View Full Version : Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ana36
22nd May 2018, 18:56
Hi I'm also a nurse and a woman!! Good luck to all
So happy to have a feed back...i thought i am alone ....best of luck

interested123
22nd May 2018, 20:42
Have you tried using a different browser?
I have tried both Chrome and Firefox. The only thing I can think of is that there was some issue with my internet connection or some kind of privacy setting which is blocking it.

mask14
24th May 2018, 06:54
Bull.
Last two classes had over 40% non irish in their make up.
UK, France, Germany, Italy.
Just do your best.

antoniosilvestre
24th May 2018, 11:24
Bull.
Just do your best.

Hello Mask14, I am really curious to know how did you arrive to that 40% number.
I hope is more representative than my estimation :D
Thanks

ana36
24th May 2018, 11:59
Bull.
Just do your best.
So happy to hear that...anyone received any signs from them.?...or might be too early..

kfitz100
24th May 2018, 16:13
Giving priority to Irish candidates was expected, as they would certainly be looking to build a lifetime career at Aer Lingus and would therefore represent a great investment for them. A non Irish candidate could represent a risk for Aer Lingus, as he could be looking to make a move back home one day.
However, I believe the best and most suitable candidates will be selected, even if they’re not Irish.
Good luck everyone.

I think this is a fair assessment. There's no point in giving up before the race has even started, just focus on doing your best and remain positive. Worrying about the company's own selection criteria is of no use, especially when it's something like what nationality you are - you cannot change that. I wish every applicant the very best of luck in this programme! https://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon7.gif

ClipperTheBird
25th May 2018, 05:32
Does anyone know when applicants can expect an indication of how the second assessment went?

Hvy_m
25th May 2018, 10:30
Does anyone actually know how many people get accepted to do the course?

Chilly13
25th May 2018, 11:36
So happy to hear that...anyone received any signs from them.?...or might be too early..

I doubt you'll hear anything for maybe 2 - 3 weeks...perhaps longer. I would imagine the workload is high judging by the volume of applicants. I'm not holding my breath as i feel my interview answers were way below par. All the best to everyone else.

Johnnyjd91
25th May 2018, 12:03
I doubt you'll hear anything for maybe 2 - 3 weeks...perhaps longer. I would imagine the workload is high judging by the volume of applicants. I'm not holding my breath as i feel my interview answers were way below par. All the best to everyone else.

Hi Chilly, did you hear a number of how many applicants there were? Or guessing by the amount of interest on here?

Also the job I am in now (non aviation) used cut-e and as far as I remember the successful ones are all told first and then the unsuccessfuls are told about 2 weeks after because of dropouts etc no one is ruled out completely.

There was however up to about six weeks between stages. I don't know if the same will apply for this campaign?

Movieman162
25th May 2018, 19:00
Hi Chilly, did you hear a number of how many applicants there were? Or guessing by the amount of interest on here?

Also the job I am in now (non aviation) used cut-e and as far as I remember the successful ones are all told first and then the unsuccessfuls are told about 2 weeks after because of dropouts etc no one is ruled out completely.

There was however up to about six weeks between stages. I don't know if the same will apply for this campaign?

Not chilly, but as far as your second point and for everyone else in this thread.

I'd say based on previous years and the way the dates for everything have been set out this year to not expect to hear anything for 3-5 weeks minimum. Last year was just over 3 weeks but had no video interview portion and likely not as many applicants either (deadline wasn't extended due to website crashes afaik). This time frame gives roughly a month between doing the tests and getting invites, then another month to the earliest interview dates.

Doubt there will be any indication as to how everyone did in the second stage either as getting the invite will be based on your performance there as well as the strength of your CV and covering letter. And they wont do the whole invite extra people in case of dropouts due to any re-invited candidates having only a couple of weeks at best to prepare and make travel arrangements for the interview. So everyone should expect results within a couple of days of each other.

Best advice for everyone now is just keep yourselves distracted and have email alerts on this thread so when others pop up saying they have their emails you know its time.

Galliformes
26th May 2018, 05:51
This is it everyone, the waiting game had begun and I wish everybody the best of luck!! If I had to guess, we, or at least the successful ones, should be getting a response by the 10th of June considering how most applicants will need to plan ahead for travel.

If selected for the interview, do you guys know if we are provided with lodging? The way I see it, 10ish days in Dublin might turn out very expensive if called in for the interview

FlyVeryHigh-
26th May 2018, 14:27
The last time it ran we had the assessments and then if successful we then had to do a video interview. Can't really remember the timescales between such but I think it was around two weeks from getting the invite to assesment centre to going to the assesment centre. I did an Airbnb which didn't work out too expensive - hotel is a little more.

I believe last time approx 500 were given the latter video interview, out of those approx 160 were brought to assesment centres. I'd hazard a guess that they'll just cream off the top assesment scores, and from that THEN look at your video interview, only if your assessment scores are high enough in the first instance.

Lawrence2725
26th May 2018, 16:50
This is it everyone, the waiting game had begun and I wish everybody the best of luck!! If I had to guess, we, or at least the successful ones, should be getting a response by the 10th of June considering how most applicants will need to plan ahead for travel.

If selected for the interview, do you guys know if we are provided with lodging? The way I see it, 10ish days in Dublin might turn out very expensive if called in for the interview

Your assessment centre would be 1 day long, not 10.

ana36
27th May 2018, 14:49
Hi all.. does anybody knows how much would cost a 1 Class Medical test ? thank you

JM31
27th May 2018, 17:56
Hi all.. does anybody knows how much would cost a 1 Class Medical test ? thank you

About 400€ or 500€ I think ..

OllieG7
28th May 2018, 10:30

Hello, Heathrow Medical initial is around £550 inc VAT.

FlyVeryHigh-
29th May 2018, 11:57

Aer lingus will fund it if you get to that point

shamrock_f22
29th May 2018, 19:15
Aer lingus will fund it if you get to that point

Oh really? Is that what they've done in the past? That's pretty cool. I was looking as well, thought it might be a pre-requisite for selection

FlyVeryHigh-
29th May 2018, 19:39
Oh really? Is that what they've done in the past? That's pretty cool. I was looking as well, thought it might be a pre-requisite for selection

Yeah they've done that in the past. Nope it's not a prerequisite; it'll be a stage of the recruitment process - likely the final one before an offer being made.

cumbrianboy
29th May 2018, 21:07
Two candidates, one who’s taken the trouble to get a medical and one who can’t be bothered because someone else will pay, who would you recruit ...?

ManUtd1999
29th May 2018, 21:13
Two candidates, one who’s taken the trouble to get a medical and one who can’t be bothered because someone else will pay, who would you recruit ...?
The one who will make a better Aer Lingus pilot.

IIRC candidates had to get a basic eye test before the interview stage last time as an initial check. I'm 99.99% sure having a Class 1 will make no difference to your application.

FlyVeryHigh-
29th May 2018, 21:29

Getting a class 1 med before committing to training a good idea yes, means there will be no surprises should you fail further down the line. However, this is absolutely by no means an entry criteria at this point.

I sat an assessment previously with lads and girls who had PPLs and Class 1s, half of them got sent home half way through the day because their group work wasn't up to scatch.

Obtaining a class 1 at this stage of the recruitment process is probably the least of your worries. Sitting in that final interview, you'll realise that having a class 1 medical will probably not put you above anyone else at that point.

Officer Kite
29th May 2018, 21:46
that is absolutely not how it works, it will come down to your performance at the assessment, there will be tiny differences between the performances of the 2 and that's what will decide.

Leonv108
30th May 2018, 14:49
Saving 500Eu wont really matter for an airline who can make hundreds of thousands a day...

speed_alive_rotate
31st May 2018, 08:11
Aer Lingus have no issue investing money in the right candidate , so a few hundred Euro is of no significance to them in the greater scheme. I would suggest however if your own personal finances allow to go and get a Class 1 Medical. There has been countless people who have had their commercial pilot dream ended before it started as they had an underlying condition that made it impossible to get a class 1. Before I began my training I got a Class 1 , was definitely worth the peace of mind going forward. The airline will be paying for your future Class 1 until the day you retire.
Best of luck to everybody going forward. It is a great Company to work for.

lagraf05
31st May 2018, 11:21
Aer Lingus have no issue investing money in the right candidate , so a few hundred Euro is of no significance to them in the greater scheme. I would suggest however if your own personal finances allow to go and get a Class 1 Medical. There has been countless people who have had their commercial pilot dream ended before it started as they had an underlying condition that made it impossible to get a class 1. Before I began my training I got a Class 1 , was definitely worth the peace of mind going forward. The airline will be paying for your future Class 1 until the day you retire.
Best of luck to everybody going forward. It is a great Company to work for.

Great insight, thanks a lot!

Gathering nobody has heard anything as of yet?

bastien98
31st May 2018, 13:46

Nothing yet :/

Leonv108
31st May 2018, 20:30

None yet, I would assume another 10 days before we start hearing anything from them. till then keep yourselves busy

ana36
1st Jun 2018, 01:23
None yet, I would assume another 10 days before we start hearing anything from them. till then keep yourselves busy
Every day seems a lifetime now....but yes ...keeping ourselves busy is the only way to cope....

ana36
1st Jun 2018, 01:28
Hi all....the online assessment offered at the beginning the possibility of choosing the language ....did any of the applicants from other countries have chosen their own language or you did the test in English?thanks

Leonv108
1st Jun 2018, 09:04
Hi all....the online assessment offered at the beginning the possibility of choosing the language ....did any of the applicants from other countries have chosen their own language or you did the test in English?thanks
I did mine in English although it shouldn't matter which language it was done as long as you did well in the tests.

ana36
1st Jun 2018, 13:12
I did mine in English although it shouldn't matter which language it was done as long as you did well in the tests.
Thank you Leonv108...i did mine in English too, even if i am romanian . I just found it strange to do it in romanian language considering Ireland is an English language country.....found it more challenging and more fun.
Just wanted to say that even if i don't know any of you guys of this forum i feel you very close....i feel we are in the same boat ....i can see you checking the mail many times per hour ,checking this forum ,running in your heads the assessment to see i you could do better ,hoping this is the right time...at leats this is what i do :) ..correct me if i'm wrong please...i say that if its meant to be , will be.....if it is not now will be one day as life in general is about getting up every time you fall...if its now even better .....some of you are not at the first trial and all my respect for not giving up.....before we all fligh high we must be with our feet on the ground ,realistic as this is an extremely hard competition ...on the other hand never stop dreaming, following our dream and never stop hoping ....good luck ...

Leonv108
1st Jun 2018, 17:08
Thank you Leonv108...i did mine in English too, even if i am romanian . I just found it strange to do it in romanian language considering Ireland is an English language country.....found it more challenging and more fun.
Just wanted to say that even if i don't know any of you guys of this forum i feel you very close....i feel we are in the same boat ....i can see you checking the mail many times per hour ,checking this forum ,running in your heads the assessment to see i you could do better ,hoping this is the right time...at leats this is what i do :) ..correct me if i'm wrong please...i say that if its meant to be , will be.....if it is not now will be one day as life in general is about getting up every time you fall...if its now even better .....some of you are not at the first trial and all my respect for not giving up.....before we all fligh high we must be with our feet on the ground ,realistic as this is an extremely hard competition ...on the other hand never stop dreaming, following our dream and never stop hoping ....good luck ...
Yeah thats the idea and spirit man. Just keep pushing for ever opportunity out there. Hopefully all goes well. Good luck to you too and for everyone over here

ana36
1st Jun 2018, 19:02
[QUOTE=Leonv108;10162610]Yeah thats the idea and spirit man. Just keep pushing for ever opportunity out there. Hopefully all goes well. Good luck to you too and for everyone over here[/QUO
I am glad you feel the same Leonv108...i think this forum is to support each other in a way and reduce stress...wanna laugh a bit..?......i did and it felt really good.....you said thats the ideea MAN ....point is that i am a woman ..hihihi....you were funny .....best of luck :)

ana36
3rd Jun 2018, 23:50
Have you all left the forum?....anybody?.....

Leonv108
4th Jun 2018, 00:37
all here just going about lives

ana36
4th Jun 2018, 01:35
Ah that's good...me too on night shift pretending i forgot about AL....

Slow Progress
4th Jun 2018, 09:53
I am still checking forum and email everyday. Can’t be helped!!!

ana36
4th Jun 2018, 10:22
You and the rest of approx. 3000...wonder if there are more than 3000 applicants like in previous years....

Galliformes
4th Jun 2018, 10:29
Do any of you have any idea how many applicants get shortlisted and invited for a face to face interview?

Leonv108
4th Jun 2018, 11:58
cannot help but laugh at the accuracy of this. hang on. perhaps we can get some feedback a week from now.

ana36
4th Jun 2018, 16:31
Since 22nd ,when was the last extension,have passed 13 days....apparently we won't hear anything sooner than 3 weeks....will they start with the "thanks but no thanks " emails first?

Leonv108
4th Jun 2018, 21:26
Since 22nd ,when was the last extension,have passed 13 days....apparently we won't hear anything sooner than 3 weeks....will they start with the "thanks but no thanks " emails first?
yeah perhaps another week to go. Im not sure what goes we'll just have to see haha

shamrock_f22
6th Jun 2018, 09:34
Not sure what's worse - the waiting or the emails i get from AL which turn out to be adverts! Momentary excitement which rapidly fades away haha.

ana36
6th Jun 2018, 12:20
Not sure what's worse - the waiting or the emails i get from AL which turn out to be adverts! Momentary excitement which rapidly fades away haha.
That is really cruel ....to see those adverts form them ....isn't that if you are rejected you receive email and accepted you receive a phone call? or it's email for both cases?.....

aravindsasi
6th Jun 2018, 12:29
I mailed them, they said it will take a couple of more weeks...

shamrock_f22
6th Jun 2018, 13:29

Thanks for updating us :)

ana36
6th Jun 2018, 13:44
My oh my...that seems a long time....

ana36
6th Jun 2018, 22:19
Thank you for the new info....now all we have to do is wait....which probably is harder than the assessment itself......i am thinking is either they have not so many staff dealing with checking the results or the number of applicants is beyond our imagination....ah ...all these speculations will drive me nuts.....need to chill......are you guys ok?....

shamrock_f22
7th Jun 2018, 15:29
Did anyone succeed? This is a great program!

We are all waiting to hear back from AL

VitorWinterink
7th Jun 2018, 18:00
hi there,

does Anyone uses WhatsApp? What about to create a group to discuss and share opinions about the program? If somebody create please add my number. +13058480467

good lucky for all.

Leonv108
7th Jun 2018, 20:02
Did anyone succeed? This is a great program!
it is great! not a lot of airlines fully fund randoms nowadays. Unfortunately only a handful will go through. Hopefully im one of those hahah :)

ana36
7th Jun 2018, 21:55
it is great! not a lot of airlines fully fund randoms nowadays. Unfortunately only a handful will go through. Hopefully im one of those hahah :)
Yep..it's defo a jackpot....and yes...we all can hope for the best....

Eraclito
8th Jun 2018, 10:39
Hello all,

hope you are doing absolutely fantastic ! :) I am new here and decided to join this international group! When I studied in my country, for the scholarship, i had to compete only with my regional fellows, but THIS is another level! I see there are applicants all over Europe and oversees, it is amazing! :)

I have found the below article, a bit old but might be "gold" ...if you go on the irish indipendent ans search for "come fly with me" the new generation of pilots" . The article gives us an hint of the age range and nationalities , however, being a bit old I think things may have change indeed....

Inmric
9th Jun 2018, 12:00
Hello!

Do you all have at the application status the "invite to preselection online test" yet, isn't it? I am restless updating my bloody email every day! :rolleyes: hope the answer turns up soon!

Good luck to everyone!

ana36
9th Jun 2018, 12:24
Hello!

Do you all have at the application status the "invite to preselection online test" yet, isn't it? I am restless updating my bloody email every day! :rolleyes: hope the answer turns up soon!

Good luck to everyone!
Hi Inmric..please illuminate me..how do i check application status? thank you..

Officer Kite
9th Jun 2018, 14:26

Not to be a grammar nazi but i think you mean 'enlighten'!

ana36
9th Jun 2018, 14:43
Not to be a grammar nazi but i think you mean 'enlighten'!
hahah..yeah that.....thanks for your observation...between English Romanian Italian Spanish and French i tend to get a bit confused. :).......any answers to the main question? would really appreciate....thanks ...still apparently it can be used as transitive verb and could mean to enlighten spiritually or intellectually,to make clear ....(u made me curious and had to check hihih)....:)

aravindsasi
9th Jun 2018, 16:14

You can login to there online portal and check the status
https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/pages/sign_in.jsf

Eraclito
9th Jun 2018, 16:22
Hello Inmric,

affermative, just checked it and I have also the same status. I am also waiting for that email to see if my performance was outstanding, good or just try again next time... :) Jokes apart, for the various tests was only a matter of practice (the more the better, I was using pilotaptitudetest and I have found it partly helpful). For the personality test, there was little/nothing you could do to prepare in advance.. and in any case, if you were not being completely honest, they will find out (in the test or in the next interview if you are lucky enough)...

good luck to you too!

ana36
9th Jun 2018, 16:30
You can login to there online portal and check the status
https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/pages/sign_in.jsf
Thank you very much; i have the same :
" Your application for this vacancy was sent on 28/04/2018 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test". Probably we all have the same .

aravindsasi
9th Jun 2018, 16:39
Thank you very much; i have the same :
" Your application for this vacancy was sent on 28/04/2018 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test". Probably we all have the same .
yes me too

ana36
9th Jun 2018, 20:38
yes me too
I arrived to a conclusion...we must chill..when it comes..it comes...whatever will be will be....thats it...going out tonight...time for some quality music....thinking about the future i forget to enjoy the present....keep in touch...all the best....

Inmric
10th Jun 2018, 14:23
Thank you all! ;) Let's enjoy the waiting, then...

LBAflyer22
11th Jun 2018, 17:35
I was talking with my friend about this scheme and showed her the website.

She had a look about on the web pages and found that it mentions somewhere interviews would be held between 16th July and 27th July.

Good luck everyone.

skoot
11th Jun 2018, 20:41
I was talking with my friend about this scheme and showed her the website.

She had a look about on the web pages and found that it mentions somewhere interviews would be held between 16th July and 27th July.

Good luck everyone.
It’s on the FAQ page of the application website!! 🤣

silversurfer79
14th Jun 2018, 19:35
Hi guys....just wondering if anyone has heard yet? Or if anyone knows when they expect to hear back about getting through to the next phase?

My last video wouldn't upload. Emailed Aer Lingus to ask and they replied that I would have to wait for my results!

Thanks in advance :)

Doha24
14th Jun 2018, 20:45
Impatiently waiting I’m afraid. No word yet but we expected a long wait after that phase. They’ll be going though the assessments with fine tooth combs before invitations to the next stage are issued. Hold tight!

Deckie
14th Jun 2018, 21:28
Still waiting patiently (ish) for any feedback on the online assessment and video interview.
If I get invited, I’ll have to fly home from Japan just for the interview haha.
Most expensive interview ever.

Leonv108
14th Jun 2018, 23:31
Hi guys....just wondering if anyone has heard yet? Or if anyone knows when they expect to hear back about getting through to the next phase?

My last video wouldn't upload. Emailed Aer Lingus to ask and they replied that I would have to wait for my results!

Maybe next week considering the interviews will be held next month. So far, nothing heard yet.

ana36
15th Jun 2018, 06:41

no...nothing yet ....we just keep checking our emails and junk emails too..just in case...i guess it's better no email than a "thanks,but no thanks one" haha.....did they tell you how long the waiting will be ? until now ,since the last extension given on 22 nd....have passes approx 24 days....that's over 3 weeks......

Leonv108
15th Jun 2018, 23:38
Getting really twitchy as each day goes :ugh: hopefully we hear back from them soon

Pont1
16th Jun 2018, 08:56
I actually heard from them this week, there were some problems with my video so I had to retake them. I gues it means that they are going through the videos right now :)

Magpie32
16th Jun 2018, 15:02
I actually heard from them this week, there were some problems with my video so I had to retake them. I gues it means that they are going through the videos right now :)
Does that mean you were given a second opportunity to answer the same questions?
I bet your responses second time round were much better and more composed;)

aravindsasi
17th Jun 2018, 07:16
Guys any idea how many cadets they are planning to take this time?

aravindsasi
17th Jun 2018, 10:57
So most probably you have cleared the aptitude section... Congradzz!!!

Tango_Hector
17th Jun 2018, 13:17
They are planning to take 18 cadets this time (source : aer lingus cadet)

kfitz100
17th Jun 2018, 17:26
Still waiting patiently (ish) for any feedback on the online assessment and video interview.
If I get invited, I’ll have to fly home from Japan just for the interview haha.
Most expensive interview ever.

I’m in the same boat! Would have to return from Canada. An off-chance of course

737ng_x
17th Jun 2018, 20:57

Wow... the competition promises to be hard !

Leonv108
17th Jun 2018, 22:46
Just curious what the status in the aer lingus careers page you guys have? mine states "invite to preselection online test"

737ng_x
18th Jun 2018, 08:49
Just curious what the status in the aer lingus careers page you guys have? mine states "invite to preselection online test"

Same thing for me...

We should have some news very soon..what do you think?

shamrock_f22
18th Jun 2018, 11:32
Perhaps reading too much into it but after asking for an update was told my app is still being processed and will hear from them in the coming weeks

Seems like I've not got through if this week was when they told others they'd be getting back to them

Devastated if that's the case but hope it goes well for everyone else! :)

Tango_Hector
18th Jun 2018, 11:58
I bet we will hear back from them this week, fingers crossed guys !

MorningPilot
18th Jun 2018, 15:02
Perhaps reading too much into it

Calm down guys :). Looking at last year's thread, they will let everyone know the outcome. You will be sent an email when they've decided about your application.

ana36
18th Jun 2018, 16:41
Perhaps reading too much into it but after asking for an update was told my app is still being processed and will hear from them in the coming weeks

Seems like I've not got through if this week was when they told others they'd be getting back to them

Devastated if that's the case but hope it goes well for everyone else! :)
i would say don't torture yourself until you receive the email.....i arrived to 27 days with my counting....that is a lot.....almost 4 weeks.....if i recall well was between 3-5 weeks .. so shouldn't be so long the waiting from now on.....hope so....got this feeling will start this week the emails ...think it's about time....

ana36
18th Jun 2018, 16:43
Calm down guys :). Looking at last year's thread, they will let everyone know the outcome. You will be sent an email when they've decided about your application.
Hi ...do you know if we receive emails in both cases ...either we get accepted or not...thanks :)

MorningPilot
18th Jun 2018, 16:50
Hi ...do you know if we receive emails in both cases ...either we get accepted or not...thanks :)

yes, that's what i said

shamrock_f22
18th Jun 2018, 17:25
Ah thanks everyone, appreciate the support!

737ng_x
18th Jun 2018, 17:37
Does anyone have any idea on how much they were last year after the video "step" ?

Thanks !

FlyVeryHigh-
18th Jun 2018, 17:41
From what I recall circa 500 were given the video interview stage last time. Aer lingus will be in touch when they're ready and even when they start contacting candidates to progress to the next stage, this could take a few days to over a week which is what happened last time, you have to keep in mind there's a lot of candidates here and it takes time, you've done all you can and you will know either way.

Eraclito
18th Jun 2018, 18:00

Well done Pont1! , it sounds like you have passed the assessment , otherwise they would not bother ! Congrats and fingers crossed! :)

Eraclito
18th Jun 2018, 18:07
i would say don't torture yourself until you receive the email.....i arrived to 27 days with my counting....that is a lot.....almost 4 weeks.....if i recall well was between 3-5 weeks .. so shouldn't be so long the waiting from now on.....hope so....got this feeling will start this week the emails ...think it's about time....

Hello Ana36! actually it is not a lot if you think of the number of candidates! lets say there are 3000 applications, in 30 days equals 100 applications per day (even if 1/2 were rejected because didnt pass the assessment, that would equal 50 appl. to be analysed per day.... not to mention the pressure and they responsability they got this time, so i think it is fair enough to wait...

Eraclito
18th Jun 2018, 18:09
From what I recall circa 500 were given the video interview stage last time. Aer lingus will be in touch when they're ready and even when they start contacting candidates to progress to the next stage, this could take a few days to over a week which is what happened last time, you have to keep in mind there's a lot of candidates here and it takes time, you've done all you can and you will know either way.

thanks for the info FlyVeryHigh!

aria230
18th Jun 2018, 20:20

Just to clarify, 500 people were given the assessment and video interview stage or 500 people passed the assessment and video interview stage? Did they cut 2500 people before they even took the tests? I've not heard from anyone that they were not sent the assessments.

FlyVeryHigh-
18th Jun 2018, 23:55
Last time it was split into 2 sections (section 1 aptitude tests, section 2 (if successful at those) video interview). 500ish were given video interviews. From that I believe around 150-200 were invited to assessment centre.

I'd expect similar numbers to assesment centre this time.

Good luck.

ana36
19th Jun 2018, 04:12
Hello Ana36! actually it is not a lot if you think of the number of candidates! lets say there are 3000 applications, in 30 days equals 100 applications per day (even if 1/2 were rejected because didnt pass the assessment, that would equal 50 appl. to be analysed per day.... not to mention the pressure and they responsability they got this time, so i think it is fair enough to wait...
Well if you put it this way ...you are right..not an easy task for them...it's just this waiting that's killing our patience and makes it hard on everyone...but we'll get there. ...

Alex13
19th Jun 2018, 07:34
Last time it was split into 2 sections (section 1 aptitude tests, section 2 (if successful at those) video interview). 500ish were given video interviews. From that I believe around 150-200 were invited to assessment centre.

I'd expect similar numbers to assesment centre this time.

Good luck.

500 people were selected from the aptitude tests (so they watched 500 video interviews).

240 people will be selected from the video interviews and invited to the assessment centre.

Good luck to everyone! :)

ManUtd1999
19th Jun 2018, 17:34
Interesting - in previous years they've taken 10-12 so that's a bit of an increase. That might be a bit too many for a single course aswell, maybe they're planning on running 2?

shamrock_f22
19th Jun 2018, 19:52
Argh another email from AL today which turned out to be an advert haha. Its too much!

Leonv108
19th Jun 2018, 20:10
Argh another email from AL today which turned out to be an advert haha. Its too much!
hahaha im glad i dont get those emails. wouldve been heart attacks every time i see one in my inbox

ana36
19th Jun 2018, 20:31
hahaha im glad i dont get those emails. wouldve been heart attacks every time i see one in my inbox
hahahah...true Leonv108......and no nurse around to resuscitate....hahaha

Pepe201603
20th Jun 2018, 07:55
500 people were selected from the aptitude tests (so they watched 500 video interviews).

240 people will be selected from the video interviews and invited to the assessment centre.

Hey Alex13 how do you know that? Any idea when are they going to say something ?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Good luck guys !!!

Pepe201603
20th Jun 2018, 10:42

Is that true ???From where did you get that info ?

737ng_x
20th Jun 2018, 11:10

Hey,

You're talking about last year or the current selection?

Thanks

Alex13
20th Jun 2018, 12:17
Hey,

You're talking about last year or the current selection?

Thanks

I'm talking about current selection. Two years ago, the aptitude tests and video interview were two separate stages of the recruitment process but number of people selected for each stage were quite similar if I recall correctly.

aravindsasi
20th Jun 2018, 20:47
I'm talking about current selection. Two years ago, the aptitude tests and video interview were two separate stages of the recruitment process but number of people selected for each stage were quite similar if I recall correctly.
Any idea when they will announce the results?

Alex13
20th Jun 2018, 21:33
Hey Alex13 how do you know that? Any idea when are they going to say something ?
Thanks in advance!!!!
Good luck guys !!!
Is that true ???From where did you get that info ?

I asked. It sounds right anyways as it would be quite similar to the number of people selected for each stage of the recruitment process two years ago.
I have no idea though when they will announce the results.. I thought this week but haven’t heard anything either. Still have two weekdays left.. Fingers crossed.

Tango_Hector
21st Jun 2018, 08:36
I was expecting to receive something this week but I guess we got to wait one more week... Did you see the following sentence in their Pilot Programme page ?

Candidates may also be asked to retake the online assessments during the assessment centre

Do you have any idea of what does that mean exactly ?

aravindsasi
21st Jun 2018, 09:56
I was expecting to receive something this week but I guess we got to wait one more week... Did you see the following sentence in their Pilot Programme page ?

Candidates may also be asked to retake the online assessments during the assessment centre

Do you have any idea of what does that mean exactly ?
They ask the candidate to retake in case they feel that the candidate has done some cheating while taking the assessments at home...

Leonv108
21st Jun 2018, 19:12

really really soon

Officer Kite
21st Jun 2018, 19:26
They ask the candidate to retake in case they feel that the candidate has done some cheating while taking the assessments at home...

Not sure how true this is. 2 years ago it said the same and absolutely no one was asked to retake them. I feel it's there as a deterrent to cheat. However, this year they may pull a surprise and ask everyone to redo them ... who knows. Moral of the story is make sure you did them!

FLY263
22nd Jun 2018, 01:57
I emailed them yesterday & got this response today:

"We hope to provide updates for applicants in the coming weeks. We have had a huge volume of applications for this role and this is why there has been a long delay in providing updates."

Looks like it definitely isn't this week that we will hear but maybe not even next week?

shamrock_f22
22nd Jun 2018, 04:39
Best case scenario they do start inviting people to interview in the next week or so, given the timescales on the website I'd say the cost of flights to Dublin will have gone up quite a lot :/

I wonder if they'll take that into account

aria230
22nd Jun 2018, 07:31
Best case scenario they do start inviting people to interview in the next week or so, given the timescales on the website I'd say the cost of flights to Dublin will have gone up quite a lot :/

I wonder if they'll take that into account

I see your point but even the most expensive flights to Dublin are a drop in the ocean compared to funding your own training and being out of work while you find a job at the end of it. Every cloud!

Slow Progress
22nd Jun 2018, 08:01
Has everyone got their police check in their possesion? I still need to get mine. I was hoping we would have sufficient notice before interview but we are rapidly running out of time.

737ng_x
22nd Jun 2018, 08:07
I emailed them yesterday & got this response today:

"We hope to provide updates for applicants in the coming weeks. We have had a huge volume of applications for this role and this is why there has been a long delay in providing updates."

Looks like it definitely isn't this week that we will hear but maybe not even next week?

Wow... hope it's a copy paste of and old answer to a similar e-mail !

GTTDI GOD
22nd Jun 2018, 10:23
Has everyone got their police check in their possesion? I still need to get mine. I was hoping we would have sufficient notice before interview but we are rapidly running out of time.

We don’t get the police checks ourselves, they apply fornthat when the time comes for it.

Officer Kite
22nd Jun 2018, 21:41
We don’t get the police checks ourselves, they apply fornthat when the time comes for it.
due to data protection laws you apply for the police check yourself, it's not Aer Lingus' job to get that

aravindsasi
23rd Jun 2018, 05:50
due to data protection laws you apply for the police check yourself, it's not Aer Lingus' job to get that
So we need to get the police check done before the interview?

Leonv108
23rd Jun 2018, 10:42
So we need to get the police check done before the interview?
After you get accepted by them yeah.

button push ignored
23rd Jun 2018, 21:04
Aer Lingus future pilot!
Bit of an oxymoron isn’t it?
Is there any future for Aer Lingus?
Sounds like a throw back to a bygone era to me.
What will it look like once the two leprechauns Walsh/O’Leary have carved it up.
And SAS have planted their flag.
Oh well, if it all goes belly up.
At least someone else has footed the bill for your training.

JetSetter77
24th Jun 2018, 16:09
Wishing the best of luck to all those who have applied..!

An opportunity to earn an ATP License with employment is unique and valuable.

I currently hold my FAA Private Pilot License here in the US, and am working on my Instrument Rating. As I'm sure all of you here know, flight training is not an inexpensive endeavor - and one that requires your full attention. There are a number of schools here that offer Airline Fast Track Programs, but none that compare to this opportinuty. Those selected for this program will receive training that few can afford on their own.

Again - the best of luck to all..!

Maxfli
24th Jun 2018, 18:12
Aer Lingus future pilot!
What will it look like once the two leprechauns Walsh/O’Leary have carved it up.

As a British Passport holder living in Ireland for 20+ years you may not be aware of the following.....

EI is the leading performer within IAG @ 26%ROIC.
Highest paid A320 Pilots in Europe (at top scale / 26 years).
Fixed Pattern roster.
8 weeks annual leave, 51 calendar days as a starter.
Final salary Pension.
Both ill-health & Death in service benefits in place.
Currently, 2 years to long haul if you wish.
The only airline paying 100% of pilot training costs + accommodation + allowances during training.
Best of luck to all applicants.

Maybe it is a bygone era but I certainly hope it lasts for a while more......

Tango_Hector
25th Jun 2018, 07:20
The only airline paying 100% of pilot training costs + accommodation + allowances during training.

Almost true : Air France has launched a similar program (fully paid by the airline)

Leonv108
25th Jun 2018, 07:24
Almost true : Air France has launched a similar program (fully paid by the airline)

Yeah but unfortunately theres the language requirement that stops others from applying.

shamrock_f22
25th Jun 2018, 07:25
Aer Lingus future pilot!

"once the two leprechauns" with an attitude like that, seems like the only throwback to a bygone era is you.

​​​​​​

ana36
25th Jun 2018, 08:16
Aer Lingus future pilot!

...no offence ..but are you sure you are on the right forum pal ?

Officer Kite
25th Jun 2018, 09:43
Aer Lingus future pilot!

button push you're usually spot on with your posts ... this one however is wide of the mark by quite some margin

aravindsasi
25th Jun 2018, 14:59
Guys any news?

bastien98
25th Jun 2018, 15:08
Guys any news?
Nothing yet, still waiting

ana36
25th Jun 2018, 16:06

I currently hold my FAA Private Pilot License here in the US, and am working on my Instrument Rating. As I'm sure all of you here know, flight training is not an inexpensive endeavor - and one that requires your full attention. There are a number of schools here that offer Airline Fast Track Programs, but none that compare to this opportinuty. Those selected for this program will receive training that few can afford on their own.

Thank you JetSetter77....yes indeed this is a lifetime opportunity....i guess u are living your dream now...good for you...we all hope to say the same one day...all the best :)

Eraclito
25th Jun 2018, 17:18

Well done JetSetter77! The PPL is already a great milestone and should be given proper consideration in the selection process. Congrats to you for that.

I have recently completed my solo, probably so far my most satisfying achievement! :) I wonder how many applicants have started already their training and I am very curious if recruiters are going to take this into account. I was looking at previous edition and I have seen that were mainly very young students (I was told that some of them gave up half they way through, cannot confirm however, may only be rumors....

I agree with you for the costs.... I was looking at schools there in California and flying is a lot cheaper over there (US in general) when compared to European prices, the advantage to stay here is that you can take your time, work and fund the training... pros and cons on both sides...

Best of luck to you too ! :)

Dawnmcallister123
26th Jun 2018, 09:45
Well done JetSetter77! The PPL is already a great milestone and should be given proper consideration in the selection process. Congrats to you for that.

I have recently completed my solo, probably so far my most satisfying achievement! :) I wonder how many applicants have started already their training and I am very curious if recruiters are going to take this into account. I was looking at previous edition and I have seen that were mainly very young students (I was told that some of them gave up half they way through, cannot confirm however, may only be rumors....

I agree with you for the costs.... I was looking at schools there in California and flying is a lot cheaper over there (US in general) when compared to European prices, the advantage to stay here is that you can take your time, work and fund the training... pros and cons on both sides...

Best of luck to you too ! :)
I’m the same as you, I've just completed my first solo and had my second on Friday! I was thinking the same thing... will they take this into account?? Maybe not if they don’t look at CV’s until further along the line ☹️

marcusreys
26th Jun 2018, 13:25
I have a CPL single engine IFR license issued in Brazil.
Not sure if that will be taken in consideration at all but I would be happy to start all over again if necessary, this is a fantastic opportunity and definitely worth doing it all over again!
Good luck to everybody!!

Eraclito
26th Jun 2018, 17:18
I’m the same as you, I've just completed my first solo and had my second on Friday! I was thinking the same thing... will they take this into account?? Maybe not if they don’t look at CV’s until further along the line ☹️

Well done Dawnmcallister123! I am pretty sure they will, that is why is taking so long... Ceteris Paribus, it will give you a competitive edge in respect to a pure dreamer... again, well done and best of luck! :)

Eraclito
26th Jun 2018, 17:37
I have a CPL single engine IFR license issued in Brazil.
Not sure if that will be taken in consideration at all but I would be happy to start all over again if necessary, this is a fantastic opportunity and definitely worth doing it all over again!
Good luck to everybody!!

Hi marcusreys! well done for your license... for sure it helps as you represents a less risky investment when compared with someone with zero experience, however i think there are going to consider other parameters such as age, education, CV and more... :) Good luck to you!

Cyrusbryce
26th Jun 2018, 22:43
Hi all,

I've been stopping by here from time to time and hearing everything yous have all had to say and it's enlightening to have such a helpfull group of passionate and like-minded people sharing information and experience. I'm just turned 24 ( too young? ) And I'm a software developer from the North of Ireland and relatively new to the scene to be honest, apart from jumping out of planes (Got my aff licence). We all have to start some time right? The help you have all provided has helped alot in understanding the magnitude of what's on offer here and I'm glad I took the time to even attempt to prepare for the possibility of a transition into the world of aviation. I'm hoping inexperience (no experience) at the controls of an aircraft won't leave me far behind the competition!

Good luck to you all and hopefully I get the chance to meet the lucky few of you! Over and out!

ClipperTheBird
27th Jun 2018, 12:47
I emailed today to ask when we can expect results and they quickly replied with the same response as before.

As said before, thanks to everyone frequenting this forum for all the support and updates, wishing the best for you all.

Kuyashi
27th Jun 2018, 13:19
Hi all,

FYI, some applicants are receiving calls for the next round.

FlyVeryHigh-
27th Jun 2018, 13:36
Phone calls are out. Good luck all. Still waiting on mine!

shamrock_f22
27th Jun 2018, 13:46

Really?! How do you know? Good calls or not so good?

Kuyashi
27th Jun 2018, 13:49
Good calls, most likely PFO's will be sent via email.
Check "Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018" on boards dot ie

Conor640
27th Jun 2018, 13:58
Apparently good calls going out today!

Craig91
27th Jun 2018, 14:06

Had my phone call this morning. Through to the interviews next month!

Kizzymonster
27th Jun 2018, 14:18
One poster on Boards.ie has said that he received a call.
Next stage interviews are week if 26th July.

FlyVeryHigh-
27th Jun 2018, 14:25

Colleague applied also and was there when the call came through. Good news!

Joshua.Jones
27th Jun 2018, 14:38
I missed a call from a 07 number today? Will that be Aer Lingus? I tried to call back but it wouldn't allow me to.

Good luck everyone!

shamrock_f22
27th Jun 2018, 14:41

That's brilliant news for them, pass on my congrats! Now to continue to have an unhealthy obsession with my phone, network signal and live in eternal hope!

K13
27th Jun 2018, 14:53

Do we have any idea of how many phone calls they'll be making? Trying to gauge how long to hold out hope before the "Thanks but no thanks" emails start flying!

Karimoui
27th Jun 2018, 14:56
Just received the phone call and it was good news! I will be there on 18th of July. Good luck everyone!

737ng_x
27th Jun 2018, 15:15
Same for me, obsession with my phone !!

FlyVeryHigh-
27th Jun 2018, 15:29
Same here, can't set my phone down. Work has been a write off all afternoon!

ana36
27th Jun 2018, 16:04
Hi guys...so whoever receives a phone call is lucky to have good news and whoever receives an email gets the big NO ??? this is how it works ?...thanks...

Magpie32
27th Jun 2018, 16:08
Hi guys...so whoever receives a phone call is lucky to have good news and whoever receives an email gets the big NO ??? this is how it works ?...thanks...
I think you’ll be right. I’m assuming they aren’t going to phone thousands of unsuccessful applicants to say “sorry”. That would take ages.

Kizzymonster
27th Jun 2018, 16:31
To anyone who got the call: Has your online application status changed?

Cyrusbryce
27th Jun 2018, 16:33
If this was the case would it be safe to assume that the emails would all be received at roughly the same time as part of an automated reply sort of thing? And the calls would be carried out periodically over the next few days? Hate to ask but has anyone unfortunatly received an email?

Leonv108
27th Jun 2018, 17:12
thats how it went last time the programme ran. The phone calls came first then the emails after the phone calls were done-ish

Tango_Hector
27th Jun 2018, 17:27
They are talking about psychometrics assessment (in addition to group exercises & individual interview). Does anyone know what does that mean ? What kind of assessment should we expect ?

bastien98
27th Jun 2018, 17:33
So I think who didn’t get a phone call today will get an email tomorrow?

Leonv108
27th Jun 2018, 18:40
So I think who didn’t get a phone call today will get an email tomorrow?
nah theyll be inviting aprx 200+ people. they cant phone everyone in a day so the call sessions will take about a week i think

Kizzymonster
27th Jun 2018, 18:44
Last time it took three working days for them to contact the successful applicants.
On the fourth day everyone else received an email.

Pepe201603
27th Jun 2018, 18:51
Congratulations to all the guys who receive the phone call today, and for those ones who are still waiting, best of luck !!!

cpt3p
27th Jun 2018, 20:22
I also got a missed call from a 074 number with location of United Kingdom. Could that be Aer Lingus or not? I'm really worried if I missed the opportunity because of a missed call.
I did read on another years forum that if you miss the call they will contact you again but I am not sure.

ShaneEire90
27th Jun 2018, 21:20
Haven't heard anything just yet. Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone!

flybynightya
28th Jun 2018, 00:27
To anyone who got the call: Has your online application status changed?

I can confirm that I received a call today and that my status on the Aer Lingus site still says "Invite to pre selection online test" 12 hours later.

aria230
28th Jun 2018, 01:23
Best of luck everyone! Those who are successful have definitely earned it.

flybynightya
28th Jun 2018, 04:37
I also got a missed call from a 074 number with location of United Kingdom. Could that be Aer Lingus or not? I'm really worried if I missed the opportunity because of a missed call.
I did read on another years forum that if you miss the call they will contact you again but I am not sure.

My caller ID said Dublin and showed an Ireland number. I missed the call, and the representative left a message for me to call back. Don't worry about it.

cpt3p
28th Jun 2018, 05:06
My caller ID said Dublin and showed an Ireland number. I missed the call, and the representative left a message for me to call back. Don't worry about it.

Thanks for the information and congrats on getting through to the next stage!
Definitely not them then...

Good Luck to everyone still waiting!

shamrock_f22
28th Jun 2018, 05:40
Don't know whats worse, having got this far to now wait for the call or know that time is ticking and it could be one step closer to bad news haha. Its such a tease!

Salopsparky
28th Jun 2018, 08:09
I received a call yesterday while I was out running from a UK mobile number. My phone was in the key/ass pocket of my running shorts. I answered on my watch, but it defaulted to the handset instead of my headphones (ruddy apple devices). The call ended after about 10 secs. I fear this may have cost me dearly if it was Aer Lingus. Do they leave a voicemail if you don't answer? We have to keep our phones off while driving trains.

Danfromaus
28th Jun 2018, 08:12
Has anyone outside of the UK/Europe received a call? Do they even make those kinds of international calls
Wondering if they'd call Australia or only email

ana36
28th Jun 2018, 10:14
best call i had today when i was trying to sleep after a long night shift ..... was a job agency offering me a job ..which i don't need at the moment ...as i have one.....and there's me doing my best to seem awake. on the phone...thinking that the mystery number could be the lucky one from Ireland....what a really bad joke guys....

Galliformes
28th Jun 2018, 11:03
Oh dear.. just a minute ago I was so hoping to receive an email from EL. Now I'm crossing my fingers for no email because that spells out bad news!!

shamrock_f22
28th Jun 2018, 11:43
best call i had today when i was trying to sleep after a long night shift ..... was a job agency offering me a job ..which i don't need at the moment ...as i have one.....and there's me doing my best to seem awake. on the phone...thinking that the mystery number could be the lucky one from Ireland....what a really bad joke guys....

That's heartbreaking. Fingers crossed for you!

TandO
28th Jun 2018, 12:00
That's hard!! Hope you get a phone call today. Has anyone heard from them today or is it just the phonecalls that went out yesterday. I can't concentrate at work. I just want to know either way now

aravindsasi
28th Jun 2018, 13:56
Did anyone get the call today?

JordanTLB
28th Jun 2018, 14:01
nope still nothing yet, really starting to get nervous! especially when you don't know how far through the calls they actually are.

K13
28th Jun 2018, 14:02

Nothing yet =\

aria230
28th Jun 2018, 14:54

Nope! I'm working on the assumption that I've not got through to the next stage. I'd rather have a nice surprise than be on edge waiting. If it happens it happens.

ana36
28th Jun 2018, 14:56
That's heartbreaking. Fingers crossed for you!
after all this heart attack attempt i deserve the real call don't i bro ?lol...fingers crossed for you too....wouldn't be amazing to meet all of you there?...

cpt3p
28th Jun 2018, 14:58
Are the calls done in any particular order like in alphabetical order?

irishdeer
28th Jun 2018, 15:07
Thought I'd join the conversation and introduce myself. This forum has been a great source of refuge over the last month so thanks all for contributing! Best of luck to everyone and if not this time I hope to meet some of you another time/place.

P.s. Also obsessively checking my phone :/

Kizzymonster
28th Jun 2018, 15:18
Hopefully not alphabetically as my surname begins with B 😂😂

Leonv108
28th Jun 2018, 16:20
What did they say in the phone calls if I may ask? Just curious :)

ana36
28th Jun 2018, 19:41
What did they say in the phone calls if I may ask? Just curious :)
be patient Leonv108 ..you'll get your own phone call soon :)....

ana36
28th Jun 2018, 22:37
Hopefully not alphabetically as my surname begins with B 😂😂
must be in base of the assessment ...mine starts with A ..and no email or phone call received yet...something must come ...i'll be honoured in both cases to have participated into this hard competition..another experience for me....a very intense one..

cpt3p
29th Jun 2018, 11:45
Anything today so far? The wait is really getting to me now lol :ugh:

shamrock_f22
29th Jun 2018, 12:14
I got the call! Almost fainted in disbelief lol. See you all soon!

aria230
29th Jun 2018, 12:21
Congratulations buddy!

AdityaFPP
29th Jun 2018, 12:32
Congratulations!! What did they tell you?? When's the interview??

joolsoliver1
29th Jun 2018, 12:32
Got the call this morning! Can’t wait!! Good luck to everyone else!

ana36
29th Jun 2018, 12:38
happy for you....congratulation!!! good luck!!!

ana36
29th Jun 2018, 12:41
i know what you mean

TandO
29th Jun 2018, 12:49

Same!! I can't cope with the not knowing. Juat constantly checking my phone

n.anast
29th Jun 2018, 13:09
Hey guys. Has anyone outside Ireland/UK received a phone call about the results?

Slow Progress
29th Jun 2018, 13:31
Hopes are fading fast�� Good luck to all who have progressed to the next stage��

shamrock_f22
29th Jun 2018, 13:34
Don't lose hope. Honestly, I'd already started preparing for my next steps and thinking about reapplying and a couple of hours later got the call. Fingers crossed for you all!

shamrock_f22
29th Jun 2018, 13:34
happy for you....congratulation!!! good luck!!!
Thank you! :) and to aria230

cpt3p
29th Jun 2018, 14:26
I’m guessing that on Monday the emails will start going out. Last time it took 3 working days (Friday, Monday and Tuesday) before people started receiving the bad news.

Congrats Shamrock_f22!

737ng_x
29th Jun 2018, 14:46
Got mine too !!! What a joy ! see you on the 26th !!

Tango_Hector
29th Jun 2018, 14:54
Still not received mine :/ I guess it's a game over for me :(.
@737ng_X : when did you receive the call ? beg of this afternoon ?

737ng_x
29th Jun 2018, 15:04
Mid-morning today...
Don't loose hope !

ana36
29th Jun 2018, 15:15
Mid-morning today...
Don't loose hope !
What do u mean ..don't lose hope...its 4pm....last day....all finished...:(

737ng_x
29th Jun 2018, 15:19
During the phone conversation, I understood that both persons from HR charged of calls were not present at the office yesterday.....

cpt3p
29th Jun 2018, 15:22
During the phone conversation, I understood that both persons from HR charged of calls were not present at the office yesterday.....

Thanks for information and congrats on getting through! Does that mean people did not get calls yesterday? So theres still a lot of call to be made?

ana36
29th Jun 2018, 15:25
You think might be one more day of calls?...would they call until 5 pm...is there half an hour left of hope?.....or they already finished at 2 pm....

737ng_x
29th Jun 2018, 15:25
That's what we can understand !

ana36
29th Jun 2018, 15:29
That's what we can understand !

thanks for being nice and sharing that.....but i see now game over for me....

Eraclito
29th Jun 2018, 15:58
Well done Shamrock and 737NG, you must have really scored well in the assessment , fair play to you, it was not easy. :)

For all the rest, remember that were just HR people giving their OWN opinion to what THEY think it is the best for the company , it may not be necessarily true. So work hard and keep on training until something comes up, that is my little advice. We will see on Monday for the email. :)

Also, thanks to everyone for sharing precious info about the whole thing, it really helped!

Best of luck All and happy Flying!

Officer Kite
29th Jun 2018, 15:58
What do u mean ..don't lose hope...its 4pm....last day....all finished...:(

Who told you today is the last day?

In 2016 everyone got their calls on here early September, I thought it was over. 2 weeks after all on here got their call I was called to attend the assessment in Dublin too, still with about 10 days notice.

cpt3p
29th Jun 2018, 16:09
With the information that staff was not in yesterday, there are more calls to be made; most likely through Monday and Tuesday so there is still hope for the rest of us.

@Officer Kite - That's really interesting to hear. Do you think it's just a normal part of the selection process for some candidates to be told that late?

Thanks

ana36
29th Jun 2018, 16:35
Who told you today is the last day?

In 2016 everyone got their calls on here early September, I thought it was over. 2 weeks after all on here got their call I was called to attend the assessment in Dublin too, still with about 10 days notice.
really...should i still hope then??/....oh dear Officer Kite......u are like a light in a tunnel for me right now...thank you....

Officer Kite
29th Jun 2018, 19:20
Well they have to call a lot of people, it takes time, then you also have people pulling out etc and so they'll call other people to attend instead. The point of the matter is that it's not over after 2 days of calls (or at least its never been like that in the past).

79er
29th Jun 2018, 19:25
Well, that may be true. However, having seen some got invited and some (still?) not does put some weight on the waiting game.

Not pleasent at all... So waiting some more it is.

Airheaddublin101
29th Jun 2018, 19:37
Congratulations to everyone who got the good news and everyone who is yet to receive it. For everyone else, there will be other opportunities. Never loose hope.

We all will get to where we want to go. Best of luck to everyone in the process

Jaair
29th Jun 2018, 22:27
I also got the call on Thursday and missed it due to work! Ended up calling them back on Friday morning and got invited for the 23rd. See you guys there, really looking forward to it!

rojocrv
29th Jun 2018, 22:48
When I applied last time around 4 years ago, I didn't get called for an assessment for a number of weeks after they started calling the first people
I went to the assessment day and again I didn't hear anything back for a long time.....I'm thinking it was at least a month. Then I got a call out of the blue to be back in dublin for interviews with 2 captains. I was traveling from canada. I flew back to canada the next day and had a phone call to got back to dublin for the psychometric interview a few days later. I was not selected in the end however.
moral the story was there was a lot of waiting around and then it moved very rapidly towards the end.

THe process is different now so that might change things quite a bit but I just want to share my experience.
btw I applied again this year and have not been called yet, but all I know is your still in until you get that rejection mail.

shamrock_f22
30th Jun 2018, 05:32
I’m guessing that on Monday the emails will start going out. Last time it took 3 working days (Friday, Monday and Tuesday) before people started receiving the bad news.

Congrats Shamrock_f22!

Thank you! For people asking how the call goes, it's just a simple hello we're calling from AL, well done you're through to the next stage. Then a brief discussion on when you can attend an assessment

They don't have a lot of time to talk as there are so many people for them to contact and by the sounds of it a lot more happening in the background we are unaware of. I say this because I offered to call my HR contact back with an answer to a question she had but she said please email instead as there's so much happening you don't have much chance of getting hold of me.

Jaair
30th Jun 2018, 09:24
Did those invited get a confirmation email? I was told I would receive an email yesterday with all the details but never got it.

shamrock_f22
30th Jun 2018, 16:51
Did those invited get a confirmation email? I was told I would receive an email yesterday with all the details but never got it.

Yes I got mine a few mins after the call

737ng_x
30th Jun 2018, 17:42
Same for me...

Anyone can enlighten us about the assessment day? (exercices, etc)

Thanks a lot

RejectTO
1st Jul 2018, 17:15
Hey guys,
recieved my call on friday. They said i will get a mail with more details afterwards... did any of you get said mail? Especially for my flight/hotel i would like to see something written and not just a phone call ;)

All the best !

Sheam
1st Jul 2018, 17:34
Has anyone else got their assessment on the 17th of July!?

gordonquinn
2nd Jul 2018, 09:09
Keen to hear if anyone gets a call today - or the dreaded email ... :eek:

cpt3p
2nd Jul 2018, 09:30
Keen to hear if anyone gets a call today - or the dreaded email ... :eek:

Nothing yet... Can't stop checking my phone every 5 minutes lol

AdityaFPP
2nd Jul 2018, 09:38
I emailed them yesterday and they replied back saying they will get back soon as they have a lot of applications to go thru. Fingers crossed!!

ana36
2nd Jul 2018, 10:03
Nothing yet... Can't stop checking my phone every 5 minutes lol
i play it safer ...keep earphones on at all times lol....listening to music to reduce stress...phone is smart enough to stop the music if there's a call

aravindsasi
2nd Jul 2018, 10:05
Really stressful situation !!!

pilotingram
2nd Jul 2018, 10:13
Just got the call!!! What a weight lifted off my shoulder.

Congrats to everyone who’s heard back so far and for those that haven’t, don’t lose hope just yet!

79er
2nd Jul 2018, 10:30
Thanks for Info....

Greetz from "N" from right accross ...

:waiting:

JordanTLB
2nd Jul 2018, 10:37
also just got the call, ill be there on the 24th!
Well done to all those accepted, and best of luck to all those still waiting, It seemed very busy in the background so probably a lot of calls still to go out, fingers crossed for you all!

EIFlyer
2nd Jul 2018, 10:42
I also got the call on Thursday and missed it due to work! Ended up calling them back on Friday morning and got invited for the 23rd. See you guys there, really looking forward to it!
Do you mind me asking what letter your surname ends with? Trying to track if they're going alphabetically.

EIFlyer
2nd Jul 2018, 11:00
Can anyone that has been invited let us know what letter your surname begins with?! Trying to see if they're going strictly alphabetically..

RejectTO
2nd Jul 2018, 11:06
Just got my call from Dublin right now (12:25 GMT+1).
My surname starts with M and I’m from Italy. So there is hope also for foreigners.

Good luck everyone.

Did you recieve your confirmation mail afterwards? Mine from friday call is still missing...

gordonquinn
2nd Jul 2018, 11:31
Just got my call from Dublin right now (12:25 GMT+1).
My surname starts with M and I’m from Italy. So there is hope also for foreigners.

Good luck everyone.

Congratulations Mr M :ok:

dav123
2nd Jul 2018, 12:07
I also just got the call, so keep faith anyone who hasn't heard back yet.

2nd Jul 2018, 12:46
Have we we established that calls are being sent out in alphabetical order?

I also just got the call, so keep faith anyone who hasn't heard back yet.

What does your last name start with?

JordanTLB
2nd Jul 2018, 12:49
Have we we established that calls are being sent out in alphabetical order?

What does your last name start with?
No they aren't going out in alphabetical order. My surname starts with B and I received a call this morning.

EIFlyer
2nd Jul 2018, 13:13
A lad above got the call on Friday, his surname is Oliver. A guy got the call today who's surname begins with M. Not strictly alphabetical I'd say.

Officer Kite
2nd Jul 2018, 13:15
guys it does not work in alphabetical order

JakubEGSC
2nd Jul 2018, 14:37
guys, can you check confirm what number displayed when they called you. I dont need the actual number just to know if it was withheld or displayed as Irish? thanks! I got few missed calls and my heart is sinking.

JordanTLB
2nd Jul 2018, 14:38
guys, can you check confirm what number displayed when they called you. I dont need the actual number just to know if it was withheld or displayed as Irish? thanks! I got few missed calls and my heart is sinking.
It displays as an Irish number. If you miss their call they will leave a voicemail so don't worry.

JakubEGSC
2nd Jul 2018, 14:59
okey thanks, that a kind of relief, but disappointment at the same time, that I didn't get the call, LOL

Well done everyone else who got an invite and Good Luck!!!

bastien98
2nd Jul 2018, 15:12
Did anyone get a new status on the website?

Slow Progress
2nd Jul 2018, 15:36
I haven’t had a call or email yet either��

directlapmo
2nd Jul 2018, 15:44

Apparently it’s 01 886 xxxx

That was from someone who received a call to progress to the next stage.

K13
2nd Jul 2018, 16:14
What's the general thought for those who haven't heard yet? Keep hoping that they've been insanely busy and are taking longer than previously to get through the list?

Beginning to lose hope though, there's been 3-4days of calls...

IrishB1
2nd Jul 2018, 16:48
I got the call today at 16:00 GMT. by the sounds of it they'd a serious amount of applicants this year. don't lose faith just yet.

aria230
2nd Jul 2018, 17:04
What's the general thought for those who haven't heard yet? Keep hoping that they've been insanely busy and are taking longer than previously to get through the list?

Beginning to lose hope though, there's been 3-4days of calls...

Im keeping busy and trying not to think about it, nothing we can do will change the outcome now. That said, I'm here reading everyone's comments...

I'd advise practicing a few of the skills tests online to stay sharp and going for a nice cold beer in the sun. Tomorrow is another day 😁
​​​​​​