View Full Version : EasyJet MPL 2017

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

erpeor
14th Oct 2017, 21:30
No, they are not mate

Lumb
17th Oct 2017, 18:29
I am applying for the easyJet MPL scheme, I have been accepted onto route 1. I am going down on the 6th November for Assessment Day 1, is anybody else attending that?

erpeor
18th Oct 2017, 13:36
For those still waiting. It has taken me exactly 10 weeks to hear from EZY so keep your hopes up!

zakghent
18th Oct 2017, 15:38
I am applying for the easyJet MPL scheme, I have been accepted onto route 1. I am going down on the 6th November for Assessment Day 1, is anybody else attending that?

If you are only just going down for your assessment you haven't been accepted onto route 1. You do the 2 assessment days, and then if you pass them both you will be allocated a route based on your performance throughout the process. You won't know until that point if you have route 1, 3 or just whitetail in the worst case.

For those still waiting. It has taken me exactly 10 weeks to hear from EZY so keep your hopes up!

So did you hear back today? Did they tell you by email or phone?

toga20
20th Oct 2017, 11:09
Hi all! Is anyone else still waiting for L3 to put up dates for the Day 2 non-technical assessment? If so, how long have you been waiting for and do you know how often they upload new dates? Thanks very much for any information.

thisishomebrand
20th Oct 2017, 17:57
Yep I’m still waiting. At my day 1 they said it was likely day 2 dates would in November and early December they were just waiting on EasyJet confirmation

liammc95
21st Oct 2017, 20:51
I waited over 10 weeks for my response. After receiving the initial email stating that I was awaiting my route allocation, I thought it was a dead cert I was on one of the 3 EZY courses. I've only made it onto the whitetail.

I'd say if you hear back quickly you scored highly. If you wait months it's because they roll your assessment score over to compete against the next months applicants.

Gutted.

ec_2017
22nd Oct 2017, 20:01
Honestly mate, well done for getting offered whitetail. Remember, some don't even get passed the initial application, if you're not happy though, you could ask L3 for some feedback, on what areas let you down, and find out about re-applying. the majority of whitetail seem to go to easyJet anyway, through the hold pool, so you still stand a good chance of being employed by them, if not another airline, perhaps one that even pays for your Type rating... Best of luck with everything anyway - it sure is a tough process to go through, especially when having to wait!

liammc95
22nd Oct 2017, 20:07
Thanks for the kind words mate. Yeah, just it would have been a lot easier re-mortgaging a family members house knowing that an EZY job was at the end. So hard for those from low-income families to become a pilot

ec_2017
23rd Oct 2017, 10:23
No worries dude! Have you checked out the BA Cadet programme with L3/CTC? Same academic requirements, and the job at the end... works in the same way as EZY, in the sense that you could be on an MPL or ATPL route...

https://www.l3airlineacademy.com/ba?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgPqik8OG1wIV2BobCh1MZAOdEAAYASAAEgLo3PD _BwE

planesandthings
23rd Oct 2017, 10:26
Have a long hard think about whitetail before going for it. Less cadets are leaving L3 and going straight to EZY as a result of the generation easyjet programme fulfilling most demands. Hold pools are filling up with people like my friends who have just done their AQC being told of a wait of up to a year for interviews unless you find your own work, throw in the sudden influx of ex monarch pilots and you get a very volatile picture. Who knows where you may find the industry in two years time, that's the leap into the dark that is whitetail.

As EC 2017 said, consider BA Cadet Programme, if you can afford it (its hardly different to EZY) then you're already past the first hurdle.

And flight training doesn't have to be this expensive for low income families, you are simply choosing the most expensive route there is, don't give up just because L3 want to charge the earth for the same blue book everyone gets.

Best of luck

liammc95
23rd Oct 2017, 10:46
No worries dude! Have you checked out the BA Cadet programme with L3/CTC? Same academic requirements, and the job at the end... works in the same way as EZY, in the sense that you could be on an MPL or ATPL route

Yeah I’ve seen it. Just called for feedback incase I were to try for other tagged schemes but they won’t give me any because I’ve been “successful” by achieving whitetail

flyingintheclouds
23rd Oct 2017, 12:20
Has anyone who’s started on a course recently had any indication of potential base they could expect/where they currently require?

average-punter
23rd Oct 2017, 12:27
Yeah I’ve seen it. Just called for feedback incase I were to try for other tagged schemes but they won’t give me any because I’ve been “successful” by achieving whitetail

I think that sums up their attitude fairly succinctly. Maybe you should remind then you shelled out just under 300 quid for the privilege.

Michael249
23rd Oct 2017, 16:07
Just out of dibden about 2 hours from stage 2 assessment. Writing this as I'm waiting for a flight home in Southampton. They told us at the briefing that the next dates for non technical was in the new year (2018) also they said that there are only so many route places available and if they are full you'll be offered whitetail. It's the exact same as EZY ROUTE 3 just not with an airline
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask

ec_2017
23rd Oct 2017, 20:58
How did it go? That's interesting actually. So essentially it gives those that sit the assessments earlier on in the process an upper hand, compared with people that sit it later? Which would make sense, because when I was offered a route, several months back, it seemed lots of others were too, but it seems to have slowed a little recently, with fewer people posting their success on here... either way, hope you get the good news tomorrow bud!

ManUtd1999
23rd Oct 2017, 21:19
It's the exact same as EZY ROUTE 3 just not with an airline

The course might be the same, but the lack of airline placement from day 1 is quite a big difference. Rumour has it on here than the holdpool is currently pretty busy and as such 'Whitetails' might be waiting a while for jobs.

Just called for feedback incase I were to try for other tagged schemes but they won’t give me any because I’ve been “successful” by achieving whitetail

Having paid for an assessment the least they could do is offer some feedback....:ugh:
Maybe ring back and sound more interested in the whitetail route, the prospect of another 90,000 sale might tempt them into giving you some more information ;)

Moy26
23rd Oct 2017, 22:39
How did it go? That's interesting actually. So essentially it gives those that sit the assessments earlier on in the process an upper hand, compared with people that sit it later? Which would make sense, because when I was offered a route, several months back, it seemed lots of others were too, but it seems to have slowed a little recently, with fewer people posting their success on here... either way, hope you get the good news tomorrow bud!

Hope this isn't the case, I have my non-technical assessment next Thursday! Hoping there is still places available for the MPL routes 😑!

Michael249
23rd Oct 2017, 22:42
The maths was straight forward enough. Easier than I expected. However let's not even start on the PILAPT. I don't even know what to say. It would honestly be fun if it wasn't your future career you had to do it for let's just say.

Michael249
24th Oct 2017, 09:45
Just got my email from l3 20 hours after my stage 2 assessment. I passed! Now just for anyone else who is in the same position . There will be no dates a available for stage 3 (interview and group tasks) until January 2018. Thats what was told to us yesterday at dibden. So hold tight for the next while ! Any questioms , dont hesitate to ask

qbigglesq
24th Oct 2017, 10:59
Michael249 - I'm in the same position as you in terms of waiting for dates for the non-technical assessment day at Dibden Manor! I really hope that come January 2018, they still have enough places left on one of the three airline tagged routes!

-Does anyone have any information on whether it is possible to apply for the BA Cadet Programme while having applied to Gen easyJet already?

-Also, does the BA Programme feature a re-payment of the £69,000 Training Security Bond like the Gen easyJet Programme does?

-And lastly, if I passed the technical assessment for Gen easyJet, do I need to re-take the same test (and pay another £295) for the BA Programme? It is highly likely that those two tests will be within 6 months of each other.

Many thanks for any info.

thisishomebrand
24th Oct 2017, 11:13
I sent an email to the team asking these very questions and so far have received a response on the first point.

You can only have one application open at any one time.

I will let you know when I hear back on the latter but from my understanding there are some additional online tests with BA before you are passed to L3. Situational judgement and numerical test as per the BA job advert.

They did say that I could ‘transfer’ my application but I have asked for clarity on what that means given the extra tests.

o_rey28
24th Oct 2017, 11:39
-Does anyone have any information on whether it is possible to apply for the BA Cadet Programme while having applied to Gen easyJet already?

Way back in June when I originally applied I asked this question to the careers team and was told you can't have more than 1 active application at any one time. So if you want to apply for the BA programme then you must withdraw your EZY one.

BaronVonBarnstormer
24th Oct 2017, 12:27
Correct. I just asked the selection team directly today, Their database will flag you as having two open at the same time and then you will be contacted to choose one or the other. No part of either airline scheme is transferable either, each is treated as its own application.

Michael249
24th Oct 2017, 13:16
Yes they said to wait until the new year for spots on stage 3 to be available. Just happ3ns that there's none until then

ec_2017
24th Oct 2017, 19:05
Michael249 - I'm in the same position as you in terms of waiting for dates for the non-technical assessment day at Dibden Manor! I really hope that come January 2018, they still have enough places left on one of the three airline tagged routes!

-Also, does the BA Programme feature a re-payment of the £69,000 Training Security Bond like the Gen easyJet Programme does?

-And lastly, if I passed the technical assessment for Gen easyJet, do I need to re-take the same test (and pay another £295) for the BA Programme? It is highly likely that those two tests will be within 6 months of each other.

Many thanks for any info.

Yep, the one application at any one time is airline specific I think, probably to reduce the number of people applying to numerous schemes at the same time. Think it's been that way for some time now, and was definitely the case at the beginning of the year, when I first applied to easyJet.

I recall the BA FPP bond being 84,000? Given that BA is £115,000, £6,000 more than easyJet, the bond may be slightly bigger too?

I think transferring results only applies when transferring from Airline to whitetail, if say you fail an element of the airline process... airlines have different pass marks, so think you'll need to pay the £295 and re-do everything sadly mate.

Well done for passing the technical, that was the hardest part for me personally, the interview and group ex was on the whole a pretty chilled day!

Michael249
24th Oct 2017, 19:22
Yeah I agree with you there . I'm looking forward to the interview and group work more than the technical . Do you know if there is another stage after stage 3?

will.1856
24th Oct 2017, 19:49
I waited over 10 weeks for my response. After receiving the initial email stating that I was awaiting my route allocation, I thought it was a dead cert I was on one of the 3 EZY courses. I've only made it onto the whitetail.

I'd say if you hear back quickly you scored highly. If you wait months it's because they roll your assessment score over to compete against the next months applicants.

Gutted.

Hi mate, I am in more or less the same position as you. Were you with OAA or L3? I am still awaiting route allocation but fear that route 4/whitetail news is now inevitable. :hmm:

tryu32
24th Oct 2017, 20:32
Yep, the one application at any one time is airline specific I think, probably to reduce the number of people applying to numerous schemes at the same time. Think it's been that way for some time now, and was definitely the case at the beginning of the year, when I first applied to easyJet.

I recall the BA FPP bond being 84,000? Given that BA is £115,000, £6,000 more than easyJet, the bond may be slightly bigger too?

I think transferring results only applies when transferring from Airline to whitetail, if say you fail an element of the airline process... airlines have different pass marks, so think you'll need to pay the £295 and re-do everything sadly mate.

Well done for passing the technical, that was the hardest part for me personally, the interview and group ex was on the whole a pretty chilled day!

hey, do you know if i did the whitetail selection before generation EZY was open and passed it they can transfer the results to generation or will i need to go trough the all selection process again?

ec_2017
24th Oct 2017, 20:52
You'll need to do it again sadly, buddy. You may only need to pay the re-application fee (£168) to re-do the Maths, PILAPT, Group Ex and Interview, but as it's a totally different scheme, and airline sponsored, you'll likely need to pay £295 again!

o_rey28
24th Oct 2017, 22:17
What kind of start dates are people receiving at the moment? When I went for my medical there was someone there who mentioned about being told about available start dates currently being in March/April, is this correct?

qbigglesq
25th Oct 2017, 00:12
thisishomebrand, o_rey28 and ec_2017 - thanks so much for the information you have provided!

I'm actually visiting L3 this weekend for their open day. If anyone has any other questions they would like me to ask, just let me know. I'll post any useful information I find out on here once I'm back.

jswift98
25th Oct 2017, 00:48
What kind of start dates are people receiving at the moment? When I went for my medical there was someone there who mentioned about being told about available start dates currently being in March/April, is this correct?
I got told in late September it could be January but recently I got told first quarter of 2018, guessing the monarch situation has impacted the dates Easyjet are giving L3.

liammc95
25th Oct 2017, 11:18
I think that sums up their attitude fairly succinctly. Maybe you should remind then you shelled out just under 300 quid for the privilege.

Yep. They're only interested in selling their whitetail course

liammc95
25th Oct 2017, 11:23
Hi mate, I am in more or less the same position as you. Were you with OAA or L3? I am still awaiting route allocation but fear that route 4/whitetail news is now inevitable. :hmm:

Hi mate, Mine was with L3. The wait was terrible

qbigglesq
25th Oct 2017, 15:33
Just to let you all know, L3 have just added a date for the non-technical assessment. It is in early January 2018.

Michael249
25th Oct 2017, 16:47
Thankfully I just checked this forum and seen your post that they added an assessment 2 day . I just booked up go it . It's January 8th 2018. I booked straight away as I'd be afraid of when the next one could be..... if anyone else is going for this day too let me know!

thisishomebrand
25th Oct 2017, 17:18
Just to let you all know, L3 have just added a date for the non-technical assessment. It is in early January 2018.

Thanks for the heads up.

Good luck everyone

Lumb
25th Oct 2017, 19:03
Yeah I agree with you there . I'm looking forward to the interview and group work more than the technical . Do you know if there is another stage after stage 3?

Hi,

Please could you tell me what to expect for the first assessment day at Dibden Manor. Also, the dress code says that 'most candidates wear a suit for the selection process', as it is now split up into two days, is a suit required for just the tests. I know the last question seems odd, but I don't want to be the only one wearing a suit or the only one not wearing a suit.

Michael249
26th Oct 2017, 09:23
The first say at dibden is all about maths and pilapt.the maths is basic arithmetic such as 25x12 and then moves onto addition and subtraction . There are currency conversions e.g.how much is $70 in £s if £1 = €1.20 €1=$1.30

Then you move onto pilapt which is the the pilot aptitude test . Maybe practice using a joystick but I wouldn't advise paying for tests online . You either have it or you don't . I didn't bother practicing this section and I passed .

And yes I'd recommend wearing a suit. The day I went there were 24 people in 3 different groups and everyone was wearing a suit including myself so it's a must.

Any other questions let me know !

ec_2017
26th Oct 2017, 20:38
Hi,

Please could you tell me what to expect for the first assessment day at Dibden Manor. Also, the dress code says that 'most candidates wear a suit for the selection process', as it is now split up into two days, is a suit required for just the tests. I know the last question seems odd, but I don't want to be the only one wearing a suit or the only one not wearing a suit.

For my easyJet days a few months back, there were 12 people for the non tech day and 12 for the tech day. I'd say 10 out of 12 on both days wore suits, with the remaining wearing business casual... attire should be smart, and i'd say a suit is recommended, it's easier to look less smart if you go in a suit (and they encourage you to take off jackets and take off ties), but if you go in jeans and a shirt, looking smarter can be tricky - dress to impress, first impressions mean a lot. There are various cadet blogs online that outline the selection process... best of luck!

1st Nov 2017, 02:20
I got offered an assessment for MPL level 1, but am currently unsure about pursuing it. I understand that the BBVA loan is currently in its final stages of termination.

I am right in thinking that you have to stump up the initial (or mostly) yourself upfront?

CLOSTIRLING22
2nd Nov 2017, 00:42
Hi,
I attended the stage 2 assessment at CAE on 24th October. I just wondered how long it normally takes to hear back if you’ve been successful or not? Or if anyone else attended around the same time as me, have you heard anything yet?
Thanks in advance.

wils180
2nd Nov 2017, 18:18
just had an email telling me i’ve passed stage 3 and welcoming me to the ‘Generation easyJet and CAE Oxford Aviation Academy pilot training programme’, however they did say (after 6 weeks already) that they are still finalising my route, and the guy on the phone also said that i could still be offered whitetail, or ‘route 4’ as they bill it, even though only 15% of applicants were successful. do any of you guys know how long do they normally take to finalise a route? would be gutted to get whitetail

Lumb
2nd Nov 2017, 23:06
The first say at dibden is all about maths and pilapt.the maths is basic arithmetic such as 25x12 and then moves onto addition and subtraction . There are currency conversions e.g.how much is $70 in £s if £1 = €1.20 €1=$1.30

Then you move onto pilapt which is the the pilot aptitude test . Maybe practice using a joystick but I wouldn't advise paying for tests online . You either have it or you don't . I didn't bother practicing this section and I passed .

And yes I'd recommend wearing a suit. The day I went there were 24 people in 3 different groups and everyone was wearing a suit including myself so it's a must.

Any other questions let me know !

Many thanks for everyones help!

So on Day 1, is it only tests? I'm guessing there are no interviews until you get accepted onto Day 2?

flyingintheclouds
3rd Nov 2017, 12:12
Has anyone been given a start date recently? Seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front.

o_rey28
4th Nov 2017, 11:41
Well BBVA didn’t go to plan... now looking at high street lenders. Has anyone had any luck with a particular bank?

morganelliott
4th Nov 2017, 18:40
Could you let me know if you hear or find out anything?

Langeveldt
5th Nov 2017, 08:31
I am nervously waiting for stage one tomorrow at Dibden and was wondering what to expect.

I have previous flying experience in the form of 200 hours in South Africa and was wondering if this stands me in good stead or could hinder me. I imagine most people are ab initio but I will be competing against some pretty high calibre individuals who know a lot more about the European aviation climate than I do. I guess it's just going to be maths and joystick stuff to start with?

And I guess a suit will be mandatory. Better to be over dressed than under dressed ;)

Chris the Robot
5th Nov 2017, 09:32
If you have 200 hours, surely you could just convert those to a UK licence, complete the ATPL theory, obtain a CPL/ME/IR and JOC, all for less than a third of the price Easyjet/L-3 are charging?

If Easyjet were taking the financial risk, it might be worth going for it but unfortunately they are not. There's a thread in the Professional Pilot Training part of the Wannabes forum about CTC with a PPL you may wish to take a look at. It does involve a Whitetail student but nontheless worth a read.

A suit would be a good idea.

Langeveldt
6th Nov 2017, 17:59
I've only been in the UK for a few weeks and haven't flown for nearly a decade. The myriad of options is overwhelming and I'll be exploring all routes, but I like the relitively linear approach to an airline job, although you are right, I'd be paying through the nose for it.

Just got back from day one. It was friendly and well organised. There was some tricky maths and long division. I kind of have no idea if it went well or not. It's strange, the aptitude was tough and is designed to be apparently, with captains and FOs struggling with it all the time. The coordination tests were realistic as to what you would expect flying a plane IRL, like following a glidescope and localiser manually (whilst counting down in fours or threes from 497!) I'd say if you have a few hundred quid to spend, if nothing else it's an interesting insight into the kind of motor skills that will be expected of you if you want to go all the way, or the most expensive custard creams in the world.

Michael249
8th Nov 2017, 14:04
the most expensive custard creams in the world.

Exactly what I said after I got out of the apptitude test ! Although it was worth it now

Langeveldt
10th Nov 2017, 18:21
Hey Harvey

I didn't get through unfortunately. Looking at other routes, although I must say I'm a bit jaded now. I struggled through my instrument rating and maybe I won't cut the mustard past Cessna standard... Drop me a PM with your Facebook if you want to stay in contact. How did you do?

Inmric
14th Nov 2017, 09:59
Just a quick one!

What happens if you fail one of the stages at EZY MPL with L3?
I know you can reapply for example for stage 2 (if you passed day 1) but would they make you to pay again?

Maverick97
14th Nov 2017, 15:52
I was on the phone to CAE today to gather information about my resit. I got to stage 3 last November, upon reading the L3 website it says I cannot apply seeing I've already applied unsuccessfully at another training provider, so they're out of the question, however I was told by CAE that I can reapply to EZY and I'd have to sit stages 2+3 again, I was told the earliest start dates are now going into 2019 and it's recommended I embark on the whitetail course with their 96% placement rate. I was quite pleasently surprised by that percentage!

VariablePitchP
14th Nov 2017, 17:10
Be very careful with that statistic. It’s just like buying shares; past performance does not represent future performance.

flyingintheclouds
14th Nov 2017, 18:19
Also if they’re not starting courses til 2019 that shows spaces are pretty clogged for eJ, that would make me very nervous doing an untagged route.

zakghent
14th Nov 2017, 23:17
At my interview at L3 in early September, I was told to expect a start date early 2018, around April.

Moy26
15th Nov 2017, 07:47
How long has people waited on average to be told their route allocation after passing the assessment process?

ec_2017
15th Nov 2017, 22:55
Hi guys, how is everyone getting on? Is anyone starting with L3 CTS / CTC Aviation on EZMP27 or CP184? Best of luck to everyone still going through their selection events!

erpeor
15th Nov 2017, 23:44
How long has people waited on average to be told their route allocation after passing the assessment process?

It took me 10 weeks mate. Good luck

erpeor
15th Nov 2017, 23:46
Hi guys, I have a spanish Class 1 medical and I have to convert it to the CAA UK before they can give me a start date. Has anyone done this before?

harvey98
15th Nov 2017, 23:53
It took me 10 weeks mate. Good luck

With L3, mine took 20 days 🙂

Moy26
16th Nov 2017, 14:18
Cheers mate, congrats with getting through. What route did you get offered?

ec_2017
16th Nov 2017, 16:58

Think it's different for everyone mate, some hear within 10 days, others a few weeks, some have waited 3 months! Not sure what determines the wait, but whatever happens, they will get back to you - so just keep thinking that

erpeor
16th Nov 2017, 18:37
With L3, mine took 20 days 🙂

Lucky you! I was desperate by then haha although they were good news at the end 😥

zakghent
16th Nov 2017, 20:52
Has anybody heard their route allocation in the last few days? I'm at 6 weeks now so I'm getting anxious (although I know I just have to remain patient!)

Do you find out by email or phone?

erpeor
16th Nov 2017, 23:49
By Email. Good luck

gnarlberg
18th Nov 2017, 14:36
hey guys. how long does easy jet keep your MPL license restricted to your AOC?
do you get it unrestricted( license without AOC bonding) when line check was successful?

JamesEGNS
18th Nov 2017, 18:20
Hi everyone, I have just been chosen my date for the day 2 assessment for the easyjet MPL course. Does anyone have any advice or links that would be helpful regarding the cut-e tests? I've already seen the ones on PilotGeorge, so is there anyone who could help? Thanks :)

thisishomebrand
19th Nov 2017, 15:44
What are people’s tips for the non-tech day? Did people use the LPJ interview questions (or group exercise) as prep or just generic competency based questions?

ec_2017
19th Nov 2017, 18:05
Well done for getting through to the next stage mate. I'd say dress smartly, and be the guy who actively speaks to everyone without forming a group, and sticking with the same people. Make it known that you can confidently communicate with different people - as people are watching everything you do...

For the interview, think about some examples of times you've shown leadership, motivation, team work, dealt with conflict etc... and try and practise some answers - detail is important, because they may ask you follow up questions. Too much detail is better than too little... make eye contact, and speak confidently and at a good speed, and always relate any answer you give to how it will ensure you can be the best within easyJet's culture.

For the group task, try and let everyone engage, bring in those that are quieter, and try and manage the task, whilst still allowing others to suggest and make inputs too. If you aren't managing the time, try and take charge of another element... and always appear to be trying to involve those that aren't saying much. At the same time, if anyone is trying to over-control things, perhaps say, "right, before we move on, why don't we make sure everyone is happy first".

Have fun too, it's a nice day, and I definitely found it more enjoyable than the PILAPT and Maths. Hope it goes well bud!

JamesEGNS
20th Nov 2017, 21:50
Absolutely fantastic advice, thanks so much :)

Moy26
29th Nov 2017, 11:25
I have been successful through the assessment process and have been offered route 1 MPL, does anybody have any companies or banks they can recommend speak to with regards to financing the course? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

thisishomebrand
29th Nov 2017, 12:10
Congrats on the offer.

As far as I am aware there are not many products out there that offer the payment holiday that BBVA did. Your best bet is to probably engage a broker, but if the payment holiday isn't a deal breaker then what you want is a large secured loan, which you can compare on moneysupermarket and uswitch or just Google.

benshaw
29th Nov 2017, 22:58
Please could someone give me details of the conditional job offer/ contract from easyJets for Route 3 (ATPL). At the end of the 2 years when you have completed training are you able to apply to other airlines if they are hiring? or am I bound to easyJet?

Also.. Why does easyJet offer a ATPL route and and MPL route when both routes get you into the right hand seat at easyJet. Surely if a candidate has shown sufficient aptitude during selection to warrant a conditional job with easyJet, then why do they need to offer two different courses?

ec_2017
30th Nov 2017, 19:04
The employment contract just states the terms and conditions of flying for easyJet, and states that you are bound to fly for them after completing training - as long as you meet their standards... To be honest, if you are wanting to apply to other airlines, and do not have your eyes set directly on easyJet, after the 18 months/2 years, would it not be best to consider Whitetail? The scheme is designed for those that specifically want to work and fly for easyJet for whatever reason, and in the interview they specifically ask "why easyJet"...

Think the different routes allow and encourage different types of people to apply. I.e. Those don't have the A-Level results/degree, but still would easily make a very successful easyJet First Officer...Perhaps call CTC/L3 mate for more info?

planesandthings
30th Nov 2017, 20:16
I'd stay on this tagged scheme if I were you. It gives far more certainty of a job. There's enough people waiting up to a year currently for a job after whitetail that it's not worth it, a job is a job, and EasyJet have one of the better contracts out there compared to where some whitetails have gone.

Ryder35742
9th Dec 2017, 07:07
Is there any news on the discussions between EZY and BALPA RE: The abolition of flexicrew?

gbotley
9th Dec 2017, 11:56
@Ryder35742,

As I understand it's very much nearing the final stages of discussion between easyJet, the Company Council and BALPA. Of course, like all things in aviation that can change at the drop of a hat. But it's promising no less. I certainly foresee something being in place for newbies before long. Here's the latest news from BALPA themselves:

Negotiations to eradicate easyJet’s use of Flexicrew continue to make progress. The conclusion to these talks will not be completed until the new year but the Company Council is optimistic an agreement will be reached.

mattria
14th Dec 2017, 08:58
Does anyone have their assessment with L3 on January 22nd? Thank you

EGPF
17th Dec 2017, 14:12
Applications for Generation easyJet with L3 is open until 30th June 2018!

easyJet are definitely looking for cadets!

average-punter
17th Dec 2017, 22:36
The fact that it's open for six months may give some indication of the general interest, or quality of applicants.

planesandthings
18th Dec 2017, 10:24
More bad news for whitetails and the ever filling hold ocean (pool) at L3, poor souls. :ouch:.

Great opportunity for those not already in the system though, mind I have heard of a few people dropping out of Generation EasyJet after starting training so there are a few extra places to fill.

EGPF
27th Dec 2017, 17:26
Any reason why they dropped out?

planesandthings
28th Dec 2017, 10:59
Failing/Poor ATPL results on the whole from a few individuals, L3 have had some recently like all schools do. Not sure of the particulars, but I'm fairly sure you can be untagged from the EasyJet scheme due to unsatisfactory performance and even fall into the performance protection which may see your training ceased. Not a situation I'd want to wish on anyone.

EGPF
1st Jan 2018, 15:12
Happy New Year! Wishing everyone who is starting their training this year the best outcome and everyone who is applying, the very best of luck!

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread especially those who helped each other out and provided very useful insights :)

DaveBC
4th Jan 2018, 12:27
I have recieved an automated-looking email from the ADAPT administration team at CAE offering feedback via phone. Is this how the outcome of the final stage is given or is it something else? I’ve been waiting for just over 6 weeks now.

EGPF
6th Jan 2018, 14:12
To all, when writing "easyJet" in the application, do you write easyJet with a capital E when starting a new sentence?

Michael249
6th Jan 2018, 21:21
I had this exact issue today . All i did was , if during a sentence "easyJet" if at start "EasyJet"

HEJT2015
6th Jan 2018, 21:22
To all, when writing "easyJet" in the application, do you write easyJet with a capital E when starting a new sentence?

On my application I always wrote 'easyJet' - plus if I'm honest I don't like using 'EasyJet' it just doesn't look right - it's worked for me and for clarification, on their website in all the block texts they use easyJet too. So pretty safe to us that!

Just had a look myself and the annual report for 2017 is published, it's well worth a read :)

EGPF
7th Jan 2018, 17:16
Thank you guys!

I will have a good look at their annual report as well.

JulietSierra6
7th Jan 2018, 18:00
So refreshing to see you guys considering them kind of details, many people think it doesn’t make a difference... it really does!

EGPF
8th Jan 2018, 20:11
So refreshing to see you guys considering them kind of details, many people think it doesn’t make a difference... it really does!

Of course if one is very passionate about the airline, then one must get right into the information available!

I get notifications about new easyJet related news, I've spoken to easyJet pilots, easyJet MPL cadets, an easyJet HR emplyee and I've even attended an easyJet seminar!

The one most important thing that I learnt is that easyJet wants someone who is very passionate about flying and easyJet itself...

dgwhitc
8th Jan 2018, 20:31
I am currently a teacher and want to change career. I am 30 with a wife and two kids who are very supportive of my potential change. It is always something I have wanted to do but I had my family young and teaching was a safer route. I used to fly gliders as a teenager with the Air Cadets so I am not a complete novice with a 'pie in the sky' dream. I am at early stages with my research but would like some advice on the EasyJet MPL route (assuming I were to be successful of course!).

I am more interested in what happens at the end of the 18months of training. There is lots of information regarding possible training routes but not quite so much on what happens at the end. I understand that my base could be anywhere (hopefully in the UK) which we can deal with for a few years until a space in Edinburgh opened up but what sort of "take home pay" would I be looking at? The advertised salaries of 40 - 50k in the first few years are very tempting and similar to what I am earning now but I understand this could be misleading depending on how many hours i'd be used as well as paying back bonds etc.

Many Thanks.

ManUtd1999
8th Jan 2018, 20:38
The one most important thing that I learnt is that easyJet wants someone who is very passionate about flying and easyJet itself...

And 125,000.......

EGPF
8th Jan 2018, 21:31
Hence the ellipsis ;)

easypat67
9th Jan 2018, 13:45
Hopefully will see some of you guys in dibden tomorrow! Good luck to all

Hey Michael did you pass the 2nd assessment ( exercises group and personal interview ) for EZY MPL ?

Can you give us some feed back ?
I have it on the 7th of February.

j.bay90
9th Jan 2018, 14:47
Good luck to those who attended today. Some great candidates there who were very well prepared, and great to meet you all.

Michael249
9th Jan 2018, 18:13
Yes thankfully i passed ! Got my email from L3 this morning !

Well first of all everyone will arrive at around 8:15 . Just make sure your early . Try to get involved with everyone in the group of 16 or so. Its important to get to know each other .

First youll get a presentation from the EJ team . Theyll give an introduction go the company and then show you what happens if you pass that day.

Afterwards your group assesment begins . Now I cant disclose any information about it but ill say its important to get involved and just be yourself.

After these 2 group assessments youll have lunch

After lunch the interviews begin. I got to go first (not sure why but maybe as they seen i live in dublin)
its a 1 to 1 interview with an assessor from L3. There were no curve ball questions. The first questions are to make you feel relaxed like "tell me about your hobbies"
After this the main interview questions start. All motivation and competency based . "Name a time youve been a leader " "a time youve youve lead a team"

The interview is nothing to be worried about . Just do your homework and youll be okay . After your interview your free to go.

sp_7
9th Jan 2018, 19:11
Hi Michael,

Congratulations! I was on your selection day yesterday and I also passed!

BirdmanBerry
9th Jan 2018, 19:16
dgwhitc

I'm in a similar boat with wife and kids albeit a bit older.

I looked into CTC etc. but decided after reading many reviews it would be safer to go modular for about £55-60k (assuming minimum hours etc.) and not risk losing the house and also I couldn't easily relocate. Having Staverton (Gloucestershire) Airport and some great FTO 5 minutes away helps sway things toward modular too.

Hope that helps?

easypat67
9th Jan 2018, 22:55
Well Congrats :)

So they already said if you pass it that’s really quick !
What is the next step then (Medical, etcc.. ?)

I’ve book my assessment but didn’t got the link for the Cut-e online, do you remember approximately when they send it to you ?

Michael249
10th Jan 2018, 08:28
Well my assessment was a Monday they were sent the Thursday before

you have to wait for route allocation and in that time you can get your medical

liammc95
10th Jan 2018, 11:02
Remember to be careful as at this point as your route allocation can still be whitetail - class 1 med isn't cheap

Michael249
10th Jan 2018, 11:19
For me it's no issue as I already have my class 1. I'd recommend people do it before they go for assessment.

Michael249
10th Jan 2018, 21:24
Either group of 6 or a group of 4

ec_2017
10th Jan 2018, 22:34
Remember to be careful as at this point as your route allocation can still be whitetail - class 1 med isn't cheap

If it helps, it took 3 weeks for them to tell me that I was MPL. We all kept in contact. I think out of the 14 on my day, 4 got route 1, 3 got route 2, and 1 got route 3. 2 were given whitetail, so yeah whitetail is still an option, especially because places on the easyJet scheme are limited. I personally got my medical after finding out the result, some may say that's risky, but bearing in mind the medical is fairly expensive, spending £500 on a medical, when you may not be issued with the route you want, may not be the best move - everyone's circumstances are different though obviously :)

Michael249
10th Jan 2018, 22:45
Congrats on that. Have you started yet?

Yes but also at least you know youll be even able to pursue a career as a pilot before going for assessment. Thats my outlook on it

ec_2017
10th Jan 2018, 23:31
I start on Feb 13th (EZMP27/CP184) So it should be good fun, at least when GS is out of the way :)

Yeah, that's true actually. But for lots of people, airline schemes hold far more security, and therefore it is understandable that people want some confirmation of their route before getting a medical. Although it's good to have it booked at least, as most can be paid on the day. I got lucky and managed to grab a cancellation at 2 weeks notice, but some friends had to wait 3 months...

Michael249
11th Jan 2018, 07:30
Was there much time between being given route allocation and your start date in February?

o_rey28
11th Jan 2018, 11:14
I think it is strongly dependant on how quickly you can get medical/funding sorted since they are both required before you are given your start date. For me I was given my route allocation on the 22nd Sept and then because I found it particularly difficult to get a funding option sorted I was only given my start date, of March 13th (CP186), on December 22nd!

ec_2017
11th Jan 2018, 15:31
Was there much time between being given route allocation and your start date in February?

Hey man, I think it all really depends on what's going on at the time to be honest... I got my route confirmation in September, and got my start date confirmed in November, simply because it was approaching the end of the year, and not many courses were going to be starting before Christmas... i'd say if you have the money though, it's good to get the medical, as it tells you whether you're fit to fly or not, but £500 for a lot of people is a lot to spend without the security of an offer / route they are happy with :)

Michael249
11th Jan 2018, 16:00
I wouldnt complain about starting asap . Hopefully EJ will be quick in allocating routes . Fingers crossed

doz111
11th Jan 2018, 21:22
I am currently a teacher and want to change career. I am 30 with a wife and two kids who are very supportive of my potential change. It is always something I have wanted to do but I had my family young and teaching was a safer route. I used to fly gliders as a teenager with the Air Cadets so I am not a complete novice with a 'pie in the sky' dream. I am at early stages with my research but would like some advice on the EasyJet MPL route (assuming I were to be successful of course!).

I am more interested in what happens at the end of the 18months of training. There is lots of information regarding possible training routes but not quite so much on what happens at the end. I understand that my base could be anywhere (hopefully in the UK) which we can deal with for a few years until a space in Edinburgh opened up but what sort of "take home pay" would I be looking at? The advertised salaries of 40 - 50k in the first few years are very tempting and similar to what I am earning now but I understand this could be misleading depending on how many hours i'd be used as well as paying back bonds etc.

Many Thanks.

£40k is about right as a starting salary if you're based in UK, France or Italy. At the moment there are zero hours contracts in the UK still though, which results in much less pay over the winter than summer.

You have to factor in loan repayments of up to around £1500 a month though, unless you have managed to save up £100k.

j.bay90
12th Jan 2018, 10:51
anyone else from day 2 heard back this morning?

boy_wonder4
12th Jan 2018, 12:42
Hi all,

Congratulations to those who've been successful on the eJ programme. I received the good news in Nov myself and I'm currently finalising bits before getting a start date.

My question is - and it is slightly speculative - whether anybody has heard any information relating to the abolishment of Flexi-crew in the UK. I had heard Aug 2017 which has obviously passed now, and also that "it's being discussed in the latest pay deal" but nothing official on the eJ, BALPA etc. website.

Thanks in advance for any info and good luck to those going through selection.

Michael249
12th Jan 2018, 12:51
Well in the EJ presentation I got on Monday it said the first 12 months of UK based cadets are on flexicrew but no other information was given

o_rey28
12th Jan 2018, 12:55
I received an email newsletter from a current EZY pilot which stated that there will be a meeting on 18th Jan regarding the negotiation of the eradication of flexicrew so we will find out some time after that I imagine!

flyingintheclouds
12th Jan 2018, 14:08
The chances are now that anyone starting a course by the time you finish I.e. 18 months that it will be gone.
That’s what I’ve heard anyway.

EGPF
12th Jan 2018, 14:23
When the application is sent, how long does it take to get a response?

boy_wonder4
12th Jan 2018, 21:35
I received an email newsletter from a current EZY pilot which stated that there will be a meeting on 18th Jan regarding the negotiation of the eradication of flexicrew so we will find out some time after that I imagine!

Yes I've heard similar things, let's hope there's some truth! I think flexi can work out fine in terms of pay but it's the delay of the repayment bond that would cause hassle.

JamesEGNS
14th Jan 2018, 12:02
When the application is sent, how long does it take to get a response?

Mine only took a few days, depends how busy they are I guess

JamesEGNS
14th Jan 2018, 12:03
So guys, I went for my 2nd assessment last Wednesday and am happy to say that I was accepted and am currently awaiting route allocation. :)

Michael249
14th Jan 2018, 16:17
Congrats . Currently waiting for the same myself

EGPF
15th Jan 2018, 12:19
Mine only took a few days, depends how busy they are I guess

Thank you and congratulations!

RascoFlyer
15th Jan 2018, 15:02
Awaiting route allocation as well, any one who has already recieved there route care to enlighten us with ideas on times between recieving route and possible start dates. I know it all depends on medical/finance etc but were you guys given a choice of start dates say 2 months in advance? I know during presentation they mentioned a winter 19 start so that roughly equates to a summer 18 training commencement.

thisishomebrand
15th Jan 2018, 15:28
At the end of my interview I asked about training start dates and was told that all courses up to June are full so would be after that.

Dct_Mopas
16th Jan 2018, 12:47
easyJet have substantially reduced the numbers of cadets for 2018, simply due to a lack of training capacity with the takeover of Air berlin. So things will naturally be slowing down for a while with a backlog of cadets for 2018 knocking on into 2019.

j.bay90
16th Jan 2018, 13:24
I heard back today. Route 1 MPL. Anyone else heard yet?

thisishomebrand
16th Jan 2018, 13:43
Just got the email and I’ve been allocated Route 1.

Now to try and work out the finances.

Michael249
16th Jan 2018, 13:59
Congratulations! .may I ask. How long you had to wait after your last assessment date

thisishomebrand
16th Jan 2018, 14:05
It’s been a week since assessment day 2 and I found out last Friday I passed the L3 standard. So a fairly quick turnaround for me.

sambobnix
16th Jan 2018, 19:33
Congrats, I also got route 1! What are your thoughts on doing the Degree

ZFT
17th Jan 2018, 09:29
easyJet have substantially reduced the numbers of cadets for 2018, simply due to a lack of training capacity with the takeover of Air berlin. So things will naturally be slowing down for a while with a backlog of cadets for 2018 knocking on into 2019.

Where did you get this from?

BaronVonBarnstormer
17th Jan 2018, 10:35
I already have a degree. I can see an advantage for someone who doesn't, as the opportunity for borrowing from student finance could be fairly sensible. However i already have student loan debt, so adding to that debt while i'm not working for the duration of the course isn't really a good option. Especially considering that my student loan will be accruing interest while i'm not working.

Michael249
17th Jan 2018, 10:38
Any ideas if L3 offers for route allocation come out once every month or a few times a month?

Dct_Mopas
17th Jan 2018, 17:42
Where did you get this from?

From the easyJet training captains I operate with.

thisishomebrand
17th Jan 2018, 23:28
From what I understand it is dependant on the airline and how quickly they approve things.

ZFT
18th Jan 2018, 08:20
It doesn't make sense as cadets in their initial year won't clash with ex Air Berlin crews training needs?

JimmyT123
18th Jan 2018, 11:02
Hi Guys

I unfortunately was not successful in stage 2 of the generation easyjet program, however, I have been given the opportunity to apply for the APTL stage 3. In addition, i will have to resit the ball games element of stage 2, as that was the only element i failed on first attempt. My question is, does anyone have any tips regarding the ball games element, or what to expect in the interviews/team work part.

Many thanks

Dct_Mopas
18th Jan 2018, 15:31
It doesn't make sense as cadets in their initial year won't clash with ex Air Berlin crews training needs?

Quite right, just the numbers of cadets joining this year have been reduced due to lack of training capacity. So we can expect a possible backlog/ holdpool of cadets waiting to join ezy which will possibly slow things down for those due to finish sometime in 2019 etc.

EGPF
18th Jan 2018, 16:15
JimmyT

Keep going! Don't let stage 2 put you down.

I haven't actually attended the selection process but I know a couple of things about the interview/team work part from various sources including here.

Team work:
The group will be given a task where you can demonstrate your leadership and team working abillities. Try to engage in the conversation, not too much because you want everyone to have a say, but not too little because that doesn't demonstrate anything. Be yourself and be confident!

Interview:
The interview is usually a one on one where you will be asked about yourself such as your hobbies and why you want to become a pilot. You will also be asked compentency questions for example, tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership etc.

Remember, L3 CTS are not here to trick you, just be sure to do your homework before stage 3.

Good luck!

rod_1986
18th Jan 2018, 19:06
What's the latest on funding chaps?

Any other banks stepped in post BBVA? How are people funding the MPL?

Thanks

EGPF
18th Jan 2018, 21:37
For L3,

https://www.l3airlineacademy.com/become-a-pilot/finance.

planesandthings
19th Jan 2018, 10:58
L3 seem to have not publicised much about their new partner Optimum Credit yet apart from a very basic explanation on a website link, somewhat strange but I guess maybe the ink is still drying.
Offering depending on property up to £250,000 (and potentially easier to obtain), but no payment holiday mentioned, and higher interest rate. :suspect: Something to weigh up for MPL but a very precarious position to be in to be if route 3 and below, especially considering those that have been demoted to whitetail and are now facing a big hold pool as the jobs become more scarce after the demise of Air Berlin and Monarch.

You'd be one of the first to go through the new process if you choose and I'm sure many here would be very interested to hear how it goes. Maybe call their "Careers advice line" and dig into this financing a bit deeper.

Best of luck

thisishomebrand
19th Jan 2018, 12:53
.....but no payment holiday mentioned, and higher interest rate.....

The no payment holiday is tough, the higher interest rate is in line with other moneysupermarket offerings (by my quick look on moneysupermarket).

L3's advice to me was talk to an IFA or have a chat to your local bank.

ec_2017
19th Jan 2018, 13:04
Are they really "demoting" easyJet integrated ATPL route 3 people to whitetail? For what reason?

Millasaurus
20th Jan 2018, 00:12
if route 3 and below, especially considering those that have been demoted to whitetail

Route 3 here, currently 9 months in, flying in NZ and have heard nothing of anybody on the easyJet programme being demoted to whitetail thus far. Failing more than 4 times in your ground school exams may trigger such an event, but I believe it's so far so good for EZY cadets. Chances are if you were selected, you will pass just fine.

EGPF
20th Jan 2018, 08:30
A320ECAM

Probably better contacting BBVA.

planesandthings
20th Jan 2018, 23:43
Maybe I misheard then. However a few people on the Generation EasyJet scheme have failed exams recently and have had their place put at risk, someone I know has even stopped training totally at L3 (at least for now) midway through theory, whether that was their choice or not I am not sure. The whole offer is conditional after all.
Are EasyJet not after something like 85% average results anymore? Or have things changed.

Millasaurus
21st Jan 2018, 00:51
75% average (so 14 exams at the pass mark) and no more than 3 fails are their criteria, however doing better will obviously look good, and is especially important for the Route 2 upgrade, though your previous life experience plays a large part in their decision for upgrading you too.

PilotHamza
24th Jan 2018, 08:35
I'm taking the stage 2 assessment soon and I haven't read anything about the ball games yet, is there any chance you can describe what you had to do please?

EGPF
24th Jan 2018, 16:36
There are plenty of blogs online which describe the L3/CTC aptitude test well. Websites that sell a subscription service to practice elements of the aptitude test also have a description of the type of elements L3/CTC use to test you.

Good Luck!

PilotHamza
24th Jan 2018, 16:39
Thanks! :)

BaronVonBarnstormer
25th Jan 2018, 11:30

Has anything come out of this meeting from easyJet?

o_rey28
25th Jan 2018, 15:34
This is all I’ve even told:

“On Thursday, members of the CC and our BALPA National Officer met with easyJet management, furthering our commitment to eradicate Flexicrew. Good progress has been made and BALPA will be providing easyJet with a skeleton draft of what may be a workable solution for crew and company alike. As soon as we have the Company's response we will provide a more detailed update.”

ec_2017
27th Jan 2018, 18:50
Anyone starting on this scheme soon, via either L3 (CTC) or CAE OAA?

Iandmillar
28th Jan 2018, 18:48
Awaiting route allocation as well, any one who has already recieved there route care to enlighten us with ideas on times between recieving route and possible start dates. I know it all depends on medical/finance etc but were you guys given a choice of start dates say 2 months in advance? I know during presentation they mentioned a winter 19 start so that roughly equates to a summer 18 training commencement.

Which day did you do your interview I did mine on the 10th Jan and have not been given route allocation yet

Michael249
29th Jan 2018, 08:25
I'm in the same situation as you. Did mine on the 8th of Jan. Hopefully EJ will be back soon

Iandmillar
29th Jan 2018, 08:51
I have spoke to one of the lads on my day and they have been offered a place and someone else has been offered route 1 with a start date.

Michael249
29th Jan 2018, 13:09
Were they offered this today?

Iandmillar
29th Jan 2018, 13:24
No it was week after we did the interview they were offered

Michael249
29th Jan 2018, 14:02
Similar story myself. Any idea on how EJ allocate routes? Is it per month?

Iandmillar
29th Jan 2018, 14:23
Not sure supposedly if your not good enough for that month you get rolled on

PilotHamza
29th Jan 2018, 21:04
Have many get through with CAE on average? Can anyone predict/know the rough percentage is of candidates passing through Stage 2 & 3, i'm looking at just the tagged route or whitetail

ec_2017
30th Jan 2018, 19:02
I reckon it's the same principal regardless of whether you apply to CTC/L3 CTS or CAE...

If you're good enough and meet the standard required for a certain route, you get that route...

Although when easyJet fill all the spaces, the chance of getting whitetail may increase...

Alvor
11th Feb 2018, 21:51
Hi Guys

I unfortunately was not successful in stage 2 of the generation easyjet program, however, I have been given the opportunity to apply for the APTL stage 3. In addition, i will have to resit the ball games element of stage 2, as that was the only element i failed on first attempt. My question is, does anyone have any tips regarding the ball games element, or what to expect in the interviews/team work part.

Many thanks

L3 or OAA? I am new to this forum and have an EZY assessment soon. However, I was under the impression that L3 EZY pilapt included Deviation, Hands, Pattern, Trax, Shapes Grid and Multi Test? I was not aware of a ‘Balls Game’... could someone digress?

Thanks Folks!

LandingGear60
14th Feb 2018, 17:57
Hi guys, I'm currently completing my further education and will be free to being training from July 2018. How long in advance did any of you complete an application from being free to begin training? I read on page #1 that the deadline for applications to L3 is 30/06/18 but I couldn't find this on their website and I don't have any information on CAE's closing date. If anyone has any information this would be great. Thanks.

EGPF
14th Feb 2018, 22:02
Hello, the date for L3 can be seen when you click to apply for the course however, this date has been pushed backed as I remember that the application was meant to close late December 2017. My idea would be to phone the pilot career advisors at L3 and ask if you can put your apppication through before the closing date and do the selection process after that date.

LandingGear60
15th Feb 2018, 09:17
In the process of doing so, thanks for the response!

Ciaran Kennedy
15th Feb 2018, 09:21
Anyone know how long it usually takes for CAE to get back with results from the Stage 2 assessment.
Completed mine a month ago and still no word

ad10
21st Feb 2018, 13:48
Has anyone been asked to do a Cut-e test for L3 easyJet MPL? Got told I'll need to complete one of these before the group tasks and interview stage and haven't heard of anyone having to do one for easyJet yet?

Michael249
21st Feb 2018, 19:56
2 nights before my assessment for easyjet MPL I was sent these. It's just a personality quiz. Just answer as honest as possible.

Adamdacosta
21st Feb 2018, 20:16
Okay great thank you!

Alvor
22nd Feb 2018, 14:16
Do let us know what kind of things appear on the cut e, Adam! Thanks!

sambobnix
24th Feb 2018, 17:11
Hi Alvor, you can't 'Revise' for a cut-e test as its based on your personality, so knowing whats on it wont help you... if you just google it you can view their website and checkout how the test is laid out if that puts your mind at ease! Hope this helps! :)

matd
25th Feb 2018, 10:36
Hello all, I'm considering applying for this programme as a career change. A few questions if anyone knows...

1) I was educated in the US for secondary school but moved to the UK for university. Because of this, I don't have any A level or GCSE results. I do have a BSc and MSc with merit from a Golden Triangle university, which in my industry would trump any A level or GCSE results. Do they really need an A-level / GCSE to get me over the first hurdle?
2) I'm 32, nearly 33. How much is this likely to go against my application?
3) I've started my PPL and am at 5 hours dual instruction. Should I wait to complete this before I apply or will not not matter?

EGPF
25th Feb 2018, 15:15
Look at blog posts of cadets currently in training, they probably have a description of the cut-e tests.

EGPF
25th Feb 2018, 18:29
MattDell

1) Call CAE Oxford or L3 and they will clarify academic stuff. A university degree nonetheless should be fine. There's more emphasis on the PILAPT test rather than education in my opinion.

2) Age should not be a problem.

3) This course is AB-Initio which means that anyone with or without any flying experience can apply. It is up to you whether you want to complete it or not, and may provide a slight edge against other candidates who apply.

Hpinder787
25th Feb 2018, 19:32
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any tips on the group exercise and 1 to 1 interview ( what sort of questions they get at) . Any help will be much appreciated

EGPF
25th Feb 2018, 20:11
Read through the previous posts, plenty of tips.

ljscott
25th Feb 2018, 22:56
3) I've started my PPL and am at 5 hours dual instruction. Should I wait to complete this before I apply or will not not matter?

I personally wouldn't complete this. This course is ab-initio so is designed to train people on the basis of them having no flying experience so wouldn't be necessary or give much of an advantage.

I would also consider the financial implications. It's going to cost around £5k+ for a PPL. Might as well put this money into funding the course which will set you back at least £109k! Nothing to lose by applying- best of luck!

Thegreenmachine
26th Feb 2018, 08:48
Probably disagree if I’m honest. Speaking from personal experience having some hours under my belt meant the learning curve wasn’t quite as steep for me early on as it was for others. As above it’s designed for ab initio so is no real issue but if you have a head start it helps. It also helps in the interview to demonstrate your commitment and motivation. There could be 6 months from applying until starting so if you have the cash, go for it!

EcamSurprise
26th Feb 2018, 09:00
meant the learning curve wasn’t quite as steep for me early on

Yes and no.
Friends who had a PPL already, whilst knowing a lot of skills, found they had to re-learn a lot of basic skills the "right" way, which they found frustrating and difficult to break habits sometimes. The three guys on my course with a PPL said it didn't help them.

If you want to do some flying beforehand, do it but in reality it is a luxury and not needed.

Thegreenmachine
26th Feb 2018, 17:06
Perhaps they should be querying the quality of their past instruction!

Also, not sure of your experience but many of the instructors in the early phase of my course were very new instructors and very firmly had one eye on leaving asap to airlines.

31Pilot
26th Feb 2018, 18:01
EGPF

Education does seem to factor, even with a degree. You can apply with equivalent to GCSE/A-Level from other countries but they must be equal those grades. There is a site you can see if they convert.

I applied and sat PILAPT with CTC/L3 but after sitting PILAPT (on the day) I was told that my English Grade did not equal the GCSE C required. I'm 32 and to be told that left me a bit speechless considering I had ample other qualifications.

I went home and booked myself into an IGCSE English exam which I sat a couple of months later. I was possibly the oldest person sitting the exam. Now i have an A* IGCSE although my plan to reapply has changed somewhat.

EGPF
26th Feb 2018, 18:31
Intresting, hence more emphasis on calling the FTO for more information in regards with qualifications.

Down at the club
26th Feb 2018, 22:46
Don't waste your :mad: money going modular, that is should you wish to become an airline pilot. Seriously most of these flight schools ought to be taken to court for misselling their services.

If you have the chance to go with the Easyjet programme you take it.

BravoAlphaWhiskey
26th Feb 2018, 22:53
Well I'm sorry but not everyone has £109,000 in their bank account.

mask14
26th Feb 2018, 23:37
At least get a introductory flight to show interest folks.
A few hours will show keen interest not just a dream or flight of fancy if you will!

EcamSurprise
27th Feb 2018, 12:37
Perhaps they should be querying the quality of their past instruction!
Perhaps. But every instructor has their own habits and own things they like to pass on. Then when you go off flying by yourself, you may pick up your own habits too. Airline Flight Schools tend to be a lot more SOP / procedure based than some PPL schools.

A few hours will show keen interest not just a dream or flight of fancy if you will!
Absolutely!

I'm not against flying privately, especially to work out if it is something for you or not. I'm just saying to give it serious consideration if you don't have spare cash available as it won't give you a massive head start in flying and certainly isn't noticeable in my RHS colleagues once they're flying the line on the Bus.

Red2
4th Mar 2018, 07:27
For anyone waiting on route allocation from OAA, don't worry too much about how long it's taking - I didn't hear anything back for about 12 weeks.

alex2109
6th Mar 2018, 11:53
For anyone waiting on route allocation from OAA, don't worry too much about how long it's taking - I didn't hear anything back for about 12 weeks.

How long after your Stage 3 from OAA did you have to wait to be told you would be allocated a route?

Red2
6th Mar 2018, 17:36
I just did stage 3 at OAA. How long did you have to wait until you heard if you were successful? We got told 1 or 2 weeks. Sorry if you get this twice it said my reply failed to upload! :)

It took 1 week to find out that I'd passed stage 3, but it took roughly 13 weeks to receive the route allocation (ultimately offered the MPL route). So yeah I don't think the waiting period is necessarily indicative of your final allocated route.

Michael249
7th Mar 2018, 08:34
It took 1 week to find out that I'd passed stage 3, but it took roughly 13 weeks to receive the route allocation (ultimately offered the MPL route). So yeah I don't think the waiting period is necessarily indicative of your final allocated route.
With L3 I waited 6/7 weeks and got whitetail. So maybe it has something

alex2109
7th Mar 2018, 08:54

Yeah this is true, and everyone has heard at different times so I guess it is just how busy they are/if it has snowed ahaha. That's great though, congrats! Good luck with everything :)

gary2018
8th Mar 2018, 14:06
Can anyone assist? 37 next birthday. Looking to finally do this. Kids up a bit and some equity on the house. PPL with night rating and 130 hours. Aiming for easy MPL route 1. Too old? Anyone know of any successful mid 30's easy cadets?

LandingGear60
8th Mar 2018, 17:48
Can anyone assist? 37 next birthday. Looking to finally do this. Kids up a bit and some equity on the house. PPL with night rating and 130 hours. Aiming for easy MPL route 1. Too old? Anyone know of any successful mid 30's easy cadets?

I can't comment on the age question since I'm not sure but there is a lot of info about that on this thread and website. On the other hand, according to CAE Oxford's Generation easyJet page, I do not think you are eligible for the easyJet MPL or ATPL to MPL upgrade, meaning you can only follow the ATPL/Whitetail route. Quoted from their FAQ section:

'To qualify for consideration for the MPL and CAE ATPL to MPL Upgrade , you must have no more than 85 hours of previous powered flight experience as a pilot or student pilot. Applicants with more than 85 hours of powered flight experience can still apply to the Generation easyJet programme, but will have to train on the White Tail route.'

rudestuff
8th Mar 2018, 19:02
ATPL to MPL upgrade? That’s a downgrade, surely?

LandingGear60
8th Mar 2018, 19:33

Whether an MPL or ATPL is superior is subjective, but in this case easyJet are offering the MPL as the desired route along with a hefty price reduction over the ATPL. Check out each flight training academy's website and you'll see the reduction in costs

EGPF
8th Mar 2018, 19:37

You could say that but the ATPL route costs more.

EGPF
8th Mar 2018, 19:45
easyJet have created an absolutely fantastic webpage devoted to those wanting to become a pilot. It has got many facts and tips which should be helpful.

http://www.becomeaneasyjetpilot.com/

planesandthings
8th Mar 2018, 22:57
PPL with night rating and 130 hours. Aiming for easy MPL route 1. Too old? Anyone know of any successful mid 30's easy cadets?

The MPL routes are designed for people with little/no flying experience and lots of cash. With your experience you should really consider looking at Modular (or at least Wizz and their scheme for PPLs). Otherwise your flying experience to date will be mostly overlooked as L3 do not generally take hours off their courses for someone in your boat.

planesandthings
8th Mar 2018, 23:02

MPL includes a cheaper TR. ATPL has TR charged at full whack (30k) which is slightly embarrassing now for EasyJet, that Ryanair are doing a far better deal than them. Tables are turning!

j.bay90
9th Mar 2018, 14:00

Gary

Virgin took on a Cadet in their last intake in his 40's so don't let age put you off at all.

All the best whatever route you choose to go down.

Jaair
9th Mar 2018, 16:18

Could also consider FTE Flight Deck program aimed at experienced private pilots.

Jaair
9th Mar 2018, 16:46
School lacking of instructors.

In some ways this is also good news. Good sign. :D

gary2018
9th Mar 2018, 18:57
CJS12

Thanks for the response. I am currently looking at the L3 option which has no such restriction.

gary2018
9th Mar 2018, 19:02
Gary

Virgin took on a Cadet in their last intake in his 40's so don't let age put you off at all.

All the best whatever route you choose to go down.
Thanks very much for your response. Very encouraging to hear that. L3 responded today, I am off for assessment at the end of the month. Back to the Maths revision books!

gary2018
9th Mar 2018, 19:03
Could also consider FTE Flight Deck program aimed at experienced private pilots.
Thank you. I'll check it out.

EGPF
9th Mar 2018, 19:13
Thanks very much for your response. Very encouraging to hear that. L3 responded today, I am off for assessment at the end of the month. Back to the Maths revision books!

Good luck!

j.bay90
10th Mar 2018, 10:21

Best of luck.

Long division, multiplication, currency conversions. Also check out latestpilotjobs.com for the aptitude stuff, it’s bang on!

Best of luck, be sure to let us know how you go.

EGPF
11th Mar 2018, 21:17
Soon sending away my application for the Generation easyJet MPL with L3!

How long does it take to find out if the application was successful or not?

Michael249
11th Mar 2018, 23:58
Soon sending away my application for the Generation easyJet MPL with L3!

How long does it take to find out if the application was successful or not?

The original application shouldn't be longer than a week.mine took a day

EGPF
12th Mar 2018, 16:55
The original application shouldn't be longer than a week.mine took a day

Thank You!

Michael249
13th Mar 2018, 12:29
Thank You!

I'd say with current waiting times. If you applied now you'd be looking at the end of the year for route allocation or even longer for start dates.

Hpinder787
13th Mar 2018, 12:44
Does anyone have any idea on when the next stage 3 assessments will be? Thanks ��

LandingGear60
13th Mar 2018, 22:35
Does anyone have any idea on when the next stage 3 assessments will be? Thanks ��

For which training academy?

Hpinder787
13th Mar 2018, 22:50
For which training academy? L3, I forgot to say

EGPF
14th Mar 2018, 10:43
I'd say with current waiting times. If you applied now you'd be looking at the end of the year for route allocation or even longer for start dates.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan to go to the selection process in June, right after my studies.

Just to confirm, how long did it take, in weeks, for your route allocation?

j.bay90
14th Mar 2018, 11:43
Thanks for the heads up. I plan to go to the selection process in June, right after my studies.

We heard 1 week after what route we were allocated. I believe there are still some people waiting up to 8 weeks.

Michael249
14th Mar 2018, 12:34

I finished selection at the start of January and had my route allocation mid February. Bit of a wait when compared to others but it makes no difference

Alvor
14th Mar 2018, 20:55
@michae249 Dublin

Why do you think you were unsuccessful in not having EZY offer you a route? Did many of the folks on your selection day get offered an EZY position?

All the best,

Michael249
14th Mar 2018, 21:23
@michae249 Dublin

Why do you think you were unsuccessful in not having EZY offer you a route? Did many of the folks on your selection day get offered an EZY position?

All the best,

They don't tell you exactly why except for saying that the competition for routes is extreme. Especially when there's so many people going for a small amount of routes.

Of the 16 on my selection I got in contact with about 5/6 and one got route 1 and the other Route 2. Didn't hear of any others getting through.

Although getting whitetail isn't exactly what I was hoping for, to get through selection to that point takes a lot. Thankfully I'll be taking up the offer of whitetail.

Alvor
14th Mar 2018, 22:25
They don't tell you exactly why except for saying that the competition for routes is extreme. Especially when there's so many people going for a small amount of routes.

Of the 16 on my selection I got in contact with about 5/6 and one got route 1 and the other Route 2. Didn't hear of any others getting through.

Although getting whitetail isn't exactly what I was hoping for, to get through selection to that point takes a lot. Thankfully I'll be taking up the offer of whitetail.

Thanks for the reply.

Seems a bit up and down then given that an earlier post states that 8/10 of those who passed the selection day were offered an EZY route.

Alvor
14th Mar 2018, 22:27

Btw;

How’d you do on Pilapt?

And have you a university education with work exp etc?

Michael249
14th Mar 2018, 22:30
Btw;

How’d you do on Pilapt?

And have you a university education with work exp etc?

Pilapt was straining but I'm yet to meet anyone who said it was easy

Probably due to the amount of people now applying there is less places on routes hense more of a chance for whitetail option.

I do not have a degree but currently work in the aviation industry as an Aircraft technician apprentice in Dublin.

LandingGear60
15th Mar 2018, 22:10
For the initial online application, does it require an attached CV or is it more of a university-style personal statement? I'm looking at submitting an application within the next couple of weeks and want to be prepared. Thanks

EGPF
15th Mar 2018, 22:14
For the initial online application, does it require an attached CV or is it more of a university-style personal statement? I'm looking at submitting an application within the next couple of weeks and want to be prepared. Thanks

No CV required.

It does ask two questions that do require university-styple personal (answers) however.

LandingGear60
16th Mar 2018, 18:46
No CV required.

It does ask two questions that do require university-styple personal (answers) however.

Thanks for the help!

EGPF
22nd Mar 2018, 08:22
Anyone who recently sat PILAPT please PM me.

Edit: Thanks for all the responses!

Michael249
22nd Mar 2018, 09:39
Anyone on EZMP31?

When's your start date?

j.bay90
22nd Mar 2018, 14:18
When's your start date?

3rd July in Southampton

narob
22nd Mar 2018, 21:37
In case it hasn't been mentioned here before, easyJet MPL trainees now get a full EASA SEP PPL as part of their flying training, something you don't get with the ATPL. Quite a good addition really. The reason is that otherwise an easyJet MPL student wouldn't have at any time got a traditional flying qualification.

Millasaurus
23rd Mar 2018, 09:22
easyJet MPL trainees now get a full EASA SEP PPL as part of their flying training, something you don't get with the ATPL
Should note that this isn't included in the ATPL as obviously it's not needed since those cadets get a CPL/ATPL, which include the privileges of a PPL.

Alvor
23rd Mar 2018, 22:37
Anyone on EZMP31?

Congrats mate.

What’s the deal with references?

e.g - When does easyJet request them? I.e after route allocation or before? And, does easyJet request a referee from both of the provided referees?

Thanks,

(Open to anyone who knows)

Jetstream alpha
24th Mar 2018, 15:26
When applying through the FTO there should be a section where you can put in any references, I'm not sure when/if they are contacted however.

Also L3 have recently introduced cut-e aptitude testing as part of the assessment process following stage 1. Multi-tasking, missile test, etc. not sure if this has been discussed already.

EGPF
24th Mar 2018, 18:45
When applying through the FTO there should be a section where you can put in any references, I'm not sure when/if they are contacted however.

Also L3 have recently introduced cut-e aptitude testing as part of the assessment process following stage 1. Multi-tasking, missile test, etc. not sure if this has been discussed already.

I knew there were Cut-e personal questionair but not an aptitude test... Source?

narob
25th Mar 2018, 09:56
Should note that this isn't included in the ATPL as obviously it's not needed since those cadets get a CPL/ATPL, which include the privileges of a PPL.
Except you don't get an SEP rating with the CPL, which means you will have to do an extra skills test to fly a cessna etc back home.

sambobnix
26th Mar 2018, 11:27
In case it hasn't been mentioned here before, easyJet MPL trainees now get a full EASA SEP PPL as part of their flying training, something you don't get with the ATPL. Quite a good addition really. The reason is that otherwise an easyJet MPL student wouldn't have at any time got a traditional flying qualification.

I asked about this at my recent interview and no one (L3 Staff) seemed to know about it, saying it was just a rumour? How did you find out if you don't mind me asking?

sambobnix
26th Mar 2018, 11:32
Congrats mate.

What’s the deal with references?

e.g - When does easyJet request them? I.e after route allocation or before? And, does easyJet request a referee from both of the provided referees?

Thanks,

(Open to anyone who knows)

Hi Alvor, I provided details of my referees on my initial application and to my knowledge they were never contacted. I've never been asked for an actual written reference.

sambobnix
26th Mar 2018, 11:34
Is anyone in EZMP32?

narob
27th Mar 2018, 05:32
I asked about this at my recent interview and no one (L3 Staff) seemed to know about it, saying it was just a rumour? How did you find out if you don't mind me asking?

I've been through it via getting the PPL, normal New Zealand syllabus.

Alvor
27th Mar 2018, 08:18
Hi Alvor, I provided details of my referees on my initial application and to my knowledge they were never contacted. I've never been asked for an actual written reference.

Thanks, Sam!

hazardinho
4th Apr 2018, 07:55
Is Skytest worth investing in? From a financial perspective I can't help but feel paying £79.00 for something I won't be using again after this month is not the greatest idea.

sambobnix
4th Apr 2018, 21:14
Is Skytest worth investing in? From a financial perspective I can't help but feel paying £79.00 for something I won't be using again after this month is not the greatest idea.

I did for my interview and it helped out no end, I don't think I'd have done half as well as I did without it. You also get other aptitude tests for future interviews that are more complex so it may have future uses for you too! Hope this helps!

31Pilot
4th Apr 2018, 21:17

I’d highly recommend it, it’s very relevant.

£79 isn’t that much compared to the £100k pricetag for the course you’re aiming to get on 🤷*♀️

BaronVonBarnstormer
4th Apr 2018, 22:13

I bought skytest prep software last year. I’ll be starting the MPL course in June. Its well worth the money, it does have a lot more practice tests types than you need for the EasyJet Assesment. The customer support is great too.

EGPF
5th Apr 2018, 09:47

For the aptitude test, its a yes. I'm currently using it and its helped me better understand how the tests work which is the biggest point for me.

Many cadet blogs have information on the aptitude tests, one even has a discount for Skytest ~ £10...

For the maths part of the assessment, its a no.
The maths on a certain aptitude test website is where you want to look as the maths on that certain website has questions which are in similar style to the questions you'll get in the assessment.