PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fostex
26th Apr 2018, 12:14
Now open...

https://www.aerlingus.com/careers/careers-in-the-air/future-pilot-programme/

Crucially, it is airline funded

Do I have to pay for the training costs to complete the course?

- Confirmation of funding will be confirmed during the recruitment process. You will be responsible for any additional expenses incurred during the period of training. You should plan to have sufficient funds available to you for the period of the training.

Will there be an allowance paid while I am on pilot training course?

- Yes. Aer Lingus will provide a small allowance during the course.

thisishomebrand
26th Apr 2018, 12:29
Looks like a good programme, can imagine the competition will be intense.

Wonder which flight school got the gig. Looks like selection is all in house.

gordonquinn
26th Apr 2018, 13:09
Brilliant, thanks for sharing - agreed with the above that competition will be strong!

MaverickPrime
26th Apr 2018, 14:14
Its interesting that there is no online form to fill out your qualifications, you just simply submit your CV. Are they really going to sift through 1000's of CVs?

thisishomebrand
26th Apr 2018, 14:25
I think it just means there is more of a challenge to try and get across things such as motivation in your CV

Speedbird148
26th Apr 2018, 14:27
Hats off to Aer Lingus once again.

Jaair
26th Apr 2018, 16:05
Another step forward in the industry, amazing news.

AA5 Flyer
26th Apr 2018, 16:35
Amazing opportunity! I hope they accept applicants who have already completed some of the ATPL exams

Iselbewohner
26th Apr 2018, 17:45
I applied for that scheme two years ago, the following information is based on that, so no guaranty that it is still the same.

Selection was completely in house, which means done by AerLingus. They did not go through all the CVs but simply let everyone do a online compass test and after that reviewed the CVs of those shortlisted.
At the stage in Dublin we were told that there were about 3000 applications for 10 places, so it´s a bit competitive ;-)
Training was done at FTE in Spain until TR, which was done by AerLingus itself. Initial training, TR and allowance during training was paid for. So indeed hats off for that company.

Hope that helps.

PilotJamie
26th Apr 2018, 18:48
Out of curiosity from reading the application page. Is this similar to the J2 apprentice scheme with Flight operations work on ground first? Apologies im not able to understand it currently.

thisishomebrand
26th Apr 2018, 19:26
Out of curiosity from reading the application page. Is this similar to the J2 apprentice scheme with Flight operations work on ground first? Apologies im not able to understand it currently.

From reading it, I don't think it works like that. Looks to be start training in autumn with the target being to get you flying the jets by March/April 2020

PilotJamie
26th Apr 2018, 19:57
From reading it, I don't think it works like that. Looks to be start training in autumn with the target being to get you flying the jets by March/April 2020
Thanks for the response; 2020? What are you doing until then?

thisishomebrand
26th Apr 2018, 20:03
Thanks for the response; 2020? What are you doing until then?

Well looks like the first 5 months is ATPL exams then working through your flight training. So 14 months from nothing to fATPL and type rating.

Diving_Aviator
26th Apr 2018, 20:20
Well looks like the first 5 months is ATPL exams then working through your flight training. So 14 months from nothing to fATPL and type rating.

As it also says accommodation on campus available it would not surprise me if it followed a mentored MPL program at FTE Jerez as it used to.

PilotJamie
26th Apr 2018, 20:25
Right understood. Its a scheme for those without a licence. All the best to those going ahead for it. Heard fantastic reviews regarding the airline.

Lawrence2725
26th Apr 2018, 20:26
Looks like a good opportunity to me, hopefully more of the industry will start to offer more favourable terms such as those offered by Aer Lingus with this scheme.

After going to Pilot Careers Live at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago, I was fairly disillusioned with the financial side of things (apart from the RAF). However, this seems like a step in the right direction; doing my application now!

Jaair
27th Apr 2018, 08:14
Anyone else submitted the application and received the "Application submitted successfully. Due to technical difficulties we were unable to send you a confirmation email at this time." error?

Speed_Alive_V1
27th Apr 2018, 10:22
Anyone else submitted the application and received the "Application submitted successfully. Due to technical difficulties we were unable to send you a confirmation email at this time." error?
Yes - nothing to worry about, I'm nearly sure the same thing happened last time around

FlyinErin
27th Apr 2018, 10:54
Yup i got that message too.

Engine Ear
27th Apr 2018, 15:42
I applied for that scheme two years ago, the following information is based on that, so no guaranty that it is still the same.

Selection was completely in house, which means done by AerLingus. They did not go through all the CVs but simply let everyone do a online compass test and after that reviewed the CVs of those shortlisted.
At the stage in Dublin we were told that there were about 3000 applications for 10 places, so it´s a bit competitive ;-)
Training was done at FTE in Spain until TR, which was done by AerLingus itself. Initial training, TR and allowance during training was paid for. So indeed hats off for that company.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for this info. Any chance you remember (if they told you) how much the allowance was?

Cheers.

kfitz100
28th Apr 2018, 01:22
Does anybody have an idea of the relative timescale following the selection days in July for further selection (approximate dates of interviews, offers, etc) - perhaps based off previous cadetship campaigns?

I’m away for the summer so just trying to work out some “what if” scenarios in my head!

FlyVeryHigh-
28th Apr 2018, 09:56
Thanks a lot for this info. Any chance you remember (if they told you) how much the allowance was?

Cheers.

The allowance was €200 per month. In previous years; I.e €200 beer money. Food in Jerez is included etc so nothing to pay out for.

ManUtd1999
28th Apr 2018, 10:04
Awesome scheme, full credit to Aer Lingus for running this fully funded again. I imagine it will be extremely competitive, which in a way shows how removing financial barriers gives airlines a much larger pool to choose from. Flying a mix of short haul and trans-atlantic on the A321-LR's would be one of the best pilot jobs in Europe IMO.

Does anybody have an idea of the relative timescale following the selection days in July for further selection (approximate dates of interviews, offers, etc) - perhaps based off previous cadetship campaigns?

I’m away for the summer so just trying to work out some “what if” scenarios in my head!
Well they've stated that training begins in November and first round of interviews are late July. I imagine they'd want to give out offers to the lucky few by mid-September at the latest to allow for notice periods. In previous year I believe there has been a further interview and medical in Dublin after the first interviews, so I guess that would be in August. All guesswork on my part though....

I.e €200 beer money.
That's a lot of beer!

KieronyM
28th Apr 2018, 10:31
The job sounds incredible and its brilliant to see a resurgence in sponsored programs - or one at least. Of course I want to apply - but I am in my last year of college in the UK, which means I will have achieved the educational requirements, but not by late July...

I will find out how I've done in August on results day of course - is this too late? I do of course have predicted grades and can evidence that I should have no problem achieving the minimum.

Can anyone yield any pointers on this? Is anyone applying in the same situation? If the information about further interviews is correct then I would probably have my grades by then, officially.

KieronyM
28th Apr 2018, 10:32
Does anyone know if you are allowed to accompany your CV with a Cover Letter?

You are, you attach it with your CV on the side. No idea if they read it though but in my view its worth a shot...

Engine Ear
28th Apr 2018, 10:48
The allowance was €200 per month. In previous years; I.e €200 beer money. Food in Jerez is included etc so nothing to pay out for.

Wow! I didn't realise everything was covered at Jerez. This gets better by the minute! Thanks again for the info!

kfitz100
28th Apr 2018, 12:20
Well they've stated that training begins in November and first round of interviews are late July. I imagine they'd want to give out offers to the lucky few by mid-September at the latest to allow for notice periods. In previous year I believe there has been a further interview and medical in Dublin after the first interviews, so I guess that would be in August. All guesswork on my part though....

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Chris the Robot
28th Apr 2018, 14:03
It does look to be an excellent programme, though I wonder what their view towards people with three month notice periods would be?

Diverskii
28th Apr 2018, 14:55
Does anyone know if you are allowed to accompany your CV with a Cover Letter?

Application only mentions a CV but the general Aer Lingus jobs portal mentions CV and Covering Letter upload on the left hand side.

I am always inclined to provide a covering letter - but not sure if they'd think negatively of it if it is not explicitly asked for?

Jaair
28th Apr 2018, 15:22
I believe the consensus reached in the 2017 scheme thread was that only a CV was required. See https://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/580868-aer-lingus-mentored-cadet-pilot-programme-2017-a-3.html#post9430868

04jharrison
28th Apr 2018, 19:57
I sent a covering letter, a standard CV for a no-experience scheme seems a little redundant past meeting the basic criteria, I would’ve thought they’d want to know your motivations first and foremost. :)

GAPilot261087
28th Apr 2018, 23:03
I don't suppose anyone who has either applied in the past can shed some light on what the online assesments are ? I seen somebody mention COMPAS. I have interviewed for another scheme with Jerez but done the FTE PILAPT tests (which I to this day think are not accurate...). I'll have a look at compas in the mean while!

Officer Kite
29th Apr 2018, 07:57
I had a cover letter the last time round and it was on the interviewer's desk along with my CV at the final interview rounds.

i can also confirm it was referred to, so make sure it's coherent and you actually can prove whatever it is you're going to write on it.

MarkSRFC
29th Apr 2018, 17:33
Did anyone else not get an acknowledgment or confirmation email when they applied? I didn't see any 'error' message that others are talking about, but it says 'application received' on the portal!

C43
29th Apr 2018, 18:21
Did anyone else not get an acknowledgment or confirmation email when they applied? I didn't see any 'error' message that others are talking about, but it says 'application received' on the portal!

Same story here.

Jaair
29th Apr 2018, 19:11
I actually re-applied to this scheme and got an email the second time round. They attached two files to the email: the application summary and CV. However, the CV they attached is about 200 bytes big and can't be opened. :ugh:

LandingGear60
30th Apr 2018, 16:09
After going to Pilot Careers Live at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago, I was fairly disillusioned with the financial side of things (apart from the RAF). However, this seems like a step in the right direction; doing my application now!

PCL is a great event and also helps people to discover more areas of aviation (at a lower or no cost) rather than just the commercial pilot role. This is a great move by Aer Lingus but unfortunately since only they are offering a free scheme at the moment, competition will be extremely high (I’ve read over 6,000 applied before for 10 positions) and the rest of the industry are still requiring the minimum £100,000. It would be great for all airlines to adopt this but tbh I think it’s a long way off yet.

LandingGear60
30th Apr 2018, 16:13
The job sounds incredible and its brilliant to see a resurgence in sponsored programs - or one at least. Of course I want to apply - but I am in my last year of college in the UK, which means I will have achieved the educational requirements, but not by late July...

I will find out how I've done in August on results day of course - is this too late? I do of course have predicted grades and can evidence that I should have no problem achieving the minimum.

Can anyone yield any pointers on this? Is anyone applying in the same situation? If the information about further interviews is correct then I would probably have my grades by then, officially.

Hi, I can’t speak exactly for this scheme itself but I’m finishing some further education while I’ve booked assessment stages for another airline-specific program. My program gives specific info that predicted grades are accepted. If this isn’t explained on their webpage then I’d recommend you give Aer Lingus a call and discuss this with them. One thing to note, if you’re going to jump at this opportunity I wouldn’t allow it to take away from preparation time for your college exams, those are very important and should be prioritised! Good luck

Lawrence2725
30th Apr 2018, 20:10
Does anyone know what the implications of Brexit might be for Brits applying for this programme?

The application specifies that applicants be "eligible to live and work permanently in the EU"

soonsa
1st May 2018, 09:29
Hello everyone
I’m just wondering what can I expect after finishing this programme and obtaining A320 type rating? How long will I have to work for them? 3,5 or maybe10 years?

kfitz100
1st May 2018, 18:04
Hello everyone
I’m just wondering what can I expect after finishing this programme and obtaining A320 type rating? How long will I have to work for them? 3,5 or maybe10 years?

I believe it's a five year bond. Leave before then and you will likely be liable for the cost of the training. I'm open to be corrected on that though...

kfitz100
1st May 2018, 18:07
Does anyone know what the implications of Brexit might be for Brits applying for this programme?

The application specifies that applicants be "eligible to live and work permanently in the EU"

While far from an expert on this, I can't imagine it will make a difference. You are still an EU citizen currently and I'm sure obtaining the necessary paperwork to stay working in Ireland/EU after Brexit will not be an issue. Again, not an expert though...

Slow Progress
1st May 2018, 21:24
Does anyone know at what stage you will need to present a police disclosure if not an Irish citizen?

Also can you get a class one medical after offer of position or do you already need to be in possesion of one?

Thanks.

Jojobray
1st May 2018, 23:14
Does anyone know if they will accept application from someone doing the leaving this June? Isn’t clear from website. Thanks

Hagop
1st May 2018, 23:43
In their previous cadet programs (2015-2016), cadets had to pay 25% of the total training costs. This time it's fully sponsored in addition to covering some living expenses for the duration of the training. Huge respect to this Irish flag carrier. Competition is fierce indeed, good luck to all applicants, may the best get in. Any idea to which flight school are they sending their cadets this time? It used to be FTE Jerez, this time it obviously isn't.

Tango_Hector
2nd May 2018, 08:07
In their previous cadet programs (2015-2016), cadets had to pay 25% of the total training costs. This time it's fully sponsored in addition to covering some living expenses for the duration of the training. Huge respect to this Irish flag carrier. Competition is fierce indeed, good luck to all applicants, may the best get in. Any idea to which flight school are they sending their cadets this time? It used to be FTE Jerez, this time it obviously isn't.

Are you sure about that ? Why not choose FTE this time ?

soonsa
2nd May 2018, 18:17
Guys do you think that we can expect them to open the same fully funded programme in 2019?

WingsofRoffa
3rd May 2018, 14:34
Anybody received a confirmation email after applying?

kfitz100
3rd May 2018, 15:00
Anybody received a confirmation email after applying?

No just an error message on the application page. Most people got the same, don't think it makes a difference

Rutherford12
4th May 2018, 10:10
In regards to the online assessments applicants are required to complete within 72 hours, does anyone have any idea what these might entail? I see that there has been some mention of COMPASS or PILAPT tests, however some of these tests require some specific software to complete, is it therefore more likely that the assessments may be more similar in nature to that of an normal assessment centre, i.e situational judgement, problem solving, interaction and leadership questions etc?

MotoRinzler
4th May 2018, 11:57
It states cadets needs funds for additional costs... Any idea what that is expected to be, and for what. I suspect its training overrun hrs etc, but not sure?

I assume it's run at FTE but their website when I checked, doesn't say anything about EL for 2018.

LandingConfig
4th May 2018, 14:43
It states cadets needs funds for additional costs... Any idea what that is expected to be, and for what. I suspect its training overrun hrs etc, but not sure?

It's referring to living expenses during the course, for which they are providing a small allowance.

EI-mech
4th May 2018, 20:49
Hello everyone

If you approach this process with the intention of using the airline to get a type rating and move on, then you will not be successful in achieving one of the coveted positions. EI cadets have a proven history of longevity in the airline and they will be looking for candidates who actually want to fly for Aer Lingus.

EI-mech
4th May 2018, 20:54

Cadet training at Aer Lingus has been fully funded since 2012. They have also always provided a small allowance. This is pocket money as all accommodation/food is provided in Jerez. This years cadets will do an integrated MPL at FTE, just like last years group. Aer Lingus have worked hard with FTE and the IAA over the past few years to get this course approved and I can't see them moving away from it any time soon.

momo95
4th May 2018, 21:08
Cadet training at Aer Lingus has been fully funded since 2012. They have also always provided a small allowance. This is pocket money as all accommodation/food is provided in Jerez. This years cadets will do an integrated MPL at FTE, just like last years group. Aer Lingus have worked hard with FTE and the IAA over the past few years to get this course approved and I can't see them moving away from it any time soon.

Not entirely acccurate. When the cadet programme was relaunched in 2011 they required a 25,000eu contribution from the candidate towards the training. It was only in 2015 that they removed this fee and even started to offer an allowance.

RE whoever is already asking about the bond period, you've completely misunderstood the entire concept of the EI cadet programme. They want people who will fulfill their entire professional careers with the company. If your intention is to use them as a stepping stone then this programme really is not for you. There are more than enough people who can demonstrate a raging desire to want to fly for Aer Lingus and spend their whole career there, they will know if you're just looking for a gate into the business.

EI-mech
4th May 2018, 21:19
Not entirely acccurate. When the cadet programme was relaunched in 2011 they required a 25,000eu contribution from the candidate towards the training. It was only in 2015 that they removed this fee and even started to offer an allowance.

As someone who works at the pointy end of a green A320, I'm happy to stand by what I've said. Yes, in 2011 the candidates had to pay a small amount of the training cost, but like I've already said, it's been fully funded since then with an allowance paid.

Officer Kite
4th May 2018, 21:32
As someone who works at the pointy end of a green A320, I'm happy to stand by what I've said. Yes, in 2011 the candidates had to pay a small amount of the training cost, but like I've already said, it's been fully funded since then with an allowance paid.

so then why at the 2014 final stage selection was one of the interview questions did we have the €25,000 or indeed access to it? There is also a lengthy boards discussion about this very topic from back then too

Chris the Robot
4th May 2018, 23:51
From what I've seen, I'm surprised anyone would want to leave Aer Lingus once they've joined, it seems (from the outside) to be the best airline for an English-only speaker to work for in Europe. I've met a couple of Aer Lingus pilots and the culture seems from a social perspective to be easygoing, excellent T&Cs plus a really good variety of routes, particularly with the A321neo coming in.

Taling about commitment, I'm not that long qualified in my current profession, if I were to apply would I be seen as a leaving risk?

MotoRinzler
5th May 2018, 13:07
It's referring to living expenses during the course, for which they are providing a small allowance.

What's the norm on overrun / additional training items on such schemes?

antoniosilvestre
5th May 2018, 15:21
Dear community,

Since in Europe there are a lot of fATPL pilots hoping to have a first good opportunity in the market, I wonder why are companies like Aer Lingus or Air France opening programmes when financing a TR would be less heavy on them.
Maybe is to bond pilots for more time to have a kind of security to possible market changes.
I really would like to hear your opinion on this.
Thanks!

BravoAlphaWhiskey
5th May 2018, 17:06
Anyone have an idea on the number of cadets they're looking for this year?

emilio123
6th May 2018, 07:03
How will the selection Process be?

Will everything be done in one day or multiple days?

And are Dutch citizens also able to send their resume?

Yes, as we have the right to live in Ireland (EU.) Check out the link in the first post for the other details.

flyingmed
7th May 2018, 15:33
Dear community,

Since in Europe there are a lot of fATPL pilots hoping to have a first good opportunity in the market, I wonder why are companies like Aer Lingus or Air France opening programmes when financing a TR would be less heavy on them.
Maybe is to bond pilots for more time to have a kind of security to possible market changes.
I really would like to hear your opinion on this.
Thanks!

Those pilots with fATPL can apply for 'direct entry' positions, I believe there is a seperate thread for that part of recruitment.

Slow Progress
7th May 2018, 18:22
Do you require a class one medical before the interview stage?

Officer Kite
7th May 2018, 19:18
Should the Cover Letter be in the same file as the CV or do you recommend uploading two separate files?

Doubt it makes a difference. The files are reviewed by humans, they'll sort out the files their end once they see a cover letter and cv to however they want them (spearately or as one file).

Do you require a class one medical before the interview stage?

No, all requirements for interview are listed

interested123
7th May 2018, 21:22
Fiddlesticks. I submitted my CV a week ago but didn’t submit a cover letter as it didn’t specifically ask for one. I should have really found this forum beforehand.

Do we think preference will be given to Irish nationals?

kfitz100
7th May 2018, 23:33
Fiddlesticks. I submitted my CV a week ago but didn’t submit a cover letter as it didn’t specifically ask for one. I should have really found this forum beforehand.

I don’t believe cover letters are required for this application...at least that is what the case was in 2016.

I think it’s safe to assume that there will be some bias towards Irish citizens, not least because they are most likely to want to build a lifetime career with Aer Lingus. That said, the strongest candidates will ultimately succeed - Irish or otherwise.

Jaair
8th May 2018, 08:40

Having read the confirmation email and other posts, the way I understand the process is that the CV will initially only be screened to ensure you meet the entry requirements. If you were to go through to the final stages then your CV will be looked at in depth together with any cover letter, if applicable.

Jetstream alpha
8th May 2018, 09:32

It was specified to only attach a CV so really don't think you will lose out by supplying what they're asking for. If anything showing that you're able to follow instructions might even be looked on more favourably.

Officer Kite
8th May 2018, 12:27
Guys just include a cover letter, it won't be thrown in the bin that's for sure, it shows initiative too. I attended a selection preparation day and they also encouraged including a cover letter even if not specifically asked, you're trying to sell yourself so seize every possible opportunity to do so.

And they are flexible, I emailed them after submitting to even update my CV and they allowed so, also offering the chance to update/edit my cover letter. So it's never too late, they are very flexible and understanding if last time is anything to go by.

skoot
8th May 2018, 20:22

Although in a completely different sector I have sat on both sides of an interview sift/panel. If they didn’t ask for a cover letter don’t send one. I have been instructed in a previous job to ditch applications that didnt follow basic application instructions. Harsh but when you have thousands of applicants why look at those who can’t follow basics? I wouldn’t worry. Those who sent a cover letter however......... 😂 I’m sure it won’t matter either way.

momo95
8th May 2018, 22:09
<div style="text-align:left;"><br /><br />Although in a completely different sector I have sat on both sides of an interview sift/panel. If they didn’t ask for a cover letter don’t send one. I have been instructed in a previous job to ditch applications that didnt follow basic application instructions. Harsh but when you have thousands of applicants why look at those who can’t follow basics? I wouldn’t worry. Those who sent a cover letter however......... �� I’m sure it won’t matter either way.</div>

There is a proven track record of Aer Lingus looking at cover letters with many reports of them being referred to in interviews, now without wishing to sound rude, but whatever your previous company said isn't relevant because Aer Lingus clearly aren't one of those companies. Cover letters are processed and read by them. That's not to say not including one harms you, but the difference between applicants comes down to almost futile things at the final stage, you need every tiny bit of help you can get.

sara98
8th May 2018, 23:25
Hi everyone :)

I've been thinking whether to apply or not for days and I've finally decided to ask for your advice.

Basically, I am currently enrolled at university (in my second year of study - out of four). I would like to apply to the Aer Lingus programme as it is an exceptional opportunity for an aspiring pilot as I am. However, I'm not entirely sure about what a recruiter might think when seeing I'm actually still enrolled at university.

Since it's obviously not possible to keep studying at uni while undergoing a professional pilot training, a possible question from any recruiter might be "what will you do if you are successful throughout the selection process?". The answer would be obvious but saying I would drop out of university without any hesitation might equally be disqualifying as I might sound like someone who is not determined to succeed and easily gives up.

What do you genuinely think? Should I apply or should I wait until I'm done with university?

Many thanks for any advice you might have :)

skoot
9th May 2018, 05:00
There is a proven track record of Aer Lingus looking at cover letters with many reports of them being referred to in interviews, now without wishing to sound rude, but whatever your previous company said isn't relevant because Aer Lingus clearly aren't one of those companies. Cover letters are processed and read by them. That's not to say not including one harms you, but the difference between applicants comes down to almost futile things at the final stage, you need every tiny bit of help you can get.

Fair enough. not going to argue with any of that. I was simply alleviating someone’s worry for not sending one. Every organisation does things differently. I’ve interviewed people for mostly engineering roles in several companies and they were all different. Take your own initiative and do what you think best.

Moy26
9th May 2018, 09:24
Has anybody had any further communication past the application stage? Ie online tests etc? I was assuming there would be no update until after the deadline passes.

f22feynman
9th May 2018, 11:02
Hi guys,

I am thinking about applying for this programme. I am currently in a school finishing my PPL, and I am in a program routed to obtain my CPL. The problem is that it is very difficult to progress in this school (a long story, which i'm not gonna tell here). My motivations are just to study, work, fly and fly again. I am only focused on progressing and trying to be a good pilot; and maybe this program is a good opportunity for me, as I am completely stuck in my current school waiting everyday for flights, for the aircrafts to be fixed, and for bureaucracy to be made...
As I try to progress as fast as possible, I might be finishing the theory of the ATPL before beginning the program with Aer Lingus, would you still apply in my case?

Thank you very much for your answers, and good luck to all with your apply!!

Flyinging
9th May 2018, 11:53
Does anybody know how many times I'd have to come to dublin?
Or is it just one stage?

MCDU2
9th May 2018, 12:23
Sara......

One scenario

- Drop out if successfully employed by AL. When asked at the interview state that this is all you have ever wanted to do and it would be foolhardy to wait for a future programme to pop up given the inherent uncertainty that exists within the industry
- Also AL invites applications from employees to study during their careers and will pay towards this. Generally its the ambitous types wanting to undertake MBAs and suchlike and jump across into management. Therefore there is a slim chance that you could complete a higher level qualification after qualifying as a pilot.

Now if it was me I would do the degree (assuming its something relevant) as it demonstrates you completed something and if you don't get an airline job then you will have a career to fall back on. Plus you might lose your medical one day and be out of a job altogether.

skoot
9th May 2018, 18:38

I've been thinking whether to apply or not for days and I've finally decided to ask for your advice.

Basically, I am currently enrolled at university (in my second year of study - out of four). I would like to apply to the Aer Lingus programme as it is an exceptional opportunity for an aspiring pilot as I am. However, I'm not entirely sure about what a recruiter might think when seeing I'm actually still enrolled at university.

Since it's obviously not possible to keep studying at uni while undergoing a professional pilot training, a possible question from any recruiter might be "what will you do if you are successful throughout the selection process?". The answer would be obvious but saying I would drop out of university without any hesitation might equally be disqualifying as I might sound like someone who is not determined to succeed and easily gives up.

What do you genuinely think? Should I apply or should I wait until I'm done with university?

I am 33; if I was giving advice to my younger self I would strongly advise finishing the degree. There will be other opportunities in the future and your degree will give you some security in your chosen profession if flying doesn’t go as planned. I am applying later in life and it may not work out for me but I have security and could get another role in my profession if this doesn’t happen.

Im not suggesting you wait as long as me but assuming you enjoy your degree and would consider a job in that area interesting there is no harm in having some other experience on your CV.

That being said i am not sure my younger self would take my current advice! Only you know what you really want to do. Consider the cost and effort you have made so far and if another few years is that long to wait. Even when you finish uni you still have a hell of a long time to be a career pilot.

Black Pudding
9th May 2018, 20:59

What is it in life you want to do ?

Would you want to work for Aer Lingus

If in doubt about either, don't bother.

Onlynthose with a strong desire to be given this chance will have any chance of getting through the tough application process.

Slow Progress
11th May 2018, 15:56
Getting restless. I can’t help checking emails every five minutes!!

Jaair
11th May 2018, 17:21
Getting restless. I can’t help checking emails every five minutes!!

I don't think they'll start sending updates before Sunday (when they stop taking applications).

LBAflyer22
12th May 2018, 10:13
Anyone else getting an error message when they go to log into Aer Lingus Careers? Something to do with NGA software?

Craigf289
12th May 2018, 13:20
Just applied (found out about this programme late). Good luck everyone applying :)

IanDW
12th May 2018, 15:38
Anyone else getting an error message when they go to log into Aer Lingus Careers? Something to do with NGA software?
I had the same issue. I just reset my password.

LBAflyer22
12th May 2018, 16:17
I found a way around it Ian and applied ... successfully however not received an email which it said on the website was down to technical issues. I'm going to pop them a quick email to ensure it has been received.

Good luck everyone :)

pmm
12th May 2018, 18:35
Exciting, I've just applied. I got down to the very last round with Aer Lingus - but that was quite a few years ago when it was known as the the Cadet programme - interested to see how the assessment process has changed in recent years. Good luck to all.

PoloJamie
13th May 2018, 11:02
I've just applied for this, found out about very late (from Facebook of all places...)

Anyway, good luck to everyone who has applied - hopefully other airlines, even mainline BA (given the IAG link) may eventually follow this model. I'm sure the number of potentially very capable pilots denied a professional aviation career due to not having the £100,000 + most airlines require must be horrendous.

I'm 28 and come from an IT background so far but initially tick all the boxes, so we'll see :)

lagraf05
13th May 2018, 11:07
II'm 28 and come from an IT background so far but initially tick all the boxes, so we'll see :)

That's at least two of us then! Applied the other day and despite knowing they won't be saying diddly until all have been screened, still can't help getting odd the flutter when an email comes through.

Anyway, best of luck to all who have applied. At least I have a major network migration project in the meantime to keep me distracted!

skoot
14th May 2018, 08:48
Anyone having issues logging into their AL account?

Kuyashi
14th May 2018, 16:11
Anyone having issues logging into their AL account?
Just checked, it did give me "Login unsuccessful" 3 times in a row, but then let me log in eventually.

Has anyone received the link to online assessments yet?

MotoRinzler
14th May 2018, 16:24
If you think your late at 28... I wouldn't like to think how that places me at 39 🤔

theexpandingman
14th May 2018, 16:30
41 here.... :eek:

FlyVeryHigh-
14th May 2018, 17:43
28 is not late. Aer lingus prefer their cadet pilots in their 20's and greater. Very rarely have they took someone <21/22.

aravindsasi
14th May 2018, 19:22
Anyone got any reply from them? yesterday was the last date of application.

kfitz100
14th May 2018, 22:44
Well they just started to check the applications give them a week or three, then they will have selected the first ones for the test.

I believe most people will get the link for the online assessment, unless you don’t meet the eligibility criteria. Emails should be sent out fairly soon as well. At least, this was the case in previous years.

Tango_Hector
15th May 2018, 10:57
From previous experience, do you know the lead time between the link reception and D day assessment ?
Cheers,
Thomas

someone92
16th May 2018, 10:50
Hi Guys, I have applied for it myself. Just in the middle of doing my PPL and I think I will get an online test :-D

Your application for this vacancy was sent on 09/05/2018 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test.

SarahStarrr
16th May 2018, 11:51
I logged in and checked my application status today and it currently says 'Invite to pre selection online test'. I haven't gotten any email yet so I panicked and emailed the recruitment team (I hope they don't think I'm a pest now!).

They responded and said
Hi Sarah,

Details will be sent onto you in due course.

Rgds

Aer Lingus Recruitment Team

aravindsasi
16th May 2018, 14:51
Last year they send the assessment link the very next day of the application closing date, but this time its taking time, anyone got any updates?

Leonv108
16th May 2018, 14:54
Last year they send the assessment link the very next day of the application closing date, but this time its taking time, anyone got any updates?

Nah, still waiting for any email from them. do keep us in the know if anyone gets an email from them

dav123
16th May 2018, 15:38
On the application page, it does say 'invite to online test' but there is no link/email.

theexpandingman
16th May 2018, 15:55
Somebody I know their application status (viewable when you log back in to the Aer Lingus recruitment site) changed from 'Application Received' to 'Invite to pre-selection online test'. They haven't yet received any email confirmation of this however. My status is still at the former.

Amy_intheclouds
16th May 2018, 16:26

I have the link but not the email, confused. Has anyone else?

Diverskii
16th May 2018, 16:44
Invites for Assessments are out

Jaair
16th May 2018, 16:50
Invites for Assessments are out

I've not received anything. Are these sent all at once or sent out as they're being screened? Have they actually just processed all of the applications in just 3 days?

Jaair
16th May 2018, 16:52
Huh, it says I've been invited on the website but haven't received an email yet. Guess I'll wait.

Leonv108
16th May 2018, 17:12
I just received the email invite goodluck guys!

Broky757
16th May 2018, 17:12
Just received the invitation to the second stage. Good luck everyone ! :)

thisishomebrand
16th May 2018, 17:13
Yep got the email, all due by Sunday

Jaair
16th May 2018, 17:13
Haven't received any confirmation or invite email either.

I've just received it now.

Jetstream alpha
16th May 2018, 17:14
Just received an assessment invite email as well, to be completed before midnight of the 20th

JackSWeddell
16th May 2018, 17:40
Just received the email as well.
All seems pretty much as expected. Just wondered if anyone had any information on the video interview portion of the assessment. I assume it’s not a live conversation, rather a recorded response to a question?

shamrock_f22
16th May 2018, 17:41
Have also received an invite and would be interested to know broadly what to expect for the video interview.

Oh and best of luck to everyone! Exciting times :)

MotoRinzler
16th May 2018, 17:47
Email also received. Same deadline as others. Good luck all. Best I double check camera and microphone on the laptop works before logging in.

IanDW
16th May 2018, 18:10
Got a reply. Now for the fun part. Good luck everyone

Kuyashi
16th May 2018, 18:16
I too have received a link to the assessments - however my application page still states: "... currently has a status of Application received." - just in case anyone sees the same on their page.

Best of luck to all!

p.s. If anyone could shed some light on the Video Interview it would greatly appreciated

Movieman162
16th May 2018, 18:48
Joined to ask about this.

Got my email for the assessment with the deadline being Sunday.

Anyone have any information about what to expect in the online assessment?

First part seems like a standard personality questionnaire same as what Oxford and CTC email applicants before they go down to do ADAPT/Compass sitting.

Would expect the second part to be very similar to Compass/ADAPT but not sure about the video interview section. Is this going to be interview style questions or role questions like what would you do in x scenario like retailer assessments. Anyone have info about this section as a whole?

Thanks and best of luck everyone!

f22feynman
16th May 2018, 19:07
Email received but, when I try to begin with the first part of the assesment, it says that "It appears that this assignment has already been completed". Anyone else having the same error?

skoot
16th May 2018, 19:35
Just tried logging into the first assignment and it says I have already completed it and can’t change my answers. Sent an email to the address listed in the email to query it. Not a good start!

Lawrence2725
16th May 2018, 20:10
Just tried logging into the first assignment and it says I have already completed it and can’t change my answers. Sent an email to the address listed in the email to query it. Not a good start!

That also happened to me. It's described as a 'personality questionnaire', which sounds very similar to 2 of the other tests you have to do from 'part 2' of their email to you.

Speed_Alive_V1
16th May 2018, 20:29
Good luck all. Those A320's aren't gonna fly themselves!

skoot
16th May 2018, 20:31
That also happened to me. It's described as a 'personality questionnaire', which sounds very similar to 2 of the other tests you have to do from 'part 2' of their email to you.
so have you managed to complete part 1 now? I can only assume there has been an error in the system they use to send out codes. Hopefully it wasn’t linked to two peoples accounts!

skoot
16th May 2018, 20:43
Email received but, when I try to begin with the first part of the assesment, it says that "It appears that this assignment has already been completed". Anyone else having the same error?
just seen you asked this question before me. Positive your post wasn’t there when I posted. Never mind. Hopefully AL will rectify this tomorrow.

f22feynman
16th May 2018, 20:56
Don't worry bro, my message was "wating for the moderator to approve it". Surely they will do, good luck with your apply!

lagraf05
16th May 2018, 21:01
Got the email around 6pm today, now comes the fun part I guess!

Slow Progress
16th May 2018, 21:12
Email received also.

I haven’t done assessments like this before. I would be interested to hear if anyone has done a video interview and what to expect.

I am nervous but excited at the same time regarding the whole process.

Good luck everyone.

Robbraz
16th May 2018, 21:14
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to complete practice tests that may be similar to this?

​​​​Best of luck to everyone.

JM31
16th May 2018, 22:02
I think the best is to contact the AL support, as specified in the mail. They should be reactive I guess !

motpmats
17th May 2018, 01:28
My first test in the Assessment of part two did not work and now it is blocked. Anyone a idea what to do?

Best of luck to all!

Same for me, couldn't load the first assessment as "it's already been completed", went to start the first part of the 2nd and got an error saying the access code is not valid.

I'd reccomened sending an email to [email protected] highlighting the above problem. It sounds as though this may be effecting quite a lot of candidates so I expect them to either resolve it swiftly or extend the deadline.

mask14
17th May 2018, 05:25
Whatever you do folks.... do not leave it until Sunday to complete .... the system will crash with overload. Fact. Good luck to everyone.

SarahStarrr
17th May 2018, 08:44
Anyone get any reply from the helpdesk after getting the message that the test has already been completed???

737ng_x
17th May 2018, 08:51
Hello,

same problem here ! :

"It appears that this assignment has already been completed. It is not possible to change your responses."

Don't know what to do...

IanDW
17th May 2018, 09:10
Just gone through the video interview. You have 40secs to prepare and 1.30mins to answer. Fairly simple questions

mboqseif
17th May 2018, 09:39

I am also getting this message, has anybody heard back from the cut-e people and how long did it take them to reply with a solution?

Cheers

skoot
17th May 2018, 10:03
ive still not heard back. I was hoping it would be a quick fix. I can access the second stage assignments but I don’t want to do them until I have done the first one.

cfeenan559
17th May 2018, 10:30
I also am having issues logging into the first assessment, but when I emailed the email mentioned it came back as saying that it was no longer in use. Anyone else having that issue?

thisishomebrand
17th May 2018, 10:57
Whatever you do folks.... do not leave it until Sunday to complete .... the system will crash with overload. Fact. Good luck to everyone.

Wise words of advice. Looks like there are already issues so get it done when you can

skoot
17th May 2018, 11:15
Just got a new link from cut-e for the first assignment. Here’s hoping......

mboqseif
17th May 2018, 14:30
Has anybody done stage 2 yet? My laptop is on its last legs so want to see if i can do it on my tablet. I know i can do the video interview on my tablet but would like to know what the rest is before committing to a device

Cheers

JONFI
17th May 2018, 15:11
You will definitely need your laptop and a mouse for one of the tests if not two.

You can open it up though and answer most of the assessment exercises on your tablet then login via your laptop for the spatial/motion exercise.

Good luck and pay attention to the time remaining. I had a dog be sick at my feet during a 2 or 3 minute 5 question exercise and only manage 2 or 3 questions before it timed out. So I've probably ruled myself out of the Dublin based assessments now.

dannyhill94
17th May 2018, 16:52
Just finished all assessments and video interview. By far the most challenging assessments I've done, the L3 and FTE aptitudes seem like a doddle in comparison. The arithmetic and verbal reasoning are fairly straightforwards however. The video interview is only 4 questions, and seemed quite informal, nevertheless, still felt a little nervous, but again the questions asked are as expected.

mboqseif, i wouldn't recommend on doing the assessments on a tablet, and PC and mouse works a lot better.

Chris4
17th May 2018, 17:03
My first test in the Assessment of part two did not work and now it is blocked. Anyone a idea what to do?

Best of luck to all!

I've had this too - mine actually came up with an error window where I could report it so I've sent an email to that ([email protected]) but might send one to AL as well if no reply..

JONFI
17th May 2018, 17:08
Also, you can send your emails to [email protected] and [email protected].

I had a response within 90 minutes with a fix to one of my issues.

tintagel26
17th May 2018, 17:13
I had an email saying they fixed the problem in the first link, does anybody know what the video assessment part is like?

cpt3p
17th May 2018, 17:16
Did anyone find the Spatial Orientation test confusing? The example shown didn't make sense to me.

mboqseif
17th May 2018, 19:04
Right then, that is out of the way. The interview was interesting! Initially i tried to use my laptop but neither the sound or camera worked! Then the iPad, the sound was a bit poor so had to use my gaming headset which is going to look interesting when they look at it :) . It was actually just a bit of a replacement of the face to face bit they would do on an assessment day. Personally I would have preferred a face to face version where you can get ideas from the response of the interviewer but hey ho.

The tests are exactly the same as previous years and I think i may have made the same errors but fingers crossed it is ok. With the maths questions, most are fairly simple but there are times where you will wish you had more than 3 days to get prepared.

All in all, this probably felt tougher than it actually was, make sure you have a responsive mouse and a good surface to use it on.

Good luck everyone!!!

Riky
17th May 2018, 19:05
I did them all, took me about 100 minutes. I suggest you to solve the tests from last to first. I am not satisfied with my performances at all.
I wish a good luck to everyone.

Mike555
17th May 2018, 19:05
if called to Dublin what documents would they want ie: letter from GP medical history, Police report and uni certificates.

shamrockCE96
17th May 2018, 20:24
Right then, that is out of the way. The interview was interesting! Initially i tried to use my laptop but neither the sound or camera worked! Then the iPad, the sound was a bit poor so had to use my gaming headset which is going to look interesting when they look at it :) . It was actually just a bit of a replacement of the face to face bit they would do on an assessment day. Personally I would have preferred a face to face version where you can get ideas from the response of the interviewer but hey ho.

The tests are exactly the same as previous years and I think i may have made the same errors but fingers crossed it is ok. With the maths questions, most are fairly simple but there are times where you will wish you had more than 3 days to get prepared.

All in all, this probably felt tougher than it actually was, make sure you have a responsive mouse and a good surface to use it on.

Good luck everyone!!!

Fair play and thanks for sharing! not going to ask you what the questions were because that wouldn't be fair on yourself but did each interview question have to be done within a certain time limit?

mboqseif
17th May 2018, 20:37
Fair play and thanks for sharing! not going to ask you what the questions were because that wouldn't be fair on yourself but did each interview question have to be done within a certain time limit?

hi shamrock

it was 40 seconds prep and a minimum of 1 minute to a max of 1:30 to give your answer.

shamrockCE96
17th May 2018, 21:03
hi shamrock

it was 40 seconds prep and a minimum of 1 minute to a max of 1:30 to give your answer.

Thanks for sharing, best of luck!

tintagel26
17th May 2018, 23:41
I just completed mine, did terrible on the maths section and not too great on hand and eye co-ord. At least with this application you don’t have to fork out £300 pounds for the initial interview.

Good luck everybody hope you do better than I did ��

KoalaKandy
18th May 2018, 00:18
Did anyone find the Spatial Orientation test confusing? The example shown didn't make sense to me.

Yes. I thought everything else went pretty ok, but that section was awful! I failed the example question and didn't understand why I was wrong and I took an educated guess for the rest in that section. Probably got 0 tbh. Really unhappy about the explanation on that one!

Holdshortcadet
18th May 2018, 02:04
Does this programme allow Asian Applicants to apply? Anyone is from South East Asia as well?

Ice033
18th May 2018, 06:46

Same for me. I failed this one. Didn't understand directions at the moment... Now it's clear but it's too late...

MorningPilot
18th May 2018, 07:52
We have time till Sunday at 23:59, correct? So eventually I can finish my last tests on Sunday?

Yes but, as someone noted above, it's not advised as servers issues from overload are quite common on the eve of deadlines..

skoot
18th May 2018, 10:54
What kind of clothes were you wearing when you did the Video Interview? I'm guessing it doesn't have to be suit and tie etc.
Probably not but on the other hand it won’t harm your chances. It is still a chance to appear professional.

Slow Progress
18th May 2018, 11:25
Does the second part go straight into the video interview after the tests or is there a gap for a break?

mboqseif
18th May 2018, 11:54
Does the second part go straight into the video interview after the tests or is there a gap for a break?

all the tests are in their own parts so you can select it whenever you want and if you wanted to, possibly even first which may not be a bad idea as the other tests may give you a little bit of a stressful time as tests normally do

Slow Progress
18th May 2018, 12:03
all the tests are in their own parts so you can select it whenever you want and if you wanted to, possibly even first which may not be a bad idea as the other tests may give you a little bit of a stressful time as tests normally do

Cheers for that. About to sit down for mine.👍

Lawrence2725
18th May 2018, 14:03
What kind of clothes were you wearing when you did the Video Interview? I'm guessing it doesn't have to be suit and tie etc.

Having done several of these video interviews before (mostly for engineering companies, admittedly), I'd advise you to dress as if you were going for a face-to-face interview.

ollie135
18th May 2018, 14:12
Does anyone know if the video interviews can only be done at specific times or if they are just recorded? Its just that I cant imagine there`ll be someone to do the interview late in the evening when I`m available.
Thanks

Craigf289
18th May 2018, 15:13
Just finished mine. If people are worrying about the video stage then I think you can turn the camera off when doing it (as in you won't see yourself But the webcam will still record) there's a button at the bottom of the page, this might put you at a bit more ease. Looking back at myself in the camera was a scary sight 😆 lol Try not to get flustered if you get a question wrong and try and enjoy the experience. This is my first assessment but i actually really enjoyed the interactive tests. Oh and like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, don't leave it till last minute as this is a cracking opportunity and it would be horrible for someone to miss out due to the site crashing etc.
Good luck everyone 😊

Erazer
18th May 2018, 15:15
Hi Everyone,

I have all complete, let’s do the last part with the video interview, has someone have a website for train
to this interview ?

what kind of questions was it ?

Thanks for all the answer :)

Craigf289
18th May 2018, 15:16
I'm not the only one then 😂good luck mate

shamrock_f22
18th May 2018, 15:18
Thanks for the tips everyone! Looking forward to doing the second part of mine tomorrow.

Slow Progress
18th May 2018, 16:11
Well that was an interesting experience!! Fluffed the complex control. Mouse didn’t like it!!

RG0828
18th May 2018, 16:38
Well that was an interesting experience!! Fluffed the complex control. Mouse didn’t like it!!

Hope you did well. Im using a Mac, would you recommend a mouse or is the touchpad suitable? Thanks

Jaair
18th May 2018, 17:57
Is the mouse scroll wheel required for any of the tests? Mine's not working so thought I should double check first!

Craigf289
18th May 2018, 18:07
Is the mouse scroll wheel required for any of the tests? Mine's not working so thought I should double check first!
no It's not needed, just need the right and left mouse button to work 😊

skoot
18th May 2018, 20:33
Locked out the final numerical assessment!! Wouldn’t let me go beyond the practice test! What’s the chances of getting a response over the weekend from them!

kiera325
18th May 2018, 20:37
This is my first pilot interview.. is anyone able to tell me if the interview involves questions related to aviation or if their personal based questions to let them know you more?

Also for the maths questions - Do they record you during these assessments and will I need some paper beside me?

interested123
18th May 2018, 21:08
Can you shed any light as to whether the video interview involves competency based questions (can you think of a time when..., give an example of when...)?

I dont want to know what it asks just to what extent I need to prepare for the video interview.

Also, I have a MacBook and only have access to a trackpad, will I be at a disadvantage?

thisishomebrand
18th May 2018, 22:34
Four questions in the video interview, I would just say prep like you prep for any other interview so would have some competency questions up your sleeve.

A trackpad would make it harder for one of the exercises in my opinion, but the rest should be fine

shamrockCE96
18th May 2018, 23:18
Can you do the assessments and then log back in to do the interview or do both assessments and interview have to be completed in the one sitting? I'm asking because id like to do the assessments on my computer but use my phone for the interview as I haven't got a camera on my computer?

Thanks.

david_rob1995
19th May 2018, 01:00
For info for anyone who hasn't completed the assessments yet. I doubt I performed well enough to warrant selection to the interview process so I'm happy to share what it was like so that those of you as desperate to achieve your career as me can get their best possible shot. I'm not fussed about how competitive it is, just want you folks to do the best you can:

Personality tests sort of are what they are. As the old cliche's go, answer them truthfully and honestly, if you try to cheat them you will get found out as there are a number of repeat questions that are essentially the same but worded differently. I just answered them instinctively, if they come back saying you don't have the correct personality to forge a career in this field then it is probably worth taking on-board.

If any of you have not prepared, I would recommend putting some last minute hours into PilotAptitudeTest or something similar as a lot of their testing software was similar to what came up in the assessments. They are tough but fair.

The numeracy tests are a very fair assessment if you have brushed up on your mental maths. I had admittedly not been up to speed due to my work commitments but two weeks of solid revision got me into a position to be able to answer them (I think/hope) to a reasonable standard. If you are up to speed with your quick mental maths then you should be fine.

The video interview questions were a tad surreal. Having focused my energy onto the psychometric and numeracy/maths elements in the past couple of weeks I probably was not as well versed as I should have been. However, have a rethink of a few points to elaborate on the questions are more than fair. (As a minor point, I went for an open collar Oxford shirt, not too formal, but enough to show I cared about appearance)

It's probably been said before but the best advice that can be given is to try and relax. The tests give you every opportunity to succeed.

I think my performance was a little bit short of the mark, but to all of you who get through, very best of luck as this seems like a world beating opportunity.

boppy
19th May 2018, 03:23
I'm not the only one then 😂good luck mate

Make that three, I found the whole thing difficult. Interview just felt awkward. Did anyone finish the math portion within the time given?
Also the hand eye coordination didn't go well for me, wish I used a mouse more often and played computer games
Best of luck everyone.

MorningPilot
19th May 2018, 04:09
Is anyone else experiencing a blank page after completing the contact info for the first questionnaire? I'm unable to move on because of this...tried different browsers and devices to no avail, so I sent an email to the tech team. I hope they can fix it today...

Battlegoat
19th May 2018, 05:03
Yep got the email, all due by Sunday
Can someone please confirm that it is according to my understanding until Sunday 23:59 and not until Saturday night?

thanks

skoot
19th May 2018, 08:01
Locked out the final numerical assessment!! Wouldn’t let me go beyond the practice test! What’s the chances of getting a response over the weekend from them!
somehow it unlocked itself over night. No email from cut-e though so maybe just a glitch. Anyone get an email when they finished everything to confirm? For some reason I can still log into the first assessment. Not sure why I checked again but after being locked out of it to begin with I assumed once we had completed it we would be locked out. Now I am wondering if it has logged my first attempt.

thisishomebrand
19th May 2018, 08:17
Can you do the assessments and then log back in to do the interview or do both assessments and interview have to be completed in the one sitting? I'm asking because id like to do the assessments on my computer but use my phone for the interview as I haven't got a camera on my computer?

Thanks.

Yes you can as far as I am aware, while the email recommends you do it all in one sitting, each test is individual component so you should be able to log out and back in.

skoot
19th May 2018, 08:48

Thanks.
yes. I started last night and finished this morning.

mjh2000har
19th May 2018, 09:20
Completed the tests about a day ago, some of them were easier than others, some of them I feel like I completely screwed up. I felt the maths test was very easy and I finished that with loads of time to spare, then again I do study Chemistry at university and have been studying much more advanced maths for a while now. Some of the other tests were considerably harder, like the orientation one for example.
I wish the best of luck to everyone who applies, may the best get through to the next stages.

LBAflyer22
19th May 2018, 09:23
somehow it unlocked itself over night. No email from cut-e though so maybe just a glitch. Anyone get an email when they finished everything to confirm? For some reason I can still log into the first assessment. Not sure why I checked again but after being locked out of it to begin with I assumed once we had completed it we would be locked out. Now I am wondering if it has logged my first attempt.

I have yet to sit the second part of the assessments however did the first ones when we got the initial email Wednesday. As reported on here people couldn't access the first assessments however i was a lucky one who sat and did that on Wednesday. When they re sent the email about the link; i questioned the email address and they said i wouldn't need to sit them as i had completed them.

Like you; i can still access the personality tests which i find weird. Should i complete them again? Or on the technical advice leave them alone?

Speed_Alive_V1
19th May 2018, 09:30
Is the deadline midnight tonight (Saturday night) or midnight tomorrow (Sunday night) guys?

shamrock_f22
19th May 2018, 10:23
Fluffed the monitoring ability test :(

Others were okay apart from verbal reasoning. Usually okay with that, will put it down to a bad day

skoot
19th May 2018, 11:07
Is the deadline midnight tonight (Saturday night) or midnight tomorrow (Sunday night) guys?
“This stage of the application process requires you to complete 2 stages of online assessments. Please complete these at your very earliest convenience, but no later than midnight Sunday 20th May.”

LBAflyer22
19th May 2018, 11:37
Done. Good luck to everyone. I fluffed some of my tests. The interview, if i'm honest, i quite enjoyed.

Still letting me sit the personality test which i find very weird and not able to understand.

shamrock_f22
19th May 2018, 13:21
Finished it all now. Video interview was tough IMO

Overall...don't think I'll be through to the next round. Great learning experience though, one of the hardest assessments I've done because of the breadth of topics.

Best of luck to everyone!! :)

pmm
19th May 2018, 13:25
All done. Found it quite challenging in places.

ManUtd1999
19th May 2018, 14:29
Well that's mine done! Very hard to judge how it went or how each assessment will be used. The computer games were a mixed bag, hopefully some sort of average score is used and not a pass/fail criteria for each. The video interview was weird but I imagine everyone thought that so who knows, in some ways I feel sorry for the HR team who have to sit through 100s of awkward responses.....

The personality test feels like a lottery. Maybe I'm just too cynical but ranking various vague statements and hypothetical behaviours doesn't feel like the best way to assess someones personality...

Now just the waiting game until interviews are scheduled. I imagine it will take quite a while to process it all so I don't expect any answers for a few weeks.

Chilly13
19th May 2018, 15:38
Completed the tests Thursday and did the interview this afternoon (interesting experience). Not amazingly happy with my English performance (worst subject at school all those years ago) but happy with the rest. No surprises on any of the tests and the maths was easier than expected. Hard to judge if i'll be going to Dublin or not so i'll just try and forget and play the waiting game. Good luck to all.

shamrock_f22
19th May 2018, 16:23
Did anyone get an email confirmation or notice a change in their application status after completing all the assessments? I've not had anything back yet, just wondered what to expect

Leonv108
19th May 2018, 16:43
Just done mine and im quite happy with the tasks to be honest. Nothing surprising on the spacial awareness etc tasks and the maths was easier than expected. The interview I also did enjoy though it was quite a new interesting experience for me.

May I ask what is the process for the whole recruitment scheme? Is there another round of online tests or invites to Dublin will be sent out?
Good luck to All!

MotoRinzler
19th May 2018, 16:57
“This stage of the application process requires you to complete 2 stages of online assessments. Please complete these at your very earliest convenience, but no later than midnight Sunday 20th May.”

I too had questioned this, so had to do some further reading. The term itself can be a little ambiguous as it can be used for both the end of a day and the start. In this situation the deadline could either be the instant we start entering the 20th or the moment it ends.

From a little further research it would seam as it's technically the start of a period but is widely used as an end. This is why many schedules use specific times such as 23:59 or 00:01; avoiding possible confusion.

Seeing what's at stake. I'd personally take the safer interpretation and ensure its done by 23:59hrs Sat 19th May.

eire123
19th May 2018, 17:15
Very interesting assessment overall, if nothing else it was a good experience. Really do hope I get called to next stage...

thisishomebrand
19th May 2018, 17:31
I found the interview and verbal reasoning the hardest out of the lot.

The personality questionaires are fairly standard things, would actually be interested to see the output.

pmm
19th May 2018, 18:59
Good luck to all. I found it quite challenging.

737ng_x
19th May 2018, 19:35
Hey,

One quick question, anyone knows if a PPL is considered as a "completed aviation-related apprenticeship" ?

Thanks !

fabienric
19th May 2018, 20:14
Hello everybody,

I've just got back from a trip and going to do this. I would like to know if are we allowed to use calculator in any assestments or no?

Thanks everybody, best of luck!

Danf911
19th May 2018, 21:15
Don't suppose I could be so rude to see what sort of questions come up in the interview? Just very nervous about it, thanks

skoot
19th May 2018, 22:10
I too had questioned this, so had to do some further reading. The term itself can be a little ambiguous as it can be used for both the end of a day and the start. In this situation the deadline could either be the instant we start entering the 20th or the moment it ends.

From a little further research it would seam as it's technically the start of a period but is widely used as an end. This is why many schedules use specific times such as 23:59 or 00:01; avoiding possible confusion.

Seeing what's at stake. I'd personally take the safer interpretation and ensure its done by 23:59hrs Sat 19th May.

I would certainly agree to do it today!. I am glad my issue with being locked out of one of the tests resolved itself though as my emails to cut-e went unanswered. I even emailed AL too but they just directed me back to cut-e email address. If anyone has technical problems I wouldn’t hold out much hope of support. Either way I am done now although not had any email to confirm. Jope
it goes well for everyone else.

flybynightya
20th May 2018, 06:18

Finished my section 2 items yesterday, but went back to check and it still lets me log in, so if you still haven't finished it, you have time.

Danf911
20th May 2018, 06:41
Hey guys, I feel rude asking but would someone be able to shine some light on what kind of questions they ask in the interview? Have been studying the cut e tests throughout the past few days but have no idea about the interview... tia

Mantis018
20th May 2018, 07:20
Good luck to all who have applied!
I just have the video interview left to do, which I'll do after work today. Just wondering, do you get only one attempt at each question or is there a limited amount of retakes?

OllieG7
20th May 2018, 07:56
All completed, found the interview questions fairly basic and general.

Online tests much and such

Best of luck to all

antoniosilvestre
20th May 2018, 08:33
Do you know, from previous years experience, how long it may take to receive the feedback from these first online assessment?
Thank you!

MAT1991
20th May 2018, 11:51
Hi,

I have been locked out of the verbal reasoning test because my PC decided to restart frustratingly. I can no longer get back into it - does anyone know how to get around this?

charliewheeler97
20th May 2018, 12:21
Just completed - video interview I found tough and quite awkward, would be much easier face to face I feel. Good luck to everyone else

Fostex
20th May 2018, 14:48
Did anyone get an email confirmation or notice a change in their application status after completing all the assessments? I've not had anything back yet, just wondered what to expect

No, was wondering the same, all assessments are marked as completed but no additional confirmation email

Kaylou
20th May 2018, 14:48
MAT1991 I had the same sort of issue with the verbal reasoning and it showed as blocked. I emailed them explaining what happened and they unblocked it but it did take a few hours. Also the email saying they had done this went into junk so worth checking in there if nothing shows in your inbox. Good luck!

Kuyashi
20th May 2018, 15:04
Does anyone have an idea on the timeline for when invites/rejections would be sent out once the current stage deadline has passed?

GGL
20th May 2018, 16:17
Hello everyone.
I just completed both of the assessments but I have a doubt. I wanted to check if my first assessment had been completed properly and I re-entered it. I get nothing saying that I already done it, it just gives me the page to start it over again. (with serial number and TAN pre-filled) Altough when i put the TAN code they gave it says the link is not usable anymore. Does that happen to you too? should i take it again? Thanks!

skoot
20th May 2018, 17:27
Hey guys, I feel rude asking but would someone be able to shine some light on what kind of questions they ask in the interview? Have been studying the cut e tests throughout the past few days but have no idea about the interview... tia
Dont mean to appear rude but you can probably understand why people might not want to give too much away. The questions are fairly normal interview questions that you shouldn’t have too much difficulty answering. It was certainly different answering questions on my own just stating back at the screen though.

skoot
20th May 2018, 18:00
Hello everyone.
I just completed both of the assessments but I have a doubt. I wanted to check if my first assessment had been completed properly and I re-entered it. I get nothing saying that I already done it, it just gives me the page to start it over again. (with serial number and TAN pre-filled) Altough when i put the TAN code they gave it says the link is not usable anymore. Does that happen to you too? should i take it again? Thanks!
Same happened to me and others that have commented on here. I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that if it has happened to so many it must be ok.

skoot
20th May 2018, 18:01
MAT1991 I had the same sort of issue with the verbal reasoning and it showed as blocked. I emailed them explaining what happened and they unblocked it but it did take a few hours. Also the email saying they had done this went into junk so worth checking in there if nothing shows in your inbox. Good luck!

i has the same issue and emailed them. It did get unlocked but they didn’t email me to say so. I just logged in the next day and it was unlocked.

ShaneEire90
20th May 2018, 19:12
Lads. Has anyone had trouble with the video interview? After the example question mine skipped forward to question number 2 and I can't seem to retake it. I've emailed support but no response as of yet :(

Moy26
20th May 2018, 19:26
Locked out of applied numeracy test before I even started the first question, completed everything else but now I face a nervous wait to see if it will be reset before tonight’s deadline. Unfortunately haven’t had an opportunity to complete until today, does anybody have any contact information for cut-e that isn’t the email address stated in the email?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kfitz100
20th May 2018, 19:31
Do you know, from previous years experience, how long it may take to receive the feedback from these first online assessment?
Thank you!

Should be approximately three weeks.

Leonv108
20th May 2018, 20:01
May i know if theres a second round of online tests or will they be shortlisting individuals for interview at dublin?

coolsuper1998
20th May 2018, 20:18
My computer crashed and restarted the page when I was doing the work related behaviour and interview. So now I have been blocked on the work behaviour and unable to complete my interview. Emailed Aer Lingus twice with a space of 3 hours but no response. Checked the trash box aswell. So unfortunate.

cpt3p
20th May 2018, 20:34
I used the mapTQ app to do the interview and as I clicked next to start question 1 the app froze and crashed. When trying again I was prompt to do question 2 even though I had not even seen the first question let alone attempt it.

I did all the remaining 3/4 questions and sent an email to Aer Lingus notifying them about this.

Do you guys think this will disqualify me or would they proceed to use just the 3 questions in reviewing my application?

gregc320
20th May 2018, 21:08
Does anyone know from experience or knowledge what the actual chances of being awarded one of these cadetships are?
Like, would you literally need the same amount of luck of winning the lotto?...obviously provided you have a good test + interview

flymetothemoon123
20th May 2018, 21:25
I know i am doing this very late, but this has literally been my only opportunity to do this, but my video interview wont work. It wont let me start the questions. Keeps saying Error transmitting the data. What on earth do i do!! I emailed the email address they provided about a different problem but haven't got a response yet. So stressed out right now. TIA

Speed_Alive_V1
20th May 2018, 21:31
The assessment website is currently down due to overload of users (Error 503). Goes to show the number that have applied...

Hvy_m
20th May 2018, 21:38
The assessment website is currently down due to overload of users (Error 503). Goes to show the number that have applied...
yea it sucks I'm trying to get on :( , I sent them 2 emails already hopefully they get it back up and running cause they did say midnight :O

Airliner74
20th May 2018, 21:38
I have had the sames errors occurred I don't know how to do ? maybe they will let them to have under tommorow midnight

Salopsparky
20th May 2018, 21:53
Goes to show how many are trying to get their applications in at the last minute.
I've spent the last few days doing maths refreshers and practice assessments from various websites. I only have the multitasking test and video interview left to complete, but like everyone else, I can't get in.

directlapmo
20th May 2018, 21:55

Yeah tell me about it!!

Unfortunately this was my earliest opportunity to do it and it looks like I will miss out. I completed everything and I had to defer the video interview until this evening. Trying since 2130 to login and nothing. Very disappointing if it does not come back online or provide an extension......

Madrid25
21st May 2018, 12:15
Now that the assesments are over could you tell us what kind of questions were they asking in the online interview? Just for future references for other interviews.

Hvy_m
21st May 2018, 12:40
Interview went well website cut me off lastnight but they gave me an extension but i done it this morning so it was fine, the tests sucks my mouse was so crap everytime i tried to turn it went super fast i did super bad in the tests lol but hopefully my interview made up for it and my slight experience in already working on my private pilots licence , GL to all

Leonv108
21st May 2018, 12:43
Some people have no completed tests due to an error last night. You are giving away things that perhaps you should not.
how do you know about this?

cpt3p
21st May 2018, 14:10
This video is an example of the spatial orientation test provided but Cut-e. (I am unable to provide a link as I don't have 10 posts yet but if you search cut-e spatial orientation in Youtube it should be the first video)

Can anyone explain to me why the first example is done that way and why the plane isn't placed on block 8? When I completed my test I used the logic shown in the test examples (very similar to the video) even though it didn't quite make sense to me and now I fear I got all of them wrong :/

Thank You!

ana36
21st May 2018, 15:53
41 here.... :eek:
36 here and a woman...hihhi

ana36
21st May 2018, 15:59
No, was wondering the same, all assessments are marked as completed but no additional confirmation email
For the first 3 assesssment on the second part an error occurred( said no internet connection although i had good connection) and couldn't go on ...but the rest worked fine...did not discourage and tried them all..... the behavioural ones were not scored right?

ana36
21st May 2018, 16:04
i am really curious to know how many have applied ...is there any woman on this forum ....just wondering ......i've seen many of you are very prepared ..congratulation....i am just a nurse....a crazy one hihih...

Chilly13
21st May 2018, 18:44

This man called it. Why do people leave it to the last minute? :ugh:

j_m_s
21st May 2018, 21:44
Hi all,

I completed all the assessments on Sunday evening, including the recorded interview, however having logged in today.. it is still showing that I haven't completed the interview?

Is anyone else having this problem? Slightly concerned!

Many thanks in advance.

JM31
21st May 2018, 22:11
This video is an example of the spatial orientation test provided but Cut-e. (I am unable to provide a link as I don't have 10 posts yet but if you search cut-e spatial orientation in Youtube it should be the first video)

Can anyone explain to me why the first example is done that way and why the plane isn't placed on block 8? When I completed my test I used the logic shown in the test examples (very similar to the video) even though it didn't quite make sense to me and now I fear I got all of them wrong :/

Thank You!

Hi there ! I think the Gyro gives you the heading of the plane (N, S, E, W) so that you have to choose the direction of the plane. For the RBI, it indicates that you are between south and east, and it is represented as a matrix (with the numbers 1, 2, 3 ...), so you just have to drop the plane on the corresponding case (case n°4 in this exemple because it is between south (case 5) and east (case 3)). I did all the same way, but don't know if it's good or not...

Correct me if i'm wrong ! Good luck to all !

BravoAlphaWhiskey
22nd May 2018, 00:36
The first example shown on the Cut-e Spatial Orientation Youtube video is correct.
The GYRO indicates in which direction the aircraft flies, while the RBI shows which direction the non directional beacon is located in always relative to the flight direction/longitudinal axis of the aircraft.

Regarding the Youtube Video, had you put the aircraft in position 8, it would have meant that the non directional beacon was at NW, and not SE as the RBI shows.
Just think it this way: the GYRO shows the aircraft is flying South, so you choose the aircraft pointing down. Then the RBI shows the non directional beacon (the centre) is at SE, which basically means it is behind (South) and on the right (East) of the aircraft. The correct position is therefore position number 4.

Other example: GYRO says North and RBI says North West. You select the aircraft pointing up North, then the RBI saying NW tells you that the non directional beacon is above (North) and on the left (West) of the aircraft. Therefore the correct position is the number 4.

The explanation is certainly not one of the bests and can be confusing but hopefully this helps you.

Very methodological and exactly the same approach I used to answer those questions. Good advice here!

TandO
22nd May 2018, 06:48
i am really curious to know how many have applied ...is there any woman on this forum ....just wondering ......i've seen many of you are very prepared ..congratulation....i am just a nurse....a crazy one hihih...

Hi I'm also a nurse and a woman!! Good luck to all

aravindsasi
22nd May 2018, 11:45
I found verbal reasoning as the most difficult...

ana36
22nd May 2018, 13:05
I found verbal reasoning as the most difficult...
hi everybody...i 've received an email and i was deblocked for 2 of the assessments(3 were blocked initially) ..must do them until midnight 22.05.18...good thing i checked spam emails...wasn't expecting any email at this stage....and yes verbal reasoning was quite hard i would say....

thisishomebrand
22nd May 2018, 15:11
The first example shown on the Cut-e Spatial Orientation Youtube video is correct.
The GYRO indicates in which direction the aircraft flies, while the RBI shows which direction the non directional beacon is located in always relative to the flight direction/longitudinal axis of the aircraft.

Regarding the Youtube Video, had you put the aircraft in position 8, it would have meant that the non directional beacon was at NW, and not SE as the RBI shows.
Just think it this way: the GYRO shows the aircraft is flying South, so you choose the aircraft pointing down. Then the RBI shows the non directional beacon (the centre) is at SE, which basically means it is behind (South) and on the right (East) of the aircraft. The correct position is therefore position number 4.

Other example: GYRO says North and RBI says North West. You select the aircraft pointing up North, then the RBI saying NW tells you that the non directional beacon is above (North) and on the left (West) of the aircraft. Therefore the correct position is the number 4.

The explanation is certainly not one of the bests and can be confusing but hopefully this helps you.

That make so much more sense than their explanation. I think given my rush to finish the tests before my holiday I may have done it completely wrong.

PianomanEI
22nd May 2018, 16:46
how do you know about this?
because people reported it on these forums that the system crashed. An extension has been provided to people that were unable to complete tests on Sunday evening.
i was pointing this out to someone that posted their interview questions on here.

interested123
22nd May 2018, 17:30
I have managed to complete all of the assessment on time apart from the video interview section which I am experiencing technical issues with. I am able to record my example answers perfectly fine, camera and microphone working, playback working etc. The 'upload' example is also working fine, however when I move on to record my actual interview questions all I get is a blank screen.

I have sent various emails to cut-e over the past two days trying to resolve the issue but to no avail. I have tried everything I can think of. All my cookies and browsing history have been reset, my chrome and flash player are up-to-date and security settings on medium.

I realise this is 'last chance saloon' but any techies or IT whizz on here that can assist would be greatly appreciated - deadline is midnight.

Thanks

Jetstream alpha
22nd May 2018, 17:34
I have managed to complete all of the assessment on time apart from the video interview section which I am experiencing technical issues with. I am able to record my example answers perfectly fine, camera and microphone working, playback working etc. The 'upload' example is also working fine, however when I move on to record my actual interview questions all I get is a blank screen.

I have sent various emails to cut-e over the past two days trying to resolve the issue but to no avail. I have tried everything I can think of. All my cookies and browsing history have been reset, my chrome and flash player are up-to-date and security settings on medium.

I realise this is 'last chance saloon' but any techies or IT whizz on here that can assist would be greatly appreciated - deadline is midnight.

Thanks

Have you tried using a different browser?

BT97
22nd May 2018, 18:34
Lads and Ladies,

Hope you’re all not stressing too much, you’ve all finished the exams and they’re out of your hands now so nothing to panic over...

just out out of curiosity, is there any of you applying for the Aer Lingus programme who aren’t from Ireland and therefore would be relocating if they got the job?

antoniosilvestre
22nd May 2018, 18:45
By curiosity, I have done a small search via LinkedIn to estimate what is the probability of a non-Irish candidate to get a final offer for this programme.
I came up with an estimated value of less than 3%, meaning that almost all the cadets are Irish, or seeing with another perspective, a non-Irish would be hired every two programmes.
I completely understand this trend since Aer Lingus is a flag company, indicating that they prefer to give priority to their nationals.
My final conclusion is that, if you are not Irish, then you must have an incredible CV, much probably with aviation related highlights, and be, let's say, in the top 5 of all applicants.
I hope all my numbers and conclusions are completely wrong!! AHah
Have you ever thought about this? If yes, what is your opinion on the subject?