PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

winter67
22nd Nov 2017, 20:17
Hey does anyone know how strict VA are with getting references from previous airlines? My old manager from my last airline cant do a reference for me due to personal reasons she’s going through. Surely I wouldn’t be the only one who cant get an airline reference? would this stop my application from going any further? 😥

VaCrew33
23rd Nov 2017, 08:43
Hey does anyone know how strict VA are with getting references from previous airlines? My old manager from my last airline cant do a reference for me due to personal reasons she’s going through. Surely I wouldn’t be the only one who cant get an airline reference? would this stop my application from going any further? 😥

Hey

You can reply back to their email they sent you they are pretty quick with replies to ask or you can use someone else in your old company as long as they are in a senior position and know your worth ethic.

VaCrew33
25th Nov 2017, 14:56
How long does it normally take for references to be checked?

It took just over two weeks to move from the references stage to the water competency stage for me but it seems from reading earlier posts it varies for different people. Which state did you apply for?

Madi_burr
28th Nov 2017, 04:22
I applied for PER Cabin Crew I think about a month ago, immediately received an email asking to send through a 30 second video, few days later I was invited to a recruitment day. I went online and registered, there was 2 days with 3 times to choose from. I chose next Monday the 4th of December! Excited :8

VaCrew33
29th Nov 2017, 02:08
I applied for PER Cabin Crew I think about a month ago, immediately received an email asking to send through a 30 second video, few days later I was invited to a recruitment day. I went online and registered, there was 2 days with 3 times to choose from. I chose next Monday the 4th of December! Excited :8

Oh sweet I'm in the talent pool for Perth. Best of luck! Can you ask when they will be likely to have a date for ground school im anxiously waiting ;)

kiwiflyguy
29th Nov 2017, 03:31
Has anyone heard from AKL assessment days yet? It’s been 2 weeks

Done the comprehension test online but haven't heard more than that; any updates from you for AKL?

Flighty1234
1st Dec 2017, 05:55
Done the comprehension test online but haven't heard more than that; any updates from you for AKL?

Yeah I've just completed the online test too! Fingers crossed for both of us. :)

Madi_burr
1st Dec 2017, 09:52
Oh sweet I'm in the talent pool for Perth. Best of luck! Can you ask when they will be likely to have a date for ground school im anxiously waiting ;)

Yes! i bet you are haha 😩
Any tips for the interview?! I have no idea what to expect!

VaCrew33
2nd Dec 2017, 11:49
Yes! i bet you are haha 😩
Any tips for the interview?! I have no idea what to expect!

It was super cruisey so don't stress. Know the company they will ask a few questions so make sure to do some research. They do a group activity which was fun and the one on one interview is literally only 5-10 mins about your past work experience and what skills you have oh and be sure to look your best!

Madi_burr
3rd Dec 2017, 07:23
It was super cruisey so don't stress. Know the company they will ask a few questions so make sure to do some research. They do a group activity which was fun and the one on one interview is literally only 5-10 mins about your past work experience and what skills you have oh and be sure to look your best!
Thanks babe! I'll let you know how I go and about ground school :)

HGnz
7th Dec 2017, 19:42
Hey everyone
I have been in the talent pool since roughly June of this year. Just wondering if after a certain amount of time, if you aren't called up for ground school, you are removed from the talent pool and effectively have to start all over? I have a vague memory of hearing that this happens after a year but could be wrong! Still eagerly awaiting my opportunity for GS! Would hate to have to go through the process all over again!

VaCrew33
8th Dec 2017, 00:38
Hey everyone
I have been in the talent pool since roughly June of this year. Just wondering if after a certain amount of time, if you aren't called up for ground school, you are removed from the talent pool and effectively have to start all over? I have a vague memory of hearing that this happens after a year but could be wrong! Still eagerly awaiting my opportunity for GS! Would hate to have to go through the process all over again!

Hi

I am unsure as well. From reading previous comments I don't think they make you start all over again but there's no harm in asking Recruitment to get an accurate answer, if you do so can you please update us all on what they say? I've only been in the talent pool for 3 weeks but I can relate to how you feeling about wait times! What base did you apply for?

Erissah
11th Dec 2017, 08:47
Just wondering if anyone in ADL has just been through a GS or has been in talent pool for a while? considering changing my application for ADL due to personal reasons but just wanna know if they have many vacancies their much

samasama
12th Dec 2017, 07:26
Last Adelaide ground school was Nov 2016 and no plans for any at this stage. There are approx 30 - 50 in the talent pool as far as I've been told.

Hope that helps.

Just wondering if anyone in ADL has just been through a GS or has been in talent pool for a while? considering changing my application for ADL due to personal reasons but just wanna know if they have many vacancies their much

VaCrew33
13th Dec 2017, 01:00
Last Adelaide ground school was Nov 2016 and no plans for any at this stage. There are approx 30 - 50 in the talent pool as far as I've been told.

Hope that helps.

Hi Samasama

Have you been in the talent pool over a year?

HGnz
21st Dec 2017, 01:18
Hi

I am unsure as well. From reading previous comments I don't think they make you start all over again but there's no harm in asking Recruitment to get an accurate answer, if you do so can you please update us all on what they say? I've only been in the talent pool for 3 weeks but I can relate to how you feeling about wait times! What base did you apply for?

Hey VACrew33,

I emailed VA yesterday regarding this. Will get back to you when I have a response :)
I applied for CHC base!

Flighty1234
23rd Dec 2017, 05:44

I’m up to water competency now! How are you going?

winter67
23rd Dec 2017, 08:02
Hey I attended the auckland assessment centre early November and have just had my references contacted. Do you know if its swimming that comes next and do they call you for this or just email? 🙂

Flighty1234
24th Dec 2017, 06:20
Hey I attended the auckland assessment centre early November and have just had my references contacted. Do you know if its swimming that comes next and do they call you for this or just email? 🙂

Hey I went for Auckland in early November as well, a few days ago I received an email regarding the swimming competency :)

KGM94
6th Jan 2018, 17:42
Hey All,

I was placed in the talent pool for Canberra crew as part of the domestic regional line in November. Has anyone else applied for Regional? Just wondering if anyone has heard a GS date yet. Hoping it’s in the next couple of months!

ukeechen
9th Jan 2018, 20:47
Hey All,

I was placed in the talent pool for Canberra crew as part of the domestic regional line in November. Has anyone else applied for Regional? Just wondering if anyone has heard a GS date yet. Hoping it’s in the next couple of months!

I attended the Canberra AD in November, then was put in talent pool before Xmas. I haven’t got any further notification after that. Hope won’t be too long.

KGM94
9th Jan 2018, 23:28
I attended the Canberra AD in November, then was put in talent pool before Xmas. I haven’t got any further notification after that. Hope won’t be too long.

Fingers crossed. The wait is killing me. I went to the AD in Sydney and they advised then they were thinking end of
Feb early March.

Flighty1234
10th Jan 2018, 00:29
Does anyone possibly know when the next AKL ground school could be?

ukeechen
10th Jan 2018, 01:18
Fingers crossed. The wait is killing me. I went to the AD in Sydney and they advised then they were thinking end of
Feb early March.

AD for Sydney base? In the Canberra AD, we were told there would be a GS in January.

Brittany1989
10th Jan 2018, 10:27
Has anyone heard anything about Perth ground school yet?

KGM94
10th Jan 2018, 18:52
AD for Sydney base? In the Canberra AD, we were told there would be a GS in January.

AD for Canberra base. I was invited to Sydney by mistake. I’ll be based in Canberra. I called yesterday and they had no updates.

louu
12th Jan 2018, 09:03
Melbourne GS soon?

KGM94
15th Jan 2018, 07:19
You will have to let me know once you have heard :)

ukeechen
15th Jan 2018, 20:46
You will have to let me know once you have heard :)

Absolutely, I will. Fingers crossed.

Jaywah
22nd Jan 2018, 07:09
Hey guys,

Recently applied for Virgin Auckland base. Just sent through the 30 second video. Question, is there an age limit for cabin crew Virgin Australia? I'm male 31.

Caragrace
22nd Jan 2018, 13:49
Anyone heard any news on the MEL base ground school?

Clay111
22nd Jan 2018, 19:01
Hey guys,

Recently applied for Virgin Auckland base. Just sent through the 30 second video. Question, is there an age limit for cabin crew Virgin Australia? I'm male 31.

Hi there’s no age limit so you’ll be fine

winter67
22nd Jan 2018, 23:15
Does anyone know when there is possibly classes for Auckland Base? I attended an assessment center in early November and am up to reference checking. My referees were contacted about a month ago now and still haven't heard anything. Does this process usually take a while? :)

KGM94
23rd Jan 2018, 04:19
Absolutely, I will. Fingers crossed.

There is still no updates :( “Hopefully we have confirmation in the near future”

winter67
26th Jan 2018, 08:16
Hey I am in talet pool now. Have you heard anything about any possible Auckland ground shools coming up? :)

Caragrace
30th Jan 2018, 04:00
Just heard back from an email, where I asked if we would have to reply once the 12 months are up.

Apparently after 12 months applicants would usually have to fully reapply, but since Jan 2018, now we will be reinvited to a refresh assessment day.

So at least none of us will have to fully start again!

HGnz
31st Jan 2018, 03:17
I just had my medicals yesterday for an upcoming ground school in March. Just wondering how long it usually takes for the golden phone call offering a confirmed position?

KGM94
31st Jan 2018, 03:21
I just had my medicals yesterday for an upcoming ground school in March. Just wondering how long it usually takes for the golden phone call offering a confirmed position?

That’s exciting! What location had you applied for?

KGM94
31st Jan 2018, 03:38

Also, did you just get the prompt for your medical through your profile log in or did they call you?

HGnz
31st Jan 2018, 03:39
That’s exciting! What location had you applied for?

So exciting!

I applied for CHC base.

So anxious awaiting the call!! Hopefully it wont take too long.

KGM94
31st Jan 2018, 03:50
So exciting!

I applied for CHC base.

So anxious awaiting the call!! Hopefully it wont take too long.

Did you just get the prompt for your medical through your profile log in or did they call you?

HGnz
31st Jan 2018, 03:59
They called me and emailed me :)

Flighty1234
31st Jan 2018, 04:07
Hey I am in talet pool now. Have you heard anything about any possible Auckland ground shools coming up? :)

I’m also in the talent pool for Auckland! I just heard back today from en email asking about upcoming ground schools and they said there was no updates. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long :)

KGM94
7th Feb 2018, 22:17
They called me and emailed me :)

How long were you in the “talent pool” for?

HGnz
9th Feb 2018, 01:59
How long were you in the “talent pool” for?

About 9 months in the talent pool. Its been about 1 year since I first submitted my application. That doesn't necessarily have any bearing on how fast things will move for you though. You might progress a lot faster - i believe it all depends on operational demands.

Jaywah
12th Feb 2018, 00:26
Hi all,

This message is for those of you who were successful from AKL base and are now flying. What sectors and how many do you typically fly in one day? Do you have many layovers and what cities do crew layover in? I work within the AKL airport precinct and catch the same shuttle and I mostly see crew with carry on luggage more than checked luggage. Does this suggest you mostly do turnaround flights? Where in Auckland was your ground schooling conducted? Any other interesting facts would be most appreciated.

:)

ukeechen
13th Feb 2018, 10:57
There is still no updates :( “Hopefully we have confirmation in the near future”

I got an email “ welcome to Virgin Transit Lounge”, and my application status has been changed to Transit Lounge too. Is that just another name of talent pool?

Shannonelizabeth
13th Feb 2018, 19:52
Hi Guys/Gals,

I've really enjoyed reading through your journeys! I'm interested to know when the last intake for VA AKL base was! I'm desperate to do FA as a career path and really love the progression rate VA have in comparison to some other airlines - so naturally they'd be my first choice! Is there any word when they will next advertise for an AKL intake or am I best to look at other airlines (Air NZ etc)?

TIA,
Shann xx

winter67
14th Feb 2018, 02:45
Hi all, I am in the Talent pool for Auckland Base but have just received the email about the Virgin Transit Lounge and application status changed to Transit Lounge too. Is there any difference with this from Talent Pool? anyone heard any rumours etc of Auckland Training classes coming up? :)

Shannonelizabeth
14th Feb 2018, 19:19
Hi all, I am in the Talent pool for Auckland Base but have just received the email about the Virgin Transit Lounge and application status changed to Transit Lounge too. Is there any difference with this from Talent Pool? anyone heard any rumours etc of Auckland Training classes coming up? :)

Hi Winter67!

When was your AD for VA? I'd love to work for VA but they're not open for AKL base at current but Air NZ are and they'd be my second choice of airline to fly with! Just trying to work out if it's worth waiting for VA or if I just apply to Air NZ instead!

showgirl
19th Feb 2018, 05:13
I just had the golden call for Sydney base to start April 3rd!!! Anyone else?!! I need housemates 😂

MissDee2
19th Feb 2018, 06:13
I got the call as well! Finalllyyyyy :D

Elljack
19th Feb 2018, 06:30
I just had the golden call for Sydney base to start April 3rd!!! Anyone else?!! I need housemates 😂

Yes! I also got the call, woo!!

MissDee2
19th Feb 2018, 09:27
I got the call too!! Yay 😊

showgirl
19th Feb 2018, 21:22
Congratulations !!!
Do either of you have to move for the role?

missymouse
19th Feb 2018, 23:49
Sydney girls who just got the magic call, how long have you been waiting in talent pool/transit lounge?? Excited for you, hoping I get my call soon 😊

showgirl
19th Feb 2018, 23:56
Sydney girls who just got the magic call, how long have you been waiting in talent pool/transit lounge?? Excited for you, hoping I get my call soon 😊

I had my recruitment day mid June and have been in the talent pool since about September. Hope you get yours soon

winter67
20th Feb 2018, 05:24
Anyone know how strict they are with the BMI in the medical? If its high will that be a no?

showgirl
20th Feb 2018, 10:14
Missdee and Elljack we should Facebook add maybe 👍🏼

Elljack
21st Feb 2018, 00:00
Missdee and Elljack we should Facebook add maybe 👍🏼

Hey, sent you a private message x

Angelbuffy
21st Feb 2018, 00:35
I had my recruitment day mid June and have been in the talent pool since about September. Hope you get yours soon

Hi. Is it for Regional or International? Thanks

emirates_wannabee
23rd Feb 2018, 03:17

Yesss!! I also got the call and will need to move. Where in Sydney are you thinking of living?

emirates_wannabee
23rd Feb 2018, 03:30

I went to the October open day and was in the pool by November. I also gave one month notice and maybe that's why I was called earlier as well :)

MissDee2
24th Feb 2018, 00:33

I applied in April, went to AD in July :) I had previously worked for VA though.
Good luck!

KGM94
25th Feb 2018, 21:45
Has anyone that applied from Canberra had the golden call yet? The wait is killing me!

KGM94
26th Feb 2018, 00:16
I got an email “ welcome to Virgin Transit Lounge”, and my application status has been changed to Transit Lounge too. Is that just another name of talent pool?

It's the same as Talent Pool :) they will be sending these emails monthly, just to remind you they haven't forgotten and you are just awaiting training dates.

VaCrew33
10th Mar 2018, 10:46
Hi

Does anybody know what the process is during medicals. What are they checking for? How fit do you have to be?

Caragrace
15th Mar 2018, 02:12
Hey guys!!
Just got my golden call this morning for ground school in MEL starting 8th of May!!! Anyone else? Let’s be friends

KGM94
15th Mar 2018, 02:40
Hey guys!!
Just got my golden call this morning for ground school in MEL starting 8th of May!!! Anyone else? Let’s be friends

Yay!! How long have you been in the talent pool for?

posie1303
15th Mar 2018, 22:53
I got the golden call yesterday about a ground school in Sydney for May 1st!
Let me know if anyone else is going to that one. I'm a brissy gal moving down!

missymouse
16th Mar 2018, 00:48
Hi

Does anybody know what the process is during medicals. What are they checking for? How fit do you have to be?

I am curious about this also. Just had the call up for medical check and a bit anxious about what they are checking.

Caragrace
16th Mar 2018, 10:19
Yay!! How long have you been in the talent pool for?

I was in it since July last year! So quite a while!

missymouse
16th Mar 2018, 22:39

I got the call too for May 1st!! So excited!!

Oscar Rufio
17th Mar 2018, 04:04
Hey Caragrace, I got the call for Melb in May too. Need to do my medicals shortly. I’ve been on hold for some time too ☺️

Mariishappy
17th Mar 2018, 15:24
I am curious about this also. Just had the call up for medical check and a bit anxious about what they are checking.

Hey, I got called for Sydney gs starting on 1st of May. (oh I and I'll be moving from brisbane) Really look forward to meeting you all :)
I did my medicals the other day and they asked me about my previous health issues, did some tests on eyes, hearing, drugs/alcohol. The a bit on the physical movements like stretching and bending. And that was pretty much it.
Cant believe were finally at the last stage of the recruitment yayyy!! :D

BNEguy
17th Mar 2018, 16:03

Hey I also got the call and will move to Sydney for the 1st of may GS! Wanna be gal pals? I’m also from brissy!

Caragrace
18th Mar 2018, 12:51
Hey Caragrace, I got the call for Melb in May too. Need to do my medicals shortly. I’ve been on hold for some time too ☺️

When was your assessment day? I will need to book mine soon as well ☺️

Oscar Rufio
18th Mar 2018, 15:11
When was your assessment day? I will need to book mine soon as well ☺️

April 2017 am session. Did you attend the same one? 🙃

posie1303
19th Mar 2018, 01:01
Hey I also got the call and will move to Sydney for the 1st of may GS! Wanna be gal pals? I’m also from brissy!

Yay for sure! I need to figure out housing still. Stressful times but so exciting

Caragrace
19th Mar 2018, 10:00
April 2017 am session. Did you attend the same one? 🙃

I attended the June one! Quite the wait for both of us

Angelbuffy
20th Mar 2018, 01:39

Hi there. Since when you’re in the talent pool?

BNEguy
20th Mar 2018, 22:32
Anyone moving to Sydney for the 1st of may GS contact me please (: I’m from brissy and will need to sort housing out! So excited to meet some of you very soon!

posie1303
21st Mar 2018, 02:51
Hi there. Since when you’re in the talent pool?

July last year!

jaycee95
21st Mar 2018, 08:59
Hi All, looking to apply for the expression of interest for melbourne international. Any tips and tricks for the elevator pitch? Also what is required for the medical?

Angelbuffy
22nd Mar 2018, 03:19
July last year!

Quite a while! Anyway Congratulations and Good luck!

Barbs97
22nd Mar 2018, 06:53
Hi All!!

Current employee of VA here!! Good luck to all of you in training and to those of you still going through the application process!

I’m an onboard trainer ;) So we may just cross paths when you join us!

VaCrew33
26th Mar 2018, 11:42
Hi All!!

Current employee of VA here!! Good luck to all of you in training and to those of you still going through the application process!

I’m an onboard trainer ;) So we may just cross paths when you join us!

Thanks Barb97

Can't wait to start the wait is killing me. Hope to run into you x

louu
27th Mar 2018, 01:07
Hey everyone! Just got my call for MEL base for May 8 start :) For those wondering:
I originally applied on 31/3/17 and my recruitment day was 20/7/17.
Good luck to those in the recruitment process and can't wait to meet you guys and gals!! x

Brittany1989
28th Mar 2018, 11:30
Hey for everyone who Has been called for ground school, how exciting!!! I’m still waiting 😩 do they offer you a spot pending medical or do you have to do the medical first before you get a spot?

KGM94
28th Mar 2018, 22:01
Hey for everyone who Has been called for ground school, how exciting!!! I’m still waiting 😩 do they offer you a spot pending medical or do you have to do the medical first before you get a spot?

Which base are you waiting for? :)

posie1303
29th Mar 2018, 00:32

They held my spot for me until they received my medical results and within a few days I received a formal offer of employment via phone call and was emailed a confirmation along with my welcome letter, contract and documents for ground school

Angelbuffy
29th Mar 2018, 01:27
They held my spot for me until they received my medical results and within a few days I received a formal offer of employment via phone call and was emailed a confirmation along with my welcome letter, contract and documents for ground school

Wow! Congratulations! That’s soooo cool! Can’t wait to receive my call also!

Brittany1989
29th Mar 2018, 08:50
Which base are you waiting for? :)
Perth domestic 😊

Brittany1989
29th Mar 2018, 08:52
Very exciting 😊

KGM94
4th Apr 2018, 05:48
I got the golden call today!! For Canberra crew, with ground school starting May 14th :) fingers crossed I pass the medical next week!

KGM94
4th Apr 2018, 09:08
Hey, I got called for Sydney gs starting on 1st of May. (oh I and I'll be moving from brisbane) Really look forward to meeting you all :)
I did my medicals the other day and they asked me about my previous health issues, did some tests on eyes, hearing, drugs/alcohol. The a bit on the physical movements like stretching and bending. And that was pretty much it.
Cant believe were finally at the last stage of the recruitment yayyy!! :D

Did you have to supply your medical records at all?

DawnEm
6th Apr 2018, 01:16
Hi everyone!
Just registered for this forum to ask the question of how long people have had to wait to hear anything back after submitting their video?
I sent it 2 weeks ago today and unfortunately have not heard anything at all. Thanks in advance :)

flywithd
11th Apr 2018, 14:47
Anyone else got the golden call for MEL on the 8th may? :):)

Ahm142
19th Apr 2018, 05:31

Will see you May 8 :)

morganmadigan
19th Apr 2018, 06:52
Hey guys!
Newbie here. Just wondering if anyone has recently applied for a cabin crew position and been asked to film a 30second video about what they believe makes a successful cabin crew member?
After any pointers, tips or info to help!

Flighty1234
19th Apr 2018, 11:39
Anyone know of any updates on akl ground schools? :)

malatincova
24th Apr 2018, 05:52
Hi everyone!
New here! I have recently applied for Cabin Crew position and have completed the 30 second video about myself for Auckland base.
Anyone else in the same boat? How long will it take to hear back?

Thank you!

Concord11s
25th Apr 2018, 22:23
Hi everyone!
New here! I have recently applied for Cabin Crew position and have completed the 30 second video about myself for Auckland base.
Anyone else in the same boat? How long will it take to hear back?

Thank you!
Hi there it took roughly 2 weeks to hear back from them I just received mine last night.
So I got an invitation to attend the Recruitment Day and to select a time booking which there were non left so now my question is how long will that take to book for next Recruitment day? Any one in Auckland experience that?

Caragrace
26th Apr 2018, 00:42
8th of May here also!

emily92
26th Apr 2018, 00:47
Has anybody attended a virgin assessment day this year? Or is anyone going in two weeks to the mel one?

Flygirl16
19th May 2018, 09:56
Hey guys, i have been following this thread for a while now. I applied for akl base and i did my interview last month i think it was. I’m on the transit lounge stage now does anyone know what that means 😊

Concord11s
19th May 2018, 17:08
Hey guys, i have been following this thread for a while now. I applied for akl base and i did my interview last month i think it was. I’m on the transit lounge stage now does anyone know what that means 😊
How did the interview go?

Flygirl16
20th May 2018, 03:50
Hey guys, does anyone know when the next ground school is for akl based cabin crew

Flygirl16
20th May 2018, 22:11
How did the interview go? It went really well the whole recruitment process was really simple and straightforward 😊

Flighty1234
21st May 2018, 19:41
Hey guys, does anyone know when the next ground school is for akl based cabin crew
Not sure when the next ground school is but I’m also in the transit lounge and have been since December last year. :)

Concord11s
21st May 2018, 21:31
It went really well the whole recruitment process was really simple and straightforward 😊
That's awesome I'm still waiting for the recruitment they had no bookings left last month when I got the email.

VaCrew33
24th May 2018, 10:52
Has anybody tried to update their application to add new contact details when they are in the transit lounge stage and when they do it says ineligible?

Louise Kelly
2nd Jun 2018, 11:03
I'm still waiting for Recruitment Day in Perth for Mainline Domestic Crew. Anyone else on hold for that?

Louise Kelly
2nd Jun 2018, 11:03
That's awesome I'm still waiting for the recruitment they had no bookings left last month when I got the email.
Which base? Nothing happening in Perth

Concord11s
2nd Jun 2018, 11:04
Which base? Nothing happening in Perth
Auckland base

Brittany1989
3rd Jun 2018, 07:56
I'm still waiting for Recruitment Day in Perth for Mainline Domestic Crew. Anyone else on hold for that?

I have been in the transit lounge for Perth domestic for almost 12 months and still nothing yet ☹️

Flighty1234
4th Jun 2018, 02:31
Anyone else in the July ground school for Auckland base? :)

cc2018
9th Jun 2018, 10:54
Virgin are hiring for Canberra Regional and Auckland Short Haul if anyone wasn't aware and/or interested!

QFFA97
11th Jun 2018, 21:58
Hi all this is for those who have applied for VA in Australia in any base and have made it through. Just want some feedback please. I am up to reference check stage and references have not been contacted it’s been over a week. How long have folks waited from this point on to starting ground school. Thanks QFFA97

VaCrew33
12th Jun 2018, 01:43
Anybody starting with Perth Regional in July?

Flygirl16
17th Jun 2018, 12:22
Anyone else in the July ground school for Auckland base? :)

Yes i’m in the july ground school 😄

cc2018
18th Jun 2018, 00:36
Anybody starting with Perth Regional in July?

they have just put out an expression of interest for Perth VARA. maybe looking for more people? Probably not though as it’s only expressions of interest...

VaCrew33
20th Jun 2018, 16:23
they have just put out an expression of interest for Perth VARA. maybe looking for more people? Probably not though as it’s only expressions of interest...
I’m starting in July with Perth regional. Was just checking if anybody on here was too.

Bola1
12th Jul 2018, 08:14
Hi everyone, I am in the Talent pool for Auckland Base but have just received the email about the Virgin Transit Lounge and application status changed to Transit Lounge too. Is there any difference with this from Talent Pool? anyone heard any rumours etc of Auckland Training classes coming up?

cc2018
15th Jul 2018, 16:51
I am actually genuinely curious as to what virgin is looking for through these videos to get to an assessment day? I’ve applied 6 times - 2 times when they didn’t do the interview (once I got invited but couldn’t attend) and have done the video 4 times but been rejected. Clearly my resume was ok to be invited twice but as soon as they brought the video interview out it went downhill. It’s a little disheartening but I genuinely don’t know what they are looking for... oh well onwards and upwards.

1dayiwillflyaway
8th Aug 2018, 02:43
Hi everyone, I recently applied to the expression of interest for Sydney cabin crew and after doing my video pitch, I'm at the next stage - awaiting recruitment day. Anyone else? Very excited to finally be starting this journey!

Macey15
9th Aug 2018, 11:44
Hi everyone, I recently applied to the expression of interest for Sydney cabin crew and after doing my video pitch, I'm at the next stage - awaiting recruitment day. Anyone else? Very excited to finally be starting this journey!

I applied for the Expression of Interest for Sydney Cabin Crew back in mid July, I did my video pitch but since then have not heard back :hmm:. Best of luck for the recruitment day! :)

1dayiwillflyaway
11th Aug 2018, 06:06
I applied for the Expression of Interest for Sydney Cabin Crew back in mid July, I did my video pitch but since then have not heard back :hmm:. Best of luck for the recruitment day! :)
Hopefully you hear back soon! I did my video on 16 July and got the recruitment day email on 19 July. I saw on their careers page they have another expression of interest ad up again closing at the end of August so I guess they are still going through all their submissions. Fingers crossed for you that you hear positive news soon! 🤞😃

TinyTee224
11th Aug 2018, 09:07
Hi everyone! I just applied for ADL base last weekend and have submitted my 30 second video pitch. Now to wait for an email for an AD hopefully, fingers crossed!! Is there anyone else who has applied for ADL following this forum? :)

Macey15
11th Aug 2018, 09:54
Hopefully you hear back soon! I did my video on 16 July and got the recruitment day email on 19 July. I saw on their careers page they have another expression of interest ad up again closing at the end of August so I guess they are still going through all their submissions. Fingers crossed for you that you hear positive news soon! 🤞😃

Thank-you 😀 I might email them within the next couple of days and see if I can find out what happened. Have they given you a date for the recruitment day so far?

1dayiwillflyaway
13th Aug 2018, 02:05
Thank-you 😀 I might email them within the next couple of days and see if I can find out what happened. Have they given you a date for the recruitment day so far?
No date yet, but the latest expression of interest closes on 31 August so I'm guessing the recruitment day won't be scheduled until they have gone through all the applicants. I check my emails 100 times a day! 😄

rach94
13th Aug 2018, 03:43
Hey guys! Newbeee here. Has anyone else recently applied for the expressions of insterest melb base? Ive submitted my video 6 days ago just waiting to hear back! Would love to hear how everyone else is going 😬

TinyTee224
16th Aug 2018, 09:46
Hey guys! Newbeee here. Has anyone else recently applied for the expressions of insterest melb base? Ive submitted my video 6 days ago just waiting to hear back! Would love to hear how everyone else is going 😬
Hello!! I’ve applied for ADL base but I believe they do the ground school in MEL 😊 I’m also waiting to hear after submitting the video over a week ago and I’m guessing we will have to wait until they have AD’s sorted. Have you heard anything back yet?

rach94
16th Aug 2018, 10:09
Hello!! I’ve applied for ADL base but I believe they do the ground school in MEL 😊 I’m also waiting to hear after submitting the video over a week ago and I’m guessing we will have to wait until they have AD’s sorted. Have you heard anything back yet?

Hey! Oh good luck to you! I haven’t heard anything back either I assume we will maybe September once the ad closes. Just gotta keep waiting 😬 even though I check my emails like 10 times a day hoping something comes through haha! Hopefully I’ll see you in melb then 👌🏽

TinyTee224
16th Aug 2018, 12:56
Hey! Oh good luck to you! I haven’t heard anything back either I assume we will maybe September once the ad closes. Just gotta keep waiting 😬 even though I check my emails like 10 times a day hoping something comes through haha! Hopefully I’ll see you in melb then 👌🏽
Aww thank you, same for you 🤞🏼 Good to hear you’re in the same boat, I think you’re probably right haha they’ll wait till it closes to plan AD’s. I also check my emails constantly even though I get notifications for it 😂 I hope so, it’ll be good to make friends if we get to GS. I’ll keep you updated if I hear anything!

1dayiwillflyaway
17th Aug 2018, 02:00
Hi everyone! I just received my invitation for the Sydney Recruitment Day and have booked in for next Friday 1pm. Anyone else attending that day? Hopefully everyone gets an email for their base soon! 😀

1dayiwillflyaway
17th Aug 2018, 10:33
Hey Rach94, I tried to reply to your message but it says your inbox is full. I had to delete yours to be able to reply - I think because we're new to the forum we can only have 1 message at a time?

TinyTee224
17th Aug 2018, 11:42
Hi everyone! I just received my invitation for the Sydney Recruitment Day and have booked in for next Friday 1pm. Anyone else attending that day? Hopefully everyone gets an email for their base soon! 😀
Yay congratulations!!! I’m glad you’ve gotten to the next stage, hopefully we will all hear back soon about AD’s 😁 good luck with it!

rach94
17th Aug 2018, 11:44
Hey Rach94, I tried to reply to your message but it says your inbox is full. I had to delete yours to be able to reply - I think because we're new to the forum we can only have 1 message at a time?

Just figured that one out. Ah. What I was trying to say was congrats and how long did it take to hear back after submitting your video?

redlippie.fa
18th Aug 2018, 03:17
Hello everyone.. newbie here. Anyone waiting for gs melbourne base? Been waiting for more than 2 months now...

1dayiwillflyaway
18th Aug 2018, 03:27
Just figured that one out. Ah. What I was trying to say was congrats and how long did it take to hear back after submitting your video?
Thank you!! I hope everyone hears soon too! I applied on 12th July, video on 16th July and 19th July email saying awaiting recruitment day. Yesterday I got the invitation for Sydney AD. What base did you apply for? 😃

TinyTee224
22nd Aug 2018, 23:44
Has anyone else heard back about AD’s yet? I’m still waiting haha just wanted to check in on everyone 😊
1dayiwillflyaway is your assessment day tomorrow too?! How exciting, best of luck! You’ll have to let us know how it goes 😄

rach94
23rd Aug 2018, 00:27
I applied for MEL base. I assume I’ll hear after the end date of the ad. It’s killing me though ��

1dayiwillflyaway
23rd Aug 2018, 03:03
Has anyone else heard back about AD’s yet? I’m still waiting haha just wanted to check in on everyone 😊
1dayiwillflyaway is your assessment day tomorrow too?! How exciting, best of luck! You’ll have to let us know how it goes 😄
Thank you TinyTee224! Yes, it's tomorrow at 1pm! I'll post an update afterwards. Hopefully you hear soon! I applied to the ad that closed 16 July, I think some people may have applied to the ad that started on 31 July and closing end August so I'm wondering if maybe they are running ADs for the first lot then will again for the next group of applicants. I'm keeping positive for everyone to hear soon! 😀

TinyTee224
23rd Aug 2018, 08:13
Thank you TinyTee224! Yes, it's tomorrow at 1pm! I'll post an update afterwards. Hopefully you hear soon! I applied to the ad that closed 16 July, I think some people may have applied to the ad that started on 31 July and closing end August so I'm wondering if maybe they are running ADs for the first lot then will again for the next group of applicants. I'm keeping positive for everyone to hear soon! 😀

That’s super exciting, good luck! I’m sure you’ll do great 😊 it’ll be good to hear what it’s like. Yeah I bet that’s probably what they’re doing, plus I know the ADL base only got advertised in the newest ad so I know it’ll probably take a while. I hope so, I move to Adelaide at the end of September so if I got this job around then that would be ideal!

Macey15
26th Aug 2018, 10:16

How was the Sydney Assessment Day? :)

TinyTee224
27th Aug 2018, 07:22
Hey everyone! I’ve been invited to an AD for ADL base this Friday the 31st is August YAY!!! I’m super excited, I just need to get rid of my shift at work or call in sick and then I’ll fly down for it 😄 has anyone else heard for their base?

rach94
27th Aug 2018, 07:27
Hey everyone! I’ve been invited to an AD for ADL base this Friday the 31st is August YAY!!! I’m super excited, I just need to get rid of my shift at work or call in sick and then I’ll fly down for it 😄 has anyone else heard for their base?

Yay congrats!!! I’m still waiting for MEL base! Hopefully it’s coming not long after your email :) Goodluck!

1dayiwillflyaway
27th Aug 2018, 07:44
How was the Sydney Assessment Day? :)
Hi everyone! I had my AD last Friday in Sydney. It was really good (and felt surreal!), the recruiters were very friendly. Starts with a presentation, followed by group activity then individual interviews. I was interviewed by 2 very lovely people. They said we'd hear within 2 weeks if we progress to online testing but I got an email on Saturday night to do my online test - I'm so nervous to come this far so I'm scared to do the test 😂. Everyone who attended was very friendly and very supportive of each other. Anyone done the online test yet? Good luck to those attending upcoming ADs!

TinyTee224
27th Aug 2018, 09:43
Hi everyone! I had my AD last Friday in Sydney. It was really good (and felt surreal!), the recruiters were very friendly. Starts with a presentation, followed by group activity then individual interviews. I was interviewed by 2 very lovely people. They said we'd hear within 2 weeks if we progress to online testing but I got an email on Saturday night to do my online test - I'm so nervous to come this far so I'm scared to do the test 😂. Everyone who attended was very friendly and very supportive of each other. Anyone done the online test yet? Good luck to those attending upcoming ADs!

Thats amazing that you got an email asking to do the next stage basically straight away, congratulations 😄 don’t worry about the comprehension test, I’m sure you’ll do awesome. How many people were at your AD? And what sort of questions do they ask in the individual interview? I’m just trying to prepare for my AD on Friday 😬

TinyTee224
27th Aug 2018, 10:21
Yay congrats!!! I’m still waiting for MEL base! Hopefully it’s coming not long after your email :) Goodluck!

Thank you, so nice to finally get an email!! I reckon that you’ll definitely get an email soon because if we’re successful we’d probably be in the same ground school! Fingers crossed 😊

1dayiwillflyaway
28th Aug 2018, 01:00
Thats amazing that you got an email asking to do the next stage basically straight away, congratulations 😄 don’t worry about the comprehension test, I’m sure you’ll do awesome. How many people were at your AD? And what sort of questions do they ask in the individual interview? I’m just trying to prepare for my AD on Friday 😬
Thank you! I completed the online test about midnight last night and this morning got the email about reference checks. We had 14 people at our AD. There is plenty of time to chat to each other and everyone is really supportive, it's great! They ask behavioural type questions and you need to have examples. At the end those that had been interviewed chatted outside and it seems we were all asked different questions. Prepare usual examples like "difficult customers", "going above and beyond", "why you think you'd be a good cabin crew member". They are really lovely, so take your time and try to give clear examples. I was very nervous but they would know how much everyone really wants it and would understand. Good luck!! 😘

TinyTee224
28th Aug 2018, 01:24
Thank you! I completed the online test about midnight last night and this morning got the email about reference checks. We had 14 people at our AD. There is plenty of time to chat to each other and everyone is really supportive, it's great! They ask behavioural type questions and you need to have examples. At the end those that had been interviewed chatted outside and it seems we were all asked different questions. Prepare usual examples like "difficult customers", "going above and beyond", "why you think you'd be a good cabin crew member". They are really lovely, so take your time and try to give clear examples. I was very nervous but they would know how much everyone really wants it and would understand. Good luck!! 😘

How was the online test? Ahhh that’s amazing, you’re getting responses back so quickly, you go girl 😄 I’ve booked in for the morning session because the afternoon one is booked out already and I’m flying down the Thursday afternoon and staying a night. Hopefully it goes well 🤞🏼 Thank you for telling me about the AD, I appreciate it! I’ve already got those kind of behavioural questions prepared and some others so I’ll just read them over so I have examples in my head. Eep, I’ll be nervous for sure but everyone says they’re all lovely so it’ll be great! 😊

Upupandaway84
30th Aug 2018, 01:07
Is anyone coming to the recruitment day in MEL next week?

TinyTee224
2nd Sep 2018, 00:02
Hey everyone! So I completed my AD on Friday for ADL and it went really well (I hope!). The two recruiters were lovely and made us all feel super comfortable and all the other people there were also awesome! So now I’ve just gotta wait to hear if I get through to the next round or not 🤞🏼 I really hope I do! The waiting is making me super nervous so I’m trying not to think about it to much haha. Has anyone else heard about an AD for the other bases?! I’m happy to answer questions 😊

Upupandaway84
3rd Sep 2018, 04:22
Hey everyone! So I completed my AD on Friday for ADL and it went really well (I hope!). The two recruiters were lovely and made us all feel super comfortable and all the other people there were also awesome! So now I’ve just gotta wait to hear if I get through to the next round or not 🤞🏼 I really hope I do! The waiting is making me super nervous so I’m trying not to think about it to much haha. Has anyone else heard about an AD for the other bases?! I’m happy to answer questions 😊
hello! How long did the AD take? What type of questions did they ask? I’ve got mine on Wednesday

rach94
3rd Sep 2018, 05:00
Is anyone coming to the recruitment day in MEL next week?

Did you apply for MEL base?

TinyTee224
3rd Sep 2018, 12:35
hello! How long did the AD take? What type of questions did they ask? I’ve got mine on Wednesday

Hi! Good luck with it, everyone is super nice 😊 it basically takes as long as the time you booked for, so mine was 8.30-12.30 and I was one of the last to do the 1v1 interview at like 12.30! The 1v1 take about 2hrs to get through. So they asked me to go through my work history, talk about my current role, why the career change and why virgin over another airline. Then they asked me two behavioural questions, so one was about a time I’ve dealt with a difficult customer and then a time I went above and beyond for a customer, so make sure you have two specific examples prepared 😄 and then they just went through a general thing about if you have tattoos etc. The recruiters are lovely so I wasn’t super nervous at all!

Upupandaway84
3rd Sep 2018, 16:28
Did you apply for MEL base?
hello 😃 yes I did. Are u attending the AD too?

Upupandaway84
3rd Sep 2018, 16:29
Hi! Good luck with it, everyone is super nice 😊 it basically takes as long as the time you booked for, so mine was 8.30-12.30 and I was one of the last to do the 1v1 interview at like 12.30! The 1v1 take about 2hrs to get through. So they asked me to go through my work history, talk about my current role, why the career change and why virgin over another airline. Then they asked me two behavioural questions, so one was about a time I’ve dealt with a difficult customer and then a time I went above and beyond for a customer, so make sure you have two specific examples prepared 😄 and then they just went through a general thing about if you have tattoos etc. The recruiters are lovely so I wasn’t super nervous at all!
thanks so much for all the tips. Hope you get some good news soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

rach94
3rd Sep 2018, 20:44
hello 😃 yes I did. Are u attending the AD too?

im still waiting to hear anything! I’ve got all my fingers crossed haha good luck :)

Upupandaway84
3rd Sep 2018, 23:21
im still waiting to hear anything! I’ve got all my fingers crossed haha good luck :)
thank you! I wasn’t expecting to hear back so soon as it was expression of interest. They only emailed last Wednesday so they prob doing a few interviews. They didn’t give much notice for the interview. I’ll let you know how the interview was so u can be ready for when u get the email 😃 have u gone for an airline interview before? I’ve worked for a few so if you need any tips let me know 👍🏻

rach94
4th Sep 2018, 00:01
thank you! I wasn’t expecting to hear back so soon as it was expression of interest. They only emailed last Wednesday so they prob doing a few interviews. They didn’t give much notice for the interview. I’ll let you know how the interview was so u can be ready for when u get the email 😃 have u gone for an airline interview before? I’ve worked for a few so if you need any tips let me know 👍🏻

yeah that’s what I’m putting it down too aswell. Yes please do let me know how you go, how exciting! I’m sure I’ll be at your stage anytime soon now :)
no I haven’t! Yes all the tips would be great, Ive researched quite a bit so I think I know what to expect along with everyone else’s experiences posted on here :)

rach94
5th Sep 2018, 03:41

I got an email yay! But not with a date, they said they don’t have any at this stage but they will email when there is one :)

Upupandaway84
5th Sep 2018, 07:07
I got an email yay! But not with a date, they said they don’t have any at this stage but they will email when there is one :)

That’s great news! Congratulations. Im sure you won’t be waiting long.

rach94
5th Sep 2018, 07:13
That’s great news! Congratulations. Im sure you won’t be waiting long.

whens your AD? Goodluck👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Upupandaway84
6th Sep 2018, 00:58
whens your AD? Goodluck👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
it was yesterday. It must of went well cause I’ve already got the email to do the comprehensive test. I won’t get time to do it today so will get it done tomorro. Hope it’s not to hard 😬

rach94
6th Sep 2018, 01:26
it was yesterday. It must of went well cause I’ve already got the email to do the comprehensive test. I won’t get time to do it today so will get it done tomorro. Hope it’s not to hard 😬

Oh wow smashed it 🤗 must be a pro haha. I’m sure you’ll do great, interview is always the hard part!

Louise Kelly
10th Sep 2018, 08:06
Virgin Assessment Day Perth Sept 2018 - just been contacted by email offering me 20 or 21 for first interview. This is 12 months after applying and I can't make either date as just taken 6 weeks work in Malaysia and leave on the 17th September!

itsness
11th Sep 2018, 00:20
Hi guys & girls! Today I have my assessment day in Sydney at 1pm! Anyone from here will be there? I'm sooooo excited and ready to shine. Thanks to this discussion I feel more confident ;)

Kiki27
12th Sep 2018, 13:59
Anyone going to the AD tomorrow ??

rach94
13th Sep 2018, 04:57
Anyone going to the MEL AD on the 19th in the morning?

itsness
13th Sep 2018, 11:03
Anyone going to the AD tomorrow ??

Hey Kiki27 how did your AD go?

Upupandaway84
14th Sep 2018, 01:24
Anyone going to the MEL AD on the 19th in the morning?
Yay!!! You got the email. Good luck with the AD 😃

rach94
14th Sep 2018, 02:54
Yay!!! You got the email. Good luck with the AD 😃

thank youuuuu!! 🙃

1dayiwillflyaway
14th Sep 2018, 05:11
Hi everyone! Anyone else starting ground school in Sydney on 2 October?

rach94
14th Sep 2018, 07:43
Hi everyone! Anyone else starting ground school in Sydney on 2 October?
wow the whole process was so quick for you! Have fun!!! And Goodluck :)

Kiki27
14th Sep 2018, 21:02
Hey Kiki27 how did your AD go?

it went well kinda overwhelming though with nerves flying in the air . I think I did okay . just waiting now to see if I’ve progressed to the next stage 😊

itsness
15th Sep 2018, 06:22
Hi everyone! The wait is killing me haha I attended the AD on the 11th and I can't wait to find out if I passed or not!
In the meantime I got an email from Tigerair to do my elevator pinch, but I would prefer Virgin.

Beebur
16th Sep 2018, 08:58
Hi all,

just curious did virgin run through their tattoo policy at the assessment day?
I was invited for the 20th or 21st in perth but I had to decline. I have tattoos and really want to know their policy. I keep finding conflicting information online.

thank you 😁

Beebur
16th Sep 2018, 09:04
Hi all,

just curious can anyone who has been to the virgin Australia assessment day let me know what their tattoo policy is?

I cant make the perth assessment day Thursday and Friday but I am dying to know the tattoo policy as I can only find conflicting information online.

thank you

itsness
16th Sep 2018, 23:55
Hi all,

just curious can anyone who has been to the virgin Australia assessment day let me know what their tattoo policy is?

I cant make the perth assessment day Thursday and Friday but I am dying to know the tattoo policy as I can only find conflicting information online.

thank you

Hi Beebur,
at the AD they ask you if you have any visible tattoos. I got one in my arm but it's not visible with the uniform and they are fine with it. :)

Kiki27
17th Sep 2018, 05:54
I have a tattoo on my ankle they just said to cover it up

Beebur
17th Sep 2018, 06:28
Thank you ��
I always have mine covered at work but I want sure how strict they are.

rach94
17th Sep 2018, 11:33
Hi everyoneeee! Just prepping for my AD - wanting some examples of behavioural questions that you got asked? Thanks 😇

Beebur
17th Sep 2018, 23:10
Thank you, I contacted them yesterday actually and they said their policy is they must be covered by fabric and they offer alternative to the uniforms such as pants and long sleeves.
they sound very accommodating which just makes me want to get the job more Haha.

Brittany1989
20th Sep 2018, 05:43
Is anyone going to the Perth ad tomorrow?

rach94
21st Sep 2018, 00:30
Hi everyone! The wait is killing me haha I attended the AD on the 11th and I can't wait to find out if I passed or not!
In the meantime I got an email from Tigerair to do my elevator pinch, but I would prefer Virgin.

did you find out yet? Have you received an email??

Bbrrooookkee
21st Sep 2018, 03:04
Hey everyone!
How long did everyone have to wait before hearing back after submitting their 30second video?
I submitted mine 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything

Kiki27
24th Sep 2018, 11:00
How long does it take for them to get back after AD ? Went on 14th sep ??

rach94
24th Sep 2018, 11:09
How long does it take for them to get back after AD ? Went on 14th sep ??

I went on the 19th and I’m still waiting too!

Kiki27
24th Sep 2018, 11:26
I went on the 19th and I’m still waiting too!
one of the guys that was in my group had already received an email over the weekend to say he had progressed to the online test but failed it 🤦🏻*♀️

rach94
24th Sep 2018, 11:49
one of the guys that was in my group had already received an email over the weekend to say he had progressed to the online test but failed it 🤦🏻*♀️

Oh wow, that’s not the ideal situation! Im sure we will hear something this week 🙌🏼🤞🏼...and pass the test haha

1dayiwillflyaway
25th Sep 2018, 04:11
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone is starting ground school in Sydney next Tuesday? Good luck to everyone else waiting for news / next stage xx

rach94
26th Sep 2018, 03:19
Random question: Has anyone been unsuccessful for virgin and applied for Tiger? I know you have to wait 12 months for virgin but does this apply for Tiger? Advice would be helpful

Skyangel20
26th Sep 2018, 05:29
Random question: Has anyone been unsuccessful for virgin and applied for Tiger? I know you have to wait 12 months for virgin but does this apply for Tiger? Advice would be helpful

you can apply for tiger :) they are different recruitment processes

rach94
26th Sep 2018, 09:41
you can apply for tiger :) they are different recruitment processes

thank you! Has anyone else been unsuccessful and waited a year befor applying again? How did you go?

stotal13
30th Sep 2018, 09:14
Hi all,

Is anyone heading to the Assessment day in MEL this coming week for VA?

Captain.Crunch
6th Oct 2018, 05:10
Hey,

Did anybody here attend the AD in MEL on 3rd/4th of OCT? Has anybody received an e-mail yet for the online test?

stotal13
6th Oct 2018, 13:17
Hey,

Did anybody here attend the AD in MEL on 3rd/4th of OCT? Has anybody received an e-mail yet for the online test?

Hey, I attended Thursday's session and I received and email by late evening for the online test. Have you heard anything from them yet? Best of luck

Captain.Crunch
7th Oct 2018, 21:17
Hey, I attended Thursday's session and I received and email by late evening for the online test. Have you heard anything from them yet? Best of luck

Congrats on hearing back so quickly, what was the test like? Yet to hear anything yet, but still staying positive!

stotal13
14th Oct 2018, 08:17
Thank you!! I am waiting now to hear anything further. How is your application going?

wannabe1
16th Oct 2018, 02:52
I got asked to submit a video and got told it was successfully uploaded on about the 15th of September! However I haven’t heard back yet and I’ve just seen that their was an interview on the 3rd/4th of October!? Do virgin send out rejection emails or do I have my hopes up?

balihi
21st Oct 2018, 18:53
Hi all,

This message is for those of you who were successful from AKL base and are now flying. What sectors and how many do you typically fly in one day? Do you have many layovers and what cities do crew layover in? I work within the AKL airport precinct and catch the same shuttle and I mostly see crew with carry on luggage more than checked luggage. Does this suggest you mostly do turnaround flights? Where in Auckland was your ground schooling conducted? Any other interesting facts would be most appreciated.

:)
Hi i know this was posted a while ago but i would love to know the answers to these questions as well!! Where to virgin Auckland fly, many layovers, is it a small base. Thank you so much in advance!

morganmadigan
22nd Oct 2018, 00:58
I got asked to submit a video and got told it was successfully uploaded on about the 15th of September! However I haven’t heard back yet and I’ve just seen that their was an interview on the 3rd/4th of October!? Do virgin send out rejection emails or do I have my hopes up?

I'm in the same boat as you. I think I submitting my video maybe a week before you did and still haven’t heard anything. Have you heard from them yet?

wannabe1
20th Jan 2019, 10:32
Is anyone else in the transit lounge for a training date?? Had the AD in December then Just missed the Jan intake as my references gave me wrong email address :( the waits killing me.. does anyone have any idea when the next on is? Haha

miss.jade
16th Feb 2019, 04:46
Hi
I'm currently at the medical assesment stage with a traning school opening 7 march in Melbourne
I have a prescription for valium which I only take when I have really bad periods (ever since getting off birth control)
doctors recommendation to take that with naprogesic to help me relax and sleep at night when the pain is unsettling. Anyway pretty sure Benzo will test positive for the 2 tablets I took a week ago when I had a bad night on my period, I know they will do a gsmc test to pinpoint exactly what drug was taken and how much which is fine I have a script and a letter from my doctor explaning the reason I have the script, nothing to do with aniexty

do you think this will effect my chances of not passing the medical? I'm a little worried because ik benzo are assicitoed with aniexty/depression I think.

Thanks!