PDA

View Full Version : Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Hashuree
15th May 2022, 13:33
Hi, my AD is in Brisbane, are you sure yours is in Sydney?

i wish mine was in brisbane 😩😩😩 unfortunately i was told to make the treck to Sydney for interview at the headquarters

nnxybh
15th May 2022, 20:58
:) Qantas are still recruiting for the active hold pool. QF recruitment is all done on points scoring. So they will build up the active hold list with as many candidates who meet the benchmark score. So for example if they recruit next week and have candidates that score high they will be offered positions first over candidates they interviewed early in the year that may sit in with lower scores, if that makes sense.Basically they will build the active hold pool with as many high scoring candidates as they can get then they work their way down the list for job offers. That’s what QF have done in the past.

Is it just me or the points scoring thing is really dumb? From my experience (and I’m sure most of you too) your “points” don’t determine how well you do your job. So for them to keep recruiting while there are people putting their lives on hold waiting for them is dumb. I’m sorry

Kuikymart
15th May 2022, 21:52
Is it just me or the points scoring thing is really dumb? From my experience (and I’m sure most of you too) your “points” don’t determine how well you do your job. So for them to keep recruiting while there are people putting their lives on hold waiting for them is dumb. I’m sorry

It clearly looks like they are trying to get as many eggs in the basket, come round a couple weeks or a few after these current assessment days and then they’ll start to pluck the good eggs and leave the rest and possibly leaving them for god knows how long ahaha. Just fingers crossed you scored high and your next to be called.

I do agree with that tho. You might of just met the bench mark and got to the next stage but isn’t that bench mark enough to become a member of qf? not… pass this mark but if someone is better then we will take them first, it’s like how do you know who is actually better on the job 🤔

QF747438
16th May 2022, 01:22

I agree with you. That’s how volume recruitment works, they have so many applicants that’s easy way they can rank all candidates against each other.

I have worked in Cabin Crew recruitment in the past and always thort they let a lot of good applications go by doing group interviews before panel interviews, some people are great at group interviews, but don’t make the cut at panel interviews but the good candidates get culled before panels.

Again it’s all target selection and rankings are marked on points.

djw024
16th May 2022, 01:49
Hi everyone,

to whoever has been to the assessment day....

just a quick question, they ask me to bring a photo with me, so I am wondering should I just bring a Photo for ID making purpose or a corporate portrait style of photo?

thx

danigirl
16th May 2022, 07:11
Hi everyone,

to whoever has been to the assessment day....

just a quick question, they ask me to bring a photo with me, so I am wondering should I just bring a Photo for ID making purpose or a corporate portrait style of photo?

thx

They just need a head shot to attach to your application so they can remember who you are after the AD. Your security ID photo will be asked for separately if you progress.

Mel2022QF
16th May 2022, 10:39
Will check it out! Thank you Danigirl.
Hope everyone in the forum is doing ok.
Deflated but hopeful is one way to describe how I am feeling at present. I get that things change constantly but I thought we were booking in for our medicals? And now it seems we are on hold, which is fine. I just wish I hadn't got my hopes up or planned to be in ground school imminently..
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has declined other opportunities to pursue this one. No regrets, but I hope I'm making the right choices..
I just wanted to say hey if you feel the same, you're not alone. Hang in there and hope to see you onboard one day :)

Monica McAvaney
17th May 2022, 01:58
thank you - this is hopefully some clarification. I got the email too - I was a bit deflated but I live in hope! I applied for melbourne base. Fingers crossed for us all x

djw024
17th May 2022, 13:56
To whoever is going to the AD in Brisbane tomorrow and 19th Thursday, I wish you good luck!

Mine is on the 19th, hopefully I can meet couple of people there. LOL

DaniQ
18th May 2022, 08:50
Will check it out! Thank you Danigirl.
Hope everyone in the forum is doing ok.
Deflated but hopeful is one way to describe how I am feeling at present. I get that things change constantly but I thought we were booking in for our medicals? And now it seems we are on hold, which is fine. I just wish I hadn't got my hopes up or planned to be in ground school imminently..
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has declined other opportunities to pursue this one. No regrets, but I hope I'm making the right choices..
I just wanted to say hey if you feel the same, you're not alone. Hang in there and hope to see you onboard one day :)
Absolutely feeling the same way!
We were told on assessment day in April that GS would be in October. Fingers crossed about that one!
It's still a long time to wait to hear anything, even with the 8 to 10 weeks notice.

Hashuree
20th May 2022, 03:17
Hi team,

is there anyone else in this thread that was at AD in Sydney this wednesday gone. Im so grateful to have passed the AD i couldnt sleep now the anticipation awaits for reference check.

they did too tell us that GS will start in October

a long long way to go but im remaining positive.

TravellingFoodie
20th May 2022, 08:17
This is somewhat off topic, but I’ve been putting life on hold with all the back and forward from Qantas in regards to medicals, ground school etc. Now that we have some clarity on when to expect a phone call to go for medicals/ proceed to ground school, would it be dumb of me to book a holiday?😂 I’ve been wanting to go on holiday for a while but put it to the side because of the recruitment process. Thinking if I do go away in August, I should be okay if they do contact us 8-10 weeks before anything else commences! Thoughts ? 🤞🏼

Kuikymart
20th May 2022, 08:58
This is somewhat off topic, but I’ve been putting life on hold with all the back and forward from Qantas in regards to medicals, ground school etc. Now that we have some clarity on when to expect a phone call to go for medicals/ proceed to ground school, would it be dumb of me to book a holiday?😂 I’ve been wanting to go on holiday for a while but put it to the side because of the recruitment process. Thinking if I do go away in August, I should be okay if they do contact us 8-10 weeks before anything else commences! Thoughts ? 🤞🏼

I would say if you’d like to go on a holiday. GO FOR IT and fly Qantas obviously 🤣. But go to a destination where you can easily fly back just in case

TravellingFoodie
20th May 2022, 10:57
I would say if you’d like to go on a holiday. GO FOR IT and fly Qantas obviously 🤣. But go to a destination where you can easily fly back just in case
Kuikymart I can’t let it hold me back right ! Obviously! I have plenty of QFF points to use anyways 😛
Hopefully if I go the first two weeks of August, I should be in the clear 🤔

djw024
20th May 2022, 15:04
i wish mine was in brisbane 😩😩😩 unfortunately i was told to make the treck to Sydney for interview at the headquarters
Hi Hashuree, how did you go with the AD in Sydney, mine was on Thursday and I got an successful Email today early afternoon. Got my security check docs uploaded. and now all the "green ticks" that everyonw are talking about starts to make sense.

QF747438
20th May 2022, 19:28
Kuikymart I can’t let it hold me back right ! Obviously! I have plenty of QFF points to use anyways 😛
Hopefully if I go the first two weeks of August, I should be in the clear 🤔

:) Definitely go for a holiday - Qantas are holding back to back assessment days till October to fill the active hold pool for international before they commence selecting the candidates they wish to hire, the first ground schools are not planned till October now. Don’t put life on hold - enjoy 😉 your holiday.

djw024
21st May 2022, 14:50
Hi team,

is there anyone else in this thread that was at AD in Sydney this wednesday gone. Im so grateful to have passed the AD i couldnt sleep now the anticipation awaits for reference check.

I passed too!!! congrats!!!

QF747438
22nd May 2022, 20:40
:) Qantas International Ground school starting on June 15, it is now been filled by Jetconnect Auckland base and internal candidates, good luck to those commencing with Qantas see you in the sky's soon.

Krisflyer5
23rd May 2022, 15:14
Hi everyone, I am SYD based and had my AD on 9th March. I received latest email from TA last week to let me send them my certificates (RSA, first aid, water competency) prior being made an offer of employment. is that a good sign that i will receive an offer of employment soon ? anyone knows ?

Galleygirl2022
25th May 2022, 03:06
Hey everyone, I attended a qantas international recruiting day in Sydney for Sydney base last month was successful and all x-ref, security checks completed, just been contacted to send in my water/swim test and certificates and attend to bodycare medical. I was told no Sydney postings will be available till October or in 2023 now, I can go for Auckland NZ based for international, ground course is in June for international or remain on hold pool until late 2022 or 2023 for Sydney base. I believe they have a large hold file now to work with, and selecting is based on metrics. Anyone else at this section of the process, also Applies as language speaker.

;-)

Krisflyer5
25th May 2022, 06:39
Hi Galleygirl2022, Did they just call you or email you regarding the ground school will be in October 2022 or 2023 ?

QF747438
25th May 2022, 08:49
Hey everyone, I attended a qantas international recruiting day in Sydney for Sydney base last month was successful and all x-ref, security checks completed, just been contacted to send in my water/swim test and certificates and attend to bodycare medical. I was told no Sydney postings will be available till October or in 2023 now, I can go for Auckland NZ based for international, ground course is in June for international or remain on hold pool until late 2022 or 2023 for Sydney base. I believe they have a large hold file now to work with, and selecting is based on metrics. Anyone else at this section of the process, also Applies as language speaker.

;-)

Hi :)

Sometimes during recruitment Qantas call candidates on hold for a particular Cabin crew ie: Qantas International positions and offer jobs on other Qantas subsidiaries like QantasLink / Jetconnect or even Jetstar and even MAM ect , it’s usually a take it or leave it basis going back on active hold or even been on active hold does not mean you will get the position eventually, after 12 months from date of original application, Qantas will usually advise to re apply for role in the future once active hold expires.

TravellingFoodie
25th May 2022, 10:01
Hi everyone, I am SYD based and had my AD on 9th March. I received latest email from TA last week to let me send them my certificates (RSA, first aid, water competency) prior being made an offer of employment. is that a good sign that i will receive an offer of employment soon ? anyone knows ?

Krisflyer5 Hey, that’s so exciting! I had my AD on the same day in Sydney too, definitely sounds like great news! Last I heard was on 11/05, saying that there are updates to their network and operational requirements, and that they anticipate GS will begin October 2022/2023, and will be in touch 8-10 weeks prior to a start date! Let us know how you go🤞🏼😀

Krisflyer5
25th May 2022, 10:34
Krisflyer5 Hey, that’s so exciting! I had my AD on the same day in Sydney too, definitely sounds like great news! Last I heard was on 11/05, saying that there are updates to their network and operational requirements, and that they anticipate GS will begin October 2022/2023, and will be in touch 8-10 weeks prior to a start date! Let us know how you go🤞🏼😀

Thank you travelling foodie, glad to find someone on the same AD here. So you did not receive the call from them regarding training in Abu Dhabi and later email around 13/05 to send them certificates ?

TravellingFoodie
25th May 2022, 20:10
Thank you travelling foodie, glad to find someone on the same AD here. So you did not receive the call from them regarding training in Abu Dhabi and later email around 13/05 to send them certificates ?

Krisflyer5 I received an email to expect a phone call early May, then never received a phone call but got an email instead with an update :( a bit deflating after such a long process, I just have to hold on a bit longer I suppose.

mnd
25th May 2022, 22:57
Krisflyer5 I received an email to expect a phone call early May, then never received a phone call but got an email instead with an update :( a bit deflating after such a long process, I just have to hold on a bit longer I suppose.

hey Travelling Foodie,

Do you think they will contact us, or will we have to apply again after 12 months since our application is only valid for that amount of time 🥲? I was thinking if I should shoot my shot at another airline?

Kuikymart
25th May 2022, 23:12
The externals that were called in may, and sending through certificates etc. when are they starting ground school?

@mnd hahaha I don’t think we will be left alone, they obviously wanted you at the assessment day that’s why your in the Qantas pool 😇

A38TY
25th May 2022, 23:48
The externals that were called in may, and sending through certificates etc. when are they starting ground school?

@mnd hahaha I don’t think we will be left alone, they obviously wanted you at the assessment day that’s why your in the Qantas pool 😇
Hi Kuikymart,
Regarding externals called in May etc...I haven't heard anything since email to send certificates, which was 2 weeks ago. With the phone call, I was not told any GS start dates, they asked me if I could train for up to 28 days in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. :)
Travel is picking up quickly but understandable that they are taking their time because of the experience of what happened to the industry with the pandemic and new variants. Hopefully steady climb from here 😁✈

djw024
25th May 2022, 23:58

;-)
Hi Galleygirl,
Im in Brisbane too, I am also a languange speaker, may I ask what language you spaek?

Kuikymart
26th May 2022, 00:00
Hi Kuikymart,
Regarding externals called in May etc...I haven't heard anything since email to send certificates, which was 2 weeks ago. With the phone call, I was not told any GS start dates, they asked me if I could train for up to 28 days in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. :)
Travel is picking up quickly but understandable that they are taking their time because of the experience of what happened to the industry with the pandemic and new variants. Hopefully steady climb from here 😁✈

Thanks A38TY 😇. Hopefully you receive some fantastic news soon! Fingers crossed for us all 🙂

djw024
26th May 2022, 00:01
to everyone,

just a quick question, where can we see on Qantas website to tell they have compteted the reference check? I know I can see on xref site to see if my referees have comepleted their quentions, just want to see if the qantas side done their final part of the ref check to tick it off.

By the way, my security check came back with all green ticks shown in two days!!! I thought it would normally takes up tp 6 weeks.... That was sooner that I ever imagined.

Kuikymart
26th May 2022, 00:05
to everyone,

just a quick question, where can we see on Qantas website to tell they have compteted the reference check? I know I can see on xref site to see if my referees have comepleted their quentions, just want to see if the qantas side done their final part of the ref check to tick it off.

By the way, my security check came back with all green ticks shown in two days!!! I thought it would normally takes up tp 6 weeks.... That was sooner that I ever imagined.

Usually if your young, haven’t worked in many workplaces, you’ve only had a couple of addresses you have lived at, and you were born and raised in Australia with no criminal history they have to look into then it can take quicker than expected. That’s what I have heard from a friend that works in the government 🙂

A38TY
26th May 2022, 00:44
Thanks A38TY 😇. Hopefully you receive some fantastic news soon! Fingers crossed for us all 🙂
Fingers Crossed for all ✈🤞😁

Millsdeandra em
26th May 2022, 03:07

hi there!

just received an email today from bodycare to make a payment for my medicals!

anyone else received this?

islandwings
26th May 2022, 11:32
Just wondering what Qantas’ policy is with tattoos. I know you’re not allowed ones that are visible while wearing uniform, but if you do have some, would they let you remove them during the ground school, or wear a longer shirt to cover them while you get the removed ? (I have a small one on my wrist). I don’t want to jump the gun and go get it removed asap, if they are flexible with this etc. I have already had a consultation with a tattoo removal company and said it would only take around 8 weeks to have mine completely removed.

Thanks!
I have a girlfriend who got a job with qantas domestic and she has a medium size tattoo on the inner wrist. It was quite noticeable. She uses makeup and her smart watch covered some it. It didn't cause her problems, managers where okay with it.

Intellisis
26th May 2022, 19:20
Hi team,

Reference checks have completed and now waiting on Auscheck and ASIC.

TravellingFoodie
27th May 2022, 04:54

Kuikymart mnd I don’t think we will have to, hopefully October just comes quickly!
I’m sure we will get through, just have to be patient and hold on for now.

Millsdeandra em
27th May 2022, 04:58
Kuikymart mnd I don’t think we will have to, hopefully October just comes quickly!
I’m sure we will get through, just have to be patient and hold on for now.

hi there!

just wondering, i did assessment last feb 24. Body care just emailed me to book my medicals yesterday. Have you received the same?

TravellingFoodie
27th May 2022, 05:02
hi there!

just wondering, i did assessment last feb 24. Body care just emailed me to book my medicals yesterday. Have you received the same?

Millsdeandra em thats exciting! Wow, your AD was ages ago. I’ve not been contacted yet, might be soon if they’re only up to Feb AD though. Did you receive a phone call ?

Millsdeandra em
27th May 2022, 06:43
Hi Kuikymart,

hi! Did you receive email now about medicals? Did my assessment last 24 feb.

was told to expect a call early may, which didnt come, then said im on active hold and that GS will start october or 2023.

now body care emailed me

Millsdeandra em
27th May 2022, 06:45
Millsdeandra em thats exciting! Wow, your AD was ages ago. I’ve not been contacted yet, might be soon if they’re only up to Feb AD though. Did you receive a phone call ?

no call. I am now in Abu dhabi, so maybe thats why… might have to fly into sydney soon for medicals. Just hope GS will start october, otherwise, it’ll expire after 3months

A38TY
27th May 2022, 07:11
hi! Did you receive email now about medicals? Did my assessment last 24 feb.

was told to expect a call early may, which didnt come, then said im on active hold and that GS will start october or 2023.

now body care emailed me
I received a text and email 3 weeks ago. They must be choosing the next lot to go to medicals. I'm predicting they will have GS for externals in next 3 months and have a few. Travel is picking up now. Do you work for Eithad Airlines? I was also at 24/02 AD. :)

Millsdeandra em
27th May 2022, 07:19
I received a text and email 3 weeks ago. They must be choosing the next lot to go to medicals. I'm predicting they will have GS for externals in next 3 months and have a few. Travel is picking up now. Do you work for Eithad Airlines? I was also at 24/02 AD. :)

Oh cool! Hope we end up on the same batch too! And yep, working for etihad! They just called me now, asking if im willing to be trained in dubai/abu dhabi and saying that I should book medicals soon!

Galleygirl2022
27th May 2022, 07:49
Hi everyone I attended my medical on Wednesday at body care, I received a call from Qantas Talent this afternoon to say they may have a training school for Sydney now in August instead of October and they need applications ready to train in UAE especially any language speaking applications incase it gos ahead the lady told me having done medical is still no offer of employment as they still do a final selection after the medical process and not all applications will be hired after medical exams, remaining hopeful, it’s a long process so far.

A38TY
27th May 2022, 07:52
Oh cool! Hope we end up on the same batch too! And yep, working for etihad! They just called me now, asking if im willing to be trained in dubai/abu dhabi and saying that I should book medicals soon!
🙌 You're right at home in Abu Dhabi, you can show everyone around at GS training 🤣🤞

Millsdeandra em
27th May 2022, 08:01
🙌 You're right at home in Abu Dhabi, you can show everyone around at GS training 🤣🤞

definitely! Hahaha and illl introduce you all to my ex colleagues and managers 🤣🤣

A38TY
27th May 2022, 11:14
Hi everyone I attended my medical on Wednesday at body care, I received a call from Qantas Talent this afternoon to say they may have a training school for Sydney now in August instead of October and they need applications ready to train in UAE especially any language speaking applications incase it gos ahead the lady told me having done medical is still no offer of employment as they still do a final selection after the medical process and not all applications will be hired after medical exams, remaining hopeful, it’s a long process so far.
Interesting regarding August GS and makes sense that not all will go through if medical assessment is a concern. It's a physically demanding role. Thanks for the update!!! You must be on the top of their list ✈😉🥳

Kuikymart
27th May 2022, 11:26
I just wish I had the power to know what they do in there Monday to Friday 😂 I would love to know how they do it. Like imagine there tossing up between two people to take in first and it’s you that could’ve been a decision away to starting ground school first 😬 I’ve been saying prayers every night, knocking on wood constantly, daily, weekly when bad thoughts randomly jump in my head ahahaha 😂😂😂. Fingers crossed we all hear something sooner than later 😇

A38TY
27th May 2022, 11:36
I just wish I had the power to know what they do in there Monday to Friday 😂 I would love to know how they do it. Like imagine there tossing up between two people to take in first and it’s you that could’ve been a decision away to starting ground school first 😬 I’ve been saying prayers every night, knocking on wood constantly, daily, weekly when bad thoughts randomly jump in my head ahahaha 😂😂😂. Fingers crossed we all hear something sooner than later 😇
You're so sweet! 🤣 They are probably more strategic than tossing up between two. Second language is probably big plus but language they have stated they need is probably double plus and this is after passing questions, AD, xref and checks. Then if a medical is not up to standard (which could definately be mine 😬) then they cull. If all is great on certificates and medical, then you'll be fine, just a little wait longer ✈🤞🤸‍♀️

Kuikymart
27th May 2022, 11:41
You're so sweet! 🤣 They are probably more strategic than tossing up between two. Second language is probably big plus but language they have stated they need is probably double plus and this is after passing questions, AD, xref and checks. Then if a medical is not up to standard (which could definately be mine 😬) then they cull. If all is great on certificates and medical, then you'll be fine, just a little wait longer ✈🤞🤸‍♀️

hahahah, I figured that the second language speakers would definitely get priority over majority of us. Just waiting ever so patiently, I’m moving out mid June so that’s something to look forward too in the mean time 🥳😇

Kuikymart
27th May 2022, 11:41

do you speak another language yourself? If so what do you speak 🙂

A38TY
27th May 2022, 13:08
do you speak another language yourself? If so what do you speak 🙂
Yes, German ;)

Galleygirl2022
28th May 2022, 02:37
Yes, German ;)

Qantas love language speakers especially now, Hindi is big one on the top of list right now as well as Japanese, German-Italian ect Iam a Japanese speaker, the only down fall is your used a lot more on the sectors your language is spoken.

If you have applied with a language on the application you will definitely be ranked high at the top of the active hold list :oh:

A38TY
28th May 2022, 09:21
Qantas love language speakers especially now, Hindi is big one on the top of list right now as well as Japanese, German-Italian ect Iam a Japanese speaker, the only down fall is your used a lot more on the sectors your language is spoken.

If you have applied with a language on the application you will definitely be ranked high at the top of the active hold list :oh:
Yes, I read Japanese, Hindi and Korean...you're at the top of the list!!! Keep us updated with any news. Have you completed Bodycare? P.S Would love it if QF added FRA back on their route and be sent there all the time 🤣

A38TY
28th May 2022, 09:23
Any other language speakers on here???

QF747438
28th May 2022, 12:19
QF are desperate for language speaking cabin crew, I am a JAPANESE language speaker BFA, I know that currently they have a push for Hindi and Italian speakers 🔊 atm. A 2nd language will send you to the front of the que for FA role. 😉

Word on the street is they had outstanding high ranking talent attend the QCCA recruitment days in Brisbane last week.

A38TY
28th May 2022, 12:28
QF are desperate for language speaking cabin crew, I am a JAPANESE language speaker BFA, I know that currently they have a push for Hindi and Italian speakers 🔊 atm. A 2nd language will send you to the front of the que for FA role. 😉

Word on the street is they had outstanding high ranking talent attend the QCCA recruitment days in Brisbane last week.
Awesome 🇯🇵 + go Brisvegas!!!

djw024
28th May 2022, 12:51
I speak Mandarin and Cantonese, not sure if there are many of them already speaking the same language.

djw024
28th May 2022, 12:53

I was there on Thursday last week at BNE AD, many many friendly people and everyone were super nice. They definately correct about the highly talented ones, everyone there on the day were just excellent. I was so blessed that I got a pass.

A38TY
29th May 2022, 04:21
I speak Mandarin and Cantonese, not sure if there are many of them already speaking the same language.
Awesome! Also top of the list :)

Jackal717
31st May 2022, 04:23
thai native speaker here :)

A38TY
31st May 2022, 04:26
thai native speaker here :)
Awesome!!! Which AD did you attend?

djw024
31st May 2022, 07:44
I have been thinking of set up a group chat group on an app, for those who has passed the AD and on their way to final offer stage.

this is for the instant communicate of infos.

for the purpose of privacy, I am thinking of using snapchat.

anyone keen can private message me your snapchat account name and I will set up the group once I have received at least 5 EOIs.

Monica McAvaney
31st May 2022, 09:29
I have been thinking of set up a group chat group on an app, for those who has passed the AD and on their way to final offer stage.

anyone keen can private message me your snapchat account name and I will set up the group once I have received at least 5 EOIs.

mon_mc thanks

DaniQ
31st May 2022, 21:29

YES PLEASE.
Danielleknow808

Jackal717
1st Jun 2022, 01:08
Awesome!!! Which AD did you attend?
24th of march. My second attempt :D

Hashuree
1st Jun 2022, 06:38

ashureetee

dreamlin3r
1st Jun 2022, 23:52
i will join it my username for snapchat is tyresepeckham

hope to chat to you all soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danigirl
2nd Jun 2022, 07:26

dweston0809

Kadara
3rd Jun 2022, 09:32
Internal email regarding initials training:

Cabin Crew Initial training (CCI): three training courses have now been added in the month of August for existing crew requiring the full CCI course. This includes crew returning from extended leave and crew who were not able to complete training prior to the start of COVID.
Cabin Crew Initial Training – offshore (CCI): CCI training for QCCUK and NZ crew will be continuing over the next few months as we right size the bases to pre-COVID levels.

The training priority for the group remains NZ & UK-based crews, of which constant ground schools are scheduled, including the first group who are currently in Abu Dhabi.

Krisflyer5
3rd Jun 2022, 09:52

The training priority for the group remains NZ & UK-based crews, of which constant ground schools are scheduled, including the first group who are currently in Abu Dhabi.

hi kadara, does this mean August is not possible for us QCCA to be trained in Abu Dhabi?

QF747438
3rd Jun 2022, 12:32

:) This is correct - no CCI for any Australian based CC now till end of 2022 and 2023. Only new crew off the street currently now AKL JETCONNECT and LHR QFCCUK based only.

Hopefully they keep the QCCA candidates updated accordingly with the pushed out ground school planning.

Kadara
3rd Jun 2022, 15:54
:) This is correct - no CCI for any Australian based CC now till end of 2022 and 2023. Only new crew off the street currently now AKL JETCONNECT and LHR QFCCUK based only.

Hopefully they keep the QCCA candidates updated accordingly with the pushed out ground school planning.

I wouldn't hold my breath, as saddening as that is to say. I truly feel for the applicants in here who've dedicated their time, money, and put their hearts into their applications, only to be put on ice and left in the dark in favor of the company outsourcing their jobs overseas. It's not professional, and sadly it's in line with how the company treats its crew.

QF747438
3rd Jun 2022, 22:08
I wouldn't hold my breath, as saddening as that is to say. I truly feel for the applicants in here who've dedicated their time, money, and put their hearts into their applications, only to be put on ice and left in the dark in favor of the company outsourcing their jobs overseas. It's not professional, and sadly it's in line with how the company treats its crew.

Understandable ❤️ However QFCCUK and JETCONNECT are wholly owned 100% companies of Qantas just like QF Cabin Crew Australia (QCCA) their cabin crew are not outsourced they are as equal as QCCA AUS based crew and been around a lot longer than QCCA.

Many Australians work at Jetconnect and can apply for Jetconnect positions at anytime and many Australians with UK 🇬🇧 rights at QFCCUK including a lot of AUS based crew have spent time at QFCCUK in London including my self.

Jetconnect and QFCCUK have all ranks including CSM CSS BFA and FA and all are part of Qantas and no different to QCCA.

What’s not Professional about Qantas recruiting into their long running established bases.

Galleygirl2022
3rd Jun 2022, 22:24
Hi everybody completed my medical at bodycare recently. Just now been notifications that no positions available currently. I apply for Sydney basing at this time and now on hold pool till late 2022 and 2023 and further medical exam again may be required at date closer to time. More waiting time for now Perhaps.

Mel2022QF
4th Jun 2022, 00:09
I'm wondering if the difference is that Qantas UK and Jetconnect are covered under a different agreement, and are potentially being prioritised so that the company has the option of operating the smaller aircraft (ie: A330) on long haul routes, using London and NZ base crew who don't have the same crew rest requirements such as lie down bunks required in their agreement and can be put on shorter rest periods? After all, it's a business..

I'm sure there's people on here that know more than me though so feel free to disagree or share your thoughts.

Appreciate the input and the conversation while we wait patiently and stay positive.. ;)

QF747438
4th Jun 2022, 02:38
I'm wondering if the difference is that Qantas UK and Jetconnect are covered under a different agreement, and are potentially being prioritised so that the company has the option of operating the smaller aircraft (ie: A330) on long haul routes, using London and NZ base crew who don't have the same crew rest requirements such as lie down bunks required in their agreement and can be put on shorter rest periods? After all, it's a business..

I'm sure there's people on here that know more than me though so feel free to disagree or share your thoughts.

Appreciate the input and the conversation while we wait patiently and stay positive.. ;)

😃 Hey Mel2022QF

Yes your definitely right, the employment agreements for each cabin crew group are different, QCCA, QFCCUK and JETCONNECT agreements are very similar however rest requirements on board and off board and duty hour limitations differ. Also sometimes you can have all cabin crew groups crewing the one same flight.

A38TY
4th Jun 2022, 11:40
24th of march. My second attempt :D
Awesome 🙌

A38TY
4th Jun 2022, 11:48

Congrats internals 🥳✈ Very exciting!!!

EX_EK25
6th Jun 2022, 11:56
Hi Team, wondering if anyone here is or has applied via Jetconnect AKL and what stage they are on now in the application process? Thanks again for reading and all the best for everyone!

djw024
6th Jun 2022, 13:43
Just visited the Qantas career site, and realised that the job ad for recruiting international cabin crew has gone, which I think is a good thing, because this means the current round of recruitment has concluded and there is no more new talent come into the talent pool for now.

any other thoughts?

QF747438
6th Jun 2022, 20:26
Just visited the Qantas career site, and realised that the job ad for recruiting international cabin crew has gone, which I think is a good thing, because this means the current round of recruitment has concluded and there is no more new talent come into the talent pool for now.

any other thoughts?

Qantas are now focusing on NZ and UK recruitment and training the Australian based recruitment and training is now postponed, as they have a backlog of current crew to retrain and new candidates that were in ground school when covid arrived to re do ground schools.

Hopefully Australian based training occurs later in the year or 2023. The hold list should be full by now it’s been 5 months of continuous recruitment for QCCA. 😉

Skiesthedream
7th Jun 2022, 15:04

do you know how internals fit into this that applied and were successful back in 2019 but then didn’t progress due to covid?

have had to reply this time around, and successful back in hold pool, but don’t know if any consideration into the face were successful 2 years ago.

or do you think we’ll be end 2022/2023 with all others?

QF747438
7th Jun 2022, 23:45
do you know how internals fit into this that applied and were successful back in 2019 but then didn’t progress due to covid?

have had to reply this time around, and successful back in hold pool, but don’t know if any consideration into the face were successful 2 years ago.

or do you think we’ll be end 2022/2023 with all others?

:) Hey Skiesthedream,

I was at the training centre this week, all new cabin crew in 2019/2020 intakes who had commenced initial cabin crew training which had to be canceled mid way are now going back to re commence the CCI course again.

Internals who had signed their letters of offer / contract in 2019/2020 will be called to commence CCI first then internals now on active hold will take priority to be offered positions in CCI courses.

Internals on active hold will be mixed with new external candidates, once all CCIs are filled the remaining externals on active hold will be on hold for 12 months for further positions, if none available they will be made unsuccessful and have to re apply like last time.

djw024
8th Jun 2022, 04:08

I was at the training centre this week, all new cabin crew in 2019/2020 intakes who had commenced initial cabin crew training which had to be canceled mid way are now going back to re commence the CCI course again.

Internals who had signed their letters of offer / contract in 2019/2020 will be called to commence CCI first then internals now on active hold will take priority to be offered positions in CCI courses.

Internals on active hold will be mixed with new external candidates, once all CCIs are filled the remaining externals on active hold will be on hold for 12 months for further positions, if none available they will be made unsuccessful and have to re apply like last time.

Do you know how many internals and 19/20 new cabin crew there are that need to be trained? And can u please advice on number of people per batch that they are training? And lastly, are there new batch to start their training weekly, fortnightly or monthly? Thx

QF747438
8th Jun 2022, 04:35
Do you know how many internals and 19/20 new cabin crew there are that need to be trained? And can u please advice on number of people per batch that they are training? And lastly, are there new batch to start their training weekly, fortnightly or monthly? Thx

Hi there about 3 classes in August for internals needing to be re trained scheduled there are quite a lot of internals on hold on average between 10-15 in a group for AUS based usually 3-5 internals mixed with externals. There is also a fair few CCI for Auckland and London base long haul international cabin crew over the next few months. :-)

djw024
8th Jun 2022, 04:38
Hi there about 3 classes in August for internals needing to be re trained scheduled there are quite a lot of internals on hold on average between 10-15 in a group for AUS based usually 3-5 internals mixed with externals. There is also a fair few CCI for Auckland and London base long haul international cabin crew over the next few months. :-)

I believe we will likely to begin our training in Oct then by looking at the numbers and schedules. Lets be positive and optimistic lol.

QF747438
8th Jun 2022, 05:39
I believe we will likely to begin our training in Oct then by looking at the numbers and schedules. Lets be positive and optimistic lol.

😉😉✈️✈️ Definitely sounds like good things will come to those waiting in OCTOBER 😉😉✈️✈️

Galleygirl2022
8th Jun 2022, 06:15
Hello to everyone, some people I keep in touch with at my Qantas hiring day for international FA was put forward for reference and security checks following to email from body care, 2 persons now just received, not successful email this week and now not progressing to further. This feels like playing lotto 😞☹️😞

Skiesthedream
8th Jun 2022, 06:18

wealth of information.. so appreciated - thanks so much..

yes I was active hold in 2019/20 and active hold again in 2022 - fingers crossed we hear something soon ;)

Flighty25
9th Jun 2022, 02:47
Does the Active hold start since we received the successful email (I received mine in early May) or since we applied back in January? I applied internally.

If it's the latter then it's going to expire and we will have to re apply soon :sad:

QF747438
9th Jun 2022, 06:20
Hello to everyone, some people I keep in touch with at my Qantas hiring day for international FA was put forward for reference and security checks following to email from body care, 2 persons now just received, not successful email this week and now not progressing to further. This feels like playing lotto 😞☹️😞

Keep positive 😉 when airlines and all major airlines hold recruitment campaigns they use volume recruitment and metrics to hire. So what generally occurs is they select enough applications to fill a hold pool who all meet the airlines and job roles criteria. Once it’s full they then progress the applications on metrics / grades to the next stages, once the airline works out the numbers need to fill positions they will generally cull from high ranking to bottom ranking even tho they have progressed the application to next steps ect to remain on the list. Lots of things factor in at the moment airfares are high and not a many people are travelling as anticipated. This will now have affect on numbers of new crew they need too moving forward.

danigirl
9th Jun 2022, 19:56
wealth of information.. so appreciated - thanks so much..

yes I was active hold in 2019/20 and active hold again in 2022 - fingers crossed we hear something soon ;)

I'm in the same boat. Just have to keep hoping 🤞

danigirl
9th Jun 2022, 20:01
Does the Active hold start since we received the successful email (I received mine in early May) or since we applied back in January? I applied internally.

If it's the latter then it's going to expire and we will have to re apply soon :sad:

I believe it starts from your AD month. My AD was in Melb in March so I'm pretty sure I'll fall off the active hold list in March 2023 so just have to hope something positive happens before then 🤞.

Flighty25
10th Jun 2022, 03:26
I believe it starts from your AD month. My AD was in Melb in March so I'm pretty sure I'll fall off the active hold list in March 2023 so just have to hope something positive happens before then 🤞.
Hello danigirl. Thanks! What about internals? I applied internally in January and did not have to do an assessment day. I was put on active hold in May.

FlyGuy22
19th Jun 2022, 23:27
Hi fellow hopefuls and contributors!
This thread has been such a terrific source of information, thank you so much!
I'm an external applicant, I completed my AD in March 2022 and received an email last week from the Recruitment Team requesting the completion and upload of my Water Competency certificate asap.
Has anyone else received this email? I'm hoping it's a positive sign!

QF747438
20th Jun 2022, 00:31
Hello danigirl. Thanks! What about internals? I applied internally in January and did not have to do an assessment day. I was put on active hold in May.

Hey Flighty25

Today I found out that the 3 planned August GS have internals from Qantas Group (Jetstar and QantasLink) in them also October. Apparently no external GS for QCCA till next year 2023 now. International travel is not back as fast as predicted.

DaniQ
20th Jun 2022, 03:27
I'm an external applicant, I completed my AD in March 2022 and received an email last week from the Recruitment Team requesting the completion and upload of my Water Competency certificate asap.
H there.
I also received the email to submit the swim certificate, which i have already done.
I have no clue if it means anything just yet as there are so many different things I've heard from others as to GS for external applications. I hope we don't have to wait till next year.

Mel2022QF
20th Jun 2022, 03:48
Interesting, thanks so much for your insights QF74738. Yeah you hear different figures on the return of international travel, still only being 40 or 50% of what it was pre-covid so still a long way to go... I wonder how that number correlates with the number of people that exited roles at Qantas? I'm hearing from current QCCA employees saying they are "short staffed" but I wonder if those internals will completely fill that gap in the coming months as capacity increases? I guess nobody really knows how the rest of the year will look.

Also wondering if given the amount of effort that went into recruiting earlier this year with running the AD's and getting us ready for GS (ie: ASIC's, reference checks etc) that perhaps if there is still a need to recruit into next year then our holds may get extended longer than 12 months if we can't get into a GS in time, rather than have many of us reapply? But of course I would wish that ;) Fingers remain crossed anyway!

Millsdeandra em
20th Jun 2022, 04:18

did my assessment last Feb 24, and I have also received same email!

Flighty12345
20th Jun 2022, 06:24
Just wondering if there’s anyone else who received the online questionnaire mid May? Haven’t heard anything back yet but wondering if there will be any more assessment days in the coming months?
Just trying to stay hopeful, I’m in no rush to actually start but hoping maybe this will all fall into place sometime next year.
My original application was back in January as soon as the job was advertised.

danigirl
20th Jun 2022, 08:09
Interesting, thanks so much for your insights QF74738. Yeah you hear different figures on the return of international travel, still only being 40 or 50% of what it was pre-covid so still a long way to go... I wonder how that number correlates with the number of people that exited roles at Qantas? I'm hearing from current QCCA employees saying they are "short staffed" but I wonder if those internals will completely fill that gap in the coming months as capacity increases? I guess nobody really knows how the rest of the year will look.

Also wondering if given the amount of effort that went into recruiting earlier this year with running the AD's and getting us ready for GS (ie: ASIC's, reference checks etc) that perhaps if there is still a need to recruit into next year then our holds may get extended longer than 12 months if we can't get into a GS in time, rather than have many of us reapply? But of course I would wish that ;) Fingers remain crossed anyway!

I'm hoping they will extend as it would be such a waste of time, money and effort to let those already on active hold slip off just because 12 months has passed. 🤞

FlyGuy22
20th Jun 2022, 22:49
Hi DaniQ -
Did you receive your Water Competency request recently?
I can't imagine why I'd receive the request late last week if there was no intention to move ahead with externals GS until 2023.
Like you, my head is swimming with so much information, much of it at odds with itself! I'm remaining positive that my email request last week is a sign that we won't be waiting until 2023.....fingers crossed.

Intellisis
21st Jun 2022, 01:34
Hey Flighty25

Today I found out that the 3 planned August GS have internals from Qantas Group (Jetstar and QantasLink) in them also October. Apparently no external GS for QCCA till next year 2023 now. International travel is not back as fast as predicted.

​​​​​​In May, Australians spent $46m on travel compared with $43m in May 2019 and six times the amount on international travel in 2022 than in 2021. So is the industry coping with this surge in demand?

Intellisis
21st Jun 2022, 01:39
Just wondering if there’s anyone else who received the online questionnaire mid May? Haven’t heard anything back yet but wondering if there will be any more assessment days in the coming months?
Just trying to stay hopeful, I’m in no rush to actually start but hoping maybe this will all fall into place sometime next year.
My original application was back in January as soon as the job was advertised.

I received the questionnaire mid May also...Received a response within 24 hours after submitting to book into Assessment Day the following week.

danigirl
21st Jun 2022, 05:08

I received this water competency email today as well. At least things seem to be slowly moving forward 🤞

Intellisis
21st Jun 2022, 05:27

Received same email today as well

djw024
21st Jun 2022, 05:39
I received this water competency email today as well. At least things seem to be slowly moving forward 🤞
Hi, Danigirl
few people in our group chat from this forum also go the Email, and I believe all you guys are for the Mel Base.
Just a quick question for QF747438, if we got to the point of requested for water comp certification request, how far awat we are or how close we are to the GS?
I see this as a good sigh, which I believe that they now have processed all the internals and started to put us new expternals through the pipeline now.

CONGRATS Danigirl!!!

happr for you.

TravellingFoodie
21st Jun 2022, 05:41
danigirl Woohoo, I just got my email for the water competency too! How exciting, moving forward slowly but surely✈️

Kuikymart
21st Jun 2022, 06:00
I also have received this email too 🤞🏼😇 fingers crossed it’s closer then we think

TravellingFoodie
21st Jun 2022, 06:04
I also have received this email too 🤞🏼😇 fingers crossed it’s closer then we think
YAY! How exciting- not going to lie I cried after reading the email, such a relief to just hear from Qantas!

DaniQ
21st Jun 2022, 08:18
Hi DaniQ -
I can't imagine why I'd receive the request late last week if there was no intention to move ahead with externals GS until 2023.
Like you, my head is swimming with so much information, much of it at odds with itself! I'm remaining positive that my email request last week is a sign that we won't be waiting until 2023.....fingers crossed.
I received my water competency email last Thursday. Ive already submitted it. My AD was in early April. I hope this is a good sign but I guess until we do medicals it's a small step in the process.

Flighty12345
22nd Jun 2022, 05:25
I received the questionnaire mid May also...Received a response within 24 hours after submitting to book into Assessment Day the following week.

Did you apply for MEL or SYD? I only applied for MEL base, however heard there weren't going to be any more assessment days for a while now.

Zzxyz
22nd Jun 2022, 12:02
Hi all,

Just received the email for a swim test and called my local pool and said they don’t assess due to lifeguards not being under “Surf Life Saving Australia” and are with Royal Life Saving Society who don’t assess. Anyone else have this issue?

Intellisis
22nd Jun 2022, 18:36
Did you apply for MEL or SYD? I only applied for MEL base, however heard there weren't going to be any more assessment days for a while now.

I applied for SYD base. Good luck with your application, I hope you hear soon.

Skiesthedream
23rd Jun 2022, 01:40
Hey Flighty25

thanks for the info! That’s exciting news!
do you know if applicants in these planned GS’s have already been contacted? Or are they working through it now?
also are they for Melbourne base?

danigirl
23rd Jun 2022, 03:26
Hi all,

Just received the email for a swim test and called my local pool and said they don’t assess due to lifeguards not being under “Surf Life Saving Australia” and are with Royal Life Saving Society who don’t assess. Anyone else have this issue?

I did mine yesterday at my local pool and no issue. I'm in Melb so not sure if you're in a different state. I'd just call another pool until someone says yes.

danigirl
23rd Jun 2022, 03:33
Hi DaniQ -

It's something they can get out of the way during this waiting period as it doesn't expire and the fact is if you don't pass you won't progress. Some of the ditching training requires being in a simulated ditching in actual water so cabin crew have to be able to swim. But it's still progress albeit slowly 🤞

QF747438
23rd Jun 2022, 08:49
thanks for the info! That’s exciting news!
do you know if applicants in these planned GS’s have already been contacted? Or are they working through it now?
also are they for Melbourne base?

:) Hi Skiesthedream

I work in the training centre a lot, when not flying.

The AUG planned training schedules are for Sydney base, mainly returning crew and internals from 2020 from JQ and QantasLink ect.

The internal hold list is quite big. Nothing for MEL base till October apparently. TA will have externals ready and waiting to slot in by that time when the checks have been completed to commence CCI still looking like end of 2022 bit more like 2023.

QF747438
23rd Jun 2022, 09:16

😉 Qantas International Assessment days have ceased for now. With the continuous recruitment from January, they have more applications on hold than positions that will be offered to those candidates that are successful to job offer stage. Qantas are still recruiting short haul casual FAs in Melbourne with Altara for B737 & A330 operations.

Jackal717
23rd Jun 2022, 13:20
😉 Qantas International Assessment days have ceased for now. With the continuous recruitment from January, they have more applications on hold than positions that will be offered to those candidates that are successful to job offer stage. Qantas are still recruiting short haul casual FAs in Melbourne with Altara for B737 & A330 operations.

So…..some of us maybe not a successful candidate perhaps?? The water competency assessment just got me excited for nothing T_T

FlyGuy22
24th Jun 2022, 00:20
It's something they can get out of the way during this waiting period as it doesn't expire and the fact is if you don't pass you won't progress. Some of the ditching training requires being in a simulated ditching in actual water so cabin crew have to be able to swim. But it's still progress albeit slowly 🤞

Absolutely! I'd already completed mine in May so it was easy to forward to the Recruitment Team. Like you, I'm taking a positive spin and regarding it as an encouraging step forward for something to happen in 2022.Here's hoping! :ok:

QF747438
24th Jun 2022, 01:37
Thanks for the info, wonder why they would send me a questionnaire so late then? Especially as I applied within a day of it being advertised in Jan. I have a lot of flying experience including previous international flying so I'm feeling a bit disheartened. Fingers crossed ground schools start happening for those people who've progressed on here so there's hope for those of us who are still waiting to get an assessment day.

:) Workforce planing and forecasting for crew levels change almost daily. Qantas also commenced Long Haul recruitment for Jetconnect NZ and QFCCUK which now have commenced CCI training at least 3 CCI Jetconnect currently training for Qantas International operations. With these factors and current outlook reductions in initial QCCA numbers will occur. Once they short list the current active hold pool with the selected candidates for job offers, they may need to interview again for updated talent from the application list they have.

Jackal717
24th Jun 2022, 05:59
Interview again…? :eek:

djw024
24th Jun 2022, 06:11
:) Workforce planing and forecasting for crew levels change almost daily. Qantas also commenced Long Haul recruitment for Jetconnect NZ and QFCCUK which now have commenced CCI training at least 3 CCI Jetconnect currently training for Qantas International operations. With these factors and current outlook reductions in initial QCCA numbers will occur. Once they short list the current active hold pool with the selected candidates for job offers, they may need to interview again for updated talent from the application list they have.
Hi, QF747438,
may I ask how many people roughly there are on the internal's list?
and roughly how many people there are totally in the active holding pool?
any idea?

djw024
24th Jun 2022, 06:18
we have all shifted to Instagram group chat, there are many many useful information we have exchanged and chatted about, beauty about IG group chat is that you can see all the chat history!!
if you are keen, please PM, PM! P!M! me your instagran account name and I will follow you on there.

Flighty25
24th Jun 2022, 06:22
we have all shifted to Instagram group chat, there are many many useful information we have exchanged and chatted about, beauty about IG group chat is that you can see all the chat history!!
if you are keen, please PM, PM! P!M! me your instagran account name and I will follow you on there.
I will PM you

Mel2022QF
24th Jun 2022, 09:49

Thanks djw024 but I have to say it would be a real shame to divert discussions away from this forum. You can also see the all chat history here.

All info from what I have seen has been exchanged in really good faith and is not so easily tracked to our identity, unlike Instagram or other apps. While we're not employees of the company personally I'll prefer to keep things on here.

djw024
24th Jun 2022, 10:33
Thanks djw024 but I have to say it would be a real shame to divert discussions away from this forum. You can also see the all chat history here.

All info from what I have seen has been exchanged in really good faith and is not so easily tracked to our identity, unlike Instagram or other apps. While we're not employees of the company personally I'll prefer to keep things on here.
I respect your opinon, and we are all also using this thread as well as the chat since its more instant and easy net working,\
we are all on the same boat and I wish everything in your end going well like the rest.
if there is anything I can help, please feel free to reach out and I will endeavor to help. :)

winglet30
25th Jun 2022, 01:52

Other than being a backup plan, would there be any advantage to applying for Short Haul Altara while we are waiting if we are already on the International hold pool for Melbourne base? ie. in terms of being considered as an internal transfer vs external if subsequently progressed for international from the hold pool?

Galleygirl2022
26th Jun 2022, 05:57
🙏 I finally got the call on Friday to start employment and training school on 1st of August Sydney base. The recruitment officer make mentioned I was 1 of only 5 joining this training group. I was told no other later training courses were available later for now possibly next year. I accepted this start date. I completed my medical and and checks over 1 month ago now. I am a language speaker I don’t know if this made some difference. Good luck to others in waiting

A38TY
26th Jun 2022, 07:16
🙏 I finally got the call on Friday to start employment and training school on 1st of August Sydney base. The recruitment officer make mentioned I was 1 of only 5 joining this training group. I was told no other later training courses were available later for now possibly next year. I accepted this start date. I completed my medical and and checks over 1 month ago now. I am a language speaker I don’t know if this made some difference. Good luck to others in waiting
Amazing!!! Congratulations, so exciting ✈ When did you complete drug + alcohol? How exciting for you :)

djw024
26th Jun 2022, 07:20
Yeah!!! Im so happy for u!!!
Go and embrace your new life!
And also please suss more inside info out for us lol.

Millsdeandra em
26th Jun 2022, 07:37

wow conrgrats!!!! Good news finally!❤️❤️❤️ Have they made you do drug and alcohol test already?

Galleygirl2022
26th Jun 2022, 10:54
Thanks guys, I did my medical assessment about 4 weeks ago this was drug and alcohol testing together with physical testing.

A38TY
26th Jun 2022, 11:02
Thanks guys, I did my medical assessment about 4 weeks ago this was drug and alcohol testing together with physical testing.
Thanks! Good luck with it all ✈🌏

Intellisis
26th Jun 2022, 22:06

Congratulations and well done GG!!...I am sure it was more than just your language skills. They no doubt liked the complete package.

QF747438
26th Jun 2022, 22:20
Other than being a backup plan, would there be any advantage to applying for Short Haul Altara while we are waiting if we are already on the International hold pool for Melbourne base? ie. in terms of being considered as an internal transfer vs external if subsequently progressed for international from the hold pool?

Hi winglet30 😉

Altara QF short haul crew are not Qantas employees they work for a labour hire company so they would have to apply for Qantas roles externally. Working for Altara would have no affect on your Qantas application, if you were with Altara you would be a external application ect. Hope this helps.

QF747438
26th Jun 2022, 22:24

😉 congratulations 🎉

see you out on line,looks like they are backfilling some spots in the internal CCIs, hopefully more of you will hear soon, happy safe flying

Galleygirl2022
26th Jun 2022, 23:18
Thankyou to everyone for pvt messages. I sent my certifications in then processed to medical exams and test. I wait for employment offer after 1 month form medical. :-)

danigirl
27th Jun 2022, 05:43
Interesting as I know of someone who is employed though a Qantas labour hire company who was able to apply for this Qantas international internally with no assessment day. However previously when I was an outsourced crew member for Qantas group I had to apply for international externally and attend an assessment day.

I do too but I believe they are "casuals" with labour hire company so although they don't have to jump through as many hoops as they are working crew and have security clearance, they are still treated as externals and are added to the external pool as they are not existing QCCA employees. Most of them are waiting until the SH crews have been topped up before they will let them go so as not to leave SH short staffed.

danigirl
27th Jun 2022, 05:45

That is such awesome news! How exciting. Good luck with it all and keep us posted on your progress.

TravellingFoodie
30th Jun 2022, 09:16
Hey all!

I completed my pre employment medical today and weirdly enough didn’t do a drug/ alcohol screening. Has this been the same for anyone else ?
Would it be something worth contacting the talent acquisition team about, or wait and see if I get contacted again?

Mel2022QF
30th Jun 2022, 11:20
Hey travelling foodie, well done on getting invited to the medical! :)

Like you I was contacted about the water competency request last week, but have heard nothing else.. Melbourne base seems to be at slower pace than Sydney... I suspect there may be a ground school for you coming up, because doesn't the medical have to be within 3 months?

As for the drug/alcohol test, hmm I thought Bodycare previously did that on the day, did you get charged the full amount of $300 or whatever it is?

Perhaps they are planning on testing closer to accepting candidates into the GS if it's a few months? Let us know what they say if you get in touch with TA. Anyway, huge congrats to you! Keep us posted.

TravellingFoodie
30th Jun 2022, 11:31
Hey travelling foodie, well done on getting invited to the medical! :)

Like you I was contacted about the water competency request last week, but have heard nothing else.. Melbourne base seems to be at slower pace than Sydney... I suspect there may be a ground school for you coming up, because doesn't the medical have to be within 3 months?

As for the drug/alcohol test, hmm I thought Bodycare previously did that on the day, did you get charged the full amount of $300 or whatever it is?

Perhaps they are planning on testing closer to accepting candidates into the GS if it's a few months? Let us know what they say if you get in touch with TA. Anyway, huge congrats to you! Keep us posted.

Mel2022QF Hey, thank you! Things seem like they’re starting to move which feels awesome! That was my impression as well. I was charged the $224. I think I may reach out to the Qantas Talent Acquisition team as it did seem odd, even the person who did my medical was confused but said some candidates have done it at the same time, others a later date.

Flyingpan1
30th Jun 2022, 21:32

Congratulations!! 🥳 Did they mentioned where is the training will be? And how long?

Intellisis
30th Jun 2022, 21:49
Hey all!

I completed my pre employment medical today and weirdly enough didn’t do a drug/ alcohol screening. Has this been the same for anyone else ?
Would it be something worth contacting the talent acquisition team about, or wait and see if I get contacted again?

If you didn't do D&A test then no, you have not completed your pre-employment medical

TravellingFoodie
30th Jun 2022, 22:22
If you didn't do D&A test then no, you have not completed your pre-employment medical
Intellisis Thats what I thought. I’ve now emailed the talent team at Qantas for further information.

Monica McAvaney
1st Jul 2022, 00:09
Mel2022QF Hey, thank you! Things seem like they’re starting to move which feels awesome! That was my impression as well. I was charged the $224. I think I may reach out to the Qantas Talent Acquisition team as it did seem odd, even the person who did my medical was confused but said some candidates have done it at the same time, others a later date.

fantastic news travellingfoodie, gives us all some hope! Are you Sydney or Melbourne base?

Millsdeandra em
1st Jul 2022, 02:15
Intellisis Thats what I thought. I’ve now emailed the talent team at Qantas for further information.

same happened to me. Just did my medicals and body care even called Qantas on the day to make sure, they said no need to do it yet… so i assume, they’d ask one to do it when its closer to the GS date.

Intellisis
1st Jul 2022, 02:44
same happened to me. Just did my medicals and body care even called Qantas on the day to make sure, they said no need to do it yet… so i assume, they’d ask one to do it when its closer to the GS date.

That makes sense...
Can you share exactly what is involved in the medical please?

travellerslife
2nd Jul 2022, 05:22
Ex VAI crew here thinking about a return to flying. Seems I’ve just missed out on the QF international recruitment, but just dropping in to say hi!

Mel2022QF
2nd Jul 2022, 06:20
Oh hey there travellerslife! :)

Not sure how far back you've read but it's been a series of highs and lows since they started advertising in Jan. So at least you've not put yourself through all that ;) But good luck with it all and I reckon the forum is the place to be for any updates haha. After the last few months it feels to me like anything may happen with the recruitment, there are a bunch of us on hold but some could drop off for other roles (eg: Emirates) Sydney looks to be making more (slow) progress than Melb, so that's good, progress is progress.

Just a general comment I was reading about the A380's and where they are all at, which I see as an indication of where the overall capacity is at compared to pre-covid. As of yesterday out of the 12, 2 are being scrapped or plan to be. 3 are currently in Dubai being refurbed. I'm not sure exactly how many are operating right now but apparently the plan was to have just 5 back in service by now. Anyway as always I'm sure there are those that know far more than me so feel free to comment.

Good luck everyone and hang in there, and take it easy :)

travellerslife
2nd Jul 2022, 08:48
Thanks!
it didn’t occur to me that QF might lose a lot of recruits to other airlines is they don’t hurry up. Though in my one and only previous experience it took something like 8 months from interview to ground school. I can’t remember how long before that I applied, but it took a minute!
I have several friends at QF and apparently there’s no BNE long haul base, right now. Kiwi crew are operating a lot of the BNE flights and staff getting paxed to operate from different bases. Crazy!

JetsetCocker
5th Jul 2022, 23:50
That makes sense...
Can you share exactly what is involved in the medical please?

Urine (drug and alcohol) test. Hearing and sight test. Breath test (drugs and alcohol), blood pressure test. Step test x 3 minutes. Lifting 23kg from waist level to floor x 5 times and 32kg 3 times. Grip test. Pulling and pushing weights. Side plank - each side. 10 press ups, 10 sit ups and observing body movements to ensure flexibility of skeleton.

I think that was it.

Intellisis
6th Jul 2022, 17:04
Thanks JetsetCocker...Appreciate it.

skyisthelimit123
12th Jul 2022, 08:19
Any updates on how things are progressing for everyone? Anyone been given a ground school yet? Or heard how recruitment is going to look for the rest of this year/2023.

Krisflyer5
12th Jul 2022, 08:33
Any updates on how things are progressing for everyone? Anyone been given a ground school yet? Or heard how recruitment is going to look for the rest of this year/2023.

No major update for me. However I do received a call from TA to let me update my certificate which is close to expiring date. And I asked do I get to GS soon? They said maybe a few month. SYD based here.

Jackal717
12th Jul 2022, 10:43
Hi Krisflyer5. What is that certificate if I may ask?

Krisflyer5
12th Jul 2022, 10:49
Hi Krisflyer5. What is that certificate if I may ask?

my first aid certificate. I did mine last August, usually it’s valid for 3 years, but qantas has 12 month policy, and they said my anticipated start date will not be in August so I need to renew it.

Jackal717
12th Jul 2022, 12:31
Ahhh right. Thanks.

Intellisis
12th Jul 2022, 20:32
my first aid certificate. I did mine last August, usually it’s valid for 3 years, but qantas has 12 month policy, and they said my anticipated start date will not be in August so I need to renew it.

That's right. The CPR component (HLTAID009) always needs to be renewed every 12 months. First Aid (HLTAID011) is 3 years.

winglet30
13th Jul 2022, 03:44
No major update for me. However I do received a call from TA to let me update my certificate which is close to expiring date. And I asked do I get to GS soon? They said maybe a few month. SYD based here.
Hey Krisflyer5, did you have to do the medical around the same time they originally requested the certificates or was that after?

Princess Noddy
13th Jul 2022, 17:01
32kg lift is quite heavy for someone who weighs in the 50’s kilos…(not me lol).

Krisflyer5
17th Jul 2022, 12:06
Hey Krisflyer5, did you have to do the medical around the same time they originally requested the certificates or was that after?

hi, I have already done my medical in early May, and then I received email to let me upload my certificates a week after. And then I haven’t been contacted again until last week to let me renew my certificate.

Kuikymart
21st Jul 2022, 08:39
Hey guys, did anyone else receive an email today from Qantas?

DaniQ
21st Jul 2022, 08:48
yep! Just an update email.

leonie9
21st Jul 2022, 13:31
Hey, just found this thread.
I applied for QantasLink after they cancelled Brisbane's intake of International Cabin Crew. I found out 2 weeks ago I'll be in the Ground School commencing on August 8th.

Intellisis
22nd Jul 2022, 01:53
Hey, just found this thread.
I applied for QantasLink after they cancelled Brisbane's intake of International Cabin Crew. I found out 2 weeks ago I'll be in the Ground School commencing on August 8th.

Congratulations Leonie - Well done!

Intellisis
22nd Jul 2022, 01:53

Yes, I received the carrot on a stick too

skyisthelimit123
22nd Jul 2022, 06:04
Yes, I received the carrot on a stick too

If you don’t mind sharing, what’s the latest update?
I’m a bit further behind in the recruitment process than most people here. Just wanting to sus the pace of everything to know where I stand in regards to hearing back anything soon.

danigirl
25th Jul 2022, 03:23
If you don’t mind sharing, what’s the latest update?
I’m a bit further behind in the recruitment process than most people here. Just wanting to sus the pace of everything to know where I stand in regards to hearing back anything soon.

A few Syd base Int. crew are getting ready for GS in August. As far as I'm aware no one from Melb base has progressed any further than "prepare for medicals" but that won't happen until they can sort out GS dates. So most Melb people that have progressed to this stage are on active hold until further notice. We got an update email about a week ago just confirming we are still on active hold. So not much news for Melb base other than a bunch of us are on active hold since May.

skyisthelimit123
26th Jul 2022, 03:31
A few Syd base Int. crew are getting ready for GS in August. As far as I'm aware no one from Melb base has progressed any further than "prepare for medicals" but that won't happen until they can sort out GS dates. So most Melb people that have progressed to this stage are on active hold until further notice. We got an update email about a week ago just confirming we are still on active hold. So not much news for Melb base other than a bunch of us are on active hold since May.

That's a shame its moving so slowly...hope you hear so good news soon!
any idea if internal applicants are priority for GS over external?
I'm still waiting to hear something after completing my questionnaire, its been months...so sounds like it will be a while before I hear anything, if at all.

korb15
28th Jul 2022, 02:49
Hi there,
Has anybody been asked to complete medical including drug & alcohol and submitted all certificates (first aid, RSA, CPR & water) and not heard anything back yet? Its been about 3/4 weeks since everything has been completed and submitted?

A38TY
28th Jul 2022, 20:42
Hi there,
Has anybody been asked to complete medical including drug & alcohol and submitted all certificates (first aid, RSA, CPR & water) and not heard anything back yet? Its been about 3/4 weeks since everything has been completed and submitted?
Hi Korb15,
Yes, I have also completed all and have not heard anything yet! :)
What AD did you attend?

korb15
28th Jul 2022, 21:35
Hi Korb15,
Yes, I have also completed all and have not heard anything yet! :)
What AD did you attend?
Okay, hopefully will hear something soon!!
Does AOD have a short validity (from memory 90 days?)??

A38TY
30th Jul 2022, 09:59
Okay, hopefully will hear something soon!!
Does AOD have a short validity (from memory 90 days?)??
I know medical is 3 months but thought AOD was 4 weeks, but not 100% sure :)

korb15
1st Aug 2022, 01:12
I know medical is 3 months but thought AOD was 4 weeks, but not 100% sure :)
I thought the Medical assessment was valid for 6 months and the AOD was 90 days. I don't know why I would have been asked to complete AOD only to have it expire with nil action?? bit confusing..

A38TY
1st Aug 2022, 23:48
I thought the Medical assessment was valid for 6 months and the AOD was 90 days. I don't know why I would have been asked to complete AOD only to have it expire with nil action?? bit confusing..
Medical is 3 months. Anyone else know expiry on AOD?

winglet30
2nd Aug 2022, 02:39
I'm not 100% sure, but I always thought the AOD formed part of the Pre-Employment Medical and expired within the same 3month period. However, I know a few people who have done the medical but not the AOD test so I wonder if the 3months only begins upon completion of the AOD component as many of those that I know of did the medical (without AOD) at the end of June, which doesn't even get to a theoretical Oct GS 🤷‍♂️

A38TY
2nd Aug 2022, 03:49
I'm not 100% sure, but I always thought the AOD formed part of the Pre-Employment Medical and expired within the same 3month period. However, I know a few people who have done the medical but not the AOD test so I wonder if the 3months only begins upon completion of the AOD component as many of those that I know of did the medical (without AOD) at the end of June, which doesn't even get to a theoretical Oct GS 🤷‍♂️
I think intitally it was together (as I thought the same at AD until I completed medical and AOD separately). Hopefully hear this week as medical expires soon.
Anyone have any new updates?

A38TY
2nd Aug 2022, 03:51
When did you complete medical? Also in May?

Incapability
5th Aug 2022, 07:23
Hey I’ve got a virtual assessment day on Monday, anybody else doing it also or know what it’s like doing it virtually? Says it’s only meant to last for 3 hours aswell.

skyisthelimit123
6th Aug 2022, 23:10
Hey I’ve got a virtual assessment day on Monday, anybody else doing it also or know what it’s like doing it virtually? Says it’s only meant to last for 3 hours aswell.

Is this for International Aus based? As I am still waiting to progress to assessment day and haven’t heard anything.

Incapability
6th Aug 2022, 23:18
Is this for International Aus based? As I am still waiting to progress to assessment day and haven’t heard anything.
Hey, no it’s Auckland based

Krisflyer5
20th Aug 2022, 02:26
Hi everyone, how’s it going ? Any updates ? I just had my AOD done yesterday, wondering how long it may take to hear from them again for GS date.

winglet30
20th Aug 2022, 05:25
Hi everyone, how’s it going ? Any updates ? I just had my AOD done yesterday, wondering how long it may take to hear from them again for GS date.

No updates yet on my end but that is great news to hear, another step closer! Hopefully we start to hear more over the coming weeks 😊

Mel2022QF
20th Aug 2022, 06:46
Nice one getting the AOD done! Keep us posted on GS dates for you in Sydney and good luck! Hope you enjoy every minute.
I've resigned myself to thinking that I may not get into a GS this year for Melb base.
Maybe very late in the year but we're nearly Sep and TA have said they will give us 6-8 weeks notice..
BTW I heard the reason we got put on hold back in May was prompted by union action that meant existing Cabin Crew need to be trained across the A330/A380/B787 - just like we were being told we'd be trained on - before new recruits go through.
And that's the reason why we all got put on hold..... right when it was looking so promising!
Kinda all makes sense now what's happened with recruitment timelines if that's all fact.
Oh well, I'll be ready to go when they call :ok: :) Hope everyone's doing well and hanging in there.

winglet30
20th Aug 2022, 11:55
Nice one getting the AOD done! Keep us posted on GS dates for you in Sydney and good luck! Hope you enjoy every minute.
I've resigned myself to thinking that I may not get into a GS this year for Melb base.
Maybe very late in the year but we're nearly Sep and TA have said they will give us 6-8 weeks notice..
BTW I heard the reason we got put on hold back in May was prompted by union action that meant existing Cabin Crew need to be trained across the A330/A380/B777 - just like we were being told we'd be trained on - before new recruits go through.
And that's the reason why we all got put on hold..... right when it was looking so promising!
Kinda all makes sense now what's happened with recruitment timelines if that's all fact.
Oh well, I'll be ready to go when they call :ok: :) Hope everyone's doing well and hanging in there.

Interesting! I also suspect that the time it takes to get A380's back in service and the delay in receiving the remaining new three 787's have also had a compounding effect on the timeline of new crew being needed. That's on top of the issues with training centre capacity. The travel demand is definitely there 😊

Kuikymart
29th Aug 2022, 03:58
Hey guys,

have had a little information from two internals and said that we should be hearing something soon in regards to start dates. They have secured a location. I’ve been told to sit tight and be prepared 👀. Will let you guys know if I hear anything else

winglet30
29th Aug 2022, 06:19
Hey guys,

have had a little information from two internals and said that we should be hearing something soon in regards to start dates. They have secured a location. I’ve been told to sit tight and be prepared 👀. Will let you guys know if I hear anything else

Ooo how exciting! I hope so :) I was recently offered a non airline position overseas and I’m leaning towards turning it down if there’s even the slightest chance of a GS in the next few months. A controversial risk I know - but it’s a damned if you do/don’t situation and QF is my priority so here we are haha

djw024
29th Aug 2022, 11:31
Hey guys,

I think you are correct, I got the similar info here too.
I would suggest we all go and get the water competency cert done and have it ready to be sent through as soon as they are asking so that there is no further delays from our end.

djw024
30th Aug 2022, 09:27
A lot of March AD candidates got contacted to finalise all the paperworks and check ups (including AOD), I am talking A LOT, in a way that everyone I know that had their AD in March ALL got contacted....
Congrats to you March AD people!!!!!!
April and May people (I'm May AD batch) make sure we sit tight!!!!

Jackal717
30th Aug 2022, 09:30
I’m one of the March AD but haven’t heard anything……maybe my performance was quite lower than the others :{

djw024
30th Aug 2022, 09:32
I’m one of the March AD but haven’t heard anything……maybe my performance was quite lower than the others :{
dont panic, people only begin to receive emails and calls later this afternoon, maybe the good news will be at your doorstep tomorrow!! Keep the hope up!!

Jackal717
30th Aug 2022, 09:46
dont panic, people only begin to receive emails and calls later this afternoon, maybe the good news will be at your doorstep tomorrow!! Keep the hope up!!
the thing is I’m kind of having long annual leave coming up and thinking of spending sometimes overseas just to kill the time but worried about getting contacted while I am not here………at least I wish to have my medical done before holiday. I can’t even book my ticket :ugh:

Mel2022QF
30th Aug 2022, 11:46
So how come none of them that were contacted are posting on here? I'm sorry I don't find your posts on point.
We're playing with people's careers and livelihoods here so lets deal in facts. I'm not trying to be rude I'm just curious as to how come you know people had calls and emails this afternoon?

djw024
30th Aug 2022, 11:53
So how come none of them that were contacted are posting on here? I'm sorry I don't find your posts on point.
We're playing with people's careers and livelihoods here so lets deal in facts. I'm not trying to be rude I'm just curious as to how come you know people had calls and emails this afternoon?
I dont understand what you are trying to say, believe or not is up to you, I am just sharing info here, and it is everyone's own choice whether they want to share such info or not, no one is obliged to have to disclose their own progress LIVE on here, so, what is your concern?

P.S. I am not seeking confrontation here, we are all here to help and support eachother here, so please be kind and polite..... Peace out..........

Love and Peace, Good night everyone

djw024
30th Aug 2022, 11:54
the thing is I’m kind of having long annual leave coming up and thinking of spending sometimes overseas just to kill the time but worried about getting contacted while I am not here………at least I wish to have my medical done before holiday. I can’t even book my ticket :ugh:
just be patient for couple more days, let her do her job. there is only one lady is making all the contacts and organising everything in Melbourne.

Mel2022QF
30th Aug 2022, 12:13
Always here to support each other, which is exactly the point of my post. And of course I wish all the best for everyone here.
I'm just a bit surprised that noone here has had the call while you know folks that did. A LOT. That's all. Nothing more than that.

winglet30
31st Aug 2022, 00:28

I’m early March as well and haven't heard anything, have done medical but not AOD yet - hopefully we hear something this week 😬

QFCrew9633
31st Aug 2022, 08:51
Hi everyone!
Firstly thanks for all your contributions, this website has been really helpful throughout the recruitment process!
Wondering if anyone else on here received an offer to begin ground school training on 26/10 for international and Sydney based? If there is congrats! And maybe we could make a little group chat or something?
Thanks 😃

Skiesthedream
31st Aug 2022, 09:30
Have any internals heard anything??

Highflyer1087
31st Aug 2022, 11:31
I have a source who is an instructor in Melbourne, unfortunately there are no upcoming ground schools for the remainder of this year and potentially into the next 6 months of next year, I know this is very disheartening however things change in aviation and I hope this all changes for all of you, please reach out if you want any further information

djw024
31st Aug 2022, 12:50
I have a source who is an instructor in Melbourne, unfortunately there are no upcoming ground schools for the remainder of this year and potentially into the next 6 months of next year, I know this is very disheartening however things change in aviation and I hope this all changes for all of you, please reach out if you want any further information
I have been saying this to the Melbourne based candidates: maybe contact Qantas see if it is a thing to get transferred to Sydney based if you are desperate to fly and start this job, maybe it is possible.

Intellisis
31st Aug 2022, 20:13
I have lost access to the ID Services site. Has this happened to anyone else?

djw024
31st Aug 2022, 21:41
I have lost access to the ID Services site. Has this happened to anyone else?

yes, everyone is the same, it happened ages ago after the maintainance

Intellisis
31st Aug 2022, 21:45
yes, everyone is the same, it happened ages ago after the maintainance

Thank you

Zzxyz
1st Sep 2022, 03:00
Hi everyone!
Firstly thanks for all your contributions, this website has been really helpful throughout the recruitment process!
Wondering if anyone else on here received an offer to begin ground school training on 26/10 for international and Sydney based? If there is congrats! And maybe we could make a little group chat or something?
Thanks 😃

hey congrats! Just wondering which AD you were?

Also has anyone from the Sydney April AD heard anything? I still haven’t heard anything for booking my medicals yet so not too sure how far along I am. Still staying positive if not this year then hopefully next year they have GS

djw024
1st Sep 2022, 05:11
has everyone received an Email from TA, I didnt get anything, worrying.......

Jackal717
1st Sep 2022, 05:17
has everyone received an Email from TA, I didnt get anything, worrying.......
I have. They asked us to provide them how many notice weeks l need but the link is not working.

djw024
1st Sep 2022, 05:19
I have. They asked us to provide them how many notice weeks l need but the link is not working.
yes, aparantly everyone's link is not working, dont take it poersonal... LOL, and yes, MEL based candidates didnt get any Email as well aparantly.....

Jackal717
1st Sep 2022, 05:35
I also got contacted from Bodycare to complete the pre employment yesterday. Looks like things are getting real.

Krisflyer5
1st Sep 2022, 05:45
Hi everyone!
Thanks 😃

26/10 as well ! Sydney based. Congratulations!

djw024
1st Sep 2022, 06:04
I also got contacted from Bodycare to complete the pre employment yesterday. Looks like things are getting real.
when was ur AD may I ask?

Jackal717
1st Sep 2022, 06:27
Late March

Qan22
1st Sep 2022, 09:24
I have access to the link now, but the page looks not quite right? Does anyone know how to put the info in ?

Jackal717
2nd Sep 2022, 09:39
I have access to the link now, but the page looks not quite right? Does anyone know how to put the info in ?
i sent them an email letting them know and they said they are fixing it. Probably just wait for a few days.

Kuikymart
10th Sep 2022, 00:00
Hey guys, did anyone get an email from bodycare yesterday to book in for medical ?

Zzxyz
10th Sep 2022, 00:05
Hey guys, did anyone get an email from bodycare yesterday to book in for medical ?

I got an email this morning and a call shortly after paying :)

Jackal717
10th Sep 2022, 00:25
I also got an email to complete AOD and submit rsa, cpr, 1st aid and water competency. Very difficult to book for aod. Booked last Thursday, still waiting on the text of the place to go 😢

timetoflyrn
10th Sep 2022, 00:59
Hi Everyone,

I got an invitation email for Sydney assessment centre day this week, which is planned on 14th and 15th of September, booked myself in for 15th, anyone else on here attending the AD?

Also to everyone here who already passed the AD and just waiting for GS, congratulations!

DaniQ
10th Sep 2022, 01:11
I did medical and AOD yesterday Sydney base.
and request to submit all certificates.

Kuikymart
10th Sep 2022, 01:23
Oh Cool!!, I’ve got medical and aod booked next week! Fingers crossed this is getting closer and closer to the golden call

DaniQ
10th Sep 2022, 01:31
Great! Some progress! The medical and AOD was done at the physio I went to so all done together.

Intellisis
10th Sep 2022, 01:48
Would you consider the medical to be difficult?

DaniQ
10th Sep 2022, 02:52
It wouldn't be that easy if you didn't do ant fitness at all put it that way. 😊

Intellisis
10th Sep 2022, 03:37
Great response!...Thanks DaniQ

Intellisis
10th Sep 2022, 19:02
Enjoy AD and good luck with your progress.

djw024
11th Sep 2022, 08:02
Hi Everyone,

I got an invitation email for Sydney assessment centre day this week, which is planned on 14th and 15th of September, booked myself in for 15th, anyone else on here attending the AD?

Also to everyone here who already passed the AD and just waiting for GS, congratulations!

Hi, Congrats for making it to the AD, I guess you have waited for a while before this AD invitation hits you in the mail. make sure you groom yourself professional and stay poised. if you have any qiestions regarding to AD, by all means, just leave your questions here and I am sure anyone sees it will reply you. also a hint, it is also a good idea to keep in touch with people from your AD (maybe friend eachother on IG or something), so that it is easier to keep tracking youe progress, as you can see, this is a VERY lOOOOOOOOOng process, stay isolated without any communication can make yourself feel drained very easily.
Also, just a quick question, is this AD is for international cabin crew? and Sydney Based?

timetoflyrn
11th Sep 2022, 15:37
Thank you! I have read all of your posts here and it does seem like it is such a looong process, but you guys are closer to the finish line than the starting line so I'm sure y'all can't wait to start flying.
Thank you for the tips, really appreciate it!
I do have a question, I've attended middle east airlines ADs before and never had a "written comprehension assessment" in my experience.
What does this Written Comprehension Assessment entail? Thank you to anyone who can shed light to this query.

Also, yes, it is for International Cabin Crew based in Sydney (Job Ref R77479).

djw024
12th Sep 2022, 12:05
Thank you! I have read all of your posts here and it does seem like it is such a looong process, but you guys are closer to the finish line than the starting line so I'm sure y'all can't wait to start flying.
I do have a question, I've attended middle east airlines ADs before and never had a "written comprehension assessment" in my experience.
What does this Written Comprehension Assessment entail? Thank you to anyone who can shed light to this query.

So, the written comprehension assessment is an English competency assessment process where you and your group (and maybe other group) sit together in a room, within 10 mins, you will be given a piece of information (I believe it is from the aircraft operation Manual) and answer 4 questions at the end. the question are straight forward and all the answers are in the reading, all you need to do is copy and paste the correct piece of info to answer the question. However, make sure you answer with sentence(s), not just word. 10 mins is PLENTY of time for this task, it is not hard, even for me, which English is my second language.
the reading I was given was about procedures we need to follow when the cabin door is open or "cracked", like it asked me who to notify, what to do if......, and so on, but it is not hard at all.

Zzxyz
12th Sep 2022, 13:54
26/10 as well ! Sydney based. Congratulations!

hey! Was wondering what the timeframe was for you between medicals, sending certs and getting a call back?

does anyone else also have a booked holiday which falls into February 2023, when a gs may potentially happen? Should I send an email to TA advising them or wait until a gs is announced?

djw024
13th Sep 2022, 04:50
hey! Was wondering what the timeframe was for you between medicals, sending certs and getting a call back?

does anyone else also have a booked holiday which falls into February 2023, when a gs may potentially happen? Should I send an email to TA advising them or wait until a gs is announced?
I believe that you will be contacted for a GS dater soon, which is very likely to start late this year, therefore, a holiday in Feb 2022 is not a very feasible idea personally thinking....

Intellisis
13th Sep 2022, 06:38
Oh Cool!!, I’ve got medical and aod booked next week! Fingers crossed this is getting closer and closer to the golden call

Have you had your medical and AOD yet Kuiky?

Zzxyz
13th Sep 2022, 17:02
I believe that you will be contacted for a GS dater soon, which is very likely to start late this year, therefore, a holiday in Feb 2022 is not a very feasible idea personally thinking....

this was booked well end of 2021 before i applied QF and had hopes to start gs this year. Just worried now because of how far things have been pushed back

Kuikymart
14th Sep 2022, 14:46
Have you had your medical and AOD yet Kuiky?

yes medical & aod is all done and documents such as rsa etc have been submitted :)

Intellisis
14th Sep 2022, 18:51
yes medical & aod is all done and documents such as rsa etc have been submitted :)

Same with me. All done this week :)

Jazo
15th Sep 2022, 13:38
Hi guys, I submitted my ID application in mid Aug and still haven’t heard back from them… TA says my application is still with their background checking partner…but it’s been almost a month… how long did it take for you guys to get your ID applications approved? Applied for Sydney based International.
thanks in advance!!

Intellisis
17th Sep 2022, 05:39
Hi guys, I submitted my ID application in mid Aug and still haven’t heard back from them… TA says my application is still with their background checking partner…but it’s been almost a month… how long did it take for you guys to get your ID applications approved? Applied for Sydney based International.
thanks in advance!!

Hi Jazo,
My application only took three days, but I had been in jobs for long periods and only had three addresses in the past 30 years. It can also depend on how busy ASIC and Auscheck are.
I have heard that some people took 6 - 8 weeks to clear, so yours really isn't unusual.

djw024
17th Sep 2022, 07:02
Hi Jazo,
My application only took three days, but I had been in jobs for long periods and only had three addresses in the past 30 years. It can also depend on how busy ASIC and Auscheck are.
I have heard that some people took 6 - 8 weeks to clear, so yours really isn't unusual.

Hi Intellisis, Do you mind if I ask you when was your AD? and which city did you go for your AD?

Intellisis
17th Sep 2022, 07:28
Hi Intellisis, Do you mind if I ask you when was your AD? and which city did you go for your AD?

Mid May in Sydney as Sydney based applicant.

djw024
17th Sep 2022, 07:31
Mid May in Sydney as Sydney based applicant.

WOW Awsome, me and other may 18/19th AD candidate held in Brisbane haven't heard anything yet, hopefully things will progress to us soon.

Also, congrats on getting all the process done and hopefully you will be offered with a GS date very soon.

Intellisis
17th Sep 2022, 09:12
WOW Awsome, me and other may 18/19th AD candidate held in Brisbane haven't heard anything yet, hopefully things will progress to us soon.

Also, congrats on getting all the process done and hopefully you will be offered with a GS date very soon.

Thanks djw...I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

djw024
17th Sep 2022, 12:44

Hey, timetoflyrn,
How did you go with the AD? I hope u passed it!

Jazo
18th Sep 2022, 12:58
Hi Jazo,
I have heard that some people took 6 - 8 weeks to clear, so yours really isn't unusual. Thanks for your reply! I guess (and want to believe) it’s taking time for me because I’ve lived and worked overseas… will have to patiently wait then!!! Thanks for the info!!

Flightysyd
19th Sep 2022, 23:27
Great! Some progress! The medical and AOD was done at the physio I went to so all done together.

can I ask how medical was? Was it hard

Rs2023
21st Sep 2022, 04:09
Hey! Anyone here that was from September AD that have just finished doing their Xref and submitting ASIC/Aus Check?

timetoflyrn
23rd Sep 2022, 03:29
Enjoy AD and good luck with your progress.

Thank you so much for all your help! I couldn't reply to your private message so I just wanted to thank you here!

timetoflyrn
23rd Sep 2022, 03:33
So, the written comprehension assessment is an English competency assessment process where you and your group (and maybe other group) sit together in a room, within 10 mins, you will be given a piece of information (I believe it is from the aircraft operation Manual) and answer 4 questions at the end. the question are straight forward and all the answers are in the reading, all you need to do is copy and paste the correct piece of info to answer the question. However, make sure you answer with sentence(s), not just word. 10 mins is PLENTY of time for this task, it is not hard, even for me, which English is my second language.
the reading I was given was about procedures we need to follow when the cabin door is open or "cracked", like it asked me who to notify, what to do if......, and so on, but it is not hard at all. Thank you so much! I was nervous for the written exam for no reason as it was fairly easy!=)
I have passed the AD, and have completed reference checks and applied for the ASIC ID.
Will probably have to focus on my current job at the moment as I can see from this thread - the waiting time can be quite long.
Thank you again!