PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

manymiles
20th Aug 2016, 09:34
Starting this forum for those who have applied for VIRGIN AUSTRALIA Cabin Crew - Auckland, Christchurch, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
Interested in all experiences from job application, throughout the recruitment process, to job offer, to ground school start.

KAAATE
22nd Aug 2016, 07:32
Hi! I'm currently at reference check stage for VA MEL base. I received the email notifying me that they would be checking my references almost 2 weeks ago but they still haven't been contacted. Can anyone shed some light on how long I can expect it to be before references are contacted? :)

highabove
22nd Aug 2016, 11:20
Hi all! Does anyone know why they have now advertised again for Adelaide cabin crew, would it be because there was not enough interest from the previous ad? Also any idea how long the whole process usually takes from application to start date, I've heard 3-6 month? Thanks :)

flywme
25th Aug 2016, 01:49
Hi Team, I attended an Auckland recruitment day last week and I'm waiting to hear back. Anyone else in the same boat?

manymiles
27th Aug 2016, 04:57
Hi everyone,
I have applied for Adelaide base, and attending the AD in Adelaide next Wed (31st Aug). 1pm session.

manymiles
27th Aug 2016, 05:02
Hi all! Does anyone know why they have now advertised again for Adelaide cabin crew, would it be because there was not enough interest from the previous ad? Also any idea how long the whole process usually takes from application to start date, I've heard 3-6 month? Thanks :)
Hi 'highabove'.
Not sure why Adelaide base was advertised again, could be they had too few applicants, could be they had lots and wanting to progress recruitment for this base quickly...anyone's guess!
Today they have also released roles for Sydney Base...so perhaps cranking things up a bit??
Have you applied for any of the VA base roles?In

highabove
27th Aug 2016, 07:34
Hi manymiles, I have sent you a pm. Thanks!

manymiles
27th Aug 2016, 08:02
Hi! I'm currently at reference check stage for VA MEL base. I received the email notifying me that they would be checking my references almost 2 weeks ago but they still haven't been contacted. Can anyone shed some light on how long I can expect it to be before references are contacted? :)
Hi 'KAAATE', that is awesome! Congratulations! Not sure how long, guessing they have many applicants to get through? Was the process for reference checking done by phone or email type submission direct to your refereees?

KAAATE
28th Aug 2016, 01:45
Hi 'KAAATE', that is awesome! Congratulations! Not sure how long, guessing they have many applicants to get through? Was the process for reference checking done by phone or email type submission direct to your refereees?

I received an email saying my references would be contacted by email 3 weeks ago, but none of them have received anything yet! :(

manymiles
1st Sep 2016, 05:20
:)Hi All,
Quick update from me - I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide for Virgin Australia ADELAIDE Base yesterday (31st August). Will keep you updated on my progress - successful or unsuccessful.
Anyone from the previous Recruitment Days for AKL, CHC, PER, ADL - or SYD, MEL, BNE hear anything further following their current status?
Keen to hear where everyone is currently at. :)

KAAATE
3rd Sep 2016, 02:10
:)Hi All,
Quick update from me - I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide for Virgin Australia ADELAIDE Base yesterday (31st August). Will keep you updated on my progress - successful or unsuccessful.
Anyone from the previous Recruitment Days for AKL, CHC, PER, ADL - or SYD, MEL, BNE hear anything further following their current status?
Keen to hear where everyone is currently at. :)

I've been waiting a month now for them to contact my references for MEL base. I attended a recruitment day on the 26th of July.

manymiles
4th Sep 2016, 09:54
I've been waiting a month now for them to contact my references for MEL base. I attended a recruitment day on the 26th of July.
Wow KAAATE - that's quite some time. Perhaps they are holding until they get more candidates??
Oh well - it's an interesting waiting game!
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your progress.

flywme
4th Sep 2016, 23:51
Hi everyone, I attended an Akl recruitment day. Got the email for the online test just over a week later. I got an email the following day advising my reference checks would be completed. The online reference checks were sent out the following week. One of my referees has been away hasn't been able to complete the check. Will keep you all posted.

flywme
4th Sep 2016, 23:52
KAAATE - did you log back into the careers page and make sure your referee details were updated to include their email addresses?

KAAATE
5th Sep 2016, 03:25
Wow KAAATE - that's quite some time. Perhaps they are holding until they get more candidates??
Oh well - it's an interesting waiting game!
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your progress.

Yep! I just wish they would hurry up! I'm up to security checks for Qantas international, which I applied for just before VA started advertising positions. I would prefer VA over QF but will have to take which ever offers first as I don't want to risk not getting either :(

manymiles
6th Sep 2016, 01:42
KAATE, Perhaps you should give them a call, or email them to follow up? Given there are so many applicants, there is likely to be the occasional error or mishap in processing or admin. They may have missed something by accident for your referencing checking process.

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 05:20
KAAATE - did you log back into the careers page and make sure your referee details were updated to include their email addresses?

Yep! Reference details are all updated :(

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 05:20
KAATE, Perhaps you should give them a call, or email them to follow up? Given there are so many applicants, there is likely to be the occasional error or mishap in processing or admin. They may have missed something by accident for your referencing checking process.

Yeah maybe I'll try and email them just in case.

manymiles
6th Sep 2016, 09:48
UPDATE:
Successful in progressing to the next stage of recruitment for VA ADL Base - 'Online Testing'.
Have just completed the Online Testing tonight (Tues 6th September).

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 11:37
Congrats manymiles!

I think I jinxed myself today! (In a good way) references were emailed today! Finally!!! :D
4 weeks since I was notified of references being contacted so if anyone else is thinking they have forgotten them don't stress! Easier said then done I know

morti
6th Sep 2016, 13:38
UPDATE:
Successful in progressing to the next stage of recruitment for VA ADL Base - 'Online Testing'.
Have just completed the Online Testing tonight (Tues 6th September).

Congrats! How did you find the online test! Any tips or pointers? Thanks!

manymiles
7th Sep 2016, 07:13
Thanks 'morti' and 'KAAATE'! Well done KAAATE on the update - that is exciting.
The online test was fairly straight forward, although I didn't answer all of the questions - only finished 11 out of 18.
My suggestion and advice would be to ensure you read everything fully before submitting your answers. Good luck everyone!!

morti
7th Sep 2016, 11:05
Thanks 'morti' and 'KAAATE'! Well done KAAATE on the update - that is exciting.
The online test was fairly straight forward, although I didn't answer all of the questions - only finished 11 out of 18.
My suggestion and advice would be to ensure you read everything fully before submitting your answers. Good luck everyone!!

Thanks for that! I've completed mine and answered 15 out of 18 questions - do you have any idea what the benchmark is we have to meet/ if we are likely to pass or fail given we have not answered all questions.

debbieitaly
8th Sep 2016, 04:25
Hi guys,

I applied on the 28th August for Sydney based.

Got an invitation to do a 30 second video of an elevator pitch to the recruiter.

Submitted it last Friday. No word yet. Soooooo anxious to find out.

Congrats you guys applying for Adelaide based, that's awesome that you have progressed so far

xxx

highabove
8th Sep 2016, 04:43
Hey all, just curious is there anyone else who applied around the 17th August and hasn't heard a thing?? I applied for Adelaide base and my application status is still "application acknowledgement". It's very disheartening to read on here that all these other people are hearing back or being invited to assessment days and they haven't even looked at my application yet. Do most of you already have cabin crew experience? I have customer service and hospitality experience so thought I would be in with a chance. :sad:

debbieitaly
8th Sep 2016, 05:55
Hi highabove,

I would definitely contact them. Call the virgin head office and ask for HR, tell them there seems to be a technical error with your applicant profile....that's what I believe has happened because u should have progressed passed 'application acknowledged' if others have and a lot of time has passed. You don't want technical problems causing you to miss out.

Let us know what happens....big hug, it will all work out :)

KAAATE
8th Sep 2016, 13:55
Thanks for that! I've completed mine and answered 15 out of 18 questions - do you have any idea what the benchmark is we have to meet/ if we are likely to pass or fail given we have not answered all questions.

I think I answered 11. I don't think there's really a 'benchmark'. I think they'd prefer you to answer the questions properly and correctly rather than rush through and get them all wrong :)

manymiles
10th Sep 2016, 07:54
Good advice KAAATE - yes, agreed, I think they would prefer less questions answered correctly, than more questions answered incorrectly.
At the end of the day, this test is a 'comprehension test" - the ability to understand, comprehend and interpret English language and literacy.
At the same time, I have no doubt they also have a criteria benchmark and possibly a percentage of applicant numbers they take through to next stage.
Unfortunately it's anyone's guess...and no-one has a crystal ball to understand the rationale behind each recruitment campaign.
For those that have applied, I think it's best to try to stay focussed on your normal day to day activities and continue to go about life as you normally would, as it's likely to be a long journey!
Debbieitaly, highabove - any update yet?

highabove
13th Sep 2016, 00:33
Hi all, so after almost losing hope I have now been invited to complete an elevator pitch! Yay! This is a completely new process to me but it seems I just need to be patient and wait. Can anyone confirm the process from here? I assume if they are happy with my pitch then the next step will be an assessment day? debbnieitaly, have you heard any more yet? Thanks!

flywme
13th Sep 2016, 00:38
Hi all update from me for AKL, my reference checks have been completed and I've been progressed to the swimming competency. This is a 50m swim and 3 mins treading water and needs to be signed off by a qualified lifeguard.

morti
13th Sep 2016, 01:24
Hi all, so after almost losing hope I have now been invited to complete an elevator pitch! Yay! This is a completely new process to me but it seems I just need to be patient and wait. Can anyone confirm the process from here? I assume if they are happy with my pitch then the next step will be an assessment day? debbnieitaly, have you heard any more yet? Thanks!

Congratulations highabove!

I applied online during the first cabin crew advertisement (ending on the 19th sep I think).

I received 2 emails about a week and a half later (on the same day) - the first email was telling me there had been a recent change in the recruitment process and that I would need to complete an elevator pitch within 24 hours.

The second email was inviting me to one of the 2 scheduled recruitment days. I immediately booked a place in the recruitment days and then did my elevator pitch.

I never received any feedback on my elevator pitch - but attended the recruitment day and progressed to the online test. I am yet to hear anything back and it has been a week.

KAAATE
13th Sep 2016, 01:57

Hi Highabove, do you mind if I ask what an elevator pitch is? I haven't heard of that before?

highabove
13th Sep 2016, 02:18
Hi KAAATE, it seems like it's something new they're trying as I haven't noticed anyone else (other than debbieitaly) mention it. It's a 30 second video where you basically have to sell yourself, like explain why you want the job and why you would be a good fit etc. I found it so hard to get much in within 30 seconds but I am hoping it's enough to show my enthusiasm! Maybe they want to cut back on assessment days so decided to add an extra step? Who knows but I am back to more waiting for now :) So did you apply and go straight to an assessment day?

KAAATE
13th Sep 2016, 12:15
Hi KAAATE, it seems like it's something new they're trying as I haven't noticed anyone else (other than debbieitaly) mention it. It's a 30 second video where you basically have to sell yourself, like explain why you want the job and why you would be a good fit etc. I found it so hard to get much in within 30 seconds but I am hoping it's enough to show my enthusiasm! Maybe they want to cut back on assessment days so decided to add an extra step? Who knows but I am back to more waiting for now :) So did you apply and go straight to an assessment day?

Oh wow! I'm so happy I didn't have to do that!! I suck at those things haha.. I applied probably over a year ago now but was unable to attend the original recruitment day so they kept my name on file and said they would invite me to the next one, which was July 26th I think! So I'm also still waiting.. They've checked my references, just waiting to hear back now

highabove
14th Sep 2016, 00:15
Yes, it was definitely something I have never had to do before! I keep thinking about what I should have said differently but it's all done now so nothing more I can do but hope that it was good enough. Wow so you have been waiting a while then. I hope they are planning another recruitment day for Adelaide sometime soon, or at least this year would be nice, otherwise I may be in the same boat! How exciting for you, so your next step will be medical and ASIC etc is that right?

highabove
14th Sep 2016, 00:23
Oh and Hi morti! Sorry I only just noticed you replied also! So the elevator pitch must be a new thing then. Pity I missed out on the first round of recruitment days, I really hope they have more! Please keep me updated if you hear anything further and good luck! :)

manymiles
14th Sep 2016, 05:19
Hi Everyone,

Yes I did the Elevator Pitch also, however yes I believe it is a new process VA are trialling. Shame we are the guinea pigs haha. My elevator pitch was pretty average I had about 10 attempts as couldn't get the light right on my tablet. Anyway in the end, I just submitted what I could.
I then attended the Recruitment Day. After the Recruitment Day was advised I had progressed to the online test, and I completed that about a week ago.

TODAY however I have also received an email advising I have progressed to Reference Check stage - yay!

MORTI - have you received any further update? Seems we are about the same stage. Which Recruitment Day session were you at?

KAAATE - are you still awaiting update on your Reference outcome?
HIGHABOVE - that is great news you have submitted your Elevator Pitch - good luck, and I hope you get an invite to a Recruitment Day soon!!

To everyone else - good luck with your journey, and keep us posted!

ANY NEWBIES to this forum? - Feel free to post an update. The more news/updates - the better for everyone

highabove
14th Sep 2016, 06:05
Hi Everyone,

Yes I did the Elevator Pitch also, however yes I believe it is a new process VA are trialling. Shame we are the guinea pigs haha. My elevator pitch was pretty average I had about 10 attempts as couldn't get the light right on my tablet. Anyway in the end, I just submitted what I could.
I then attended the Recruitment Day. After the Recruitment Day was advised I had progressed to the online test, and I completed that about a week ago.

TODAY however I have also received an email advising I have progressed to Reference Check stage - yay!

MORTI - have you received any further update? Seems we are about the same stage. Which Recruitment Day session were you at?

HIGHABOVE - that is great news you have submitted your Elevator Pitch - good luck, and I hope you get an invite to a Recruitment Day soon!!

ANY NEWBIES to this forum? - Feel free to post an update. The more news/updates - the better for everyone
Yay! Congrats manymiles, that's great news! :)

KAAATE
14th Sep 2016, 06:17
Hi Everyone,

I was until about an hour ago!! Finally got a call from virgin saying there is a ground school starting on October 18th, and that if all goes well with medical I should be given a spot! Words can't describe how happy I am right now!!! 😄😄😄

highabove
14th Sep 2016, 06:29
I was until about an hour ago!! Finally got a call from virgin saying there is a ground school starting on October 18th, and that if all goes well with medical I should be given a spot! Words can't describe how happy I am right now!!! ������
That's awesome KAAATE! Definitely sounds promising then! :) I recall you mentioning you wanted VA over QF, just purely out of curiosity... do you mind if I ask why this is the case?

KAAATE
14th Sep 2016, 06:58
That's awesome KAAATE! Definitely sounds promising then! :) I recall you mentioning you wanted VA over QF, just purely out of curiosity... do you mind if I ask why this is the case?

I've flown domestically for QF in the past so just wanted a change. They are still a great company to work for and would definitely recommend anyone apply if they get the chance, but I like the career progression opportunities VA offer. In my opinion QF aren't really all that supportive when it comes to career progression. Admittedly I was a MAM casual so I think we were treated a lot differently to the Qantas employees, which was another reason I left. Being QD or QCCA may have been different. :)

highabove
14th Sep 2016, 07:47
I've flown domestically for QF in the past so just wanted a change. They are still a great company to work for and would definitely recommend anyone apply if they get the chance, but I like the career progression opportunities VA offer. In my opinion QF aren't really all that supportive when it comes to career progression. Admittedly I was a MAM casual so I think we were treated a lot differently to the Qantas employees, which was another reason I left. Being QD or QCCA may have been different. :)
Well that's fair enough then, thanks for your opinion :) Yes I think VA seem to have very good progression opportunities. That's what appeals to me too and the fact VA are full-time positions. Anyway I still have a long way to go so keeping fingers crossed!

manymiles
14th Sep 2016, 09:57
KAAATE - That is so awesome!!! Congratulations - woohoo! Oh I am so happy for you! Did they say the Ground School will be in Melbourne? The reason I ask - when I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide, they mentioned they weren't sure where our training (Adelaide base) would be. They said it could even be Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. So I'm just wondering if maybe they are pulling a few bases together for one Ground School.
WOW - that is fantastic KAATE. Well done. You must be ecstatic!
When are you expecting to receive your medical information?
Congrats again!!

manymiles
14th Sep 2016, 10:17
Hi Everyone,
Just letting you know I've amended the Thread Title.
Have abbreviated Virgin Australia to VA, and also added SYD & MEL in the title.
It's the same thread, just a change of title to pick up all the MEL & SYD candidates that are interested in adding to the thread. It was always open to everyone, however wasn't reflected in the thread title. This has now been changed to reflect that.
It may take a while to show up - needs to be approved by the Moderator I think!? :ok:

KAAATE
14th Sep 2016, 15:37
KAAATE - That is so awesome!!! Congratulations - woohoo! Oh I am so happy for you! Did they say the Ground School will be in Melbourne? The reason I ask - when I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide, they mentioned they weren't sure where our training (Adelaide base) would be. They said it could even be Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. So I'm just wondering if maybe they are pulling a few bases together for one Ground School.
WOW - that is fantastic KAATE. Well done. You must be ecstatic!
When are you expecting to receive your medical information?
Congrats again!!

Thankyou manymiles! I am so happy that all this waiting has finally paid off! I have booked my medical for Tuesday so fingers crossed all goes well :)

They didn't mention on the phone where the ground school would be, but I did ask that question at my assessment day and they did say it would be in Melbourne. Just like anything in this industry though it could change! I will definitely keep you all updated :D

flywme
14th Sep 2016, 22:17
Thankyou manymiles! I am so happy that all this waiting has finally paid off! I have booked my medical for Tuesday so fingers crossed all goes well :)

They didn't mention on the phone where the ground school would be, but I did ask that question at my assessment day and they did say it would be in Melbourne. Just like anything in this industry though it could change! I will definitely keep you all updated :D
Congrats KAAATE!
Did you get the call for medical then ground school after reference check stage?
I've applied for Auckland base and the next step after reference checks was an email to complete the swimming assessment (they said the process has recently changed to swimming before medical and ground school). So Virgin phoned you to let you know you were through to this stage? I've submitted my swimming certificate so now waiting to hopefully be progressed to the next stage. I'm interested to know what the medical will involve.

kristina
14th Sep 2016, 23:11
Hi everyone! Just created a profile as I've been silently stalking this thread for a while and thought it would be helpful for anyone in NZ to know what the recruitment process has been like! I applied in March this year and am attending Ground School on 10 Oct! So next month:-) the whole process involved: recruitment day, online comprehension test, references, swimming test, medical and then ground school confirmation :) has been a long process but worth it! We just found out last week that our ground school would be on 10 October, anyone here going to be attending this Ground School also? Apparently it's Auckland and Christchurch combined!! :-) good luck all!!

KAAATE
14th Sep 2016, 23:29
Congrats KAAATE!
Did you get the call for medical then ground school after reference check stage?
I've applied for Auckland base and the next step after reference checks was an email to complete the swimming assessment (they said the process has recently changed to swimming before medical and ground school). So Virgin phoned you to let you know you were through to this stage? I've submitted my swimming certificate so now waiting to hopefully be progressed to the next stage. I'm interested to know what the medical will involve.

Thankyou flywme :)

So I received a phone call yesterday and they basically said there's a ground school starting on the 18th of October, so we're going to send through the emails for you to do your swimming competency and medical checks.

My references were contacted about a week ago, maybe just over. :)

flywme
15th Sep 2016, 03:00
Oh exciting ground school is soob for you!

I've got a dilemma now. I had applied for Qantas (Jetconnect in NZ) and they've just phoned to offer ground school starting on 11 October (pending a medical test). I haven't heard back from Virgin still, I'm wondering what to do. Should I say yes to Qantas and wait and see what happens with Virgin, I don't want to miss out completely but am leaning towards Virgin.
Qantas Jetconnect is flying just NZ to Australia, Virgin from AKL to Aus and the islands.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
I suppose until I've signed a contract nothing is a done deal.
Thanks!

KAAATE
15th Sep 2016, 11:58
Oh exciting ground school is soob for you!

I've got a dilemma now. I had applied for Qantas (Jetconnect in NZ) and they've just phoned to offer ground school starting on 11 October (pending a medical test). I haven't heard back from Virgin still, I'm wondering what to do. Should I say yes to Qantas and wait and see what happens with Virgin, I don't want to miss out completely but am leaning towards Virgin.
Qantas Jetconnect is flying just NZ to Australia, Virgin from AKL to Aus and the islands.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
I suppose until I've signed a contract nothing is a done deal.
Thanks!

I was in a similar situation having applied for QCCA (Qantas international) and virgin. Virgin was always my preference but at the same time if Qantas offered me a position first I would have taken it and just waited for virgin to get back to me, and then would have decided what I wanted to do. If you don't want to risk missing out all together I would accept Qantas' offer and wait and see what virgin says. You can always quit ground school part way through if you find you really wold prefer a position with virgin.

manymiles
15th Sep 2016, 12:21
Hi All,
My references have now been completed and today I received an email confirming I've progressed to the next stage which is swimming competency test. It seems a couple of GS are starting within a month. That is fantastic. I hope the recruitment campaign moves quickly for everyone.

highabove
16th Sep 2016, 00:08
Hi All,
My references have now been completed and today I received an email confirming I've progressed to the next stage which is swimming competency test. It seems a couple of GS are starting within a month. That is fantastic. I hope the recruitment campaign moves quickly for everyone.
Great news manymiles! How exciting, on the homes stretch now! Have they said anymore about where GS will be?

LozC
16th Sep 2016, 00:19
Hi All,
Hi Manymiles! Congrats! I've just recently come on here. I attended the Recruitment Day on August 30 in Adelaide and have pretty much went through the exact same process as you. I am at reference check stage and only one of my referees have completed the reference. I changed one of them on Wednesday night, as my current manager has managed me just under 6 months and I was worried as I know they wanted it to be at least 6 months. The new referee I put down hasn't recieved the email yet... I hope I hear soon as I'd love to start a GS soon as my current contract is finishing very soon!! Do you think they will chase up the 2nd reference soon?

aueb
16th Sep 2016, 01:06
SYD ground school starts October 11

manymiles
18th Sep 2016, 21:50
Hi everyone,
Great updates and news from some and looks like things are progressing well. Congratulations to everyone on your success so far!
Update from me - I've been offered a place in GS starting 18th October (subject to medical clearance).
I'm very happy and extremely grateful. I am however keeping a lid on my excitement until I get the full green light.
Going for my medical this morning.
Will keep you posted.

manymiles
18th Sep 2016, 21:54
Hi Manymiles! Congrats! I've just recently come on here. I attended the Recruitment Day on August 30 in Adelaide and have pretty much went through the exact same process as you. I am at reference check stage and only one of my referees have completed the reference. I changed one of them on Wednesday night, as my current manager has managed me just under 6 months and I was worried as I know they wanted it to be at least 6 months. The new referee I put down hasn't recieved the email yet... I hope I hear soon as I'd love to start a GS soon as my current contract is finishing very soon!! Do you think they will chase up the 2nd reference soon?
Hi Lo zC,
Great news you have progressed so far. Congratulations! Has your second reference been contacted yet? Hopefully you have good news??

LozC
19th Sep 2016, 05:35
Hi Lo zC,
Great news you have progressed so far. Congratulations! Has your second reference been contacted yet? Hopefully you have good news??

Hi manymiles! That's so exciting you have been contacted about GS on October 18. My second reference has been completed (on Friday) but I am still waiting to hear an update.... :( I hope I hear something soon. Did you hear there may be more than one GS for Adelaide? Do you know where your GS will be held?

highabove
21st Sep 2016, 01:04
Hey everyone! I've noticed VA have now included MEL and SYD in their ad again so must be plenty of positions available in those locations. I haven't heard anymore after submitting my elevator pitch just over a week ago. Would be nice to know if they even plan on holding more recruitment days for Adelaide this year or not but I'm worried if I email them again that it will look bad... any thoughts?

flywme
21st Sep 2016, 01:31
Thanks Kaaate I have ended up accepting the conditional offer with Qantas/Jetconnect with ground school starting on October 11 subject to medical which I'm doing next week. Quite a bit to sort in a short time frame, they gave me just under four weeks notice.
I haven't heard back from Virgin in the mean time, they last emailed that I'm on the recruitment waitlist pending final review and once they have confirmation of future training schools they will be in contact.
The costs to sort the qantas medicals would probably put me off heading to virgin if they do contact me soon, already $240 for bloods with audiogram and the medical itself to go which is looking like another $500 minimum. Anyway I'll wait and see :)

manymiles
21st Sep 2016, 21:01
Hi Everyone,
Received the 'Golden Call' yesterday.
Start date 17th October with Ground School starting 18th October in Melbourne. I'm ecstatic! :)
Hoping to hear more good news from more of you soon! :ok:
For those that are still waiting, stay focussed and remain positive. You will get there in the end, and if not - there will be other opportunities!

KAAATE
22nd Sep 2016, 01:44
Manymiles that's so exciting!!!! Congratulations! Hopefully I get one soon ��

LozC
22nd Sep 2016, 01:48
Manymiles that's so exciting!!!! Hopefully I get one soon 😄

Manymiles that's so exciting congratulations! I am still waiting for the next stage, my reference checks were completed last week. KAAATE are you Melbourne base or Adelaide base?

KAAATE
22nd Sep 2016, 03:03
Hi Everyone,
Received the 'Golden Call' yesterday.
Start date 17th October with Ground School starting 18th October in Melbourne. I'm ecstatic! :)
Hoping to hear more good news from more of you soon! :ok:
For those that are still waiting, stay focussed and remain positive. You will get there in the end, and if not - there will be other opportunities!
Can I ask what happens on the 17th if GS starts in the 18th? Is that just when you fly over from Adelaide?

manymiles
22nd Sep 2016, 20:03
Thank you!
Hey KAAATE,
The 17th is a 'familiarisation' session in Adelaide. Guessing the Melbourne Crew will do one also??
Have you heard more following your medical?
Any updates from anyone else?

KAAATE
23rd Sep 2016, 00:14
Manymiles that's so exciting congratulations! I am still waiting for the next stage, my reference checks were completed last week. KAAATE are you Melbourne base or Adelaide base?
I'm Melbourne based :)

KAAATE
23rd Sep 2016, 00:16
Thank you!
Hey KAAATE,
The 17th is a 'familiarisation' session in Adelaide. Guessing the Melbourne Crew will do one also??
Have you heard more following your medical?
Any updates from anyone else?
Ohhh ok! Nope, nothing yet :( hopefully today is the day! I don't want to have to wait til next week :(

jb101
23rd Sep 2016, 05:05
Hi manymiles!

I had my interview on the 31st of August too 😊

Currently at the references stage however VA accidentally sent my reference emails to the wrong email addresses not my updated references! I'm so worried this little set back means I won't get a spot in ground school 😔

I have emailed them to try and get the reference checks re-issued but they haven't got back to me yet! Do you know a better way to get in contact with them?

Jaydeygm
23rd Sep 2016, 05:30
Ohhh ok! Nope, nothing yet :( hopefully today is the day! I don't want to have to wait til next week :(

Hey KAAATE, Do you know if the salary increases each year you're with the company ?

KAAATE
23rd Sep 2016, 08:03
Hey KAAATE, Do you know if the salary increases each year you're with the company ?
Yep it sure does! It increases every year for 9 years for Flight Attendants and every year for 11 years if you become a Cabin Supervisor

Pattycloud
23rd Sep 2016, 09:21
Hello guys! I just want to ask who else applied for SYD based domestic/SH? Any idea on what's next after doing the "Elevator Pitch"? Thank you! :)

Lachlan.Turner
23rd Sep 2016, 10:40
Hello guys! I just want to ask who else applied for SYD based domestic/SH? Any idea on what's next after doing the "Elevator Pitch"? Thank you! :)
Assuming they like your short video you will be invited to an assessment day whenever they are scheduled next Pattycloud.

manymiles
23rd Sep 2016, 12:01
Hi manymiles!

Currently at the references stage however VA accidentally sent my reference emails to the wrong email addresses not my updated references! I'm so worried this little set back means I won't get a spot in ground school 😔

I have emailed them to try and get the reference checks re-issued but they haven't got back to me yet! Do you know a better way to get in contact with them?

Hi Jb101.
That's a shame they sent the refs to the incorrect email address - how frustrating for you. I don't have any contact numbers unfortunately. Perhaps send them a follow up email and see if they reply. The good news is that when the refs are emailed, the process is quite quick if your refs respond quickly. It is still 3 weeks away from ground school, so a fair bit of time still. Stay focussed and positive. Do they now have your correct ref details?

manymiles
23rd Sep 2016, 12:10
Hi pattycloud.
Welcome to the forum! Great to have someone join from the Sydney based applicants.
As some of the others have mentioned - if they like your elevator pitch they will then invite you to an assessment day in Sydney. This will be a day where many applicants will attend (could be up to 100 people), and it's a mix of group activities and potential one on one interview, and also some information about Virgin Australia and the role.
My advise is to focus on one step at a time (ie the elevator pitch, or whatever stage you are up to), and do the absolute best you can for that stage of the process. Take each step at a time, and expect it to take time!! Good luck! Keep us posted.

Pattycloud
23rd Sep 2016, 13:12
@lachlan - thank you for the info!

@manymiles - got it! Thank you so much. Hopefully I can get through it as I really want this.

KAAATE
26th Sep 2016, 01:21
I was officially offered a position today! Starting groundschool in mebourne on the 18th of October! See you there manymiles :D good luck everyone! Hopefully I'll see more of you there aswell :)

manymiles
26th Sep 2016, 10:18
KAAATE - that is so awesome. Congratulations! I am so looking forward to sharing the next phase of the journey with you, and doing the Ground School together.
Wooohoooo! a massie congrats! :D

manymiles
26th Sep 2016, 10:20
Manymiles that's so exciting!!!! Congratulations! Hopefully I get one soon ��
Thank you KAATE.
Great that you've now had that golden call too. A massive congratulations!

KAAATE
26th Sep 2016, 11:36
Thankyou!! See you on the 18th! ;)

dare2dream
27th Sep 2016, 05:08
Hi everyone! Just joined I was googling Virgin recruitments and have been following ever since! Lol I just finished taking part in the recruitment day here in Auckland last Wednesday and am still waiting to see whether they'll be progressing with my application or not. I must say that wait is so painful! LOL How long do they generally take to let you know after recruitment day? I will be posting my progress successful or not -so glad there are others in the same boat I see!

Goodluck to everyone who's applied for roles :)

KAAATE
28th Sep 2016, 01:51
Welcome dare2dream! I received an email the day after my assessment day to say I had progressed. But in saying that I don't think it's normal to hear back that quickly I was just lucky! Good luck!

LozC
28th Sep 2016, 02:41
Hi everyone! Just joined I was googling Virgin recruitments and have been following ever since! Lol I just finished taking part in the recruitment day here in Auckland last Wednesday and am still waiting to see whether they'll be progressing with my application or not. I must say that wait is so painful! LOL How long do they generally take to let you know after recruitment day? I will be posting my progress successful or not -so glad there are others in the same boat I see!

Hi dare2dream, I recieved an email to say I progressed to next stage (Adelaide base) a week after the assessment day. At the moment I'm waiting to progress past reference check to the medical. It's been nearly 2 weeks now. Good luck I hope you hear some good news soon.

BrookeIsabelle
28th Sep 2016, 02:57
Hi beautiful people

I do sincerely apologise for coming to this thread a little later, however I have a bit of a question. And I am kind of assuming that because you guys have made it through the recruitment process, you'd just be able to please clarify something for me.

Current applications are open until the 9th of October (I'm assuming for a different round to you guys) and I am so willing and ready to become a FA for VA that I want to perfect my resume, because I'm actually worried that there's going to be so many applicants that mine could get overlooked.

Is there any kind of tips anyone could give for the resume or cover letters? I have finished both but I just want to perfect it so my application doesn't get overlooked. If anyone can give advice, I will genuinely be SO over the moon grateful!

For the cover letter, I have:

-Brief summary of why I applied
-Highlights of what I can bring to the role
-Why I wish to work for VA
-Summary of why I can make a great FA and what my focus on the job would be
-Closing (i.e "attached my resume and please do not hesitate to contact me" etc)

For the resume, I have:

-Name, then contact details
-Summary. Three quick sentences about the type of person I am
-Employment experience. Going through the years, job titles and roles that have made up 8+ years of customer service experience
-Education. High school + Diploma of Tourism
-General skills. This is where I came up with 7 skills that I believe kind of mirrored what they want in the job applicants- strong interpersonal skills, adaptability to change, can work effectively and remain calm under pressure, able to work in a team etc.
-References

I can't help but think there is something I may have done wrong, or something I can put in there. I have just wanted to become a FA for so long and I am so keen that I'm just want to perfect this stage so I can make it to the assessment day as a great candidate.

I really thank you in advance for your time. I'd like to think that what I've got on my resume is great for someone of my age, and if I'm lucky, maybe somewhere down the track I might be working with some of you :)

Thank you

dare2dream
28th Sep 2016, 05:06
Your so lucky you didnt have to wait! Im so anxious to know what the outcome is. LOL next would be the online testing right?

dare2dream
28th Sep 2016, 20:18
Hi LozC! My interview was last week Wednesday and they advised they would contact me back within 7 days to advise whether I progressed or not. I'm not too sure if they meant 7 Calender Days or 7 Business days which means tomorrow at the latest. LOL I hope to hear some good news I HOPE. Lol Our recruitment day had only 16 of us max I think but there were 4 sessions. Ive been to some Recruitment days that consisted of 40+ people - ths one seemd a little smaller. Good luck on your reference stage!! Wishing you all the best :)

manymiles
28th Sep 2016, 21:58
Hi manymiles!

Hi Jb101,
Any further update yet?

manymiles
28th Sep 2016, 22:04

Hi dare2dream.
Welcome to the forum. The time depends on many things - how many bases they are advertising for, number of people applying, HR resources within VA at the specific time, each individual application and each step of the process (ie; score system on each step of each individual's recruitment process), and many other things. Some applicants will hear earlier than others. It is pointless putting a time on anything and measuring it from someone else's success, as each person's process and timing could vary dramatically. My advice is try not to focus on the outcome or timing of things too much, as it is likely to do your head in!! Stay positive - without attachment to the outcome!

manymiles
28th Sep 2016, 22:09
Hi beautiful people

I do sincerely apologise for coming to this thread a little later, however I have a bit of a question. And I am kind of assuming that because you guys have made it through the recruitment process, you'd just be able to please clarify something for me.

Current applications are open until the 9th of October (I'm assuming for a different round to you guys) and I am so willing and ready to become a FA for VA that I want to perfect my resume, because I'm actually worried that there's going to be so many applicants that mine could get overlooked.

Is there any kind of tips anyone could give for the resume or cover letters? I have finished both but I just want to perfect it so my application doesn't get overlooked. If anyone can give advice, I will genuinely be SO over the moon grateful!

-Closing (i.e "attached my resume and please do not hesitate to contact me" etc)

For the resume, I have:

-Employment experience. Going through the years, job titles and roles that have made up 8+ years of customer service experience
-General skills. This is where I came up with 7 skills that I believe kind of mirrored what they want in the job applicants- strong interpersonal skills, adaptability to change, can work effectively and remain calm under pressure, able to work in a team etc.
-References

I can't help but think there is something I may have done wrong, or something I can put in there. I have just wanted to become a FA for so long and I am so keen that I'm just want to perfect this stage so I can make it to the assessment day as a great candidate.

I really thank you in advance for your time. I'd like to think that what I've got on my resume is great for someone of my age, and if I'm lucky, maybe somewhere down the track I might be working with some of you :)

Thank you
Hi BrookeIsabelle,
Welcome to the forum.
The most important thing is to keep your CV short and specific to the role (3 pages absolute max). The recruiters do not have time to read lengthy resumes, and the ones that are too detailed and long, they are likely to put aside and focus on shorter more specific ones. Delete the References from your CV, you won't need them until later in the process, and this takes up room on your CV - which they won't look at.
Include any customer service experience you have had, and how you deal with customers.
Feel free to send me a PM if you want more advice.
Good luck!

BrookeIsabelle
29th Sep 2016, 04:06
Hi BrookeIsabelle,
Welcome to the forum.
The most important thing is to keep your CV short and specific to the role (3 pages absolute max). The recruiters do not have time to read lengthy resumes, and the ones that are too detailed and long, they are likely to put aside and focus on shorter more specific ones. Delete the References from your CV, you won't need them until later in the process, and this takes up room on your CV - which they won't look at.
Include any customer service experience you have had, and how you deal with customers.
Feel free to send me a PM if you want more advise.
Good luck!

Thank you so much Manymiles! I didn't think about getting rid of the references part and it makes sense. It'll give me more room for more detail about my customer service roles.

Thanks so much

KAAATE
1st Oct 2016, 14:07
Hi beautiful people

For the resume, I have:

-References

Thank you
Hi BrookeIsabelle! Everything you have on there already sounds great but personally I wouldn't focus my cover letter too much on the role your applying for, but more on the roles and experience you have already had. They are looking for customer service professionals and at the end of the day that is what they will be looking out for most! Definitely talk about whatever customer service experience you have and what you enjoy about working in customer service based roles :) good luck!

BrookeIsabelle
2nd Oct 2016, 11:16
Thanks so much Kaaate! That's some good advice.

samandtam
3rd Oct 2016, 06:52
I am just about to do the 30 second video after sending in my C.V
Does anyone know whether its better to work for Air NZ or virgin australia? Who would you work for if you had the choice? Also I am the sole parent of the family and am a bit worried about the pay scale as I have a mortgage to pay. I was a flight attendant before having my children but there were two of us earning
Would love your thoughts thanks

jb101
3rd Oct 2016, 07:18
Hi manymiles!

I managed to get through to speak to someone at Brisbane Head Office and they re-sent my reference emails so my references have been completed and I received an email to say that I have been successful through to the medical stage however they are unsure of a start date for a ground school so I have been placed on a wait list to complete my medical pending a date for the next ground school!

So it seems your ground school in Melbourne is full (I know they said at our interview they were doing a big recruit for ADL) so I have my fingers crossed it won't be too long until they do another one 😊

Enjoy your training it's so much fun!!!

Is anyone else on this forum on the wait list too?

Thanks

jb101
3rd Oct 2016, 07:21
Hi KAAATE!!

Was just reading your posts and noticed you're in the same ground school as people applying for adelaide base! Just wondering are you adelaide based too?

I'm trying to figure out if VA are combining bases for ground schools 😊

Thanks

KAAATE
3rd Oct 2016, 14:00
Hi KAAATE!!

Was just reading your posts and noticed you're in the same ground school as people applying for adelaide base! Just wondering are you adelaide based too?

I'm trying to figure out if VA are combining bases for ground schools 😊

Thanks

Hi Jb101!
I am Melbourne base :) the ground school starting in melbourne on the 18th is a combination of ADL and MEL base :)

jb101
4th Oct 2016, 05:44
Hey everyone!!

I just got the Golden Call 😊 I will be attending the ground school in Melbourne starting the 18th (see you there KAAATE and manymiles 😊)

Just incase anyone was wondering this is my timeline for my application process!

Applied online - 18th August 2016
Elevator Pitch - 25th August 2016
Interview Offer - 25th August 2016
Interview - 31st August 2016
Online reading and comprehension test - 6th September 2016
References - 14th September 2016
References re-issued - 28th September 2016
Progressed to medical/waitlist for GS - 30th September 2016
Golden Call/GS offer pending medical - 4th October 2016

Good luck to everyone out there still waiting!

Thanks

KAAATE
4th Oct 2016, 08:24
Hello everyone :) ,
Congrats kaaate and manymiles! You have crossed your finished line and now waiting for that amazing journeys :) . I wish I could be in the same boat.
I have applied for VA ADL base a while ago and just got a reply back to do a 30 seconds pitch video . I have put off doing the video because I wanted SYD base instead . I looked up on VA website and they are recruiting SYD as well right now . When I applied for that , it would say I already submitted my application ( ADL) - and current status is video interview . Do I just finish the pitch video first and then sending them an email to change my base ? I noticed there is an option for the base you would prefer when clicking on the video interview . I am trying to log onto the application and change the base but it would not allow me to . If anyone has any tips or advice about this please feel free to share , I am really grateful for any info . I have applied for QF as well but the process is so lengthy so I thought I would give VA. shot because both of the companies are great to work for and I always dream of becoming a cabin crew . Is anyone in the same boat ? Thanks for reading

Hi Kevinsmiley.. if I were you I would do your elevator pitch then send them an email requesting to change your base :) goodluck!

KAAATE
4th Oct 2016, 08:26
Hey everyone!!

I just got the Golden Call 😊 I will be attending the ground school in Melbourne starting the 18th (see you there KAAATE and manymiles 😊)

Just incase anyone was wondering this is my timeline for my application process!

Thanks

Yayyyyyy!!!! How exciting for us all XD I can't wait to meet everyone! I don't know if either of you have flown before but although training is very full on it's also so much fun!!! Can't wait :)

Alexis2289
4th Oct 2016, 08:50
Congrats to all those who have been successful....exciting times!! I submitted my elevator interview 4 days ago for Adl base, just wondering if successful what the next step is? And approx how long did it take to hear if you were successful? Thanks everyone 😊

manymiles
4th Oct 2016, 09:16
Hello everyone :) ,
Congrats kaaate and manymiles! You have crossed your finished line and now waiting for that amazing journeys :) . I wish I could be in the same boat.
I have applied for VA ADL base a while ago and just got a reply back to do a 30 seconds pitch video . I have put off doing the video because I wanted SYD base instead . I looked up on VA website and they are recruiting SYD as well right now . When I applied for that , it would say I already submitted my application ( ADL) - and current status is video interview . Do I just finish the pitch video first and then sending them an email to change my base ? I noticed there is an option for the base you would prefer when clicking on the video interview . I am trying to log onto the application and change the base but it would not allow me to . If anyone has any tips or advice about this please feel free to share , I am really grateful for any info . I have applied for QF as well but the process is so lengthy so I thought I would give VA. shot because both of the companies are great to work for and I always dream of becoming a cabin crew . Is anyone in the same boat ? Thanks for reading
Hi kevinsmiley.
Thank you, and welcome to the VA Forum!
First of all, with VA, candidates can only apply for ONE base. If you apply for more than one base, VA Recruitment will send you an email to ask to you decide which base you want to apply for, and ask you to delete the other one.

If you apply for one base, it is unlikely they will transfer you once you have applied, as they have very strict guidelines on transfers. Generally once someone is successfully recruited for a base, they cannot transfer to another base for 12 months from their commencement date.
The local leaders are involved in each recruitment day, so they only want people applying for that base, if they are extremely keen to work from that base, or relocate to it.
VA can transfer people to other bases to meet their own operational requirements, however it is quite unusual for a person to apply for a base, then be successfully transferred to another base.
Personally, I would recommend you apply for Sydney, however in the cover letter advise you have applied for ADL base, and you have reached Elevator Pitch, and you are hoping this can be favourable in your application to assist with your recruitment process for Sydney base. I would hate for you to get all the way down the process for ADL, then think you can easily transfer, and then this be declined, then potentially the Syd base roles could be closed in the interim.
If Sydney base is currently on offer, and that if your preference, then I recommend you go for it, as these don't come up very often!!
Good luck!

manymiles
4th Oct 2016, 09:20
Hey everyone!!

Thanks
Hey jb101,
That is awesome news! Congratulations!
When is your medical?
Look forward to meeting you, and being training buddies together!

manymiles
4th Oct 2016, 09:26
Congrats to all those who have been successful....exciting times!! I submitted my elevator interview 4 days ago for Adl base, just wondering if successful what the next step is? And approx how long did it take to hear if you were successful? Thanks everyone ��
Hi Alexis2289.
Welcome to the forum!
If your Elevator Pitch is successful, they will invite you to a Recruitment Day - in Adelaide, if this is the base you are applying for.
It is challenging to put a timeframe on things, you could hear within a day, or it may take a month. There are many factors involved with the process. Given VA are currently recruiting for multiple bases, my guess is it will be a longer timeframe, as opposed to a shorter one. However it is anyone's guess.
Unfortunately it is a very big (and often frustrating) waiting game!!
Good luck. Keep us posted!!!

manymiles
4th Oct 2016, 09:30
Hi dare2dream, I recieved an email to say I progressed to next stage (Adelaide base) a week after the assessment day. At the moment I'm waiting to progress past reference check to the medical. It's been nearly 2 weeks now. Good luck I hope you hear some good news soon.
Hi Dare2Dream and LozC.
Any update from either of you yet?
Hope you have good news!!? :):)

BrookeIsabelle
5th Oct 2016, 04:03
Hey guys

Pressing question. I submitted my elevator pitch on Sunday and got another email on Tuesday asking for one.

Has anyone had this? I am hoping it's a glitch in the system as I remember the webpage saying I'd uploaded it successfully. I sent them an email and haven't heard a response Just a little anxious omg!

:)
Brooke

BrookeIsabelle
5th Oct 2016, 10:35
Update: Just heard back from VA. Made it through to AD.

Aww yay!

Ayana
5th Oct 2016, 11:15
Hey guys

Pressing question. I submitted my elevator pitch on Sunday and got another email on Tuesday asking for one.

Has anyone had this? I am hoping it's a glitch in the system as I remember the webpage saying I'd uploaded it successfully. I sent them an email and haven't heard a response Just a little anxious omg!

:)
Brooke

Hi Brooke :)

I submitted my initial elavator pitch on Thursday last week. The page said it had uploaded successfully however by Monday morning I hadn't heard anything and I had a funny feeling it wasn't received, so I uploaded it again for a second time. I then had a email from VA a few short hours later inviting me to an assessment day next week. So it might pay to upload it again if you aren't too sure. Better to have it go through twice than not at all 😊

Alexis2289
5th Oct 2016, 21:18
I was the same girls....I uploaded my 30 second elevator pitch on Saturday but haven't heard anything...I reuploaded this morning just in case. Fingers crossed that works. Or it could be I'm just being impatient haha. Good luck girls :)

Ayana
6th Oct 2016, 01:47
Hi All, is anyone heading to BNE RD next Wednesday?

Pattycloud
6th Oct 2016, 04:37
Anyone here who's been invited to a SYD AD? 🙂

BrookeIsabelle
6th Oct 2016, 05:22
Heh beautiful people

Im on my phone and cant access the latest posts. Im headjng to assessment day tomorrow! I was 1 hour into a 14 hour road trip to Melbourne and got the call. At the airport now to flh down. Going to study this thread so much haha.

Apologies for poor punctuation. This keyboard is a tad annoying.

Ayana
7th Oct 2016, 07:58
Heh beautiful people

Im on my phone and cant access the latest posts. Im headjng to assessment day tomorrow! I was 1 hour into a 14 hour road trip to Melbourne and got the call. At the airport now to flh down. Going to study this thread so much haha.

Apologies for poor punctuation. This keyboard is a tad annoying.

How did you go Brooke? Hope all went well for you!

BrookeIsabelle
8th Oct 2016, 08:02
How did you go Brooke? Hope all went well for you!

Hey Ayana! I got an email that afternoon saying they were making plans to contact my references that afternoon. Aww I am so happy!

Have you had your assessment day yet?

Ayana
8th Oct 2016, 13:16
Hey Ayana! I got an email that afternoon saying they were making plans to contact my references that afternoon. Aww I am so happy!

Have you had your assessment day yet?

Oh that's awesome news - well done to you! You must have made a great impression. And great to hear they notified you so quickly.

My assessment day is on Wednesday 😁

Were there many people at yours?

BrookeIsabelle
9th Oct 2016, 01:36
Oh that's awesome news - well done to you! You must have made a great impression. And great to hear they notified you so quickly.

Aw thank your Ayana! I am just soooo happy.
We only had 6 people at ours. However this was apparently a last minute assessment day. I got the call just the day before and took a risk and sent myself on the last flight out to Melbourne from where I am!

Good luck!!! Just prepare yourself well. I'm assuming you already have done so anyway because you're here!

manymiles
9th Oct 2016, 06:20
:D Hey Brooke,
Congratulations on your progress so far - that is awesome news! Only 6 at your recruitment day, WOW - lucky you!! Thinking perhaps they were wanting to get a last RD for Melbourne in before Ground School starting on Oct 18?
Anyway - that is absolutely brilliant!
Have they asked you to do a medical yet?
Well done on jumping on things so quickly. That's what it's all about! Get onto your references, and ask them to respond quickly. Urgency, and showing how committed you are is a big factor in the success of getting through. Let's hope we are Ground School buddies together.
Let us know when you have more good news!!
All the best of luck in the next stage! :ok:

manymiles
9th Oct 2016, 06:24

Hi Ayana,
Well done on getting through to your RD on Wednesday?
This is in Brisbane - correct?
All the best of luck. Shine like a star! :)
Let us know how you go.

Ayana
9th Oct 2016, 07:52
Hi Ayana,
Well done on getting through to your RD on Wednesday?
This is in Brisbane - correct?
All the best of luck. Shine like a star! :)
Let us know how you go.

Thanks so much ManyMiles 😊

Yes it's in Brisbane for Brisbane base. Quite exciting really, just hope the nerves don't kick in too much. I'll be sure to update you on how I felt I went afterwards and if I progress to the next stage.

Can I ask a question re the group activities? Did you sit back and listen more than you spoke? It's interesting to read the different personality styles the different airlines use. I've heard Etihad and Qartar look for more subdued, and Qantas etc look for more contribution and assertiveness.

I'm just going to be myself and do what feels natural at the time, I'm just asking out of interest because people/personalities are fascinating to me 😊😊

BrookeIsabelle
10th Oct 2016, 01:37
:D Hey Brooke,
Congratulations on your progress so far - that is awesome news! Only 6 at your recruitment day, WOW - lucky you!! Thinking perhaps they were wanting to get a last RD for Melbourne in before Ground School starting on Oct 18?
Anyway - that is absolutely brilliant!
Have they asked you to do a medical yet?
Well done on jumping on things so quickly. That's what it's all about! Get onto your references, and ask them to respond quickly. Urgency, and showing how committed you are is a big factor in the success of getting through. Let's hope we are Ground School buddies together.
Let us know when you have more good news!!
All the best of luck in the next stage! :ok:

Thanks so much Manymiles!! I am sooo happy. Both my references responsed over the weekend so if I am lucky I truly wish I can get the medical done this week, head home and move to Melbourne in a rush to make ground school on the 18th! That would be so awesome if we could be ground school buddies!!

I think I may give the recruitment team a call today, just to let them know both of my references have apparently responded? The sooner I can get a medical done the sooner I can return home and pack and hopefully make it to GS on the 18th!

BrookeIsabelle
10th Oct 2016, 01:40

Yes it's in Brisbane for Brisbane base. Quite exciting really, just hope the nerves don't kick in too much. I'll be sure to update you on how I felt I went afterwards and if I progress to the next stage.

Can I ask a question re the group activities? Did you sit back and listen more than you spoke? It's interesting to read the different personality styles the different airlines use. I've heard Etihad and Qartar look for more subdued, and Qantas etc look for more contribution and assertiveness.

I'm just going to be myself and do what feels natural at the time, I'm just asking out of interest because people/personalities are fascinating to me 😊😊

That's really interesting re. what each of those airlines prefer.

I truly wish I could give advice to you myself regarding group activities. But we had a partner activity instead of a group activity because our recruitment day was so small.

But I definitely wish you so much luck! (Not that you'll probably need it ;)). Sending good vibes your way :)

BrookeIsabelle
10th Oct 2016, 01:44
I obviously knew you were asking manymiles but just letting you know why I posted and didn't answer in the meantime :)

KAAATE
10th Oct 2016, 04:47

Honestly it's so hard to tell what they're looking for. I was just myself and tried not to think about it too much. I've now been through the process for virgin and Qantas and was successful on both occasions. Just be friendly, considerate of others and do whatever comes natural to you and you'll be fine!

KAAATE
11th Oct 2016, 05:38
Hi there, does anyone know what the salary is?

Base pay for first year is about $40,000, it goes up every year after that for 9 years.

Mn64
11th Oct 2016, 05:58
Base pay for first year is about $40,000, it goes up every year after that for 9 years.
Thanks, KAAATE :)

BrookeIsabelle
11th Oct 2016, 10:40
Update:

I have been put in the talent pool. I am so happy! Unfortunately they think the chances of me making ground school next week are slim, but I did tell them if a spot becomes available, I am more than ready :)

Do we get paid for training?

I must have missed the part where they addressed this, if they did.

I just have a rental contract elsewhere and I guess if we didn't get paid for training I'd have to take allllll my stuff with me to Melbourne because I wouldn't be able to afford two rentals if we don't get paid.

Good luck tomorrow Ayana :)

KAAATE
11th Oct 2016, 11:51
Update:

I have been put in the talent pool. I am so happy! Unfortunately they think the chances of me making ground school next week are slim, but I did tell them if a spot becomes available, I am more than ready :)

I just have a rental contract elsewhere and I guess if we didn't get paid for training I'd have to take allllll my stuff with me to Melbourne because I wouldn't be able to afford two rentals if we don't get paid.

Congrats! All training is paid as per the base wage for first year :) good luck!

Ccagirl
11th Oct 2016, 22:35
Hi all

I've just applied for Brisbane base domestic and read that you may be required to spend up to15 nights away per month. Does anyone know if this is the norm, or just a maximum figure? Thanks!

samasama
12th Oct 2016, 07:41
Congratulations on making it into the talent pool. How did you find out?

I was referenced checked 3 - 4 weeks ago and my application status still says 'Reference Check.'

After reading that someone else recently called them, I bit the bullet and called them on Monday and asked if they needed anything else.

The lady i spoke with said they had all the references they needed and they'd send an update email shortly. She said they were waiting on details of upcoming training schools.

My AD was on the 15/08 in the morning. Anyone else here from that AD?

Update:

manymiles
12th Oct 2016, 07:43
Hi BrookeIsabelle and Ayana.
So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been extremely busy the last week or so winding things up with my current work, ready for Ground School starting next Tuesday :)

Ayana - how did you go the Recruitment Day today? Hope you smashed it :)
Brooke - congratulations on making it through to hold status...that is absolutely fantastic! :)

manymiles
12th Oct 2016, 07:46
Congratulations on making it into the talent pool. How did you find out?

I was referenced checked 3 - 4 weeks ago and my application status still says 'Reference Check.'

After reading that someone else recently called them, I bit the bullet and called them on Monday and asked if they needed anything else.

The lady i spoke with said they had all the references they needed and they'd send an update email shortly. She said they were waiting on details of upcoming training schools.

My AD was on the 15/08 in the morning. Anyone else here from that AD?
Samasama,
Which base did you apply for?

Ayana
13th Oct 2016, 03:07
Hi BrookeIsabelle and Ayana.
So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been extremely busy the last week or so winding things up with my current work, ready for Ground School starting next Tuesday :)

Ayana - how did you go the Recruitment Day today? Hope you smashed it :)
Brooke - congratulations on making it through to hold status...that is absolutely fantastic! :)

Thanks ManyMiles 😊.

I was in the 1pm session yesterday. There were about 30 people or so. I felt I did well however you never can be too sure with these things.

Happy to report I got an email this morning advising I had progressed from yesterday and now have the online comprehension test - yay!!!! They said it would be online test, then reference check, then medical.

Brooke - did you have to do this or did you go straight to Medical?

They confirmed they had a BNe ground school starting on the 8th November so if I make it through hopefully I'll make it to this one. They didn't have any further ground schools confirmed in BNE at the stage.

samasama
13th Oct 2016, 07:11
Hi Manymiles,

I applied for Adelaide.

BrookeIsabelle
14th Oct 2016, 01:50
Congrats Ayana!!!! So good to hear!!

I did the comprehension test prior to the AD. I'd assume because they were trying to rush the recruitment process and make use of time as much as possible.

Fingers crossed you'll make it to that ground school date :)

Also exciting news Manymiles! That is so good to hear. I truly wish I could have made it to the same ground school but I'd gather it's not my turn until the next ground school next year :( I look forward to working with you in the future :)

Unless there's another ground school starting this year for MEL? But I'm pretty sure there isn't one until next year. :(

Ayana
16th Oct 2016, 07:39
Congrats Ayana!!!! So good to hear!!

I did the comprehension test prior to the AD. I'd assume because they were trying to rush the recruitment process and make use of time as much as possible.

Fingers crossed you'll make it to that ground school date :)

Also exciting news Manymiles! That is so good to hear. I truly wish I could have made it to the same ground school but I'd gather it's not my turn until the next ground school next year :( I look forward to working with you in the future :)

Unless there's another ground school starting this year for MEL? But I'm pretty sure there isn't one until next year. :(

Thanks lovely. I'll keep you posted if I make it to medical etc.

Did they give you any indication if there would be another ground school in Melb before the end of the year? Fingers crossed they can squeeze in another one so you can get started!

All the best for Tuesday ManyMiles. I have no doubt you will do phenomenally! Can't wait to hear all about your experiences!

rubyy92
16th Oct 2016, 12:09
Hi all,

I've been reading this thread for awhile now & feel real inspired by everyones success in making it pass Assessment Day :) Was wondering if anyone has applied for AKL?

BrookeIsabelle
17th Oct 2016, 23:16
Thanks lovely. I'll keep you posted if I make it to medical etc.

Did they give you any indication if there would be another ground school in Melb before the end of the year? Fingers crossed they can squeeze in another one so you can get started!

All the best for Tuesday ManyMiles. I have no doubt you will do phenomenally! Can't wait to hear all about your experiences!

Yes I'm keen to hear how you go!
Unfortunately I recall them saying this would probably be the last ground school for the year :( Such a shame! I think I'll call them in a few weeks time just to clarify that they can put me in the first ground school for next year.

If you make the November ground school you'll be all trained up before the new year! So exciting!

Ayana
18th Oct 2016, 10:07
Hi everyone ,
I have recently applied for VA domestic ADL base and did not hear anything for a long time . So I sent an email asking for an update of my application and then received elevator pitch email right after . I thought that was a bit strange , and they were advertising for SYD base as soon as I got that video email . I just finished my video and it was sent successfully . I just wondered if you are going to get a confirmation email saying your vieo has been submitted successfully? I put my prefer base as Sydney when I submitted the video. I tried to correct my application to SYD base but the system does not allow me to do so. Here's hoping I will hear from Virgin soon . What would everyone advise me to do ?

Hi Roamingthesky,

Congratulations on getting the opportunity to send the elavator pitch. I would perhaps send them an email or give them a call and ask that your application be amended for Sydney base only. Are you based in Sydney? Only as I believe you are only invited to an AD day at the base you've applied for, so if you were living elsewhere, you would have to be prepared to fly to Sydney (perhaps on very short notice), to attend the AD. It can take 12 months to transfer once you have a contract so it's better to have your preferred based as the one you are hired into. All the best and keep us updated on your progress 😊

Peta2404
19th Oct 2016, 03:42
Thanks ManyMiles 😊.

I was in the 1pm session yesterday. There were about 30 people or so. I felt I did well however you never can be too sure with these things.

Happy to report I got an email this morning advising I had progressed from yesterday and now have the online comprehension test - yay!!!! They said it would be online test, then reference check, then medical.

Brooke - did you have to do this or did you go straight to Medical?

They confirmed they had a BNe ground school starting on the 8th November so if I make it through hopefully I'll make it to this one. They didn't have any further ground schools confirmed in BNE at the stage.

I got a call inviting me to November 8 ground school but had to decline :{
They're put me in the talent pool for next recruitment.

Peta2404
19th Oct 2016, 03:54
I originally applied for bne cc back in November 2015. Got invited to a recruitment day in march but I was in Hawaii on holidays. Finally got another invite for September which I attended. Had to do a group activity and individual interview. Pass that, got an invite to do online comprehension test. Passed that. Phew �� Then reference checked. Passed that. ���� Got a call offering me a position (after medical) in ground school November 8th. But I had to decline. �� They said they'd keep me in the talent pool for 12 months. Thank god. Maybe January or March next year.

Ayana
19th Oct 2016, 10:14
I originally applied for bne cc back in November 2015. Got invited to a recruitment day in march but I was in Hawaii on holidays. Finally got another invite for September which I attended. Had to do a group activity and individual interview. Pass that, got an invite to do online comprehension test. Passed that. Phew �� Then reference checked. Passed that. ���� Got a call offering me a position (after medical) in ground school November 8th. But I had to decline. �� They said they'd keep me in the talent pool for 12 months. Thank god. Maybe January or March next year.

Congratulations PETA - that is wonderful
news. It's a shame you aren't able to attend however at least you can be assured that you have made it through and now it's just a matter of having the timing of ground school align with your shedule. How long after your references were checked did you receive the medical invite? Or did they call you to offer ground school pending a medical? You must be so pleased!

manymiles
19th Oct 2016, 20:59
Hi Team,
Update from me - today is day three for KAAATE and I for the 6 week training for MEL base.
For those who are still in the recruitment process for all bases, keep going, stay focussed and remain positive :ok:
It is worth the wait! Looking forward to hearing more good news stories from others on the forum. Keep posting...it's great to hear all the outcomes - good or not so good, and beneficial for others reading or following this forum.
Have an aweSoMe day!

Alexis2289
19th Oct 2016, 23:18
Oh thank you Many Miles….soo glad you two are enjoying Ground School. I applied for Adelaide Base and have completed my elevator interview pitch; just waiting to hear back from that; it’s been about 3 weeks since I uploaded the pitch. The waiting game is sooo hard; as I’m sure we can all agree; but if successful; it sounds like it’s all worth it in the end.

Peta2404
20th Oct 2016, 12:01
Hey Ayana,
I'm so happy to be on the talent pool list. Just upset I couldn't accept at the moment. Hopefully next year.
I got an email informing me I needed to login and update my references. They hassled my references to check their emails. They don't phone references, they email. My references filled it in on the 6th October I got the he call on the 13th.
Asked if I was still keen......yes. I explained I thought I wasn't successful as we were told gs would be November 1st. Advised it is now November 8th. And I wouldn't be able to accept at the moment. Talked about the talent pool and how it works/process. Next gs that comes up I get a call to confirm I'm still interested and available, they email me to book into medical. Obviously I need to pass that and get 1st aide and rsa.

Such an emotion process. I can't wait until next year now. :)

BrookeIsabelle
20th Oct 2016, 12:23
Hi Team,
Update from me - today is day three for KAAATE and I for the 6 week training for MEL base.
For those who are still in the recruitment process for all bases, keep going, stay focussed and remain positive :ok:
It is worth the wait! Looking forward to hearing more good news stories from others on the forum. Keep posting...it's great to hear all the outcomes - good or not so good, and beneficial for others reading or following this forum.
Have an aweSoMe day!

That's so good to hear you two are enjoying it :)

I hope it all goes well for you. Keen to hear some stories if you have the time!

:) 👍

sarah3250
20th Oct 2016, 21:34
Hiya :)

I have been stalking this thread for a while (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) finding everything you girls post about your journey so so helpful so please keep it up!
I've just applied for Sydney base 1 week ago. Submitted my elevator pitch on Sunday and waiting to hear back! Anyone else in the same boat?

Any tips for what sort of interview questions to prep for?

Xx

Lauren98
21st Oct 2016, 08:25
Hiya :)

I have been stalking this thread for a while (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) finding everything you girls post about your journey so so helpful so please keep it up!
I've just applied for Sydney base 1 week ago. Submitted my elevator pitch on Sunday and waiting to hear back! Anyone else in the same boat?

Any tips for what sort of interview questions to prep for?

Xx

Hey! I applied for the Brisbane base about a week ago too :) still waiting to hear. I've also been stalking these posts ahha, they're so helpful.

Ayana
21st Oct 2016, 10:12
Hi girls. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your progress so far.

I think the questions they ask depend a lot on your personal work experience and also which interviewer you have. From my experience, they had 6 different Virgin representatives doing the one on one interviews with 6 candidates at a time. I'm sure each had a different approach, but the lady who interviewed me was really lovely and made me feel very comfortable. We just chatted about my customer service experience and why I enjoyed the roles that I've had. I find that being natural and answering the questions honestly is the best way for your personality to shine through. They know what qualities they look for in employees and at the end of the day you want to be right for the role as well so you enjoy it (and thus they get the benefits of you as well). Just try to express your passion for customer service as much as possible, and be genuine in your answers. If you do that, you can't help but shine. Best of luck to the both of you and keep us updated on your progress.

Kate and ManyMiles - so glad to read you are loving ground school. Keep up with the updates - hope your first week was exceptional!

Hopefulme
24th Oct 2016, 11:41
Hi All, has anyone applied for VA cabin crew Sydney closing date 14th October and heard and had any feedback? I'm guessing I didn't make the cut?

sarah3250
25th Oct 2016, 07:20
Hi All, has anyone applied for VA cabin crew Sydney closing date 14th October and heard and had any feedback? I'm guessing I didn't make the cut?

I have applied for Sydney! I also have not heard back yet! Submitted my elevator pitch a week & a half ago!
Fingers crossed we hear back soon!

sarah3250
25th Oct 2016, 08:57
Hi girls. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your progress so far.

I think the questions they ask depend a lot on your personal work experience and also which interviewer you have. From my experience, they had 6 different Virgin representatives doing the one on one interviews with 6 candidates at a time. I'm sure each had a different approach, but the lady who interviewed me was really lovely and made me feel very comfortable. We just chatted about my customer service experience and why I enjoyed the roles that I've had. I find that being natural and answering the questions honestly is the best way for your personality to shine through. They know what qualities they look for in employees and at the end of the day you want to be right for the role as well so you enjoy it (and thus they get the benefits of you as well). Just try to express your passion for customer service as much as possible, and be genuine in your answers. If you do that, you can't help but shine. Best of luck to the both of you and keep us updated on your progress.

Kate and ManyMiles - so glad to read you are loving ground school. Keep up with the updates - hope your first week was exceptional!

Thankyou lovely :) I just get so nervous with job interviews! I'll try to stay relaxed and be myself :) will keep you girls updated successful or not xx

Lauren98
25th Oct 2016, 10:31
I have applied for Sydney! I also have not heard back yet! Submitted my elevator pitch a week & a half ago!
Fingers crossed we hear back soon!

I applied for BNE closing 14th, checked my application today and it says video interview but no email or information yet.

Ayana
25th Oct 2016, 22:04
Hi Ayala ,
So just a quick update about my application . I have managed to change my base to SYD from ADL and currently waiting for Assessment day email . I have submitted my pitch elevator last week and got an email advising me that there is currently no spots available for AD yet and also telling me to keep an eye out for any email about AD . So I am officially applied for SYD base . To Sarah , we are in the same boat . I hope to see you at AD in Sydney

That's great news - that means you've made it to an AD. To be honest I found the Virgin AD really smooth and comfortable in comparison to some others I've been too. They are all beyond lovely and really put you at ease. And I've found them to be very responsive in terms of timelines. I'm sure they will hold another AD in Sydney within the next few weeks as this seems to be a large recruitment drive for them. Keep us posted though when you get the email 😊

lulu7210
26th Oct 2016, 08:22
I have a question to ask.. I applied for VARA in August but only submitted my 30 sec video that virgin requested. I only sent it in Oct which may have been late but on my application status still says active. I havent heard from them as yet. I have seen that Virgin have.a new recruitment and I now want to apply to virgin domestic as I don't even know if my VARA application will be processed.. Does anyone know or recommend if I can withdraw from the VARA application and re apply for VA domestic?? On the application it doesn't give me the option to withdraw.. Any answers or help would be great thanks.

rubyy92
26th Oct 2016, 08:26
Hi all,

Was wondering if you've submitted your elevator pitch, will you get a notification of some sort or will it update on your VA application status on the VA website?

TIA

Lauren98
27th Oct 2016, 00:50
Hi all,

Was wondering if you've submitted your elevator pitch, will you get a notification of some sort or will it update on your VA application status on the VA website?

TIA

Hi, my status has changed from application acknowledged to video interview on the virgin website if that helps- I haven't received an email yet though 😊

Alexis2289
27th Oct 2016, 02:03
Hey girls, I just received an email saying I've been successful on getting through to the Assesment Day, but they don't have any scheduled yet, so will be advised of one when its scheduled in Adelaide. That was about 5 weeks after submitting my elevator pitch. Anyone else get this email today? :)

Hopefulme
27th Oct 2016, 10:37
I applied for Sydney closing date 14th October, same deal submit 30 second video. Haven't heard boo since? Has anyone received any updates for Sydney?

Hi guys,

I applied on the 28th August for Sydney based.

Got an invitation to do a 30 second video of an elevator pitch to the recruiter.

Submitted it last Friday. No word yet. Soooooo anxious to find out.

Congrats you guys applying for Adelaide based, that's awesome that you have progressed so far

xxx

lulu7210
27th Oct 2016, 13:37
Hey girls, I just received an email saying I've been successful on getting through to the Assesment Day, but they don't have any scheduled yet, so will be advised of one when its scheduled in Adelaide. That was about 5 weeks after submitting my elevator pitch. Anyone else get this email today? :)
Yes I got the email too today saying I've progressed to the recruitment day although there are none scheduled. I applied in Perth and this is really strange, I've never received an email to say I'm successful although there are no recruitment days scheduled. Another thing is the other day the perth recruitment opened again for VARA, domestic and short haul closing 9 Nov but today it's been deleted so not sure what's going on..

Lauren98
31st Oct 2016, 05:20
I'm through to recruitment day! But there isn't any scheduled at the moment

Ayana
31st Oct 2016, 07:15
Hi All,

Just wondering how everyone is going with their recruitment? Has anyone who made it to an AD had a date confirmed yet?

Positive vibes to you all.

Many miles and Kaaate, hope you're both loving GS!

Alexis2289
31st Oct 2016, 08:19
I've made it through to the Recruitment Day but haven't heard of any dates for the Adelaide Base yet! Checking my emails constantly :)

Lauren98
31st Oct 2016, 08:23
I just got an email for BNE AD 8th or 9th November!

Ayana
31st Oct 2016, 09:10
Oh awesome girls. Seems like everyone is progressing through which is so positive to here.

Lauren let us know how you go with your AD! Fingers crossed for you.

KAAATE
31st Oct 2016, 11:16
Hi everyone!
Sorry we haven't given any updates. Manymiles and myself have been super busy with GS! We are into week 3 and loving it, although it is super intense. Good luck to you all!

Pattycloud
2nd Nov 2016, 07:37
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted here. I'm glad that most of us here are progressing. 🙂

Anyways, I did my online test last week and just waiting for the next step. Hopefully, I'll be able to pass all the remaining process.

Goodluck everyone! Cheers!

mitcha
2nd Nov 2016, 09:28
Congrats Lauren!
I'm still waiting to hear back for bne. When did you submit your application?

Lauren98
2nd Nov 2016, 10:44
Congrats Lauren!
I'm still waiting to hear back for bne. When did you submit your application?

I submitted 11th of October 😊

Pattycloud
3rd Nov 2016, 07:29
Hello everyone! Anyone here applied for Sydney? I did my online test last week and I'm on reference check now. Hopefully they can contact my referees right away so I can get an update in a short time. Goodluck everyone! :):O

Lauren98
4th Nov 2016, 02:03
Was just wondering if anyone has tips on how I should prepare for the interview? And what are the steps after the interview? 😊 If you can help let me know!

rubyy92
4th Nov 2016, 04:47
Hi all!

Was wondering if anyone knows if Virgin Australia has an International Perth Base? If not, what are the destinations Perth Base Crew fly to? All I know is that there is Regional and Short Haul? What's the destinations for short haul?

Thaaaanks

aa1903
7th Nov 2016, 01:59
What is involved in the medical? is it just your standard height, weight, audio, lung, vision, urine test? Or is there a physical part where you have to run on a treadmill or something? If your BMI is in the overweight or obese category would you not be offered a job?

our001
7th Nov 2016, 03:10
Applied for Sydney for VA - application had to be in Oct 14, got the email re the elevator pitch video - did that

Heard nothing since.

Has anyone else heard anything from the Oct 14 deadline?

I cannot imagine a ground school starting till the beginning of Jan

Pattycloud
7th Nov 2016, 06:35
Applied for Sydney for VA - application had to be in Oct 14, got the email re the elevator pitch video - did that

Heard nothing since.

Has anyone else heard anything from the Oct 14 deadline?

I cannot imagine a ground school starting till the beginning of Jan

Hi our001! I attended an AD 2 weeks ago in Sydney and I'm on reference check now. I hope you'll get an AD invite soon. Good luck to all of us! 😀

Lauren98
7th Nov 2016, 08:52
I have my AD tomorrow, does anyone have any tips on what to expect? Very excited

Ayana
7th Nov 2016, 10:15
I have my AD tomorrow, does anyone have any tips on what to expect? Very excited

Hi Lauren98,

Good luck tomorrow. It's quite an enjoyable day. They'll do a short presentation on VA and what to expect as CC, then you'll do an icebreaker, a group activity and then a short one on one interview. They'll also run through the process on the recruitment process steps.

My best advice is to just be yourself. Be natural, smile, and try to demonstrate all of your customer service experience. They'll make you feel really relaxed as the recruiters are so lovely.

All the best and let us know how you go.

our001
8th Nov 2016, 04:12
Thanks for the update.

Hopefully i will get an invite.

Did they mention a Ground School start date?

TIA

Lauren98
8th Nov 2016, 19:35
I had my AD yesterday and I think it went really well! It was so relaxed and the recruiters were lovely! Now to wait 7 days to see how it went

Ayana
8th Nov 2016, 22:03
I had my AD yesterday and I think it went really well! It was so relaxed and the recruiters were lovely! Now to wait 7 days to see how it went

Good stuff. Glad to hear it went well! Did they mention when the next lot of ground schools would be?

Alexis2289
8th Nov 2016, 23:00
So happy to hear the AD went well for you. Makes me a little more relaxed about it all. Still waiting to hear on a date for the Adelaide Base. Hopefully there is one before the end of the year. Keep us updated; and I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

Lauren98
8th Nov 2016, 23:26
They said the next ground school won't be until Feb for Brisbane.

+Fingers crossed you hear soon!

Lauren98
10th Nov 2016, 00:12
I unfortunately didn't make it to the online testing :(

Skyangel20
10th Nov 2016, 03:39
I unfortunately didn't make it to the online testing :(

Sorry to hear that Lauren :( keep trying it took me 3 goes to get through to online testing

mitcha
11th Nov 2016, 08:59
Does that mean you have to wait 12 months to reapply? ��

Lauren98
12th Nov 2016, 18:22
Yes it does

BrookeIsabelle
14th Nov 2016, 00:12
Hey beautiful people

Hope you guys are enjoying Gs Manymiles and Kate.

I called VA the other day and was told there would be 3 ground schools running in Melbourne in January. I'm not sure if this was just specific to the October GS this year or if it always is, but to my understanding Adelaide members also come and get put up in a nice hotel (jealous).

They said they'd email very soon about the specific dates. I'm off to the States until the 4th so praying mine isn't until at least the 5th haha.

Look forward to discussing specific GS dates when we get more info.

Skyangel20
14th Nov 2016, 03:30
Hey beautiful people

Hope you guys are enjoying Gs Manymiles and Kate.

I called VA the other day and was told there would be 3 ground schools running in Melbourne in January. I'm not sure if this was just specific to the October GS this year or if it always is, but to my understanding Adelaide members also come and get put up in a nice hotel (jealous).

They said they'd email very soon about the specific dates. I'm off to the States until the 4th so praying mine isn't until at least the 5th haha.

Look forward to discussing specific GS dates when we get more info.

What number did you use haha I am in the Brisbane talent pool and waiting very (im)patiently for more info of when our next GS is.

Ayana
14th Nov 2016, 10:07
What number did you use haha I am in the Brisbane talent pool and waiting very (im)patiently for more info of when our next GS is.

Lauren98 - - so sorry to hear that. But I agree to definetely keep trying. I know many people that tried numerous times before they were through.

Skyangel I'm in the same boat as you for Brisbane. I would love there to be a GS before Christmas but apparently the next one isn't until February. They had a GS in Brisbane start on 7th November but that was from the August recruitment round and my AD wasn't until 12th October. Which AD did you attend?

Skyangel20
14th Nov 2016, 10:44
I attended the afternoon session on the 26th of September :) keen to know if anyone from that one is on here & what stage they are at! X

Alexis2289
14th Nov 2016, 19:41
I'm Adelaide base but still waiting to hear on an AD date. Hopefully hear soon...is anyone else an Adelaide Base? Hope all who are on active hold hear something soon about Ground Schools. If they are doing three in Melbourne, they may be doing a few state combined ones hopefully.

Clay111
14th Nov 2016, 23:18
Hi
Does anyone knows how long to wait to hear from them once your referees been contacted
Please share

BrookeIsabelle
15th Nov 2016, 10:59
Skyangel20 just call the head office number and they'll direct your call.

Alexis2289
17th Nov 2016, 23:40
Just thought I would update those who have been successful in making it through to an AD, but are just waiting to hear of one scheduled in their base – I’m Adelaide Base and the next Adelaide one is possible end of Jan/early February. I called Head Office to just get a rough time frame – hope this helps a few people.

Flytofreedom
18th Nov 2016, 02:05
Hi
I have done the elevator pitch for Auckland base in October and received confirmation of progression to a recruitment day. I see applications close 24th. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes to get to interview stage? Also Whether if successful I would be in the Janyary ground school or maybe have to wait for a later one?

Also could anyone please share what happens on the assessme Day and what I'd need to study for the online assessment? Sorry so many questions it's all new to me ��

Skyangel20
19th Nov 2016, 00:36
AD days start with a presentation about Virgin, then go to group activities, then one on ones. A couple of days later you get an email saying if you go onto online testing or not then you have 72hours to complete it, after you have completed it (it's a psychometric test so you can't study for it) they let you know if you are onto references or not. My ref checks took 6 weeks but I know of others that have taken 4. Then you get a medical and final review then an offer. If there are no gs scheduled you get put in a talent pool till one is avail. If you go back through this forum there is a wealth of info on all different experiences.

Flytofreedom
19th Nov 2016, 10:57
Thank you so much Skyangel20 !! Good to know what to expect

Peta2404
20th Nov 2016, 08:59
I attended the afternoon session on the 26th of September :) keen to know if anyone from that one is on here & what stage they are at! X

Hi Sky, I was in the afternoon session that day too. I'm in the talent pool. Once They have a gs date I just need to do the medical. If I pass that, which I would hope. :) I need to also get my rsa, first aid and extend my passport because it no longer has 6 months.

Barbs97
22nd Nov 2016, 07:19
Hi All I attended AD today for MEL base. Was such a great day. Good luck to everyone awaiting their response.

Barbs97
24th Nov 2016, 05:30
I don't know if anyone is still using this forum. But I found out today i passed AD - progressed to online testing and completed that. Awaiting response

Flytofreedom
24th Nov 2016, 06:13
I have a AD day 6 Dec -yay!

I cant open the attachments in their email ie the candidate cover form etc? The page says the site cant be reached? Did anyone else have this trouble?
Also can anyone enlighten me on what they do for the group activities? thanks guys

Barbs97
25th Nov 2016, 23:22
Passed the online testing. Onto Reference Testing!

Barbs97
25th Nov 2016, 23:43
I have a AD day 6 Dec -yay!

I cant open the attachments in their email ie the candidate cover form etc? The page says the site cant be reached? Did anyone else have this trouble?
Also can anyone enlighten me on what they do for the group activities? thanks guys
Flytofreedom,

On AD you will go in and they will give you a brief quiz on VA. From there they do background info on the company as well as an insight to pay etc...

You will then introduce yourself to the group and recruiters and from there do the Group Assessment. Our question was "You have had an emergency landing and are unaware of your surroundings or of any injuries, list only 5 items that you would take and why?"

From there you have a break and from there you do one-on-one interviews.

I wish you the best of luck.

Mn64
26th Nov 2016, 01:31
Virgin seem to be doing a lot of hiring, anyone know why? Is there high crew turnover, or are they expanding?

Barbs97
26th Nov 2016, 01:38
Virgin seem to be doing a lot of hiring, anyone know why? Is there high crew turnover, or are they expanding?
I know next year in MEL they are expanding to doing international flights from MEL base again, so I know they are increasing recruitment for that.

aa1903
26th Nov 2016, 04:18
Barbs97- how many people attended your assessment day? What base is this for and did they say when they were wanting a ground school to start?
Good luck with the next stages!

Mn64- I think it's with the new routes to Asia that VA will be flying to next year. Possibly they need more cabin crew?

Barbs97
27th Nov 2016, 00:09
Barbs97- how many people attended your assessment day? What base is this for and did they say when they were wanting a ground school to start?

Mn64- I think it's with the new routes to Asia that VA will be flying to next year. Possibly they need more cabin crew?
Hi aa1903 - Roughly 20. For MEL base and they said they had tentative dates for JAN and APR.

Thank you! :)

Mn64
28th Nov 2016, 01:44

Thank you :)

Flytofreedom
28th Nov 2016, 03:44
Barbs97
Congrats on getting to reference check!
Thanks for info
Did you notice a variety of ages in the other candidates? Just wondering if Virgin does hire older people too not just people in their twenties.

Barbs97
29th Nov 2016, 05:30
Barbs97
Congrats on getting to reference check!
Thanks for info
Did you notice a variety of ages in the other candidates? Just wondering if Virgin does hire older people too not just people in their twenties.
Thanks Flytofreedom - found out today I passed reference checks and am now off to do the swimming competency test.
There was a huge variety of ages :)

lulu7210
1st Dec 2016, 02:14
Could I just ask anyone what the online test is like? Is it easy. Im sometimes bad at it. Is it numeracy or just literacy?

Skyangel20
1st Dec 2016, 05:45
Could I just ask anyone what the online test is like? Is it easy. Im sometimes bad at it. Is it numeracy or just literacy?

It's physcohmetric Google it you can do practice tests online

BrookeIsabelle
1st Dec 2016, 06:23
I'm really over the moon to hear I've been offered a place in GS starting the 10th of January in Melbourne. Let me know if anyone else here will be there.

Lulu, if it's what I remember, it's a comprehension test. Pay lots of attention to the extracts on the screen and answer relevant questions about what you just read.

Curiousguy101
1st Dec 2016, 07:15
Hey, did anyone put a photograph of themselves on the resume?

Also is the following steps correct from what i've read so far?

1. Online resume
2. if successful they ask for elevator pitch
3. If successful they ask you to come into Assesment day
- Introduce yourself, group activity, 1 on 1 interview
4. Reference check
5. Offer
6. Training

Ayana
1st Dec 2016, 07:16
I'm really over the moon to hear I've been offered a place in GS starting the 10th of January in Melbourne. Let me know if anyone else here will be there.

Lulu, if it's what I remember, it's a comprehension test. Pay lots of attention to the extracts on the screen and answer relevant questions about what you just read.

Oh well done girl! That's so exciting!!!! I'm BNE base and just waiting on GS date. So pumped! Have you done your swim cert and medical yet?

Curiousguy101
1st Dec 2016, 07:27
Would it be wise to put your photo on your resume? not the full frontal but a face shot thats professionally done?

Skyangel20
1st Dec 2016, 09:00
Oh well done girl! That's so exciting!!!! I'm BNE base and just waiting on GS date. So pumped! Have you done your swim cert and medical yet?

Same ayana the wait is killing me!! Have you done your swim cert yet?

BrookeIsabelle
1st Dec 2016, 09:17
Thanks Ayana! And good to hear the news with you too! Swim test and medical have been done and medical results have been finalised with VA. The medical actually was easy peasy. Let us know when you get a GS date :)

aa1903
1st Dec 2016, 13:12
Curiousguy101- No need to put a photo on your resume, they only require a passport photo for the recruitment day.

Flytofreedom- there were about 20 people at my recruitment day, of which about 5 were 40+, most people seemed to be mid twenties. There were a couple of young under 20 year olds. I've seen plenty of older flight attendants for VA, but no where near as many as QF have.

BrookeIsabelle- what was involved in your medical?

Also, does anyone think the salary is quite low? 41,000-44,000 including super for the first year. Unless you are under 21 and its your first f/t job, its not exactly an appealing number... especially in an expensive city to live in like Sydney.

Barbs97
1st Dec 2016, 21:41

I guess I'll be seeing you there!! :D I also received the call yesterday advising I have been offered a position in 10th Jan Ground School!

Ayana
1st Dec 2016, 21:47
Same ayana the wait is killing me!! Have you done your swim cert yet?

Yep I've done my swim cert 😊. Have you? I'm guessing the next ground school won't be until February, so we have a bit of time to wait however it will be worth it.

Skyangel20
1st Dec 2016, 22:23
Yep I've done my swim cert 😊. Have you? I'm guessing the next ground school won't be until February, so we have a bit of time to wait however it will be worth it.

Yessss just waiting on medical and gs date !!

Barbs97
2nd Dec 2016, 04:33

omg. I am in the same Ground School!! Well done!! :)

Peta2404
2nd Dec 2016, 04:53
Yessss just waiting on medical and gs date !!

Hi Sky and Ayana,
I'm in the Brisbane talent pool as well. Got an email last week asking for water comp. Went online and attached it. No word on when the medical or ground school. I can't wait.
I still need to do rsa and first aid, just holding off for a date to make sure they have 12 months when gs starts.
I'd love to know what's involved with the medical.

Peta2404
2nd Dec 2016, 04:56
Thanks Ayana! And good to hear the news with you too! Swim test and medical have been done and medical results have been finalised with VA. The medical actually was easy peasy. Let us know when you get a GS date :)

Can you give me an idea what's involved in the medical.
Eye sight? Hearing? Blood test? Anything physical????

BrookeIsabelle
3rd Dec 2016, 02:28
Aa1903 & Peta2404, the medical involved a breath test, hearing test, eye sight test medical questionnaire, super basic physical test (can you crouch, raise arms and turn head etc) and a urine test for drugs.

Barbs97 woohoo! Congrats! I'll see you there! :)

Barbs97
3rd Dec 2016, 02:43
Aa1903 & Peta2404, the medical involved a breath test, hearing test, eye sight test medical questionnaire, super basic physical test (can you crouch, raise arms and turn head etc) and a urine test for drugs.

Looking forward to it!!

Flytofreedom
3rd Dec 2016, 06:21
Congrats guys for getting into GS so exciting!
Re the passport photo to attach to forms for AD - do they actually use this for anything official if you get through? Or can you just use any nice head and shoulders pic in a passport size? Just wondering if I need to get a proper passport photo done ie no smile white background rather than a more flattering smiling front on picture from my camera roll

aa1903
3rd Dec 2016, 07:10
FlytoFreedom- I don't think they use it for anything official as you need to glue it to the application form. I think its just so they can put a face to the name after the recruitment day. I literally took mine at home against the wall and printed it out at home. I was smiling in mine, i don't think its the typical passport photo where you can't smile.

Barbs97 & BrookeIsabelle - congratulations!!

BrookeIsabelle
3rd Dec 2016, 08:48
I'm not too sure Flytofreedom. I'm guessing it's for your file but would suggest contacting them to clarify.

Barbs97
4th Dec 2016, 22:06
Hi guys.

Just went for my medical... does anyone know the restriction surround colour deficiency/colour blindness ?? 💭💭

flywme
4th Dec 2016, 22:24
Auckland training school confirmed for start Feb 27.

highabove
5th Dec 2016, 22:49
Hey all, just wondering how much noticed have VA been giving before a recruitment day? Is it sometimes only a matter of days? Also I have read elsewhere that some people were asked questions such as "if you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be and why?" do they seem to still be asking these types of questions?? Thanks!

aa1903
5th Dec 2016, 23:57
Highabove- they gave about 10 days notice for my recruitment day. If you can't attend then let them know and they will offer you a spot at the next day. As far as the question, we weren't asked the fruit or handbag one. Everyone just had to say a fun fact about them. Which I think was great as it gave you and the people at your table something to talk about with each other to get to know them better while waiting as there is a lot of waiting at these recruitment days

highabove
6th Dec 2016, 00:32
Highabove- they gave about 10 days notice for my recruitment day. If you can't attend then let them know and they will offer you a spot at the next day. As far as the question, we weren't asked the fruit or handbag one. Everyone just had to say a fun fact about them. Which I think was great as it gave you and the people at your table something to talk about with each other to get to know them better while waiting as there is a lot of waiting at these recruitment days
Thanks aa1903! I am waiting for the next Adelaide base recruitment day and seeing as they don't seem to have many here I'll be doing all I can to make it! I believe someone mentioned they wont have one till late Jan/early Feb though. Thanks for the info :)

Alexis2289
6th Dec 2016, 01:02
Thanks aa1903! I am waiting for the next Adelaide base recruitment day and seeing as they don't seem to have many here I'll be doing all I can to make it! I believe someone mentioned they wont have one till late Jan/early Feb though. Thanks for the info :)

Hey high above, I'm in the same boat as you, waiting on the Adelaide Recruitment Day. I rang head office and they said it will most likely be around end of Jan/early Feb. Hopefully we hear soon. See you there :)

Barbs97
6th Dec 2016, 08:14

How long did it take you to hear back from VA regarding medical clearance?

Hannahh
7th Dec 2016, 03:03
Hey guys, I just had my assessment day today for Auckland! Do you know if being 18 is a disadvantage? Or is anyone here 18 that has gotten through or knows anyone that has? Good luck to you all!

Barbs97
8th Dec 2016, 01:06
Hey guys, I just had my assessment day today for Auckland! Do you know if being 18 is a disadvantage? Or is anyone here 18 that has gotten through or knows anyone that has? Good luck to you all!
Hi Hannahh - I am 19 and have had no downfalls with going through the application process. I am just now awaiting results from my medical. I wish you all the best!

aa1903
8th Dec 2016, 02:43
I don't think being 18 would be a problem. As long as you are mature and not a giggly, silly 18 year old not taking the day seriously. I saw quite a few of those girls and I could see they didn't quite have the maturity.

Pattycloud
8th Dec 2016, 09:12
Hi guys! I just want to share to everyone that I just finished my medical and just waiting for the clearance.

All the best to everyone! See you guys up there! 😄

Barbs97
8th Dec 2016, 09:28
Hi guys! I just want to share to everyone that I just finished my medical and just waiting for the clearance.

Good luck! I just received clearance today! Received my official offer

Peta2404
8th Dec 2016, 09:36

What did you have to do in the medical???? What questions are on the medical questionnaire??? Anything about past surgeries.

Peta2404
8th Dec 2016, 09:41
Had a miss call today from Virgin. Voicemails confirmed ground school for January 24th
I need to call her back tomorrow.
Do they give you a time frame to get the medical done? What does the email say.
So nervous, this is the last step before ground school.

Peta2404
8th Dec 2016, 09:45
Good luck! I just received clearance today! Received my official offer

Congrats Barbs97. 👏🏼

Skyangel20
8th Dec 2016, 12:35
hope I get a phone call / email peta let us know as soon as you have more info 😍

Pattycloud
8th Dec 2016, 14:09
What did you have to do in the medical???? What questions are on the medical questionnaire??? Anything about past surgeries.

It's pretty basic. Yes, they will ask you about past surgeries/hospitalization and will assess you if you're fit to work. Don't stress too much. You'll be fine. :)

Barbs97
8th Dec 2016, 23:19
Hey!! They do the drug/alcohol test. Eye test. Weight. Hearing Test. General medical tests. Best of lluck!

Barbs97
9th Dec 2016, 10:54
All done! Contract signed! Bring on Jan 10!

aa1903
9th Dec 2016, 12:49
Well done barbs97!!

Flytofreedom
10th Dec 2016, 00:33
Well done Barbs97 Let us know how GS goes

Peta2404
11th Dec 2016, 07:37
Hello ,

Was wondering if anyone has information regarding

Cabin Crew Brisbane Talent Pool 2016(497576).

I have completed my water cert and I am now waiting for medicall checks. Is there any one else for BNE base ?
Any idea when ground trainning may commence ?.
Thanks .

Hey Flo, There are couple of us in the BNE talent pool. I too have done the water comp. Sally from recruiting called and left a voicemail on Thursday informing me of ground school confirmed for January 24th. I tried unsuccessfully contacting her on Friday. Fingers crossed I get to speak to her tomorrow. 🙏🏼

Flytofreedom
12th Dec 2016, 02:17
Got email today saying Im through to Online test yay so excited!!- says its timed and have to complete in 10 mins.

Re medical: I had surgery on my arm but Im going to get the surgeon to write a letter as hes said im 100% fit to work. Did anyone here pass the medical after having had a previous surgery? Im pretty sure it will be ok, just dont know how strict they are?

Peta2404
12th Dec 2016, 06:33
Got the call today. I've got my medical tomorrow through Sonic Health. Fingers crossed I make it. Then I can give notice to work before xmas. 👏🏼🎅🏼 Still need to get my first aid and rsa certificates.