haven’t mentioned that I am planning stop my studies if I am successful. Would this impact me, as they require a 24/7 availability? And would there be anything I can do about this? I am just worried and overthinking if there’s anything I’ve done wrong so far.
I really hope it doesn’t impact my chances and I hear something good from them soon :(

It all depends on the next available Assessment Day. If you didn't do well in the online interview you would have received a rejection email.
I was invited to an AD 24 hours after completing my online, but that was because there was an AD the following week.

debbieitaly
20th Nov 2022, 23:51
Hi beautiful people, hope youre having a fab Monday! Great news, I did the AD last Wednesday and got my progression email the next day! Yay, I'm over the moon. I've already sent my certificates and completed the Water Competancy on Friday, and my xref references have been completed over the weekend, so just wondering when you guys heard back from them after the Xrefs and re applying for the ASIC?

Flygirl12345
21st Nov 2022, 05:10
Hi guys! I did my online questions nearly 2 weeks ago now and still haven’t heard anything. Do you think I would know it’s a ‘no’ by now if I wasn’t going through to an assessment day?

br787
21st Nov 2022, 09:50
Hi guys! I did my online questions nearly 2 weeks ago now and still haven’t heard anything. Do you think I would know it’s a ‘no’ by now if I wasn’t going through to an assessment day?

I'm in the same boat. My friend who works for QCCA told me no news is good news, otherwise I would have received a rejection letter...

Kuikymart
21st Nov 2022, 13:22
Hey guys, just wondering when should we receive an email or notification prior to our first day ? With location, time etc 😊 I start GS next Monday (28th Nov).

debbieitaly
21st Nov 2022, 14:09
Hi Everyone,
Hey Watto, did you receive the emails from xref and the security check at the same time? My xref email came but not the workday one for the security check.

debbieitaly
21st Nov 2022, 14:15
Hey 350flyer, how long after receiving the xref email did you recieve the email for the security check?

Watto22
21st Nov 2022, 19:51
Hey Watto, did you receive the emails from xref and the security check at the same time? My xref email came but not the workday one for the security check.
Hi D, it was a few days later from memory and then a few days after that for the Bodycare link to book a medical.

debbieitaly
21st Nov 2022, 21:17
Hi D, it was a few days later from memory and then a few days after that for the Bodycare link to book a medical.
Fabulous! That puts my mind at rest then. Thank you 🙏

debbieitaly
21st Nov 2022, 21:29
Sorry for posting so many times everyone. I just have one more question. Regarding the medical, I'm a little bit nervous after reading about it on here last night, because I wear glasses, and I also have tinitus in my ears (constant ringing). Does anyone else also have tinitus or wear contacts or glasses and passed? Thanks in advance ♥️

Zzxyz
21st Nov 2022, 22:42
Hi, just curious but does anyone know what the latest ground school start date is thus far?

Intellisis
21st Nov 2022, 22:53
Hey guys, just wondering when should we receive an email or notification prior to our first day ? With location, time etc 😊 I start GS next Monday (28th Nov).

I received an email with attachments - including course details and schedule - 7 days prior to my start date.

Have you applied for US Visa and received uniform ordering details as yet?

Intellisis
21st Nov 2022, 22:56
Hi, just curious but does anyone know what the latest ground school start date is thus far?

There are so many happening. I have four different classes happening at the facility all started 3 days apart. They are being conducted in Melbourne, Sydney, London, and Abu Dahbi. Apparently they are starting all the time.

Didn't you refuse one recently?

Intellisis
21st Nov 2022, 22:59
Be prepared to study hard. There is a lot to learn. GS is no walk in the park, spend your days off studying because a test usually follows and they are not all multiple choice.

Couldn't agree more TrolleyD...Ground School is hard, both physically and mentally. It requires a lot of after class study to stay on top.

Fly009
21st Nov 2022, 23:15
Hi all and congratulations to all of have started GS. How long after submitting your medical questionnaire and preferred dates for medical do you wait for the Medical. I submitted everything but heard nothing as yet.

Intellisis
21st Nov 2022, 23:43
Hi all and congratulations to all of have started GS. How long after submitting your medical questionnaire and preferred dates for medical do you wait for the Medical. I submitted everything but heard nothing as yet.

They confirmed on the day of payment my appointment for 4 days later

Intellisis
21st Nov 2022, 23:46
Sorry for posting so many times everyone. I just have one more question. Regarding the medical, I'm a little bit nervous after reading about it on here last night, because I wear glasses, and I also have tinitus in my ears (constant ringing). Does anyone else also have tinitus or wear contacts or glasses and passed? Thanks in advance ♥️

Hi Debbie,
You take the eye test without glasses, then with glasses.
Hearing test is in a separate room with both wired ear plugs covered over with a headset. Just listen carefully for the beeps and respond when you hear them.

Zzxyz
22nd Nov 2022, 00:45
There are so many happening. I have four different classes happening at the facility all started 3 days apart. They are being conducted in Melbourne, Sydney, London, and Abu Dahbi. Apparently they are starting all the time.

Didn't you refuse one recently?

oh wow thats crazy with so much happening! afaik, i think early January also have the same situation with lots of training. And yes TA have been very helpful with my application ☺️ Just wanted to touch base on how far along these ground schools have been progressing as it seems very hectic at the moment! All the best with training, can’t wait to hear about your experiences!

debbieitaly
22nd Nov 2022, 01:19
Hi Debbie,
You take the eye test without glasses, then with glasses.
Hearing test is in a separate room with both wired ear plugs covered over with a headset. Just listen carefully for the beeps and respond when you hear them.
Thank you Intellisis, that's very reasurring!

Millsdeandra em
22nd Nov 2022, 11:08

hi! Ive received a call and been offered ground school on January 8 in Abu dhabi. Still awaiting contract prior to resigning!

anyone in the same boat?

Intellisis
22nd Nov 2022, 18:31
Hey Intellisis,
What were the physical/physio assessments like? Thanks in advance

Hi Paradise,
Discussing it with others at GS it seems certain components are different depending on where you have the assessment.
Some had to do 15 push ups and 15 sit ups, whereas some of us didn't.
What hasn't varied are the muscular-skeletal function tests, coordination tests, dexterity, and lifting weights.
There is also a blood pressure check and the 3 minute step test is to measure heart rate...I suggest for these two you don't drink coffee prior to the assessment.
Side planks and squats are also involved as is vision and hearing tests.
Good luck with it. If I passed it, anyone can :)

QueenP
22nd Nov 2022, 20:22
hi! Ive received a call and been offered ground school on January 8 in Abu dhabi. Still awaiting contract prior to resigning!

anyone in the same boat?

I got the call yesterday and have been offered Jan 8th in Abu Dhabi as well!

Jonmaynard199998
22nd Nov 2022, 20:25
hi millsdeqndra,

does Qantas wait until you’ve received your asic clearance before they offer you ground school

thanks

anyone in the same boat?

Hound123
22nd Nov 2022, 20:48

Hi. I start GS in Sydney on 4th January.

Fly009
23rd Nov 2022, 00:09
Hi all, I have my medical tomorrow. Does anyone know if with sit up exercise can you use feet support as I'm hopeless at doing them without. I'm scared I'll fail that part