View Full Version : EasyJet MPL 2017

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Noctilucent_nimbus
11th Jul 2017, 16:28
I am a bit confused with what actually happens before and at assessment 1 (l3/ctc) interview. Can anyone update me, please?

average-punter
11th Jul 2017, 19:57
the "bond" works as such.

Airline x offers you a job with a salary of 35k. If airline x is part of the program you can choose to take a "salary" of 23k and have the remaining 12k per year tax free. You still earn the same amount but save a few hundred on tax. Think of it as tax relief, for now. I say for now because HMRC are now looking closely at it.

To say that the course is fully sponsored and you get 70k back or however much it is now is a lie.

flying pancake
12th Jul 2017, 12:14
So on that basis the airline saves employers national insurance contributions on the reduced 'salary' that they pay. 15% I think. Plus further savings - 7% with easyJet, on the employers pension contributions that will be based on the reduced salary. No wonder HMRC may be interested.

Inmric
12th Jul 2017, 15:31
I applied to the program in early June at L3.
The application process has not finished yet and now the website shows nothing at the application status window (after some documentation request, which never was acknowledged by them) how much should I wait them to reply my application and appoint me for an assessment date? FYI: Before this an "under review" text appeared.
How much is the waiting time between you finish the online application and you get the first appointment or reply? Should I ask them about?

If there's someone may help me with this, I would be grateful. Many thanks!

TopGun54
13th Jul 2017, 09:59
Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while, thanks for the advice & information. I've recently been offered a place on the easyJet MPL route 1, and i've been sent through the contracts. Has anyone sought out legal advice regarding the contracts? I'd love to speak to someone who has, or who has already enrolled/completed the course.

My main concern is that i'm agreeing to sign a contract with easyjet, which would happen after course completion, without actually seeing that contract.

jimi_riddler
13th Jul 2017, 16:21
Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while, thanks for the advice & information. I've recently been offered a place on the easyJet MPL route 1, and i've been sent through the contracts. Has anyone sought out legal advice regarding the contracts? I'd love to speak to someone who has, or who has already enrolled/completed the course.

My main concern is that i'm agreeing to sign a contract with easyjet, which would happen after course completion, without actually seeing that contract.

This is interesting, I was under the impression that the conditional contract was issued before the course started?

Just out of curiosity when did you go through selection?

gbotley
14th Jul 2017, 09:27
easyJet has today announced that 30% of its operation will transition to a new airline - easyJet Europe - to be registered in Austria. This 30% represents the existing mainland EU operation and associated aircraft. The move in itself safeguards the EU to EU domestic flights post-Brexit. The new airline will become a subsidiary of easyJet UK.

New jobs will be created in head office roles within Austria to support the business and 30% of easyJet UK's fleet is to transition to the new business in time for the UK leaving Europe. All UK based jobs will remain unaffected. Aircraft themselves are not to be repositioned to Austria as part of this.

Note, It is not yet known how this will affect eventual cadet placement with easyJet and whether cadets will remain within the UK business or new Austrian business based on company needs. As an example, easyJet's other business easyJet Switzerland is an entirely separate legal entity and inter-company transfers aren't quite as simple.

SOURCE: https://www.mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10268

jimi_riddler
14th Jul 2017, 11:06
Thanks for the update gbotley

ec_2017
14th Jul 2017, 22:14
Hey TopGun54,

Well done on getting route 1. Out of interest, when did you sit your stage 3 (Interview and Group Exercise)? Did you hear anything regarding underwriting?

Well done again :)

flyingintheclouds
17th Jul 2017, 07:05
Interesting to see in the news today that easyJet CEO Carolyn McCall has resigned to become CEO of ITV.

o_rey28
20th Jul 2017, 15:58
So how's it going for everyone? Anybody received any good news recently/ has just completed one of their assessments?

doz111
22nd Jul 2017, 16:11

I got legal advice on the contract. It is a requirement to get legal advice if you are getting a BBVA loan as well (if they are still doing them?)

I was advised that the training contract itself was very vague and hence very risky. The advisor gave me several examples of scenarios that could potentially happen based on literal application of the terms.

Also in regards to EasyJet you will not receive any contract or even the basis of any terms and conditions until you have successfully completed the MPL course and have received a start date. For me this was flexicrew with APL, a CTC subsidiary, although flexicrew is potentially being removed soon. But this was the same for those that went directly to EasyJet on a European contract.

The reality for the vast majority of people is that you will successfully complete the training to the standard required and get a job offer/contract at the end, however the contract (and any prospective EasyJet contact) is realistically worthless until that time.

JWS1996
24th Jul 2017, 01:30
Is anyone aware as to whether the so-called "Route 4" for fATPL holders may come back?

jimi_riddler
24th Jul 2017, 06:24
There is a route 4 but it's for those who pass stage 3 selection but don't meet the criteria for easyJet at the airline stage. It's the full whitetail course.

momo95
24th Jul 2017, 07:44
I presume you're referring to the CTC route 4 (different to OAA's 'route 4' - a con) for those who already hold the license? Now word on it at all from what I've seen

jimi_riddler
24th Jul 2017, 11:33
Just had an email today from L3/CTC regarding outcome at stage 4

ec_2017
24th Jul 2017, 13:16
Ah great news! How did you do?

jimi_riddler
24th Jul 2017, 13:36
Route 1. Has anyone else been told today? Best of luck to anyone waiting.

jimi_riddler
24th Jul 2017, 13:38
I presume you're referring to the CTC route 4 (different to OAA's 'route 4' - a con) for those who already hold the license? Now word on it at all from what I've seen

No CTC have the same route 4 as OAA, basically haven't been accepted by the airline but can continue on whitetail course.

fo_biggles
24th Jul 2017, 16:13
Hi all,

I've recently received an email from CTC allocating me route 3. A bit dissappointed with getting what seems like 3rd place, however still of course happy to get on an easyJet scheme.

From what I gather, the ATPL is more thorough and thus more expensive at £123k, compared to £109k with routes 1 & 2 (MPL). The £123k cost includes an A320 type rating too. A conditional contract of employment is also offered with route 3, as well as the payback scheme of the £69k training bond. The easyJet SOPs are introduced in the intermediate phase.

So I having trouble seeing any great downsides to this route, compared to routes 1 & 2 (MPL).

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help

Matt0
24th Jul 2017, 18:41
Hi,

Congrats on getting accepted to easyJet. Were you offered route 3 after the aptitude tests or the interviews?

o_rey28
24th Jul 2017, 18:57
Honestly I personally think the only downside is it is more expensive. I personally would be just as happy with route 3 than I would route 1 since I think the ATPL is arguably better than MPL, with regards to job security, since other airlines seem to still prefer it. Thats not to say the the MPL isn't good too though.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Congratulations by the way! I've got my Stage 2 on the 26th so I am a long way off knowing anything.

Scagrams
24th Jul 2017, 19:08
Well it's basically more expensive as you pointed out, which is a downside. However you also get an ATPL instead of an MPL, which for me is an advantage. Just search for the difference between mpl and atpl to see the one that fits you the best, and look for the thread about the mpl to make you an idea about what's different

lapilot
25th Jul 2017, 08:14
Route 1. Has anyone else been told today? Best of luck to anyone waiting.
Hey, sat stage 3 early July and still waiting, when did you attend stage 3 ? And also did you have the "Book event" button for stage 4 as well ?
Thanks!

jimi_riddler
25th Jul 2017, 12:03
I sat stage three towards the end of June. They accumulate all stage three passes within a two month period and rank accordingly. I think the end of June was the end of one of those two month periods....so unfortunately you may have a bit of a wait. I hope you get the result you want!

Yes I had the book event button too....it doesn't change no matter how often you click on it Trust me!

lapilot
25th Jul 2017, 12:10
Great to hear, thanks a lot for your quick feedback !

Officer Kite
25th Jul 2017, 12:23
No CTC have the same route 4 as OAA, basically haven't been accepted by the airline but can continue on whitetail course.

From the information provided, easyJet have 3 routes via CTC. MPL, MPL Upgrade and fATPL. They never used to have (and still don't according to their website) anything along the lines of an 'easyJet route 4'.

OAA on the other hand have a fully marketed 'route 4' which is basically just unfounded spin on their normal ATPL integrated course.

I think the person asking the question is referring to the route 4 that CTC used to have, which sort of an AQC for those who already hold the licenses and they would do the TR with easyJet via CTC ... the plug got pulled on it from what i recall.

fo_biggles
25th Jul 2017, 13:48
Thanks for your replies.

You have to undertake both days to be offered a route (to answer Mat's q).

I also wonder whether the easyJet contract is the same for route 3 as for route 1/2? I have heard of flexi-crew and non-permanent contracts (for all routes) which is slightly disturbing.

jimi_riddler
25th Jul 2017, 14:04
Route 4 at CTC is basically the applicant has passed CTC selection but hasn't been successful with the airline at stage 4 so can still attend whitetail but 'non-tagged'.

HEJT2015
25th Jul 2017, 16:44
Has anyone heard of any upgrades happening for the guys and girls on route 2?

Iselbewohner
25th Jul 2017, 18:46
interested in that as well ;)

gbotley
26th Jul 2017, 03:13
Where routing is concerned at L3 they've traditionally followed Routes 1 - 3 we will all be too familiar with by now. Confusion comes from Route 4 which as I understand it at Oxford is simply their marketing for their Integrated ATPL whereas the L3 Route 4 was an entirely different scheme launched in the latter portion of last year to fill the sudden additional demand from easyJet. L3 took non-type rated, non-L3 cadets onboard to complete the AQC and Type Rating. If you fail to secure Routes 1, 2 or 3 at L3 then you may well still stand a chance of the typical Integrated scheme and that's no different to any airline program at L3 but on the face of it Whitetail and Route 3 are much of a likeness.

Route upgrade wise I've not heard anything personally but the majority of the new easyJet Route 2 / 3 cohorts are coming to the end of their ground school in the coming weeks. Perhaps things will come to light then.

A320ECAM
28th Jul 2017, 17:36
Guys, I was speaking to somebody today regarding this scheme.

They told me that they got through to the final stage last year but failed on the final stage. They are able to rebook onto the final stage for this year's scheme. Is it free for them to do so or do they need to pay the assessment fee again?

ec_2017
28th Jul 2017, 21:03
They will be classed as a re-applicant, and will therefore be required to pay £168.00 for re-doing the element(s) that they failed, whether that was PILAPT/Maths, or the Interview/Group Ex. Hope it goes well

Captain_Scooby
29th Jul 2017, 12:15
As a follow-on from my previous post about easyJet's internal sponsorship scheme ('Tagging Talent'), they've just launched their biggest recruitment drive ever for cabin crew - https://careers.easyjet.com/cabin-crew/

o_rey28
1st Aug 2017, 12:08
On the CTC application status page, does anyone know what the "Airline Process" section is referring to?

Also to those who have been successful and allocated a route:
Do you find out if you have been successful with CTC/L3CTS, in other words eligible for whitetail, before finding out if you have been successful regarding the easyJet MPL scheme?

ec_2017
1st Aug 2017, 16:38
Hey,

The "Airline Process" section doesn't require anything from us, it's just there to highlight that your "file" has gone to the airline to be assessed, i.e. you have completed all stages of the assessment, and then just need to wait to hear from easyJet.

With regards to route allocation, if you meet CTC's criteria, you will get an e-mail, advising that you've passed "L3's standard", but that doesn't mean you have passed easyJet's, so you then receive another e-mail, specifying if you've been offered a route, and if so, which one... some people have waited a matter of days for the airline e-mail, some weeks, others several months - think it depends on how lucky you are with how many applicants easyJet is reviewing at any one time...

flyingintheclouds
1st Aug 2017, 17:27
Has anyone applied with BBVA for a loan in the past few months and can give some feedback on how it went/wait times? Feel free to PM me if you would rather. Would be greatly appreciated!

jimi_riddler
1st Aug 2017, 18:59
I contacted them and was sent through their pack about a month ago. I decided not to apply as their lending criteria was very strict and unless you are practically mortgage free the amount they can lend, in my instance wasn't enough. I would advise to shop around a little as although BBVA offer a 'tailored package' for funding they also charge for it! There are many other places to look. I would recommend talking with a financial advisor as they seem to hold the key to the universe.

That probably doesn't help at all does it?

flyingintheclouds
1st Aug 2017, 20:06
I've actually already applied I'm just waiting and was wondering how long it took and what people's experiences were! To be fair I never really thought about looking elsewhere I wonder if people have got a similar style product from another bank.

gbotley
2nd Aug 2017, 03:44
Those looking at BBVA, I've written a comprehensive guide on their offering and process on my blog (link in bio). With that said though, I would strongly advise looking around. It would appear the latter half of 2017 has brought with it some rather attractive mortgage products from the high street lenders -Santander and Halifax so i've heard.

BBVA offer a great solution should you qualify but it's not as easy to get the full course cost as they make out in their materials. It's very tightly risk assessed. I mean, we had to fight to get £70k, let alone the £110k for the MPL. That and the interest is steep!

The advice of chatting to a financial advisor is perhaps your best bet. They will know more about any financial offering than any of us on here.

PA28161
2nd Aug 2017, 15:40
From what I can see of this whole situation, and I know from first-hand experience, getting a job as an airline pilot is more difficult than getting into university to read medicine.
Trust me I'm a doctor

Chris the Robot
2nd Aug 2017, 18:13
I presume that's largely because flying planes requires large sums of cash up front the vast majority of the time. With medicine, it does seem to be more of a meritocracy, of course there are some who've benefitted from a private education etc. but overall it's presumably going to be on your grades, life experience and aptitude.

Naturally, vast numbers apply for these programmes, on the two occasions I've applied for cadet programmes (both had airline funding attached and odds of success of 300:1), I've been shortlisted and at that stage fewer than 10% of the competition is left. I'm far from being a superhuman though feel that funding is the hardest bit, if all programmes required no candidate funding it would be much easier for those without the requisite cash and much harder for those with.

EGPF
4th Aug 2017, 21:11
easyJet: Inside the Cockpit

First episode: 14 August - Monday - 2100.

fox231
6th Aug 2017, 12:02
Hey guys, been offered a place on the MPL (route 1) and would like to contact easyJet in order to put a case forward for underwriting. I've been told that this is not possible by CTC but would like to give it a crack regardless. Anyone had any experience with the way that easyJet runs this scheme/who is responsible for it? Not really sure of the best person to try and reach out to.

mboqseif
6th Aug 2017, 12:43
Hi Fox

I did contact them for the same thing (I'm in the same situation with being offered MPL route 1) and pretty much was told if you haven't been offered the funding at the time, you won't get it. (Then again, I did speak to them many weeks after the offer as I has been trying to locate some unsecured loans from banks)

There was some confusion with both CTC and EasyJet saying the other party was responsible for deciding who gets the funding with the last explanation given to me being that it is mainly easyJet's (with some slight input from CTC) so I would say that given they have seen your file, they would have offered to help if they wanted to.

If you still want to talk to them, I would search for the general recruitment number (I would provide it but I seem to have lost it) and ask to speak to somebody responsible for the Generation EasyJet pilot recruitment. Maybe even ask for whoever the airline rep was at your interview stage.

Good Luck!

ManUtd1999
6th Aug 2017, 13:50
Interesting news that CTC/L3 are saying loan underwriting is now not possible? Their website still states that it's an option for "particularly outstanding candidates" but it's always been a pretty vague and unlikely option IMO.

Did they say under what circumstances it might be available, if any?

momo95
6th Aug 2017, 13:50
Hey guys, been offered a place on the MPL (route 1) and would like to contact easyJet in order to put a case forward for underwriting. I've been told that this is not possible by CTC but would like to give it a crack regardless. Anyone had any experience with the way that easyJet runs this scheme/who is responsible for it? Not really sure of the best person to try and reach out to.

Not sure I'd bother if you've already been told it won't happen, they wouldn't say no without being told no by easyjet themselves

FlyVeryHigh-
6th Aug 2017, 18:12
I was told by a guy on here who got offered this last year. He told me that when he told easyJet he couldn't accept the offer because he couldn't finance the course they offered to underwrite the loan for him.

will.1856
6th Aug 2017, 20:38
I am currently waiting on my route allocation however I asked the question during my interview with a recruiter from easyJet and she said that they would not be underwriting any loans going forward.

It would be interesting to hear if there are any other responses from easyJet. Good luck guys.

planesandthings
6th Aug 2017, 20:55
I was told by a guy on here who got offered this last year. He told me that when he told easyJet he couldn't accept the offer because he couldn't finance the course they offered to underwrite the loan for him.

A lot changes in a year. Congratulations to him, but he is certainly in the very small minority.

fox231
6th Aug 2017, 21:23
Not sure I'd bother if you've already been told it won't happen, they wouldn't say no without being told no by easyjet themselves

Well ya'know there's no harm in trying, right? It's taken a lot to get this far so 'not bothering' seems a bit of a strange attitude.

fox231
6th Aug 2017, 21:25
Hi Fox

I did contact them for the same thing (I'm in the same situation with being offered MPL route 1) and pretty much was told if you haven't been offered the funding at the time, you won't get it. (Then again, I did speak to them many weeks after the offer as I has been trying to locate some unsecured loans from banks)

There was some confusion with both CTC and EasyJet saying the other party was responsible for deciding who gets the funding with the last explanation given to me being that it is mainly easyJet's (with some slight input from CTC) so I would say that given they have seen your file, they would have offered to help if they wanted to.

If you still want to talk to them, I would search for the general recruitment number (I would provide it but I seem to have lost it) and ask to speak to somebody responsible for the Generation EasyJet pilot recruitment. Maybe even ask for whoever the airline rep was at your interview stage.

Good Luck!

Appreciate the detailed information advice, thanks!

fox231
6th Aug 2017, 21:27
Interesting news that CTC/L3 are saying loan underwriting is now not possible? Their website still states that it's an option for "particularly outstanding candidates" but it's always been a pretty vague and unlikely option IMO.

Did they say under what circumstances it might be available, if any?

They essentially say that you can't ask for it, you have to be chosen. In my head I feel like your financial situation should come into that decision a bit but perhaps that's the wrong mindset. I would hazard a guess that they don't need to underwrite any as lots of candidates are able to pay for their own training.

FlyVeryHigh-
7th Aug 2017, 00:36
IMO I think offering to underwrite loans for candidates was something half heartedly put on the webpage because they announced they would underwrite loans for female applicants through the Amy Johnson initiative.

I would keep trying too... if someone told me I couldn't ask for it, I probably still would if I had no other options. Whats the worst that can happen?

Good luck!

lapilot
7th Aug 2017, 08:11

Hey Fox, as I am still waiting for my route allocation, may I ask you when you sat stage 3 at Dibden and when you heard back ?
Thanks a lot !

mask14
7th Aug 2017, 11:51
Seems a bit vague regarding underwriting..false hope???
Question:
No doubt all candidates intend to commit to EasyJet post training but what happens your licence if they let you go after the first season (as happen some pilot I know) are you locked into MPL limbo as you need to complete 1500hrs to be fully fledged?

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on the detailed requirements, I know each program is approved on merit by local aviation authority,
Anybody know?

Diving_Aviator
7th Aug 2017, 12:24
Question:
No doubt all candidates intend to commit to EasyJet post training but what happens your licence if they let you go after the first season (as happen some pilot I know) are you locked into MPL limbo as you need to complete 1500hrs to be fully fledged?

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on the detailed requirements, I know each program is approved on merit by local aviation authority,
Anybody know?

It's somewhat uncertain. One airline did indeed drop their cadets after finishing their MPL, before joining the airline in question. Fortunately, it was a small number of cadets with a widely used aircraft type rating and they were able to transfer them to another airline.

However, if there was a market downturn and no one needed new cadets, or the type rating was for an aircraft not widely used then I don't think the prospects would be good.

That being said, EasyJet is in a very strong position and the chances of that happening are highly unlikely (not impossible). It is unlikely enough for most people (and myself) to want to bet on anyway.

fox231
7th Aug 2017, 13:50
Hey Fox, as I am still waiting for my route allocation, may I ask you when you sat stage 3 at Dibden and when you heard back ?
Thanks a lot !

Hey there, sat my stage 3 in the first week of July. Good luck!

FlyVeryHigh-
7th Aug 2017, 13:52
Question:

Anybody know?

How come this guy was let go?

o_rey28
7th Aug 2017, 17:41
Just been told I have passed my stage 3, now waiting for easyJet's decision. I have 2 questions for anyone will to share their knowhow:

Firstly does this mean that if I don't get selected by easyJet that I will be offered whitetail?

Secondly how long have others waited to hear about easyJet's decision?

Thanks

ec_2017
7th Aug 2017, 19:32
I, and most of the others heard within 3 weeks after our stage 3 at Dibden. A few haven't heard yet, but it's still only been 5 weeks, and CTC/L3 say it could possibly take 8... on our day, people received a mixture of route 1, 2 and 3...

Generally, to be put forward for easyJet, you will receive at least route 3... however, the e-mail states you have met L3's criteria, and not necessarily easyJet's, and I think last year someone on here mentioned being offered whitetail, and not route 1,2 or 3... but it seems only a minority, but to answer your question, to be told you've met L3's standards, that is essentially saying that if you don't get an easyJet route, you have a whitetail offer

lapilot
8th Aug 2017, 05:52
Hey there, sat my stage 3 in the first week of July. Good luck!
So same week as me, frustrating to still be waiting :(

o_rey28
8th Aug 2017, 08:07
I, and most of the others heard within 3 weeks after our stage 3 at Dibden. A few haven't heard yet, but it's still only been 5 weeks, and CTC/L3 say it could possibly take 8... on our day, people received a mixture of route 1, 2 and 3...

Generally, to be put forward for easyJet, you will receive at least route 3... however, the e-mail states you have met L3's criteria, and not necessarily easyJet's, and I think last year someone on here mentioned being offered whitetail, and not route 1,2 or 3... but it seems only a minority, but to answer your question, to be told you've met L3's standards, that is essentially saying that if you don't get an easyJet route, you have a whitetail offer

If you don't mind me asking, when was your stage 3?

UberPilot
8th Aug 2017, 08:36
No one gets "let go" from eJ. Once you're on the line, MPL or fATPL, then you have an interview for your permanent contract after 12-15 months. Thereafter you are a on a permanent contract and will not "let go" unless dismissed for an number of reasons.

I have heard of guys failing the initial flexi-to-perm interview, but they all subsequently passed at the second attempt. Remember during the flexi year you can be dismissed with no notice for any disciplinary reasons, so any one who claims to be have been "let go" will probably be covering something. As with any job though, keep your head down and don't try not to draw attention to yourself!

I also know of one MPL chap who failed his initial line training so he was never released onto the line- this would be classed as a training failure.

ec_2017
8th Aug 2017, 17:30
If you don't mind me asking, when was your stage 3?

Sure, I had my stage 3 in the first week of July. Have you had your stage 2/3 yet? If not, then hope it goes well!

TheHighFlyah
9th Aug 2017, 18:35
Hey guys!

I've got my stage 2 at OAA soon and I was just wondering what tests come up in the ADAPT assessment so I can prepare for these.

Any help would be greatly appropriated.

Thanks!

wils180
9th Aug 2017, 18:52
hey, firstly they send you a personality questionnaire to do a few days before. once there you have to do a progressive maths test, physics test, and a bit of a weird one where you spot shapes in things and remember number sequences. after that there's like a flying test and then the FAST test where you are overloaded with information and then have to recall some parts in a set of questions at the end, you get to do it twice and the main thing they want is for you to improve your score from the first time. after that it's the red dot test, then you go home.

the oaa latest pilot jobs prep is virtually identical so i would recommend using that if you want to prepare thoroughly!

the administrator lady is super nice and makes it really relaxed, so like she emphasises that u aren't locked in, and are allowed to leave the room as and when you wish for short breaks; i did twice as it broke the testing up a bit and helped keep me relaxed. some people do just prefer to hammer through though!

overall it's quite a good afternoon out so best of look and hopefully see you at stage 3!

Alexcarmona99
9th Aug 2017, 19:41
Hello everybody!!
Does anyone know the price of integrated ATPL with Easyjet? Because I've passed the first phase (online phase) and now I have to go there to pass the assessment but if I pass this new phase I dont really know the cost of the training. Thanks!!

ec_2017
9th Aug 2017, 21:01
If you're talking about courses with L3 CTS/ CTC Aviation, then it's all on their website, via the easyJet page. Hope stage 2 goes well...

MPL Course cost = £109,000
ATPL Course cost = £123,800

More info here: https://www.l3airlineacademy.com/easyjet-finance

gbotley
10th Aug 2017, 07:59
Hi Alexcarmona99,

If you're having to ask this question I would get yourself a pen plus a pad of paper and start some serious research. It's never good to go applying for something to which you do not totally understand. I'm not saying this to be rude, more constructive.

Best of luck in your assessment.

TheHighFlyah
11th Aug 2017, 10:26
hey, firstly they send you a personality questionnaire to do a few days before. once there you have to do a progressive maths test, physics test, and a bit of a weird one where you spot shapes in things and remember number sequences. after that there's like a flying test and then the FAST test where you are overloaded with information and then have to recall some parts in a set of questions at the end, you get to do it twice and the main thing they want is for you to improve your score from the first time. after that it's the red dot test, then you go home.

the oaa latest pilot jobs prep is virtually identical so i would recommend using that if you want to prepare thoroughly!

the administrator lady is super nice and makes it really relaxed, so like she emphasises that u aren't locked in, and are allowed to leave the room as and when you wish for short breaks; i did twice as it broke the testing up a bit and helped keep me relaxed. some people do just prefer to hammer through though!

overall it's quite a good afternoon out so best of look and hopefully see you at stage 3!

Thanks for the information buddy! That was incredibly useful...
Hopefully I'll see you at stage 3 :)

o_rey28
11th Aug 2017, 14:23
Out of curiosity does anyone know roundabout what percentage of applicants get an acceptance letter for the airline specific schemes?

Also is there anyone who got funding not from BBVA but from a normal high street style bank, for example Natwest, I hear some people have been finding products in such places?

EGPF
12th Aug 2017, 19:20
French EasyJet Pilots Appeal to Founder Stelios Over Cost Cuts - Bloomberg
https://apple.news/A68ymAuWBShKAOm4AF77tBw

Added note:
I think it's important for those who are going to make a huge investment to understand the current climate of easyJet.

EGPF
12th Aug 2017, 19:26
Out of curiosity does anyone know roundabout what percentage of applicants get an acceptance letter for the airline specific schemes?

Also is there anyone who got funding not from BBVA but from a normal high street style bank, for example Natwest, I hear some people have been finding products in such places?

I suggest asking L3CTS about statistics and in terms of funding, L3CTS said to me that candidates have managed to secure funding similar to BBVAs from other lenders.

I do recommend asking L3CTS questions as they do reply quickly and seem happy in doing so in my opinion.

Kashmiri
13th Aug 2017, 00:01
I have 1 year left of uni, I want to apply to a mentored/sponsored scheme. Easyjet seems like a good choice. I will need the £100k-ish loan for the training, but I will only take the loan if the airline can be a guarantor. My father is not willing to write off the house. Does Easyjet offer to be the loan guarantor with the Generation Easyjet scheme? Also, what is the selection process for Generation Easyjet with CAE OAA? Is there a way to prepare for the selection day tests?

EGPF
13th Aug 2017, 09:10
I've not heard or read that anyone's loan has easyJet as their guarantor however if you do "exceptionally well" at the selection process, they can underwrite your loan however I'm starting to believe that the chances of that happening are extremely low...

In terms of the selection process at OAA, I recommend reading blogs of people who have went there. It basically consists of an aptitude test, a group task and an interview.

DaveBC
13th Aug 2017, 22:23
I have 1 year left of uni, I want to apply to a mentored/sponsored scheme. Easyjet seems like a good choice. I will need the £100k-ish loan for the training, but I will only take the loan if the airline can be a guarantor. My father is not willing to write off the house. Does Easyjet offer to be the loan guarantor with the Generation Easyjet scheme? Also, what is the selection process for Generation Easyjet with CAE OAA? Is there a way to prepare for the selection day tests?

For your guarantor question:

From what I have understood, you will need to apply and be approved for the loan without any assistance from easyJet. This involves putting a business plan together and sourcing some form of security (e.g. a house). Then if you are deemed exceptional, easyJet will offer to underwrite the loan with their head office instead of whatever you used originally (presumably your parent's house). That being said, I wouldn't rest your hopes on being offered an underwriting.

o_rey28
14th Aug 2017, 14:17
I did mine on the 26th July and it was still the pen and paper no calculator set up. May I ask where you heard this?

ManUtd1999
14th Aug 2017, 18:39
From what I have understood, you will need to apply and be approved for the loan without any assistance from easyJet. This involves putting a business plan together and sourcing some form of security (e.g. a house). Then if you are deemed exceptional, easyJet will offer to underwrite the loan with their head office instead of whatever you used originally (presumably your parent's house). That being said, I wouldn't rest your hopes on being offered an underwriting

That doesnt sound quite right - wouldn't that defeat the object of underwriting loans in the first place? If only people who can (and are willing) to source the loan anyway can get it then that's great for them but it doesn't do anything to boost accessibility

wils180
14th Aug 2017, 21:06
unfortunately it is right, easyJet confirmed this at the latest oaa information session. you have to be approved for a loan for them to then offer to put their hq up rather than your house

A320ECAM
14th Aug 2017, 21:09
So technically, if you do not fulfill the repayments, then easyJet's Hangar 89 is going to be repossessed by the BBVA bank ha?

wils180
14th Aug 2017, 21:20
yep that's what i took from it

flyingintheclouds
14th Aug 2017, 21:27
easyJet: inside the cockpit was actually quite good in my opinion, mentioned the cost which I'm glad they didn't try and cover up.

BAe 146-100
14th Aug 2017, 21:35
A cadets mum playing the grand piano within the first 10 minutes (like all pilots parents do...) and double barreled names galore. Not any of them featured had any life experience and came across as toffish while spending their parents money, which they said multiple times throughout the show, because no pilot ever financed their training themselves either...

Pish and did nothing but inadvertently confirm what is wrong with the industry at the moment which I am sure easyjet didn't want.

doz111
14th Aug 2017, 22:25
The program said nothing about zero hours contracts either, as expected.

Actually they incorrectly stated that the FO was earning £40k a year, when he would have been on Flexicrew.

planesandthings
14th Aug 2017, 23:24
How on earth did that get approved? How does that do anything for L3 and EasyJet's image?

Multiple disastrous scenes which did nothing but degrade the view of pilots as inexperienced, elitist, rich and sterotypical with sensational editing by ITV, some of the individuals concerned didn't deserve it. And don't even get me started on the sexist and totally unprofessional conversation between the FO and Cabin Crew, this is not 1977, that shouldn't have ever been recorded, let-alone got anywhere near national television.

Shameful, i'd be very embarrassed to have worked with this production.

Speedbird148
15th Aug 2017, 07:24
I've got to admit as an aspiring pilot it was a little embarrassing to watch.

Though I can appreciate it's been edited to make "good tv viewing". Which may do some injustice to those on camera.

JB007
15th Aug 2017, 11:17
I received 3 text messages from fellow professional aviators; 'Do not watch this utter tripe...you'll want to retire even earlier than you do already...'

easyJet PR department needs a talking to! Embarrassing...

And did some kid really have a selfie-stick on his circuits!?!

...did nothing but inadvertently confirm what is wrong with the industry at the moment...

Spot on!

o_rey28
15th Aug 2017, 12:13
Moving back to this years MPL scheme, has anybody had any recent news?

tcm1707
15th Aug 2017, 16:02
I was reading through this forum yesterday and decided to apply. I got an "invitation" to the first assessment 25 minutes after I submitted my application. Not sure I want to spend 295 GBP and about another 100 GBP to fly down from Glasgow to attend.

I was accepted onto the easyJet MPL in 2015 but I couldn't take up my place because my loan arrangements fell through.

Loan underwriting is the only way I'd be able to take a place, like many of you on this forum. I'm in two minds about going down.

On one hand I'm thinking I can spend a few hundred pounds to go through the process, do as well as I can, and using my experience of having gone through it all before hope to get a place on route 1 and hope to get loan underwriting. If I don't, no huge loss. A few hundred pounds is a relative drop in the ocean for a career I'd love to have.

On the other hand, would it just be a waste of time and money? I really have no idea what an "exceptional candidate" looks like. I could do thorough preparation and hope to do really well - which, if I'm honest, is something I think I could have a fair crack at.

I comfortably meet the academic requirements, but I wouldn't call my academic credentials "exceptional". That variable is something I can't control, but PILAPT, group exercises, and the interview are all things that I can.

Everything surrounding the loan underwriting is very opaque. Makes me wonder if they are asking candidates who are offered it to stay quiet about it. The fact that I got a response so quickly suggests to me suggests that they don't have many applicants at the moment. If they are looking to recruit several hundred candidates - with an extended deadline for applications to the end of this year, what does that mean for the programme overall? Haven't they found the right candidates? Would they be more likely to offer underwriting if they were struggling for numbers?

LostInFlight88
15th Aug 2017, 16:04
Nothing sorry o_rey28

LostInFlight88
15th Aug 2017, 16:10
tcm1707 - I would go for it - even if you don't get through, you gain experience in the selection process (more than you realise). It also proves your determination and motivates you to keep trying. Also, it is a chance to fly! :) ... you don't want to look back and think what if...

tcm1707
15th Aug 2017, 16:21
That is very valuable! There's also a chance that the BAFPP might be sprung upon us out of the blue. Having recent experience would help with that. I could still apply through Oxford if that was within 6 months of me going to CTC (or whatever they're called these days).

flyingintheclouds
15th Aug 2017, 16:30
I would go for it, however as some people have said above to get your loan underwrote you need to get it approved by BBVA in the first place.
Another thing to consider is BBVA are supposedly stopping loans at the end of the year. I also wouldn't hold out for BAFPP. It may not even open again and if it does it's unlikely it would be until next year and if you go off rumours that have been said on here they're probably not going to be sponsoring it anymore.

o_rey28
15th Aug 2017, 16:31
Be aware that you only get 2 attempts to apply. This was said at my last assessment day by the recruitment team. I don't know if it is 2 attempts per scheme or 2 overall but it may be worth asking the careers team so that you don't waste a potential last attempt.

I also don't know if technically not being rejected counts as one of your attempts but thought you might want to know.

tcm1707
15th Aug 2017, 16:34
This will be my fifth visit to CTC, 4th for an easyJet programme. They seem to be pretty lax about that rule.

o_rey28
15th Aug 2017, 16:41
In that case I wish you good fortune in the wars to come!

tcm1707
15th Aug 2017, 16:50
I would go for it, however as some people have said above to get your loan underwrote you need to get it approved by BBVA in the first place.
Another thing to consider is BBVA are supposedly stopping loans at the end of the year. I also wouldn't hold out for BAFPP. It may not even open again and if it does it's unlikely it would be until next year and if you go off rumours that have been said on here they're probably not going to be sponsoring it anymore.

I take everything I read on here with a pinch of salt! The BA website says that they hope to bring it back with the same principle in place. That's assurance enough for me. :)

planesandthings
15th Aug 2017, 20:17
Don't know where you've been looking but. When I met the team at Flyer Live earlier in the year they said

"BA's cadet pilot needs for 2017 and 2018 are being met by FPP cadets currently in training and a small number of CTC whitetails" and that the entire programme and it's structure is under review like most of the airline has been recently since the new management team. BA is not the same as when FPP opened.

You don't have to look far to see BA is hardly worth getting excited about. I would treat FPP opening as a great surprise and apply for EZY or another programme that actually does exist. It's no suprise the FPP forum is so quiet!

All the best.

leonardicsr
17th Aug 2017, 11:08
Hi guys! I just submitted my application with OAA. Do you know how long it's going to take before I get an email or something? Thanks

Transpond
17th Aug 2017, 12:08
I got an email from both CTC and OAA the next day inviting me to the assessment.

leonardicsr
17th Aug 2017, 12:18
Wait what? From both ctc and oaa? I just submitted the application to oaa. How long should it take from when you submit the application to the day you sign the contract? Because I would like to start the modular at oaa by November if I'm not accepted.

tryu32
17th Aug 2017, 17:57
iks it possiable to apply both for CTC and OAA for hte easyjet progrem at the same time?

Vin95
17th Aug 2017, 21:09
If accepted onto Route 1-4, do EasyJet require you to stay with the company for x amount of years?

EGPF
17th Aug 2017, 22:58
Currently, I suppose you could although CTC used to say on their application page that if you were not successful in either them or in OAA you couldn't apply - well that lasted for a month really if I rightly remember.

Other information to note:
Remember that both charge fees for selection.

tryu32
19th Aug 2017, 16:32
another question, i know that no one will actually be able to give a real number here but maybe an educated guess...
of the ppl that go to the selection and pass it does any one knows how many pass only the school selection but no the companies, and been offered self sponsored route?
im asking because i have a whitetail offer from ctc (got it before the EZY option was open) and im trying to understand if i passed it whats the % that ill get in EZY or get the self sponsored option again or fail all together in the second time...

TheHighFlyah
20th Aug 2017, 10:56
Just a quick question for the Stage 2 Assessment day at OAA...

Does anyone know what the memory tests are called just so I can practise them?

Thanks in advance :)

erpeor
20th Aug 2017, 13:12
hi guys,

according to easyjet:

The funding required for the complete easyJet MPL route is £109,000, comprising:
Training Security Bond – £69,000 (paid in 13 instalments)
MPL Training Fee 1 – £20,800
MPL Training Fee 2 – £19,200

Does anyone know when the payments of 20,8k and the 19,2k are due?

Cheers

ScotWings
20th Aug 2017, 13:23
MPL fee 1 due about 5 months into training.

MPL fee 2 about 14 months into training.

flyingintheclouds
20th Aug 2017, 15:13
Does anyone have any info on how many hours eJ pilots are flying per year/month?

byrondaf
20th Aug 2017, 20:53
Gatwick - Summer 80-100, winter 30-50 - Annual 800-850
Luton - Summer 70-100, winter 30-50 - Annual 750-800
Stansted - Summer 50-80, winter 20-50 - Annual 650-700

Smaller bases tend to be much quieter for obvious reasons.

That's based on the guys I trained with at these bases. Gatwick guys tend to get hammered. Doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rules though. I'm on a perm contract and averaged 45/month during winter at Luton, some guys on flexi had 80-90. But also vice versa, some flexi guys complaining about not having many hours and perm guys getting hammered. Swings and roundabouts is the name of the game.

flyingintheclouds
20th Aug 2017, 21:27
Thanks for those! It's only the winter numbers that look a bit scary if on flexicrew, however if what they told me at my interview phases that they hope to scrap it by the time I start should be okay.

TheHighFlyah
21st Aug 2017, 17:47
I've got a question for the Stage 2 ADAPT test at OAA. Basically in the "FAST" or "Multitasking" task, I know you have to improve on the second go but say you do your best twice and the result is similar, would it not be safer to purposely do worse on the first go so that you can improve more on the second?

flyingintheclouds
21st Aug 2017, 18:37
I know this is CTC not OAA however I assume the tests are similar, and they are scored using the same theory.
But on a few of mine if I recall I got the same score three times in a row, I was annoyed because I thought I failed as I didn't improve. However I I passed fine so who knows!

wils180
22nd Aug 2017, 07:33
I've got a question for the Stage 2 ADAPT test at OAA. Basically in the "FAST" or "Multitasking" task, I know you have to improve on the second go but say you do your best twice and the result is similar, would it not be safer to purposely do worse on the first go so that you can improve more on the second?

that's a good shout but i would argue against it, you will always score higher the second time round because it is essentially the exact same test you did 2 minutes earlier. so it's probably better to score well the first time, and then even better the second time. rather than poor the first time and then well the second

TheHighFlyah
22nd Aug 2017, 12:00
Thank you @flyingintheclouds and @wils180 for the replies! You're both right, I guess it's just best to perform at your best at all times...

It is an interesting test though!

o_rey28
22nd Aug 2017, 12:59
Hi guys, to anyone that has been offered an easyJet route, what date did you receive your offer?

I'm trying to gauge when the 1 month ranking periods end and start.

I've seen one person say they received their email on 24th July so is it around the 24th every month that they send out results?

jimi_riddler
22nd Aug 2017, 19:34
From what I understand it's every two months.

js1
23rd Aug 2017, 12:17
I applied for the EasyJet MPL and have been selected for an assessment day at Dibden in September but I'm worried I'm too old. I've just turned 30 and always been passionate about being a pilot. Should I go for it?

ec_2017
23rd Aug 2017, 20:34
Hi guys, to anyone that has been offered an easyJet route, what date did you receive your offer?

I'm trying to gauge when the 1 month ranking periods end and start.

I've seen one person say they received their email on 24th July so is it around the 24th every month that they send out results?

Hi,

I had my selection on the 4th July, and got a successful route 1 e-mail on the 24th July. I know of others that heard later, some haven't heard yet... I think it's just a case of you get lucky, and hear quicker, or may have to wait a tad longer. Think they advertise a max of 8 weeks though, in their e-mail, which is much better than last year, as some waited up to 3 months to hear back...

Just be happy you've passed selection, because at the very least, you've got the ATPL easyJet route, which means you'll be classed as a tagged cadet, just like an MPL - best of luck

A J Rimmer
24th Aug 2017, 16:40
Am I too old?

Hi JS1. You're not too old; give it a go. Whilst I don't know the upper age limit for application to the Generation easyJet programme, I am 31 and have been accepted through CTC onto easyJet's Route 1 scheme and will start training at 32. Go for it :)

mboqseif
25th Aug 2017, 08:44
I applied for the EasyJet MPL and have been selected for an assessment day at Dibden in September but I'm worried I'm too old. I've just turned 30 and always been passionate about being a pilot. Should I go for it?

I was 32 when I applied and passed the interview stages . If I can get the funding from out of thin air, I will be 33 when i start the course and close to 35 by the time i would start. Don't let age bother you (although I can imagine feeling old when you are on a course with a load of 20 year olds :) [if that ends up being the case])

Basil Fawlty1
25th Aug 2017, 10:13

Too old ?? Absolutely not - 30 is the perfect age to do this imho, a bit of life experience behind you, but still a long career ahead of you.

I applied at age 42 and have been invited to phase 2. However, I'm not sure whether I'd switch from modular to this at this stage in my life. If I was 10 years younger I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Good luck !

unmanned_droid
27th Aug 2017, 12:46
Too old ?? Absolutely not - 30 is the perfect age to do this imho, a bit of life experience behind you, but still a long career ahead of you.

I applied at age 42 and have been invited to phase 2. However, I'm not sure whether I'd switch from modular to this at this stage in my life. If I was 10 years younger I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Good luck !

How about 35? 14 years as an aerostructures engineer and I think it's time to try to do what I wanted to do in the first place...fly aeroplanes for a living.

tryu32
28th Aug 2017, 07:42
to any one that passed the selection, whats the time frame easy gave you to start the course after you got the email telling u u passed?

mboqseif
28th Aug 2017, 08:26
My experience was that I was told that I passed the day after my interview at the start of may, told that I was route 1 at the end of may and that the courses that I should aim for were either mid august or 2nd week in September.

I get the impression that the course starts available for the rest of the year are a couple of dates in October and then nothing until next year so the amount of time between passing now and being able to start if you can't do October will be longer than normal.

Hope that helps

tryu32
28th Aug 2017, 11:08
so they told you you will be able to start in courses next year as well?
for example if u pass whitetail with L3 you have 1 year to start traning or you'll have to retake the selection process.
is it the same with easyjet? you have a time frame you can start and if you wont start with in that time frame your offer will be revoked?

wils180
28th Aug 2017, 14:24
building on the above, are the courses self enrolled?

mboqseif
28th Aug 2017, 14:36
Technically they didn't mention anything about next years courses, just that the last start dates for this year are in October. The letter that CTC sent to me said that the offer was valid for a year (the one from easy themselves mentions nothing for timeframes off the top of my head) but I remember at the interview day that they mentioned that easy may move you down the routes the longer you take to accept the offer. I'm not sure how much of that is was just them trying to get you to start sooner.

A320ECAM
29th Aug 2017, 11:10
Guys, one of my son's friends asked me about the easyJet MPL scheme and I admit I haven't got much of a clue. But I have tracked this thread since it's birth and I have found some interesting blogs/reads from cadets who have been through the MPL Scheme. But I'm hoping somebody who has gone through the scheme on here or has in depth knowledge may answer the following questions:

1) How are the modules split? 6 months in Southampton, 6 months in Hamilton, NZ and 6 months in Bournemouth?

2) Do cadets get time off to spend with family throughout training? I understand usually after finishing exams? How much time off is allocated during the course?

3) Can partners fly out to NZ with them and live in accommodation? I have explained that the course will be very intense.

4) Have BBVA stopped doing loans altogether or do they still have an agreement with L3/CTC?

5) When are the course start dates likely for 2018?

qbigglesq
30th Aug 2017, 18:48
Hi everyone,

Would be grateful for any information on the following:

-If we pass Phase 1 (initial application screening) do we have to sit cut-e aptitude tests prior to attending Dibden Manor Day 1?

-For those who have passed Dibden Manor Day 1, how long after was your Day 2 assessment?

Thanks for any info.

gbotley
30th Aug 2017, 23:03
@A320ECAM,

Understandable you've questions. I'll aim to answer them the best I can. I'm a current cadet out in NZ. I'm not on the easyJet MPL, but I train alongside many who are and a fair few of those questions are universal regardless of course.

I will presume based on the focus on NZ that you refer to the MPL course at L3 Airline Academy as there are two other schools too. Much of a muchness either way.

1) How are the modules split? 6 months in Southampton, 6 months in Hamilton, NZ and 6 months in Bournemouth?

For the MPL it's typically..

6 Months ATPL Theory in Southampton / Coventry
4 - 5 Month MPL Flight Training in New Zealand
A couple of weeks and a few flights in Bournemouth on the DA42;
Then A320 sim for the remainder of your course (Nursling or London)

The course is about 2 years in duration from nothing to the right hand seat if all goes well.

2) Do cadets get time off to spend with family throughout training? I understand usually after finishing exams? How much time off is allocated during the course?

This depends on how busy the school is and how aligned to your planned timetable you are. For example, between ground school and coming out to New Zealand, our course - inclusive of the MPL chaps - had a month off. We applied for Visas etc in this time. In ground school the weekends were very much yours to do as you please so I did pop home on one or two occasions. To your last point, time isn't so much allocated as being 'off' as with the MPLs they need to get you line ready by the agreed date with the airline. You may not feel that's the case when in training, but a lot of decisions around the MPL focus on this point. If you're all ahead of time you might find yourself with a week off or two between phases. However, if weather in NZ or the UK hinders progress during the flying phase of training then that contingency may well be reduced to zero to keep you on track for your first line ready flight.

3) Can partners fly out to NZ with them and live in accommodation? I have explained that the course will be very intense.

The official standpoint is yes they may, with prior permission from the training co-ordinators. You're somewhat a mini slave to the security bond when at L3 and they will need you to always be at your best so tend to keep tabs on visitors. They may well charge a fee for their time in the accomodation also. Unofficially though, i've heard of people staying in the past with no issues. But yes, it is intense and you can easily fall behind when you've certain distractions around.

4) Have BBVA stopped doing loans altogether or do they still have an agreement with L3/CTC?

November 2017 is the latest end date given. If you can get an application in before then you may be in luck. With that said, speak with a financial advisor as I've heard from readers of my blog that a lot of them are finding deals suited to the training on the market from other lenders - at more favourable rates!

5) When are the course start dates likely for 2018?

Your guess is as good as mine there. It'll be as and when they need more applicants really. With that said, easyJet's MPL program has been open pretty much every year since its' inception. Either way, I believe easyJet understands it's sometimes treated as a stepping stone airline and with BA having offered many existing easyJet FOs jobs I can foresee them needing a steady flow of crew going forwards as those guys gradually hand in resignations. The industry is very fluid and changes all the time, so who knows.

Hope that helps.

FlyinErin
31st Aug 2017, 07:11

The official standpoint is yes they may, with prior permission from the training co-ordinators. You're somewhat a mini slave to the security bond when at L3 and they will need you to always be at your best so tend to keep tabs on visitors. They may well charge a fee for their time in the accomodation also. Unofficially though, i've heard of people staying in the past with no issues. But yes, it is intense and you can easily fall behind when you've certain distractions around.
[/QUOTE]

This is not what i was told by L3 representitives at a recent open day. I asked directly if my fiancee would be able to stay with me in NZ or Arizona and was told catagorically that it wasn't possible and indeed actively discouraged.

gbotley
31st Aug 2017, 09:07

This is not what i was told by L3 representitives at a recent open day. I asked directly if my fiancee would be able to stay with me in NZ or Arizona and was told catagorically that it wasn't possible and indeed actively discouraged.

Actively discouraged, yes but possible, also yes. Three of my coursemates have each had their partners stay out here during training for a week or two. They don't actively shout about it being possible, but they do allow it if you're on timeline.

qbigglesq
31st Aug 2017, 09:42
@qbigglesq

After you pass the initial screening, you should get straight onto Pilapt & Math tests in Dibden - No Cut-e tests (at least not with L3)

@tlipiec Thanks for the info - appreciate it.

tcm1707
1st Sep 2017, 14:37
I emailed easyJet directly to ask them about underwriting. They pretty much take the same line as L3 - exceptional candidates over all parts of selection. However, they did say that a limited number of guarantees are still available. Are there any accounts of anyone being offered this? I'm skeptical that it's not much more than a way to draw attention to the programme and the school.

Still mulling over whether to go through it all again only to be denied my place due to financing.

Tempted to join as cabin crew in the hopes that one day it might get me a chance of getting a guarantee from the airline. Otherwise, might continue developing myself in the career I'm currently and see what opportunities come up in future.

I'm almost a solo glider pilot now too, so that would be another feather in my bow in future.

o_rey28
1st Sep 2017, 20:56
I know I am far from having waited the longest but is anybody here sharing in my pain of waiting for a result? It's been 4 weeks since my second assessment and am yet to hear anything regarding EasyJet's decision for my application :}

ml11avc
1st Sep 2017, 23:28
Hi all

My name is Amy, for anybody who was with me on day 2 of the assessments!

I've been routed MPL and received the contract in the post today. No clue how I'm going to fund it yet, doesn't seem as if underwriting will be happening! I've decided that I'm going to ring easyjet next week to enquire - member of staff at CTC told me it was unlikely that I've got it as they hadn't been informed by easyjet, so just gonna approach them directly!

On the other hand, it's gonna be looking way more likely that I secure a loan against my parents property. We'll see as nothing about that is certain at all! This industry has made virtually no progress at all at making it more accessible for the ordinary person.

My next steps now are to contact high street banks to see if they're able to offer anything and hopefully speak to a financial advisor. Clearly it seems that BBVA may still be an option, but it makes me question their safety and the bank itself as to why they're removing their pilot product. Could anybody shed any light on this?

Il let you all know what becomes of high street banks! Really do not want to have to turn this offer down :(

Also, for anybody who is in the know about the L3 training contract - it says you have 28 days to sign and send back - does anybody know what the case is if you require longer to sign it etc? I'm going to enquire about this too on Monday. Will keep everybody posted!

Hope you guys find out your route allocations soon :)

o_rey28
2nd Sep 2017, 09:38
First off, congrats! Secondly I'm planning on going through BBVA myself and as far as I am aware the bank itself is quite a big one in Spain, plenty of adverts for it can be seen when abroad, so I wouldn't worry about the legitimacy or safety of it but that's just my opinion.

May I ask as to when you did your second assessment?

And did you get an email before receiving the contract?

gbotley
2nd Sep 2017, 11:32
For anybody who is in the know about the L3 training contract - it says you have 28 days to sign and send back - does anybody know what the case is if you require longer to sign it etc? I'm going to enquire about this too on Monday.

I was awaiting BBVA's response before I paid the first payment/deposit but I made sure to return the contract within the timeframe asked of me. The staff at CTC/L3 were accommodating of BBVA taking some time and didn't rush for that first payment. As long as I kept them updated throughout they were happy with that. Given it's an MPL offer i'd double check with them first hand though!

BBVA are restructuring their operations in the UK following a reduction in sale of typical high street products. The Canary Wharf office which manages the BBVA loan product is to close at the end of the year as part of this. Loans accepted by November 2017 will be honored and managed by another branch during the restructuring. BBVA themselves are a huge entity in Spain and are the countries second largest bank. Their focus in the UK was mostly on investments / commercial products to which pilot funding sat within.

zakghent
3rd Sep 2017, 16:23
I have my first assessment coming up. Can anyone who has been recently confirm the content? Am I right in saying it's PILAPT and Maths on the first day and if invited back it's group exercise and interview on the second?

o_rey28
3rd Sep 2017, 17:18
That's correct and there's a little presentation at both. Good luck and enjoy it!

FlyYorkshire
5th Sep 2017, 18:51
Hi everyone!

Been reading this thread for a while but decided to ask for a bit of advice! I applied before taking my A-Levels and was offered the 2nd stage interview at Dibden, however with my A-Levels so close I didn't book onto any of the dates.

I have just had another email from easyJet/L3 saying they still have dates available and now the stress of A-Levels is over, I'm back from my holidays and settled with my results I want to attend one and give it my all! The only thing stopping me however... the £295!

£295 is a small price to pay should you be offered the course, but a large smack in the face if you don't! I just wondered if anyone had an idea of how many people tend to make it through?

I'm also still in the process of having my vision checked by an optician to ensure this won't stop be getting my Class 1 Medical! My optician is struggling to find the requirements for this and its quite vague online when relating to my case, I have a squint with close to perfect vision in my right eye, but limited vision in my left. Finally, can anyone advise on this at all? I know you're not opticians but just thought maybe someone had come across it?

Thanks everyone!

gbotley
5th Sep 2017, 22:45
@FlyYorkshire

Agreed, it's steep. I attended twice so ended up paying ~£500 before even getting my offer. A large number of cadets coming through the doors are now easyJet MPL / Route 2 / 3 so they've got a large quota to fill it seems. Especially as L3 keep pushing for new applicants. In any case, I'd recommend giving it a shot.. but don't book one very close to todays date as i'd still allow yourself time to mentally prepare.

As for your optician requirements, everything you'll need to meet as far as the eyesight goes can be found at the below link. There are relevant documents there which your optician can read if need be. Realistically your best bet would be to go for a Class 1 medical first and foremost to check anything with your overall fitness for flight.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Aeromedical-Examiners/Medical-standards/Pilots-(EASA)/Conditions/Visual/Visual-system-guidance-material-GM/

NAW1302
6th Sep 2017, 16:14
Hi, does anyone know how competitive the easyJet program is? i.e the ratio of applicants to successful applicants. I applied to the route 3 ATPL rather than MPL and MPL upgrade. Does anyone know which route is more/less competitive?
Thanks

flyingintheclouds
6th Sep 2017, 19:38
Unless they've changed the format (haven't looked as on mobile) you apply for the course as a whole then easyJet award you a route.

gbotley
7th Sep 2017, 00:02
@NAW1302

Route 1 is clearly the most competitive given its' the airlines flagship and as such places on MPL will be limited. To secure Route 1 or 2 you must meet the airline requirements in entirety, i.e. grades/qualifications. Once your initial application has been reviewed by L3 you will be told which route(s) you qualify for and will be offered the opportunity to book yourself onto the relevant selection day. i.e. Route 1/2 or Route 3. I'm afraid I do not have the exact figures really but there are a fair few Route 3 cadets in the process at the moment. As far as I see Route 3, it's just L3's Whitetail program with the tagging occurring at the start rather than the end thereby cutting out the holdpool step.

Best of luck in your selection and future training,

mboqseif
7th Sep 2017, 08:55
Hi gbotley

There are no separate interview days for route 1/2 and 3.

As you know (having used your blog in part to prep), you apply, have your initial screening, then do your PILAPT and maths day and then come back for the group day if successful.

You don't get offered group interview dates based on your route as you don't actually know which route you are on yet for the most part. You just get offered open dates.

There was a greek man on my group interview day who had already been told they were on route 3 (i think because of some qualifications issue but not sure) but the rest of us had no idea.

After the group interview day, i was told i was successful but it took a month before they told me my route.

I would say that there is no real competitiveness with the routes and the reason i say it is because I would assume that they would prefer all their applicants to go down the MPL route. i.e. if 40 applied and 40 were MPL standard, would they not want to offer all 40 the MPL route? (obviously with possible different start dates) On the candidates side, yes you probably want the MPL but if you haven't got the necessary academic qualifications, you won't be able to do it and so there is nothing to compete for.

I may well be wrong but that is my take on how competitive the routes are.

gbotley
7th Sep 2017, 10:16
@mboqseif

Apologies if it didn't come over clear. What I meant by that was if you don't meet the requirements for Route 1 or 2 then you'll never get 1 or 2 but could still be offered selection. There have been people in the past who have explicitly had selection knowing they were Route 3 only which is what I was alluding too.

tom0121
8th Sep 2017, 08:18
Hi,

Are there any good sites where I can practise for the day one assessment?

Thanks

qbigglesq
8th Sep 2017, 09:03
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered already but could any of you advise which pilot aptitude test preparation software best resembles the PILAPT test undertaken in 'Assessment 1' at the L3 Airline Academy? I'm finding it hard to decide between SkyTest, Pilot Aptitude Test and Latest Pilot Jobs. Please let me know if there are any others that I haven't mentioned worth considering.

Many thanks for your help!

31Pilot
8th Sep 2017, 11:49
SkyTest is definitely the most accurate in comparison.

For the Maths element I used both Pilot Aptitde and Latest Pilot. The questions on Latest Pilot are more like what you will get but it will be delivered in the style of the Pilot Aptitude version.

I'm hoping to re-attend later this year and I'll be using all three again.

If you use SkyTest I would really let it push you by using the training assistant feature. It will really push your ability and you'll find the actual on the day test is easier than this.

Ryder35742
9th Sep 2017, 05:57
Did anybody on here attend the day 2 assessment on Tuesday 5th September? I never got added to the what's app group.

AidenShan
10th Sep 2017, 08:45
Did anybody on here attend the day 2 assessment on Tuesday 5th September? I never got added to the what's app group.

I attended on the 5th September, I didn't know there was a whatsapp group though.

mboqseif
10th Sep 2017, 09:20
Hi guys, was emailed on the 5th of july saying that i had passed selection and there would be a minimum of 8 weeks before being told my route... I know of people at my assessment day 2 that have already had their routes assigned.. Would you suggest contacting easy/L3 or wait it out? Just trying to organise big events in the next few months, any advise would be extremely helpful

Hi bayj

Firstly congratulations on getting through!

Secondly, they say 8 weeks probably because they don't want people constantly calling to ask and because L3 can't control how long easyJet will take with their part of the decision. From what you see on here, late in the month is when most people have been getting their route allocation, mine personally was right at the end. The people on your assessment may have just got lucky or has been the case sometimes, they may have only been able to get on a specific route and as such, the decision time was shorter.

I would advise waiting, there is no rush. Try and arrange your medical or look into funding etc if you haven't done. As far as I know, the last course this year is at the end of October and if you haven't got a medical, you are unlikely to be able to start on that .

Good luck!

mboqseif
10th Sep 2017, 09:26
Hi guys, was emailed on the 5th of july saying that i had passed selection and there would be a minimum of 8 weeks before being told my route... I know of people at my assessment day 2 that have already had their routes assigned.. Would you suggest contacting easy/L3 or wait it out? Just trying to organise big events in the next few months, any advise would be extremely helpful

Whoops, just read the 5th July bit (missed it first time round), maybe that is a bit of a long time(but still within what they say). Maybe a call to L3 would be Worth it on Monday. They can either give you some information/tell you they will enquire or repeat the 'minimum' 8 weeks line

Ryder35742
10th Sep 2017, 15:36
I attended on the 5th September, I didn't know there was a whatsapp group though.

A couple of people said they were going to set one up. Guess it never happened.

lapilot
10th Sep 2017, 17:04
Hi, sat my day 2 on the fifth and heard back on the 6th from L3, emailed them during August to know if they heard from easyJet, got a reply saying that EZY was still reviewing my file and would get back to me. So you're not alone :)

tryu32
10th Sep 2017, 21:06
do you guys know if you are 100% accepted to as an EZY taged cadet just the route isnt clear yet? or its still possiable that they will tell you you got in but as a whitetail?
i mean what did the email they send u in the 6th said?

TheHighFlyah
11th Sep 2017, 15:13
Hey guys,

So, i passed my stage 2 at Oxford and dates have recently opened up for stage 3. Now my question is, there are dates with 18/18 places available and another with 6/6 available. So, does the number of people on the day affect/influence the day at all? Also, if you had a preference, which day would you choose, the one with 6 people or 18 people?

Thegreenmachine
11th Sep 2017, 16:47
18 of the smallest people in the world would struggle to fit into one room for a group exercise. I'd guess it's highly, highly likely the 18 will be split into groups, maybe of 6!?

wils180
11th Sep 2017, 18:39
I recently came across the same thing and found that some of the OAA whitetail stage 3 dates were the same but with 12/12 available, presumably they are the same stage 3 assessment thus taking the total to 18. I would rather do a stage 3 with everyone being totally new to it but that's just my preference. The example you mention may be different also, however this is what I discovered a few weeks ago when looking at dates myself

TheHighFlyah
11th Sep 2017, 18:52
18 of the smallest people in the world would struggle to fit into one room for a group exercise. I'd guess it's highly, highly likely the 18 will be split into groups, maybe of 6!?

Of course, it definitely makes sense that they will be split into groups of 6ish but I meant influence as in factors such as the waiting time for your interview being potentially longer if there is 18 of you instead of 6 and so on...

I recently came across the same thing and found that some of the OAA whitetail stage 3 dates were the same but with 12/12 available, presumably they are the same stage 3 assessment thus taking the total to 18. I would rather do a stage 3 with everyone being totally new to it but that's just my preference. The example you mention may be different also, however this is what I discovered a few weeks ago when looking at dates myself

Ahh I see, that does make more sense to be honest. You said you'd prefer having your stage 3 with everyone there being new to it and I couldn't agree more. But there's no way to know that is there?

wils180
11th Sep 2017, 18:57
no that's right, and it's likely that for some it could be there second or third visit at this stage, i just meant i'd rather everyone be in the same boat, rather than some already being whitetail cadets. not that it makes much difference i suppose, that's just my personal preference.

TheHighFlyah
11th Sep 2017, 20:08
Yeah, thats true... and definitely, that would be ideal! I'm with you on this one...

When is your Stage 3 mate?

wils180
11th Sep 2017, 20:45
26th Sept! not long now, you?

gbotley
12th Sep 2017, 00:25
Useful bit of info for you all...

The MPL syllabus at L3 - in respect of easyJet (currently) - has been modified to incorporate an EASA PPL. The flight test will be conducted during the flight training phase in New Zealand and prior to the initial IFR awareness stuff. It's nice to see a PPL and associated SEP rating incorporated as this permits a trainee to act as PIC and open a pathway to the more traditional CPL ME/IR route should it be needed.

Good luck to those in selection.

Speedbird148
12th Sep 2017, 05:59
Interesting. Do you know if that is a request from easyJet?

gbotley
12th Sep 2017, 06:35
@Speedbird148,

That i'm not sure of and i guess will be known in time if other schools follow suit. But in anycase, MPL cadets receive the required training for the PPL so it seems a no brainer to add it on to be honest. As far as I know it's addition simply affords a cadet the option to step onto a more traditional route if they ever had to leave the school - to which could occur for any number of reasons. In my eyes it's still a welcome change as it gives you something to show for your hours.

BravoAlphaWhiskey
12th Sep 2017, 12:01
Anyone have anything new to add on loan underwriting opportunities or maybe how this will change in the future?

planesandthings
12th Sep 2017, 17:44
@Speedbird148,

That i'm not sure of and i guess will be known in time if other schools follow suit. But in anycase, MPL cadets receive the required training for the PPL so it seems a no brainer to add it on to be honest. As far as I know it's addition simply affords a cadet the option to step onto a more traditional route if they ever had to leave the school - to which could occur for any number of reasons. In my eyes it's still a welcome change as it gives you something to show for your hours.

Fantastic news, L3 must have someone making decisions with some sense at last! No more embarrassment for MPL pilots who can fly an Airbus to Malaga but can't actually take their parents for a trip to the isle of wight in a light aircraft. :}

EGPF
12th Sep 2017, 20:00
Useful bit of info for you all...

The MPL syllabus at L3 - in respect of easyJet (currently) - has been modified to incorporate an EASA PPL. The flight test will be conducted during the flight training phase in New Zealand and prior to the initial IFR awareness stuff. It's nice to see a PPL and associated SEP rating incorporated as this permits a trainee to act as PIC and open a pathway to the more traditional CPL ME/IR route should it be needed.

Good luck to those in selection.

Thank you, its on the first post now.

TheHighFlyah
13th Sep 2017, 22:42
26th Sept! not long now, you?

Nice! Mines on the 25th of October.. Good Luck mate! :ok:

Also, are there any blogs detailing experiences from previous Oxford candidates? I'm really struggling to find more than just a few of them...

JimmyT123
16th Sep 2017, 17:17
Hi Guys

I have made it through to stage 2 and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what to expect? I have read the forum and seen suggestions about PILAPT AND SkyTest etc, all of which i cant quite afford at this current time. Is there any info on other prep methods at hand, or any info on what sort of maths to practise prior to attendance? ITS ALL VERY STRESSFUL!

Thegreenmachine
17th Sep 2017, 07:55
Hi.
There is a lot of information on here about stage 2 and how to prepare. I can't remember how much stage 2 is these days, £150/250? How will you pay for this, furthermore, the course itself if you can't afford the skytest (or whatever its called). Don't mean to be rude, just a genuine question?
Regardless of that the best way to prepare is to do lots and lots of mental maths. You can create a similar test environment at home by practising spatial awareness and logical thinking problems, spotting patterns etc at home. There must be books that have pages of these type problems. Wish you the best.

lapilot
17th Sep 2017, 07:56
Hi, I can only recommend Latestpilotjob if you're going to L3, it is relatively cheap and accurate.

EGPF
17th Sep 2017, 09:58
News:
easyJet Worldwide - basically to sum this up, easyJet have an idea of teaming up with Gatwick and other airlines to have 'connection' flights.

EasyJet Worldwide: Budget airlines? idea to team up at Gatwick airport is revolutionising the aviation industry | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/easyjet-worldwide-flights-gatwick-airport-norwegian-westjet-loganair-budget-airlines-long-haul-a7948841.html)

Inmric
18th Sep 2017, 15:25
Hello,

Anyone who attended recently to a day 2 assessment with L3/CTC can put some information regarding the day, group and interview? How much time take to them to tell you that assessment result?
Besides, what have we to expect at the online test before the assessment (if made)?

Many thanks!

DaveBC
20th Sep 2017, 10:36
Can anyone who has undertaken a stage 2 assessment at CAE vouch for LatestPilotsJobs.com's (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Oxford+Aviation+Academy+%28OAA%29+Pilot+Selection+and+Assess ment.html) study guide?

Has anyone used any other prep software they found useful?

erpeor
20th Sep 2017, 17:36
I used latespilotjobs and I totally recommend it

JimmyT123
20th Sep 2017, 18:25
ive looked at latestpilotjobs.com and pilotaptitudetest.com and cannot decide which to get

wils180
20th Sep 2017, 18:37
latest pilot jobs was literally identical to real assessment for oaa

erpeor
20th Sep 2017, 19:00
Same for L3academy

qbigglesq
22nd Sep 2017, 14:50
Hi all,

Does anyone know how many sheets of paper we get for rough workings in the numeracy test for Assessment 1 at L3?

Many thanks!

o_rey28
22nd Sep 2017, 15:23
Just received a route 3 offer! Obviously the slightly more expensive route but happy none the less!

ec_2017
22nd Sep 2017, 15:58
Hi all,

Does anyone know how many sheets of paper we get for rough workings in the numeracy test for Assessment 1 at L3?

Many thanks!

From what I remember, it was about 10, but it wasn't a case of that was your limit. There was more on a desk, as well as more pens; if anyone wanted any. Hope it goes well!

Ryder35742
22nd Sep 2017, 22:51
Been allocated route 1, absolutely thrilled.

lapilot
23rd Sep 2017, 06:39
Congrats! May I ask you when did you attend day 2 and how did you get the good news? :)

Ryder35742
23rd Sep 2017, 07:54
I attended on Sep 5th and got the news via email last night.

qbigglesq
23rd Sep 2017, 09:13
From what I remember, it was about 10, but it wasn't a case of that was your limit. There was more on a desk, as well as more pens; if anyone wanted any. Hope it goes well!

Thanks very much - that certainly puts my mind at rest. I've been doing practice numeracy tests but seem to be demolishing a forest each time!

wils180
23rd Sep 2017, 10:29

great stuff really well done! quick q, are the courses self-enrolled i.e. you choose a date within 12 months for example, or do they give you a specific start date to work towards?

lapilot
23rd Sep 2017, 12:33

Guess I should call L3... Been waiting since July 5th :(

mboqseif
23rd Sep 2017, 17:23
great stuff really well done! quick q, are the courses self-enrolled i.e. you choose a date within 12 months for example, or do they give you a specific start date to work towards?

They give you a date to work towards or a choice of what they have at the time. If you haven't managed to start , they usually call or email and tell you some new dates.

patelboss123
24th Sep 2017, 12:47
Hi got my stage 2 on the 26th October at oxford aviation academy anyone else booked on that day? I have subscribed to the Pilot aptitude test on Latest pilot jobs.com is this the one people have used previously?

morganelliott
24th Sep 2017, 16:47
I've just passed stage one of the easyJet MPL which I'm so happy about and now L3 are asking me to book an event (for the assessment day) yet there are none currently available. How long do you think I'll be waiting for the more dates?

flyingintheclouds
24th Sep 2017, 21:32
Drop them a call/email they're normally pretty good helping with dates I had the same issue, good luck for the next round.

Ryder35742
25th Sep 2017, 14:24
Easyjet not guaranteeing loans.

Huggies_23
25th Sep 2017, 15:06
How did you find this out? Confirmed by a primary source (i.e. L3 or easyJet)?

BravoAlphaWhiskey
25th Sep 2017, 18:38
Easyjet not guaranteeing loans.

What has made you say this?

Ryder35742
25th Sep 2017, 20:08
When called by L3 to arrange dates etc was told that no one in my batch received it.

Huggies_23
25th Sep 2017, 20:34
I had my second assessment on the 7th of September and I've also been offered the route 1 MPL. Haven't had a call from L3 yet but I shall be asking about the underwriting. Guessing the "batch" you mention refers to offers made this month...though I'm sure it doesn't mean they have ceased to underwrite loans, it's probably more just that nobody was seen as "exceptional". Who knows what their criteria are!

Ryder35742
26th Sep 2017, 02:54
Indeed, I believe people are grouped in 2 month blocks. Nobody in that block was deemed "exceptional". I asked about previous batches and also about criteria but couldn't get anywhere. Hopefully you can get more information than I could.

BravoAlphaWhiskey
26th Sep 2017, 08:09
I see. Keep us updated guys! I feel convinced they're not underwriting any loans at all.

Huggies_23
26th Sep 2017, 15:04
So I just had the call from L3. As I understand they get a list of names periodically outlining the route offer from the airline. On this list are details of any offer of loan underwriting to potential cadets. No offer of underwriting this time. Beyond that there is nothing further that can be done on our part to "persuade" anyone to underwrite the loan it seems. They seem to be holding their cards extremely close to their chest on this one.

erpeor
26th Sep 2017, 15:36
As the offers are being made to people who did the stage at the beginning of september...for those who did it beginning of august (like me) and haven't heard anything yet the future looks pretty dark

Anyone who did stage 2 prior to mid-august has had good news the last few days?

Cheers

tryu32
26th Sep 2017, 16:11
regurding underwriting or rout selected?

Huggies_23
26th Sep 2017, 16:20
I wouldn't say that, I heard that some folks who had their second assessment early August heard in both late August and last week. Is it not true that if you passed the second day they will offer you one of the routes?

erpeor
26th Sep 2017, 16:32
I wouldn't say that, I heard that some folks who had their second assessment early August heard in both late August and last week. Is it not true that if you passed the second day they will offer you one of the routes?

My friend who did stage 2 last week of July was told yesterday he didn't make it for any of the routes at the end but was offered whitetail :ugh:

erpeor
26th Sep 2017, 16:33
regurding underwriting or rout selected?

regarding route selected

31Pilot
26th Sep 2017, 17:37
There's a lot of talk about underwriting loans, but even if offered I'd be cautious.

BBVA were the only lender to offer a product with a 24 month payment holiday, and nobody has mentioned this of other lenders.

Once BBVA withdraw their product that leaves people sourcing loans from elsewhere - and it's entirely possible there will be no payment holidays. You could only then assume that this underwriting would be on a loan in which you would start making payments immediately (while you are studying with L3)

Lenders are unlikely to offer a payment holiday of longer than 12 months and more unlikely to do so at the start of the loan. High street lenders will be looking for your first payment a month after they release that money.

I just hope everyone here in their early 20s are aware with the financing of it all and how banks lend money.

Huggies_23
26th Sep 2017, 17:56
Personally, being 28 and my parents being close to retirement the last thing I wish to do is ask them for assistance in this (by way of securing any borrowing against their property / otherwise).

Obviously the cadet still takes on the debt and is responsible for the repayments (unless declared bankrupt etc.).

Absolutely BBVA are unique in their repayment schedule, the perks of a product created specifically for flight training.

I think anyone going into this process, nevermind accepting a training position, is entirely aware of the financial burden that will undoubtedly make the first few years post-qual hard work. At least I hope this is the case....

I do wonder with other lenders whether or not you could boost the amount borrowed to cover the initial payments. Though this would probably amount to 20k odd and would be hard to justify to the lender.

o_rey28
26th Sep 2017, 19:12
I received my acceptance on Friday and still haven’t had a phone call, has anyone had a letter through the door yet?

erpeor
26th Sep 2017, 19:36
When did you pass your stage 2? And what route did you get?

o_rey28
26th Sep 2017, 19:42
26th July and Route 3.

31Pilot
26th Sep 2017, 20:14
Personally, being 28 and my parents being close to retirement the last thing I wish to do is ask them for assistance in this (by way of securing any borrowing against their property / otherwise).

Obviously the cadet still takes on the debt and is responsible for the repayments (unless declared bankrupt etc.).

Absolutely BBVA are unique in their repayment schedule, the perks of a product created specifically for flight training.

I think anyone going into this process, nevermind accepting a training position, is entirely aware of the financial burden that will undoubtedly make the first few years post-qual hard work. At least I hope this is the case....

I do wonder with other lenders whether or not you could boost the amount borrowed to cover the initial payments. Though this would probably amount to 20k odd and would be hard to justify to the lender.

No lender will lend more to allow you make payments on the same debt. I doubt any airline would underwrite a loan far greater than the course cost.

I’m sure everyone is aware of the financial burden, but I’m sure even you would agree that there are some who haven’t quite got a proper grasp of the scale of this financial burden. There’s a degree of naivety almost, and I can’t help but wonder if there is a belief amongst some that if the airline underwrites your loan you’re not physically paying. I get the impression some are thinking of this as corporate sponsorship.

We are talking about a sum of money which would be enough to buy a small home and the process for getting a mortgage these days is incredibly intrusive on your financial affairs.

I have approached my own bank as they are offering a large unsecured loan product. After enquiring I found they want to see evidence of earnings and how I would pay for the product several years down the line. They also want to know what the loan is for as that will factor into their decision.

Secured lending on a home with equity is likely to be the only real solution. But with shared-equity and Help to Buy etc, I’m not sure it will be possible to secure additional lending on that property.

Huggies_23
26th Sep 2017, 20:44
No lender will lend more to allow you make payments on the same debt. I doubt any airline would underwrite a loan far greater than the course cost.

Agreed.

I’m sure everyone is aware of the financial burden, but I’m sure even you would agree that there are some who haven’t quite got a proper grasp of the scale of this financial burden. There’s a degree of naivety almost, and I can’t help but wonder if there is a belief amongst some that if the airline underwrites your loan you’re not physically paying. I get the impression some are thinking of this as corporate sponsorship.

I do believe some folks see underwriting as an all-expenses-paid ride, though I hope this view was quickly corrected upon any serious consideration of undertaking the training (you could say it is naive of me to believe in some people to that extent)

We are talking about a sum of money which would be enough to buy a small home and the process for getting a mortgage these days is incredibly intrusive on your financial affairs.

Even on 40k pa (assuming you get this on flexicrew for the first 12 months), loan repayments of 1k pcm will hurt...a lot...but this is what folks need to be aware of.

I have approached my own bank as they are offering a large unsecured loan product. After enquiring I found they want to see evidence of earnings and how I would pay for the product several years down the line. They also want to know what the loan is for as that will factor into their decision.

Will the presentation of a conditional contract of employment with easyJet ease their woes? I haven't actually laid eyes on this so I'm not sure how much detail it goes into. Wouldnt be surprised of it was disconcertingly vague.

Secured lending on a home with equity is likely to be the only real solution. But with shared-equity and Help to Buy etc, I’m not sure it will be possible to secure additional lending on that property.

In conclusion: difficult. In some cases impossible. But, they can "afford" for it to be this way. Joy!

erpeor
27th Sep 2017, 01:10
26th July and Route 3.

Thank you my friend. Congrats. Have you been given any start date?

chantoby108
27th Sep 2017, 03:01
Hi everyone, do they accept overseas applicants?

Ryder35742
27th Sep 2017, 07:48
If you have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK, yes. I applied from overseas.

EGPF
29th Sep 2017, 20:11
easyJet have confirmed that they will be at the Pilot Careers Live event at London Heathrow 4 November. This is a great opportunity for those who are wanting to find out more about the airline.

HertsPilot
29th Sep 2017, 21:05
26th July and Route 3.

Hi Mate,

Congrats! Same as me, I am confirmed on the course now and have had joining instructions through, have you got a booked start date yet?

Thanks,

HertsPilot
29th Sep 2017, 21:09
Hi All,

I just wanted to post my experience.

I attended selection in May and have just sorted all the medical etc. and will be starting next week on Route 3.

Best of luck to all, anyone who is on the same intake, let me know!

o_rey28
29th Sep 2017, 22:19
Hi congrats to you also! I still need to get medical and funding in place so will be a while for me yet!

EGPF
29th Sep 2017, 22:52
Congratulations! Do update us on you training if you can! Best of luck on your training.

HertsPilot
1st Oct 2017, 20:08
Hi congrats to you also! I still need to get medical and funding in place so will be a while for me yet!

Ah no worries!, hope it all goes well, my Medical took a while with the CAA but I am sure yours will be fine and you will be starting in no time!

Drop me a PM when you are starting and we can catch up.

Best of luck!

HertsPilot
1st Oct 2017, 20:09
Congratulations! Do update us on you training if you can! Best of luck on your training.

Thanks, will do!

flyingintheclouds
3rd Oct 2017, 16:30
Has anyone been given any start dates for January?

qbigglesq
3rd Oct 2017, 21:20
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the 'Flying Through Boxes' test at L3 includes a time delay? I'm using SkyTest to prepare for an upcoming assessment and it would be very helpful to know what setting to use.

Many thanks!

flying.scotsman1
3rd Oct 2017, 22:36
The test has a small delay with input. You also have to counteract your response sometimes, e.g. after turning left, you have to apply a small amount of right to achieve the desired heading.

TOP TIP - Stay calm and use small movement. There's a tendancy for people to become flustered when missing a box and then to overcorrect which makes things a lot worse.

qbigglesq
4th Oct 2017, 09:54
Thanks very much - that's really helpful :)

BravoAlphaWhiskey
4th Oct 2017, 10:48
How long does the entire process take from submitting your application to a start date? Is the 6-month period they say on the application a reasonable estimate?

erpeor
4th Oct 2017, 11:17
I applied in July. Did both assessment in august and still waiting for a response 9 weeks later. Although they say I would get the response in 8 weeks so I recogn those 6 months are about right if not optimistic.

BTW anyone that waited more than 9 weeks made it at the end? I am just afraid that they havent said anything yet because I have not made it.

Moy26
4th Oct 2017, 16:03
Hey, how did you find the second assessment the non technical day? I have mine in a few weeks and was wondering if it was possible to prepare for the cut-e assessment? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Huggies_23
4th Oct 2017, 21:30
Non-technical is, as described on the flight school websites, entirely teamwork capability / competency based. Very standard to any assessment in all industries. With regards to cut-e, there is no way to prepare, just be yourself and answer honestly. There is no right or wrong!

o_rey28
7th Oct 2017, 11:01
I know this isn't technically part of the subject matter but I've now grown an attachment to this thread... Got my medical on the 20th and was wondering if anyone would like to share their thoughts/experience/preparation tips for it?

EGPF
7th Oct 2017, 14:54
I've not been to a medical however, after reading many blogs and seeing videos of people's experiences, the best thing they had said was to not lie. They work at a case by case method.

wils180
9th Oct 2017, 22:21
evening folks, I recently sat the stage 3 assessment day and am now just in the process of waiting about ten years to find out if i've been successful or not, which i'm fine with. i'm just a little concerned because from what i've seen on here people hear back within a few days if they've met the school standard, before then being allocated a route - however i haven't heard anything at all. So my question is, has anyone ever had experience in not hearing from the school within a few days for example, and still being offered a place on the course? or..

erpeor
9th Oct 2017, 22:39
Hi mate I am still waiting and its the 9th week. The next say of the interview I got an email saying I made it and had to wait a minimum of 8 weeks. That is all I have heard from them.

Speedbird148
10th Oct 2017, 10:03
Are you waiting to hear from CAE or L3/CTC? I think the latter are usually quite quick to inform whether or not you've met their standard before your file is sent to EZY. Not sure about CAE.

flyingintheclouds
10th Oct 2017, 10:23
Has anyone been given any start dates for January?

Any body received any start dates at all?

A320ECAM
10th Oct 2017, 11:08
Hey guys,

Asking on behalf of a friend.

Do they have training dates throughout the entire year or are the training courses usually between January - July?

wils180
10th Oct 2017, 11:09
Are you waiting to hear from CAE or L3/CTC? I think the latter are usually quite quick to inform whether or not you've met their standard before your file is sent to EZY. Not sure about CAE.

thanks for the response, it's CAE

wils180
10th Oct 2017, 11:10
Hi mate I am still waiting and its the 9th week. The next say of the interview I got an email saying I made it and had to wait a minimum of 8 weeks. That is all I have heard from them.

9 weeks christ that's mental haha! was that ctc or oaa? hope you hear something soon buddy

hitansh
10th Oct 2017, 19:31
Is it only for EU Nationals?

qbigglesq
11th Oct 2017, 10:24
Hi everyone!

I just received an e-mail about 'Assessment 2' (at L3) which is the non-technical day and was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on the following:

-We are told to complete a cut-e test prior to attending Assessment 2. What does this entail?

-Does anyone have any information on the group exercises/interview in terms of what the format is for the group exercises plus any tips and what kind of questions they ask in the interview.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

ljscott
12th Oct 2017, 10:26
Hi gbigglesq, I received the same email a couple of weeks ago and was also unsure of what the cut-e test was as there had been no mention of it before. I called L3 and they told me it was just a personality test that will be used to help L3/EZY with the interview stages. I would assume they probably use it to build some understanding of the candidate before meeting actually meeting them. So probs isn't something to worry about or prepare for... just answer honestly and be yourself I guess!

flyingintheclouds
12th Oct 2017, 14:16
The cut-e tests are basically personality tests. They're multiple choice questions, just answer them honestly and you'll be fine, don't try and make yourself out to be someone which you are not ive been told they are structured to catch people out if they do this.
But honestly they are nothing to worry about.
You'll get sent them normally a week or two before you're assessment.

qbigglesq
12th Oct 2017, 16:35
Thanks so much for the information guys! That really puts my mind at rest - I was just hoping they weren't more aptitude tests!

DaveBC
14th Oct 2017, 14:33
Does anyone know if calculators are allowed for stage 2 at CAE?