PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet MPL 2017

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

EGPF
5th Apr 2018, 13:03
To all,

I have received an email which states that the L3 Generation easyJet program will close on the 11th April 2018... 2 months ahead of time.

Radarfire
5th Apr 2018, 13:42
To all,

I have received an email which states that the L3 Generation easyJet program will close on the 11th April 2018... 2 months ahead of time.

Hi.

What does this mean do you think for those of us currently partway through the assessments? Is it likely there just aren't any spaces left?

thisishomebrand
5th Apr 2018, 14:43
I would have thought there would be, why not just close it now otherwise.

I think they would have to make an allowance too for that fact that some people will dropout for various reasons.

EGPF
5th Apr 2018, 14:47
Hi.

What does this mean do you think for those of us currently partway through the assessments? Is it likely there just aren't any spaces left?

If your doing the assessments, an email should've appeared in regards to this.

ko12aai
5th Apr 2018, 21:39
Hi,
I am new to this forum however, week ago I have booked myself for Day 1 assessment which is taking place after the closing date. I have still received email with the closing date and now wondering what should I do. If I don't attend I will probably lose my money which is not good.
Any idea if easyJet will consider my application even though my assessment is taking place after closing date?
or do you think they will reopen within a year?

Many Thanks!

EGPF
6th Apr 2018, 10:07
Anyone going to the day 1 assessment on the 16th?

EGPF
6th Apr 2018, 10:23
Hi,
I am new to this forum however, week ago I have booked myself for Day 1 assessment which is taking place after the closing date. I have still received email with the closing date and now wondering what should I do. If I don't attend I will probably lose my money which is not good.
Any idea if easyJet will consider my application even though my assessment is taking place after closing date?
or do you think they will reopen within a year?

Many Thanks!

I am in the same position and in my understanding, easyJet will still be considering people after the applications close if they have booked an assessment day.

LandingGear60
6th Apr 2018, 11:28
Just spoke to L3 and they would want any last applications to sit their interviews and selections through this month and May, which unfortunately is not suitable for me with some important exams first (I was hoping to defer my selection days until the Summer). On the other hand, CAE Oxford is open for another 3 years and I can do the exams whenever, but their start date is backlogged until Summer 2019.

They recommended I go on whitetail where you are still likely to receive offers from easyJet and are super-flexible on start-dates. The only downside to whitetail before was the loan repayments during the employment hold-pool but that's not so much an issue for me anymore. Anyone have any recommendations? Anyone else in a similar position?

Diving_Aviator
6th Apr 2018, 12:00
Just spoke to L3 and they would want any last applications to sit their interviews and selections through this month and May, which unfortunately is not suitable for me with some important exams first (I was hoping to defer my selection days until the Summer). On the other hand, CAE Oxford is open for another 3 years and I can do the exams whenever, but their start date is backlogged until Summer 2019.

They recommended I go on whitetail where you are still likely to receive offers from easyJet and are super-flexible on start-dates. The only downside to whitetail before was the loan repayments during the employment hold-pool but that's not so much an issue for me anymore. Anyone have any recommendations? Anyone else in a similar position?

I have been informed that EasyJet are no longer recruiting from the pool... few people are in fact. Can someone else confirm?

LandingGear60
6th Apr 2018, 12:08
I have been informed that EasyJet are no longer recruiting from the pool... few people are in fact. Can someone else confirm?

Oh no, I was hoping this wouldn't be true. CAE Oxford explained to me that the Generation easyJet program was to guarantee a certain number of pilots for the airline while they still offer to jobs to whitetail hold pools since the program was to secure a certain number of jobs. I'm not too sure which is my best option.

ko12aai
6th Apr 2018, 12:32
Guys,

Correct me if Im wrong.
From my understanding easyJet is closing its application process on 11th April 2018. Those who are booked for assessments after 11 of April they can still become easyJet cadets providing that they have passed all the assessments before May 2018?.

Any idea when easyJet may reopen again? (was there similar scenario previously and if so, how long it took them to re-open applications?)

Thanks.

LandingGear60
6th Apr 2018, 14:33
Guys,

Correct me if Im wrong.
From my understanding easyJet is closing its application process on 11th April 2018. Those who are booked for assessments after 11 of April they can still become easyJet cadets providing that they have passed all the assessments before May 2018?.

Any idea when easyJet may reopen again? (was there similar scenario previously and if so, how long it took them to re-open applications?)

Thanks.

I guess you only mean in L3, I don't think they are announcing a re-opening date yet, but I'm hoping it's not too long in the future. However, CAE is open with no close date

ko12aai
6th Apr 2018, 15:18
I guess you only mean in L3, I don't think they are announcing a re-opening date yet, but I'm hoping it's not too long in the future. However, CAE is open with no close date

yes, I did meant L3.
Any idea why L3 closes now and CAE keeps going (it's still easyJet MPL - just different training provider) ?

Cheers.

LandingGear60
6th Apr 2018, 16:02
yes, I did meant L3.
Any idea why L3 closes now and CAE keeps going (it's still easyJet MPL - just different training provider) ?

Cheers.

No idea unfortunately. On the phone today to CAE and they told me it was a 5 year course, and they're 2 years into it. This could be easyJet's decision or possibly L3 have reached a limit/number of cadets, who knows. I believe this course opened in CAE a few months before L3 too if I remember correctly

Jetstream alpha
6th Apr 2018, 21:15
Currently waiting for route allocation. Does anyone know if you can be downgraded from the route you were originally streamed for? ie if I met the standards for MPL and my application was accepted to that 'stream' but I don't quite make the cut due to competition, is there a chance I will be 'downgraded' to route 2 or 3?

gary2018
6th Apr 2018, 21:42
Currently waiting for route allocation. Does anyone know if you can be downgraded from the route you were originally streamed for? ie if I met the standards for MPL and my application was accepted to that 'stream' but I don't quite make the cut due to competition, is there a chance I will be 'downgraded' to route 2 or 3?

Same position as myself. Your route allocation depends on overall performance at selection. The required academic qualifications only open the door to route possibilities but ultimately its down to your results

Adlane
7th Apr 2018, 01:12

You are correct. Easyjet are happy with the numbers at the moment coming in via cadets on 1, 2 & 3 routes. Plus the ex Air Berlin and monarch pilots. They stopped interviews and are just catching up with type ratings for the non tagged cadets that were hired via the hold pools. I know of a few people that have had to wait for about a year for a type rating date after being successful in interview.

Alvor
7th Apr 2018, 07:26
Same position as myself. Your route allocation depends on overall performance at selection. The required academic qualifications only open the door to route possibilities but ultimately its down to your results

That’s interesting as on our selection day, the lady at L3 said that academics would now be referred to when making the final decision and we interpreted it as, school/uni results would play a part in the route allocation.

gary2018
7th Apr 2018, 10:23
That’s interesting as on our selection day, the lady at L3 said that academics would now be referred to when making the final decision and we interpreted it as, school/uni results would play a part in the route allocation.
I think the email says something like 'we will be in touch in the coming weeks to confirm your route allocation, subject to your results.' My understanding is this is your results at selection. Obviously you need to have the minimum academic qualifications to be considered for route 1. This I suppose is where your academic record comes in. I could be wrong though! But realistically you could have a PhD and just about pass Pilapt, maths, group exercises and interview. In this case you might just miss out on route 1. This is only my understanding and opinion, but could be wrong!

Jetstream alpha
7th Apr 2018, 10:47
I'd imagine its all taken into account when allocating routes tbh. Guess none of us know for sure as we're not involved with easyJet HR :P I too was told in the presentation that academics would be taken into account for route allocation but unsure if it was just, like you said gary minimum requirements for route 1 allocation.

My question was mostly about whether you are restricted to only route 1 or 2 if you meet the academic standards as knowing there are more spaces on route 3 would really not want to miss out on at least a spot on a tagged program.

gary2018
7th Apr 2018, 11:48
I'd imagine its all taken into account when allocating routes tbh. Guess none of us know for sure as we're not involved with easyJet HR :P I too was told in the presentation that academics would be taken into account for route allocation but unsure if it was just, like you said gary minimum requirements for route 1 allocation.

My question was mostly about whether you are restricted to only route 1 or 2 if you meet the academic standards as knowing there are more spaces on route 3 would really not want to miss out on at least a spot on a tagged program.
Let me know how you get on! Have you sorted class 1 yet?

Jetstream alpha
7th Apr 2018, 11:59
Let me know how you get on! Have you sorted class 1 yet?

Not yet, am waiting for route allocation to be honest. Don't think I would take the white tail offer as it's a lot of money without a guaranteed job.. I'm pretty flexible on start dates and we were told the earliest courses we would be able to get on would be August / September so have time. How about you?

We were told that route allocation for the current 'batch' would take place next week. If not selected you're then rolled over to the next 2 month batch so will find out route allocation or white tail end of May-ish.

gary2018
7th Apr 2018, 12:30
Not yet, am waiting for route allocation to be honest. Don't think I would take the white tail offer as it's a lot of money without a guaranteed job.. I'm pretty flexible on start dates and we were told the earliest courses we would be able to get on would be August / September so have time. How about you?

We were told that route allocation for the current 'batch' would take place next week. If not selected you're then rolled over to the next 2 month batch so will find out route allocation or white tail end of May-ish.

Yeah we were told the same. When did you do your 2nd day? I havent sorted medical as yet. Currently checking prices and deciding where to go. Might get an IAA one as cheaper for me and change to CAA before training commences.

Ciaran Kennedy
7th Apr 2018, 14:36
Yeah we were told the same. When did you do your 2nd day? I havent sorted medical as yet. Currently checking prices and deciding where to go. Might get an IAA one as cheaper for me and change to CAA before training commences.

As far as I’ve read online the CAA accepts an IAA medical the same as a CAA one but not the other way around. They should all really be the same standard as they’re all based off EASA standards.

j.bay90
7th Apr 2018, 16:46
Anyone on EZMP31?

gary2018
7th Apr 2018, 18:03
As far as I’ve read online the CAA accepts an IAA medical the same as a CAA one but not the other way around. They should all really be the same standard as they’re all based off EASA standards.

Exactly! As far as this programme is concerned, easyJet have confirmed an initial class 1 from another EU state is fine however it must be changed to the CAA for commencing training. This is essentially an admin function and costs about 50 quid to change. Its easier for me to jump in the car and head to Dublin. At 450 euro the price is rather attractive too!!

gary2018
7th Apr 2018, 18:06
Anyone on EZMP31?

Best of luck for the start of your training! Hopefully see you at groundschool if I get on a route! Thanks for your encouragement earlier in this process when I thought I was too old!!

j.bay90
7th Apr 2018, 21:30
Best of luck for the start of your training! Hopefully see you at groundschool if I get on a route! Thanks for your encouragement earlier in this process when I thought I was too old!!

Great to see you have a crack. Look forward to hearing from how you go

j.bay90
7th Apr 2018, 21:47
If any of you are on CP194 or CP197, we have started a Facebook group (EZMP31 & EZMP32). Would be good to know some of you before start dates.

ko12aai
8th Apr 2018, 14:17
Hi,

I have my day 1 test coming up soon which is Technical - Mental Arithmetic and PILAPT. I have heard that the best way to revise for Pilapt is via using SkyTest.
On the letter from L3 easyJet I have been told that the PILAPT tests I will undertake are as follow.
1. Hand/eye-coordination
2. Psychomotor Tracking
3. Mechanical Reasoning
4. Spital Orientation/awareness
5. Numeracy Skills
6. Capacity
On the SkyTest software I purchased under the "UK Pilot Aptitude" section I don't seem to have all these tests listed above. The tests that are available on this software are as follow:
1. Grid Concentration Test
2. Hands Information Processing Test
3. ILS Tracking Test
4. Multidimensional Capacity Test
5. Pattern Recognition Test
Are these tests similar to what will come up on assessment day? Since the titles are bit different and also there is nothing about Psychomotor Tracking or Mechanical Reasoning?

Thanks.

Michael249
9th Apr 2018, 00:39

Just changed my IAA medical to a CAA one and it took at least 5 weeks if not more and cost £75. Be prepared to wait. However L3 didn't mind and said I could just forward it on once I got it

NeoA320
9th Apr 2018, 15:43
Anyone in EZMP30?

benshaw
9th Apr 2018, 17:18
Does anyone have any recommendations for pre-course reading?

I have six months until I start with L3 and have been given access to my Padpilot ATPL iBooks. Do any current or previous cadets have any recommendations on particularly hard topics/ concepts that would be beneficial getting my head around before starting.

gary2018
9th Apr 2018, 17:37
Just changed my IAA medical to a CAA one and it took at least 5 weeks if not more and cost £75. Be prepared to wait. However L3 didn't mind and said I could just forward it on once I got it

Thanks. I'll probably just fly across and get a CAA medical to save any hassle.

gary2018
9th Apr 2018, 17:39
Anybody recommend any particular aeromedical centre for an initial class 1??

Ciaran Kennedy
9th Apr 2018, 17:47

Did you ask your Irish AME to sign off on the transfer? Or did you just send a copy of all the information they need with the form filled out to the CAA?

EGPF
9th Apr 2018, 18:29
Anybody recommend any particular aeromedical centre for an initial class 1??

I believe there are only a couple of AEMCs that are certified to do initials. Check the UK CAA for AEMCs that are.

I know theres one in Gatwick.

gary2018
9th Apr 2018, 18:44
I believe there are only a couple of AEMCs that are certified to do initials. Check the UK CAA for AEMCs that are.

I know theres one in Gatwick.

Thanks for your reply. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or otherwise for the few that are there

EGPF
9th Apr 2018, 19:48
Anyone for Day 1 on the 16th April? I'll be going - stressful times...

j.bay90
9th Apr 2018, 19:50
Anyone for Day 1 on the 16th April? I'll be going - stressful times...

Good luck. You will be fine!

j.bay90
9th Apr 2018, 19:51
Yes I am. I have sent you a PM.

We have EZMP30 people in the Facebook group. Feel free to add yourselves in!

EGPF
9th Apr 2018, 19:52
Good luck. You will be fine!

I can only hope so! Thank you :)

Inmric
10th Apr 2018, 16:34
Do you know if at this programme, are foreigners really welcome at assessments? I mean, Brexit is quite near now. Do they rather choose UK nationals? Or at least, make it easier for them?

Ciaran Kennedy
10th Apr 2018, 16:43
Do you know if at this programme, are foreigners really welcome at assessments? I mean, Brexit is quite near now. Do they rather choose UK nationals? Or at least, make it easier for them?

Absolutely. I had a French man attend Stage 2 and a Spanish man at Stage 3. Once you have fluent English it doesn’t matter. EasyJet have far more bases than just the UK, so don’t let that put you off it. EasyJet I have heard are very sensitive to the topic of equal opportunities as an employer so you have as much chance as a UK person if you are good enough

EGPF
10th Apr 2018, 16:57

If you have the right to work/live in the EU, then that is fine.

If you show the right competency and will, then nationality shouldn't be a problem.

While I cannot comment on the potential impact of Brexit, I believe you should apply as long as you fit the above criteria (inc. the other criteria on L3/CAE easyJet web-page.)

EGPF
10th Apr 2018, 21:53
When do I have to do the Cut-e tests? (Assessment 1 on 16th)

Jetstream alpha
10th Apr 2018, 23:37
Cut-e are done prior to your day 2 assessment. You'll get an email with instructions. Contrary to my previous post its just the personality test section (I had misinterpreted some info which applied to white tail candidates who I believe have to do the other parts of the cut-e)

EGPF
11th Apr 2018, 08:26
Cut-e are done prior to your day 2 assessment. You'll get an email with instructions. Contrary to my previous post its just the personality test section (I had misinterpreted some info which applied to white tail candidates who I believe have to do the other parts of the cut-e)

Ah good, thank you!

Coppo
11th Apr 2018, 11:04
About to enter my 6th week waiting for Route Allocation...how long has everyone else in the same position been waiting? :cool:

Alvor
11th Apr 2018, 13:43
About to enter my 6th week waiting for Route Allocation...how long has everyone else in the same position been waiting? :cool:

Same here, L3?

Coppo
11th Apr 2018, 13:46
Same here, L3?
Yea, Day 2 selection passed at the beginning of March

gary2018
11th Apr 2018, 14:07

Think they do it in 8 week batches. We were told it should be by the end of this week...email being constantly refreshed!!

Coppo
11th Apr 2018, 15:30
Think they do it in 8 week batches. We were told it should be by the end of this week...email being constantly refreshed!!
Very exciting! Where/when did you hear this?

Alvor
11th Apr 2018, 22:35
Yea, Day 2 selection passed at the beginning of March

6th, 7th or 8th by any chance? 🧐

gary2018
12th Apr 2018, 05:44
Very exciting! Where/when did you hear this?
We were told during our presentation at selection. Fingers crossed they are still on track for that! Fair play to you guys and girls who are at the start of the recent batch, having to pretty much wait the full 8 weeks. My head would be done in!!

SANDBLASTER
12th Apr 2018, 09:18
Anyone else noticed the Generation easyJet programme appears to be temporarily closed?

EGPF
12th Apr 2018, 10:55
Anyone else noticed the Generation easyJet programme appears to be temporarily closed?

Yep, its passed the 11th as they stated would be the closing date. Interesting they said "temporarily closed", suggesting that in the not so distant future as thought, it will open again...

SANDBLASTER
12th Apr 2018, 12:03
Thought it was closing July 1st. Did they bring it forward ?

EGPF
12th Apr 2018, 12:05
Thought it was closing July 1st. Did they bring it forward ?

Yes, they brought it forward.

SANDBLASTER
12th Apr 2018, 12:12
OK thanks, any idea if it is still open at CAE, or has that also closed temporarily?

EGPF
12th Apr 2018, 12:25
OK thanks, any idea if it is still open at CAE, or has that also closed temporarily?

Looks like you can still apply so yeah, its open.

SANDBLASTER
12th Apr 2018, 12:34
Thanks for that, interesting. Hopefully will also re open soon at L3.

EGPF
12th Apr 2018, 12:45
Thanks for that, interesting. Hopefully will also re open soon at L3.

No problem! :)

LandingGear60
12th Apr 2018, 19:51

My guess is the temporary 'closure' is due to a backlog of cadets to be placed. CAE is still open, but rather than closing they are just backlogging classes with the next start date of late Summer 2019! I'm not sure about FTE Jerez. Hopefully we can find out some info from Pilot Careers Live this Saturday

Diving_Aviator
12th Apr 2018, 20:18
My guess is the temporary 'closure' is due to a backlog of cadets to be placed. CAE is still open, but rather than closing they are just backlogging classes with the next start date of late Summer 2019! I'm not sure about FTE Jerez. Hopefully we can find out some info from Pilot Careers Live this Saturday

No scheme at FTE currently, Easy are recruiting directly from self sponsored cadets. Most people have jobs with some months of training to go.

PPRuNeUser0128
13th Apr 2018, 09:34
Got my Day 1 assessment today, and just wondering by any shot if anyone else has theirs too!

EGPF
13th Apr 2018, 10:07
Got my Day 1 assessment today, and just wondering by any shot if anyone else has theirs too!

Couple of posts back, I'm sure someone said they were going today.

Best of luck though!

ad10
13th Apr 2018, 14:33
Heard anything back yet mate? I went to last months selection day and haven't heard anything yet

Coppo
13th Apr 2018, 17:07
We were told during our presentation at selection. Fingers crossed they are still on track for that! Fair play to you guys and girls who are at the start of the recent batch, having to pretty much wait the full 8 weeks. My head would be done in!!
Had nothing through today...I guess the waiting continues :cool:

Jetstream alpha
13th Apr 2018, 19:07
Haven't received anything either. Fingers crossed they're just taking a bit longer than planned rather than all of us being rolled over to the next 8 week batch

gary2018
14th Apr 2018, 09:31
Haven't received anything either. Fingers crossed they're just taking a bit longer than planned rather than all of us being rolled over to the next 8 week batch

It will be worth it all in the end!!

EGPF
14th Apr 2018, 11:34
One last time I ask,

Anyone attending Day 1 on the 16th of April?

PM me.

nikoflyer
16th Apr 2018, 04:21
Do you have any update on how long it is to start the training once you have been allocated a route? Is it different from one flight school to another?

EGPF
16th Apr 2018, 17:25
That's Day 1 done for me... Mixed feelings...

gary2018
16th Apr 2018, 17:29
That's Day 1 done for me... Mixed feelings...

You'll be fine! Let us know how you get on. Any updated info re allocation of routes or training dates?

EGPF
16th Apr 2018, 17:41
You'll be fine! Let us know how you get on. Any updated info re allocation of routes or training dates?

They said they take up to 8 weeks to allocate routes and that courses will probably start in October/November.

Thank you!

gary2018
16th Apr 2018, 17:46
They said they take up to 8 weeks to allocate routes and that courses will probably start in October/November.

Thank you!
Good to hear they are still on track for autumn/winter!
Thanks for the update and best of luck for the next stage

EGPF
16th Apr 2018, 17:53
Good to hear they are still on track for autumn/winter!
Thanks for the update and best of luck for the next stage

No problem, I can only hope I get next stage :)

My scores if I remember correctly,

Deviation indicator: 6,7,8
Flying through boxes: 6,6,6 (annoying 0 improvement :( though no drops in score..)
Multitask: 10 hits, 6 missed.

Jetstream alpha
16th Apr 2018, 18:18
I reckon you should be alright with those scores, they usually let you know within 24 hours. Good luck!

EGPF
16th Apr 2018, 21:04
I reckon you should be alright with those scores, they usually let you know within 24 hours. Good luck!

Thank you!

hazardinho
16th Apr 2018, 23:20
No problem, I can only hope I get next stage :)

My scores if I remember correctly,

Deviation indicator: 6,7,8
Flying through boxes: 6,6,6 (annoying 0 improvement :( though no drops in score..)
Multitask: 10 hits, 6 missed.

Sorry to ask, but do you have any tips for using the joystick? From what I've heard they aren't easy to use and the crosshair task can be deceptively difficult.

EGPF
17th Apr 2018, 12:03
So to my surprise... I passed day one!

Just booked day 2 for the 1st May, who else is going?

Ciaran Kennedy
17th Apr 2018, 12:04

Congrats! Get prepping for you interview and all that as soon as possible. Best of luck

gary2018
17th Apr 2018, 15:58

Congratulations! Good luck for the 1st

EGPF
17th Apr 2018, 16:10
Sorry to ask, but do you have any tips for using the joystick? From what I've heard they aren't easy to use and the crosshair task can be deceptively difficult.

No need for apologies, feel free to ask any questions related to this :)

Yes, it can be deceptive because of how very sensitive the joystick is. I would recommend using a flight simulator with a joystick so you can become a bit confident using a joystick.

For the tests, follow the instructions and you'll have a chance to practice with their joystick.

Thank you Ciaran and and Gary!

hazardinho
17th Apr 2018, 17:55
No need for apologies, feel free to ask any questions related to this :)

Yes, it can be deceptive because of how very sensitive the joystick is. I would recommend using a flight simulator with a joystick so you can become a bit confident using a joystick.

For the tests, follow the instructions and you'll have a chance to practice with their joystick.

Thank you Ciaran and and Gary!

Thank you very much for the response. In terms of the other parts of the aptitude testing, were they things that you had previously practiced?

Massive congratulations on getting through to day 2!

OnBlocks35
17th Apr 2018, 18:00
Does anyone have recommendations for pre-reading before starting ground school?

EGPF
17th Apr 2018, 18:38
Thank you very much for the response. In terms of the other parts of the aptitude testing, were they things that you had previously practiced?

Massive congratulations on getting through to day 2!

Thank you very much :)

Never having done an aptitude test, I used SkyTest to become familiar with the test as I hate not preparing for important tests. I wouldn't recommend practising too much on SkyTest as they are similar looking yet work differently so you don't want to get too comfortable with it - basically, expect differences in SkyTest and Pilapt.

I do highly recommend looking at many different cadet blogs for their experiences with Pilapt and that might build up a picture of what to expect better and perhaps some good tips to take note of - research is essential I say.

I also recommend using a flight simulator with a joystick. This may help with flying through the boxes and deviation indicator.

j.bay90
17th Apr 2018, 19:24

Congrats mate

EGPF
17th Apr 2018, 19:31
Congrats mate

Thank you very much :)

ad10
18th Apr 2018, 15:02
Anyone else just get an offer from easyjet?

gary2018
18th Apr 2018, 19:06

Still waiting :/ did you hear today? What you get offered?

Ciaran Kennedy
18th Apr 2018, 19:07

From L3 or CAE?

Hpinder787
18th Apr 2018, 20:54
I got offered route 3 earlier with L3. Wanted route 1/2 but still happy. Is route 3 still a guaranteed job at the end of training with easyJet if the course goes well?

LandingGear60
18th Apr 2018, 21:29
Well done to everyone recently passing assessments and receiving offers

Earlier in this thread I was informed the initial application consists of open-ended questions requiring university personal statement style answers. Upon opening an application with CAE I cannot see any questions of this sort? Is it just a CV upload along with answering the tick box general questions? Thanks

@Hpinder787 route 3 is the easyJet tagged ATPL so you’re still given the conditional job offer if you pass training. Route 3 shouldn’t be seen as a negative, you’re still getting an ATPL and a first officer position, congrats!

ad10
19th Apr 2018, 06:43
Still waiting :/ did you hear today? What you get offered?

Quite a few people seem to be mate so don’t stress, got route one so well happy!

EGPF
19th Apr 2018, 07:02
Well done to everyone recently passing assessments and receiving offers

Earlier in this thread I was informed the initial application consists of open-ended questions requiring university personal statement style answers. Upon opening an application with CAE I cannot see any questions of this sort? Is it just a CV upload along with answering the tick box general questions? Thanks

@Hpinder787 route 3 is the easyJet tagged ATPL so you’re still given the conditional job offer if you pass training. Route 3 shouldn’t be seen as a negative, you’re still getting an ATPL and a first officer position, congrats!

My apologies, I said that in line with L3' application process.

LandingGear60
19th Apr 2018, 07:13
My apologies, I said that in line with L3' application process.

That’s fine, I appreciate your help! I figured they would of been similar but it appears not. Has anyone here applied with CAE?

gary2018
19th Apr 2018, 17:59
Quite a few people seem to be mate so don’t stress, got route one so well happy!

congratulations mate well done. Can I ask when you did your 2nd day?

ad10
19th Apr 2018, 18:05
congratulations mate well done. Can I ask when you did your 2nd day?

Course mate, I did it on the 7th of March I think.

j.bay90
19th Apr 2018, 20:04
For any new readers, we have an EZMP30/31/32 group set up on Facebook

gary2018
19th Apr 2018, 22:26
Course mate, I did it on the 7th of March I think.
Cheers mate. I was a few weeks after that so I'll likely have to wait a little longer

ko12aai
19th Apr 2018, 22:32
Hi All,

Anyone have attended day two and can share what sort of questions were they asked during the interview. Also, how many question we can expect to be asked? I know its roughly half an hour interview.

Cheers.

Ryder35742
20th Apr 2018, 00:31
Anybody on EZMP29?
Is there a group available somewhere?

ad10
20th Apr 2018, 06:05
For any new readers, we have an EZMP30/31/32 group set up on Facebook

How do you know which group you’re in??

j.bay90
20th Apr 2018, 09:58
How do you know which group you’re in??

You get told when you're enrolled on a course

Ciaran Kennedy
20th Apr 2018, 11:44
Has anyone who did their assessment with CAE, hear back from them about route allocation yet?

EGPF
21st Apr 2018, 12:00
Hi All,

Anyone have attended day two and can share what sort of questions were they asked during the interview. Also, how many question we can expect to be asked? I know its roughly half an hour interview.

Cheers.

First off, congratulations on passing day 1 which I'm assuming you have :)

I have not attended day 2 yet hence the delay in response, hoping that someone who has would answer this.

From many different sources, such as cadet blogs, the interview will consist of general questions such as why you want to be a pilot and will also consist of competency questions to assess some of the key skills such as leadership.

If you are applying through L3 CTS, then this page will tell you what the key points are that the assessor will be looking for in the interview:

https://www.l3airlineacademy.com/become-a-pilot/application-and-selection/what-to-expect

Also, may I ask, what date you're attending day 2 if you are applying through L3?

Key points:

L3 CTS have a page dedicated on what they are looking for
Cadet blogs provide a great insight into what to expect through their experience.

Patpat
21st Apr 2018, 20:41
Hi everyone
Do you know of what consist the easyJet online assessment ? I am attending day 2 for Generation easyJet Pilot Training Pogramme
Thanks a lot

ad10
21st Apr 2018, 23:49
Hi everyone
Do you know of what consist the easyJet online assessment ? I am attending day 2 for Generation easyJet Pilot Training Pogramme
Thanks a lot

It’s just some basic personality questions, you can’t really prepare for them just answer them honestly and you’ll be fine

EGPF
22nd Apr 2018, 07:02
Hi everyone
Thanks a lot

Hello,

I've just done this assessment and its questions based on your personality as identified above.

I would however, search for Cut-e Shapes on youtube and a video that explains how the test works will come up so that you can become familiar with it.

May I ask, what date is your date 2?

coolsuper1998
22nd Apr 2018, 22:07
I also recommend using a flight simulator with a joystick. This may help with flying through the boxes and deviation indicator.[/QUOTE]

Hi I have my assessment with cae on the 9th what simulator would you recommend to train on . Hoping to buy my joystick this week

EGPF
23rd Apr 2018, 07:13
anyone here got their day 1 on 27/4?

Good luck! :)

BaronVonBarnstormer
23rd Apr 2018, 09:37
From the Terms and Endearment thread:

Flexicrew will cease to exist from 1st September 2018. All new joiners will join on full-time SO contract and existing flexicrew will be moved to the same contract. Only good news.

ad10
23rd Apr 2018, 09:42
From the Terms and Endearment thread:

what kind of impact will this have on easyjet starters??

BaronVonBarnstormer
23rd Apr 2018, 10:40
what kind of impact will this have on easyjet starters??

It means instead of spending a year employed by CTC Fliexicrew and being contracted out to easyJet, you will join on a permanent contract as a SO for two years. Presumably that means pension, insurance, sick pay, holiday pay and all other benefits of a permanent contract are included from day one. Its a real positive step that gives job security in the crucial early years of your career, especially if you have a large loan to pay back.

This i believe has come about due to negotiations between ezy's BALPA representatives and ezy management. I think the decision reflects well on both parties.

ad10
23rd Apr 2018, 10:54
It means instead of spending a year employed by CTC Fliexicrew and being contracted out to easyJet, you will join on a permanent contract as a SO for two years. Presumably that means pension, insurance, sick pay, holiday pay and all other benefits of a permanent contract are included from day one. Its a real positive step that gives job security in the crucial early years of your career, especially if you have a large loan to pay back.

This i believe has come about due to negotiations between ezy's BALPA representatives and ezy management. I think the decision reflects well on both parties.

Oh sweet that sounds a lot better than doing flexicrew then. So now it will be a set salary per year rather than the hourly rate like before? Does this apply for L3 CTS easyjet contracts too?

BaronVonBarnstormer
23rd Apr 2018, 12:03
Oh sweet that sounds a lot better than doing flexicrew then. So now it will be a set salary per year rather than the hourly rate like before? Does this apply for L3 CTS easyjet contracts too?

Yes the old L3 CTS (Formally CTC) offer was to be employed by a crew outsourcing company called CTC Fliexicrew (Loads of details if you search the forum). You were contracted out for 12 months, at which point you had an interview with your Base Captain to see if you were fit for permanent employment. I believe a similar set up was present with cadets joining from CAE Oxford too.

ad10
23rd Apr 2018, 12:28
Yes the old L3 CTS (Formally CTC) offer was to be employed by a crew outsourcing company called CTC Fliexicrew (Loads of details if you search the forum). You were contracted out for 12 months, at which point you had an interview with your Base Captain to see if you were fit for permanent employment. I believe a similar set up was present with cadets joining from CAE Oxford too.

Right okay makes sense. Does this mean we will now be employed by easyjet from the start or do we still have a year being employed by l3? Cheers for the help!

EGPF
23rd Apr 2018, 14:31
Thank you for the information!

EGPF
24th Apr 2018, 05:41
I also recommend using a flight simulator with a joystick. This may help with flying through the boxes and deviation indicator.

Hi I have my assessment with cae on the 9th what simulator would you recommend to train on . Hoping to buy my joystick this week[/QUOTE]

Hello,

I used Microsoft Flight Simulator X to become familiar with using a joystick.

Any decent flight simulator such as X-plane or Prepar3D should be fine.

Good luck!

EGPF
24th Apr 2018, 21:18
Anyone going to day 2 on the 1st May?

EGPF
25th Apr 2018, 19:29
Good luck!! if i pass my day 1 that is when i will most likely be booking my day 2.

Thank you!

As the program is closed temporarily, I believe the last day 2 assessments are 1, 2 and 3rd of May for this session.

Good luck :)

slevy
27th Apr 2018, 12:01
Hi all,

Anyone going to day 2 on the 2nd of May?

EGPF
28th Apr 2018, 06:39
Hi all,

Anyone going to day 2 on the 2nd of May?

Good Luck!

I'm going to day 2 on the 1st May.

slevy
28th Apr 2018, 08:40
Good Luck!

I'm going to day 2 on the 1st May.

Thank you! Best of Luck to you too!

Shame we're not on the same day, look forward to hearing how you get on!

ko12aai
29th Apr 2018, 15:36
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when L3 easyJet MPL is expected to open again?
I have passed Day 1 and would prefer to delay my Day 2 for next opening however, if it will take longer than a year, my Day 1 results will be invalid.
Anyone knows if this has happened before and if so how long it took them to re-open again?

Cheers!

EGPF
29th Apr 2018, 16:38
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when L3 easyJet MPL is expected to open again?
I have passed Day 1 and would prefer to delay my Day 2 for next opening however, if it will take longer than a year, my Day 1 results will be invalid.
Anyone knows if this has happened before and if so how long it took them to re-open again?

Cheers!

Congratulations first of all!

It could be anyone's guess really on when they open again however, since its "temporarily" closed, this might suggest that it'll open perhaps later this year but of course, this is just a guess. As always, you can call L3's supportive pilot careers team and perhaps they could give you a better idea.

In my observations, the program opened for applications again in April 2017, with a closure date around the time when CTC was re branded as L3 CTS. This closure date was pushed back to December 2017 and then again for June 2018. Of course, easyJet closed the program earlier in April 2018. With CAE still open for applications, and L3 CTS being the favourable choice of ATO by easyJet, I suggest that we could see the program open well within 1 year - again, educated guess.

EGPF
30th Apr 2018, 09:10
I wish everyone who's going to the day 2 assessments the next couple of days the very best of luck!

LandingGear60
30th Apr 2018, 09:38
Of course, easyJet closed the program earlier in April 2018. With CAE still open for applications, and L3 CTS being the favourable choice of ATO by easyJet, I suggest that we could see the program open well within 1 year - again, educated guess.

Isn’t the stat about L3 being the preferred ATO by easyJet from the pre-Generation easyJet days regarding whitetail holdpool employment? Because easyJet have stressed in multiple of their seminars i’ve attended that they offer the Generation easyJet program in L3 and CAE, the same course and the same equal opportunities is it not? They always mention FTE Jerez too but I have no info about them.

I’m just curious after reading your comment that’s all, since this course seems to be offering equal numbers of places and training across the ATO’s. Thanks. Also best of luck in your stage 3!

EGPF
30th Apr 2018, 09:46
Isn’t the stat about L3 being the preferred ATO by easyJet from the pre-Generation easyJet days regarding whitetail holdpool employment? Because easyJet have stressed in multiple of their seminars i’ve attended that they offer the Generation easyJet program in L3 and CAE, the same course and the same equal opportunities is it not? They always mention FTE Jerez too but I have no info about them.

I’m just curious after reading your comment that’s all, since this course seems to be offering equal numbers of places and training across the ATO’s. Thanks. Also best of luck in your stage 3!

Fair enough, I shall link some sources which suggest some preference towards L3 if any. Irregardless of that, it is the same course from two highly credible ATOs.

https://careers.easyjet.com/generation-easyjet-pilot-training-programme-open-for-applications/

https://www.l3airlineacademy.com/career-programs/easyjet
"easyJet is one of Europe's most successful airlines and has partnered with L3 CTS for airline pilot training solutions since its first flights in 1995. Today we remain easyJet's preferred provider of newly qualified airline pilots."

LandingGear60
30th Apr 2018, 10:00
Fair enough, I shall link some sources which suggest some preference towards L3 if any. Irregardless of that, it is the same course from two highly credible ATOs.

https://careers.easyjet.com/generation-easyjet-pilot-training-programme-open-for-applications/

https://www.l3airlineacademy.com/career-programs/easyjet
"easyJet is one of Europe's most successful airlines and has partnered with L3 CTS for airline pilot training solutions since its first flights in 1995. Today we remain easyJet's preferred provider of newly qualified airline pilots."

Ahh I see, thanks for linking them.

SANDBLASTER
1st May 2018, 06:25
Does anyone have any feedback on the ATPL course at FTEJerez? Also, would anyone know if you can apply to both L3 and FTEJerez, or, can you only have one application open at a time? Thanks for any info.

crip1808
1st May 2018, 11:36
Does anyone have any feedback on the ATPL course at FTEJerez? Also, would anyone know if you can apply to both L3 and FTEJerez, or, can you only have one application open at a time? Thanks for any info.

The lady that interviewed me for Generation easyJet at CAE said that you can have applications open at multiple locations, but if you pass one and fail another, it would count as an overall fair for the programme. For example, if you pass CAE but fail L3 you could not complete the course at L3 or CAE, but equally if you passed both you would have the choice of where to study. This could mean that having two applications open could be more of a hindrance.

Ciaran Kennedy
1st May 2018, 17:56
Did anyone get offered Route 1 with CAE today?

crip1808
2nd May 2018, 07:54
I got offered Route 2!

ko12aai
2nd May 2018, 09:20
For those who have attended Day 2 on 1st of May 2018.

How was your interview?
How many questions were you asked?

Thanks.

EGPF
2nd May 2018, 13:19
For those who have attended Day 2 on 1st of May 2018.

How was your interview?
How many questions were you asked?

Thanks.

Hello,

I think it went great! The interview was calm and I really felt welcomed. All my nerves disappeared after a couple of minutes in.

I cannot comment on how many questions were asked, as I don't know for sure, but it was plentiful.

To add, I have successfully passed my Day 2! It has been an honour to be able to host this thread since April last year, and I can't thank everyone enough for posting their experiences and support for each other here. It definitely helped me a lot!

gary2018
2nd May 2018, 18:14
Hello,

I think it went great! The interview was calm and I really felt welcomed. All my nerves disappeared after a couple of minutes in.

I cannot comment on how many questions were asked, as I don't know for sure, but it was plentiful.

To add, I have successfully passed my Day 2! It has been an honour to be able to host this thread since April last year, and I can't thank everyone enough for posting their experiences and support for each other here. It definitely helped me a lot!

Good work and congratulations! Did they confirm when the routes would be allocated?

EGPF
2nd May 2018, 18:48
I got offered Route 2!

Congratulations! :)

EGPF
2nd May 2018, 18:49
Good work and congratulations! Did they confirm when the routes would be allocated?

Thank you! I don't have any information in regards to that however, with possible start dates in September and October, I guess that the 8 week wait will be shorter than normal.

gary2018
2nd May 2018, 18:52
Thank you! I don't have any information in regards to that however, with possible start dates in September and October, I guess that the 8 week wait will be shorter than normal.

ok cheers!

OnBlocks35
4th May 2018, 00:22
Do any current cadets know of anyone from route 2 that have been upgraded to route 1 upon completion of groundschool?

crip1808
9th May 2018, 13:09
Is anyone starting with CAE on June 19th?

ad10
10th May 2018, 14:08
Anyone starting 14th of August with easyjet at L3?

j.bay90
10th May 2018, 15:35
We have a facebook group for EZMP30/31 & 32 on facebook

ad10
10th May 2018, 15:38
We have a facebook group for EZMP30/31 & 32 on facebook

Ill DM you mate

Tkitch
10th May 2018, 20:15
I’m starting on the 14th too!

Suss
12th May 2018, 07:16
I'm also EZMP32 starting on the 14th August in Coventry! Is there a link to the Facebook group?

EGPF
12th May 2018, 15:53
The 8 week wait is quite intense.
Can't wait to find out! :)

narob
12th May 2018, 23:19
Do any current cadets know of anyone from route 2 that have been upgraded to route 1 upon completion of groundschool?
Most have, some haven't. It really depends on spaces at the time.

OnBlocks35
13th May 2018, 12:11
Most have, some haven't. It really depends on spaces at the time.
Is it dependant on if L3 have spaces on the MPL course or if easyJet need more MPL cadets?

pilotcu
17th May 2018, 15:09
Hello everyone.
I am about to send my CV. So could somebody share their experience regarding the simulator session? The interview process etc?
Did you have any simulator preparation before the interview and if so what do you suggest?
Thanks in advance

user2803
17th May 2018, 15:35
Hi all!
Do you guys get any pre-entry evaluation guidelines?
for the sim session regarding speeds to be used etc?
also, what simulator do they use for the interview?

Chris4
18th May 2018, 08:33
CAE are also (temporarily) closing for applications on 25th may

EGPF
18th May 2018, 14:16
Anyone heard anything more about when we might hear about route allocations for L3?

When was your day 2?

Jetstream alpha
18th May 2018, 14:24
When was your day 2?

Early April

EGPF
18th May 2018, 14:43
[QUOTE=Jetstream alpha;10150426]Early April[/QUO

Well, not got too long left I guess, although they say, you should wait a minimum of 8 weeks.

Jetstream alpha
18th May 2018, 14:49
Well, not got too long left I guess, although they say, you should wait a minimum of 8 weeks.

Yeah, think the 8 weeks figure doesn't really mean much though. Know people that have heard after 1/2 weeks as well as some on here saying they waited 12 weeks. Was hoping that seeing as the last day 2 for this intake was on 3rd of May (right?) that we would hear soon after but doesn't look that way..

EGPF
18th May 2018, 14:54
Yeah, think the 8 weeks figure doesn't really mean much though. Know people that have heard after 1/2 weeks as well as some on here saying they waited 12 weeks. Was hoping that seeing as the last day 2 for this intake were on 3rd of May (right?) that we would hear soon after but doesn't look that way..

I know how you feel, I keep checking my emails in hope of finding out :)

Only relevant information I have is that courses are planned to start in September and October.

SPETTSKY
18th May 2018, 17:50
Just finished ground school at L3 in Coventry. At the moment upgrades are fairly regular.

Movieman162
20th May 2018, 16:53
Anyone on here sitting Oxford Stage 3 interview and group exercise on the 29th of May? And also anyone who did their stage 2/ADAPT on the 10th of April?

Curious to see how Oxford and CTC closing applications is going to affect the wait time and number of people obtaining route 1 proportionally to 2 and 3.

DescentLanding
20th May 2018, 20:39
I wanted to ask if anyone who's used SkyTest, what tests would be useful for the exam?

PilotHamza
21st May 2018, 15:06
Anyone on here sitting Oxford Stage 3 interview and group exercise on the 29th of May? And also anyone who did their stage 2/ADAPT on the 10th of April?

Curious to see how Oxford and CTC closing applications is going to affect the wait time and number of people obtaining route 1 proportionally to 2 and 3.

Hi! I will be there on the 29th also, however I did my skills assessment on the 20th March :)

sambobnix
22nd May 2018, 11:36
I wanted to ask if anyone who's used SkyTest, what tests would be useful for the exam?

I used all the tests within the PilApt section (providing you have the "UK Aptitude Screening" version of SkyTest) with varying difficulty! All the other sections are for future job interviews later on in your career.

EGPF
22nd May 2018, 17:23
Just got an email allocating me on white tail so think route allocations are being sent out. Good luck to everyone else, hope you guys get good news!

Thanks for the heads up!

Movieman162
22nd May 2018, 18:55
Hi! I will be there on the 29th also, however I did my skills assessment on the 20th March :)

Hey! Ill drop you a mail.

gary2018
22nd May 2018, 19:32
Best of luck everyone in your future endeavours. Whitetail allocation here too so thats the end of the road for me. Wish I did this a lot earlier in life! One and only shot and it hasnt quite worked out. Hopefully all you guys make it to the flight deck sooner rather than later, and achieve your dream! For me...i'll be bimbling around the sky in my PA28! For now, from Gary, its over and out.

crip1808
22nd May 2018, 20:58
Best of luck everyone in your future endeavours. Whitetail allocation here too so thats the end of the road for me. Wish I did this a lot earlier in life! One and only shot and it hasnt quite worked out. Hopefully all you guys make it to the flight deck sooner rather than later, and achieve your dream! For me...i'll be bimbling around the sky in my PA28! For now, from Gary, its over and out.

Which training provider did you apply to? Don't let the whitetail allocation make the dream disappear, it seems like there are numerous ways to the RHS and integrated isn't the only one!

EGPF
23rd May 2018, 07:58

Thank you for supporting the thread :) I wish you the best as well!

EGPF
23rd May 2018, 08:38
I looked back at some of the previous replies of time taken for people to get their route allocation. The list below is a couple of the many route allocation posts throughout the thread. As seen, the results vary quite a bit.

13 weeks - Route 1
10 weeks - Whitetail
10 weeks - <Good News?>
10 weeks - Whitetail
8 weeks - Route 3
6 weeks - Whitetail
3 weeks - Route 1
1 week - Route 1

"class of 24 at L3, around 14 are easyJet. New course roughly every 3 or 4 weeks." - User Statistic (2017)
"5/6 and one got route 1 and the other Route 2. Didn't hear of any others getting through" - User Statistic (2018)

tpflyer
23rd May 2018, 12:30
Just got an email from L3 saying I've got a place on route 1! Absolutely thrilled. My place is dependent on me achieving my A level predicted grades, so got some work to do in the meantime! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

EGPF
23rd May 2018, 16:10
Well, I just got my death sentence.. Whitetail for me but oh well.

Noticed that it said it would consider me for 2019 start dates but there is no guarantee.

EGPF
24th May 2018, 09:32
As the 2017/18 session for this program comes at a close, the end of this thread I guess comes as well. I wish everyone the best whether their in selection, in training, waiting for route allocations, starting training or simply moving on. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread and supported each other especially those who took the time to share their experiences.

To this point we had 950 replies and 296,444 views.

CAE guys, good luck with selection!

EGPF

EGPF
29th Aug 2018, 17:16
Just for news:

The Generation easyJet cadet pilot program should open on the 3rd of September with L3... Unsure about CAE's exact opening but should be around the same time.
Significant change I see is the removal of route 2 (easyJet MPL upgrade).

I hope this thread will be of help for anyone planning to apply! Good luck to all!

Scouseflier85
30th Aug 2018, 10:18
I’ve noticed the entry requirement no longer require A levels, just GCSEs at grade c or above.

EGPF
30th Aug 2018, 12:51
I’ve noticed the entry requirement no longer require A levels, just GCSEs at grade c or above.

Interesting point, clearly no need for route 2 then.

ollie135
30th Aug 2018, 14:48
Maybe they've had to remove the GCSE requirements as candidates` Mummy and Daddy may be struggling to cough up 109k for their little cherub. But hey, Easy are all about equality ;)

EGPF
30th Aug 2018, 14:57
Maybe they've had to remove the GCSE requirements as candidates` Mummy and Daddy may be struggling to cough up 109k for their little cherub. But hey, Easy are all about equality ;)

A levels have been removed to stand corrected. This change may have occurred simply because GCSEs are deemed harder with the new system in place :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41000575.

ollie135
30th Aug 2018, 15:12
Fair enough, I could continue ranting about the injustice of it all but then people might think I`m bitter. I`m going to go and hide in my unremortgaged box before heading off to do some farm strip taildragging and remind myself why there is no rush to fly an airliner :)

LandingGear60
30th Aug 2018, 16:29
Anyone attending Stage 3 on the 25th Sept?

Chris the Robot
30th Aug 2018, 20:38
Based on how difficult many people say ATPL Theory is, I can't help but think it's going to be a big jump from GCSEs. The benefit an airline would get from demanding reasonable A-Level (or equivalent) results is that they would get people who had proven experience of learning a lot of theoretical information in a short space of time.

I'm sure there are quite a few commercial pilots out there with only GCSEs but a lot will have had serious amounts of life experience before heading down the modular route or similar.

Seems Ollie has hit the nail on the head unless the funding situation changes. Some airlines seem desperate to attract people who haven't previously considered flying as a career, yet there's already bucketloads of people with the talent and motivation but sadly not the cash.

ManUtd1999
30th Aug 2018, 21:07
I don't see Aer Linus lowering their entrance standards. Oh wait, that's because it's full funded and they can take their pick of all the best applicants from across Europe.

As others have said, Easyjet are (admirably) keen on promoting equality when it comes to gender. When it comes to discrimination based on financial background they have precious little to say.....

j.bay90
2nd Sep 2018, 12:40
Hi All

Note that selection has now changed for this. PILAPT is no longer used, as L3 have changed to Cut-e testing for all parts of selection.

Best of luck to all those applying this round.

2 months into ground school, and let me tell you, its tough going!

Cheers

EGPF
3rd Sep 2018, 13:48
Hi All

Note that selection has now changed for this. PILAPT is no longer used, as L3 have changed to Cut-e testing for all parts of selection.

Best of luck to all those applying this round.

2 months into ground school, and let me tell you, its tough going!

Cheers

Thank you! Good luck with your exams :)

EGPF
26th Sep 2018, 16:15
Anyone in the application process currently for L3?

Alexander Ilsley
8th Oct 2018, 23:45
Hey guys

i am going to take my assessment at oxford For the easyJet MPL course. Any tips to pass the maths and physics test or areas I should focus on ?

Best regards

Jetstream alpha
24th Oct 2018, 14:41
Anyone know what's happened with the L3 generation easyJet program? Seems to have closed without warning..

ko12aai
28th Oct 2018, 12:24
Jeststream - I think they got too many applicants.

Does anyone know if they will release more dates for Interviews? I have passed my computer based tests and now need to prepare for interview. The only dates they have available is the 6th & 7th of November but I don't feel to be prepared to book any of these dates.
Is it only the application closed for new candidates or both, the application and the interview process for current candidates?

Thanks.

EGPF
28th Oct 2018, 12:45

Does anyone know if they will release more dates for Interviews? I have passed my computer based tests and now need to prepare for interview. The only dates they have available is the 6th & 7th of November but I don't feel to be prepared to book any of these dates.
Is it only the application closed for new candidates or both, the application and the interview process for current candidates?

Thanks.

Congratulations passing day 1! You’re best bet is phoning the selection team and enquiring them about the situation with dates.

ko12aai
28th Oct 2018, 13:22
Thanks EGPF.

LandingGear60
28th Oct 2018, 17:02
Has anyone received any news regarding route allocation recently? Still waiting to hear for mine from my Stage 3

Graveney
29th Oct 2018, 20:43
Anyone in the application process currently for L3?

Hi EGPF - yes I am currently in the process with L3 and I've got the cut-e test day coming up in November.

Does anyone know how quickly they expect you to do the group/interview day following a successful cut-e test day?

Cheers

Graveney
29th Oct 2018, 20:48

Thanks.

Hi ko12aai,

How soon were you told you'd passed the computer tests? Did they give you a mark or just a pass/fail?

Cheers

EGPF
30th Oct 2018, 08:38
Hi EGPF - yes I am currently in the process with L3 and I've got the cut-e test day coming up in November.

Does anyone know how quickly they expect you to do the group/interview day following a successful cut-e test day?

Cheers

Im not sure how quick but with the program closed, I’d imagine there being limited dates available for now until the program reopens. The selection team are probably best to ask.

Also, you will get an email the next day saying if you passed or fail unless you sit your day 1 on Friday whereby you’ll have to wait until Monday to find out.

Happy.on.FW
18th Nov 2018, 13:01
Hi All,

Has anyone out there very recently been to Dibden Manor for the L3 / Easyjet Cut-e aptitude tests....?
I’m kicking myself for not querying it at the time with the L3 staff, but has anyone else found the mouse control for the ‘complex control’ / tube flying test really odd? Instead of the movement of the mouse in relation to the position within the tube being fixed/linear, it seemed graduated/exponential/erratic - i.e. a small movement of the mouse produced a small movement on the screen but if I continued moving the mouse in the same direction by the same amount it produced an exaggerated movement on the screen such that the sideways or vertical movement ‘accelerated’ across the screen/tube, causing me to crash all the time..... It seemed as if the sensitivity of the mouse was constantly changing....

As I say, did everyone who’s done this test at Dibden experience the same or was the control rate between your mouse and the screen constant / linear....? I got the e-mail to say I failed, but the crazy thing is I scored really well on all the other tests, even the ‘hard’ multi-tasking test, so it seems really odd to have failed on the one test most people say is the easiest (and one I had practiced fine at home)....?

If it seems one of their mouses / computers isn’t behaving properly, perhaps they’d look into it and invite me back to resit that test.....?

HELP !

Jetstream alpha
19th Nov 2018, 12:19
Haven't done Cut-e at L3 but have done it with another airline. The behaviour of the controls in the complex control test that you've described sounds exactly the same as when I did it. Be careful of learning from the practice tests as although they emulate the real tests there are small details such as the behaviour in this test which they don't accurately replicate. Unfortunately I don't think there was anything wrong with your controls on the day, the test is just set up like that.

A good tip that someone gave me is to try the examples out a few times beforehand to get the hang of it before trying the real thing.

I believe that you have to pass all elements of the test to pass the whole assessment so even if you've done really well on the other tests, if you fail one element then you fail the whole assessment.

ko12aai
29th Dec 2018, 18:38
Hi everyone,

Has anyone attended the L3 easyJet MPL interview 1-1?
and if so, how many competency based questions were you asked?
+ Commercial awareness questions? & any other.

Thanks.

Flys4Funs
4th Apr 2019, 03:55
Hi All,

I passed the generation easyJet stage 3 at CAE last month. I got a mail the next day to say I’d passed but haven’t yet received my route allocation. We were told we’d get the allocation within a week, but still waiting a few weeks later. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same position or if anyone has received a route allocation recently?

Also interested to know from anyone that started on generation eJ recently as to how long it took from passing to actually start training. I still need to get my medical, financing pretty sorted, any other big blockers you have encountered?

Thanks,
F4F

Movieman162
4th Apr 2019, 07:54
Hi All,

I passed the generation easyJet stage 3 at CAE last month. I got a mail the next day to say I’d passed but haven’t yet received my route allocation. We were told we’d get the allocation within a week, but still waiting a few weeks later. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same position or if anyone has received a route allocation recently?

I’m really hoping that the recent soft sales for this Summer at eJ aren’t giving them second thoughts on the number of pilots they’re going to need. Any thoughts?

Also interested to know from anyone that started on generation eJ recently as to how long it took from passing to actually start training. I still need to get my medical, financing pretty sorted, any other big blockers you have encountered?

Thanks,
F4F

What date was your interview?

Had my stage 3 on February the 5th, got the email saying I'd passed 6 days later and then route allocation about three weeks after but it varies a lot. From what I gather they can group two assesments together for route allocations so it may be you are waiting until the next assesment group gets their results.

sethgecko
4th Apr 2019, 09:49

Thanks,
F4F

Hi,

Congratulations on passing stage 3!

There were only 3 business days between being advised that I had passed the final assessment at L3 and my route allocation of EZY MPL.

This was back in January and the soonest I could get into an AME was 4 weeks. I often see mention of 4-5 week lead times for the big 3 AME's in the UK. I had 2 deferrals in which I had to wait a few weeks for appointments with specialists. I was then lucky that the CAA only took 3 days to review the reports from these deferrals and therefore their extra workload due to brexit does not appear to have impacted my class 1 application, overall the medical process took 2 Months. I have seen posts from other cadets where this timescale has run up to 5 months.

I would strongly suggest that you book your initial Class 1 medical as soon as possible. If you receive any deferrals then this will incur delay as you will have to wait for appointments with any relevant specialists. You will then need to account for the time that the CAA takes to review any such deferrals which could be a few days like mine or many weeks as reported by others. If you do not get any deferrals then you could have your Class 1 within 4-6 weeks, if you do get deferrals I would allow up to 3 months end to end.

The time it took me to get my Class 1 means I missed the March/April intakes at L3. I am now due to start in May. So pretty much 4 months from route allocation to start date.

rvace112
4th Apr 2019, 11:32
Not sure if this is the correct place to write this but I’m soon to start with L3 at Coventry on CP215E. Anyone else on this course ?

trynnabe1
25th May 2019, 08:47
Thanks to everyone who's posted on here, been really helpful. I have a question, how long do MPL pilots need to stay at easyjet before they can move to another airline?